[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 40kGeneral.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40kGeneral.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Tau Killed my IG! Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: image.jpg (695 KB, 1041x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
695 KB, 1041x1500
This thread has been fortified in the name of Dorn!
>>
what the fuck has happened to 4chan? Why does it look all wacky
>>
>>46402136
It's april fools.

Convince me on why I should play your favorite army.
>>
>>46402136
You got pranked bro
>>
So I asked this question last thread right before it died, so I'll ask again here. Can /tg/ help someone new to eldar and 7th in general not be an ass hole on the table top? I am trying to figure out what to buy to make a killteam and could use some guidance.
>>
>>46402136
>Getting pranked this easily
Ha ha, you fell right in to the trap and I bet your feeling pretty silly right now!
>>
>>46402151
>chaos daemons
>pranks on the mortals
>entire chapter dedicated to feeble attempts to best you
>kairos
>flying monsters
>summoning
>can easily be casual or competitive
>incursion easily lets you cap
>different models and play styles
>>
>>46402151
because nothing beats being edgy elves with a pain fetish that GOTTA GO FAST whilst being the biggest glass cannon army where your glass cannon is actually made out of wet bread. But your cannon is made out of poison and DARK ENERGY. We literally win at rule of cool.
>>
>>46402181
*gets shot* IT WAS ONLY A PRANK BRO

>>46402151
Because you like metal bauxes that go fast and come in from reserves turn 1. And you also like valkyries that are cheaper than IG valks. also HUMANITY FUCK YEAH

>>46402185
Usually a single infantry squad and an HQ will set you up in kill team, and it makes a good starting point for an army. For starters, get a troops choice. Eldar troops aren't considered dick moves if you field them and they aren't bad at all
>>
File: WDmarinecolours.jpg (538 KB, 1600x1094) Image search: [Google]
WDmarinecolours.jpg
538 KB, 1600x1094
Where can I find some of the old RT era beakies? I need retro armor and a paint scheme like pic related for my chapter. The Angels Ironic. I might need some Space Wolf bits too.
>>
File: 1432405415743.jpg (33 KB, 960x532) Image search: [Google]
1432405415743.jpg
33 KB, 960x532
>>46402226
>your
am I getting pranked again bro?
>>
>>46402185
What are your favorite models from eldar? So you can plan out something you like and is still fluffy and fun to play
>>
>>46402356
Jetbikes. Definitely jetbikes.
>>
>>46402151
Chaos daemons, because your BASIC INFANTRY has a better stat line than other armies elite troops. In fact, your whole army is the most elite of the elite with your giant monsters HQs able to solo small armies by themselves.
All the ap2 getting shoved in to the game getting you down? Never get to have your saves? Play daemons, EVERYTHING has an invulnerable save! Laugh as they throw a vortex of doom on your infantry only for them to pass all their saves!
Through summoning and their increadibly cheap prices you can field swarms and swarms of amazing infantry that will turn Ork players even greener with envy!
>>
>>46402185
For kill team, eldar cheese is minimised and they aren't actually that OP
>>
File: Toof Fairee.jpg (100 KB, 620x575) Image search: [Google]
Toof Fairee.jpg
100 KB, 620x575
>>46402354
April fools!
>>
>>46402185
>>46402356

Somehow forget to mention this but I want to make an all jetbike force as long as that is not a total autistic waac fest. I love the jetbike models. It's why I'm here.
>>
>>46402354
Damnit Chester don't be so paranoid
your real name isn't chester? OH SHIT GOT PRANKED AGAIN

>>46402337
I found 30 mark 6 helmets on ebay
http://www.ebay .com/itm/FORGEWORLD-LEGION-Mark-VI-6-Corvus-Armour-BEAKIE-HELMET-Bits-40K-/272133124786?hash=item3f5c65f2b2
A little pricey though
>>
File: otQp19Z[1].jpg (404 KB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
otQp19Z[1].jpg
404 KB, 3110x2073
The Repressor from forgeworld has been discontinued and delisted for a while, so I can't figure this out.

Were the side armor pieces part of the repressor's upgrade kit only, or were they sold on their own under a different name? I would like to get a set if possible, and people selling repressor upgrade kits now aren't including them.
>>
What's your army's way of dealing with Necron Wraiths? Just curious.
>>
File: Zimboozle.png (170 KB, 541x406) Image search: [Google]
Zimboozle.png
170 KB, 541x406
>>46402503
YOU JUST GOT PRANKED BRO
>>
File: 1450420394748.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450420394748.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>46402572
survive, that's about all i can do. you can instant kill them, kill off the spyder first but ultimately between 12" t5 and 3++ they will get in your face.
>>
>>46402572
tarpit with largeblobs, manouver the rest of your army away. RIP if you play DE or other armies with only small squads of squishy infantry
>>
>>46402151
When you get a new video game do you play it on easy mode like a slack jawed faggot, or do you play it on hardcore veteran mode? You should play Orks because victory only has meaning when you've achieved it after banging your head against the wall over and over against a steady stream of better armies. Strong codexes are for weak little babies. Real men spend months painting a horde of boyz that will be removed in one round of shooting, but that's okay because winning and having fun are also faggot shit. You are an Ork player and you eat pieces of shit for breakfast because bacon and eggs is for limp-dick retards.
>>
How many points is a Retribution Phalanx from the Start Collecting! Necrons box?

And how good is it?

I want to know, because I want to start off with a 500 point army for basic matches, and then move up 250 points until I have multi-point lists I can use.

Am new, plz no hurt.
>>
>>46402789
Annie are you okay?
>>
>>46402151
Daemons are a varied lot that can be hilarious, competitive, niche-y, and near everything else. It's an army full of specialized units that all compete with each other for relevance which leaves you the benefactor of their bonkers special rules and abilities. You can't really be a shooting army without some specific builds, but you can do anything else as well as any other army, and quite a bit better in most aspects. Also the varied lot makes for an always interesting experience painting and converting.
>>
>>46402800
The models from the box without any upgrades are 421 points. Give the overlord and the stalker some upgrades and you can reach 500 points easily. I hear the formation is decent,but I never had the chance to test it out myself.
>>
File: Fuck tanks.jpg (13 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
Fuck tanks.jpg
13 KB, 300x218
Alright /tg/ I need something for killing tanks as chaos marines/daemons. Burning chariots die easily, psychic powers are alright but I need an actual weapon sometimes, and I want something besides another walker.

