[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can vampires win against werewolves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 31
File: 01.jpg (501 KB, 1200x1281) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
501 KB, 1200x1281
Can vampires win against werewolves?
>>
File: kate1.webm (2 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
kate1.webm
2 MB, 1920x800
>>46412377
I recommend you consult the Underworld films
>>
>>46412377
While werewolves usually have the advantage in physical combat, any vampire who's spent a great deal of time practising spellcraft will probably be capable of overcoming such a difference.

Depends more on the vampire than it does on the werewolf.
>>
>>46412377
Vampires have supernatural powers every night of the month.
>>
File: vtmb werewolf.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vtmb werewolf.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>46412377
Only with the aid of the trusty observatory.
>>
>>46412377
Werewolves are usually only a few notches higher than vampires on the physical scale. Vampires are more versatile and have more options available to them, including mental powers.

Really, any vampire should be able to take down a werewolf 1v1 as long as they're smart enough not to turn it into a slugfest. And some vampires might even be able to do that.
>>
>>46412400
This.
As long as the vampires have enough sense not to directly engage their furry foes on the night of the full moon, they've got this.
>>
>>46412435
Of course, werewolves can operate in broad daylight, and be equally equipped to any vampire hunter.
So: Really Dangerous at Night V. Moderately dangerous at all times, and really REALLY dangerous once monthly.
>>
>>46412377
Depends on the vampire.

If they have the full range of Dracula powers that includes turning into mist or a swarm of bats, they'll be damned hard to beat even for a werewolf in wolf-mode.

Really, werewolves are only a threat if you're playing in an Underworld style setting where the vamps are just stronger, faster people who can't go out in the sun and werewolves can transform at any time, rather than just in the full moon.
>>
>>46412377
destroy the moon
>>
>>46412496
Mind you, depending on the myths and universe, some vampires are fine with operating during the day, even in direct sunlight. They might suffer a slight power decrease, or be uncomfortable, but they're good.
>>
>>46412597
counter point:

Become werewolf astronaut. Go to the moon.
>>
>>46412377
Remi can, she's a stage 7 boss and kagerou is much lower than that
>>
>>46412771
If we're playing by *Twilight* rules, then werewolves can effortlessly go from oiled up shirtless buff guys to naked giant huskies at will with just a jump in the air.
Also every vampire has a totally unique miraculous special power that only they have but never fully utilize.
>>
>>46412835
Only some of them did, anon.
>>
>>46412794
There's a miniseries of comics about moon werewolves Vs. vampires. Werewolves win (with human help), but the last page us the Aztec moon mummies driving their battle a temple towards the human moon base.
>>
>>46412835
I was thinking more Dracula (power decrease) or Castlevania (doesn't fucking mattter) rules.

Of course, Hellsing also had the "Operates fine, just uncomfortable" deal, but using Hellsing rules is cheating.
>>
>>46412843
Edward was just gary stu as fuck.
>>
>>46412843
No, per authors admission, they all have one, but not everyone uses their superpower.
>>
>>46412857
Edward wasn't a Gary stu: he was a stalker. Bella was a Mary Sue. One who existed just to be he subject of the adoration of perfect men.
>>
>>46412843
>>46412857
Nah, all vampires had one special ability. Alice could see the future, the J-guy could feel people's emotions, Bella... Fuck if I know what Bella's was. Her daughter was telepathic.
>>
>>46412377

Depends on the setting as so many are pointing out

we need you to narrow it down
>>
>>46412377
Depends on the setting, as always. And in this case, it depends on the vampire too, since they generally change wildly in power over time, with neonates being Zombie+ and very ancient vampires being demigods. Whereas werewolves are often just werewolves.

It also depends on whether one of the two is clever enough to use hunter tools. You never see the werewolf break out the garlic and holy water when taking on Dracula, but you also never see Dracula with a revolver and a silver bullet.

Still, for a couple settings:
>World of Darkness
Unless the vampire is REALLY old, he's dead.
>D&D
Vampires are spellcasters, so werewolves are a non-issue by default.
>Innistrad
The werewolf will be lucky if he gets out of the fight alive.
>Shadowrun
They are the same thing, really. Victory goes to the one with the biggest gun.
>40K
Werewolves win because they Jervis still hasn't finishing yiffing over them. Also, being the greatest goddamn vampire lord only makes Mephiston as strong as a generic wolfwolf riding a wolf.
>>
If it's the full moon, werewolf.
If it's in daylight, werewolf.
Otherwise vampire wins.
>>
>>46412388

>can werewolves have sex with vampires.gif
>>
>>46412887
Bella was a blank, she couldn't be affected by other powers. Her blandness was in fact canonized in the books.
>>
>>46413240
I thought that was a natural ability for her and she got a different special power as a vampire?
>>
>>46412377
Vampires can use weapons, werewolves rarely can.

Most cases of vamps losing to werewolves would boil down to being surprised or the vamp doing something stupid.

