[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #766: It Was Just A Dream Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 1459445873110.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1459445873110.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46374042
>>
>We're still in a dream
SNAKE EATER
>>
So how does Dresden Files magic work? What is it capable of?

I know people have said it's supposed to be extremely flexible.
>>
File: DRAW FOUR THE FORBIDDEN ONE.jpg (187 KB, 460x574) Image search: [Google]
DRAW FOUR THE FORBIDDEN ONE.jpg
187 KB, 460x574
>>46386471
What sort of trophies do you keep, /jc/?

Weapons and armor? Heads and pelts? The preserved bodies of your enemies, possibly still semi-conscious?
>>
You ever work on something for a build that you don't really have to and probably won't make use of until several jumps later just because you want to?
>>
Last thread, people were talking about how you would retain perk granted experience in Light of Terra.

If I had something that gave me the training and experience of a Spec-Ops soldier, would that carry over?
>>
>>46386516
I harvest the souls of fallen enemies to either craft into weapons or store in glass jars.
>>
>>46386511
It can do pretty much anything. It's soft capped rather than hard capped, if you have enough energy to burn there's not much you can't do. Some things, though, cause magical feedback that will damage your soul, though. So don't do those. Here's a list: http://dresdenfiles.wikia.com/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Magic
>>
>>46386516
Let's see, the Captain from Hellsin's guns, Jasper's gem form, Kishin Asura trapped in the Prison from Swords and Sorcery, ADAM's embryo form, Gendo's glasses, a pelt made out of Kyuubey, and probably more that I can't remember.
>>
>>46386516
Bits of my defeated foes, with their souls bound inside them for later use. I like to choose symbolically appropriate trophies. Like a feather from a sky spirit, or a fang from a ravening beast, stuff like that. Willingly-given trophies are also acceptable, containing bits of their magic but nothing permanently damaging to them, but those are more "mementos" than "trophies".
>>
To the guy from last thread doing FMA as their second jump: you mentioned getting combat training only because it is free. Just letting you know that if that was the perk from Pokémon drop-in only gets a discount on in.

If you meant something from FMA then ignore me.
>>
What does "Anon, It's You!" from Robocop jump actually _do_? Does it basically ensure continuity of identity in cases of brain uploading/copying that would normally bring up existential questions? Is it a trap in that you might end up, say, getting devoured by a Warp Demon only to discover that you're somehow still "you" in an I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream scenario?
>>
>>46386603
No. But if you spent the time in a jump learning and undergoing training to get that, then you'd keep it.
>>
>>46386516
I started keeping blood samples from those with interesting qualities in bloodborne
I also have a very impressive collection of liquor
>>
File: Canopus.png (405 KB, 399x428) Image search: [Google]
Canopus.png
405 KB, 399x428
>46385944
>spoiler

That reminds me-this is literally what Canopus' boss battle stage looks like.

Between this and Lord Ao it sounds like someone's been real busy post-Spark.
>>
>>46386603
>you would retain perk granted experience in Light of Terra.
Not quite. You retain information you've learned outside perks, which could be through using learning perks to learn stuff normally rapidly or by using perk-granted knowledge frequently enough and while paying enough attention that you've "learned" it yourself; you'll still lose any bits of information or skill that you haven't worked on, and things like if you have a perk granting you great fighting abilities but all your experience using it is in conjunction with superpowers, perk granted speed or strength, an altform that differs enough from your base form that it doesn't transfer across well and so on you'll still have trouble. Similar situations with things like tech perks you've used a lot on stuff that runs on a different set of physics to 40k.
>>
More fate questions! Because holy shit it's been 2 days and I'm still working on my servant.
Would an EX rank Anti-Army NP that creates an area around the servant where Immortality, Regeneration and the like are nullified be reasonable?
I want something that is functionally similar to Vijñaptimātratā: Mystic Eyes of Death Perception in that it would allow the killing of something that could not be normally killed
>>
>>46386882
Depending on the level of the thing you are facing, yes. Nullifying Gilgamesh's immortality in Fate Prototype or making it so that Nrvnsqr or Roa can't regenerate or reincarnate into a new body when killed? Sure. Making a TYPE have a concept of death and be killable? No.
>>
>>46386851
>>46386721
Huh. Alright then.
>>
>>46386783
Hope you don't get those mixed up, even as a vampire having a sip of kaiju blue wouldn't be a very pleasant experience.
>>
>>46386939
Alright, that's reasonable.
Would Vijñaptimātratā be able to kill a TYPE? I know Gun God takes out at least one with the Black Barrel but does anything else pose the same level of threat to a TYPE? Or any actual threat at all?
>>
>>46386977
They are very carefully labeled, you don't want to have to try and remember what someone's blood smelt like more than once...
>>
I know there are different forms of summons out there, but is there anyway I could increase the number of Elder Scrolls elements I can use at once to the sort of numbers that would be useful in war?

I don't need to be able to summon an army all at once, I just want to be able to maintain lots of them.
>>
>>46387037
My understanding is that basically any Servant can do will do jack shit against a TYPE

The only exceptions I can think of are Kiara (who isn't a Servant anyway, but has an NP capable of affecting things beyond the planet), /maybe/ Full Power Excalibur backed up by Gaia (because it allegedly has planetary defence capabilities when its' super special snowflake mode is at full capacity), /maybe/ Arcuied (because she's basically Gaia's TYPE) and maybe Solomon (because he's Nasu's attempt to one-up Gil in every parameter except actually being a good character)
>>
>>46387037
I don't know, if Shiki Ryouji could then yes because it's basically just her eyes used normally. You can't get it either way.

In terms of things that pose threats to types, there's not much. Zelretch in his prime using the 2nd Magic, possibly Extra Gil (Iffy on that one), Ado Edem/Slash Emperor, BB when controlling the Moon Cell and Kiara in her Demon mode. Those are the only TYPE level things that come to mind off the top of my head. Barring other TYPEs, ARCHETYPEs and related things like Alaya or Counter Guardians, since they're all under the same umbrella.

Er, on that note- the Noble Phantasm won't let you replicate the MEoDP. All it'd do is just mean you have the chance at killing normally immortal things, not that you can see the lines or dots or anything else relating to those eyes.
>>
*anything a Servant can do

And to clarify, the main reason why TYPES are so buff is because they run on entirely different concepts of physics to Gaian life, and also because as embodiments of the planet they probably have astronomically higher reserves of magical energy than almost any non-TYPE
>>
Where can I find the most powerful computer systems?
>>
>>46387185
When in doubt, it's probably Marvel/DC.
>>
>>46387127
>>46387150
>>46387158
Alright, thanks all.
And yeah, the Noble Phantasm is just about cancelling immortality and the like
>>
>>46387150
>Zelretch in his prime

I always thought Brunestud was pretty wimpy as TYPES go since he was much less buff than the things in Notes

>Alaya or Counter Guardians

You mean collectively, right? It was said it'd take 5 Guardians to match Primate Murder, and since Alaya's basically Gaia's split personality I don't see it faring well against a unified planet's avatar

>Extra GIl

Oh man. Theoretically his ridiculous FTL ship should just let him ram into them to cover the "can still be destroyed physically" clause of TYPE weaknesses. I don't even know what Ea's status is since it originally targets the World as a concept but Extra!Ea is evidently way buffer than Stay/Night Ea to the point of being able to oneshot any enemy on low health, including Kiara (admittedly after Gil was charged up by his Origin, and because Kiara was nerfed twice over from fighting the sakura AIs and from Hans' phantasm screwing her wish over)
>>
>>46387185
I am not an expert on the series but I think it might be webmage. I believe they have a computer system that runs everyone's fate.
If we ever get around to having one an Ah my goddess jump might actually have something that equals or trumps that.
>>
So, uh, while we're talking about Fate, it's possible to learn True Magic in the jumps, right?

How would I go about learning the Second Magic?
>>
>>46387220
Well, we never really get to see the fight, though there is one amazing fanfic that describes it. One of the few Nasuverse fanfics that doesn't manage to either get things wrong or get further up it's own asshole then Nasu himself.

