[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: Duck Wesley Snipes.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Duck Wesley Snipes.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Street Level Hero Edition - How do we make a better Gambit than the Card Caster?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Ultimate Intrigue leaks:
>classes: http://imgur.com/a/tlwEX
>feats: http://imgur.com/a/PA4eT
>items: http://imgur.com/a/RzJiF

Previous Thread: >>46473050

Pic semi-related.
>>
>>46482097
>Jekyll
Uhh... Isn' it static markup for blogs?
>>
If you want a better gambit than Gambit you could always use warlord gambits because Gambit is shit.
>>
Reposting since it didn't get much attention in the last thread:
/pfg/ is there any good way to marry Vancian casting with CON-casting/blood magic that uses HP as a casting resource?
>>
>>46482173
Not that I'm aware of. HP is too easily recovered to power spell slots, as is CON damage.
>>
>>46482057
It's my project for putting up interesting tier 3 content that d20pfsrd is taking forever to update (aka SoP and PoW), with a side use of better archetype display and the like.

>>46482156
It's what Github Pages uses, which is what the site is running on. I've been looking at other static site generators, but I haven't found one yet that fits the alternative case of "push the repo to a Heroku instance and have it (re)build everything automatically".
>>
>>46482057

>http://pathminder.github.io/
>Pathminder is a collection of Pathfinder content intended to produce characters of more-or-less equal power levels. To this end, the site contains classes and other material sourced from multiple publishers, as well as pre-archetyped classes intended to better fit an average power level than the unarchetyped versions.
>>
Can you lads help me figure this out?
I'm trying to come up with a Gestalt character that outputs really big DPR, reliably, preferably at range.
Right now the best I've got is Zen Archer Monk/Marksman.
Please throw in your two cents, eh?
This is for a highly optimized game, so don't worry.
Level 5, by the way.
>>
>>46482289
Gunsmoke Mystic//Trench Fighter, or Warlord//Paladin, or Inquisitor//OD Hawkguard Warder
>>
What's the most fun build you've ran /pfg/?
>>
Here is an enemy I made that ended up wrecking the party.

>party is level 12 and traversing a mountain's rocky pass
>hostile druid was coming for them
>earth glided beneath them
>rock to mud the ground below them
>player doesn't move off of it
>makes drag maneuver to pull character into mud
>casts mud to rock
>had a good enough drag check to make the character completely encased in stone

He targeted the only PC that he thought might be able to cast earthglide (which he was correct about).

I liked the encounter, he got one more guy before the PCs managed to escape. They don't even have the bodies anymore.
>>
>>46482173
>>46482190
Not them, but what if you base the system around HP costs that start low but scale higher the more you use your spells in one day, so that the issue isn't restoring lost HP but managing your spell usage so that you don't end up only halfway through the day with spells that will KO you for casting them? Combine it with Vancian casting by requiring spells known like a sorcerer and giving some number of "freebie" spells per day that you can use, prepared like a wizard, but using other spells or more spells beyond you limited number of prepared slots causes increasing amounts of HP damage until eventually the cost is greater than your max HP and you can't cast without knocking yourself out.
>>
>>46482289
>Monk + Marksman
HA. NO.

What you want is probably Ordained Defender Hawkguard Warder // Gunsmoke Mystic/Phoenix Champion. Spend your Warder maneuvers on mostly counters and boosts, namely the ones that let you nope out of bad situations, reroll saves, free movement, etc. Riven Hourglass is pretty good for this, and if you go TN, you get Eternal Guardian for free from Ordained Defender. Sleeping Goddess is also really handy, and uses the Wisdom-based Autohypnosis for everything. Silver Crane can also be good, and is Wisdom-based.

Gunsmoke Mystic maneuvers go straight into Solar Wind, Tempest Gale, and Elemental Flux, and you use your Good Warder BAB to qualify for Phoenix Champion on that side at 4th for Even More Burning Things. Get yourself a Musket early on - you can use Animus to reload it for free - and after a few levels get a Rifle if possible, since with Rapid Reload you can reload the whole thing as a free action and then never care about reloading again. Frankly, if you pick your stances, maneuvers, and boosts right on this side, you'll probably kill things in your CR range in one or two hits.

Oh, and you have proficiency with heavy armor, so you can buy yourself a nice set of Mithral Full Plate later on if you want, or a Mithral Breastplate, depending on how high your DEX ends up.
>>
>>46482401
Nice way of getting your petrification fetish on, eh anon?
>>
>>46482452
They weren't petrified, they were encased. Completely different. If I wanted petrification there is a spell literally for that.
>>
>>46482385
>inb4 wizard 20
>>
>>46482401
Did the player have an opportunity to move off the mud before being dragged under?
>>
>>46482385
Iroran Paladin - 2
Unchained Monk - 5
Chevalier - 3
Champion of Irori - 10

>Charisma to saves
>Charisma and Wisdom to AC
>Has the full 12 attack flurry of blows
>Smites evil as a level 20 paladin
>Counts as a level 16 monk for stunning fist/flurry/unarmed damaged/AC bonus
>Can smite chaos & evil
>Is immune to poison/disease
>buff auras

Honestly both his defenses and his offense are strong, but all he can really do is punch until something dies. If something is immune to punching/stunning fist he is kinda screwed.

Rate?
>>
>>46482401
>character didn't have freedom of movement

>>46482440
It sounds like you want truenaming but with HP instead of skill checks.
>>
>OH SHIT OH BOY, finally we got a capable DM
>first session. its perfect
>spend an entire week planning the spells learned level by level from 1 up until 10
>start actually WRITING a background after years
>my excitement levels are off the charts
>second session
>comes out it was all a VR simulation
>DM make us roll characters for Cyberpunk Homebrew™

i died
>>
>>46482470
Okay, encasement fetish. Sorry.
>>
>>46482493
They were level 12 so it was 24 10 ft cubes. That means almost a 5x5 area around them. One of them wasn't fast enough.
>>
>>46482518
Punch him in the face.
>>
Are there any good druid / ranger archetypes that aren't druids or rangers?

