[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How tall is a Space Marine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 19355_warhammer_40k_space_marine.jpg (446 KB, 1918x1116) Image search: [Google]
19355_warhammer_40k_space_marine.jpg
446 KB, 1918x1116
How tall is a Space Marine?
>>
You could have literally googled the answer faster instead of making this thread.

You could also have posted this in the 40k general.
>>
>>46394115
Space Marines Ain't giant. The height of minis gotta be compared with true-scale IG such as steel legion. Karl Kopinski aka "BIG K" is not my canon. he is a decent painter but probally misinformed. John and JES not Karl and ADRIAN ok. praise goodwin
>>
So much that a common defence against them should be very tight corridors. Force the motherfuckers to dig across the bunker/ship.
>>
File: 1450233921360.jpg (320 KB, 1024x1463) Image search: [Google]
1450233921360.jpg
320 KB, 1024x1463
>>46394115
Personally, I headcanon them out at 7 1/2 feet on average. Slightly larger in their armor, with some variance up and down for exceptionally big/exceptionally short Space Marines.
So, very large people, but not actually inhumanly so. Yao Ming is 7'6", an exceptionally large man, but he can still make his way through most regular environments and doesn't suffer any exceptional challenges due to his height.
>>
>>46394534
Eh, 7-8 feet isn't really THAT tall for most places. The majority of buildings I've been in have, at minimum, 8 foot ceilings, and most have 9ft ones. They'd probably have a bit of difficulty in tighter spaces, but that's what flamers and power armor is for.

Also, their size is actually an advantage in the tight quarters of ships/bunkers, believe it or not. Because they often occupy the majority of the hallways, it's very difficult to move past them, dislodge them from a position, or shoot behind them and take out multiple Marines at once with heavier weapons. It also means that boarding shields, when carried, are significantly more effective because they basically take up the whole hallway (and that's in narrow corridors - many places in 40K ships are actually quite huge, because they're miles long vessels). Furthermore, their power armor means they can tank shots that would kill regular soldiers with little difficulty, and can punch/charge through obstacles that other foes can't because of their augmented strength and weight (which again makes them harder to dislodge).

Being a big dude is an advantage for a Space Marine.
>>
7-8 feet with outliers in either direction.
>>
>>46394115
Mods ban this trash
>>
>>46394115
Who's The tallest primarch and how tall are they?
>>
>>46396123
Vulkan
>>
>>46396123
Vulkan naturally, and he's pushing 11 feet. At least compared to other Primarchs in their armor. Notably Horus in Terminator armor.
>>
File: Ultramarines_Marines_5_0.jpg (965 KB, 1920x2277) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarines_Marines_5_0.jpg
965 KB, 1920x2277
7 feet is the official number, but books and official artwork varies greatly. I just headcanon it as 7 being the lowest and 8+ feet as rare extremes.

>>46394534
>implying they can't just force their way through it

>>46395736
You also have to take in account how their armor works. When in a firing stance, all they present to their enemy is their
>reinforced leg armor
>extended kneepad that protects knee joints
>reinforced arm armor that also protects their belly
>elbow pads protecting elbow joints
>bolter that also protects their chest
>reinforced pauldrons that also protect the neck
>helmet above their eyes
So their only weak point is the eyes, which require a really precise shot. Hit slightly lower and it deflects from the pauldrons, slightly higher and it hits the armored helmet. So you either have to score repetitive hits on their "normal" armor with stronger weaponry or bring heavy weaponry that can easily penetrate those parts. At the same time, those reinforced parts can possibly take multiple hits from them, so again you have to be precise.
>>
28mm
>>
>>46394115
Depends on the setting.
No, 40K did not invent the trope of marines in space.
>>
>>46394115
The problem is retards thinking that Space Marine height is consistent. It isn't. Space Marine height depends on the genes of the child that is inducted into the ranks of the Astartes and the state of the gene-seed used on him. For example Pollux during the Great Crusade was a nine foot tall behemoth fast approaching primarch sizes, and the Black Dragons Chapter is entirely made of giant space marines standing over three meters tall with giant bone swords sprouting from their arms and growing fucking HORNS.

>>46396532
There is no official number. 40K has no canon, anything Jes Goodwin says is no more canon than what C.S. Goto spews out in his toilet.
>>
>>46396970
Also forgot as well, there's examples of short guys too. During the Horus Heresy there was a manlet space marine that was only around 6'6 tall.
>>
>>46396161
>>46396203
I thought Magnus was the tallest, even without his biomancy?
>>
File: 745px-Magnus_and_Scarab_Occult.jpg (224 KB, 745x600) Image search: [Google]
745px-Magnus_and_Scarab_Occult.jpg
224 KB, 745x600
>>46396161
>>46396203
Magnus was the biggest Primarch. Here's him next to Termie Marines.
>>
>>46396556

Technically Correct. And that's the best kind of Correct.
>>
>>46397586
> "I am surrounded by manlets."
>>
>>46394635
I agree with this. Anything like 8 feet plus and you start wondering how they get in and out of normal buildings.

ALSO fuck these stupid ass disappearing capchas
>>
>>46397586
>the biggest primarch is the biggest nerd
>>
>>46397577
Did anyone ever even see Magnus without his biomancy? I mean couldn't he have been using it all the time?
>>
>>46396532
Why aren't knight helmets standard issue again?
>>
>>46399678
Anon, it's 40k. Normal buildings have fifty foot tall ceilings.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.