Yes. Collectively the Counter Force of Alaya/Alaya's Beasts/Counter Guardians (There is so many fucking terms for things in this series) is basically half a TYPE or at least a good fraction of it, so it should have a chance against other TYPEs.

Yeah, Gil's status is a bit confusing in terms of what power level he's actually at in Extra compared to his other incarnations.

>>46387254
It is possible. It's also very hard.

That's your problem, have fun.
>>
>>46387260
Could Zelretch theoretically follow us to other jumps?
Because if he can I highly doubt he would be doing it for any reason besides pranks.
>>
>>46387286
He won't, he gets frozen in time once you leave. Post Spark, maybe, maybe not. He's a funny guy so it could be fun to hang out with him and prank people post spark.
>>
>>46387260
>amazing fanfic

Link please? I kinda want to see this, if it's anything like Nobody Dies' Zeruel battles.
>>
>>46387286
In a way I kind of hope so and in a way I hope not. I missed the old drawback where the magic girl wand he created would show up in jumps randomly afterwords and cause chaos. Some dark depressing worlds can be brightened up by an unexpected bit of madness that thing brings.
>>
>>46387328
I am fairly certain she's talking about this one.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7972624/1/Lunatique
>>
>>46387334
>>46387286
There's always pods. Although the long-term consequences of taking a reality-warping wizard who enjoys making hax magic items, humiliating the rest of the magical community and occasionally taking on cute girl apprentices will be your cross to bear.

So...yeah, basically podding Zelretch would be like podding another Jumper.
>>
>>46387328
>>46387360
Anon has it. It's pretty cool. Totally non canon, but it's a fun read from what I remember.
>>
Is it possible The Eye of Set as a basis for my Experiment form in the Steven Universe jump? And if it is, does this enhance my magic at all? I'm aware the gem itself can only put me on Rose Quartz level, but I wanted to know about if that was combined with my actual magic, would it be better than just using the Eye?
>>
>>46387367
And I'm pretty sure he would have a problem with being called one of your companions. Imagine being introduced as one of the Wizard Marshal Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg the Kaleidoscope, the Old Man of Jewels' disciples
>>
>>46387392
to use*
>>
I'm tired of devs 'rebooting' old franchises as phoneshit cash scams.
>>
File: Fuck yeah.jpg (315 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yeah.jpg
315 KB, 1000x750
>>46387405
Zelretch really is just ridiculously cool and fun. Often feels out of place in the series, especially since he spends most of his time in the Clocktower. Wish we got to see him actually take part in the stories some more, but his power does make most enemies a bit pointless.
>>
>>46387438
I'll take 3 guesses on: "What is 'New World
(.hack)"?

Cause that's the only recent one I can think of
>>
>>46387254
Second Magic is probably one of the easiest, for what it's worth. Entirely because Zeltrech DOES take apprentices. Maybe you'll be lucky and he'll be looking when you're there.
>>
>>46387476
>.hack
Not that anon, but are they even doing anything with that franchise anymore? Aside from Project X Zone 1 and 2, I've heard nothing about it.
>>
>>46387476
Ding ding ding. You know my pain anon.
>>
>>46387476
I was happier not knowing about this.
>>
File: Not like this.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Not like this.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>46387507
Like what I guessed on, they're doing a mobile game sorta reboot cause I guess they dont want to bother with making a full title. I'm willing to argue that its somewhere on the level of FGO's gacha being bad but for different reasons. Like if you ever asked someone if a gacha can contain too much waifu I'm willing to say yes. That being said they've recently been trying to get money out of people by adding Sign characters recently and tried to get initial installers with Kite's card so, yeah its not exactly a comfy existence

Also cause they dont have enough story updates and no one cares enough to translate it but that's a whole nother issue.

>>46387511
It could be wor-
>Just had this
Nevermind I dont think it can be worse
At least April 1st gave us a free Piros helmet
>>
>>46387584
That image causes me physical pain, why are you doing this?
>>
>>46387584
Dead to me.
>>
>>46387476
He could also be talking about Fate/ Grand Order, given what I hear about it. Would Pokémon Go count as one, given that it seems pretty decent, especially given that it is made by the same people as Ingress?
>>46387479
Come to think of it, how hard would it be to learn the Third True Magic? My new chain is largely based around souls, identities and what makes you unique, and it seems like the most useful one for dealing with that.
>>
>>46387606
Because I downloaded and played the damn game cause I'm a filthy nerd and I need to share my pain to others. Like I've played alright mobages but NW is not going to be that

That being said I didnt play the SAO one but I'm going to make everyone suffer for it anyways
>>
>>46387640
My god, that is awesome, in the sense that it looks like a plague that god would send down to torment people.
>>
>>46387584
>That image
N-no. No! NOOOOOO-
>>46387640
OH GOD, THIS ONE'S EVEN WORSE. Why? Why can't we just get a good standalone .hack game? Or just let the series pass one, if you can't make any new material? God, what ever happened to Aura? Last I remember, she got turned into some kind of digital monster. Why? Wasn't .hack//G.U. grim enough?
>>
>>46387640
Anon I will reach through your internet connection and slap you if you post one more piece of evidence of the heresy being committed over on that thrice-damned island chain.
>>
>>46387697
>Why can't we just get a good standalone .hack game?
Anon, New World is standalone, but its pretty much tradition for mobile games to have a shitton of crossovers over time. Like Chain Chronicle has.... Valkyria Chronicles, Log Horizon, and more. PAD has fucking everyone and everything. It was really an inevitability that New World would get an SAO collab with the SAO mobile game.

That being said they really havent done enough with their main game to really make it good enough to last IMO, damn shame
>>
>>46387367
You know.... I actually met him in my fate jump... he sort of dropped in sensing a disturbance in the force (it was a Remanent of the Zelritch messing with you drawback from the original type moon jump) Despite the horrendous trouble he caused me I regret I didn't pod him. One of many regrets really
>>
File: THIS WAS TRI EDGE'S FAULT.jpg (68 KB, 640x315) Image search: [Google]
THIS WAS TRI EDGE'S FAULT.jpg
68 KB, 640x315
>>46387702
YOU CANT STOP ME FROM SINNING
>>
>>46387739
Oh, well that's better I guess. But that is shame that it won't last-
>>46387764
MY EYES.
>>
I have a Franken Fran question

for importing companions am I reading it correctly they can only buy stuff that is discounted for their background?
>>
>>46387764
AAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

YOU DICK.
>>
>>46387786
Yes, but they can take any background, and that background's freebies, except the Clean Room.

>>46387640
>>46387764
>>46387584
...someone tell me this is an April Fool's thing, right?
>>
>>46387775
I feel like if they gave it enough support, mostly a better or cheaper gacha system cause it takes fucking forever to get good units AND good equipment (Imagine F/GO multiplied by 5 per character, 20+ equips to cover in total for a full party) and an english release they might be able to recover.

But so far there hasnt been any core updates besides slowly adding in characters meant to bank in on nostalgia so. I guess it's the first year so maybe shit's always slow but, i dunno it doesnt seem like a strong start.

This is coming from someone who installed it the day it came out
>>
>>46387764
'cause you really want your series associated with the newcomer that usurped your concept and is mainly known for crappy writing, onomatopoeia for cum, and elves getting raped by plants.
>>
>>46387786
>>46387820
Is that restriction lifted for the 300CP / 8 companions option, as it doesn't mention having that restriction, or is that an omission?
>>
File: because we killed him.png (110 KB, 333x357) Image search: [Google]
because we killed him.png
110 KB, 333x357
>>46387764
>>
>>46387843
Same deal as the single companion, but it is a very good deal.
>>
>>46387823
Actually...to be fair a lot of mobile games start out slow like that. There is still hope! Wait, returning characters? Like who? Kite, Aura, Tsukasa?...Morgana?
>>
>>46387877
>Hope
>Grinding greedy cash grab that crosses over with shit garbage.
>Hope
No. These types of games are crap from conception until death. No hope.
>>
File: I have sinned Aura.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
I have sinned Aura.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>46387820
>...someone tell me this is an April Fool's thing, right?

Its as real as the animated Yui attached to my player character because she gives decent stats.

