[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Alt-History Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Eternal.png (303 KB, 515x387) Image search: [Google]
Eternal.png
303 KB, 515x387
Welcome to Eternal, the alt-history game.

Here's the scenario:

You are teleported back to the year 6000 BC

>About 3000 years before writing was invented

You get to bring the clothes on your back and one additional item (something that would cost less than your life savings to buy)

>Hurr durr I bring an aircraft carrier full of everything lol

Assume you also teleport with an ok immune system for the time period and location.

The (recommended, I'm not forcing anything on you guys) goal is to become the absolute ruler of the world by 2016 AD.

Rules:

>Don't be an asshat

>Or a smartass

>Please be good

>Rolling 1, 2, 3, or 4 decides the action for our character.

First post to get 1, 2, 3, or 4 decides the item brought back and location.

Don't pick Antarctica or some shit.
>>
(This doesn't count if it rolls 1-4)

Here are some example/suggestion items:

A book

A gun with bullets

A bag full of corn, potato and soya bean seeds.
>>
>>46442509
Roman occupation of Britannia
>>
>>46442899

Sorry, but the game starts at
>6000 BC.

If you roll 1-4, you can pick Britannia though.

You still need to pick an item as well.
>>
I vote either Central America, or Norway.

Am I rolling a d10 for items?
>>
>>46443276

The last number of your post decides if you're the deciding vote.

Choose a location and an item.
>>
>>46443303

Illustrated science textbook.

Island of Hispaniola.
>>
>>46443375
>>46443276
>>46442899

Always feel free to reroll, just don't get excessive.
>>
>>46442509
Does the "ok immune system for the time period and location" include curing any chronic illnesses you might have? Because without that, I'll be dead within a month anyway.
>>
>>46443592
Sure!

You arrive a completely healthy human being for our time period, and your immune system also has the abilities to defend against the local bugs- though this doesn't mean you'll never catch a disease.
>>
>>46443627
Oh, good. I'm quite dependent on modern medical technology, would hate to go without that.
>>
Right, I'm going to bring a hardened, long-lived laptop with solar recharging and all the relevant information needed for low-tech society building.: basic metallurgy, agriculture, medicine, etc. Probably will get damaged before I can use it properly, but it's worth a shot.
>>
>>46443811

For location, let's go to Hispaniola.
>>
Norway.
>>
>>46443811

Let's assume it's made by Nokia too, to give us a little it of an advantage.

I like this choice better than somebody else's approach to the same thing: printed Wikipedia.

You wake up to men yelling. You open you eyes, and you find yourself on a small, sandy beach.

On one side, you see your large, sturdy laptop. On the other, the yelling is coming from 3 dark men chasing an injured monkey to the water.
>>
>>46443960

Lets hide and see what happens.
>>
>>46444272

>2
Winner!

You crouch down lower to the beach, and see that the men run the monkey into the water, where it begins floundering. One of the men wacks the monkey on the head with a spear, takes the corpse and starts walking away from the water. They look happy, and not even that tired.
>>
>>46444350

Follow them. Let's see where they go.
>>
>>46444685

This isn't 1-4, but I feel it's been long enough without another poster.

They walk into a thick moist forest, ducking under a few branches. Continuing to follow them, you find they go a short distance to a small clearing by a creek. A camp is set up here, with lean-tos, fires, and tanning racks all around. A few women and children sit around the fire.
>>
>>46444816
They might be cannibals. We should hide for now and try to figure out a way to impress them. Maybe they would see us as a spirit/god they believe in.
>>
>>46444871

One of the women begins laughing, and a child stands up and air-thrusts and claps. These people are weird, man.

Thinking about ways to impress them, the most you can come up with is your skin color, language, laptop or perhaps combat.
>>
>>46444936

Screw it. Lets walk into the clearing non-threateningly.
>>
>>46446062

AWAKKA WOOOOOOO

OOGA BOOGA NOOK!

One of the women by the campfires yells out gibberish, and most are now looking at you. Another woman slaps the yelling woman, and says something stern to her.

A man approaches you, spear in hand.
>>
>>46442509
Signing off for the night.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.