[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forgeworld will cease production of the old Mk IV Dreadnough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: ss (2016-04-01 at 12.16.35).jpg (128 KB, 730x885) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-01 at 12.16.35).jpg
128 KB, 730x885
Forgeworld will cease production of the old Mk IV Dreadnoughts, both neutral and faction, as well as some other things such as the Macharius Omega and Grot bomb.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/Warhammer-40-000?Nao=0&Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102813+4294965218&qty=8&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat2140034

Discuss? Are they making new molds, or has the 30k stuff simply outsold it into obscurity?
>>
I guess GW manager responsible for squatting things got into frenzy and WHFB was not enough for him.
>>
>>46389554
I know that Sonic Dreads are actually quite popular, so they're likely reworking the Chaos Dreads into being much more in line with Helbrutes, so as Legions can get appropriate ones.

So I hope.
>>
>>46389591
>so they're likely reworking the Chaos Dreads into being much more in line with Helbrutes,
You mean aesthetics-wise? Seem reasonable, but it's odd that they'd also stop making the loyalist and neutral variants then.
>>
>>46389750
Keep in mind that all of the Chaos Mk IV dreads are extremely old. I'm unsure of the exact dates but they're from long before the Elysian line, and that dates back to 05. Maybe the molds are ancient and worn out, maybe they just want to give them a new look for the 30k line that can also replace the old 40k models, maybe both. It looks like they're purging the old models that aren't popular at the same time. Rest in piss, Macharius Omega.

But for real though, a new sonic dread that looks as good as the Mhara Gal? I'm pretty excited.
>>
>>46389554
Keep in mind that it's not the entire Mk IV line. Stuff like the Ultramarine, Dark Angel, and Chaplain dreads are still there. Judging by the content it looks like they're culling ANCIENT Mk IV molds that are going to get updated 30k equivalents whilst also clearing out shit like the Sabre platforms that never sells.
>>
welp
>ork grot bombs, kannons, big zzapas & kill krusha
not like I wanted an IA8 update anyway...
>>
File: 1437275103437.jpg (54 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
1437275103437.jpg
54 KB, 600x449
Could it be that GW realize that Helbrute can't completely replace the original Dread, and so, give us a plastic kit?

Sonic Dread was one of the most awesome piece they ever made, with some truly awesome rules.
>>
>>46390108
Yeah, updated MkIV sounds like a thing. Then again, GW's Venerable Dread is basically the same thing, so it's possible they don't aim to compete.

>Sabre platforms that never sells

What do you mean? Cheap AA platforms that are part of Infantry Platoons.
>>
>>46390829
Would be cool. Helbrutes can be the "venerable" dreads that have stared into the abyss too long while regular Chaos dreads would be less insane and demonic.
>>
>>46390474
They're getting rid of the Kil Krusha? That's comparatively new compared to a lot of their stuff...
>>
>>46390474
>war is 'ell, boyz
>>
>>46392044
Really wanted a kill krusha too...

But they're £30 more expensive than a kill bursta that will do their job better for less than 100 more points.

Still the model was fantastic, anyone know of any recasters picking it up? All the ones i can find seem to be concentrating on 30k.
>>
So there policy is to actively give based chinaman customers then?

GG, I guess.
>>
>>46390084
I liked the Macharius Omega. It's pretty similar to the Stormblade, though, and presumably people are less inclined to take open-topped tanks.
>>
>>46389554
Those 4 kits together sells less than the warlord... i think we are at 400+ Warlord sold now, i think the last Certificate i saw was the 402
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.