Im so sorry I have sinned

For the record G.O.D (Gaze of Dominator) is the game's equiv of Data Drain
>>
>>46387889
>that outfit

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46387877
So far, Kite was the initial install character, Tsukasa and Sora were just introduced into the gacha, think there were some other Sign characters but I litearlly know jack about Sign
>>
File: 1400978281836.jpg (42 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1400978281836.jpg
42 KB, 720x480
>>46387898
I have nothing, I must fashion disaster my stats to survive.

Truly the darkest of hells
>>
>>46387885
I CAN DREAM, ANON.
>>46387889
WHY. WHYYYY.
>>46387901
Wait, seriously? Hey, that's pretty neat to see they haven't forgotten Sign. As for the show itself, it was pretty good, if a little trippy and convoluted at times. Pretty good plot twists, too.
>>
>>46387922
Also had a dumb one, though.

OH NO AM SECRETLY LESBEENS
>>
>>46387931
WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT ONE, ANON. IT NEVER HAPPENED. In all seriousness, would ANYTHING have been different if you know who was a dude? Really?
>>
>>46387957
Nope, not at all. I just think it was a dumb plot twist to include. Probably just one guy's fetish and everyone else just let it happen because whatever, it doesn't effect the story at all.
>>
>>46387969
Actually, I thought his reaction to being told repeatedly he was actually a girl throughout the show as hilarious. At first, it was something like "Uh, no? I'm obviously a dude" and then by the end of the series he's genuinely exasperated with it before finally going "Fuck, am I a girl?". Even if it hadn't of been a stupid plot twist, that alone kept me from taking it seriously.
>>
Anybody know where I can find some good time accelerating tech?
>>
>>46388082
DBZ
>>
>>46387922
I just remembered who was the other Sign character that was added (seriously it was a pain in the ass to find even a half deccent wiki for the game in japanese), it was Subaru
>>
>>46388135
Oh hey, that's cool. She was actually an interesting character, being a puppet queen that never really did anything but sit around and look pretty, before meeting the rest of the cast. I actually liked her character arc.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcf7dQg0JVA

Whatever happened to this?
>>
File: explosion 2.png (845 KB, 967x538) Image search: [Google]
explosion 2.png
845 KB, 967x538
>Nuclear Throne Jump
>Absurdly expensive but badass yv options
>>
How would the Hauberk of Abjuration and the Godslayer, both from age of ice, compare to gift of the twilight imperium/empty night?

Alternatively, does anybody know any way to get anti-magic defenses of similar strength to the aforementioned perks?
>>
>>46388284
I'm happy for you that you're apparently getting into a setting you like but you do realise nobody's making one right?

>>46388310
I would say the Hauberk is slightly lesser than Empty Night (because Night, being based on the Outsiders, is not only a fundamental part of your being but also something that actively corrodes magic instead of just resisting it as the fluff says) and that the Godslayer is more powerful than Night because weapons less powerful than it have bypassed the Outsiders' innate magic resistance.

I'm not sure how Twilight Imperium since the purchasable CP version apparently has a higher threshold than the canon version
>>
>>46388335
So basically just the sword on its own would give make me more resistant to magic than empty night does? Would the sword and Hauberk stack?
>>
>>46388364
Yep. Do bear in mind Empty Night can be bypassed with indirect magic, and in the series something as crude as jamming Soulfire and the WInter Court's power into a wizard's fire blast can seriously hurt one. Though Dresden is a bad benchmark since not only does he have one of the largest innate magic reserves in the world but he's Starborn, giving him some sort of conceptual status that basically makes him really good at fighting Outsiders.

Like, holy shit-looking back it's frankly embarrasing how badly they lose to him every time they fight. They get hyped up as otherworldly monsters, and then it's like anti-plot armor happens.

I think it's probable, since the hauberk is basically a kind of magical enchantment and the sword's the embodiment of the gods' oaths so logically being different sources of antimagic they wouldn't overlap.
>>
>>46388422
>Eldritch abominations are supposed to be this big threat
>Job to special snowflake hero
>Everytime
Not that anon, but...You know, I haven't actually read/watched this series, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but that sounds like something out of a bad fanfic.
>>
File: image.jpg (417 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
417 KB, 1920x1080
How would you go about getting a normally straight character willing to join a harem? Would you just need lots of charisma? Or just make arrangements that it's a polygamous situation but they're in a seperate hetero relationship with you and not into relations with the others in the harem?
>>
>>46388453
I'd not do that in the first place, because it sounds kind of skeezy.
>>
>>46388450
It does sound pretty bad I'll admit, it hasn't come up very often though.
And Dresden spends so much time getting the shit kicked out of him that it feels less like a special snowflake moment and more like giving him a break.
>>
>>46388453
That picture makes Batgirl look like she's about a foot taller than Supergirl.
>>
>>46388453
I wouldn't?
>>
>>46388082
I think there's one in Invader Zim, maybe? Another one in... nope, can't remember another one. I think it was one of Dirge's jumps.
>>
>>46388494
Welcome to the idea of a harem, anon.

Nobody who has one will admit it though.
>>
>>46388450
I mean, to be fair a) Dresden doesn't have nearly as much success against the regular slew of supernatural nasties; heck he was crippled several time by enemies with piss-poor powerlevels, like two vampire assassins and someone he literally mugged a fallen angel coin from, leaving him almost without magical powers. Countering Outsiders is what he seems destined to do.

And also-EVERYONE ELSE jobs hard to the Outsiders. One of the most powerful faeries in the world was corrupted by a small artifact of theirs. Nicodemus, he hosts leader of the Denarians which are fallen angels LUCIFER HIMSELF didn't want near him in Hell, flipped out when Harry revealed one of his own may be working with the Outsiders. One of the books revealed the White Council was being magically drugged by one of their pawns for years. Even the Fae who specialise in fighting them suffer heavy casualties.

The only other character who seems to fair as well as Harry is Michael "The Fist of God" Carpenter, a no-bullshit paladin armed with the Sword of Love/Excalibur, who reputedly carved through armies of the damn things during the Red Court war. And Michael's hardcore enough to have slain a dragon early in his career-which in DF, are divine primordial elemental beings like in Eastern mythology.
>>
>>46388548
*who hosts the leader of the Denarians
>>
>>46388450
To be fair the Outsiders tend to have a fairly poor grasp on how reality works, often to their disadvantage. There's a distinct lack of gas stations in the never-ending plain of bones outside the Outer Gates - how was it supposed to know it was standing in the middle of explosion central?

That and the Outsiders other than the Walkers are kinda their minion class not good enough to get a name jobbers that were shit enough to slip by various defenses and failsafes because they kinda aren't enormous threats comparatively, or were summoned by people. It still took the Wild fucking Hunt to deal with a small group of them.
>>
>>46388494
>because it sounds kind of skeezy.
Well, you know. It's Manyfist. Arson, murder and theft are the order of the day.
>>
>>46388453
Harems don't require every member sleep with each other. It only requires that you have a harem of wives. They can all be exclusive to you only, or they can not be, but it's a harem regardless, so I don't see why you'd need to ask.
>>
>>46388495
>>46388548
Well, that doesn't sound so bad. So he's literally designed to fight them, huh-
>Denarians
>Fallen angels so bad Lucifer didn't want them around
>Lucifer as in the Devil
And we're back to fanfic again. Wait, Michael? Like, the Archangel? Because I would be very happy to see him in action.
>>46388562
Now see, that's a little better. If they only job because they're mooks that don't really know what the world is like, and are still able to be a threat to everyone else, that's still pretty cool.
>>
How could I go about giving people backup brains?
>>
>>46388600
Geneforge.
>>
>>46388453
I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

Is your idea of a harem, "If you fuck me, that means you have to fuck ALL these other girls!"? Because that's kind of messed up. That shouldn't be a prerequisite.
I mean, it's sortof one thing if everyone's trying to jump the jumper, what with the mess of charisma perks they undoubtedly have and the things they might bring to the table, you could sortof imagine some girls might give some leeway into that, but then telling them they need to get into a physical relationship with the five, ten, fifteen other wives you might have to qualify is kindof weird.