And this is without even considering the mental capabilities or increased durability many vamps have. Or armour.
>>
>>46412377
Vampires have a higher power ceiling. Werewolves have better stats at level 1.
Sort of like wizards vs fighters. If the werewolf allows the vampire to gain too many levels, he's demoted to guard dog and has to sleep outside the house and wear a pink collar that says "Ruffy".
>>
Vampires are smart and capable of planning. Werewolves just blindly run at the nearest moving thing and go "rararararara".
>>
>>46412377
Can werewolves win against vamps? What are you even talking about?

They'll both be as strong and unreasonably powerful as the plot calls for.
>>
It depends on the universe/lore. In The Vampire Diaries(my guilty pleasure),werewolves when in wolf form are just as strong and fast as a normal vampire. Their bites are poisonous and 100% deadly.
>>
>>46412377
You mean can werewolves win against vampires

and no, they can't in 99% of settings
>>
>>46413267
Edward could read minds. The entire reason he loved her, was because her mind was the one he couldn't read. Despite her obviously being boring as fuck, not-knowing what she was thinking allowed him to be surprised. There was literally no other compatibility, he was just like, "Oh, hey, it's a movie I don't know the ending of, that means it's the best movie and I want to spend eternity with it." When she became a vampire, that passive ability to became some sort of shield power to block other vampire powers.

That passive ability to not-be-read was so powerful it prevented the author from writing any detail about her character. Bella's powers literally blocked every reader from being able to read about her.
>>
>>46413898
>block other vampire powers
>prevented the author from writing any detail about her character
Stephenie Meyer confirmed vampire, break out the stakes.
>>
Hellsing werewolves are roughly equal to vamps. Vamps can be more powerful but werewolves are tankier iirc.
>>
>>46413495
You know what's funny is that in most fiction I've seen, werewolves are more emphasized as the smart ones than vampires. They aren't usually very smart in Angry McDog form, but most fiction I've seen emphasizes werewolves as having great planning abilities as people, regardless of whether they're still the same person when they change forms.

The Underworld franchise is pretty bizarre and goofy, but it has werewolves as being super scientists. Most movies I've seen that have "evil" (kill people for sport and like it) werewolves basically have them be criminal masterminds in human form, and there tends to be a whodunnit element.

Meanwhile, probably the majority of vampire fiction I've seen portrays vampires as being mostly pretty stupid, prone to charging en masse even if they're getting killed left and right.

This isn't to say there aren't smart vampires in fiction, far from it. But vampires only have to deal with being helpless half the time, not 91+% of the time, and smart vampires are usually portrayed as the exception WITHIN the setting, the sire/mastermind type.
>>
>>46414084
>Hellsing werewolves

What? Is this a thing?
>>
>>46414121
The Captain is a werewolf. After Seras turns into a true vampire, they throw down and he pushes her shit in until Pip (now her familiar) comes out of her and catches him by surprise with a silver bullet.
>>
>>46414121

There's one guy who looks like a catboy who is a Nazi werewolf, of sorts. He's inoffensive.
>>
>>46414146
Schro's a catboy, not a dogboy.

His entire existence and powerset is built around a joke about Schrodinger's Cat.
>>
>>46413251
she just got a upgrade to share it with a person she want after went vampire
>>
>>46414146
Yeah I know about him. I thought it was cool that they had a female werewolf on their team, then I was wrong on both counts.

>>46414141
Huh.
>>
>>46412377
I ran a game based on Underworld once, using CoD rules but not the setting, and the way I had it, a werewolf would almost always win in direct combat, but vampires rarely actually faced werewolves in direct combat. They were more like social manipulators, and instead got humans to do the dirty work for them. So by the 21st century humans had hunted werewolves almost to extinction but vampires were trucking along as fine as ever.
>>
>>46414121
>>46414146
>>46414158

The Millenium Captain was a Werewolf. Basically rode the "half-spirit, half-flesh" thing WoD werewolves do, combining an ability to go intangible with vampire-tier regeneration that didn't need blood or familiars.
>>
>>46414166
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euPfVQkAYm4
>>
File: Space Wolves.jpg (134 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
Space Wolves.jpg
134 KB, 601x500
>>46412377
>>
>>46414141
Wrong.

A silver TOOTH. That the cap threw to her.
>>
File: The_Captain.jpg (117 KB, 437x640) Image search: [Google]
The_Captain.jpg
117 KB, 437x640
>>46414178
This mute bloke just happens to be Millennium's equivalent to Hellsing's Alucard & the Vatican's Anderson. The only reason he lost was because he wanted to and deliberately engineered his defeat.
>>
>>46414224
It's been a while since I've read it.

