[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go to a prerelease of MTG >Start playing against a fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: buttcrack_almiral.png (213 KB, 610x435) Image search: [Google]
buttcrack_almiral.png
213 KB, 610x435
>Go to a prerelease of MTG
>Start playing against a fat guy
>He extends a MLP table mat
>His sleeves are MLP themed
>He takes a huge pony figure from his bag and puts it on the table besides the mat

Why do people do this?
>>
>>46477632
mind games. He's already out-psyched you, your game will not be on point thanks to his distractions.

Or, you know, he's a socially awkward brony with no concept of appropriateness.
>>
>>46477632
It's mind games. Back in yore my friend did that same thing with anime stuff.

That or pure autism.
>>
>>46477632
Because it tilts you
>>
>>46477632
Have you tried asking them?
>>
>>46477653
OP here, maybe he was trying to compensate the fact that he was playing with a shitty built deck.
He probably was autistic, cause I wrecked him and I'm not even a very good player.
>>
>>46477632
Would you be as bothered if you were going to shoot some hoops and some other dude had an MLP basketball?
>>
File: ANIKI.jpg (23 KB, 473x357) Image search: [Google]
ANIKI.jpg
23 KB, 473x357
>>46477686
I'm okay with people using sleeves of whatever the fuck they want; I mean okay, MLP is weird and autistic but they are something for your cards and you can do whatever you want with them.
But the figure was the breaking point; that shit served no purpose on the table, and it was huge, like it occupied almost all space inside his backpack.
>>
>>46477632
Shitpost on /tg/? Beats me. Intuition tells me they do it because they hate their lives and are desperate for some kind of distraction and validation, and then here we are.
>>
>>46477632

Why do people do this?
>>
>>46477890
It's fun; there is a certain component of luck and adaptation, and no meme decks.
>>
>>46477632
Either t o mess with you, because hes awkward and doesnt know better, or hes trying to advertise his interests because friends are good.

Either way pay no mind and move on.
>>
>>46477890

Because I paid $50 for a box and my first card was a $70 mythic?

Also because playing games is fun and I like to do things I find fun?

On-topic, we have that a lot at my flgs and it kinda weirds me out. But I have a LOL splash art playmat so maybe the bronies are looking at me like I'm the freak.
>>
>>46477890
No idea. Maybe it's so they can experience the only non-hyper-competitive SOI decks before the first month ends and every FLGS is filled with T1 net decks, again.
>>
>>46478075

I've basically made a resolution to only play limited now.

Also commander, but that's because my ideal deck plays out like an OK Go music video.
>>
>>46477890
>going outside

Why do people do this?
>>
>>46477686
depends on if he starts making trouble in the neigh-bourhood

you get in one little fight, your mom gets scared and says you're moving with your aunt and uncle in bel air
>>
>>46477632
So forgetting the part where the figure came out, where did you first start feeling uncomfortable about the situation?
>Fat guy
>Using a playmat
>Using art sleeves
>All items are pony themed

Would you have been as weirded out by an anime playmat and/or sleeves? Would they have to explicitly be little girl sleeves, or is there a form of playmat/sleeve that you would consider "tasteful" despite being anime?
>>
>>46477765
It was good luck, most likely. Also, it's kinda of obvious you yourself are a self-hating brony.
>>
>>46478208
>implying implications
>>
>>46478130
'coz of circadian rhythm.
>>
File: nanisore.png (23 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
nanisore.png
23 KB, 128x128
>>46478201
The art sleeves irked me. I mean, you can get whatever the fuck you want but autistic shit like moe anime and lolis and MLP is obviously a red flag.
I won't get irked by someone who uses a videogame themed sleeve or some minimally a e s t h e t h i c a l sleeve.
Also a lot of guys there were fat guys and I have no problem with that, it was just to point the brony overweight tendency.
>>
>>46478279
Not a real thing.
>>
>>46478021
Show me one prerelease card that has reached seventy dollars.
>>
>>46478201

I feel uncomfortable seeing people in fetishwear on card sleeves and playmats.

If you want to jerk off to your 2D waifu please don't do it in front of the cards that I, under tournament rules, need to touch.
>>
>>46478336
Star City listed a foil Arlinn Kord at about 70 when I checked.