Even harem animes don't do that.
>>
Was the digital devil saga jump finished recently or am I just misremembering? Because I can't find it in either the finished jumps folder nor the upload folder.
>>
>>46388600
If you can create a cybernetic backup, you're good.
>>
>>46388453
There are harem perks, Many. Just take them.
>>
>>46388594
Dude named Michael, he has a sword that had one of the nails used to affix Jesus for his crucifixion worked into it, that as such is a super powerful artifact.
I don't remember lucifer ever actually showing up in any form
The denarians are 30 fallen angels each sealed in one of the coins given to Judas, the only thing that really separates them from the other monsters is that they can come back from being killed by finding a new host.
>>46388629
it definitely was within the last 2 threads
>>
>>46388629
Part 1 was, DDS anon is still working on the other. You're supposed to take 1, then 2 immediately afterwards.
>>
>>46388594
Oh no, Michael Carpenter's just a nice man who happens to wield one of three swords embodying and empowered by the concepts of Faith, Hope and Love (his sword, which is implied to be Excalibur reforged).

Michael the Archangel hasn't shown up, but Uriel has.

And the Denarians aren't that gamebreaking; they're EXTREMELY limited in how much powerlevel they can wield by their hosts' free will, and by how much destruction they can inflict on the world so most of them can only do gross monsterpeople forms that aren't even that impressive by vampire standards. Heck, someone without any shown supernatural abilities incapacitates a whole bunch of them from a distance with a sniper rifle.
>>
Who are your weirdest parents?
>>
File: ddsjp1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
ddsjp1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46388629
here is part 1, I just grabbed it from the old thread
>>
>>46388594
Michael the Archangel exists somewhere, but he doesn't have any screentime. OG Michael showing up would mean some really real shit is going down, especially since there are some pretty extreme limits on the angels/archangels or else they fall immediately. We see a decent amount of Uriel and the Knights are probably familiar with Gabriel since the Russian talked about getting orders from him at one point.

Michael Carpenter is just the most badass guy whose day job is being a Carpenter and night job is being one of three divine knights who kick ass for the lord and wields Excalibur, which was forged with one of the nails of the cross in it. The swords are essentially big G God's way of leveling the playing field for humanity - they don't give a single shit about if something is super natural - all are mortal before them.

>>46388661
I'm not sure I'd call motherfucking Hellhound Kincaid non-supernatural.
>>
>>46388669
Thanks man. You da bes.
>>
>>46388664
Well, anyone who took Bels and Whistles has YHVH as a grandfather and, given Abel's title of "God's Beloved Son", adopted father.
>>
>>46388664
The Void Dragon+Emperor combo.
>>
>>46388703
How'd THAT happen?
>>
>>46388664
For me, it's miss Angel over >>46388669
>>
>>46388708
Percy Jackson. Praise the Omnissiah!
>>
>>46388661
>>46388640
>>46388685
Huh, okay, that's cool. So these blades tip the scales between humanity and...everyone else? Seems legit. Also, Uriel showing up is pretty cool too, he really doesn't get as much credit as he deserves. So these Denarians have limits, alright that's not so bad. We have left fanfic land and gone back too interesting story.
>>
>>46388685
True but I meant-ones he can overtly use, as compared to Lara's glamour or Goodman Grey's shapeshifting or Lea's transfiguration. For the most part he seems to rely more on guns than powerlevels.

>>46388708
>>46388721

And that was the day the Adeptus Mechanicus learned why you should never forge an onahole on Mars.
>>
File: Konata_Izumi_by_kmiloFX.png (71 KB, 431x271) Image search: [Google]
Konata_Izumi_by_kmiloFX.png
71 KB, 431x271
>>46388453
That's... really up for them to decide, Many.
Even in my weirdest non-canon fantasies, my companions are free to choose. They don't have to love anyone they don't want to.
They are also free to love anyone they want to.
As long as they don't try to leave.

>>46388664
In Viking Saga, my dad gave birth to my cousin, which turned out to be an eight legged horse.
>>
>>46388725
I do admire how often the wizards answer to a problem is to hit it with a stick or shoot it in the face.
>>
In Okami, if go Brush God can i learn all the other god's Brush Techniques naturally or do i need the Brush Up perk?
>>
>>46388757
I believe it implies you could learn them in the text doesn't it?
>>
>>46388739
>They don't have to love anyone they don't want to.
>They are also free to love anyone they want to.
That seems slightly disingenuous, considering the number of perks you have that alter how people perceive you.
Then again, that's not exactly new for you.
>>
>>46388664
That luck goddess what tried to get an abortion.
>>
>>46388082
Stargate
>>
How hard exactly is the anguished on drawback to survive? I really want to be an ancient personification of a star, but would rather not wait till, like, jump 300.
>>
>>46388741
I still think my favourite thing in all of DF is when Hades had that chat and admitted to naming Cerberus the equivalent of Spot.
>>
>>46388811
Hades was surprisingly chill
>>
>>46388810
Well, you're fighting against several other star personifications before battling a their boss, who is the personification of a star who can summon powerful demons, create shadows of your allies, and is herself a very powerful being who has three forms/phases. And you can't hurt her directly, and if she kills the MC you lose. So, what do you think?
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>46388722
>these blades tip the scales between humanity and...everyone else?

Got it in one. Fallen angels, eldritch abominations, fae-the Swords don't give a shit so long as they're used in a manner aligning with their purpose and fundamental nature. The Knights are simply those most suited for wielding them. Harry isn't one, and the sword of Faith still worked for him while he was chokeslamming Nicodemus with it nearby. Murphy was more a temporary wielder than a full-time Knight, and she carved through an army of Red Court vampires-including at least one of the powerful enough to be mistaken for divinity Lords of the Outer Night.

Let me put this another way: In terms of pure conceptual primacy, I would bet on the Swords if wielded by a Knight against any EX rank Noble Phantasm-even Solomon's ones. It wouldn't even be a close match; ultimately NPs are little more than crystalised masses of Gaia's fart gas whereas the Swords are almost like embodied reifications of cosmic principles because of how important choice is in Dresden Files.

>>46386561
Oh yes, many things. A lot of our experiments end up not working as well as we'd originally hoped for, like the time we tried to homebrew our own Necrodermis and ended up with something that at best could maybe pass as Endbringer feed. Or things with very niche applications, like the upgraded Demon Summoning Program we designed as a backup measure during our brief tenure as the Messiah in Devil Survivors.

And then there's long running projects we probably won't ever find a practical application for, like our cinnamon toast crunch research.

>>46388082
FF13-2 and 3

>>46388664
That would...probably be a tie between YHVH and Jubileus. Especially since we're also the host of a fragment of the latter somehow, and as Lucifer apparently used to be a fragment of the former that rebelled our dad's technically approving of us fighting one of his split personalities.
>>
>>46388810
Not much harder than surviving Devil Survivor 2 on its own. You're just limited in that Hibiki has to survive, and that you can't directly harm Polaris. So buff the fuck out of Hibiki and fight all the demons and shadows Polaris summons instead of the Administrator herself. That said "no that much harder than surviving Devil Survivor 2 on its own" is still really hard, there's going to be some tough enemies in your way.
>>
File: mzep3eRFWO1smwaj9o10.gif (229 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
mzep3eRFWO1smwaj9o10.gif
229 KB, 500x281
>>46388777
Well, I'm also not actually interested in a physical relationship, yet I have a bunch of prettification perks. So, I dunno, I'm probably about the same level as Red.
Except she's probably got me beat because I don't have nearly the same number as her. I don't spec for attractiveness. All my attraction perks are either cheapass 100CP'rs, freebies, or come as a package deal (like, "You're super ridiculously durable AND also attractive!", from one perk).
That or Cute, which I do spec for, but that's more of a platonic protective instinct thing. I don't really consider "people want to hug me" to be on the same level.

I think the only perks I have that alter perception or inclinations, though, is Something Special from Cardcaptors (people can love you no matter your physical form), and that one from Dodgeball that lets you downplay a physical aspect so that people judge you objectively instead of from prior bias.