Hellsing was exhausting to be a fan of, what with the fucking lag between issue releases.
>>
>>46413495
Discworld vamps / were wolves have their own degrees of problem with the "rarararara" and "planning" thing.. Mostly because werewolves have a habit of going domestic (Vimes resists the urge to say "fetch" after he tricked a over-doggy werewolf into jumping to catch a mortar he shot over it's head as if it were a tennis ball) and Vampires have the problem of being what they eat (Granny Weatherwax uses that to her advantage after a family of Vampires who had "perfected" vampirisim ritualistically fed on her blood. She used her connection to her own blood to enforce all the rules of vampirism that they were ignoring.
Subsequently, most important Vampires in discworld are teetotallers. Because leaf residue and warm water won't decide you need to be taught a lesson, generally.
>>
File: 116.jpg (43 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
116.jpg
43 KB, 312x445
>werewolves will never top this
>>
>>46413267
>Vampires can use weapons, werewolves rarely can.
This. Unless we're talking about setting with no modern guns and things go melee for some reason then it's the vampires that have the upper hand just because they can use tools.
>>
>>46412377
Aren't WoD werewolves 10 foot tall, invincible monsters, made of anger and hatred? Can a vampire kill a werewolf in WoD?
>>
File: tumblr_n5e0hhzm0b1sh0iqso5_500.gif (951 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5e0hhzm0b1sh0iqso5_500.gif
951 KB, 500x281
>>46414121
The Captain is a werewolf.

He's an absolute rapetrain. There's a good reason that the pre-battle meeting was Alucard, Anderson and himself.
>>
>>46414341
Nothing stops werewolves from using guns, they are often still superhuman when in human form. And with proper customization, they could use fucking huge guns while in mixed form.

They just never do, because werewolves are like The Hulk. No one cares than The Hulk is super smart or anything, The Hulk must smash because that's what the audience likes.
>>
>>46414406
Werewolves generally have an advantage over vampires, but I don't need to point out what a big disadvantage relying on melee is in an era of trucks and rifles. Also, higher level vampires can definitely wind up resembling Exalted 2.0 characters in terms of perfect defenses and giant dice pools.
>>
File: wolf.jpg (132 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
132 KB, 1024x576
>>46414341
Werewolves are normal humans most of the time, so they can still do most of what a human does.
>>
>>46414450
Oh okay, my only experience with WoD is VtM:Bloodlines, so I guess the Werewolf mission kind of fucked my perception of them when you couldn't even damage him.
>>
File: Hansclub.jpg (138 KB, 448x332) Image search: [Google]
Hansclub.jpg
138 KB, 448x332
>>46414341
>implying Werewolves can't use tools
>>
>>46414504
The werewolf in that one is WAY more powerful, given that you're a hyper powerful elder by that time who can eat vohzds for breakfast, and vohzds do eat werewolves for breakfast.

This isn't to say owod werewolves don't have kewl powerz, pound for pound they're probably better than vampires, but someone like Christof (sp) would still have a huge advantage over the best werewolves.
>>
>>46414542
that must be a very unwieldy gun.
>>
File: werewolf women of the ss.jpg (93 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
werewolf women of the ss.jpg
93 KB, 480x640
>>46414542
>>
>>46414693
WHAT
>>
>>46414239
Yeah, I lucked out and got into it when everything was out. All the mango, all the Ultimate OVAs.
>>
>>46414693
You know it's pretty cool to see werewolves using guns in they're wolf form. There should be more of that.
>>
>>46414504
Yeah, that's OWoD, though. Fucking Crinos was bullshit. And I loved it for it. NWoD was such an un-needed nerf to it.
>>
>>46414722
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv_aefnKf-E
>>
>>46414761
Do you think they use silver bullets?
>>
>>46414750
Nice. I did the same with Berserk and, from what I heard, it's the best thing I ever did.
>>
>>46414792
Great idea. They probably have silver bullets on them at all times. Standard contagious types might need it to put down their accidental offshoots (imagine how humiliating it'd be for a pure wolf to let a juden escape, and now he's a werewolf too), WoD types might need to kill their enemies or to put down allies who have went berserk and put them in a life or death situation.
>>
File: GutsCrying.png (345 KB, 1014x1035) Image search: [Google]
GutsCrying.png
345 KB, 1014x1035
>>46414796
8 Y E A R S
Y
E
A
R
S
>>
>>46412835
>>46412843
>>46412887
Didn't that bit just straight-up rip off Anne Rice?
>>
>>46414982
I don't understand how some people can just go for so long and the magazines allow it.

It took Hirano ten years to do one hundred chapters of Hellsing, with some chapters being less than eight pages.
>>
>>46415082
I don't think so? Anne Rice vampires didn't have unique powers for every vampire. They all had the same abilities, with a few outliers, but some were better at using them than others.
>>
>>46412835
>If we're playing by *Twilight* rules

Nigga, those are Dracula rules. Novel Dracula could walk around during the day just fine, he just didn't have most of his powers.
>>
File: 1458960573130.jpg (52 KB, 490x723) Image search: [Google]
1458960573130.jpg
52 KB, 490x723
>>46415084
That's not even the worst part, he came back for 2 chapters and then went on hiatus again.
>>
>>46415211
I wonder what he'd do if they stopped making Monster Hunter games until he released more Berserk.
>>
>>46414438
You know what always bothered me about this?