I doubt it'll stay that way (it's probably already dropped) but highest was $78 when I looked. May have been in AUD.
>>
>>46477632

Reminder that buttcrackguy did nothing wrong.
>>
>>46477632

Sleeves and mats about shit they like are fine.

carrying around a figurine is weird and autistic af though. did they talk to it?
>>
>>46478429
Fortunately he didn't.
>>
>>46478429
>did they talk to it?
Oh god I hope they did. PLEASE tell me they did.
>>
>>46478315
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_rhythm#Biological_clock_in_mammals
Educate thineself.
>>
>>46478414
He got caught.
>>
>>46478529
Would just like to add that I didn't mean this in a derogatory way, which is how "educate yourself" is often used on 4chan. It's not a widely known fact and I'm not looking down on anyone who isn't aware of it.
>>
>>46478649
>[the circadian rhythm] is not a widely known fact
???
people don't know about it?
>>
>>46477632
The best win condition is magic is to have your opponent scoop in disgust.
>>
>>46477765
The figure had a small camera in it. He was recording your match so he could later analyze his performance. That is why he will always be a master duelist and you will always be a plebian
>>
This is why I only ever attend 2HG prereleases. People are less likely to act like that when there are three other people watching, and you have some guarantee that players are non-sperg enough to find a team, at least. Also a lot more girls, which is nice
>>
>Start playing against a fat guy
>He extends a Sans table mat
>His sleeves are trumpet skull themed
>He takes a huge skeleton figure from his bag and puts it on the table besides the mat
>he's playing UB Skeleton tribal

why do people do this

>captcha is milkshakes
>it knows
>>
>>46478730
I think it's one of those things that has been part of pop consciousness for a long time, longer than we've had much evidence of it, but few have actually read about the scientific facts as we know them today.
>>
>>46478097
>ok go music video
Explain?
>>
>>46479045

>Aw yee, gonna head on down to neckbeardsburg and get me some of the only tap action I'll ever get
>Smug fag sits across from me, acting like he's hot shit
>Pulls out cards with the skelly sleeves
>what...what is he doing?
>Pulls out skelly mat
>L-lets just play huh? Cut my deck? Plz stop?
>Giant skelly figure makes it's way to the desk
>Heart rate elevates, near panic, Castlevania 64 PTSD sets in
>Put's on his misfits skelly gloves
>110% spooked. Skeleton already inside me. I shit my pants and run home. Prolly won't even get my legs under the sheets in time.

To live is to die every (FNM) day
>>
>>46478097
>I will only play the most shitty format
Pleb
>>
>>46477632
You must embrace the neck beard anon. Disgusting neck beards keep women and LGBTs out of the hobby. It fucking sucks I have to keep changing hobbies because women ruin the old ones
>>
>>46480603
Such as?
>>
>>46477632
1: It rustles your jimmies
2: It clonks your bonkers
3: It frizzes your tail
4: It grinds your gears
5: It razzles your dazzles
>>
>>46480648
Comic books, video games, star wars, pokemans, my Asian cartoons that I liked to jerk off to. Ect
>>
>>46478471
I need to do this next release. Grow my neck beard, find the most weeb sleeves and mat, with matching shirt. Take an inhaler. I've played not great players at prereleases before, but I can't imagine them further distracted.
>>
>>46480651
>5: It razzles your dazzles
That would be a good thing, wouldn't it?
>>
>>46480679
How did they ruin them?
>>
>>46481468
Black wally west, gamer gate, the new star wars, by making things that come from the Japs censored. By making things like comicon gay as shit

I play fumbbl and like how it is way too niche for bitches. Might be the last hobby left because girls are even ruining my racism and antisemitism on /pol/. Also there was a Mexican woman announcing my baseball game the other night instead of a pitcher who hates Islam so another thing ruined
>>
>>46481675
I can't tell if this is excellent satire or just funny. 9/10
>>
>>46481742
Seriously go to /pol/ and ask them why they are racist and we will tell you what a fun hobby it is.
>>
>>46477632
MLP card slips we're going for a buck fifty for a pack of 100 at my local so there were more than a few mlp sleeves going around that day.
>>
I remember one time at the Wednesday night legacy thing my store did this guy had a shirt of an anime loli actually just disemboweled.