But all that's immaterial to the point I was making which is basically this:
Regardless of perks, I don't tell anyone to do anything regarding their own feelings. Or not do them.
If you decide you're good by yourself, that's fine.
If you want to pine after me, whatever, that's also fine. In all honestly I'll probably be ignoring you.
If you want to go fuck someone else who'll actually put out, that's fine, too.
It's basically open season.
>>
>>46388600
D&D has a couple spells that cause someone's soul to be transferred to a spare body after death. Also Lord of Light.
>>
File: nyarko.jpg (37 KB, 400x227) Image search: [Google]
nyarko.jpg
37 KB, 400x227
>>46388664
>>
File: 08374501018.jpg (37 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
08374501018.jpg
37 KB, 500x282
>>46386561
I've been trying to find a way to make a pocket dimension full of perpetual energy machines work, using only tech and a little bit of reality bending.

I'm pretty sure I've got the dimensional tech down, and the perpetual energy part.

The hard part is getting the machines to self-replicate by using their own excess power while keeping the dimension intact or if necessary, making it bigger to accommodate more machines.

I just wanna make portable power stations with limitless, ever-increasing energy supplies, is that so much to ask?
>>
>>46388927
Sup-Com tech handily deals with the stated problem, expansion is there thing.
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>46388927
Uh...how little is a little bit of reality bending, anon?

Rick and Morty lets you purchase a microverse battery, the thing Rick uses to power his FTL flying saucer. For unexplained reasons he built it to generate power in the least efficient way we could think of using a pocket world to do so: By having a planet's dominant species peddle on a sort of treadmill, which somehow generates enough energy to power interstellar flight.

As for perpetual energy machines-there's plenty to choose from: Invader Zim's perpetual energy generator schematics, Ar Tonelico's Orgels (may or may not contain universe imploding side effects from long-term usage), the S2 Engines from Evangelion if you want to go the biotech/reality warping route and the Gravity Furnace from Blame; that last form runs on the principle of using dark matter as a turbine for gravity, so you may be interested in also having Pre-Fall Science from Commoragh to incorporate more exotic uses for dark matter in its' operation.

As for self-replication, nanomachines are your friend. Technically any brand from Iji to Posleen Wars/Legacy of the Aldenata's Sohon (which are among the best constructor nanites out there) to Ratchet and Clank can do if your generators output enough excess energy but GUNNM's Karmatron Dynamics and the Regenerator Nano are notable for apparently coming close to breaking the laws of thermodynamics on their lonesome. To expand on >>46388948, you're looking for T3 Mass & Energy and the Aeon Paragon if you're focused on resource production.

We're...actually not quite sure how the Aeon Paragon works actually.

What you should invest in, above all else, is an off-button. Seriously-limitless, ever-increasing energy supplies are a good way to ironically end your chain if you don't have a way to contain them-or cause the plot of Blame! to happen. SCP has a good penultimate perk for that in its' Researcher perkline.
>>
>>46389188
>Rick and Morty lets you purchase a microverse battery, the thing Rick uses to power his FTL flying saucer. For unexplained reasons he built it to generate power in the least efficient way we could think of using a pocket world to do so: By having a planet's dominant species peddle on a sort of treadmill, which somehow generates enough energy to power interstellar flight.
This is probably the best one, since you can apparently stack microverse batteries with no apparent limit other than new prefixes to apply to them. And time runs faster in a micro/min/tiny-verse, so the time to build new battery spaces shouldn't be an issue. I'd need to actually do the math, and it's early here so I'm not going to bother with that, but I'm fairly certain the limit approaches infinity for power production if you expand your operations down into new universes. The only problem you'd have would be power transmission, how do you make a conduit that can take an infinite amount of energy?
>>
File: antspiralhuman.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
antspiralhuman.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>46389220
...we're pretty sure mundane science kinda falls apart when "an infinite amount of energy" enters the equation. As do most fictional ones.

The only thing that springs to mind at the moment is the Sufficiently Advanced capstone for Researchers in SCP, which enables SCPs to be reverse engineered technologically. You will, quite frankly, probably need A LOT more genius perks to handle this stuff safely; Discworld magic would certainly help if you also had Guru and Mega Bomb from Chrono Cross. Applied Energistics/Atomic Science from Minecraft (apparently it's possible to make mini-singularities in the game?), The Maddest Science Yet from Tenchi Muyo and the Cave 8 background from Blame! would definitely help since all these paradigms involve safely (or at least productively) containing and handling absurdly vast quantities of energy.

You may be interested in Enlightenment from Assassin's Creed for its' ridiculous communications systems which you might need to coordinate such a process. Chosen of Death from Lord of Light is also valuable because of its' best feats involve stabilising energy fields. The insight of Trigram Knowledge and Manipulation or the Cruicibel of 8 Trigrams from Journey to the West may be useful in more esoteric measures against exotic particle reactions created from infinite energy, and if you have the capstone-boosted Retro-Engineer from MCU it might be a good idea to examine the Infinity Stones. Not to use them, but because the stones are actually containment units of some sort for the gems within, and the gems are conventionally uncontainable reserves of cosmic energy, basically the corpses of old universes.

Now, as for why SCP keeps being brought up-

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2700
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2400 (you don't need 2400 strictly speaking, you just need a good chance to reverse engineer the TAER's containment hardware, which the Foundation built using it. See the addendums below rather than the main article)
>>
>>46389320
I meant it as a rhetorical question, but those are some nice ideas.
>>
File: AScontemplative.png (254 KB, 610x520) Image search: [Google]
AScontemplative.png
254 KB, 610x520
Oh, to clarify what the idea behind Chosen of Death/Trigram is, you probably want the Genius capstone from Rick and Morty to be able to implement energy exchange. What you could do is siphon off a big portion of the energy into making a sort of dimensionally folded funnel/membrane forcefield to contain the bulk of it, while selectively weakening/moulding parts to let a safe, finite amount of energy through in some parts to do useful work via a more conventional transmission medi-

>>46389333
-oh. Nevermind then!
>>
>>46386516

Weapons are my most common trophies, with the occasional piece of notable armor or unusual tech saved as well and displayed in my private museum.

I'm particularly fond of firearms and ammunition, regularly stealing from or stripping my opponents of anything remotely interesting they are carrying.

Alright, I steal anything from enemies that isn't bolted down, but most of it isn't considered a trophy.

Also, like >>46386783, I have an impressive liquor collection. I generally acquire (and reproduce) all unusual liquors that I run across in every Jump, considering my private bar to be an amazing trophy in and of itself.
>>
>>46386516
God damn near everything, most of it is in patterned energy storage via Star Trek teleportation or in the tower, but I have EX rank collector for a reason.
>>
>>46389188
>how the Aeon Paragon works
taking a WAG from the lore, it might involve tapping into the Quantum Realm, SupCom's equivalent of Marvel's Bleed or MtG's Blind Eternities, that exists between the universes.

fwiw, my fanwank on the (in-game) cap on a Paragon's Mass/Energy production is that while the source is effectively infinite, the intra-universal side of the pipe is still constrained by Aeon science's engineering limits.
>>
Does anyone know of a way to turn regular technology into something made out of soulstuff? I would like a way to add stuff I build to my angel form from eva. Stuff like an orgel or the swatkats orb.
>>
>>46389615
Real eat cobra la maybe? I'm not sure if that would work honestly since cobra la lets you turn tech you know into bio tech but it may be worth a try.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>46389576
Really? Oh. Oh dear, does that mean if you want to build your own other than the CP purchasable after the jump they might not work in jumps where the fabric of reality is so different that quantum particles might not even exist-Elder Scrolls or Lord of the Rings for example-or at least recalibrate them with magitech to try and see if there's another form of intrinsic subspace that can be accessed with the things' basic principles?

Is the anon who made Supreme Commander still around? For that matter, kinda regret not asking Koolerkid how Zero Space works after Animorphs.

>>46389615
If you just want to add things to your angel form all you really need is Metaphysical Biology and some good biotech perks; we personally recommend acquiring both Throne of Creation and Forge of War from Etrian Odyssey. Although Franken Fran, Young Justice, GI Joe and Worm present more well-known solutions.