Captain is in fact an absolute rape train, but his only interactions with Alucard in a fight involved Alucard never exploiting his ridiculously crippling weakness.

I would argue that Captain (and by extension, Hellsing werewolves in general) is actually stronger than Alucard / top tier vampires in Hellsing, except that their weakness is so much more crippling by comparison.

Thing is, that weakness isn't uncommon. A tooth shoved into his chest is enough to do him in, and while he definitely handed Seras the weapon to kill him with, even the .454 casull should hypothetically achieve the same effect.
>>
>>46415225
He would do like Rei Hiroe and draw hentai instead of going back to work.
>>
>>46415225

He'd just play more Idolm@ster
>>
>>46415230
It's kind of hard to gauge just how strong and fast Alucard is. Seras pulls off some heavy shit, lifting and throwing multi-ton bombs and coming within a few millimeters of a bullet before ducking away from it, but we never really see that kind of physical effort from Alucard.

It's possible that he's much, much stronger and faster and could've stood toe-to-toe with the Captain, or it's possible that Seras at her True Vampire state was just as strong and fast as Alucard. If so, yeah. You're totally right.
>>
>>46415225
Berserk will end when Chihaya grows breasts.
>>
>>46412592
Couldn't Dracula transform at will to a wolf? As a kid reading the story that led me to believe all werewolves were spawn of Dracula.
>>
>>46413898
>That passive ability to not-be-read was so powerful it prevented the author from writing any detail about her character. Bella's powers literally blocked every reader from being able to read about her.
Well fuck. Now I have to read Twilight so I can find a way to work it into the Hypercrisis.
>>
>>46415398
He could transform into a wolf, bat, rat, and mist, but never seemed to do so during the same night.
>>
>>46415442
So should we just assume that Dracula was a god tier shapeshifter?
>>
File: juggernaut.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
juggernaut.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>46415230
In theory, a werewolf could wear body armor to stop silver bullets.
>>
>>46412377

All the time.
>>
>>46415452
Dracula was a fuck of a lot more powerful than people think.

He had low-tier super speed and super strength, could flatten himself as thin as paper to slip through the cracks between a door and a wall, could climb walls like Spider-Man, could turn into 'creatures of the night'(and possibly more), could walk on moonbeams, could hypnotize people, could see through the eyes of his victims, could keep sleeping prey asleep (John sleeping next to Mina), and could control 'creatures of the night' like wolves, bats, and rats.

His only real weaknesses were holy objects that would burn, but not repel him, garlic, possibly wild roses, an inability to cross running water on his own (but a bridge or a vehicle can fix that), and that he lost a lot of power when standing in the sun. He didn't outright die until they cut his head off, then stabbed him through the heart.
>>
>>46412377
DotS
>>
>>46415333
Than it's better for them to get back on the boat and stay there forever.
>>
Infinity werewolves carry around guns in wolf form, mind you they aren't super accurate with them, but they are chain rifles which fire super heated shrapnel in huge cones all the while being immune to all special ammunition except monofilament.
>>
>>46414438
is this from hellsing?
>>
>>46415651
Forget post, I'm a dumbass
>>
>>46415529
Weren't most of those powers from him being a witch who got them from Satan, not from him being a vampire?
>>
>>46412771
>depending on the myths and universe
There's so much pop-culture vampire dick-sucking that if we combined the abilities of vampires across all of fictions at this point, they would be full-fledged Gods. Werewolves who have stayed pretty consistent to their original mythos over the decades wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
File: bullying maria.png (324 KB, 850x531) Image search: [Google]
bullying maria.png
324 KB, 850x531
>>46415470
Maria a shit
>>
>>46412809
Stage 6, but yeah in Touhou the few examples of werewolves and vampires make vampires the clear winners, although I think that's more of a testament to the individual vampire's power, rather than the race as a whole. Wasn't there a Stage 2 vampire in the PC-98 games?
Remi and Flan are broken as fuck from their personal abilities, not racial traits.
>>
>>46415677
There was nothing like that in the original novel. Some movies and comics might have added that, but Stoker never gives any information on how Dracula became Dracula.

