[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SUPER STAND SUNDAY/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 15
File: Super Stand Sunday.jpg (327 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Super Stand Sunday.jpg
327 KB, 1200x900
We're back!

Diamond is Unbreakable Bandwagon Edition:
Let's see what sorta Stands we can come up with, and rate those of others.

For a quick Stand, use the following method-
>http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Wiki
Hit random for the name.
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Same deal for the powers.
OR just use
>http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Then, write it up

>http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.
>>
File: JoJo System v2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JoJo System v2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>HOW DO I INTO JOJO /TG/? (In no particular order)
>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>FATE (Next post has a hack)
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: http://pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
>Monsters and other Childish Things
>Attached file

Next post will feature the question of the thread.
>>
File: Jojo FATE.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jojo FATE.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Question of the Thread: Anyone play any JoJo games? How did it go?

Now for some misc links:
>Fan Parts (Also editable)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C5o0VJW_kHTvTuOu8vxpF_mF5zoZ1lwYuBFJ5eQKzis/edit
>Note: Rebuilding/adding info as we find it in the archives.

>d100 System (Editable copy)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit
>>
>>46432780
Is the new season less shit than Part 3?

Seriously, Part 3 shat all over the glory that was Part 2. And it was four times as long.
>>
>>46433017
That depends, anon. What made Part 3 shit for you? If it was Stands themselves, you're SoL, cause that's the name of the game from now on in Jojo..
>>
>>46433055
It lost all of the flamboyant and audacious creativity in combat and HARD GAY style of ridiculousness for the characters and had this atrocious pacing where each week some fuck was quickly murdered in a rather boring fashion.

I want enemies like AC/DC, not the wimps from Part 3. I want the active Jojo to pull a "joke's on you" and whip out the balls and oil instead of the blandness that the entire main cast had in Part 3.

Part 2 was awesome because it was over-the-top, but also a coherent whole.
Part 3 feels more like a Saturday Morning cartoon.
>>
>>46433084
The best way to describe Part 4 I can think of is 'super powered Scooby Doo'. The kids solve 'mysteries' that are partially connected via the main villain and the town as a whole. Each one typically has it's own VotW to it as all Stand based arcs do, and some of them aren't true badguys.

So to answer your question, it's a different feel than Part 3, but still not Fist of the North Star drunk on 80s pop fashion like Part 2 was. That sort of a story died out with Hamon use being the primary combat method.

Give it a try though. Part 4 is pretty good in a lot of ways, and lots of the enemies are more like puzzles to solve than overpowered grunts to punch. You might enjoy it more.
>>
First, is great to see /sss/ on cue.

Second, it's been a while since I storytimed my campaign. We ran a "season finale" just last week to take a break for Part IV. Things that have happened since the last storytime:

> Crashing This Train With No Survivors
> Gwar
> Crazy Train Returns
> I Have a Gun That Talks!
> Master of the Universe
> The Witch/Rainbow in the Dark
> Here Comes Diablo Chumbawamba!
>>
>>46433084
In terms of creativity with the power sets (Ripple/Stands) Part IV : Part III : : Part II : Part I. Parts I and III both introduce power sources (Ripple and Stands respectively) and play them rather conventionally. Parts II and IV take the concepts behind those power sources and make the battles more about brains than brawn.
>>
The Part 4 anime feels a lot like a crime drama, I find. With slice-of-life elements.

Honestly, the anime version of Josuke feels surprisingly similar to Joseph imo, in ways that I didn't even notice in the manga. They're far from being the same character, but there are definitely parallels.

>>46433084

Creativity in combat is a big thing from Part 4 onwards, since you get Stands like Crazy Diamond, whose abilities aren't directly offensive, but enable it to try all kinds of tactics that'd be impossible otherwise(though it can still punch really, really hard). Basically, Part 3 was the "prototype" for Stands, when Araki was still figuring them out. Part 4 is when he starts returning to more trickery-based combat that uses Stands in cleverer and more bizarre ways. Part 4 isn't really that HARD GAY, it's more s o f t, but with Japanese delinquents and heavy funk influences. Think Prince.

If you're looking for AC/DC, you're out of luck. Part 4's a lot more grounded, and most of the minor "enemies" are petty crooks with Stands who end up being reformed when they're beaten, or at least leaving the heroes alone. However, this also makes them a lot more believable. The protagonists do have a lot more personality than the Part 3 squad, though. Josuke's a friendly, mild-mannered goofball as long as people don't talk shit about his hair, and Jotaro's far more interesting and likable as a world-weary mentor figure.

Part 4 is honestly a bit disconnected, due to having a couple of different "main villains" and lots of side stories that just consist of Josuke and the gang goofing around, but I feel like that actually works to its advantage and makes Morioh feel more like a living, breathing town(and Part 4 is ultimately about the town more than anything else). If it's any indication of the quality of Part 4, imo it has the best chapter in all of JoJo, and it's just Josuke and his bff getting Italian food.
tl;dr: It's a different animal than Part 2, but good in its own way.
>>
>>46434986
Which parts of 3 should I see to get all context?
I don't quite remember where I stopped watching, but it was after they got Iggy. They had at least one fight where he was involved (the blind guy).

Is there anything important after this, aside from the final? And from which episode does the final even start?
>>
>>46435045
Honestly, just watch it all from the beginning of the second season of Part 3. Seriously, the first half was a bit of a dud. If that's your entire point of reference for Part 3, of course you think it's crap. But it's still flawed. If you just want the highlight reel, watch episodes 34-35(9 and 10 of the season), followed by everything from 38(13) onward. That's the point where they get to DIO's mansion. It honestly isn't the best adaptation of the final fight(I like the version from the 90s OVA better), but it gets the point across and fills you in on everything you need to know.
>>
So what makes JoJo tic, in your eyes? The best and worst aspects of the series?
>>
>>46435607
First, JoJo is distinctly different from Dragonball Z. Many shonen action/adventure/fighters ultimately trace their style back to DBZ. Nothing wrong with DBZ in my opinion but variety is the spice of life and JJBA brings a refreshing dose of that to modern anime productions.
>>
>>46435607
For one, the art style and presentation. It's very distinct and unlike anything else.
For another, the unique way it handles powers and combat. It's never truly might vs. might in a JoJo fight.
Furthermore, its legacy is nothing to scoff at. JoJo is one of the granddaddies of modern shonen, and most titles will pay their respects to it. It's, in my opinion, one of the pillars of the industry.
>>
>>46435607
Honestly, the thing that really stands out to me is the structure. There's nothing else like it. It's a long-running shonen series divided into distinct parts, each with its own setting, protagonists, and self-contained plot. I find this really helps to keep things fresh while allowing Araki to stick to the same system of rules, and I think it'd be great to see a similar structure elsewhere. However, I dunno if I'd want to see it all over the place. Its uniqueness really adds to the charm.
>>
File: smugmeaner.png (101 KB, 292x331) Image search: [Google]
smugmeaner.png
101 KB, 292x331
>>46433084
>There are people in /sss/ who still haven't read the manga
>>
>Year of Our Lord 2016
>Still using the generator method

