[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: ThisMovieSucks.jpg (119 KB, 736x1081) Image search: [Google]
ThisMovieSucks.jpg
119 KB, 736x1081
Hey guys. Is there any list anywhere that has lots of /tg/ related movies? Because if you search for "good fantasy movies" or stuff like that, you find nothing, and most of the recommended films are utter crap.

I'd like to have personal recommendations by you, movies that you enjoy, be it fantasy, sci fi, historical or whatever, but that have some kind of /tg/ relation.

Action movies, warfare movies, drama movies, McGuffin plots, whatever you name

Pic related this movie is /tg/ related but sucks big time
>>
Hell I'll even accept monster movies, maneater animal movies or whatever. Just something that makes me think about role playing games, settings or things I could do with my players.

Huge battles, little skirmishes, dark or scary stories, whatever
>>
- Fantasy:
Ladyhawke
Willow
The Princess Bride
Labyrinth
13th Warrior
King Arthur
Highlander

- Sci-Fi:
Johnny Mnemonic
Alien
Blade Runner
Minority Report

- Horror
Hellraiser
Master of Illusions
The Crow, kinda
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Sleepy Hollow
>>
>>46416814
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Approved_movies
>>
>>46417310
I've not seen quite a few of those.

For example Ladyhawke, Labyrinth, Johnny Mnemonic (never even heard of it) and Brotherhood of the Wolf.

I'll check them out, thanks

>>46417500
That's what I was looking for, great

How about some monster movies? I want to get inspired for some horror-based games. I mean, not actual horror RPGs mind you, but campaigns in which the players are gonna find horror where they least expect it. I've done it once and we enjoyed it very much
>>
I have two examples of movies that are undeniably /tg/ but probably won't get mentioned by anyone, mainly because they're not great.

One was Dead Girl, which was basically, "Found zombie chick, wat do?" the movie.
It's exactly what you'd expect.

Banshee Chapter is a tolerable modern horror movie with a supporting character that's basically the poor man's Hunter S. Thompson fighting not-cthulu.
It's the closest thing there will ever be to an Old Man Henderson movie.
>>
>>46417771
>How about some monster movies?
TROLL!

No, really, it's a swedish monster movie.
>>
>>46416814
- Fantasy
Krull
Yor Hunter from the Future
Big Trouble in Little China
The Golden Child

- Sci-Fi
Escape From New York (For the Chaotic Neutrals out there)
Phase IV
Fifth Element
Starship Troopers
Total Recall
Dune
(I'm missing the name of this one movie where space pirates took some cargo with robots equipped with desintegration rays. The main pirate had a mechanical body equipped with a crankable dick.)

- Horror
The Blob
Gremlins
Cloverfield
Maximum Overdrive
>>
>>46419429
>Yor Hunter From the Future

YOR'S WORLD, HE'S THE MAN!
>>
Solomon Kane
>>
>>46416814
Excalibur is a must for a top notch fantasy film. The budget for that film must've been insane and it has a Patrick Stewart in it wrestling a young welshman into a ditch.
>>
>>46419614
The only movie where you see a man fly the carcass of a giant bat into a cave WITH an arc!
>>
File: 2633Heavy_Metal_cstm_Cover.jpg (139 KB, 850x571) Image search: [Google]
2633Heavy_Metal_cstm_Cover.jpg
139 KB, 850x571
This fucker right here.
>>
>>46416814
Nobody in this thread mentioned Stardust but it's the best one.
>>
Legend is worth checking out.
>>
Event Horizon
Starship Troopers
Alien
>>
>>46416814
I sat The Last Unicorn last week, and it was amazing.

I also highly recommend Deathstalker and Solomon Kane.
>>
>>46424081
Thank God someone mentioned Event Horizon.

You can forget the 40K meme, even though it does work as a good 40K prequel, and just take it as a stellar example of space horror.
>>
>>46417771
Labyrinth is cheesy and 80's as fuck, but it's one of my favorite movies period. It's made out of charm and awesome.
>>
Conan the Barbarian

Fantastic fantasy movie, the soundtrack is also absolutely god tier. The love put into the movie is astounding.

Fun fact: they wanted to make a new Conan movie every few years, like James Bond, but that concept sadly fell through. I suppose it was merciful seeing as Conan the Destroyer really wasn't very good at all. And that reboot was fucking terrible, thankfully it's forgotten now.

Apparently Arnie was to come back for a new Conan movie, Conan and the Road of Kings, but I've heard nothing about it.
>>
>>46420674
Truly the greatest scene ever filmed.
>>
>>46416814
I'm trying to think of some which have a decent asthetic look and story... not necessarily always good movies, but they're fucking great as bad movies

Hardware 1990 - sci
Ghosts of Mars 2001 - sci/action
Bone Tomahawk 2015 -western/horror
Sunshine 2007 -sci/horror
Soylent Green 1973 -sci/apoc
13th Warrior 1999 - fantasy
Salute of the Jugger 1989 - action/apoc
Shivers 1975 - action/zombie
Nightbreed 1990 - action/horror
John Carter 2012 -action/sci
Krull 1983 -fant/action
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.