Of course, Van Helsing also attributes more powers and weaknesses that we never see in action.
>>46415706
Werewolves are hardly consistent to their original mythos. They're as much pop culture mutations as vampires.
>>
File: 1458510287506.png (60 KB, 2179x402) Image search: [Google]
1458510287506.png
60 KB, 2179x402
>>46412377
Depends on the vampire
>>
File: gjFhEYs.jpg (57 KB, 406x407) Image search: [Google]
gjFhEYs.jpg
57 KB, 406x407
>>46415470
>>
>>46412388
A great series of movies about Kate Beckinsale in a skintight suit.
>>
File: image.png (427 KB, 450x630) Image search: [Google]
image.png
427 KB, 450x630
>>46412597
>>
>>46414656
He's a super powered werewolf who survives jumps from the skies easily. I doubt they inconvenience him much.
>>
>>46415852
>they made an actual card that lets you attack the moon
>>
>>46415423
>Bella is such a 2D Mary Sue that it's a plot point and the entire reason why she attracts necrophilia
>>
>>46415770
I'm not saying they're completely consistent to original mythos, but compared to vampires they're much more consistent. Which doesn't say much.
>>
>Werewolves are weak to silver, a vampire could easily just shoot a silver bullet with a firearm at something that moves much faster than most regular animals!

>Garlic
>Crucifix
>Stake through the heart
>Light

>Implying werewolves are the ones with an exploitable weakness

Werewolf could just chowdown on a bowl of cheezy garlic bagguettes then their breath and tongue become literal cancer to the emos

Vampires aint got shit
>>
>>46415997
Fun fact: Old myths had garlic working against werewolves as well.

Note that it doesn't actually harm werewolves and vampires, it just repels them.
>>
File: image.png (444 KB, 400x585) Image search: [Google]
image.png
444 KB, 400x585
>>46415916

I love how over the top yugioh is.

Isnt quite on the same level of "taste" as MTG, but as far as CURAYZEE goes its pretty fun
>>
File: werewolf.jpg (150 KB, 400x988) Image search: [Google]
werewolf.jpg
150 KB, 400x988
>>46412771
When moving away from pop-culture cliche you'll encounter werewolves being able to transform at will before you'll encounter sunlight resistant vamps
>>
>>46416060
Actually, sunlight resistant vampires were a common thing in myth. Sunlight weakened them, but didn't kill them.

Sunlight wasn't a vampire killer until Nosferatu.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 200x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 200x177
>>46416041

What else do the puppymen have as a weakness?

Also: Why garlic? Holy water and crucifix etc. I get because of religious undertones, but why garlic?
>>
>>46416089
Hold over from the days when bacteria and sickness=evil devil magic.
Garlic has anti-microbial properties, so it protects against "evil" things. Same as salt.
>>
>>46416089
Garlic repels ticks and mosquitoes.
>>
>>46415833
No, it was a great soundtrack and a crappy series of movies, although Kate was hot.

It depends on "win" and what combat is. They have different fighting styles and different strengths. As a vampire, if you're in an alley with 4-5 werewolves, you will probably lose, but at that point you've failed.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 540x720
Why are werewolves so often stereotyped as mindless savages that RIP AND TEAR everything that moves?

Vampires makes sense, needs to feed, seeks out victims to feed on, its a survival thing

But wolves/doggos arent savages for the most part in the real world

The unquestioned love and loyalty of a dog
The whole native american mythos of loyal wolf/coyote spirits

Canines always being a symbol of hard work (worked like a dog) and trust and loyalty to the family (pack)

If someone were to introduce me to the concept of werewolves with no prior knowledge of the pop fiction portrayal of them, I wouldnt imagine a dogman as a savage

Smelly, dirty, sure. But evil/savage?
>>
>>46416089
Foul breath yadda yadda
>>
>>46416172
Because as monsters they're less a symbol of wolves/dogs and more a symbol of rabies.
>>
>>46412377
>Depends on the Setting
>Setting on the Depends
>As with all these questions
>Depends on the Setting.

I have personally found that most vampire fans are terrible people who squeal at anything that may just threaten muh top of the food chain. Exhibit A being the entirety of the old White Wolf Forums. Fuck knows what it's all like now.
>>
>>46416078
I know they were but if you go full myth then werewolves are just witches with transformation powers
that's closer to popular consciousness than dracula being able to withstand light
>>
>>46416147
Kinda like silver! Which is why the Medical Crusader dudes used silver-only tools!

Oh man, /TG/ is knowledge!
>>
>>46416172
>wolves arent savages
Wat
>>
>>46416089
Wolfsbane, depending on the story, will poison them, repel them, or keep them from transforming at all.

Silver, due to the purity.

Garlic because it's an old-time religious herb, at least in Greek/Roman/Egyptian mythos. (Islam, funnily enough, speaks against garlic. One of their prophets proclaimed that you could not enter a temple after eating onions or garlic because the smell would offend the angels.) It's also an anti-biotic that boosts your immune system, so, back in the days of evil spirits causing disease, people who ate garlic were healthier.

Some folks believed that werewolves could be cured by hammering nails through their hands, slapping them on the head three times with a silver knife, scolding it, or praying at it.
>>
>>46416172
They're the abstract fear of feral, wild canines given form. Ever been a peasant in the mid-14th century lost in the woods at night, being stalked by a pack of starving wolves? That visceral fear is what gave rise to werewolves.
What if these hungry wolves weren't restricted to the middle of the woods, and could find me in the safety of town? What if they're my neighbour in disguise?
>>
>>46416229
Muslims confirmed for vampires.
>>
>>46416172
A wolf is very different from a dog.

