[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, what do you think of Eternal Crusade? I didn'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11
File: RvFwqJC.jpg (499 KB, 1683x1077) Image search: [Google]
RvFwqJC.jpg
499 KB, 1683x1077
Hey /tg/, what do you think of Eternal Crusade? I didn't like it in earlier versions, but lately it's really shaping up to be pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOZoIdUl4A8
>>
File: eternal crusade 16.jpg (50 KB, 540x342) Image search: [Google]
eternal crusade 16.jpg
50 KB, 540x342
>>46449022
>Open world gone, regressed into a lobby shooter with only a handful of maps
>F2P Orks gone
>Orks and Eldar aren't even playable yet
>Horribad trailers that reek of soulless cash-in with no understanding of basic lore, that also confirm lascannon sniping is gonna be in the game.
>Like at max four months until release, unless they "delay" for a year.
>Again.

I called that this was gonna be a legendary failure the moment the Founder Packs (TM) were announced, and I've been laughing at the people who were suckered in ever since.
>>
>>46451759
Don't forget that Eldar are taller than space marines.
>>
File: eternal crusade 14.jpg (522 KB, 1056x1070) Image search: [Google]
eternal crusade 14.jpg
522 KB, 1056x1070
>>46452454
Holy shit I'm only learning about this now, this whole thing just gets worse and worse the more I hear about it.

What I imagined when I heard of the Founder's Packs was an MMO. An unbalanced, P2W MMO that lagged constantly, was buggy as all fuck, and had barely any promises kept, but still an MMO.

The way the game has turned out in reality has actually managed to become worse than my worst fears.

The lobby shooter transformation and the constant lore rape from people who kept saying shit like "rev up your chainswords" and "grab your bolters" in early blog posts, like a grandparent trying too hard to be cool, is legit like the final post of an intentionally over the top, humorous reply chain listing more and more features that would be cut towards launch, with the joke being that there's no way they could actually fuck up that bad.

What the actual fuck is this game?
>>
>>46449022
Isn't it just Space Marine multiplayer?
>>
>>46452781
Not to mention there's the weirdness of much like Space Marine, everybody runs around with everything BUT a bolter. Basically everybody is fucking sternguard.
>>
>>46449022
do i see that right that a team consists of random chapters mashed together, depending on the chapter every individual player chooses?

That sucks.
>>
>>46453130
Trust your Battle Brothers, anon.
>>
>>46449022
Haha, it's like GW made this game
That's how overpriced and shit it will be

Stop fucking shilling this pathetic piece of shit.
>>
>>46449022
>I did read how the whole mess started and that there are new developers in this
>I don't bitch around because the old developers set completely unrealistic goals and the new ones take their time to work things out
>equip a jump pack, chainsword and bolter
>STRIKE FROM THE SKY BRUVA!
>smack some Chaosfags
>7/10, would play again
>>
File: eternal crusade 15.jpg (144 KB, 580x216) Image search: [Google]
eternal crusade 15.jpg
144 KB, 580x216
>>46453754
>I don't bitch around because the old developers set completely unrealistic goals and the new ones take their time to work things out

Which is why the Steam page still says it'll include those impossible goals "sometime after launch", and these supposedly more down-to-earth, new staff members moderate their forums like a millennial's tumblr blog, while threatening to "filter" negative reviews.

Face it, this whole "we'll slowly improve it bit by bit, if you give us enough money" shtick is the exact same as the "we'll maybe put in all this cool stuff you're asking for, if you buy enough Founder's Packs" shit Miguel himself was pushing from the very beginning. Your entire post reeks of buyer denial.

Also you can do the exact same thing in Space Marine, a game that's ten dollars cheaper and actually finished.
>>
>>46452994
Nah contrary to Space Marine it's made by randoms without any developing experience.
>>
Is Dawn of War 1, specifically Dark Crusade, the best 40k video game to this day ?
It seems all others are shit
Maybe Fire Warrior too
>>
File: supporting shitty devs.png (397 KB, 1009x684) Image search: [Google]
supporting shitty devs.png
397 KB, 1009x684
>>46449022
>>
>>46454235
dow 2 and space marine were pretty good desu
>>
>>46454235
I really really like dow 2 campain and last stand mode
and battle fleet is sooo cool
hope that deathwing is good too
>>
>>46454598
The inquisition game looks pretty fukken great... but I refuse to get my hopes up with a GW title. Only DoW and Vermintide have failed to dissapoint me in some way.
-DoW2- "what happened to my base building?"
-Spess Muhreen- 3 hours later, "welp, that is everything completed... uninstall"
-Mordheim- "I won't be fooled again, geedubs!"
-Total Warhammer- "paywalling off an entire race, when it isn't even released yet?"

