[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadows over innistrad prerelease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18
File: 20160403_201113.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160403_201113.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Let's try this again now that the sunday event has passed. How did your prerelease go /tg/?
Pull anything good?
>>
File: 103.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
103.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
3 showlands, one was my promo. Played a dank B/U deck with Geralf's Masterpiece and Startled Awake (which won me two games).
Most of it was blue but I splashed black for more creatures and removal.
And THIS FUCKING CARD. GODDAMN. AS IF I NEEDED A REASON TO LOOK FOR MADNESS.
>>
Great, best I've ever done. I went to my stores three events and got second, third, and first. In that order.
>>
so what's the current opinion on clues?
>>
Pulled 2 Odrics, Thalia's Lieutenant, Elusive Tormentor, Cryptolith Rite, and Slayer plate in my packs. Sage of Ancient Lore was my promo. Teamed up with a dad for two headed giant since it was the only one I could make it to. We did pretty bad but it was fun. Thought it was weird I didn't pull any mythics considering I had a mythic for each Oath prerelease I did.

>>46445509
I really want to get my hands on that sometime soon.

>>46448839
They aight.
>>
Opened Jace and Relentless Dead my first pre-release, nothing really of note my second.
>>46448839
I really like them, 2 mana to draw a card will always be relevant, and unless you have a pressing need to tap out each turn, leaving mana open to either crack a clue or threat a combat trick is nice.
>>
My first prerelease and did two events. Did pretty bad, but then again, I'm a pretty casual player.

Got From Under The Floorboards and Soul Swallower as my promos.

Gitrug Monster
3 Rattlechains (1 foil)
A second From Under the Floorboards
The Thing in the Ice
Elusive Tormentor
Anguished Unmaking and Burn from Within
And some other decent stuff.

And from one of my prize packs I pulled a Sorin.

So yeah, had fun. Will most definitely go to the prerelease for Eldritch Moon.
>>
Only had time to go to one event. Shit pool, shit deck, and I'm a shit player. Four straight losses, not terribly exciting games.
Still like the set though, in principle.

Best pull was probably Game Trail or Geier Reach Bandit.
>>
>>46444503
I got literally every card I didn't want and no cards I did want and that was with coming in first and getting 10 prize packs. On top of that my pool was fucking horrible and the BR Vamp aggro deck was held together with tears and hope. It was literally luck that got me all my wins as I always pulled the same few good cards every damn game. I had to lie through my teeth and bluff like a bitch to get anywhere.

It was just a horrible time all around.
>>
Got a Jace. That's pretty much it.
>>
did anyone do well with R or G?
Pure RG decks seemed to get stomped at my lgs, and even decks which used R or G with other colors underperformed compared to decks only using B, U or W.
>>
It went alright. Now I'm debating whether or not I want to bother with standard or feel I've wasted a bunch of money.

And if I go standard, do I go Red/White Equipmentish, or do I go Green/White Human Tribal
>>
>>46452070
Just do Frog tribal. Use a lot of instants and sorceries.
>>
>>46452200
I cannot tell if you're serious or not, but that's hardly something I really want to even do.

It's basically a choice between a Cathar-led deck, or a Red/White deck that plays with the graveyard and to Nahiri's strengths.

Those are what I wanted going into to this. I play for fun, even if I don't get it.
>>
>>46444503

Went to three events over the course of the weekend. Overall I went 10-2.

First pool, RG werewolves/madness with ROB, the 3/2 haste rare werewolf, load a red removal and 2*fiery temper. Great aggro deck, nothing to say. 3-0, because it was a small morning event, without a single loss and won that event.

Second pool, BW midrange, not so much synergies, but Avacyn and the mythic black demon (4/5 flying trample delirium). Removal was ok, lots of lifelink, and 3 great finishers (the 2 I mentioned and the 3/3 white angel for 5 with delirium). I went 4-1, finished third.

Last event, I pulled a janky pool with 3 shadowlands. Managed to create an esper control deck with a lot a flyers. I had three rares in each of my colors, the reanimator black spell for 6 as my promo, the fact-or-fiction kind of draw spell in blue, and the 4/4 white flyer for 7 that creates spirit tokens. I had the surprise to go 3-1 with that deck, the spirit token creator did half of my games on its own. I was granted with the best play ever :
> Reanimator spell in my hand
> Stalled board, flyers on each side
> Two self mill crows in my side
> Attack with them into 2 1/1 spirit tokens
> Trade, i mill 4 cards, in which where the 3/3 flash flyer from blue, and my white spoiler. Second main, reanimate them both, win the game in the next three turns.