Trying to find replacements for a lot of core classes, and of the core available I'm considering only leaving: Barbarian, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer and maybe bard.

Fighter can be replaced by warblade / warder
Rogue can be replaced by stalker or something.
Cleric ???
Druid ???
Monk - Path of war stuffs?
Wizard -> Psion
>>
So tell me, why don't you mark all your belongings with Crimson Confession?
>>
So I was looking at the "Symbol of" spell list and found it lacking. I'm going to have to home rule some fun ones.
What are some interesting ideas for a "Symbol of" spell?
>>
>>46482440
One of the various means of Fire Immunity + Polymorph Any Object (Human -> Troll) + Polymorph Any Object (Troll -> Moss Troll) = Regeneration 5 (Fire) + Fire Immunity.

Endurance + Die Hard + Above = Immune to death & unconsciousness by HP damage. At that point, you have infinite spells forever.

The scrolls cost 3000gp each, I'm sure someone can find a way to get fire immunity with Pathfinder material (and if not, there's a spell in 3.5e that does it).
>>
>>46482514
I don't really know anything about Truenaming but if it involves skill checks to cast that scale up to higher DCs the more you cast, I'd say the main difference is that there's no risk of failure to cast, as long as you have enough HP to afford casting. They'd probably get something like fast healing or some other kind of HP restoring abilities to help with that, but eventually the HP cost would be enough they can't pay it even at max HP. That would be equivalent to the wizard running out of spells.

>>46482566
So he just lost his character, no rez possible since the body is gone, with no real warning or chance to defend himself since it was impossible for him to get out of the mud pit in time? How did he take it?
>>
>>46482660
Symbol of Symbols.
It rolls on a table to do a random Symbol effect.
>>
File: Uncanny X-Men #266.jpg (84 KB, 400x623) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny X-Men #266.jpg
84 KB, 400x623
>>46482163
Good idea. The Warlord can trade Primal Fury for Elemental Flux.

>>46482619
Replace it with the Hunter.
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/hunter
>>
>>46482618
I can't
I can't cuz all the niggas gave him the mirin face for da gona fuck yo in the bums wit dis tweest
DAMN NIGGA
I JUST WANTED MY FUCKING WIZARD DOIN SUM MAD MATH SHIT EVERY DUMB DAMN TURN NIGGA
SHIT
>>
>>46482692
That's a bit dickish. I love it.
>>
>>46482671
I think that already doesn't work because AFAIK you won't gain the troll's regeneration from assuming its form. Even if you did, the class feature could be worded in such a way as to prevent abuse like that, like by stating you can't cast a spell if your current HP isn't enough to pay for it without your HP being reduced to a negative number.

So, not an issue.
>>
>tfw waiting on a game and fearing the worst
>>
>>46482660
Symbol of Annoyance: 1st level, it makes you persistently itch (gives a small penalty to everything for 10 minutes or 1 hour/level)

Symbol of Fish: An old fish is conjured by the symbol and smacks the observer in the face for 1d6 damage, plus a Will save or nauseated for 1 minute

Symbol of Attraction: The observer is drawn to whatever the symbol is on - they must own it if it's an object, or are subject to an unnatural lust-style effect if it's a creature

Symbol of Matchmaking: Only triggers if there are two observers. Both are subject to the Matchmaking spell with each other.

Symbol of Paranoia: The observer must Will save or believe they have been affected by some kind of symbol with a harmful long-term effect
>>
What happens if i sink in a lake of lava but i have fire immunity?
>>
>>46482677
>So he just lost his character, no rez possible since the body is gone, with no real warning or chance to defend himself since it was impossible for him to get out of the mud pit in time? How did he take it?
Angry, which I am fine with. They knew a druid was after them. The druid did what it thought it could to win a 5v1. It was correct, it killed two PCs.

I didn't even build the druid to do this in particular, he was a melee druid.
>>
>>46482762
>I think that already doesn't work because AFAIK you won't gain the troll's regeneration from assuming its form.
PAO mimics Greater Polymorph which mimics the Giant Form line, which explicitly grants the taken form's regeneration.

I'd just make a clause that disallows you from casting when your HP is less than your negative CON score, because your suggestion would mean a caster with Die Hard couldn't completely kill themselves by casting, which is probably one of the most thematically-fitting things for a blood caster to do.
>>
>>46482765
Don't ever trust games that start good
NEVER
>>
>>46482789
Drowning/suffocation I guess
>>
File: XG - Billy Lee Black.jpg (18 KB, 305x300) Image search: [Google]
XG - Billy Lee Black.jpg
18 KB, 305x300
>>46482619
Replace Cleric with Warpriest, Alchemist, or Oracle.
>>
>>46482781
>Symbol of Paranoia: The observer must Will save or believe they have been affected by some kind of symbol with a harmful long-term effect
My sides!
>>
>>46482804
I learned that the hard way. It's hard trusting games. Especially text only games. I've never been able to get one to last.
>>
>>46482851
What if i don't need to breath?
>>
>>46482660
Symbol of Peace: Character is forced to deal non-lethal damage and cannot intentionally kill anything. Lasts for a really fucking long time, unless you're un-cursed.
>>
File: Oglaf - trapmaster.jpg (153 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
Oglaf - trapmaster.jpg
153 KB, 760x596
>>46482781
>>46482877
>>
>>46482802
>PAO mimics Greater Polymorph which mimics the Giant Form line, which explicitly grants the taken form's regeneration.

Nope, I double-checked that. Greater Polymorph doesn't function as Giant Shape. Giant is a subtype of Humanoid in Pathfinder, and Greater Polymorph/Polymorph function as Alter Self for humanoids. In fact, I don't even see a clause that ignores the size limits of Alter Self, so I don't think giants even ARE an option with Greater Polymorph- if you want to take the form of a Humanoid, it has to be a medium or small one. This extends to Polymorph Any Object, since it functions as Greater Polymorph.