I'm trying to decide between the Siciaran or Deimos vindicator laser destroyer. On the one hand a fast tank with heavy 6 jink ignoring rending autocannon or 48" s9 ap1 ordnance with the option to overcharge to heavy 3. In my last few games I didn't have anything to handle a land raider or a knight, well I did have a monster or two but the other player made sure it wasn't gonna get to the target.
>>
>>46402337
All of those schemes are cash as fuck senpai
I just wish I could paint well enough to try one or two
>>
>>46402988
She's been struck by a smooth free boota.
>>
>>46402463
>For kill team, eldar cheese is minimised and they aren't actually that OP

Do you prefer the old, the ancient or the new jetbikes?
Also I posted in the old thread:

>. Are my opponents going to want to flip the table when I show up?
Unlikely, they will prefer to club you to death with it.

Now
a) take some Vypers for anti armor
b) remember the codex says every bike can get a shuriken cannon or scatter laser. The previous were one per 3 bikes. It might be good to stick to the allowances of the previous to tone the rage towards you down.
>>
>>46402561
>or were they sold on their own under a different name?
it's just rhino extra armour. Maybe called spaced armour?
>>
>>46403025
Oh, really? That's great, actually!

Are the Scarab Swarms any good? Wanting to know, as they're required for the formation, but I want to know how much use I'll get out of them.
>>
>>46403052
neither is good against a land raider.
I do not recommend expensive tanks with a single gun, too easy to stun etc. especially when its side armor 11 like a vindicator.

you could try IA13:rapier with conversion beamer but they are only good at ranges >24'.

Other than that, lascannon havocs in a bastion for protection

CSM bikes/raptors with 2xmeltagun + combi melta might be good and mobile

suicide termi a.k.a 3 termis with 3 combi melta and maybe a chainfist. Deepstrike and watch them die after they shot.

The stinkin normal Tri-Las pred might be an option as well (Pred with TL-Las and Las-Sponsons)

Some people like obliterators, i do not :1 round lascannon but you have to change the weapon in round 2.Gnargh

Forgefiend is too expensive pts-wise for what he does

autocannon havocs are good against light armor but hard to get models for it. (Lascannon havoc models = buy loyalist devastator lascannons)
Thats all i can think of Mr Armstrong. Good luck
>>
>>46403178
Scarabs were hit hard by the new codex,they got a price increase,they only have a 6+ armor save and their low WS means pretty much everyone will be hitting on 3+ against them. Flamers and blasts will also melt them pretty quickly. However,they have 3W and 4A that auto glance/wound on 6s and they are fearless,so they could work as tarpits or vehicle hunters. With the formation,each time they die,they come back next to the overlord,so there's that at least.
>>
>>46403339
Oh before I forget havocs can take 4 meltaguns, might be handy to have
>>
>>46403137
Rhino Spaced Armor seems to be the name of it, after looking that up for a while. Was discontinued sometime before the Repressor itself. Thanks for the help!

Now to just find a set of it. Shame that none of the chinamen seem to offer it.
>>
>>46403400
Hmm, so could I use them as suicide bombers against non-vehicles?

Also, what upgrades does the box come with? That way I can make it 500 points or as close to it, while giving my Overlord some nice gear.
>>
>>46401978
Why do people think 40k is dying

I want actual reasons not just vague statements
>>
>>46403178
different anon here.

I recently got into 40k and got the start collecting necron box. the formation from the box is super strong. I played a game against a space marine start collecting box and just had my scarabs swarm over the enemy dreadnought and melt it away on like turn 2 then basically just suicided the remaining bases into the squad of marines to pin them in the open. they instantly died to the squadleaders special weapons but then they all resurrect next to the overlord and the process started over again. If you keep your overlord alive your army is pretty much unkillable.
>>
>>46403640
>Why do people think 40k is dying
because the game complete dogshit now and has been getting worse dramatically fast ever since 6th
>>
File: 1454793105125.png (394 KB, 598x564) Image search: [Google]
1454793105125.png
394 KB, 598x564
>>46403640
Well I mean it's been "dying" since 2007 when I started so it'll probably be soon
>>
>>46403701
thats a vague statement

are you a nid player by any chance

how has the game got worse
>>
>>46403685
Nice! But the real question is this:
Did you both have fun?

Also, asking again:
What upgrades does the box come with?
>>
>>46403640
Hardly any new player.
>>
>>46403759

But events like Adepticon, NOVA, BAO, and LVO are getting bigger and bigger each year with more participants and faster sell outs each time?
>>
>>46403640
It's like a human, it's been dying since it was conceived and will probably live for a long while more.
>>
>>46403595
The stalker comes with a choice of 3 weapons, people mostly use the heat ray or the heavy gauss canon. Warriors and scarabs do not have any upgrades barring additional squad members. The overlord has a warscythe,which is pretty much the best melee weapon for necrons and a resurrection orb which gives you an one time only reroll for your reanimation protocols roll. If you give your overlord a warscythe,orb and a phase shifter and give the stalker a heavy gauss canon,it adds up to 501 points.
>>
>tfw a bad painter
>but don't want to field unpainted stuff

do you lads care if someone's paint job isn't very good as long as it looks like they TRIED?
>>
>>46403733
>how has the game got worse
are you retarded?

this isnt even 40k anymore, its just some shitty version of apocalypse. big OP shit all over the place, massive OP lords of war. broken formation bullshit.

it all started with flyers being OP as fuck and selling well, then GW figured fuck it just armsrace it up to apocalypse and let the rules be shit.

if you cant see this you havent been in the hobby long at all, 40k is already as good as dead, unless GW hits the brakes soon.

its the same thing they did in fantasy, went from units of 20 guys to hordes of 60 guys and it killed them game.
>>
>>46403912
If i can see globs of paint on the table top it's not like i won't play you, i'll just judge you silently.
>>
>>46403989
Mine aren't THAT bad.

they just don't look great under super close inspection.
>>
>>46403912

Not at all - I'm fine with almost any state of painted model. It takes time and effort to paint and if you put that time and effort in to it then I'd be happy to play against you.

>>46403916

40k was never balanced though. I've always played the best army available. I played craft world Eldar and Chaos in 3rd. I played Vehicle Spam in 4th. I played Grey Knights in 5th. Etc. etc.

The game isn't any less balanced now than it has ever been.
>>
>>46404019
If it looks good on the table top all that matters, not like you're posting on coolminiornot.
>>
>>46403912
Shitty paint job with signs of effort are totally cool.
>>
>>46403824
The Warscythe is the weapon the Overlord is holding on the cover of the box, correct?

Would it be better for me to have him equip that, or the Staff of Light?