Also, I'm here to advertise for participation in a game of a module currently being designed for a modified version of the JoJo d100 system. It won't be completed for another three to six months, but you're free to sign up as a player or GM now. Just log onto Reddit and PM the user FINDTHECOMPUTERROOM with a link to your Roll20 profile. If you are registered as a player and get an idea for your Stand for the module, you have to contact me on Skype. My handle is "pls.go.stay.go".
>>
>>46437476
What's so "modified" about it?
>>
>>46433084
>>46434986
Yeah, Part 4 doubles down on the creativity from the latter half of Part 3, and feels way less formulaic due to not being "we have to get to Egypt meeting a different villain each step of the journey". None of the characters have the sheer fabulous charisma of Joseph and the gang, but they're a lot better than the part 3 crew.
I like that none of the part 4 crew actually kill the villains, even if some of them end up killed by their own idiocy (and, you know, some get stuck in fucked up And I Must Scream situations by the heroes, but still) - it gives the series its own tone, and the fact that the villains tend to come back as supporting cast members again stops everything feeling formulaic.
I can't wait for Kira to get hit by an ambulance and die in the anime, that's my favourite part of DiU
>>
>>46434677
Storytime?
>>
I thought these threads were dead.
>>
>>46438586
Yeah, but the anime came back, so now it's running again.
We need to get back in the habit of posting stand concepts, though, they tended to keep the threads alive.
>>
>>46438863
Very well, Imma post songs people can use if they decide to show up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnOJXIvu6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qFF2v8VsaA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtD1IpH5a5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5-z3X_dM4Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTHMxBttlU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJOLwy7un3U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uyWAe0NhQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MtRlFixzyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lotkzHsIuoA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZuku6GijA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6P_nitWCRc
>>
I'd post Stands, but I'm supposed to be preparing for the campaign I'm gonna be running and the players are in this thread.
>>
Have you guys seen what they're doing on /co/?
>>
>>46439602
Seen it? I'm technically part of it. What's amazing is that it started as a Death Battle meme thread and went off the rails in spectacular fashion.
>>
>>46439602
>>46439857
Is there a thread?
>>
>>46440050
>>>/co/81362276
You may wanna read the docs in the OP post, just to get some sense of what is going on.
>>
>>46440050
>>>/co/81392081
>>
What are some of the more out there ideas for JoJo villains you've had?

Recentl;y I've had the idea of a neo-Nazi getting his mitts on an Arrow and resolves to stab as many people as he fucking can. Preferably with a Stand that could let him do it far more efficiently than a simple serial killer could.

The idea would be for the JoJo to be following this guy, dealing with all the fallout.
>>
>>46437381
I also haven't read the Raildex LNs aside from one or two.

Primaryfags can go kill themselves. I'm not interested in seeing this as a manga.
>>
>>46440277
If you don't want to read the manga that's fine but you look like a fucking retard when you say "IS IT LIKE PART 2 AGAIN?" in regards to an anime based on a manga which has been out for fucking years. The information is available to you at any time.
>>
Oh my god it's baaaack. And here's me, with all those Stand ideas I had ages ago. It'll be nice to get back in action on this, and it's good to see this thread up and running again.

>>46440240
Mind if I write up a Stand sheet for this guy? I'm thinking his Stand's power is something along the lines of that one guy from that one web serial who could extend a weapon's cutting edge infinitely; the Stand's version would obviously have a more limited range, but the concept is roughly the same, and probably has the benefit of applying the effects of the Stand Arrow without direct contact to boot.
>>
>>46440767
Well I did finish Worm recently. And I wonder just how hilariously insane it could get, him stabbing like forty people at once.
>>
>>46433084
Finally, someone else that understands my love of part 2. While Jojo's never gets back to the same path it was on with 2, 4 is the closest we get in terms of writing and characters.

>>46434741
>>46434986
As these two pointed out, Araki was testing the water with parts 1 and 3, but once he got familiar with how to write for the powers involved it gets better. 3 was the warm up, 4 is the main show.

Araki didn't really start to consistently give stands special powers until part 4, but from that point on it gets a lot more in line with the tricky combat of part 2. The big difference is that instead of being combat tricks like in part 2, it is more akin to the characters having to solve the mystery of how their opponents powers work and thus how to use their own powers to beat them.

It is still basically the monster of the week formula, but we have some mini-bosses thrown in there too, and it is all leading back to some really great boss fights. However unlike part 3 our hero's are trying to hunt down villains who are actively trying to hide from them, meaning that it has some mystery and suspense elements to it.

For the most part the minor villains are about the same as you get in part 3, but there are some outliers that get really well developed, and the final boss is one of the better villains in the series as far as character development goes.

It will never go back to being as fun as part 2 for the same reasons as part 2, but part 4 takes second place in my opinion.
>>
>>46440628
I'm asking BECAUSE the manga exists.
Did you think that I'm asking about the tone of an anime where only one fucking episode has been released yet?

I'm asking the manga readers what that part will be like, you fucking shitgiggler.
Why the fuck would I force Part 4 on me when I already disliked Part 3 and also am not interested in Jojo in manga format?
>>
>>46437526
The way the Learning stat works is tweaked so that you can waste a rank of it, and the zone method is ditched entirely in favor of a simple map grid, with different Range values letting the Stand travel a certain number of squares away from the user and/or affecting everything within that many squares of the user if its power works that way. Also, the user stats are entirely revamped into something which we feel is more unique and dynamic. Finally, the "you die after X conditions" rule is done away with and damage and death is approached in a more organic way.
>>
>>46441088
>Finally, the "you die after X conditions" rule is done away with and damage and death is approached in a more organic way.
That could mean anything, chief.
>>
One could argue that Scary Monsters was a spin on lycanthropy, right?
>>
>>46440767
>>46440240
Perhaps its ability is to extend a physical effect outwards? Like a punch can hit something 50 meters away or a blade can something 50m away, fire can burn something 50m away, and so on. It's quite versatile and strong, fitting for a major villain's Stand. It's not quite BBEG level yet, so maybe he would gain another ability later one that would improve it.
>>
>>46441119
Some Conditions are worse than others, so incapacitation and death are based on accumulated injuries, and are approached in a logical way based on each situation. It's JoJo, so you can survive a whole lot of damage no matter what, and PCs tend to have a degree of plot armor that means they will never be killed in one turn.
>>
>>46441221
That's slightly better than what I would've written up, so yes. To be fair, time is technically a physical effect, given that it's part of physics and all...