In any case, you and I have both come up with different ways to word it so that it's not possible to get infinite spells via this system, so I don't think it's a real issue.
>>
>>46482660
Some easy ones:
Symbol of Stone - smacks a Flesh to Stone effect on everyone
Symbol of Banishment - will save or get shunted to random plane. Enjoy your vacation in the Negative Energy Plane.
Symbol of Toxins - Fort save or get dosed with a poison used as a material component in the casting of the spell. Limit on the value of the poison based on caster level, to keep it from being too bullshit.
Symbol of Exchange - Will save, or everyone effected swaps bodies for a few minutes. If only one person fails the save, they're confused for a few rounds due to the weird trauma of swapping bodies with themselves.
Symbol of Suggestion - Will save or get affected by a pre-determined Suggestion spell.
Symbol of Prisms - Get affected by a random Prismatic effect
>>
What would be the cost of a self-resetting magical trap that triggers Memorize Page on everyone who walks over it?

I want to troll people to the maximum by inserting bad fanfiction into their brains.
>>
>>46482996
>Symbol of Exchange - Will save, or everyone effected swaps bodies for a few minutes. If only one person fails the save, they're confused for a few rounds due to the weird trauma of swapping bodies with themselves.
A Freaky Friday spell? I'm in.
>>
>>46482883
Then you should be alright. Pressure might be an issue, but as written, lava only deals fire damage.
>>
>>46483156
>familiar and master swap bodies
>shenanigans ensue
>>
>>46482085
Why didn't he just say Motherduckers?
>>
>>46483179
>>46482789
Actually, you really can't sink into a lake of lava, at least not fast enough to matter

Remember, lava is molten STONE. It has the same density as stone.

If you have a lake of molten lava that's just sitting there and not moving around, and you have fire immunity, you could just walk across it.

Flowing lava would be more of a problem. It would be something like trying to walk through extremely heavy flowing mud - you'd probably need Acrobatics checks to keep from getting your feet stuck in the flow.
>>
>>46483266
I figured he would be talking about moving lava
>>
>>46483231
Familiar locks you in a cake and plays matchmaker while you're out

You come to, half an hour later, on a candlelit date with the paladin.
>>
>>46482289
>highly optimized gestalt game
>marksman/monk

You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>46483303
*cage, but I like this better actually.
>>
>>46482781
Symbol of Curses - Choose a Level 3 curse effect when casting this spell. All affected by the symbol are cursed with that effect.
Symbol of Jinx - Permanent Curse. All nat20s from now on are treated as 1s.
>>
>>46483323
>force cake
>>
>>46483303
>your familiar comes to, half an hour later, in a tiny bed and being spooned by the druid's animal companion

Awkward evenings all around!
>>
What are some classes that can consume corpses for power or whatever other use?
NOT necromancy, though.
I'm looking to play a character that, preferably, has some way to dispose of corpses of his enemies permanently and quickly.
>>
>>46483382
Sin eater Inquisitor?
>>
>>46483382
>get rid of corpses
>not necromancy

Buy some pigs.
>>
So, can someone tell me what's up with this Arcforge stuff?
I hear it's unrelenting garbage?
What's going on?
I'm interested in it, and it looks alright at first glance...
>>
>>46482385
Mysterious Stranger 1, Paladin 11

Simple and effective, play a grumpy old manadin with a poncho and penchant for telling local carpenters how many coffins he will be needing.
>>
>>46483382
Alchemist

Pour acid / alchemists fire on corpses.
>>
>>46483509
Shitty rules for concepts the writer doesn't understand, and a developer who does not accept critique, criticism, or feedback other than "I love it!"
>>
Does an improved familiar's int score follow the table on the familiars page?
>>
>>46483675
Why the hell is he still on their payroll? At least whatshisface (the guy who did the original Zealot and that hilariously overpowered Harbinger archetype) had the good grace to let himself get kicked out.
>>
>>46483690
Yes, by RAW this might actually lower the familiar's INT score though, so it's a common house rule for improved familiars that it is should be either its natural INT score or what the table suggests, whichever is greater.

When my magus with the Familiar arcana was high enough level that his (normal, not improved) familiar actually had an INT mod of 1, I actually asked my DM if it could take a level in wizard and be treated as one of my Magus' many followers from the Leadership spell.
>>
>>46483771
Does this mean that it gets more skill ranks as you level?
>>
>>46483690
Whichever is higher.
>>
File: chicken hug.gif (4 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
chicken hug.gif
4 MB, 384x288
What kinds of friendly encounters should I throw at my players if they're in a swamp? Granted, a /lot/ of things are hostile there, but not everything. Helps break the monotony if somebody helps out.
>>
>>46483860
Shrek.
Rednecks.
Friendly neighborhood Black Dragon.
>>
>>46483860
Local druid?
>>
>>46483801
No, because a familiar never actually *gains* any skill ranks from you leveling up. It uses the skills normal for whatever kind of creature it is (look at its statblock and reverse engineer how many skill ranks it has in every skill based on its bonuses, don't forget to account for class skills or bonuses from things like size category or movement speeds) OR its master's skill ranks, whichever is greater for a given skill. It always modifies those ranks with its own ability scores though (IE, it adds its own WIS mod to perception, not its master's WIS mod).

