[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Npc tries to trick party to give them power >I drop a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Im surrounded by idiots.gif (484 KB, 500x242) Image search: [Google]
Im surrounded by idiots.gif
484 KB, 500x242
>Npc tries to trick party to give them power
>I drop a bunch of hints hoping they will think things through for once
>Like jeez a bunch of hints
>Like as close to be besides the npc saying "hey I'm super evil by the way"
>They go for it anyway
>Help obvious villain until they unleash their full abilities
>Battle breaks out
>players lose
>Get mad at me for their incompitence
>>
>>46387940
How mediocre
>>
>>46387958
It was mostly just a test to see if they'll wise up for once. They treat the game like it's a freaking skyrim thinking they just gotta follow the quest goal. I thought something cliche and unoriginal might be easy enough for them to start down the right path.
>>
>>46387940
Maybe they actually wanted to be the villain's evil lieutenants or something and weren't expecting them to kill off a useful pawn?
>>
>>46388102
No, they thought it was a nice guy... I'm not even joking they thought they were helping the person for the greater good.
>>
>>46388152
The greater good
>>
File: 1435312092441.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1435312092441.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>46387940
>Shit is finally picking up pace
>BBEG is offering to suit us up, maybe even give a free level up or two, and we can flip this campaign around
>Everyone is getting hype but the DM is being weird about this
>Keeps on being a faggot about how we shouldn't join this Palpatine-esque guy simply because he's "evil"
>Oh well, it's not like we're going to turn our backs on him or anything. We'll serve dutifully and become great assets to him, cementing our place in the coming Empire.
>That asshole merchant better watch his ass, I'm coming back to burn his store down to the gro-
>Asshole DM kills us because he can't into big picture villians and wanted some boring ass, black and white, good versus evil bullshit

Shame on you.
>>
>>46388102
>>46388174
From the sound of things, specifically this line here

>Help obvious villain until they unleash their full abilities

It sounds like they initiated combat after they realized "Holy shit, this guy's evil".
>>
File: 845522.gif (53 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
845522.gif
53 KB, 350x233
>>46388174
Foolish player.

The GM is not here for your amusement.

You're here for his.
>>
>>46388174
watch that edge bro
>>
>>46388174
>it wasn't the BBEG it was someone seperate
>The person did actually offer to let them join
>they refused

Sorry I didn't explain the whole story anon
>>
File: 1370585483678.gif (2 MB, 320x203) Image search: [Google]
1370585483678.gif
2 MB, 320x203
>>46388191
>evil = 365 days, and full on 24/7 days a week of pure Charles Manson mode
>>
>>46388170
Stop it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.