>>46440871
「Du Riechst So Gut」

Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Range: A
Staying: E
Precision: D
Developmental Potential: D

「Du Riechst So Gut」 appears as an abnormally small brown humanoid, simultaneously far shorter than an adult human yet nevetheless too thin proportionately, with bright red eyes and glittering pale claws and teeth, both oversized for its height. It can generally be seen clinging to its user's shoulder or skull so that only its head is visible, with enough force behind its claws to puncture the user's flesh.

「Du Riechst So Gut」 possesses the power of 「Wittere Ich Dich Meilenweit」, allowing its user to extend physical effects, such as punches, stabs, and temperature changes, out from the point of origin, up to the Stand's maximum range, without adding weight or inertia to the effect in question. Whilst this has the obvious benefit of being able to damage objects from a great distance away very quickly, for instance by slicing a massive area all at once with a knife, it also extends the supernatural effects of any held object when used as a weapon, such as the Stand-generating effect of a Stand Arrow's arrowhead. Extended effects can also harm the user themselves, but it is rare that the user is not already in trouble if they are forcibly subjected to their own Stand's effect.

>>46441171
I suppose so. MAN WHO REMEMBERS SUPER SANTANA TAKING OVER THOSE WEREWOLVES RIGHT GUYS I'm kidding, we're past that now.
>>
>>46441221
An issue I have the idea, however, is the sheer saturation of Stand Users involved, even if you cut away those who can't handle a Stand like Holly. Part of what makes JoJo so good is that even the minor characters get fleshed out.

Doing that for every survivor? It's daunting.
>>
>>46441456
There are some Stand users who are minor characters. For instance, that one stylist with a body moulding Stand in part 4.
>>
>>46441495
Still, I worry I need to break out spreadsheets or something.
>>
>>46438454
When a GM or player recounts a game session, campaign, etc.
>>
>>46442075
I don't think he was asking for a definition.
>>
So we're back, eh? Bout damn time, I've missed you guys.

Would anyone here be interested in helping me flesh out ideas of stands for a quest I'll run in the future? Anons to bounce ideas off of a good story makes, in my opinion.
>>
>>46444532
Nobody is gonna be mad about Stand ideas, go and post them.
>>
>>46444532
Go ahead my dude.
>>
>>46441422
I would raise the Developmental Potential to B, personally. Other than that, it's just about perfect.
>>
>>46444574
>>46444599
Politeness is a good habit none the less.

The player's stand is as followed

AMPLITUDE: Effectively the sci-fi equivalent of Aerosmith. Its a small plane like stand with large jet engines (for its size) for wings. Its able to shoot energy beams from the front of either engine or the main body. However its only able to do so from one source at a time, and said beams are incapable of sustained fire.

Its exact stats depend on player actions before its first obtained, however if I remember right its base stats are

Power: C
Range: C
Staying: D
Precision: B
Potential: D

Player actions will boost one stat, besides Potential, by one grade.
>>
>>46444914
It's kinda just... meh, to be honest. I don't like it for the same reason I don't like Aerosmith, I suppose. It's not nearly weird enough. You had a good idea with giving the players a physically mediocre Stand, since it encourages creative thinking, but I'd go back to the drawing board with this one and try for something more versatile and fun to mess around with.
>>
>>46444914
PERFECT BRAIN is a octopus like rouge stand that can latch onto its foes and thrust its tendrils into their brain, granting them Stands similarly to how the Stone Mask grants Vampirism. It may also use these tendrils as weapons, resembling something akin to a cross between a rapier and a whip in usage.

Speed: C
Range: E
Staying: B
Precision: A
Potential: E
>>
>>46445066
Seems fine. Does the Stand remain if Perfect Brain leaves? Does Perfect Brain control its host? Can it fight while inhabiting a host, or does it take all of its tentacles to do that?
>>
>>46444914
If you are going to have the MC with a kind of plain starting Stand I would up Potential a fair amount. Maybe B.
>>
>>46444532
I'm this anon:
>>46444599

I have experience playing the d100 system, though not as a GM (I will soon though).

If you want any advice for running this quest, feel free to message me on Skype at "pls.go.stay.go".
>>
>>46445059
Aerosmith is a personal favorite of mine, so I may be acting within my own biasies here. And while team synergy and scouting is the name of the game with Amplitude, I'm not so far into production that I'm going to use it as an excuse to avoid tweaking things.

>>46445154
In order of questions asked:
Stands gained by Perfect Brain are as permanent as any other source
The main showdown against it involves Perfect Brain mind controlling someone
It requires all of its tendrils to control someone or grant Stands, but it can leave them disabled to use one or two tendrils

>>46445199
That's fair

>>46445245
Sadly I don't have access to skype right now, but when I do I'll hopefully remember to message you. I did get some pointers from /wqdt/ though.
>>
>>46445384
What's /wdqt/? is it that JoJo thing with the classic cartoon characters?
>>
>>46445066
WET WARE is a suit stand bubble that manifests over its user, giving them many of the properties of liquid. While in use its user also cannot drown or be directly harmed by liquid. This does not stop any damage where liquid is used as a catalyst or middle man however, such as poison or oil fires.

Speed: A
Range: E
Staying: B
Precision: C
Potential: B
>>
File: orange and flowers.png (569 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
orange and flowers.png
569 KB, 500x500
What non-Jojo system would be best to recreate Aerosmith in?
>>
>>46445672
Can you elaborate a bit on what this Stand does and give some examples?
>>
>>46445644
Weekend Quest Discussion Thread. Basically a watering hole, more or less, for QMs and their readers.
>>
>>46445715
You know Damo's Vitamin C in the newest chapters? Think a self inflicted version of it, but you can still move around freely. Slipping between cracks or down drains to escape, bending around objects (or attacks if properly predicted) like water spirally around a pole, or thinning body parts to "stretch" them out.

Think of some of the crazy shit a water elemental could do anatomically, then make it a suit stand.
>>
>>46445911
That's some sick-ass shit. I love it.
>>
>>46445715
>>46445911
>>46445933
I should clarify two things before typing up the next stand. First off, that durability ranking is a bit deceptive. Its difficult to hurt Wet Ware's bubble, but damage done to the user itself is catastrophic due to the body's natural defenses being more akin to butter in that state. Wet Ware does have SOME regenerative potential, but only in the sense that cut off parts are easier to reattach.
>>
>>46445672
DECODE ME takes the form of a faceless, green skinned man in a plain suit (kinda like the Anon mascot thingy) with binary code running up and down along his suit. It is able to alter the appearance of its user to anyone they know. However, Decode Me will only copy its user to their mental image of that person.