Guts hanging out in a very gruesome way. Sure as hell (at the time) worked as a distraction
>>
>>46480880
No, you want your dazzles to be unrazzled when playing card games.
>>
>>46477890
The atmosphere.

It's like going somewhere on Black Friday.
>>
>>46477632
Hes showing his powerlevel to try and freak you out. You need to show him your powerlevel is higher. Out-psych the psycher.

Hopefully if enough people start doing this all of the terrible mainstream casual filth will stop playing and we can have our game back again.
>>
>>46479045
The only thing that's not smart about this is that the guy couldn't have known that he'd get a good pool of skellies beforehand, so committing to the skeleton theme before he even showed up was poor strategy. Other than that, sounds like a fun guy.

It's fuckin' prerelease, you're there to get the new cards and play some games. Quit being so uptight.
>>
>>46478021

>prereleases cost $50 dollars where he is
Holy shit, that is almost twice what I pay for prereleases.
>>
>>46478021
Where on earth are you paying $50 for a prerelease?

I live in Australia and it's still only $45.
>>
>>46482122
Reading is hard
>>
>>46478377
so basically just wind
>>
File: caterwauling-boggart.jpg (75 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
caterwauling-boggart.jpg
75 KB, 480x680
>>46479401
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MejbOFk7H6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAAsCNK7RA
>>
>>46481675
You do know women make up 38% of the magic playerbase, right?
>>
>>46482644

So I keep hearing, but at every magic related event I have ever been to, there has never been more than one or two females.
>>
>>46482644
In mass or headcount?
>>
>>46482815
You do know 90% of the mtg playerbase is casual kitchen table players who don't attend any events at all, right?

>>46482855
Headcount.
>Some people are questioning the statistic I’ve used about how many Magic players are female. I believe this is pulling focus from the actual issue – we all want to make more players, including women, feel more comfortable and welcome at Magic events no matter what – but I sense it won’t go away until addressed.
>It’s important for our business to understand who our audience is, so from time to time, we do what is called a “deep dive”where we seek out an outside expert to gather global data about who exactly our audience is. As part of the most recent “deep dive” survey, the question was asked “Do you play Magic?” defined as playing with physical paper cards, in any place or format, or digitally through Magic Online or Magic Duels. Of all the people who answered “yes” to that question, 38% were female.
>>
>>46482610
So linearly or with crazy interactions?
>>
>>46482891

Those aren't real players, so they don't count.
>>
File: laughing lizard.jpg (134 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
laughing lizard.jpg
134 KB, 500x333
>>46482891
>MtG players
>comfortable in a social setting
>>
>>46482938
No Anon, you aren't a real player. To Jewzards, at least. Kitchen table players buy packs and supplemental products like duel decks, they draft with their playgroup, they're interested in the storyline, they don't buy singles and they don't care about the secondary market. It is known Jewzards designs sets for Limited first because that's the way they can reach to as many people as possible (gotta sell those packs right). I don't know what formats you're into, but chances are you don't matter as much as the casual crowd.
>>
>>46483035

But then why are commons becoming so utterly boring and uninspired? And why is the art becoming shit?

I used to be more casual in mtg and all I cared about was good art, good flavor text, or maybe an interesting mechanic or two

Draft these days is totally awful compared to when I started magic, when saddleback Lagac is a draft all star, you know something is wrong
>>
>>46483167

The art on Lagac is okay, the flavor text is mediocre

The mechanic "support" is like distilled boredom
>>
>>46483167
You are not the majority demographic, not anymore. You used to, when you were a casual so the art, flavour and mechanics were catered to you. Now they aren't
>>
>>46477632
Cause magic is for retards who get addicted to retarded things
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (81 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
81 KB, 570x558
>>46481824
>>
>>46477632

I stopped playing Magic a long time ago. Often times, I have thought about getting back into it, especially now that I have a job again. But shit like this is gonna keep me from ever picking the game back up.
>>
>>46477632
variety is the spice of life
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.