There is, as far as we know, no tech-spiritstuff translation perk. The closest we can think of involves using Dual Art from Castlevania-the latter of which integrates spiritual techniques into magical ones, at great physical cost.

Then you take a fairly freeform magic system, like Elder Scrolls which has the Spellmaker and Altar of Spellmaking perks to let you design your own spells.

After that, you need some magitech perks. Guru/Mega Bomb from Chrono Cross, Magitech from Banjo Kazooie, Technosorcery from Gargoyles. Things like That Undefinable Thing from Tales of Symphonia and Materia Adaptation from FF14 would be especially useful since they already interface with magical/spiritual phenomena to an extent.

Lastly, you need a form of spiritualism like Mantra from Asura's Wrath or perhaps Final Fantasy's Materia that creates physical forms from spiritual energy.

(Cont'd)
>>
File: Antispirallook.png (373 KB, 764x684) Image search: [Google]
Antispirallook.png
373 KB, 764x684
>>46389699
What you then do is use the magitech perks as a starting point to have your freeform casting system affect the technology, and infuse your spiritual practice into the magic with the spells designed in such a way to make the spiritual practice an intrinsic part of the technology. Bear in mind-this is an extremely crude form of fusion since you're esentially piggybacking the spiritual practice onto the magic so it's extremely likely the resulting fusion will initially be clunky and unstable until you fine-tune it to have it work properly, and the extent to which it's capable of being made less awkward likely depends on how compatible the technology was with the magic and spiritualism in the first place. HYDRA Blueprints may or may not help by integrating tech-based magitech with other forms of tech you which to soulify.
>>
>>46389699
>>46389699
>might not work in jumps where the fabric of reality is so different
>recalibrate them

I always figured that sort of thing would be pretty much SOP for a high-tech oriented Jumper: arrive in new setting, unpack and run experiments* to determine any changes to fundamental constants (and/or detect new ones!), input changes into sufficiently-advanced* server farm running inside the Cosmic Warehouse so that jumper's favorite non-fiat tech can be recalibrated (or rebuilt if necessary) to work in the new setting.

*(a significant part of the trick would also be designing the experiments and building sufficient computational power that the work doesn't take an excessive portion of the time available in each new jump)
>>
I fucking hate April Fools
>>
>>46386721
>>46386851
I've always disagreed with this. You guys seem to view perks as Intellectus - you can draw on them when you need help, but otherwise it's just free-floating information you haven't accessed. I view them as actually gaining knowledge, and if you know how to do something because of a perk, losing the perk won't take that away from you. All you lose is the guarantee that your skills won't degrade over time and any guarantees the perk gives you.
>>
>>46389841
Run them inside the scp time door.
>>
Damnit april fools names.
>>
>>46389841
>>46389846
>>46389849
>>46389855
What's the joke here, I don't get it
>>
>>46389849
Fine then, instead view it as you losing all your memory perks and the injump protection that stops you from instantly forgetting most of your chain because humans can't handle that much data not working for knowledge directly granted by perks. However you want to fluff it yourself, that's how Babylon said it works.
>>
>>46389874
4chan site appears to be replacing "Anonymous" with random names for April Fools.
>>
>>46389841
I dunno, I guess it depends on the tech in question? A crossbow probably works everywhere. Ditto for something that runs on an internal energy source like a plasma cannon. But something that accesses stuff like subspace relies on something really unique to a given setting being there probably needs to be doublechecked; I think it was agreed Pym Particles shouldn't work outside Marvel for example

>>46389889
I want to criticise Nippon Moot's sense of humor but to be fair this is really no worse than USAKA's birthday I guess
>>
...godammit. Okay, THIS is new.
>>
>>46389874
Japanese humour?
>>
>Is the anon who made Supreme Commander still around?
>Asking me about super science stuff.

Uuuuh... pic related?
I mean, if you're asking if I would allow it to work in other universes the answer would be yes. But, I don't truly know how the tech is SUPPOSED to work.

Quantum technology in Supreme Commander is used similarly to that of Star Trek science. They say it's what makes the things work without detailing any of it.
>>
>>46389897
>I want to criticise Nippon Moot's sense of humor
I'm a little surprised he didn't run this when Japan hit April 1; that would be new.
>>
Good god what is with this new look?
>>
File: b8f.png (24 KB, 300x307) Image search: [Google]
b8f.png
24 KB, 300x307
>>46389919
...I never liked April first.

I am RoboAnon by the way.
Hopefully the pic will upload with this post.
>>
Hello, new friends! I am Clover, it's nice to meet you all.
>>
>>46389941
Were you the anon that made Saints Row or was that someone else?
>>
>>46389968
That was someone else.
>>
File: antispiralcrowd.jpg (79 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
antispiralcrowd.jpg
79 KB, 480x640
>>46389919
>>46389941
Oh hey, thanks for the reply! It's nice to know it'll be reliable in other baseline Earthlike worlds, though we'll still be careful to triplecheck the thing/render the collection systems to be configurable with Transformium and magitech in worlds shaped from a young girl's dreams or sung by the Valar or created by God in 7 days in case it accidentally starts trying to make ammunition out of hopes and dreams instead of atoms or something.

>>46389945
Hi Clover. Happy silly buggers day.
>>
>>46389979
>in case it accidentally starts trying to make ammunition out of hopes and dreams
... 8-Bit?
>>
>>46390021
Nah, it's a reference to a...spoilery plot point in Gravity Rush that's also pretty much spelled out in the jump. Specifically the Creator perk tree.
>>
>>46389883
I'd still probably retain most of the skills in procedural memory, with the rest waiting to be linked up once I start handling things. Odds are most of what I'd lose would be information from other Jumps that I haven't accessed in hundreds of years, not skills that were automatically fresh in my brain until a Jump ago.
>>
>>46389699
Theres a chrono cross jump?
>>
>>46390082
No, just Chrono Trigger. There's probably eventually going to be a Chrono Cross, though.
>>
>>46389975
>>46389968
What did happen to SR Anon? I don't believe i've seen him in a while.
>>
>>46389699
Hell metaphysical biology as an angel solves most of the problem its self. Especially high energy reaction.

400cp - High Energy Reaction (Discount Pattern Blue) You can harness your AT field to construct metaphysical structures that result in more ordinaryphysical phenomenon at an incredible scale. An inner torus reactor, for example, could be used to generatea positron beam and magnetic bottle field.Essentially, you can fabricate devices out of your soul that in turn interact with regular physicaleffects fission and fusion, the four forces, states of matter and so on. This improves the efficiency of anypower use you use, creating ‘levers’ instead of bruteforcing with a power cable or S2 engine.
Basically just make whatever you want out of yourself it seems.
>>
So, episode 1 of the Diamond is Unbreakable anime airs today. Should be fun.
>>
>>46390147
Don't know. Last I saw him was he was talking about taking away the soul collecting thing on the Broken Halo, since it's the same price as the Suit which doesn't need to do that.
>>
>>46390501
Yeah, about the last time I saw him too.
>>
Do the Shrink and Grow capstone powers in the main DC jump only do subatomic and couple of hundred feet respectively, or can you go to inbetween sizes?
>>
So how doomed is the world if I don't marry anyone in Dragon commander? Also anyone know where I can learn more about the plot without buying the game?
>>
>>46390819
1. Don't know.

2. Youtube. Maybe Twitch too, I suppose.
>>
>>46390796
Also, I assume that Grow and Shrink do affect your gear, but just realized it doesn't specify either way. So I'd like to confirm that too.
>>
So, in Jade Empire, is Fatal Flaw a trap?
>>
>>46391019
It's a drawback so...yes? Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>46391040
No, i mean, is it instant death? If i kill Sun whatever-his-name-is immediately, will I be alright?
>>
>>46391089
Oh yeah, you should be. As I recall in the game the protag somehow manages it and fixes the hole in his style.
>>
File: scumbag-sun.jpg (38 KB, 451x418) Image search: [Google]
scumbag-sun.jpg
38 KB, 451x418
Ahh the sun... One of the best dumpsters in the galaxy.

So, Jumper, what has made you say: Boy! I would need a ball of superheated plasma 1.3 million times to get rid of that thing?