Example: if Decode Me's user attributes person x to the smell of roses, they will always smell like roses if Decode Me tries to copy that person. Likewise, if person y died their hair Decode Me might not copy the new hair color if the user doesn't attribute the new hair color to them.

Speed: D
Range: D
Staying:
>Decode Me itself B
>Copied appearance D
Precision:
>Decode Me itself C
>Copied appearance varies wildly
Potential: A
>>
File: 1415369055348.png (569 KB, 600x779) Image search: [Google]
1415369055348.png
569 KB, 600x779
>One To Rule Them All

Apparently Sauron is my stand.
Not sure how to feel about this desu.
>>
>>46446495
It seems fine overall. Not really all that much to say about this one. Not amazing, but it will likely fit its narrative role well.
>>
>>46446495
DALATECHT is a dream stand that takes of thick, black vines pulsating with lights that burst out of the ground around its user and follow them around. While capable of offensive lashings akin to Perfect Brain, its true power lies in its creation of Memory Barriers around the user. Memory Barriers allows the user of Dalatecht to damage his victim's memories whenever he'd normally be harmed. He can only make one barrier at a time however.

Power: D
Staying: A
Precision: A
Potential: D

And that's about half the stands I have planned. The rest are either a bit more spoilery than I'm willing to share (two stand users are essentially walking plot mechanics), or I still don't know what all I'm doing with them.
>>
>>46446871
Lets put it this way: Decode Me is the manifestation of a side character's desire to live the MC's life. Envy is one of the seven sins for a reason.
>>
>>46446950
What do you mean by "dream Stand"? do you mean that it goes into people's dreams, a la Death XIII?
>>
>>46446950
I'm the skype anon from earlier. In my experience, enemies with memory-related Stands don't work well in tabletop and probably won't work well in a quest. It naturally causes lots of metagaming, since the players will know thing that the character do not.
>>
>>46447156
Yes. Dalatecht pulls its user into the dream and then properly manifests. It CAN manifest outside of a dream, but then you've just got a shittier Hermit Purple used by someone who's never heard of Hamon.
>>
>>46447240
As QM I am able to point out meta gaming votes and not count them. I'm accepting of the shitstorm that will undoubtedly follow, as Dalatecht is the second to last fight anyways.
>>
Anyone got ideas for Stand names a mad scientist might have?
>>
>>46447631
Weird Science and Strange Magic
>>
>>46447631
She Blinded Me With Science
>>
File: JJBAHRP - Draft 0.0.6b.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JJBAHRP - Draft 0.0.6b.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So. Gents. Good news and bad news. Bad news first.

As I'm 9,000% sure you've noticed, production on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Heroic Roleplaying has sssssllllloooooowwwwwwwwwed

dddddoooooowwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn.

The reasons for this were manifold, including general project burnout, the founding of my own patreon with hopes for a company to spring out of it, various financial and personal woes, and, perhaps most pressingly, a particularly restrictive license for the system I was using coupled with a total lack of support for the system. The bad news comes from that; progress on JJBAHRP has slowed down. Period.

The good news: This past week, Margaret Weis Production announced a new core rulebook for the Cortex Plus Heroic Roleplaying system, as well as a more open, generic license for creators. There's a Kickstarter for it coming out in "Spring" (May, possibly?) and a lack of a license means there's no risk of it losing support. That means when we come closer to date, I'll have more stuff to work with. Huzzah huzzah.

So the good news is that when JJBAHRP comes back, it's gonna come back in a BIG way. A generic Heroic Roleplaying system book will help me A LOT.

I'm considering starting a paypal account for donations to help me pay for the Kickstarter when it does launch, but I don't want to be a beggar. I don't even wanna link my patreon, honestly. Feedback?
>>
>Dio Brando was basically Dracula
>Diego was basically The Wolfman

FrankenDio and Mummy Dio when, Araki?
>>
>>46447631
Quark Strangeness and Charm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSR5TnNGKmo
>>
>>46447883
>implying DIO wasn't already FrankenDio
>>
Alright, guys, how's this sound.

>A mini-Part that happens all within a single anime convention

>Each different type of Stand is named for a different thing you'd see represented at a con - close-range punchghosts are named after anime, item-type Stands are named after video games, ability-types (like Khnum, basically) are named after tabletop games, western comics and cartoons provide names for long-distance Stands, and live-action shows or movies are the names for userless stands

>Main party has [Dragon Ball], [Wonder Woman], [Call of Duty], and [Shadowrun] - not sure which one is the JoJo of the group just yet

>BBEG is a unique case - an item-type that evolved into a Masterless type upon its user's allergy-related death. [Warcraft] is orchestrating battles between all the Stand-users at the convention so it can secure the strongest host for itself, take them over, and become a Real Human Being
>>
>>46448373
Not!Anubis as the BBEG? I can dig it.
>>
>>46448373
And a real hero?
>>
>>46448463
Yeah. I was thinking once [Warcraft] realized things were going south, it'd pull a trick to evolve into [World of Warcraft] by possessing [Sword Art Online]'s user.

[World of Warcraft]'s ability allows it to [Waste Time] and make actions that only seem to take seconds take minutes. Minutes become hours, hours become days.

Fabulous outfits are handled by the fact that everyone's cosplaying.
>>
>>46440081
>>46440083
I kind of want to steal one for a PC if I ever decide to get into a game.

La Cucaracha and Loadsamoney seem like they would be fun to play.
>>
>>46442503
Ah... If that was the case, then I hope to finally return to writing them up. I think I will first post the ones I already wrote up as a refresher.
>>
File: DDB.png (688 KB, 896x1408) Image search: [Google]
DDB.png
688 KB, 896x1408
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WHW-QNswE
>>
Stand Name: Sacred Worlds

Stand Ability: [Death Negation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Negation)

Power - B

Speed - B

Range - E

Durability - A

Precision - D

Potential - C

Description: The power to negate death/dying. Variation of Negation. Opposite to Eternal Rest Inducement. Users can negate/cancel out some or even all kinds of deaths from and to oneself and others, truly making them ensuring that the living stays alive even in death the users can resurrect themselves, for as long as the user so desires, potentially defeating death itself no matter how strong or impossible it may be.

Huh. That's... unexpectedly strong. And as a bonus, it means that if I get trapped in some horrible, Kars-like situation, I can just let myself die instead of living forever. Unless the Stand is actively malevolent and intends to fuck me over constantly.
>>
>>46449882
Double Dutch Bus please go.
>>
File: Double Dutch Bus.png (67 KB, 576x1152) Image search: [Google]
Double Dutch Bus.png
67 KB, 576x1152
>>46449933
Not gonna happen.
>>
What would be a good power for a Stand based off of Led Zeppelin's Heartbreaker and Livin Lovin Maid?
>>
>>46448373
Really love this idea, lots of ways those stands could represent things
「Call of Duty」firing suppressing fire down the show floor while 「Warmachine」flanks the opposition
>>
>>46450234
I was thinking 「Call of Duty」's main ability would actually be 「Noscope」, allowing the user to hit anything he fires at, without even looking. Whether the bullets actually do anything is dependent on the opponent.