I think I'll keep the Stalker's heat ray on it though.
>>
File: FUKKEN XENOOOS!.jpg (113 KB, 780x680) Image search: [Google]
FUKKEN XENOOOS!.jpg
113 KB, 780x680
>>46402572
shoot it until it dies
>>
>>46404037
>The game isn't any less balanced now than it has ever been.
you are delusional.

the balance is worse now thats its ever been, and by adding huge OP apocalypse shit theyve made the cost of entry into the hobby way higher than its ever been in 40k, which will kill it.

its the same reason fantasy died, they raised the cost of entry and fucked the balance. except they are fucking balance even worse in 40k than fantasy ever got
>>
>>46404082
>tfw my buddy and i just bought enough models to play 1000 pt games against each other in march

cost didn't seem too bad... guessing it gets worse as you get to higher point games then
>>
>>46404082
Start Collecting boxes
>>
QUICK! A close friend who doesn't know about the hobby just found your books and models!

How do you explain dumping money into having tiny army dudes?
>>
File: 1309790076122.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1309790076122.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>46403912
depends on how bad we're talking about. you could also talk to your locals about getting a commission done.

>>46403339
i hadn't considered havocs. as for autocannons i could get some heavy bolters then give them extended barrels or have a chaos marine manhandling a guardsman to make him fire
>>
>>46404082

So you mean to tell me 3rd edition was more balanced with Rhino Rush and Demon Bombs? Or was 4th more balanced with MSU Rhinos that scored with units inside them? Or maybe 5th with Multi Wound distribution Death Stars? Maybe 6th was better with Wave Serpent Shield spam?

No the game is no worse balance wise now than it has ever been. The only difference is with the growth of forums and the internet as a medium of sharing the hobby what is OP is far more easily exposed and becomes common knowledge faster.

The cost of entry barrier is a better argument and one I won't refute because the hobby is more expensive now than previously. However that has no impact on balance. 7th edition is no worse off than any previous edition, the bullshit just changes, it never goes away.

That said GW is clearly making moves to reduce the cost with things like the Start Collecting boxes which feature largely good collections of models at a good price.
>>
>>46404159
i've asked around at the store i frequent and it doesn't seem there's anyone that is willing

unless they're all there on the day i have classes and can't go
>>
>>46404109
what happened is that apocalypse failed, because people were like 'fuck why would i buy $1000 worth of shit, i already have my $200 40k army', so GW decided to force apocalypse shit into 40k to sell shit.

you used to be able to buy a whole 1850 point army easily for under $300, and im not talking 10 years ago, im talking like 5-6 years ago, and it would be competitive.

now you have to buy $300 worth of just riptides, and thats like 1/3rd your army.

basically GW have thrown the rules out the window because they want to sell as much big (higher priced) OP shit as they can.
>>
>>46404154

Easily? This is my hobby and I have the disposable income to spend on it. I enjoy the social aspects as well as relaxing after work and painting the models.

That's the benefit of being an adult with disposable income. I don't have to justify my actions because I get to make my own decisions.
>>
>>46404070
Yes,that is the warscythe the overlord is carrying. In my experience,it is always worth it to upgrade your overlord with a warscythe, because sooner or later you are going to end up in close combat and you will need some killing power there to protect both your squad and your overlord. For a S7 AP2 armourbane weapon that strikes before power fists and thunder hammers, 20 points isn't that bad of a deal.
>>
>>46404123
are shit
>oh wow i can pay $100 and have 400 points of shit
who cares
>>
File: startcollectingbox.png (64 KB, 1232x642) Image search: [Google]
startcollectingbox.png
64 KB, 1232x642
>>46403755
yeah we had fun. i was starting to win pretty lopsidedly due to some lucky rolls on my side and some unlucky rolls on his early in the game. so i basically got into a big melee with his terminator commander with his power sword with my warriors, scarabs and my overlord and let him cleave through them all until it was my overlord vs his HQ. I ended up winning the challenge but it was all in good fun.

What do you mean in terms of upgrades? on the sprues the only real substitutions you can make are swapping out the triarch stalker weapons, the overlord has no options on the model itself, he is holding the warscythe and the res orb.

if you means in terms of upgrades you can pick despite the model, look at pic related. this is my 500 point list with the box. this overlord is designed to fight in melee. if you really want though you could ditch the scythe and stick with the ranged staff it comes with though if that's your style.
>>
>>46404196

5 or 6 years ago you could not buy a competitive 1850 army for 300 dollars. Maybe 500 to 600 compared the roughly 800-1000 it is now. Outside specific builds like paladin spam (popular because it was cheap).

>>46404225

Do you actually know how to read or look at the getting started boxes?
>>
>>46404245
>5 or 6 years ago you could not buy a competitive 1850 army for 300 dollars.
yeah you could, easily.

im talking about retail price, not GWs stupid website prices.
>>
>>46404225
Oh so you're just a poorfag, no wonder you're shitposting so loudly
>>
Is it worth giving plasma cannons to tactical squads?
>>
>>46404271

No you really couldn't. Also retail is GW's website prices - that, by definition, is MSRP. At 20% FLGS discount perhaps but not at MSRP.
>>
>>46404196
Or you could buy 115 dollars worth of Stompas and be halfway to 1850 pts.
>>
>>46404293

Negative - I'd prefer MSU Grav/Melta tac squads. Cheap and drop pod efficient.
>>
>>46404276
no, dumbfuck, ive been in this hobby for over a decade and spent $1000s on it.

you are just a retard who thinks that having the barrier of entry being $600 is a good thing, and then wonder why 40k is dying.

i saw this same shit happen in fantasy you moron.
>>
>>46404319
Oh I think I have two multi-meltas from a dev box sitting around... could give those to the tacs.
>>
>>46404298
>No you really couldn't.
yeah you could, easily.

space marines/CSM cost jack shit to get to 1850, at a competitive level.

compare what you needed to run marines in 5th ed, to what you need to run a gladius strikeforce. GW has been turning 40k into apocalypse for years
>>
>>46404205
Ah, makes sense.

>>46404240
Awesome, and yeah, that's what I meant. Sounds great to me!

How viable would two formations of these be in a 1000 point game?

Would zerg rushing with Scarabs and a rain of gauss from the Warriors be good enough to do well?