My case?
>Zetsu
>Kyubey
>The demon guy from Medaka Box
>Soul Eater's Asura and Eibon
>Worm's Crawler
>Kyubey
>SCP 682 (Actually came back on fire)
>Zombie Slade
>The king of the Chimera Ants
>King Minos
>Kyubey
>Kyubey
>Kyubey
>Kyubey
>A couple of evangelion's angels
>You have no idea how many assholes from Akame ga Kill
>Alucard from Rosario+Vampire
>Aku
>Kyubey
>>
>>46389846
What of these changes is permanent?
4chan looks like a fucking google plus page.
>>
>>46391126
Huh. From what I remember, the protag gets killed because of it, is sent to the afterlife where he/she kills the Water Dragon, is brought back to life, and kills their traitorous master.
>>
Could someone post their Fate or Fate/Extra builds for me please? I know literally nothing about the setting and need some insight.
>>
>>46391166
You're going to need to throw Kyubey into the fire a few more times there Myra
>>
>>46391183
Does he? Shit, it's been a while. Even so, theoretically if you're a good enough martial artist or just a smart enough person I'd say it's wholly possible you could find the flaw on your own, possibly by cloning yourself and fighting yourself.
>>
>>46391166
Pretty much everyone who's hard to kill with a sword
>>
Is there a way to set an alt-form as your 'default' form or is it just fanwank

I'm not trying to game my base form, just the default I start jumps in.
>>
>>46391249
I make the assumption that jumpchan just throws you into a jump in the last form you were using.
>>
>>46391197
Here is mine

Warehouse time 10.4
Third grail war
24 yo male
Drop in
Magic circuits free
Companion immigration x2 800
Drawback Lewd leanings 900
Drawback Servitude
Drawback helping heart 1100
Drawback Techno incompetant 1200
Drawback arrogance 1300
Stronger servant 0. 1300 Cp to Sp

Silica 300
Scholar 200
Magic circuits free
Academia free
Resource acquisition 100
Combat magus 0

Cassandra 300
Enforcer 200
Magic circuits free
Combat magus free
Useless magic 100
Self control 0

MY SERVANT STATS
2300 sp
Saber 1825

Stats
Str:A (+++) 1575
End:B
Agil:B ->(EX) 1375 (discounted from 400 to 200)
Man:C
Luck:D

Magic resist: A 1250
Riding: E
Independant action: A 1000
Protection from arrows: A 750
Instinct: A+ 400
Noble Phantasm: C ->A 300 -> A+++ 0

Noble phantasm
Dual swords(single phantasm) cuts anything physical up to A+ Rank, A++ and above resist this affect and it acts like normal swords
When crossed projects a shield in front of me that blocks up to rank B (at most rank A) attacks
>>
>>46391217
Yeah, just looked it up. Huh, I don't see anything that says I wouldn't be able to train out the flaw so I guess that's a go.

Thanks.
>>
>>46391286
Thank you.
>>
Can this thread go extra slow so I don't have to deal with the fucked up formatting today? Please?
>>
>>46386471
What is Spark?
>>
>>46389188
>For unexplained reasons he built it to generate power in the least efficient way we could think of using a pocket world to do so: By having a planet's dominant species peddle on a sort of treadmill, which somehow generates enough energy to power interstellar flight.

You forget he's drunk more often than not, and has even more hair-brained ideas. High Int does not equal high Wis. Also whats with the new looking format? I hope another april temporary.
>>
>>46391166
I tried to dump Majora's in Futurama's.

Got a littering ticket.
>>
>>46391294
The problem isn't training out the flaw. The problem is recognizing it before someone else does, takes advantage of it, and kills the fuck out of you.

Remember that you won't have any idea how to recognize it, because the drawback has completely incorporated it into your style. It's not like you can just look at yourself in a mirror while you're doing training and go "oh, that's what's wrong."

Also remember that throughout the entire game, nobody could identify exactly what was wrong with your martial arts, just that there was something wrong.
>>
>>46391166
>>The demon guy from Medaka Box
yeah that's probably not going to work
>>
>>46391166
I'd say "the Endbringers," but given how hard Wildbow jerks them off, I threw them into someone else's sun, just to be safe.
>>
File: Its purge time.jpg (93 KB, 613x599) Image search: [Google]
Its purge time.jpg
93 KB, 613x599
>>46391197
Here

66.Fate
====
War - 4th War
Age - 23
Background - Enforcer - 100

Perks
- Combat Magus - Free
- "Useless" Magic - 200
- Runes - 400

Gear
- Dapper Dressing - Kimono
- Magic Core - 1000
- Companions - 1200

Drawbacks
- Royal Rage - 1000

Katyusha
Background - Enforcer
- Combat Magus
- Mystic Code Crafter

Yao
Background - Scholar
- Academia - Free
- Family Crest - 300

Esdeath
Background - Scholar
- Academia - Free
- Family Crest - 300

Keine
Background - Church
- Exorcisim - Free
- Hypnosis - 100
- Rejoice - 300

Harriet
- Background - Dropin
- Self Control - Free
- Snake - 300

Morrigan
Background - Enforcer
- Combat Magus - Free
- "Useless" Magic - 100
- Runes - 300

Saya
Background - Church
- Exorcisim - Free
- Holy Sacriment - 300

Alex
Background - Scholar
- Academia - Free
- Family Crest - 300

Servant
Jumper - 0

Independent Action - A+ - 150
Gate of Babylon - A++ - 300

Str End Agi Man Luck
B(150) B(150) A(200) B(150) D(50)

Total - 1150

Drawbacks
- What Spiritual Form - 1100
- Personality clash - 1000

Master
Drusus Harwey

I know, gate of Babylon, How original!
M8, I can summon my Evangelion in the middle of time square
>>
>>46391345
Eh, I don't remember much about Jade Empire, but I doubt anyone measures up stats wise, and if i obliterate him at the school before he can get close, I should be fine.

>>46391370
>given how hard Wildbow jerks them off
I've seen Wildbow comment that the Justice League would be able to kill them.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>46391197
This honestly works better as a checklist of what NOT to do unless your ambitions extend to assuming direct control of the Moon Cell itself, but here's ours for what it's worth.

Drawbacks: Everyone Knows, Servitude, CCC (1200).

Servant Drawbacks: No Natural Mana Replenishment, Inefficient Mana Consumption, Temper Your Sword (1300)

Variable: Stronger Servant (2500)

Master: Kiara Sessyouin

Servants: Otherwise as per canon.

Hakuno's Servant: Gilgamesh

Class: Savenger (2175, follows Rider's cost)

Strength: D
Endurance: D
Agility: B
Mana: C
Luck: E

Strength: D

Endurance: D

Agility: B

Mana: C

Luck: E

Class Skills: Riding B (2100), Magic Resistance E

Personal Skills: High Speed Divine Words A++ (1800), Mystic Eyes of Imaginary Numbers A+++ (1250), Mystic Eyes of Nothingness A+++ (700),

Rank EX Anti-Planet/Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm: Infernum Creationis: A+++ Territories attached to every spell, that graft artificial leylines and are remotely attuned to automatically a la Souren Araya (400).

Rank A+++ Anti-Thaumaturgy Noble Phantasm: Sola Mysterium Bona est Mysterium Mortua: Prana-slurping line of sight wires, fits 4 unless some of the mana consumption is dedicated to wire growth (0).

Datapad (Free)
Brown School Uniform (Free)
Classroom (Free)
>>
>>46391470
>>46391508
Thanks.
>>
File: 1377646714772.jpg (57 KB, 438x303) Image search: [Google]
1377646714772.jpg
57 KB, 438x303
>>46391494
Comic Book Justice League or Animated Universe Justice League.

This is an important distinction. If it's AU justice League a jumper could beat an Endbringer with some effort. Comic Book? A jumper would need some serious BS from multiple jumps just to NOT DIE from an Endbringer's direct attention.
>>
>>46391621
I'm not sure but-I believe Wildbow was implicitly assuming Comic Book Justice League because he said the Justice League were all-round more broken than the Endbringers which I find hard to believe he'd have assumed of Animated Universe Justice League. He named Martian Manhunter as the decisive factor against the Endbringers, which suggests comics!Martian Manhunter for gamebreaking telepathic domination.
>>
>>46391494
>I've seen Wildbow comment that the Justice League would be able to kill them.
And Reed Richards could probably find a way to kill Galactus. Let's be honest Superman is virtually a Mary Sue and could punch the endbringers hard enough to kill all their multidimensional layered selves.
>>
>>46391621
>>46391698
Yeah, what that guy said.