Overall it felt great. Morning and noon pools were amazing, and I never had problems with my mana during the night event because of the fixing I had from shadowlands and my card advantage.

In sealed, the 4/4 flyers token creator in white is a beast. I don't know if it will perform as well in draft, because it should be a faster format.
>>
>People were pulling their rare flips out of their slips several times a game instead of just using marker cards and having the flip cards on the side in a clear slip.

I Sure hope you guys didn't do this. Treat your cards with some respect.
>>
>>46455604
If flip cards wanted me to respect them they wouldn't have all been shit.
>>
Got 5th place with my "jeskai-wins-probably"-deck. always won 2-1 except for the last round where i got crushed by jace and ormendahl... but i got an avacyn and a ormendahl in my price-boosters!
>>
Slowly planning out a shitty standard deck now. It struggles against angelic fury.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Pulled this from my prize pack so I consider it a win.
>>
>>46461009
Aren't they supposed to give out SOI packs as prizes for the prerelease?
>>
>>46461063
There was a mix in the prize pool since so many people bought the SOI packs. Afterwards the store declared they had sold out of SOI packs. So I got a oath of the gatewatch pack. Don't know if that's illegal but I'm fine with it.
>>
>>46461101
SOI packs aren't even for sale until next Friday. Did they really SELL single packs of SOI?
>>
>bandit/alpha as promo, not much else good
>2-2 with WG humans
>Second harvest promo, thing in the ice
>2-1-drop with a r/u grindy controlly mess that was practically play-to-time.dec and was too agonizing to play for it to be worth the possibile single prize pack

it was a fun day but I didn't really get anything great. Ulveneald mysteries was fucking nuts, probably less good when half your opponents don't misplay into a surprise token because they didn't read it, but still a machine.

tamiyo's journal + erdwal illuminator does work too. if you've got 5 mana up taping the journal to search for confirm suspicions feels really cheeky, but probably not somethig that'll happen often.
>>
>>46461135
Yes. Limit 4 per person.
>>
>>46461171
Well, then they did something illegal. Not guaranteeing prerelease players their SOI prize packs is additionally shitty. Report them to Wizards and watch it all burn to the ground.
>>
>>46461193
Nah.
>>
>>46461241
Then enjoy playing in a store that values money more than being fair to their customers.
>>
>>46444503
I 3-1'd and got Westvale Abbey + a UB land in my box and Avacyn + Jace in my prize packs. Not bad.
>>
>>46452009
I did well with RW.
>>
File: angry moth noises.jpg (58 KB, 422x317) Image search: [Google]
angry moth noises.jpg
58 KB, 422x317
>>46452009
>U/B dominate non-kitchen table play
I'm shocked, really.
>>
>>46444503
I pulled a Jace, two Soul Swallowers, two Relentless Dead, two Inexorable Blob, two Sage of Ancient Lore, a Westvale Abby, a Silverfur Partisan, three Devils' Playground, a Mindwrack Demon, and several other things. Trade the Jace away for Arlinn Kord.
>>
It went bretty gud, my pool was incredibly blue so I went U/R Flying Aggro. I later realized that I had and amazing W pool but without any removal so whatever. Went 3-3. Stalled a veteran neckbeard out Game 2 (he got REALLY mad) and milled my buddy to death with Startled Awake game 5, so good times. My last match I could've topped but the other fucker Avacyn'd me both rounds. So it goes.

My pulls were;

Sin Prodder promo
Thing in the Ice
Forgotten Creation
Startled Awake
Rattle Chains
The Hound that let's you pitch cards to deal damage
Inexhorable Blob
Cryptolith Rite
Game Trail

Foil Topplegeist
Foil Skin Invasion
Foild Nibilis

Later traded some uncommons for a Fevered Visions and an Eerie Interlude. I basically got a copy of every card I wanted from this set aside from some of the zombies and random uncommons. I am a happy camper.
>>
File: one of a kind.jpg (55 KB, 561x960) Image search: [Google]
one of a kind.jpg
55 KB, 561x960
By the end of the weekend I ended up with a pack foil, misprinted Jace. Kind of neat to think that I have a one of a kind card. The dot looks like a tiny speech bubble.