Just wondering, as I'm feeling like buying two of the Start Collecting boxes, as that way if I play a game that's higher than 500, I can add more Warriors and Scarabs as meeded, until the limit is reached.
>>
>>46403120
The new ones
>>
>>46404293
Tactical squads are designed to move from objective to objective. Plasma Cannons are not.
>>
>>46404322

Actually what you saw was a failure in Fantasy to have any appeal in scaling games. Fantasy's largest failure was that 1000 point games sucked. The overall cost to entry would have been tolerable if you could reasonably get into the game and have fun with a few boxes but you could not. You needed to play 2000+ points to get use any toys due to % comp.

>>46404361

A Gladius is nearly identical to what you'd take for a 5th edition Marine army you dumbshit. 3 troops, transports, dev squad, decent HQ, fast attack, and an elite. The only difference is that 5th edition Marines ran more troops and less elites but the cost evened out.

Do you actually play at a competitive level?
>>
This is a really dumb question but I'm on a phone and don't have the BRB handy. Do Stealth and Shrouded stack or no? ie do Mandrakes have a +3/4 (open) cover or +4/5 (open). If +4/5 then why do they have both rules?
>>
>>46404154
my friends are geeks with their own hobbies. shoe collecting, collecting records, cameras. i'd be more worried about telling a girl i'm in a relationship with. then again i usually tell people i'm into 40k an i'm an art student anyway

>>46404187
then your only option is to get better through repetition
>>
>>46404109
game's still pretty enjoyable at 1500 or less

super easy to break, but 40k's always been about as fun as dental surgery when playing against tards
>>
>>46404422

Fuck I meant 4/5 and 5/6
>>
To the guy who said TWC weren't "that great" and were overhyped a few days ago: they just won first place at Adepticon in a field where everyone was playing 2+ WK Eldar.
>>
>>46404422
Yes
>>
>>46404414
>A Gladius is nearly identical to what you'd take for a 5th edition Marine army you dumbshit. 3 troops, transports, dev squad, decent HQ, fast attack, and an elite. The only difference is that 5th edition Marines ran more troops and less elites but the cost evened out.
no, the difference is now you get 300+ points worth of vehicles for free, and are running 6 $20 centurions
>>
>>46404422

Stealth and Shrouded stack so in the open Mandrakes have a 4+.
>>
>>46404422
Stealth and shrouded stack.
>>
>>46404455

WK + scatbikes is overrated
>>
>>46404466

No that's a battle company - not a gladius dumb dumb.
>>
>>46404473
>>46404468

Thank you, anons
>>
File: 1456188052349.jpg (23 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1456188052349.jpg
23 KB, 400x266
>>46404475
>>
>>46404245

5-6 years ago is 5th edition.

So that's basically tactical marines and rhinos. You could buy a successful SW, GK, BA, C:SM list at that price. Maybe Necrons too.

For sure you could not buy Nidzilla or IG Leafblower with that little money. The trick is to find an elite army with cheap transport boxes. IG had way too many vehicles, many of which were expensive MBT boxes. Same with Nidzilla.
>>
>>46404475
>>46404508

I kind of agree with him. They're still broken and a top list but Warp Spiders, Tau, and C:SM are comparable but don't get nearly as much fear.

Scatbikes are the Wave Serpents of 7E.
>>
>>46404391
I recommend also getting a ghost ark. They can carry 10 warriors,they are durable and have good shooting and they can also bring back D3 warriors per turn.
>>
>>46404493
whatever faggot you know what i meant.

you dumb ass motherfuckers are too stupid to realize that you are even playing apocalypse right now.

GW realized that people didnt want to go over 1850, so they just made the big stupid shit they wanted to sell cost less points and become part of 40k

the balance is complete shit right now, to have a 'competitive' army itll cost you 3x what it wouldve cost 5-6 years ago.

and then you brainless morons wonder why 40k is failing
>>
>>46404537
Alright, sounds good to me.

Thanks for helping out!

Now to figure out what colors I should paint them.
>>
File: 1458104112109.jpg (47 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1458104112109.jpg
47 KB, 430x430
>>46404562
>GW considering the "standard" point cost in games while "balancing"
>>
>>46404508

I was completely serious. There are bullshit lists that can out compete them on pure cheddar, and other lists with hard counters that can wipe them out. Jetbikes can be completely fucking useless against some lists. WKs are undercosted but not invincible.

Gundam Tau lists, Tzeentch summoning bullshit, some 'crons lists, other cheesier Eldar lists, Gladius, War Convo, etc can do better against either a lot of lists or the WK/scatspam. And like the other anon said, Warp Spider lists are the new hotness (aka the new bullshit spam list) and would probably A) have a better overall W-L record and B) win against a WK/scatter list depending on the game type
>>
>>46404562

The level of vitriol in your post makes it pretty clear you don't actually know what you're talking about and you're resorting to profanity to make some form of 'point'. I'll let you have fun pretending you know anything about competitive play or the state of balance in 40k now as compared to prior editions.

Good armies have never been cheap. Just know that - no matter how much you want to think the opposite it is true. Good armies - the ones that placed top table have always been more expensive than an average army.
>>
>>46404617
they realized, after apocalypse failed, that people didnt want to buy more shit once they already hit the 'acceptable army' amount of points.

so they decided they should just force lords of war into 40k with OP rules to sell their overpriced big shit.

its why age of shitmar is like 90% big retarded models that are overcosted. they are basically just trying to make a game of riptide vs WK.

40k is supposed to be squads of dudes doing tactical shit, not 'lol my 5 big fuckhuge robots that are $100 each just did things', thats what apocalypse was.
>>46404670
you are an idiot
>>
>>46404705

That's not what apocalypse was or is. Apocalypse is ' field your entire collection of models against other large collections'. You seem to really not understand what Apoc is or how little relevancy it has on the impact of other financial decisions.
>>
>>46404565
its a tough choice. i just went with the sautekh scheme, the classic silver/gold/green. I did see some cool pictures in the /wip/ thread i think of some other metallics you can use in place of the silvers for warriors though which were pretty cool, like a metallic blue, green and red which all looked pretty awesome.

the codex also has a few other official schemes. just don't forget unless you buy third party rods for your guns the rods will be green unless you just paint over them ( personally i would advise against that but that's just me, i love the fluro green rods).
>>
>>46404705
>40k is supposed to be squads of dudes doing tactical shit
Maybe Infinity/Warmahordes is more your speed kiddo
>>
>>46404733
no dumbass, apocalypse was 'buy big as fuck tanks, buy big as fuck robots, buy more shit'

when they realizes that didnt sell, they just FORCED you to buy the big as fuck robots in 40k.

if you are too dense to realize this then theres no point even talking to you, you wont realize that they are doing it to drive up the cost entry until you are sitting here posting 'why are GW profits dropping again durr i dont understand'
>>
>>46404755
we aint gotta take shit from a a kiddie youtuber
>>
>>46404779

As best I can tell you don't understand anything about 40k, Apocalypse, or really miniatures gaming at all.