「Shadowrun」would let its user control any digital system he touches with his mind via the ability 「Decker」- but he's left vulnerable while doing it. Great for info gathering, terrible for combat.

「Wonder Woman」is the one I'm fuzziest on. I'm not even sure what it'd do, besides act at long range.

Besides being a punchghost,「Dragon Ball」would be able to 「Ascend」objects around them, improving them to the next level temporarily. A prop weapon becomes a real weapon, a shoddy cosplay becomes accurate, a flip phone becomes a smartphone, et cetera. Eventually, he'd be able to make things go 「Even Further Beyond」, which would turn, say, a NERF rifle into a working laser rifle or something.

Their transportation around the (very large) convention center would be 「Top Gear」, a self-aware Reliant Robin which can hold up to four "Presenters" (passengers) and anything they're carrying. It drives itself and occasionally puts on the radio.
>>
File: withyourstand.jpg (88 KB, 368x496) Image search: [Google]
withyourstand.jpg
88 KB, 368x496
>>
>>46440922
Well you just sound rude.
>>
>>46450550
Are Stand appearances also references to their source names? (Dragon Ball as Not!Goku or a Not!Great Ape, for example)

>>46450571
WWII part with Stroheim as BBEG when
>>
>>46450655
>BBEG
Don't you mean as the BroJo of that Part?
>>
>>46450655
That they are. 「Call of Duty」is an M16, for instance.

「Sword Art Online」's user, a minor antagonist, even suspects she got it because she was cosplaying as Asuna. The Stand itself is a suit of armor wielding 「Elucidator」and 「Dark Repulser」.
>>
How did I miss this thread.

I needed this.
>>
>>46450693
So even in other media Asuna is just used by the BBEG like Kittytoes?
>>
>>46450716
Bingo.
>>
>>46450667
>Implying his over the top nature wouldn't make a beautiful ham villain
Besides, Hitler as BBEG is overdone
>>
Name: I Got You
Power: Guilt Augmentation.

I Got You is a shadowy stand, oftentimes not even being seen except as a small, vaguely humanoid shape of shadow on the nape of it's targets neck whispering into their ear.

When active I Got You forces whoever it's attached to to focus on the things that make them feel Guilty while amplifying the guilt they feel in the process.

I Got You's user, a Prosecutor by the name of Maria Moore, uses IGY to influence criminals into taking deals, pleading guilty or whatever else is needed, in order to progress in her career. As such she's built up quite a reputation as being rather intimidating.

...and now i'm imagining her looking like Lisa-lisa only less fashion model and more business suit.
>>
>>46451306
So an incognito version or The Lock?
>>
so what system do you use and why?
>>
>>46451334
I use Wushu cause its malleable and being mechanically rewarded for cleverness and description feels oh so right for JoJo

A friend of mine uses 3.5 cause anyone who's willing to work with a structured system can pick up and play 3.5 in his opinion.
>>
>>46451334
I use the d100 system since someone needed to test it and it works out well.
>>
>>46450716
Also maybe have some gal running around with 「Undertale」who just won't stay down, but is convinced to give up when she's taught that 「Warcraft」just wants to use her?
>>
>>46453787
>「Undertale」
to the user it appears as a group of people she can confide in, but it's really just a bunch of sock puppets under the control of a horrifying plant monster.
>>
>>46451334
I'm going to use the homebrew system we made when I run a JJBA game. I'm torn between making it cyberpunk or a space opera.
>>
>>46453953
I think a space opera with stands would be cool, especially if the aliens don't have knowledge of stands, but can see them without having them.
>>
>>46454577
So a whole species of reverse Mikitakas?
>>
>>46453953
You could also do new naming themes with either of those genres.
>>
Unrelated to the Cosplay thing. Something I've been doing in my spare time.

「Mass Effect」

Strength: A
Speed: A
Durability: A
Developmental Potential: B

「Mass Effect」 is a humanoid stand, androgynous in shape. It's limbs are composed of a silver metal, with exposed "Muscle" made of rubbery polymer underneath. It's chest is hollow, containing three spinning rings, each orbiting the heart of the stand. Two mechanical tentacles extend from the shoulders, glowing in sync with the other illuminated parts of
「Mass Effect」. It's head is featureless, save for four glowing eyes.

「Mass Effect」's power is the ability to travel through time, both forwards and backwards. This effect can extend to others as well, giving the impression of deleting it's victims, only for them to be flung far into the past or future. 「Mass Effect」 also has the secondary ability of 「Stasis」, allowing it to add time to an effect. A match would burn eternally under it's effects, as well as a bleeding wound.

「Mass Effect」's glowing pieces change color in accordance to it's ability being used. Red to send things forwards, blue to send things backwards, and green to invoke 「Stasis」

Big Bad Stand
>>
I have a question regarding combat using the JoJo d100 system.

Let's say there is Jotaro vs DIO fight. According to system, both have 25 conditions to become retired and both have Power and Durability on "A". They also have 8 movement points +1 free. The question is, how to translate/calculate damage? As far as i understand, since they both have 25 conditions available, they can hit eachother for 1 condition per turn, according to Power vs Durability. How would knife throwing work? How would rapind punching/Stand rush work? Spend 1 movement point per punch? The World would work like skipping opponents turn, on Star Finger you would have to roll Precision + Power. Also, what should both roll in case that DIO is attacking? Should DIO roll for Precision/Power or Speed/Power and Jotaro for Speed/Durability? Combat is the only thing that i don't understand exactly in the system. Maybe someone is willing enough to explain it properly on some example?

I'll also may later post how our campaign is going from my perspective (one of the players).
>>
>>46444699
Done.

>>46449882
>>46449956
Weekly reminder that Double Dutch Bus is a failure at everything ever. more like Double Dutch Bitch haha

So, are there any Stand ideas people want me to write up a sheet for? I have time to do so.
>>
>>46457799
So its a hyper generalized time stand? Whats it limit for time flinging? Why isn't it called Chrono Trigger?
>>
>>46458151
Here is my tip: Ditch the movement and range system. Ditch the way they do conditions.

For punch rushes what I do is let a player roll Power or Speed to counter attack instead of tank / dodge. If they fail however, they take even more sever conditions.