However, if you want a skilled familiar, look at the Sage archetype for familiars. I think they get skill ranks, if I remember.
>>
What's the most amusing/embarrassing object you could offer with Beguiling Gift?
>>
>>46483901
But don't a creature's skill ranks always depend on Int unless they're mindless?
>>
>>46483962
Familiars are weird.
>>
>>46483962
Specific trumps general, anon. And that applies to all the rules, not just this one.
>>
>>46483932
A Trap the Soul crystal focus.
>>
File: tumblr_mq2i3db3rL1qe9g4mo1_400.jpg (108 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq2i3db3rL1qe9g4mo1_400.jpg
108 KB, 400x400
>>46483932

I think Animal Crossing gives us a pretty good answer.
>>
>>46483932
>On its next turn, it consumes or dons the object, as appropriate for the item in question.
So if I gave someone a pair of panties with beguiling gift...
>>
>>46484056
>Accidentally_Triggering_Your_Friend's_Fetish.png
>>
is there any way for the myrmidon fighter archetype to scale it's grit with Int instead of Wis?
>>
>>46484116
>Accidentally
>>
>>46483881
>a standoffish, but non-hostile Ogre offering onion stew if the party will leave him alone
>a cabin-full of 8 INT, but exuberant and well-meaning locals who are fond of fried foods (which they will happily share), homemade alcohol, and weaponry (which they need in a place like this)
>a Wyrmling Black Dragon who doesn't quite know what being Evil is supposed to mean yet and tries to recruit the party as "minions" - which mostly consists of "paying" them with salted frogs and telling them to go fetch it some gold
>>
>>46484141
beg your GM to let you use int instead of wis and then have him exploit the fact you just gave up the chance for your fighter to shore up his abysmal will save
>>
>>46484180
>Triggering_Your_Friend's_Fetish_And_Pretending_It_Was_An_Accident_But_It-Wasn't_You_Like_To_Make_Them_Sexually_Flustered.png
>>
>>46484200
>>
>>46484094
Yes, they will put them on their head like a mask. An incident like this is what led to my character adopting a new identity and taking his first Vigilante level.
>>
>>46484252
But did anyone care who he was before?
>>
File: maxresdefault2.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>46484252
Did this happen?
>>
>>46483932
A chastity belt.
>>
>>46484263
No, he was just one of a million Commoners before he traded his birth level for a PC level. Someone had to punish the wicked, and thankfully the enchantress sorcerer passing through town beguiled him into doing it- even if only for one day. That's all it took, the rush it gave him caused him to start doing it on his own.

>>46484282
I mean, no one realizes that's the inspiration. But yes, that happened.
>>
>>46483932

Keep some philters of love handy.
>>
>>46483729
I don't know. Maybe ask DSP?
>>
>>46484354
Well, they browse these threads, don't they? I'm hoping one of them will notice that and say something about it.
>>
>>46483729
Which harbinger archetype?
>>
>>46484344
>use Beguiling Gift and the Philter of Love while disguised as another party member
>then later disguise yourself as the person you did this to already and do the same trick again on the person you were disguised as earlier
>remember three days later that you could've just cast Matchmaker on both of them
>>
>>46484379
Bleak Emissary or something, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>46484056
>>46484116
>>46484180
>>46484200
>>46484220
>Dogpeople actually use collars in a similar manner to wedding rings, the back of the tag on each bears the name of their partner.
>Dog girl raised by humans, sets out to find her people and discover her heritage
>Developed collar fetish while growing up
>Sexual Fluster Engage at all these collar-wearing couples.
>>
>>46484391
Ah, the panther style one?
>>
>>46484402
Yeah. The one with the insane amount of movement options.
>>
>>46483900
>NG Swamp Druid poling a canoe through the area, offering free rides to travelers to keep them moving and avoid any untoward incidents in his swamp
>>
>>46484094
Funny, but if it takes more than a round to don the spell fails, so they would try to put on their head, as >>46484252 mentions. Try to use a girdle of opposite gender. That way they're stuck wearing panties for a much longer time.
>>
>>46483860
A group of gnolls disguised as sheepfolk. They are friendly, but turn irritable and then violent if anyone discovers and points out the disguises.
>>
Come to think of it, does a race's alignment tendency have much bearing on how its members look overall if it doesn't have a [Good] or [Evil] subtype and isn't a Tiefling or Aasimar?

Are goblins bulbous and repulsive - IN PART - because they're CE, or would they look the same if they'd been LG from the beginning?
>>
>>46484619
No, that's just the trope "evil is ugly" making its way through the editions. People expect evil critters to be ugly unless they're sexy (see succubutt)
>>
>>46484368
>Implying DSP would address an actual problem instead of letting their legions of fanboys do it
>>
>>46484619
Alignment and appearance aren't related.

Drow are total hotties, after all.
>>
>>46484619
Good kobolds can actually get a feat that changes them to Metallic instead of Chromatic though.
>>
>>46484645
>succubutts
>evil
Purification by paladin penis says otherwise.
>>
File: 1455918580953.jpg (156 KB, 751x1063) Image search: [Google]
1455918580953.jpg
156 KB, 751x1063
>>46484664
>>
>>46484645
>>46484664
So it's not even part of the setting, it's just common cultural expectation?

Well, there goes that one plan...
>>
File: 1373333365505.jpg (474 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
1373333365505.jpg
474 KB, 1200x1000
>>46484673
They have to be evil to fulfill purification fetishes.
>>
File: Hoplite General (Cloning Souls).jpg (482 KB, 630x776) Image search: [Google]
Hoplite General (Cloning Souls).jpg
482 KB, 630x776
>>46484141
What Deeds or other class features do you want?

Maybe we can find a way to get you something similar with another class that uses Int as its initiating modifier.
>>
>>46484692
Fair enough.
>>
>>46484670
That doesn't make them more attractive, it just changes their color.
>>
>>46484791
>You gain a +2 circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks when interacting with good creatures.

It makes you more attractive to Good people at least.
>>
File: Crow_Tengu_0.jpg (140 KB, 535x550) Image search: [Google]
Crow_Tengu_0.jpg
140 KB, 535x550
>>46484791
I'm pretty sure metallic kobolds are a lot more attractive than plain chromatic ones.
>>46484820
That's only because you have to worry slightly less about being spitted and eaten.
>>
>>46484839
Isn't that what I said?
>>
>>46484700
I wanted to be a Lore Warden/Myrmidon focusing on INT for all kinds of Knowledges.
>>
>>46484908
Lore Warden is so bad, don't bother.
>>
>>46484368
It's a bit of a loaded question, anon. And difficult to answer in public, which is why we've been pointedly ignoring it. Your concerns on the matter are known to us, and I'm afraid that's about the extent of my ability to comment.
>>
>>46484908
I mean, depending on point buy you might be able to get away with splitting between Int and Wis and dumping CHA. I would go with a deadly agility to lower the MAD ever so slightly, but you're going to be MAD and suboptimal as fuck regardless of what you do.
>>
File: moe.png (894 KB, 1062x600) Image search: [Google]
moe.png
894 KB, 1062x600
>>46484056
>>
>>46484970
Come on man, don't be like Ssalarn...
>>
Did Inner Sea Faiths anon ever post Naderi and Besmara?
>>
>>46483382
I gotchu senpai
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/assassin-s-dust
>>
>>46484970
C'mon, you can give me a hint. Is it 'difficult to answer' like whatshisname who got kicked out (Good) or not (Bad)?
>>
>>46484908
Try the PoW Vigiliante.