Why don't you just play a different game? Maybe Infinity or Warmahordes? Wouldn't it be better for you to engage in a game more your speed with a gaming company that fits your views regarding the hobby?
>>
>>46404755
retarded taufag detected

go price what a competitive tau army was pre riptide, and compare it to the current competitive tau list with a million riptides.

believe it or not, when tau first came out they were pretty good at being dudes doing tactical shit, before the gundam faggots like you bought big robots and ruined it.
>>
>>46404826
>As best I can tell you don't understand anything about 40k,
>he said after saying that 6 years ago armies werent $300
>he said after saying the balance isnt worse now that it was
fuck off newfag
>>
>>46404670
>Good armies - the ones that placed top table have always been more expensive than an average army.

Imperial Knights and Draigowing are a few exceptions to that rule.

Generally you are right because competitive armies try to field the cheapest, most overpowered and efficient units possible. Usually leading to more squads, more models, and more transports.

Deathstar type units and armies tend to be cheaper.
>>
>>46404846
Nah m8 I play Orks and bought 2 Orkanauts, as insane as this sounds, you don't actually have to play against people who use OP shit this you never have to buy Gundam models. But I'm sure your store is 100% tourney nonstop WAAC players :^)
>>
>>46404926
the WAAC mentality is the prevalent one in the 40k community, to deny this is ignorance on your part.

now that the WAAC mentality has been fed by GW spewing dogshit rules for retarded apoc models, for the last 6 years, is why the game has been getting worse and declining.
>>
>>46404876

Yeah the fact that you think previous edition was better balanced it pretty telling how little you've played.

You have yet to refute armies like Demon Bomb CSM, Craft World Eldar, Wave Serpent Spam, Grey Knight Paladin Star, Flying Circus, etc. These are all armies that were absolutely game breaking and they have existed since 3rd.

Or are you actually going to tell me that the 3rd edition CSM book wasn't OP as fuck and better than nearly every other book out at the time? How about Leaf Blower Guard in 4th? What about Nob Biker stars?

So lets break this down - are you telling me Battle Company is worse than Demon Bomb CSM in 3rd?
>>
>>46404986

False equivalence, Battle Company is not this edition's most problematic build. Riptide Wing, Stormsurges, WKs becoming GCs, everything becoming a MC, power creeping of Stomps everywhere, introduction of IKs and superheavies and grav weaponry, the creation of flyers, the addition of hull points, allowing multiple detachments, broken formation rules like Skyhammer and War Convocation, Eldar getting buffed twice in a row despite already being the best book in the game after the first buff, etc are all far more worrisome than a bunch of ObjSec rhinos and MEQ.

Older editions had plenty of OP shit but 7E has by far the most OP shit. Which is great for people who play those armies, but not if you're playing a weaker codex or someone who doesn't want to play the current builds.
>>
>>46404876

>Leaf Blower was $300 event 20% discount

Really bro? Not even the guy you are arguing with but come on man.
>>
>>46404975
>There is no other way people play than WAAC
You should seriously get off /40KG/ and go play a game, you clearly haven't plagued with a decent human being, or played at all, in a long time
>>
>>46405047
>soda can with a straw in it counts-as Basilisk
>>
>>46404986
Nob bikers weren't even that big a deal, it was simply the only thing orks had that could be called cheese. Their only advantage was wound allocation abuse, which everyone had access to. NobStar was also a 800point squad, pretty damned expensive even for deathstars.
>>
>>46404986
>Grey Knight Paladin Star, Flying Circus
oh you mean the 2 cheapest to buy armies ever?

eldar have always been a cancerous WAACFAG army, but at least back then you didnt need to buy 2 wraithknights on top of your other shit.

try comparing a 5 ed SM list to a current competitive bullshit formation SM list. its basically the same thing, except now you need to get 6 $20 (or more) grav centurions, in addition to 300 more points of shit, oh and the prices got hiked up on eveything by like 25%.

>b-but whys the game dying
gee i fucking wonder
>>
>>46402151
Do you like to Roleplay? Cause playing Codex: CSM will get you right into the mindset of a bitter angry man forced to use outdated technology.
>>
>>46405032

So WK + Scatbikes is worse than Demon Bomb CSM? This is what you are saying yes? As far as health of the game is concerned.
>>
>>46405069
>you clearly haven't plagued with a decent human being

FUCKING NURGLITES

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46405047
>playing leafblower
haha faggot

also guardmen were like $30 for 20 guys back then anyway
>>
>>46404926

>tfw my store actually is 100% tourney nonstop WAAC players

kek
>>
>>46405087

So why do events like Adepticon, NOVA, BAO, and LVO sell out faster every year and have larger attendance?

>>46405109

Get a load of this guy, he thinks you played with Guardsmen in Leaf Blower.
>>
>>46404741
I like the flourescant green as well, I'll check out the wip thread, as I'll have quite some time to decide on a paint scheme before I get them.

Thanks for helping me out, mate!
>>
File: 1456499318964.gif (1 MB, 446x270) Image search: [Google]
1456499318964.gif
1 MB, 446x270
>>46405108
PRANKED NERD

>>46405126
You need a new store
>>
>>46405134
>So why do events like Adepticon, NOVA, BAO, and LVO sell out faster every year and have larger attendance?
why do those events have to write their own rule packs to try to fix the fucking game?
>>
>>46405185

That doesn't answer the question. If 40k is dying and less people are playing why are those events bigger and getting more popular?
>>
>>46405098

CSM wasn't 80% of the field. Eldar are.

All you have to do is look at Adepticon to see how degenerate the game is. It's either Eldar or other cheesy armies built around beating Eldar.

You keep complaining about Daemon Bomb but right now we can literally do that with any army that can generate tons of dice, including the obvious Tzeentch summoning build from Daemons themselves. And we even have Skyhammer and Raven Guard assaulting on turn 1 from deep strike.