Link to the thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/2sju2u/the_endbringers_worm_vs_the_justice_league/#spoil
>>
>>46391166
Why would you need to throw the nine-tails into the sun? It's kinda stuck in the protagonist for the entire story.
>>
Hey young Justice anon, how accurate are the simulated opponents in the training room? Could I use my amazo powers to duplicate the abilities of previous opponents? If I have the ability to gain random drops à la an RPG from opponents I defeat would they drop items?
>>
>>46392147
just to be clear that is abilities of opponents simulated by the training room.
>>
What the heck is going on here?
>>
File: not as planned.png (168 KB, 289x349) Image search: [Google]
not as planned.png
168 KB, 289x349
Let's say I wanna stop the Grimm invasion and make sure nobody dies, on /either/ side... with only Pokemon, Mystery Dungeon, and Generic Magical Girl under my belt.

Any ideas?
>>
>>46392178
April Fools.
>>
>>46392195
Stop trying and you might not lose an arm and a leg

>>46392178
If you mean the format, it's April Fools and japanese moot is feeling festive.

If you mean this thread in particular, welcome to jumpchain! It's an interconnected series of PDFs where you choose your own adventure, and you can learn more by reading the PDFs and the beginning jump linked in the OP
>>
>>46392212
>>46392225
Ah, that makes sense. Just surprised I wasn't seeing it anywhere else
>>46392195
Better be careful, or you'll get decindergrated. Eh? Eh?
>>
>>46387185

Marvel/DC: for random ULTIMATE AI that can only be defeated by punching it when it becomes humanoid, or with RANDOM GENIUS. (probably the most powerful, but also the most retarded)

Generic Virtual World: for less comic-book-logic computers that can do minor reality warping.

Ar Tonelico: for mid-scale reality warping computers and a lot of AI.

Girl Genius: computer science + strong spark = ???

Supreme Commander: Von Neumann computer systems.
>>
File: hoperidesalone2.png (393 KB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
hoperidesalone2.png
393 KB, 1000x647
>>46391197
Oh, right-almost forgot about our Fate build. Mind you, this was way, WAY back-and also being the tail end of two other Type-Moon jumps taken consecutively, the point where we started /really/ started going off the deep end for reasons that should soon become obvious (in addition to Lucifer Morningstar being a bad influence to us). Yes, this was technically more than a century after pulling off the Darkhallow-but frankly, we never wanted to try it again until THIS jump. Still, this was at least 140 decades before finding our true calling or became a hivemind.

Drawbacks: Royal Rage, Cruel and Unusual, Lewd Leanings (1600).

Rolled Fourth Holy Grail War (Fate/Zero)

Scholar, Age 19 (1500)

Command Seals (Free).
One Servant: Elodie (Free)
Academia (Free)
Family Crest (1200).
Thaumaturgical Focii: Boundary Fields and Time Manipulation (800).
Magic Core (200)
Blade of Azoth (150)
Shirou's Cook Book (100)
Resource Acquisition (0)
Dapper Dressing (Free)

Also, we looked like this instead of some kind of blank eyed Anti-Spiral! Sure Hellsing had come and gone so we were technically a plantlike tentacle monster but we still used shapeshifting to default as a recognisably human figure.
>>
>>46392195
Honestly, it's not that hard. Just tell Ozpin everything.

Make sure to mention the computer virus, and that you explain the concept of a virus to him, because I'm pretty sure they aren't common knowledge. Either that, or the security on Ironwood's scroll is pathetic.
>>
>>46392329
>Forgetting Code Lyoko
Anon...
>>
>>46391945
KYUBEY = despair fueled fluffy alien from Madoka
KYUUBI = kurama, the fox stuck in Naruto
>>
>>46389188
>Ar Tonelico's Orgels (may or may not contain universe imploding side effects from long-term usage),

Implosion is optional. But the implosion version can probably provide a lot more energy - so long as you're careful to not have it run wild and eat the universe while you still need to be in it...
>>
>>46392450
Riiiight. Well, I feel like a dumb arse.
>>
File: 1404672420353.png (3 KB, 203x210) Image search: [Google]
1404672420353.png
3 KB, 203x210
This fucking layout is atrocious holy shit.
>>
>>46392665
I'm sincerely hoping it gets rebooted before I need to refresh another page.
>>
>>46392665
It strikes me as a parody of Google Pus, so-I guess japan moot rused us all
>>
>>46392467
That version noticeably kills the universe though. So using it makes you scum.
>>
So, how do I tank an Omega Beam?
>>
File: YES.png (517 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
YES.png
517 KB, 497x732
>mfw I loaded normal layout
>mfw everyone else is dealing with this and not me
OHOHOHOHO.
>>
>>46392734

Only if you draw too energy from it, or blow it up.

The effect of it being instantly removed from the universe post-jump may not be good though.

Actually, as it's the same Orgel... it might just transport the white hole end as well. So if you ran it too hot, the runaway would keep following you between jumps...
>>
>>46392773
No, it's always slowly killing the universe. It's a constant drain regardless of what you do. That's the problem with the Ar Nosurge version. Always destructive.

Removing it after using it means the universe is going to die immediately, though. As in, instead of slowly destroying all matter it'll flash convert it. So yeah.
>>
>>46392807
>die immediately

Wait, why? The Orgel would be gone, wouldn't it? Is it because the white hole is left behind so it implodes exponentially?
>>
>>46392766
Go away Naga the White Serpent.
>>
>>46392834
The Ar Nosurge version connects to a hole in reality that's slowly killing everything, converting all matter to energy, and using up said energy to destroy the universe. It's said, however, that removing the Orgel now would speed it up catastrophically, removing any ability to slow it down or control it and potentially causing it to kill everything immediately. Ar Nosurge made it a horrible, evil thing.

The Ar Tonelico version simply vibrates at a frequency to generate infinite energy from nothing. Basically a white hole with no input, the sound makes the energy come into existence from the music box. It's entirely harmless assuming you don't intentionally tune it to explode, and you could move it or destroy it or what have you if you wanted.
>>
>>46392896
good thing it's the Ar Tonelico jump and not the Ar Nosurge jump
>>
>>46392890
Make me.
>>
>>46392924
Yes, but as anon said, the jump does allow you to choose the Ar Nosurge retcon. The only advantage is that it can be tuned to produce far more energy than the other version, but considering how it works you're a horrible person for subjecting to universe to death through it just so you can get more energy for ten years.
>>
>>46392807
With some universes this may be a good thing.
>>
>>46393083
I question the morality of destroying entire universes because of some evil faction or group.
>>
>>46393134
40K? Everyone there is better off in oblivion, since even death offers no release.
>>
>>46393134
for some settings like 40K it would be a mercy killing
>>
>>46393134
If said evil faction or group is guaranteed to win, no matter what else is done, unless the universe itself is destroyed?

Use it in 40K.
>>
>>46393167
>>46393172
>>46393179
There are good people even in 40k, amazingly. Like poor Isha.

Honestly if Annette ever does that Nosurge jump she wanted I'd say no orgel in that one. Unlike with Ar ton, there isn't a version that isn't horrible, so it's basically a trap option.
>>
Which of the Final Fantasy jumps had vehicle size increase?
>>
>>46393190
Yes, there are good and even neutral people in 40K, and they are all doomed. There is no hope of victory for any of them. They cannot defeat Chaos, for Chaos IS reality.

The Emperor is confined to the Golden Throne and will never leave it. Ynnead will never be born. Khaine is shattered. Isha is Nurgle's prisoner. Cegorach is too weak to affect anything.

Even arguable "lesser evils" like Gork and Mork or the Hive Mind have no hope of overcoming Chaos.

The only way to beat Chaos is to crash this universe... with no survivors.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.