We're talking werewolves, not weredogs.
>>
>>46412400
I thought Werewolves could shift at will, but were forced to shift during the Full Moon. And during that Full Moon shift, shit would go down.
>>
>>46416248
Allah specifically prohibits the drinking of blood, though. A Muslim vampire is in deep shit.

I don't think they even have vampiric myths.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 723x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 723x650
>>46416248

Doesnt make sense

You dont go out at night in the middle east. You freeze to death

And the power of the sun during the day would fuck up any vampire trying to live there

Now WERECAMEL on the other hand...
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 496x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 496x750
Real question is:

Could a vampire have any chance against a Werecat?
>>
>>46416330
That's why they wear tents when they go outside.
>>
This fucking thread. It's completely dependent on what setting you're in. Vampires are sexy because rape is sexy, or at least the barely-controlled-I-need-to-violently-take-you dynamic is sexy, so they tend to get lionized by settings that include them.

Not all settings, though. In the Chronicles of Darkness setting, werewolves are nigh-unkillable death-machines with five forms (man, wolfman, wolf, dire wolf, and the varipedal steel-shredding battle-form we've all come to know and love) and their own suite of assorted spiritual powers based around their status as double-duty shock troops and secret police of the ideal order (according, very fallibly, to them) of the supernatural world.

Vampires are the undisputed masters of mind control and stealth, which means in a prolonged conflict they can't be counted out, but even a vampire focused on the most brutal style of vampirism (nightmarish shapechanging, inhuman strength, speed, and resilience) can't stand toe-to-toe with a werewolf blessed by the full moon (a face-ripping specialist).

In Underworld, vampires win because they have silver bullets and werewolves use UV bullets instead of portable fucking sunlamps and are also generally shown to be too RAWR to really focus on tactics or strategy. Their best and brightest can barely control his own forces and is implied to have learned most of his civility and statecraft from deep-dicking what's-her-face, Viktor's daughter.

In Hellsing the Major is probably a match for most vampires, but the story is about the upper tier so, you know.

In Anne Rice it's really all about fuckability, whether her nethers long more achingly for the stench of clotted blood and the grave or those big slimy dog-knots at a particular moment.

In Otherworld vampires are just fast, but can't use magic, which is the real OP.

In D&D werewolf is a better template if you can get control.

In Skyrim vampires are better because the controls and loss of gear are so bad for werewolves.
>>
>>46412592
Yeah, and if Vampires don't have any kind of mind control powers. Proper application of stealth and mind control beats most things.
>>
>>46416229
>no pigs
>no garlic
>no alcohol
>no drawing Muhammed and prolly tons of other shit

No Fun Allowed: The Religion
>>
>>46416387
Too bad Anne Rice vampires can't have sex.
>>
>>46416311
They do. Every culture has vampiric myths, and a bunch of other archetypical stuff. For the Middle East it's the ghoul, which are actually genies (everything in the Middle East is some kind of genie, which are actually angel/demon/spirits largely unlike Robin Williams, which explains a lot about why their entire culture is coast-to-coast retarded.)
>>
>>46416440
They can mind control other people to have sex while uselessly grinding their loli zones into the armchair of their mahogany thrones, though. Fucking Anne Rice.
>>
>>46416440
They can, just not very well.

Marius sticks it in his vampire lady friend, for example.
>>
>>46416330

Eh, just call up Hassan and have him deal with it. He's a professional, y'know.
>>
>>46416396
Even the strongest vampire will be unable to control a werewolf's rage or evade its senses. I don't think vampires could really hope to win even five-on-one without silver submachine guns or something, and then the werewolf could just be wearing armor with crosses on and they couldn't even look at her.

It's like, could a martial artist beat a sabertooth tiger crossbred with a tank? Vampires don't have a fucking chance unless they fly away, and even then bats aren't the world's fastest flyer - if the fight starts in close range the werewolf can probably jump and kill them instantly.

Even if the vampire was literally caked in silver the werewolf could just club him and shatter his spine. By the time it heals, his head's been crushed in...

Mind control is for dominating the weak, and stealth is about overcoming the complacement and the frightened. Werewolves are basically invulnerable to vampire tricks and leave them just with human ones. Which, obviously...
>>
File: image.png (278 KB, 511x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
278 KB, 511x400
>>46416452