As for Battlefleet, Deathwing, MoW: Corsair, Inquisitor and Eisenhorn? All a HUGE wait-and-see
>>
>>46455120
Dow 2 was different but still legitimately good

Space marine has fun PvP
>>
>>46455120
Dow 2 have my favorite campain ever
Inquisitor looked kinda bad but i still hope for the best
also i will TOTAL torrent WARHAMMER game and all those their dlc fuck sega
>>
>>46454488
jesus christ why

I never use the world entitled, but that's the only thing I think I can use describe this fuck
>>
>>46455178
DoW2 was great. Played the campaign through with all factions.
It was when I booted up skirmish mode with friends and discovered base building barely existed... then I was deeply disappointed.
>>
File: 1373380121581.jpg (112 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1373380121581.jpg
112 KB, 450x600
>>46455267
That's why I'm so pissed that there is no skirmish on pirated versions of DoW II. Campaign gameplay is ok, but the multiplayer doesn't seem that fun from what I've seen, so no way I'm spending money on it before testing it against AI.
>>
>>46455414
Don't bother.
DoW2 multiplayer is basically pitched battles.
You get 1-3 buildings, low pop limits, and resource management is non-existent. Basically you just keep replacing dead men with men specialized to beat their men.

It is effectively rock-paper-scissors.

And Last stand is pretty much a MOBA. Which I hate, so big pass on that one. Stick with the campaign.
>>
I love it, but for sentimental reasons. It is like a laggy, unfinished version of space marine. If you're a puss like everyone on this thread, then you probably won't like it. But I played space marine's multi-player as the game died, so it reminds me of fun time. I doubt the game will ever live up to what it said it would be, but for now, the wild west that is alpha play is badass.
>>
I refunded it.

Shit performance, but overall it could be a decent game once it's finished.
>>
>>46449022
its like they just rip off the MP of the Space Marines videogame

and from what i heard you can't even change the aesthetics of your character?
no other chapters/legions than what hey gave you, no other colors etc

which sounds like Space Marines MP but shittier
>>
>>46454235
>>46454598

DoW 2 MP is still the best RTS i've ever played

the learning curve is really steep but man is it fun when you know how to play it

no spam fest crap like other RTS and no base building is just an awesome innovation
>>
>>46455120
>>46455267
>>46455414

No base building is the best thing to ever happen
you are actually fighting and not doing fucking sim city

>>46455494

you obviously did not even play the MP

you had a main base and two turrets to protect your base, that's it no other buildings

and if are constantly replacing dead men then you are doing it wrong

losing a unit sets you back a ton that's why you need to learn how and when to retreat rather than lose the unit

resource management is bloody essential that's why you fight in the first place to control resource generators
>>
>>46455120
>Not playing MP on space marine
>Not destroying wave after wave of xenos in co-op.
You played the shit part of the game anon

And battlefleet is aml but it's already and it's everything that was promised and more. The devs actually decided to include another race in bonus for buying the game now or until 2 months after the release.
Go to the /bfg/ thread once in a while, you'll see that we're loving every minute of it.
>>
>>46457648
Battlefleet is all but out already*
>>
>>46457558
>No base building is the best thing to ever happen
idk man but dow1 sure have barracks spamming problem
>>
>>46457765
UA mod kinda fixed that by giving you very small count squads when you spawn them, making it almost mandatory to spend some time reinforcing before sending them into battle, otherwise the 2 tactical or assault marines just get slaugthered.
>>
http://youtu.be/W0n3i9C2pE8

Graphically it looks nice but goddamn these people have no idea how to showcase a race in a succinct or good manner.