It's a Stalker that uses Inspiration and Int instead of Ki and Wis.

You can take the Investigator talents to get more uses out of Inspiration.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator/investigator-talents#TABLE-Investigator-Talents
>>
File: smol.png (176 KB, 453x846) Image search: [Google]
smol.png
176 KB, 453x846
Where did you character(s) grow up, /pfg/?
>>
>>46485233
The Land of the Linnorm Kings, born and raised!
>>
>>46485233
My current character was raised at the monastery of supernatural wuxia-style monks that the entire party was trained at. She was left there by a bored spirit that decided to pull a Rumpelstiltskin and accidentally won, then had no idea what to do with the kid afterwards.
>>
>>46485233
In their adventure, duh.
>>
>>46485233
It's not the place that's important, it's how you live.
Swamp life
>>
>>46483860
Depends on the climate.

Bogs. Quicksand. (these could qualify as traps). Difficult terrain. Marsh gas (poisonous). Coal seams & "firedamp" (highly flammable gas) that both create fire hazards.

Snakes, Crocodiles, Hags, Assassin vines, Creeping molds. Dangerous fish (carnivorous / poisonous). Will o' wisps. Trolls, Lizardfolk. Black dragons. Jaguars (in rare cases). Fungal colonies. The occasional druid.
>>
>>46485182
Yes to both of those.
>>
>>46485233
Brevoy. In a tavern that two other adventurers started after they settled down with each other. He's the kid of some other party's bard and wizard. He took a bit after both parents and became a magus with a taste for the arts. Particularly dance, although he's not a Dervish Dancer. He's recently also taken up calligraphy, though.
>>
>>46485233
Kintargo.

As far as she can remember, she always hated it.

There was someone who remembered events differently, but her first mission from the inquisition was to kill that person.
>>
>>46485233
In the human world, only to find out after he killed a demon king that he himself was a demon, and inherited the throne.
He's a paladin.
He's absolutely terrifying to the local populace because of how they view paladins as demon slaughtering mortals.
He's absolutely terrified of the local populace due to their "might makes right" culture and fears he may be attacked one day.
>>
>>46485359
Did she kill her mum and her last real memories of a happy childhood? That's sad.
>>
Hey pfg, I need some ides.What would be some goals that a Summoner would trying to achieve?
>>
>>46485314
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/-bestiary-by-terrain/-bestiary-terrain-swamp-marsh

Bog mummies / Bog zombies are also a pretty awesome option.

Manticores, Catoblepas and Dinosaurs are also neat. Oozes and Hydra's are options, big insects like spiders or mosquito's, creatures like otyughs too. Mammoths and Moose were pretty common to northern swamps.

In more northern climates sudden temperature drops are possible and quite scary.
>>
>>46485233
Devil's Perch
>>
>>46485404
No, because her mom's a vampire and the memories were /already/ gone.

It was just an old friend.
>>
>>46485233
Land of the Mammoth Lords, because every barbarian needs barbarian tribe.
>>
>>46485407
1.Find his lost twin, who disappeared after the arrival of his eidolon
2. Help his eidolon move up in the ranks of (heaven/hell/wherevere) through adventuring.
3. Get rid of this damned eidolon, its annoying and keeps eating his socks.
4. Use it to win a dog show contest.
5. Be the very best like no one ever was.
>>
>>46485407
To open a portal to the far realm and have chaos consume everything.
>>
Can someone throw me a list of PC-ok construct races?
>>
>>46485332
Link please?
>>
>>46485233
One grew up in Lastwall, to a family with a long history of military service and distinction

Another grew up in the middle of pudunk nowhere mining town in Andoran.

And my next dude will be the former dude's son who ran away from home because he didn't want to waste his life being a quarry worker like his dad or something like that. Also, his childhood crush turned him down, so he decided he needed to move on.
I plan on hooking him up with Trinia Sabor
>>
File: 1446184133727.jpg (144 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446184133727.jpg
144 KB, 667x1000
>>46485407
Defeat your evil conjurer rival, whose sister you were trying to woo until she was locked away out of your reach
The rival is actually a transmuter
>>
>>46485643
>that spoiler

Why not the rival is actually your sister in disguise instead?
>>
>>46485407
I dunno, perhaps any type of possible motivation since your class doesn't always dictate your character.

Personally, I like the idea of someone going on an adventure to save his childhood friend, and his Eidolon is in the form of the imaginary friend they used to share
the truth is that his friend died years ago of illness, and the Summoner refuses to accept it and has subconsciously made up his quest as a coping mechanism. The Eidolon was pulled into existence by the boy's all consuming sorrow and solitude, and the Eidolon refuses to tell him the truth because he doesn't want to break what little hope and sanity the boy has.
>>
Sell me on an Adventure Path. I'll be running a game in about a weeks time for some of my friends who, while they have no experience with pathfinder, are familiar with 4e and 5e. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear personal experiences, the pros and cons of each, etc.
>>
>>46485233

Some shitty little neighborhood in the Deepmarket under Goka. But a life scrabbling in the dark wasn't for him, so he built a kickass robot mount out of scrap and made his way to the surface.
>>
>>46485407
One of my favorites is a synthesist who hears the whispers of a dark god (usually actually an Elder God type entity). When the eidolon is summoned, it takes over and the slumped over whimp of a summoner because the high priest and general of the unknowable might of his god. First time I ran it the GM was going to let me port 3.5's alienist and upgrade my eidolon instead of the familiar.
>>
>>46485832
I'm currently considering..
Rise of the Runelords
Curse of the Crimson Throne
Kingmaker
Carrion Crown
Skull & Shackles
Wrath of the Righteous
Mummy's Mask.