So we don't have to deal with Lash anymore. Instead it's just grav, FMCs, superheavies, GCs, Invisibility, Tau, Eldar, etc.
>>
>>46404986
WAAC bullshit has been around forever. I don't think adding in fliers and super heavies has helped the Mets though.
>>
>>46405185
Because autistic neckbeards try to twist the rules as much as they can
>>
>>46405211

Demon bomb wasn't summoning lots of demons. It was infiltrating chosen with guaranteed first turn assault then summoning blood letters into combat from deep strike (3rd edition blood letters with a 3+ and 3rd edition power weapons).
>>
>>46405205
>That doesn't answer the question. If 40k is dying and less people are playing why are those events bigger and getting more popular?
if 40k isnt dying then why are profits dropping like a fucking rock and GW hiking prices up multiple times yearly?

also nice, way to avoid that those events literally have to attempt to rewrite the fucking game just to make it playable.
>>
>>46404705
>AoS models
>overcosted
>costed at all

Was getting caught part of your plan?
>>
>>46405047
I played mech vets/leaf blower and paid about 350 for about 2500 pts of guard. Got a lot of eBay deals though.
>>
>>46405260

If 40k is dying and less people are playing why are 40k events gaining more draw?

You made the assertion but cannot answer the question. Deflecting with other questions doesn't actually answer the question - you realize this right? You said 40k is dying and less people are playing - I asked you a question about that. Now you won't answer it.
>>
File: Oh-boy-here-we-go-again.jpg (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Oh-boy-here-we-go-again.jpg
50 KB, 250x250
>>46405260
>profits dropping like a rock
>>
>>46405287

Maybe he meant money wise? AoS cavalry is notoriously expensive.
>>
>>46405205
These events aren't 40k-exclusive. Other games are getting more popular and new games have been up and coming communities.
>>
>>46405254
>Demon bomb wasn't summoning lots of demons
>It was...summoning blood letters

Bruh.

1. We can summon daemons still.
2. We can deep strike turn 1 still.
3. We can even infiltrate Chosen and even better units.

I don't know how you can claim a game where an army of 5 superheavies walking around, vortex weapons, void shields, and strength D are SPAMMED where Unbound is an option but is WEAKER than the top builds is more balanced than 3E just because of daemon bomb.
>>
>>46405341

So the major draw of LVO, BAO, NOVA, and Adepticon aren't 40k and 40k doesn't dominate the scheduling of these events?
>>
>>46405309
>If 40k is dying and less people are playing why are 40k events gaining more draw?
the internet, and the fact that the regular game is so unplayable that people have to go to events where the rewrite the fucking rules.

why are 90% of the armies at those events abusing big OP shit models that GW just came out with in the last 6 years?

why do they have to rewrite the rules to try to contain the bullshit?
>>
Skyhammer turn 1 grav alpha striking and then disorganized charging the entire enemy army with 4 combat squadded assault squads is far far far more broken than daemon bomb ever was. The one saving grace is no more consolidating into combat.
>>
>>46405358
>Adepticon
actually 40k is pretty much a backseat there, yeah
>>
>>46405358
I answered your question.

Just because a gas station sells new food doesn't mean people stop going there for gas.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1536x2048
>>46402151
Chaos Space Marines, because you can use all the space marine bits your friends dumped to make unique and interesting squad leaders or chaos lords! You want grim, serious, baby eating marines or relatively human, casual pirate marines focused on freedom and finding a nice cigar? Chaos marines run the gamut and aren't limited by the Codex. Sweet-ass Dinobot mostrosities in your heavy weapons slot instead of more Rhinos with turrets or another gun.
An old codex that offers customization options for HQ's and benefits for combat success! Play Chaos Space Marines and build your own front in the war against the False Emperor!
>>
File: muhtombworld.jpg (621 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
muhtombworld.jpg
621 KB, 1296x968
My tomb world is slowly coming online!

I think I'll pick up a ghost arc next.
>>
>>46405546
how the fuck did you get martian ironearth to work

mine won't fucking crack

am i puting too much or too little?
>>
>>46405601
I slapped it on pretty damn thick, so I would assume too little. Even if i heap on excessive amounts it just results in thicker and deeper cracks for me, so if you are getting no cracks at all, try to put on more of it. I also paint the base in mournfang brown first. not sure if that undercoat has an effect on it though.
>>
>>46405601
You need a lot. Basically glob it on rather than painting it smooth.
>>
>>46405768
>>46405790
Ah, I've been doing smooth coats of it. That would do it.
>>
>>46405601

Too little. Take everything you learned about thinning paints and doing multiple layers and throw it out the window. Slop that shit on there.
>>
>>46405812
Yeah leaving ridges, streaks and globs are what result in the patterns. the cracks themselves are random but if you leave a large ridge of paint running through a base the crack pattern will follow along it.
>>
File: dorn.jpg (184 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
dorn.jpg
184 KB, 601x500
>>46402115
>>
>>46405546
I love your necrons, newbro.

would play against/10
>>
>>46405546
those necron deff kopters are cute af
>>
When buying used models, how do you prefer them? Just the bits, assembled with no paint, assembled and primed, or fully painted?
>>
>>46406215
>>46406552
Thanks guys!
>>
>>46406853
the closer to their original state the better, price willing
>>
>>46406853
on sprue
>>
>>46406853
depends on how they're painted 70% of the time i really wish they were just on the sprue. you don't know horror until you have to strip an exalted seeker chariot
>>
>>46406853

I don't buy used models. The most used I will buy is new off sprue.
>>
>>46406853
Cheap.
>>
>>46405546
those are some sexy necrons.
>>
>>46405093
Holy shit, Preston.
>>
F*ck Eldar
>>
All these new board games and the delicious terrain/board pieces. Do they fit together well at all? Has anyone seen the scout board game yet?
>>
When will GW release a Duncan Rhodes love pillow, or his face on a paint pallets
>>
>>46405546
That is that earth technical paint on the bases correct?, when did you apply it?, how did you paint it without damaging it?
>>
So, after a few years of Fantasy, I'm ditching Sigmar. I'm going to use my Skaven as Counts-As-AdMech. Which AdMech units should each Skaven unit replace?
>>
It looks like /v/ found Matt Ward

>>>/v/332886587
>>
>>46405546
>New player
>Knows what he wants
>Models are based
>Has a consistent color scheme
>painting style is clean but efficient
>Good selection of units

Best new player I've ever seen, I would kill to have you as a gaming buddy
>>
>>46408332
As 30k Tech Thralls.
>>
>>46408332
They'd have to be Skitarii most likely, or a combo of them and Cult Mech. Another possibility is to use the 30k Cults and Militia list which is meant for damn near anything from myriad humans to minor Xenos. If skitarii, Jezzails and others that have actual guns can be the Rangers/Vanguard. Your war machines are dune crawlers and walkers.
>>
>>46408297

They have a red version now grandpa.
>>
>>46408261

Can't paint my army, Ma, too busy painting mustaches on Duncan.
>>
>>46405546
Those are very nice my friend! I'll be getting two of the starter boxes, one for me, and one for my younger sibling.