I'm still salty over the fact it's become a lobby shooter. I think I might buy it if it eventually leads up to the original 40k Planet side 2 hype.
>>
>>46457558
Yeah, I played a ton of MP. But no base building is a total turnoff for me. So I stopped.
It's an "INNOVATION" like having no resources was an innovation for the C&C series. I wanted to play a strategy game, not a MOBA.

Resource "generators" is also an ass-backwards system. DoW1 had em, and it was the only real downside to it. Best system is one with harvesters and refineries, like in the old Red Alert and C&C games. Or with multiple resources like Starcraft/warcraft/AoE.

>>46457648
Could be. Never really tried. Borrowed it for console when it first came out, and it asked me to pay an additional fee for multiplayer access, I said "Fuck that" and never went back. Maybe MP is great, maybe it is bullshit, but I didn't even know it had coop. That's a point in its favour.
Battlefleet looks so great, but I have been burned before by release hype. Just biding my time on this one.
Bought the season's passes for Farcry4 and Dying Light. Now that's a fucking joke. Never again.
>>
>>46452781
Another game with Founder's Pack is Warframe...
>>
File: 1415461768883.png (593 KB, 821x695) Image search: [Google]
1415461768883.png
593 KB, 821x695
>>46449022

After dumping 20-some hours into this and being a 40k fan, I like it. It has flaws, it's missing huge chunks of content, the optinization varies wildly, and the balance is out of whack. I knew that going in, and this is the most "alpha" of all the other bullshit Early Access games. Half the races aren't impelemented, weapons still missing, very few maps before the transition to a world map, and design aspects still on the drawing board.

But at the end of the day, you can still be a Son of Ultramar and gun traitors down with your sacred Bolter. The team releases content patches on a weekly or biweekly basis, they constantly go back and improve features, they have a transparent design roadmap, and they seem to like what they're making.

It's not what it was originally, and it is changing and having a lot of growing pains. If you like 40k and are a fan of one of the 4 playable races, it is worth considering picking up. If you want a AAA experience and don't like the lore, pass on it.
>>
>>46458575
Base building is a fucking cancer and needs to go, along with resources. Nobody decides to build a base less than a fucking kilometer from the frontline, let alone the enemy. It's god damn stupid and doesn't make a lick of sense. A proper, perfect RTS like the old hardcore ones from 2000 should only involve a pre-built army with no reinforcements and no resources. Like in a real war you start out with what you've got and nothing more.
>>
>>46458926
I second this post.
>>
>>46459438
I'm sorry the fun hurt you
>>
>>46458926
My battle-brother. The early devs promised the impossible and are thankfully gone. The current devs are doing what they can to make a game that can be actually finished before they go bankrupt. Is it perfect, hell no. Does it let you play as a 40k soldier and beat the snot out each other, almost
>>
File: eternal fail fanbase.jpg (181 KB, 1599x664) Image search: [Google]
eternal fail fanbase.jpg
181 KB, 1599x664
>>46452454
B..but they are not humans! Its lore! I read it on reddit...
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>46452781
>What the actual fuck is this game?
Welcome to M3.016, its age of shitty games in early access and assholes who make them and retards who play them.
>>
File: 1457716464153.jpg (206 KB, 676x715) Image search: [Google]
1457716464153.jpg
206 KB, 676x715
>tfw Miguel Caron announces the game
>"We can do every idea you suggest, if we get enough money!"
>years go by with apparently nothing to show for it
>Miguel mysteriously leaves ie, got fired for being a scam artist
>New devs take over
>The game actually makes progress, gets new content patches regularly
>Its flawed as fuck but probably gonna be really fun at release

I don't even give a shit about the open world, though.
>>
>>46452454
They're only taller if you count the decoration on their helmet.
>>
>>46459665
Base building it's fun. It subtracts time you spend fighting, and makes battles far more forgiving as you can actually replenish troops.

Blitzkrieg and Total War do it far better. You get X amount of troops. If you fuckup at all and get Y unit wasted, that's it. It's gone. No reinforcement is replacing him.
>>
File: 1419906487353.jpg (3 MB, 4593x1640) Image search: [Google]
1419906487353.jpg
3 MB, 4593x1640
>>46460143
Nope. The position of their head in the helmet makes them as tall as space marines.

Eldar should come up to the neckline or lower of a space marine.
>>
>>46460312
*isn't fun. ISN'T fun.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.