Any others worth considering?
>>
>>46485832
Rise of the Runelords if your party likes ruins and prophecies and you feel up to doing travel sessions.
Council of Thieves if you want political intrigue. Be warned though, it doesn't reach the same level of 'globetrotting demigods' that most campaigns do.
Those are the only two I have actually played and feel familiar enough to speak of.
>>
>>46485968
I've heard a lot of good things about Rise of the Runelords. Did you play or run a game of Council of Thieves? How was it?
>>
Is there a class that's a minion master, but for Constructs instead of, like, outsiders and undead and shit?
I mean, I guess anyone can buy a bunch, but I want one that gets 'em as class features.
>>
>>46486046
Do astral constructs count?
>>
>>46486083
I don't know what those are.
I assume they're some kind of ectoplasm or something
I'm looking for metal/stone/wood golem-type stuff.
>>
>>46486046
Depends, is 3pp allowed? There's an Astral Constructor Aegis, and some other thing that specializes in making lots of psicrystals I think
For 1pp, Alchemist has some options and archetypes for it
>>
>>46486106
They're summoned constructs made of ectoplasm, that you design when you call them up. It's easily refluffed as conjuring some other actual construct, though.
>>
>>46486046
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer

probably not what you're looking for.
>>
>>46486117
I guess I should've mentioned this, but yeah, 3pp is OK.

>>46486129
Is it any good or is it kind of... existing to exist?
>>
>>46486156
Quite good, actually. They're fairly variable and overall decent in combat. The best way to do it is the Shaper Psion (full manifester, astral construct focus) or Shattered Mind Occultist (Metacreativity implement). There's also the Astral Constructor Aegis, which is okay, and the Avant Guard Kineticist, which is unique among these in that it summons its astral construct in mid-punch to hit people with (as well as having a way to bypass the burn costs that make kineticists awful).
>>
>>46486002
Played it, my wife ran it.
I had a lot of fun with it. My character was a young noble from an insignificant house who wanted to bring the crippled city back to its former glory.
The game had tons of intrigue and rumor mongering with assassins coming after us late game.
We got really invested as the gm made the city and the npcs feel alive. I think if the players don't have an attachment the finale would just fall flat on its face.
>>
>>46486156
They're kind of like psionic 'summon monster / undead' but you have more control over what you get. They're pretty decent and they have construct traits.
>>
>>46485233
D'aw! I want a teddy owlbear!
>>
>>46485262
In the longhouse I spent most of my days.
>>
>>46485233

Wow.

Elsbeth used to be cute, what happened? How'd he get so fat?
>>
>>46486386
>he
Anon...
>>
>>46486386
Someone slapped a Girdle of Gender Changing on him right before puberty, and instead of turning into a hunky bara man, he became a she and she became a tiddy monster. And the world was a bleaker place for its loss...
>>
>>46486420

It was a typo, Baka!
>>
>>46486420
That manly forehead doesn't lie.

>>46486448
More like Freudian slip.
>>
>>46486437

This actually presents an interesting situation.

If you put a belt of gender change on a little kid and forced them to live as the "wrong" gender for most of their developing years, what would happen?
>>
>>46486448
world

>>46486465
>>46486437
>acting like my fetishes are canon is cute
ok
>>
>>46485948

Curse of the Crimson Throne is a really good choice, with plenty of suitably heroic adventures to be had. Jade Regent works if you get rid of the shitty caravan rules. I had fun with Reign of Winter, but the plot takes some eye-rolling turns here and there, so your table might not like it. Skull and Shackles is great if your group's big on pirates, pretty meh if they're not. I hear Iron Gods is good, if you don't mind getting sci-fi in your fantasy. Kingmaker is clunky to run-if the thought of keeping a shitton of spreadsheets gives you hives, avoid it. If you want to give mythic tiers a try, you can try Wrath of the Righteous, but the writing gets cringe-y, and mythic rules make everything crazier under the best of circumstances.

Beyond that, not a fucking clue. They're your players, odds are, you know the sort of thing they'd like.
>>
>>46486465
It's okay, if whatever stat governs breast size in ladies also governs dick length in men, we all know that some people probably can't keep themselves from thinking about what could have been.

>>46486471
I unno, transgenderism or something. They either turn EBIL or become a worshipper of Arshea, probably. Or get the belt removed, if they're from a rich family. I'm sure the Paizo forums would have a fun time discussing this topic.

>>46486476
>implying gender TF is actually one of my fetishes

Nah, this is just joking around. It's like playing gay chicken.
>>
>>46486471

Ever see the movie "Sleepaway Camp"?
>>
>>46486541
Haha yeah this is just joking around
>>
>>46486541
Oh, good. It's getting hard to tell these days. Also, what would girth correlate to, perkiness?
>>
>>46486541

Imagine Paizo trying to argue in defense of heterosexuality.

It'd be like pulling teeth and washing the cat.
>>
>>46486593
Breast size, duh.
>>
File: smolmagic.png (180 KB, 635x640) Image search: [Google]
smolmagic.png
180 KB, 635x640
Man you guys are silly. Remember to practice safe magic.

>Lemons aren't Oranges, Captcha
>>
>>46486617
So it'd depend on both length and girth? Well, lucky I got that Y chromosome, then, I hear custom bras are a pain to order.

>>46486614
They don't even think straights are good for kids, since Price hates those breeders and thinks medieval society can support itself and grow with only one or two kids per family.
>>
>>46486593
>>46486541

Breast size is determined by Constitution, perkiness is determined by strength (good pecs mean good support for the girls.) Charisma would be something like presentability, like how well the boobs look in a dress.