The knives I would say are a 5d100 Precision attack. Since time is stopped, super hard to miss. Jotaro would get 1d100 Speed to deflect, or durability for the first knife throw and time stop and 2d100 on all others.
>>
>>46458151
>>46458350
To continue, I keep track of conditions in a very loose sense. the more durable the enemy the more I let them take until it makes sense for them to finally fall. While a Stand with E or D durability might retire after 1 or 2 attack rushes even with defending half decently, one with A could fail maybe 5 defenses to an A power Stand before losing it.
>>
>>46458241
What does Double Dutch Bus do anyway?
>>
>>46458497
Exactly what you think it does
>>
>>46458497
Everything and more
>>
>>46458541
And no, he doesn't mean that sarcastically.

It's literally only as good as its opponent thinks it is, so its user has to hype it up to win consistently.
>>
>>46458497
Its power is basically "be as strong as the opponent perceives it to be" - as >>46458541 said, it does exactly what an opponent thinks it does. So, if DDB's user- or an ally, or a previously-convinced opponent- can convince an opponent that it can, say, freely warp reality, then it'll gain the ability to do so against that opponent. Of course, once you know what it actually does, it becomes a bit easier to deal with it.

Obviously, SOMEBODY thinks it has the power to be a dank meme, hence its continued reposting in /SSS/ threads. Nobody else is buying that.
>>
Has anyone here ever ran DDB in a campaign?

I've been tempted to, but I'm no hype man
>>
File: holy-diver-50e041e28d378.jpg (666 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
holy-diver-50e041e28d378.jpg
666 KB, 1000x1000
I was talking with my dad last month about basing a stand off of actual Dio songs, and this is one we came up with.

「Holy Diver」

Destructive Power: C
Staying: A
Development Potential: C

「Holy Diver」 appears as a tall, muscular humanoid with brownish-grey skin and red eyes. It has no mouth, instead having set of facial features more similar to a stylized Hoplite helmet, with a pair of small, sharp horns arcing from the top. It is clad in a parody of a priestly cassock, lined with shimmering rainbow fabric, and has chains wrapped up it's arms.

「Holy Diver」 possesses the power 「Between the Velvet Lies」 which renders it completely immune to all time-manipulating or time altering powers. Time stops or loops do not affect it, and larger scale time manipulation leaves it completely aware of what is occurring and unchanged. It's secondary power 「Truth as Hard as Steel」 extends this temporal immunity to a single object or person that the stand is touching, but can only bestow this protection to a single person at a time.

we thought it would be fitting that a Dio based stand would be good at dealing with Dio. Other than it's time manipulation, it's a pretty shitty punch stand with the added slight range bonus of throwing out the chains.
>>
>>46458779
I find the funny part is that The World itself is a visual pun on Holy Diver, and the Anti World is literally Holy Diver.

But that's just explaining the joke, innit?
>>
>>46458427
>>46458350
So damage, range and speed are purely consensual things? Like, assume how much damage would one take?
>>
>>46459646
It depends on a variety of things, what I take into a account are: Stand Ranks, What the highest number for attack and defender rolled, previous conditions.

Range and Speed are both fixed things though. Depending on Stand Ranks.
>>
>>46460413
Do you care enough to give an example how to actually incorporate range into battles? Or maybe even an example battle? Because the combat is what really bugs me about this system, by those rules the fight between Jotaro and DIO would take several hours because they would hit eachother for max. 1 condition per turn.
>>
Someone on a JJBA facebook group I'm in posted this, artist goes by the name Javier Marcelo Pachec. I don't know any other screen names he has.
>>
Stand Name: Rebel Rebel

Stand Ability: [Inanimate Object Physiology](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Inanimate_Object_Physiology)

Power - A

Speed - C

Range - C

Durability - B

Precision - C

Potential - B

Description: The power to use the traits of inanimate objects. Technique of Object Manipulation. Variation of Cryptic Physiology. The user is or has the ability to take on the form of inanimate objects (furniture, food, tools, toys, etc.), which grants several abilities most of which come from the materials their bodies are made of.
>>
>>46461465
Looks like a cool guy. I would find out if he does JJBA art on a regular basis, or ask him to make more JJBA art in the future if he usually doesn't.
>>
>>46461465
I may or may not be in that exact group
Really cool art. I'd really enjoy reading an adaptation in that style.
>>
>>46461733
I can see it assembling itself from random garbage in the area.
>>
>>46462062
>>46462245
I messaged him specifically to ask permission to use that pic for JJBAHRP's. Marvel Heroic, Jack Kirby JoJo cover, it's too perfect.
>>
>>46447859
Just link your goddamn Patreon, man. We all appreciate what you do, and it's better than sending our money to some anonymous PayPal account.
>>
File: JJBAHRP - Draft 0.0.7b.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JJBAHRP - Draft 0.0.7b.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46462627
Actually, thank you for the reminder, a newer draft of JJBAHRP is on the Patreon than the one I posted in >>46447859

I'll only post it when I have a new draft - my patreon is https://www.patreon.com/TombOfNyarlathotep
>>
>>46461290
I will admit I've had trouble using range in fights. Rolling Range has almost never come up and my group are actually trying to fix that. In most cases it becomes: Take cover and run until we get close enough or use ranged abilities.

A full combat example would actually take a long time either way, but I can give a summary later.
>>
Stand:「Mystery Skulls」
Ability:「Feelin' Like a Ghost」

「Mystery Skulls」appears as a bright-pink, translucent human skull with the lower jaw missing; it is blurry and indistinct, as if it were a hallucination or optical illusion.
Its ability,「Feelin' Like a Ghost」, prevents any record of being made of the user's existence; though those who encounter the user will remember them, no written words, photographs, video, or similar records can be made of them, except the most indistinct and vague. This ability cannot be turned off. However, it can also be used to confuse the memories of a target when face-to-face with them; when「Mystery Skulls」uses its ability, the target's memories of the previous five minutes will become exceedingly vague and indistinct, and for the next five minutes they will essentially lose the ability to remember new information.

>Strength: F
>Speed: C
>Range: A
>Durability: D
>Precision: D
>Developmental Potential: F
>>
>>46463521
>F
Shit Stand, make those Es and then I will read it.
>>
>>46451400
> Wushu
The system I wish I was running my campaign in.
>>
>>46463573
>a Stand that literally can't physically affect people having an F in strength is bad
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>46464145
He's complaining because stats only go from A to E. Worst-case scenario, a stat is "null".
>>
>>46464192
Ah. Well, now I feel stupid.
Does it even matter, though? The stats aren't particularly relevant to this one.
>>
>>46464267
Rules are rules, man.
>>
>>46453884
Sorry for the late reply - I was actually thinking it'd appear as a locket.