>Tfw not nearly enough focus on genies

PHENOMINAL COSMIC POWER
>>
>>46415803
; ( no geist?
>>
>>46416452
Christianity is the same way but everything was angels, angels that fell, and angels that didn't take a side when lucifer didn't rebel (to let pagens have their non offensive culture bits). They don't explain the snake except in a retcon of it being lucifer in modern times. Abrahamic religions by far are in the mind set that there is only one thing and it's all this you infidel moron.
>>
>>46415452
He was a wizard. Literally, he trained at the Scholomance, the prototype of Hogwarts etc.
>>46415770
From the Scholomance.
>>
File: Jeannie.jpg (34 KB, 450x621) Image search: [Google]
Jeannie.jpg
34 KB, 450x621
>>46416594
>>
>>46415230
Eh. I think a lot of that was due to the fact that Seras was perhaps the second most powerful vampire in the world by the time she fought The Captain. Even a silver bullet probably wouldn't phase him too much, but a chunk of silver jammed directly into his heart by Seras probably carries more weight behind it.
>>
File: 1428446974835.jpg (170 KB, 1132x776) Image search: [Google]
1428446974835.jpg
170 KB, 1132x776
>>46416477
I want to be molested by a loli vampire.
>>
>>46412835
>>46412843
>>46412887
Bella's power was being immune to other people's vampire powers or something, I think.

The other vampires were actually interesting. Like I wish Bella and Edward had died at the end of book 1 it would have been a much more interesting series.

>>46413051
Sort of this, but with WOD, vampire should have designed his entire life around not having shit like this happen to him, and should have been raised by an entire vampire industrial complex who has been avoiding getting eaten by werewolves since paleolithic times.
>>
>>46412592
A lot of Dracula's powers don't necessarily come from being a vampire.

He also learned sorcerer from Satan himself at the Devil's personal magical academy.

why isn't there a school-life anime about scholomance?
>>
>>46416620
Christianity has an utter shitload of stuff that aren't angels. Leviathan(s), behemoth(s), demons (Literally Nowhere in the Bible does it say a demons used to be angels), giants (if you want to cite the book of Enoch, it portrays demons as distinct from angels as well, the evil spirits of dead giants), the Living Creatures Covered In Eyeballs who you might think would be likely to be angels but are not equated with such in the Bible, and so forth.

Judaism is clearer that many eyeball monsters are angels, and has a lot of non angel beasties.

So no, its definitely not an Abrahamic thing. In Islam, angels and genies are separate too.
>>
>>46416705
Uh, I dunno, I don't think so. A Thompson with regular bullets was enough to shred one of his arms in the Dawn, pretty sure the .454 or really any sufficiently modern gun could plant silver deep enough in his body to achieve the same effect.

He's not super physically armored, he just bounces back really really fast.
>>
>>46412408
Or by being nines
>>
>>46412809
Stage is not a measure of power.
>>
>>46416172
Some of the oldest stories of wolf men come from ancient greece, where savagr, uncivilized behavior resulted in transformation. Take Lycaon for example, who turned into a wolf after eating human flesh. There's also Greek stories of foreigners who would turn into wolves and then back into men as part of a coming of age ceremony about casting off one's animalistic nature to willingly region society.
>>
>>46417010
There's only one Leviathan IIRC, two would breed and be a menace so god killed one.
The other one is due to be the worlds largest fish supper come the apocalypse
>>
>>46417292
It can be taken as a pretty accurate measure of power though. You're right that it's not the final word on powerlevel, but a stage boss' number not matching their general powerlevel is more of an exception if anything. Yuyuko in Stage 1 wasn't even trying, she just wanted a little bit of fun before waving the player on their way.
Kanako(6) and Suwako (Extra) is a better example since Kanako effortlessly pushed Suwako's shit in in the lore.
A great example of a powerlevel exception is Stage 4 Reimu in Imperishable Night, where she was actually trying her hardest and despite being canonically among the strongest characters in the setting, is only the Stage 4 boss.
Every boss in LoLK is stronger than their stage number would suggest because bullshit insta-death Moon rules and FUCKING LUNARIANS GET OFF MY EARTH REEEE.
>>
>>46413898
>Bella is so bland that it started the plot.
wew lad
>>
>>46415281
Alucard had silver tipped bullets, doesnt matter. There's a reason seras was made to fight him instead.
>>
File: modern setting mash up.png (384 KB, 538x297) Image search: [Google]
modern setting mash up.png
384 KB, 538x297
>>46415423
>Hypercrisis
are you doing the Great Work, brother?
do you too hear the Call?
>>
>>46417690
Because Alucard was out of the fight
>>
File: mega table top.jpg (562 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mega table top.jpg
562 KB, 1280x720
>>46414173
Chronicles update of WoD or Call o Duty?
either works and could be fun.
I always say, combine all your options.
>>
>>46416559
No, because you can control the minds of all the people around the werewolf. And again, you probably shouldn't be hand to hand fighting. You have literally all the time in the world to prepare to not get into hand to hand combat with a werewolf.
>>
>>46414406
Old vampires in wod can absolutely wreck wolves but by that point they also have several years of experience over them, low enough Gen can murderize whole packs if not whole nations depending on how old and powerful they are. Also as far as I know the strongest thing in the game is Cain with his rule of I always win that trumps even plot device.
>>
>>46414269
Delphine Angua is best girl.
>>
File: Pirates-Dracula.jpg (119 KB, 1625x953) Image search: [Google]
Pirates-Dracula.jpg
119 KB, 1625x953
>>46412377
What if the vampire is also a space pirate?
>>
>>46417966
Best part of the picture is half of it not being photoshopped.
>>
>>46417966
Chronicles of Darkness.