Also pulled an Avacyn and a time stamped Behold the Beyond among other things so all in all a good weekend.
>>
Promo sorin
2 descend on the sinful
Anguished unmaking
Two G/W show lands, 1 foil.
Tireless tracker.
Hermit of the natterknolls/a acyl missionaeies/neglected heirloom

Went B/W with a tiny green splash. Won three games 2-0, lost my last game against the other deck that was also unbeaten running Sigarda. His deck was crazy good, went 1-2 by exiling everything he had the second game and stop delirium/spirit creation. Angelic purge and explosive apparatus gave me delirium in pretty much every game. Was able to -9 sorin once.

Good limited set IMO, I like it. Didn't even open my prizes yet, I'll draft with em.
>>
Nope! I pulled absolutely nothing I wanted. But I'm buying a box, so whatever. There's no money in this set anyway.
>>
>>46462961
>But I'm buying a box, so whatever. There's no money in this set anyway.
Why did this make me sick to read?
>>
>>46463015
You care too much about how people spend their leisure money.
>>
>>46452241
Channel Fireball had a deck tech article on a pretty sweet looking RW equipment deck. You should check it out.
>>
Went with some friends. Me and the two guys on either sides of me all pulled (non promo) Avacyns! Not much else amazing in my pool, I got Odric, Accursed Witch and Asylum Visitor so went WB (lots of people Wx at my prerelease and everywhere else apparently). Suspicious amount of Avacyns floating around, actually.

Went 3-1 but split the pool so I got 4 packs. Pulled Thing in the Ice, Declaration in Stone, Angel of Deliverance but nothing much flashier than that in the prize packs.
>>
File: CcpV6sSWIAAspnQ.jpg (24 KB, 469x532) Image search: [Google]
CcpV6sSWIAAspnQ.jpg
24 KB, 469x532
>>46444503
Got four handlands (forebodding, trail, port, and estuary), a geralf's masterpiece, and a promo Startled Awake.

I managed to go 3-2 that night playing a UB deck that splashed white. Don't remember the list 100% but I do know I had some skulk going and two denies knowing that there were going to be some problem DFCs in the area. I only really managed to win through mill with the promo, a Manic Scribe that was delirium-active thanks to Pieces of the Puzzle, and the blue vessel. Outside of that, I rarely managed to win against decks that managed to swarm thanks to the lack of spot removal in my pool.
>>
>>46448839
Worth less than a card, paying 2 mana to crack one is a real cost. _Mostly_ you don't want cards that wouldn't be worth it without the clue tacked onto them.
They're nice to have and have a bunch of applications. Werewolves and combat tricks make having them much better but the more you have clues, the worse they are.
>>
Got a Promo Westvale Abbey and Thing in the Ice.

Finished fourth because the one person who beat me was forced to concede when our resident That Guy demanded he concede because a card was missing from his deck so he had an illegal deck size (It had gotten mixed up in a nearby pile of other cards from the That Guy shifting around the discard and exile piles from the previous game). Otherwise I would have taken second or third.

Then I ordered playsets of most red and blue cards for about $20 total. Will just trade for Jaces, Olivias and Things in the Ice from here on out.
>>
Of the rares and mythics I pulled, I got a promo Odric, Jace, Tireless Tracker, Sin Prodder, Harness the Storm (going right into my burn deck) Burn from Within,Scourge Wolf, Nephalia Moondrakes, Angel of Deliverance, and Hanweir Militia Captain
Also a Forsaken Sanctuary, which came in handy for my U/B delirium deck
>>
>>46464602
should have gotten a judge. general attitude towards rule violations at casual events is "it happens" as long as the "cheating" party didn't know they were cheating.

That Guy sounds like a particular asshole...
>>
File: Value train.jpg (2 MB, 3383x1797) Image search: [Google]
Value train.jpg
2 MB, 3383x1797
Best prerelease I had since quite a while.
>>
File: 20160403_133842.jpg (415 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
20160403_133842.jpg
415 KB, 1328x747
>>46466007
>localized cards

If your country has such low amount of English speakers why even bother?

Seriously tho fucking jelly about those 2 thing in the ice and that journal. Pic related is my highest value.
>>
>>46466198
The funny thing is that everyone just calls the cards by their English names when talking strategy or even the moment they're playing them.

Also, I pulled three Thing in the Ice and traded one away. :^)
Sin Prodder as well plus various rare dual lands.
>>
>>46466267
I got 2 Sin Prodders :^)
>>
Pulled Avacyn as Promo and most of my rares were alright (Relentless Dead, From Under The Floorboards, Corrupted Grafstone, Westvale Cult Leader, Drownyard Temple, Slayer's Plate).