I'll be painting mine in an inverted version of the Sautekh colors, gold bodies with silver, instead of silver bodies with gold. The green will stay the same however.

I'll expect to be finish them during the summer, most likely, possibly July.
>>
>>46405479
That's the Lord I made for a friend. Surprised anyone saved that pic.
>>
>>46408332
brilliant idea
>>
So how do I beat Tau as IG? I can't even use cover against these motherfuckers.
>>
>>46408423
Ah, Didn't know, is it possible to paint it other colours without destroying the cracks? I was going to do one in dark gray/blue etc
>>
>>46408538
psychic powers and cqc. tau have excellent shooting and can even out gun you. take a look at your decurion the Cadian Battle Group
>>
>>46402115
that faggot is dead and failed it's only job. Worst Primarch/10
>>
How should I do my bases?
Should I leave them unpainted, or do something with them?
>>
File: 1449619497019.jpg (247 KB, 551x514) Image search: [Google]
1449619497019.jpg
247 KB, 551x514
>>46408638
>Worst Primarch
>>
>>46408649
if you are feeling really uninspired texture or technical paint
>>
>>46408649
You could always flock them or glue some sand and bits of cork to em.

Basing is almost as important as painting really. A good base can make a 4/10 mini jump to a 6 or a 7 easily.
>>
File: img4e7b9adc9257b.jpg (178 KB, 729x547) Image search: [Google]
img4e7b9adc9257b.jpg
178 KB, 729x547
How does the 40k general feel about this colour scheme for necrons?. probable not the best pic for example but the best representation for what I meant.
>>
>>46408698
Personally, I like it. Beats the same old silver, green and bits of gold literally everyone else does. It's not the color scheme I would personally use but it's definitely good.
>>
>>46408667
>>46408689
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info!

>>46408698
Doesn't look bad to me, could use a higher quality pic, however.

>>46408714
Marsha's right.
But what if I do Gold, Silver, and bits of Green? Is that fine?
>>
>>46408544
You can, but it's difficult. I don't know if this is the only way, but D-God did a video of it, here:
https://youtu.be/uH5C6_TxPr8
>>
>>46408714
I am also just starting out as a newcron player, I've been wrestling Colour schemes for the past few days now, With my final scheme being like the picture above but with the generic green shit, At the end just replacing the silver with blue and more gold high lights.
>>
>>46408698
I think it's pretty cool, to say the least. As long as the gold and purple is used tastefully, I don't think it'll be too flashy, but it breaks the boring mold of grey+(color) necrons.
>>
>>46408731
>But what if I do Gold, Silver, and bits of Green? Is that fine?
Should be if you do it right. I assume you mean something like this, only with green where the teal is? It'd look great like that.
>>
>>46408778
Yeah actually. Pretty much an inverted Sautekh color scheme. I didn't want to do the boring Silver and Gold with the Green bits, so I wanted to do the slightly less boring Gold and Silver with Green bits.

That, and it means I can still use Duncan's video to paint mine, just in reverse, sort of.

>>46408770
That sounds pretty sweet man.
>>
>>46407190
>>46408360
>>46408440
Thanks friends!
>>
Whats wrong with this list /tg/?
>>
>>46408978

5 detachments?
>>
>>46408978
Is 1850 point the standard? Newbie here, sorry if its a dumb question.
>>
File: HonourGuardGroup.jpg (108 KB, 696x429) Image search: [Google]
HonourGuardGroup.jpg
108 KB, 696x429
Hey guys, wanting to get back into the hobby with a smallish (500pt) Inquisition force. I had sold off my armies but kept my bitzbox and a few unopened kits like the Empire Militia, Sion, Guardmen and a few other things.

Anyway I have enough bits to make a fairly colorful army like pic related but I've got no idea what would make effective well rounded squad load-outs. I men I planned on making a squad of Crusaders supported by flamer wielding acolytes but I have no idea how much of a shit idea this is.

tl:dr what do you guys suggest I put in my acolyte squads?
>>
>>46409022
Nah, thats legal. Look at the unit choices, something won't add up.

>>46409039
Thats the tournament format.
>>
>>46408978
well, you got 5 detachments but they don't really fit together. no anti flyers or ranged weapons over. you got azrael but he doesn't have a blob or terminators to hang with. either you're trying to use a bunch of cool stuff or you don't know what you're doing
>>
>>46409059
Not my list, its an adepticon list. Check the unit choices.
>>
>>46409066
eh, i don't know loyalist stuff well enough but i'm not feeling it
>>
>>46409048
as long as you have a plan for your squads they will do fine

an agressive squad consisting of a mix of:
>flamers
>crusaders
>death cult assassins
>a priest

will do great in assault if you can get them there

if you want to do some long range shooting, mix a jakero or two with some servitors and put them min a camera so they can fire out while driving around

inquisitors get a lot of cool toys but they aren't the awesome hears on the table that they are in the books... especially in a 500 point game try not to deck out your inquisitor too much. It will be the rest of your warband that actually gets stuff done.

also if you'd like deepstriking special weapons consider scions as allies.
>>
>>46408978
Looks like he's going to run all the HQ units together as a biker gang.
>>
>>46409057

Are you saying there's some "when you see it" thing? Or are you just saying the math is off?

Or are you just asking for our thoughts on the list?

The list is unoptimized with things like single sniper scout squads, CCW scouts, no khan in the WS, etc.
>>
>>46409131
Top Imperial Adepticon list uses Lone Wolves as a mandatory slot, which as I understand it you can't do.
>>
>>46408622
How does one use IG as cqc? Should I just ram his riptides with my tanks or pray that the God-Emperor has blessed my bayonets?
>>
>>46408978
oh is that the list that won adepticon?
>>
>>46409057
Thank you :)
>>
>>46409151
blob guard with priests, inquistors, psykers.