Dicks are difficult to determine and should be based on player preference, since the correlation between attributes and penis size or girth is almost nonexistent. If you want, Constitution would be used for virility.
>>
>>46486665
Did she lose her hand?
>>
>>46486665
My spellscar oracle is going to ignore your advice
>>
>>46486665

Ah, I see Elsbeth took the human approach to learning magic, i.e. "half the freshman class exploded, but the rest can now cast fireball!".
>>
>>46486685
>Dicks are difficult to determine and should be based on player preference, since the correlation between attributes and penis size or girth is almost nonexistent
You Asian or Indian, micropenis?
>>
>>46486685
No. Breast size, much like dick size, has little to no correlation with attributes.
>>
>>46486725
>>46486685
>ITT: men with small dicks
>>
>>46486723

Race is not an attribute, this is less "strength determines length" and more "Ulfen get a +d8, Tien get a +d4, every human starts with a d6."
>>
>>46486723
>>46486754
Jeez, somebody's quick to bring up dick size.
>>
>>46486754
>ITT: Women with small tits and large clits.
>>
>>46486779
>conversation was already about dick size
ok

>>46486773
>Tien get a +anything
lol
>>
>>46486795
Actually, it was mostly about tits. You sure seem to like focusing on the dicks though. There something you wanna share with us, anon?
>>
File: BHY5thCcW8-4.png (8 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
BHY5thCcW8-4.png
8 KB, 300x250
>>46486665
Anything can be oranges when you're a Agrimancer!

>>46486725
When I run games I leave those features entirely to player discretion, especially for lewder games. Not to say my players won't generally follow certain trends, but I prefer giving them the option to say how big or small certain parts of anatomy are, rather than having it be dictated by how they spend their point buy.
>>
>>46486810
>projecting
Mmmhmmm
>>
>>46486725

The rest of it stands, strength and charisma have their uses.

>>46486754

See >>46486773, different ethnic groups will have variable modifiers to their dicks and breasts, but everyone's rolling like they're rolling for height.
>>
>>46486754
Int and Wis have no correlation, Dex and Str would be more for penile maneuvering, which leaves Con and Cha. Con is stamina and less directly tied to physical size, so Cha is the only one left
>>
>>tfw you will never establish your base of operations in the frontier, declare yourself an independent state, repulse the attacks of jealous lords from your home country, and lead your peaceful nation to greatness through freedom and trade whilst using your economic knowledge to gain an advantage over the nations formed by the other players

I just want to play a wizard in command of a militia and incinerate invading armies that don't recognize soveriegnty desu

It's like cop block with fireballs
>>
>>46485233
On the streets!
>>
>>46486832
Hey, no pointing fingers here, the post chain doesn't lie. You're pretty quick to jump to the projection defense, anon. Seems a little... suspicious to me.
>>
>>46486844

Charisma would be how "good looking" the dick is.

Because ugly dicks do exist, and they're not pleasant to be around.
>>
>>46486847
Well, you could try Kingmaker, but... Erm, it might not be exactly what you're hoping for. Unless you have a real kickass GM!
>>
>>46486879
>charisma=looks
I want this meme to fucking end.
>>
>>46486867
Sorry, I took that first, I win the shitslinging contest. It's the rules, sucks to be you.

>>46486844
>mental stats having ANY effect on physical appearance
No

>>46486879
>charisma = appearance
Better tell all those hags and liches
>>
>>46486879
But is the ugly dick a private dick, or a government dick?
>>
>>46485201
I've said all I can say on the subject. This is one of those Gareth Has To Be Absolutely Professional Now moments, anon.
>>
>>46486847
There is like an entire fucking genre of vidya for that.
>>
>>46486795

Should Tien just get a d3? I'm running on the law of averages here, there should be Ulfen with small dicks and Tian with big dicks, but those are "lucky genetics" which is a fancy way of saying "lucky rolls."

Same with boobs, which should be determined the same way.
>>
>>46486908
All right anon, you wanna be known as the guy who gave up and revealed his true colors by leaping to the projection defense, don't let me stop you. Congrats, you 'won'.
>>
>>46486932
>implying there is a solid correlation between race and dick size
Pornography isn't a good indicator of reality m8.
>>
>>46486932
If we want to go for max realism we would have bell curves for each race and rules for rerolling when you roll above a certain value on a d100. The number of rolls you make would be equal to standard deviations from the mean, and you could pick a size from within that range.

For an actual game, just having sizes vary between subraces and races with an alternate trait or something to just let you pick what size it is and give another negligible crunch benefit would be best.

>>46486959
i n s e c u re

This has been scientifically proven by studies and surveys, anon. Asians, especially Indians, have significantly smaller penises on average.
>>
>>46486929
True, but none of it has the customization and fluff potential I'm looking for. The closest thing would be civ 5/diplomacy 3/mount and blade warband.
>>
As fascinating as this discussion is, has anyone here played a medium? Are they any good?
>>
>>46487015
No, but they're alright only if your DM doesn't try to screw you on spirits and locations. If yours enforces that bullshit you're probably fucked, since a lot of options just disappeared.
>>
>>46487015
Medium is bad, like really bad. The playtest medium was better.
>>
>>46486924
GHTBAPN time, huh? Okay, that's fair enough. In that case, can you tell me how I can best KNOCK OUT PUNCH IN THREE STEPS with PoW?

>>46487005
Source on those studies?
>>
>>46486894
What's up with Kingmaker? It seems alright from what I've seen.
>>
>>46487042
They outright errata'd that away.
>>
>>46487059
Kingmaker suffers from Sudden-BBEG-With-No-Foreshadowing Syndrome however.
>>
>>46487048
Apparently I misremembered and they're tied with or slightly larger than Thailand. Both have 4" on average.

http://www.mensxp.com/special-features/today/26422-80-countries-their-average-penis-sizes-indians-have-the-second-smallest-penis-in-the-world.html

For starters. And there's also this.

http://www.penissizes.org/average-penis-size-ethnicity-race-and-country
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d8 + 1)

>>46487005

Speaking of rolls... Time to figure that out.