Ended up playing Esper aggro with Spirits, Humans and Zombies, won 2 rounds and lost 3 but I'm not too bothered about that since it was my first prerelease. Pulled Sin Prodder, Welcome To the Fold, Stoneforge Masterwork and Sylvan Advocate from my prize packs.

I really like the set, so I've went and pre-ordered my first box since I've started playing, too. I think a visit back to Standard might be in order, I haven't played Standard since Ravnica/Theros/m14 (I believe?) was the rotation.
>>
>>46466548
I already traded mine away for a Magic 2012 Chandra der Hitzkopf. :^)
>>
>>46464919

He's a snotty little fucker. He's under 18 because he was bitching about the 11 PM curfew on Friday. And he just loves to cut in on conversations to just loudly state his opinion condescendingly.

When Gatewatch hit his favorite line to say was "YOU KNOW WHAT? WASTES ARE EXACTLY THAT." for the first month or so.
>>
File: 1454342151368.jpg (353 KB, 910x645) Image search: [Google]
1454342151368.jpg
353 KB, 910x645
>>46444503
got 2 mindwracks (one promo), an avacyn (opened later) and the west valeadelphia land.

I played sultai delerium and 3-1 (lost to a mono white double avacyn deck that splashed sigarda) but i got 8 packs
>>
File: send halp pls.jpg (2 MB, 2917x2001) Image search: [Google]
send halp pls.jpg
2 MB, 2917x2001
>tfw literally incapable of stopping to collect prerelease foils even though they're not in English

I hate Wizards for making EVERY rare / mythic rare into a possible promo because now I have to collect everything twice.
>>
>>46467308
What the hell dude. How much is that collection worth? Have you ever just looked to see how much money you've spent hoarding rares and mythics?
>>
>>46467382
I only pay money for drafts and prereleases and I trade for all of my cards.
Okay, I actually rarely pay for drafts and prereleases because I get free entry when judging.

>tfw still missing so many prerelease foils ;_;
>>
>>46467428
Go get help. Why are you collecting cards like this and keeping them in a drawer gathering dust and never using them for their intended purpose?
>>
So, once everything settles, where do you guys think I'll be able to find a descend upon the fishermen?
My go to store says they try not to touch non-english cards, and I'm lazy, but I really would like to exile some people who fish.
>>
File: 1454177331871.jpg (34 KB, 318x336) Image search: [Google]
1454177331871.jpg
34 KB, 318x336
>Miss Pre-release due to work
>Friend who plays Mono-Blue goes and gets new foil Avacyn
>One of the big cards I had hoped to get near release for R/W deck
>Pay him $20 and he throws in a Flameblade Angel
>Look up price of Avacyn later
>~$40

Now I just need Odric and Nahiri.

What new cards are you guys gonna go for?
>>
File: 1440383929859.jpg (72 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
1440383929859.jpg
72 KB, 880x880
Midnight friday was shit, didn't get sealed pool til 1 am because the store was so overworked, and didn't get home til 6 despite splitting round 4. Second event I had a ridiculous RG splash white for Nahiri, should've went 3-0-1
>3rd round, paired against friend
>Mull my 7 and 6 because hands weren't good
>My 5 has no land
>Mull to 4, keep 1 lander
>get btfo'd, then lose a close game 2
>we play 2 more games for a real match, win easily
>paired against 2-0-1 kid for final round
>I agree to concede to him to split 9 packs
>win dice roll for the 9th pack, then his brother is playing out his match forcing me to play him
>lost, but pulled Avacyn and Olivia in the first pack
>mfw
>>
>>46467472
If you're talking about playing EDH with them - I stopped doing that after a while because everyone else here just plays tuned decks with all the staples and all the nofunallowed they can cram in there when all I want is to durdle around with my Mark Tedin deck in which every card is painted by Mark Tedin. Such is life. That's why I'm only playing Limited these days.
>>
>>46467609
On the subject of EDH, how would be Avacyn work as a commander?

Would the deck need to be mono-white, or would her flip allow for red cards as well?