Though there was a part where the party of werewolves went full Cowadooty and crashed a Fokker Dreidecker into a vampire-owned corporate HQ building then shot the place up with WWI-era automatic weapons.
>>
>>46418349
Would a gang of vampiric space pirates win a fight against a group of moon bunny ninjas?
>>
>>46416778
>WOD, vampire should have designed his entire life around not having shit like this happen to him
pretty much, prometheans and werewolfs are the strongest splats combat-wise, maybe geists too, but i have not played them
everyone else has to be social and manipulative and build a network of contacts, collect favors, and amass knicks knacks, weapons, and even followers
>>
>>46418449
Depends, are the moon bunny clans united in their common hatred of space pirate vampires?
>>
>>46418138
Tiffany Aching is best girl.

>>46414269
Most discworld vampires behave like OCD bastards when they don't drink blood.
>>
>>46418528
>Werewolves strongest at anything
You'd best be talking about second edition
>>
>>46415743
>Remi and Flan are broken as fuck from their personal abilities, not racial traits.
Why exactly are their racial traits in touhou? I know they can't cross running water, and are vulnerable to sunlight, and drink blood like normal
>>
>>46418528
Geists are the absolute gods of murdering things in WoD.
>>
>>46412408
tfw i am reinstalling that game at the moment of writing this
>>
>>46416222
Well, they aren't just spastic kill-machines that charge at everything in a frenzy. They have complex familial structures and show an understanding of hunting tactics and communication.
>>
>>46416705
But wasn't it jammed in by her familiar projection of Pip?
>>
>>46416235
>What if these hungry wolves weren't restricted to the middle of the woods, and could find me in the safety of town?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves_of_Paris
>>
>>46418349
A space station or cruiser suddenly becomes his castle from which there is no easy escape unless it can be piloted towards the nearest star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwDDGPOq-nc
>>
I like the idea of werewolves spending their time in the sun recruiting hunters and feeding them info on where vampires lurk.
>>
>>46418528
>>46419820
Geists are retarded and are only op because of numbers. Nothing in their lore suggests that they should be so strong. Also demons are the most powerful combat splat by a good margin. A newly awakened mummy is up there too.
>>
>>46412388
>Underworld

what a pile of dogshit movies

>what if vampires and werewolves were cool and sexy?
>gee, humans sure are super lame lol
>have some more special snowflake characters
>also have some hamfisted romance

kill em all
>>
>>46416172
Let me bring you back to the past. You lived in your village on the edge of the woods. You were told from a young age that monsters lived in those woods, and you shouldn't play in them. These are old growth woods, with the deepest parts of the woods blocking out most of the light. It is in these woods that monsters really did lurk. It's just that these monsters were known as bears and wolves. Wolves were an absolute menace. They would kill you dead. Hell, there was even an occasion where a huge pack of wolves had a battle with humans on the steps of Notre Dame in Paris. They would tear the throats out of guards and eat them. And that's armed and armored humans. Imagine what they did to someone without such luxuries. Imagine what it would do to a kid.

So yeah, wolves were fucking scary, and were enshrined in myth as evil creatures because of it.
>>
>>46412377
Ah, friend, for this question let us delve deep, deep into the roots that make the myth of both of them up.

Vampires. Immortal. Undead. Feast upon the living. They are the epitome of greed. So much, that you're willing to feast upon life that isn't your's to prolong your existence.
Vampires are the examplification of what the common men feared amongst the mighty and the few pious mighty feared in themselves.
Blood for blood's sake, lifes as a means to an end, that was unending feast. Greed, glutton and a will to abbandon all that is good to sate them.

Werewolves on the other hand stem from a common fear of inexplicable murders. Family fathers, who, in blind rage, strike their children and wife to death. Doctors and wisemen who kill people for no reason, living their whole life as monsters icognito in our midst. But also epilepsy, when a man suddly spasms with a force of ten times greater then his.
The myth of the werewolf is that and seasoned with the picture of the devilish wolf. An animal in bounds with the devil himself, out to hunt and kill man and cattle alike.

This explains quiet a few things. Vampirisms portrayal as spredding disease in late times as well as a vampires tendency for subterfuge and wit and stealth.
Wereas the werewolf hasn't changed from an animalistic terror.

To finally answer the question: that depends much on the outside factors. From usable assets to time. In the end I guess neither could truly vanquish the other, barring an authors choice in the matter
>>
Project Metalbeast.
That's all I have to add to this thread.
They test out experimental dermal armor on what they assume is a corpse, only for it to revive as a werewolf with now-bulletproof skin.
Bad movie, but awesome bad movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQL9jNHcrKo
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.