If the user wears it open, they can「FIGHT」with physical strength on par with the best Destructive Power out of the Stands they're up against. If it's closed, opponents must show the user 「MERCY」and can't attack directly.
>>
Stand name: 「Chumbawamba」

Stand ability: Innervation

Power: B

Staying: E/A

「Chumbawamba」 is a "punchghost"-type stand; close range physical fighter. Solid power and speed, more than a match for most Stands. It's confined to a few meters in range, and can normally only be used in short bursts; it tires the user quickly.

However, its ability of "innervation" is what gives it the split A/E Staying rank. It can, even when inactive, supply the user with almost boundless energy, removing fatigue and keeping the user alert. It's almost like metaphysical cocaine. Unless you either placate or completely disable the Stand user, they simply will not stop fighting you. Through exhaustion, injury and - with high learning - even temporarily through death itself, 「Chumbawamba」 will keep its user going. Notably, it doesn't heal the user, simply power them.

It can also supply energy to others, though its effects quickly wear off if not continuously applied; any "expenses" incurred to the user's body will be claimed quickly. It can keep a dying person going until they can receive proper medical help. Offensively, it can stimulate the nerves of an opponent's muscles, causing spasms and convulsions, or even induce the sensation of immense pain.

In appearance, 「Chumbawamba」 has a head reminiscent of a traditional glass bar mug, with its body appearing to be made of colored, flowing glass in typical bottle colors of brown, green and clear. It is also studded with what appear to be bottlecaps in various places, including where its eyes would be, in a ring around its neck, and on each of its main joints, as well as randomly.

Its user would typically be a frequent drunkard, who uses 「Chumbawamba」 to win drink-offs by keeping himself conscious.

he drinks a whiskey drink, he drinks a vodka drink
I get knocked down, but I get up again
>>
Have this idea for a JoJo game based in a fantasy world. Stands being classified as one would the various monsters you'd find. Imps, Gnolls, Ogres...
>>
>>46464990
Could work, I guess.

Any further details?
>>
File: [Top Gear].jpg (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
[Top Gear].jpg
3 MB, 2048x1536
I was bored, so I made an edit for a thing up-thread.
>>
Got a stand that's gonna be in the next draft of JJBAHRP.

Stand Name: 「Soupy George」

Power - E
Speed - C
Range - C
Durability - A
Precision - D
Potential - B

「Soupy George」 is a full can of soup with a string attached, that you wear on your head. The can is wholly unremarkable but, bizarrely, changes to whatever brand of canned soup is most popular in the country you’re in, seeming completely common except for the string strap looped through it. Anyone who wears the soup can on their head with the strap in place is subject to the effect 「Soup On Your Head」, which causes literally hundreds of eyes to manifest all over their body. Bizarrely, these eyes are extremely durable, and give the user an incredible sense of sight - able to pick out even the smallest details of a situation with an almost zen-like sense of situational awareness. The eyes are invisible to non-stand users, the soup can is not, and it makes the user look frankly ridiculous.
>>
>>46463521
Aside from the stat debunkle, I enjoy the concept behind its power. However I find it strange that it'd have a five minute Jail House Rock AFTER it's user left the area. Doesn't seem to connect well with the "I don't exist" theme. Especially since it can't be turned off.

>>46464976
Good, solid application of the theme. Given its a drunkard's stand I'd be tempted to give it lower precision, but otherwise solid stats. I have to wonder if it could be used to the point where someone's muscles started to tear from overuse?

>>46468023
Looking ridiculous is just part of JoJo, though. That said if Soupy George can be used by multiple people, as it seems to imply, could another Stand user activate Soup On Your Head alongside their own Stand, similarly to Emporio's BDtH + Weather Report?
>>
>>46468908
It's true that looking absurd is a staple of JoJo's, but there's a difference between that extremely OTT "high fashion" look and "That person has a dented can of Campbell's Tomato Soup attached to their head with a string. Let's mock them!". And yes, it more than likely can be used with other Stands, but stands that use mental effects and powers are more than likely rendered unusable due to an addendum I've added that makes someone with 「Soup On Their Head」 immune to mental attacks.
>>
>>46469149
>"That person has a dented can of Cambell's Tomato Soup attached to their head with a string. Let's mock them!"

Well duh, Progresso's Chicken Noodle is much more fashionable
>>
>>46468908
Yeah, the user can totally overwork their body. " Through exhaustion, injury and - with high learning - even temporarily through death itself, 「Chumbawamba」 will keep its user going. Notably, it doesn't heal the user, simply power them." "any "expenses" incurred to the user's body will be claimed quickly".

Chumbawamba does dull pain, but if the user ever wants to sleep they best make sure they don't owe themselves any injuries. They pretty much gotta stay awake till they can find a hospital or someone who can heal.

I love it as a double-edged sword that can endanger the user while also providing them massive advantages.

Also, I must clarify: There's a difference between actively dismissing 「Chumbawamba」 and simply being unable to keep the manifestation going; 「Chumbawamba」 effectively phases in and out of reality while the user gathers their focus. Generally 「Chumbawamba」 requires about 10 seconds rest per 60 "active". The passive effects will continue, but the user will be more vulnerable for that short period for lack of 「Chumbawamba」 to aid them in battle.
>>
>>46469497
>not cream of mushroom soup
>>
Stand Name: Dance Commander

「Dance Commander」 resembles an authoritative, pulp space opera take on a ship’s captain, with blue skin and metal features around his body including a pair of silver sunglasses, a steel nose and mustache that seem to have been bolted on, and shiny metal elbow pads, knee pads, and metal hands with shiny bolts on each finger joint from the knuckles down with the phrase “P A R TY!” spelled out over the heads of each bolt. (P for one finger, A for another, T for the third, etc.). 「Dance Commander’s」 user knows the fate of every person it looks on, but only if their fate is tragic, boring, or harmful to others. 「Dance Commander」 can manipulate the fate of such people, moving pieces into place in the exact way to make the most fun outcome - usually a party of some kind. However, this fun outcome is usually only a diversion - if the person accepts and has a good time, their fate is averted. If they refuse, they continue on their fate - but now it is even worse, with a grim outcome for a formerly-boring fate, a truly horrible one for someone suffering a tragic fate, and a catastrophic danger awaiting the victims of someone whose fate was to harm others.