Haven't found anything to give an answer.
>>
>>46467681
In Commander you look at both sides of a card to determine their color identity. Avacyn is WR for Commander purposes.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>>46467609
I feel the pain bro. Just get a casual group and you can play your mono-artist deck to your heart's content. At least until someone starts buying unhinged singles...
>>
>>46467717
Thanks man. Now for deciding to use her or Gisela...
>>
File: 1458793112566.png (90 KB, 320x284) Image search: [Google]
1458793112566.png
90 KB, 320x284
>>46467753
But all casual groups in this town aren't casual enough for my decks, anon...
>>
>>46467811
We have opposite problems. My casual group was having trouble with one guy's 80 card U/B control deck. At least they were until I brought in an actual U/R control deck and wiped his ass. Even threw in Curse of Echos because I've never even used the damn thing before (got it for like $1 years ago).
>>
Short answer: no. Nothing good. Our pool was weak and figured we'd be lucky to go 2-2. Did not reach that mark. First losing pre-release in a long time.

After we just decided to crack our packs in pack wars. That was when we saw the only mythic either of us opened that weekend: goldnight castigator. 4 power and flying is no joke, but the downside is so bad I still don't think I'd run it. Menace, sulk, and cheap spirit tokens are also things.
>>
Went 3-1, opened Nahiri in one of my prize packs and instantly sold her for store credit

Do you guys think I made a good call?
>>
>>46463592
I did indeed check it out, but it's literally all the cards I don't have.

I'll probably stick with my Green/White Innistrad deck, rather than worrying about lots and lots of Zendikar. I'm on a budget.
>>
>>46461254
I think he probably enjoys having a store to play in more than being a spiteful asshole.
>>
File: toogud.jpg (4 KB, 129x90) Image search: [Google]
toogud.jpg
4 KB, 129x90
>>46444503
>both me and opponent 2-1
>r/b madness vs u/b/r control
>I top deck through the first game
>game 2 is the same thing but reversed
>game 3 we both go to 4
>I star strong with aggro but go 7 turns without a second swamp for elusive tormentor
>he is sitting at 11 with neither of us having creatures on board
>burn from with for lethal
>game 4 we both stay at 6
>heavy aggro early game with heir to falkenrath and messengers all round
>turn 6 board wipe
>kill him with the same burn from within for 3

end up going 3-2 with descend upon the sinful as the promo and a 4/4 flyer with haste mythic
>>
>>46468105
You should do whatever you will find fun, but unfortunately Standard is definitely not a format that you can play easily on s budget.

If you play a janky deck you should be prepared to lose against some 14 yr old who looked up the best deck online and got his parents to buy the cards. But honestly as long as you have fun playing your janky budget deck, then who gives a fuck what your win rate is.
>>
>>46471354
As long as I'm not getting stomped, I'll have fun. The dream is to have a cohesive strategy that's just a little off-kilter that upsets or at least catches a few people off guard at my store.
>>
I got third which is the highest I've ever done in a tournement. It was my birthday. I went W/B because Anguished unmaking was my promo and I pulled a second in my packs. Had 2 Angelic Purges, 2 throttles, a biting a rain, Descend on the Sinful, Kindly stranger. For just a killer removal package there was no other choice. I also won a game with westvale abbey/unruly mob combo and took the dude from 13 to dead in one turn.

Other funplays including tricking a dude into wasting his Anguished Unmaking on Morkut Necropod. Flipping my Kindly Stranger to clear the board and swing in for lethal. And the game where i played a b/w with a lot of removal. That game was pretty much summon the two of us wasting 7 turns on removing eachothers weenies until he hit nothing but lands long enough for me to kill him.

Prize pack Highlights
3rd Anguished Unmaking
2nd Westvale Abbey
Gitrog Monster
Nahiri
The Thing in the Ice
From under the floorboards
Deathcap Cultivator
Sin prodder
Skin Invasion
Always Watching
Aberrant Researcher
A few werewolves i don't care about.
>>
>>46471833
Also 2 showlands and 3 of the guild gates reprints
>>
File: soi pulls.jpg (6 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
soi pulls.jpg
6 MB, 5312x2988
I did ok-ish on the pulls. Didn't pull a nahiri so I didn't have to kill myself. Went 3-1 with jund wolves. I didn't list the prize pack rare because I haven't opened it yet
>>
Pulled an Arlinn Kord, Odric, and a promo Diregraf Colossus. Also, the store I was at had a drawing for a custom playmat and I won that. SO I think I did fairly well, definitely got my $25 worth.
>>
>>46472761
Man, man. You and I have almost identical packs.
>>
>>46472850
Nobody pulled anything worthwhile at mine with the exception of 2 people, 1 pulled promo avacyn and the other promo arlinn kord. I had people obsessing over my thing in the ice for whatever reason.
>>
How does drafting work? Do you just bring a bundle of lands?
>>
>>46472916
Like 4 people pulled things in the ice.