What would breasts be, anywho? D8 and d6 have obvious correlations with dicks, but a d6 could mean anything from an A to E cup.

Would women just have a single roll, determined by race/subrace and given static increases depending on traits?
>>
>>46487048
> can you tell me how I can best KNOCK OUT PUNCH IN THREE STEPS with PoW?

Gonna be honest, I have no idea what you're referencing here.
>>
>>46487015
Medium is pretty bad. The archetypes are better and more interesting. Some of them even make the class usable.
>>
>>46487048
Steelfist Commando or Monk of the Silver Fist are both good for punching.
>>
>>46487085
that first you linked is absolute shit and in no way a scientific valid study
>>
>>46487085
>http://www.penissizes.org/average-penis-size-ethnicity-race-and-country
The very site you posted suggests that dick size is probably at least partially environmental given that Asian Americans immediately align back within the "average" range.

Why the fuck am I even talking about dicks on /pfg/?
>>
>>46487148
Ok Pajeet
>>
>>46487094
I'm sure if you want to find a chart of bodily sizes you can check out FATAL.
>>
>>46487162
Because you've lost control of your life.
>>
>>46487129

Oh? Any of them stand out in particular?
>>
>>46487162
We're very much in the closet and you secretly want to be in a ERP game?
>>
Okay /pfg/

I want to make a Half-orc Feyspeaker Druid for a casual game. My friend is DMing for the first time, and I don't want to accidentally ruin everything just by existing. Should I lean towards buffing/battlefield control while riding around on an animal companion?
>>
>>46487189
>you secretly want to be in a ERP game?
See when ever I get the idea in my head to run or join an ERP game in earnest, I jack off and then it seems like a terrible idea.

I have tried to join ERP games to make fun of people behind their backs though, but I usually feel like an ass half way through and chicken out.
>>
File: Reading.png (144 KB, 968x744) Image search: [Google]
Reading.png
144 KB, 968x744
>>46486714
>>46486697
Kind of, yeah. Everything from the elbow downward was blown to bits in a mishap; her mother was able to 'stitch' her back together, but it took a few surgeries before she fully recovered Though her arm is permanently scarred as a result. Anything that could've been used as material components for spells were hidden away in the mean time, but Elsbeth just learned to cast without them.
>>
Hey Pathminder guy, can you add the april fools stuff to the site? The Daring Hero, Madman, and Cube specifically.
>>
>>46487059
I'm enjoying it, we're starting book five. When Paizo makes subsystems, they usually do a shit job, and in this case they jammed TWO subsystems in the book: mass combat and kingdom building. Downtime mechanics are optional but also sensible for a game like Kingmaker. Mass combat is awful, absolutely awful. Kingdom building is a bit better, but whether your group likes it or not will really depend on how your GM handles it and (more importantly) your group's disposition. Liking micromanagement and having a DM that will let you do it helps. I enjoy it, so does the rest of my group. Most groups don't, from what I can tell on pfg/ (which might be biased, I dunno).

Next is the plot. I've talked to my DM about this, but the problem is that there's not really any overarching plot. It's basically like each of the six books of the AP are their own mini-arch, almost entirely unrelated to the others. My DM has hinted that this isn't actually the case, but there's no real way for the players to know that because the connections are all behind-the-scenes stuff we'll probably never learn. See >>46487078. Also, there have been a few side quests here and there that just... don't make sense. Can't really explain why without going into all the context, but it's a problem here and there. A lot of people also feel the AP just has a lot of potential it didn't live up to, because you're corralled into building a dinky little kingdom that might not even last instead of making a real nation like Brevoy.

>>46487099
That's okay, just tell me the best way to KO someone with a single, powerful blow (preferably with my fist). Something that works well with the poorly-named Pummeling Style or a better version of Vital Strike.
>>
>>46487187
Kami Medium has useful class features plus spells that are weird and useful since they can't be dispelled.

Legend Channeler isn't great, but probably has some uses. I dunno.

Reanimated Medium has some hilarious flavor going for it, and you might be able to set up something silly like reanimating your own corpse as an undead and inhabiting it.

Relic Channeler is basically "that rule about only channeling in specific locations can go fuck itself" as an archetype. Plus it's slightly stronger than the normal Medium.

Spirit Dancer lets you swap between spirits on the fly, and you can be a Russian while you do it.

Storyteller is a Bard basically, but the 20th level "Sweep people into a magical world of your creation" ability is neat.
>>
>>46487283
I think there is some really dumb Scout Rogue Half-Orc Enforcer cheese build that can be adapted for knock-out punches.
>>
>>46487283

Kingmaker would've been far more interesting if the focus was on rising the noble ladder in Brevoy and becoming king in Book 3, with the rest of it being you consolidating your position, warring against rival kingdoms, and colonizing the Greenbelt.

The plot is ALREADY THERE in Brevoy, why didn't they exploit that?
>>
>>46487162
>Why the fuck am I even talking about dicks on /pfg/?

It's /pfg/, that might as well stand for for "Pretty Fucking General" as far as the nature of our topics go. And that's on /tg/, a board you know will talk about anything! Look, just upthread you can see a small discussion about p-zombies.
>>
File: 1459302752810.gif (379 KB, 264x257) Image search: [Google]
1459302752810.gif
379 KB, 264x257
>>46487356
I did go out and grab more alcohol too.
>>
>>46487231
Good, you've learned a very important piece of life advice for men: never make an important decision without jacking off first. Also, you know a second piece of important life advice, one that applies to everyone: try not to be an ass.
>>
>>46487094

>9 inches

Dude, nice.
>>
>mfw one of the Empath's Zeitgeists is 4chan
>>
>>46487403

Joining a campaign is not an important decision, at worst it's 3 hours of a wasted Saturday.
>>
>>46487444
>fuck that, mfw one of them gives a sonic screwdriver, a hitchhiker's towel, and a portal gun.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.