Power - B
Speed - D
Range - B
Durability - D
Precision - C
Potential - B
>>
>>46472437
>Wanting that travesty on your head

>>46472450
Certainly an upgrade to Rolling Stones. I'm imagining the hilarity that would ensue with it used during Mardi Gras
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ9se8i4ujs Someone make this into a fucking Stand
>>
>>46468908
>However I find it strange that it'd have a five minute Jail House Rock AFTER it's user left the area.
Maybe five minutes is a bit much - the idea's that it gives the user time to get away in which the target won't remember them, inspired by the Elegant Chaos arc of Transformers MTMTE. I see what you mean, though.
>>
File: Killer Qt.png (268 KB, 816x1280) Image search: [Google]
Killer Qt.png
268 KB, 816x1280
Bite za bumpo
>>
Stand Name: Big Time Operator

「Big Time Operator」 is the ultimate thief. It resembles a thin woman with extremely long arms and a face consisting of one, big, suspicious-looking eye. Her chest is actually hinged, and pops open to produce a hanging closet of keys. The user instinctively knows which key they need, while non-users who aren’t told which key to grab are left metaphorically fumbling in the dark. These keys can unlock anything, /anything/, and allow the user to steal one item from the space they opened before the surface closes again. The keys are one-use and regenerate after time. Items that can be unlocked are anything from doors to security cases to vaults to human bodies. Items that can be stolen are limited to one, but can be anything and come loose as if unsecured by anything - up to and including bundles of cash from a vault, a person from a prison cell (lifted by the stand as if weightless), and a human heart or lung from their body. The keys open a space in the “door” large enough for at least the user’s to fit through, with space for their whole body if the unlocked surface is large enough. Perhaps most bizarrely, items vital for the thing being robbed to function continue to function as if they're still attached unless the item is permanently destroyed - a human heart continues beating and the person keeps living, a clock continues to operate if its main gear is taken, a security camera keeps working if its internal power source is taken out, etc.

Power - E
Speed - D
Range - C
Durability - D
Precision - A
Potential - C
>>
>>46479257
Oh, forgot to mention: After you steal the one item, the door closes and the stand teleports you out unless you choose to be sealed in.
>>
Stand Name: Touch-Tone Telephone

「Touch-Tone Telephone」 is an entirely non-combat Stand, meant to be used for gathering information and laying ambushes. It manifests as an ordinary Nokia cell-phone that anybody can see, but only the user can make use of its prime ability: the power to call any person, in any time period, who possessed a telephone. Past, future, there is no limit to who the user could call with it, as long as the device being called can be understood as a telephone. However, this power comes with a limit. First of all, people being called are not compelled to tell the truth, to them it's just an ordinary phone call. Secondly, its "sphere of influence" is only about ten minutes. If 「Touch-Tone Telephone」 is used to call someone further than ten minutes in the past or future, the person called forgets the call after the user hangs up.

Power - E
Speed - E
Range - A
Durability - A
Precision - B
Potential - D
>>
>>46479987
Thinking on this a bit more, should probably add the restriction "you can't call yourself," since you could just call yourself an hour from now and ask how you won x fight.
>>
>>46475264
In that case I'd do something more akin to The Silence from Dr. Who where they can remember the events that happened normally, but if asked about Mystery Skull's user they could give a vague, general description at best. That'd also keep more nosy stand users from connecting the dots as easily.

>>46479257
>>46479808
>a human heart keeps beating and the person keeps living
How to confuse and excite a vampire: The Stand

All jokes aside though now I wanna read a Lupin-esque side story of BTO's user doing various heists while being chased down by a group of stand users working for Interpol.

>>46479987
>>46482550
And have this dude run mission support for BTO, while we're at it. Intel gathering with Touch Tone Telephone sounds really fun.

Question though, if the target phone had caller ID, what would display? And can someone call the user, or is TTT outgoing only?
>>
>>46482656
I like the idea of having to tactically pluck out the right single item on something and manually destroying it to disable it - like you need to know the proper support beam to remove to make a room collapse, or the right string to make a guard's uniform unravel, etc.
>>
>>46482656
Hmm, didn't think about caller ID. TTT is definitely out-going only, unless somebody can communicate through it with a Stand.

I guess since TTT is hardly a normal phone, caller ID would be appropriately vague; it wouldn't give any sort of name identification, just a dead phone number.
>>
>>46479987
>>46482550
Actually, that's an interesting way of using that power. Maybe it's unintuitive to the user, such that they don't recognise the potential to call their future self until partway through their respective story, but it fits the way Stands work in general so far as I'm aware. Either way, though, I like this Stand.
>>
>>46483788
If a Stand is ever too OP, just have the user be too dumb to use it right.
>>
>>46486049
Sounds about right. Then again, clairvoyance isn't exactly the most broken power one could have, if you have no personal power to compensate. Definitely a support ability, but pretty good nonetheless.
>>
QM to be from before. Was gonna wait until next weekend's thread, but since some people seem adamant on keeping the thread alive I'll post a quick update.

A few people claimed Amplitude (>>46444914) to be bland, but I'm not able to completely scrap it due to every enemy stand balanced around it, so here's a few ideas for secondary abilities I can give it to make things more interesting:

>Can drop or shoot out an energy bomb that acts as an EMP grenade,and can disrupt other stands that work closely with electricity or magnetics
>User may see through Amplitude as if they were sitting inside it's cockpit. During this state they may lose awareness of their physical body's surroundings.
>Amplitude may shift its "bonus rank" to a different stat other than Potential. The "bonus rank" always defaults to what the players earned in the first thread.

I realize none of these address the "not weird enough" issue >>46445059 had, but from what I've seen of the sample of stands I've given here I feel as though the other stands in the quest can pick up the slack.
>>
>>46472450
So...what you're saying is...you must obey the Dance Commander? Giving out the order for fun?

That reminds me of a stand I wrote ages back, following the theme:

>Stand name
「Future Boys」

Power: A
Durability: C

>Abilities
「Another Bee for The Beehive」
「Future Boys」can split itself into two, four or six entities. They become more difficult to organize as they split, but their power grows exponentially. They also cannot be split apart for long, folding back into the original after some time.

「Electric Six」 is a hidden ability that kicks in at maximum split of six. This allows the Future Boys to charge anything with electricity, including themselves. This can be used to render objects dangerous to touch, or even to zone off areas by charging the ground itself. This can also be used to create a field of pure electrical energy between them. They can also, of course, shoot lightning - as a single entity, it can shoot with deadly accuracy and more power per shot, but less often. As it splits, the shots get less individually powerful and less accurate, but the multiplied effect is greater than as a single entity.

Besides these abilities, 「Future Boys」 is a fairly standard punchghost, albeit with incredible potential for co-ordinated strikes when split.

>Appearance
「Future Boys」is, again, pretty standard punchghost fare - tall, ripped, but with spikes around the collarbone , elbows, and knees, electric blue skin, and wild hair. The outline of a suit can be seen in glowing yellow indented lines. The stand is also physically less imposing than other punchghosts, being leaner rather than hulking masses of muscle. Also of note is that as it splits, their battle cry - SI SI SI SI - becomes harmonized, with each split adding more tones.
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.