I was hoping for a foil Talia Lieutenant
>>
>>46472922
Usually the store provides for temporary use. Taking them with you is a party foul, but they're there for all.

Otherwise, you bring your own usually.
>>
>>46472922
Normally a store provides all the basic lands for your sealed deck, but you can bring your own. However you can only use nonbasic lands you pulled in your deck
>>
>>46472957
I have mine still sealed just because I pulled mostly useless or little sorcery/instants. I think it would be difficult to trigger the flip effect in sealed regardless except maybe U/W
>>
>>46473032
Same here. I've secretly been hoping it's worth something, because I'll certainly never use it.

I need to figure out the way I'm going to play this game, because I like this set a lot, but am unsure of how to play constructed with what I pull from here on out.
>>
>>46467576
Probably one or more Nahiris. then i need to find a Ermakul for a cheap price so that i can use him with Nahiris -8. Then probably 2-3 thing in the ice.
>>
File: 20160405_140859.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160405_140859.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Ended up going 2-2 with a janky RU deck, I'm shit at sealed and mtg in general, but got Sin Prodder as my promo, pulled Arlinn in my consolation booster and got to say "Release the Kraken" on flipping Thing in the Ice, so I'm happy
>>
Got promo Avacyn, Abbey, Goldnight Castigator, Burn from Within so I was pretty much set on playing RW and not even thinking about anything else. Deck ended up so-so with some meh creatures, some ok ones, enough removal and one equipment to pair with Avacynian Missionaries.

Went 4-1 which was a nice bonus on top of my pool being worth almost twice what I paid for the event. Match I lost was to a pretty good RGB deck heavy with werewolves. Draws weren't that good and I made a few mistakes like not casting Avacyn the first chance I got. Played pretty tight most of my games and then some I either resolved Avacyn or flipped Avacynian missionaries which was always game in short order regardless of what I did afterwards.
>>
>>46473091
In case you're talking about Thing in the Ice, it certainly is worth money, Starcitygames lists it at $20 currently which means it's realistically a bit over $10.
ยจ
>>46473032
It's still worth playing if you go blue at all. A 0/4 blocks pretty well in this format protecting you from aggro decks and is likely worth a card by itself, especially if you're packing blue card advantage spells that don't affect the board. The card also SCREAMS threat to your opponent's face and they'll probably spend a removal spell on it if you get it to 2 or 3 counters. And if the game goes long and you get to flip it, your opponent probably scoops immediately.
>>
>>46471255
>game 4
You what mate?
>>
Pulled a foil Jace and A Thing in the Ice. Everything else, including my stamped rares, were doodie.

Currently debating on flipping the foil Jace now or seeing if he rises in price.
>>
>>46477989
Patrick?
>>
>>46461423
That's like almost eighty bucks, not shabby at all.
>>
Is it just me or does thing in the ice sound like it was one of the most pulled cards? Each thread I've read made it sound like it was falling out of peoples assholes at each event
>>
>>46467811
>Jace having almost as much HP as Gideon

Fucking bullshit
>>
Did anyone make good use of clue tokens?

I was pretty unimpressed with investigate cards with the exception of Press for Answers.

I pulled a Tamiyo's Journal and it seems overcosted, like a lot of the investigate cards really.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (39 KB, 286x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
39 KB, 286x200
>>46481757

Guy at the midnight basically played Blue Clues. I saw him crack Tamiyos Journal 3 times in one game, and flip Abby twice in 3 turns because of the green human maker. Shit was hilarious.
>>
>>46481757
>>46481810
At our 2HG a guy won with nothing but clues, Seasons Past, and the enchantment that gets you 1/1 humans for clues. I still have PTSD from that match against that deck.
>>
I pulled a Relentless Dead. How good/bad is it?
>>
>>46482092
pretty good.
>>
>>46482092
>not pulling TWO Relentless Dead
>>
>>46444503
no joke pulled 3 fuckking invocation of saint trafts
my pool was shit
still won a few games by stacking invocations.
>>
What do you people think of Alms of the Vein?

I've seen a ridiculous amount of hate for it but I think it works really well when cast for it's madness cost. Pairs up great with Heir of Falkenrath or Insolent Neonate.
>>
Opened two Pyre Hounds and ran 10 instants and sorceries that were all great removal or combat tricks. Went 4-0 in RG Wolves
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.