>>46409152
i guess no one brought battlecannons or large blasts to the tournament? that deathstar is asking for punishment
>>
>>46402561
The sides are the rhino spaced armour kit (not the extra armour kit)
>>
>>46409151
priests, shotgun vets, ccw command squads, bullgryns, rough riders

your goal is not so much to kill in the assault because you can't, but to try and sweep squads weakened by your big guns
>>
>>46409147

It might be a Champions of Fenris thing. That supplement is made for making an all veteran list.
>>
>>46409147

Champions of Fenris is 1 HQ 2 Elites, not 1 HQ 2 Troops.
>>
>>46409059
>>46409110
If what I glanced over this morning was right, that's the list than won adepticon.
>>
Quick question for lore knowledgeable people, does the organ on the Taus' forehead mean you could really skullfuck a female?
>>
>>46409735
i sincerely doubt it
it would be like trying to fuck someone in the nose
>>
>>46409743

Alright thanks Mr/Mrs. Hull
>>
Argue the credibility of S10 over S9 for Sx2 TWC without mentioning semantics or "it's the base statline hurr durr".
>>
>>46410047
How about no.
>>
>>46409238
Lone wolves are an elite slot unless you take them as free choices per the requirements.
>>
>>46406939
Thats not horror. I bought a chimera online and the previous owner used...something. car paints or something like that. Can't strip the damn paint of, without damaging the model
>>
>>46410088
Sounds like terrain piece time.
>>
>>46404455
Do you have a link? I'd like to see how his army looked like
>>
>>46410047
>Argue why something is better without giving the reasons its better
>>
>>46410047
If I remember correctly there was a FAQ in 5th/6th edition addressing that saying that they were S10
Also that question composed something like 20% of the question in the FAQ post of FB40k so I suppose there will be an answer soon (if they don't just go "Fuck those autists", since another 30% of questions were "Are BA/SW/GK Scouts/Dreadnoughts with the same stats of the vanilla ones" and 45% were "When are you making the new CSM/Nids/Orks/IG codex")
>>
>>46408978
Nothing. It seems very solid Wolfstar-list.
>>
They brought Daemonifuge back, is it the old or does it contain new stuff?
It is on games workshop 40k site.

Is it a sign, SoB might make a comeback?
>>
So I need to look more into Space Wolf fluff but my friend and I had started 40k together a while back. I am playing Dark Angels. There is a 2v2 2000pts league come summer we would really like to get in on.
We already decided to be complete faggots and paint our power armour the same colour. I won the coin toss so we are forging the narrative of a Dark Angel Successor Chapter. I want to get the Deathwatch biker for my RW Librarian. Will have to post in /wip/ soon to see about conversations.
My question is though, how do I fluff Dark Angels in Wolves? My thoughts are the Chapter sent a force of Ravenwing to capture some Thunderwolves during the bombardment of the Debris system but I haven't read the Wulfen yet so am not sure if they could do that.
I think I may focus on Ravenwing for my first 1000pts, perhaps the Successor has some time to SW or WS to explain the fur all over my friends gear.
>>
>>46410261
The Immolator has been unlisted, and most of the infantry has been out of stocks for weeks or months, and some of it even listed as totally out of stock. All of their forgeworld product has also been discontinued, except maybe the BRRRRRRRRT flyer but I can't be assed to doublecheck that.

Hopefully this means Immolator/Repressor dual kit, with Spaced-Armour included instead of the generic tiny reinforced armor.

While a digital Daemonifuge would be an easy cashgrab, this is a hardcover release, which is kinda risky for such a niche old comic.

It'd be great if it was a sign of sisters finally getting models.
>>
>>46410525
At this point I am willing to take anything.
The army is constantly "falling apart" and I doubt GW is even producing metal minis anymore, so its only stock they sell.
>>
Would you play against the following House Rules?

All Space Marines have +1 Wound, but cost X*10 points more, where X is the amount of wounds before the House Rule.

All Walkers locked in melee can fire their weapons in the shooting phase at the unit they are locked in melee with. Template does 1d6 hits.
>>
http://bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Jermey-Martino-1st-Overall-Omegacon-2016.pdf

>0 big suits
>0 "op" formations
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 683x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 683x476
>>46402151
How do you like your things to go.

Pic Related.
>>
>>46410626
Yeah, nah. Proves nothing. Also that list is AIDS to read. Could you fucking not use armybuilder? I know its a trick to fool your opponent (and I do the same thing with War Convocation) but jesus christ.
>>
>>46410505
Are you sure you want to go that way? Sure, you will have a cohesive army for that tournament, but than your SW friend will have to play and paint his army as a DA Successor for the rest of his gaming life.
If you want to go that way anyway you should consider that:
>The TWC is a SW secret. Not as much as the whole Unforgiven thing but in the same vein
>The DA successor chapters don't have that much of a connection with the chapters outside of their "family", since they are in everything but name still a legion.
>>
>>46409125

Hey man, thanks for the feedback.

I like the sound of making a fairly decent sized assault squad being supported be a few smaller squads. Should be fun.
>>
>>46410615
First one? Probably. Might want to double-check costs to make sure it works, but it seems fine.

Second one feels really odd. I guess it's trying to go for letting shooty-walkers behave more like tanks rather than trying to fight in CC? I don't think this works very well though.
>>
>>46410615
>Would you play against the following House Rules?
>
>All Space Marines X*10 points more, where X is the amount of wounds before the House Rule
and still melt against a Battlecannon costing less than their unit.
>>
>>46410701
>>46410615
Actually I like the second rule better. Walkers need little help and that would tip the balance a bit in their favor. Their chief rivals, MCs, get Smash so thats fair and all.

Also melee-centric walkers are total shitbags. They need a help.
>>
File: 1458393470437.png (149 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1458393470437.png
149 KB, 351x351
so im the anon who got busted using chinaman steel legionaries.

the shop owner told me i can use my steel legionaries, and he was meaning that i should not buy more, so i was thinking about buying some chinaman kriegers and make mixed squads with my steel legionaries, is it a good idea?
>>
>>46410757
I think you should weigh losing access to a pretty cool LGS who provide you good value in facilities and communal paints against whatever savings you're making.

If saving some cash now costs you more than that in petrol money driving to the next-nearest game store, it's not really a good saving.
>>
>>46410505
If you must steal wolf things, don't have them literally be stolen wolf things in setting.

I've debated doing a heavy Roman-aesthetic Ultramarines-counts-as-SWs, Romulus and Remus style.
>>
>>46410650
Damn son, you really proved a point there.
>>
>>46410757
Wait, he busts you for using old models that GW doesnt produce anymore? What a shitty owner.
>>
>>46410836
You can still buy Steel Legion from GW.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Steel-Legion-Squad

He got told off for bringing blatant recasts into the store so he could use the store's paints for free on forged models.
>>
>>46410834
Neither did you. Theres no info about the tourney, rulepack, his opponents and how he played. For all we know that might have been 12 player "tournament" where he clubbed 3 baby seals.

So post more info or stop trolling.

(Also as far as I can see, that list isnt really even that bad. You can go pretty damn far with crisis-star)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.