[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campaigns you want to run but haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 2997095_orig.jpg (243 KB, 1100x704) Image search: [Google]
2997095_orig.jpg
243 KB, 1100x704
We've all got them, ideas for settings or campaigns we'd love to run or play in but haven't found the time, effort, system etc. to make it happen. So:

>What is/are your pet campaign idea/s?
>Why haven't you run it yet?

I'll get us started, been sitting on the following: >One last hurrah of 'heroes' before the encroaching anonymous uniformity of the modern age renders them obsolete.
>Tragic ending required, preferably a last stand or Pyrrhic victory in the rain and blood soaked streets of the centre of the New World (whether geographical, economic, political or whatnot).

I've not yet run it because I've no idea what system to run it in (need something that blends heroic style combat for the heroes with more grounded realistic stuff for the modern soldiers that will oppose them), nor the time lately to figure out where exactly I'd take the original hook.
>>
>>46384715
I'm slowly creating a setting using magic systems from BQ and TQ kind of a crusades meets ww1 with magic and magitech
>>
>>46384715
If you want to run that read "the last hero" by Terry Pratchett
>>
>>46384715
I just want to run a naked gun game, or a cosmic patrol game.
Or both.
>>
Scar Night, or anything else out of the Deepgate Codex.
>>
>>46386715
I really want to run a GWTB campaign
>>
>>46384715
Been wanting to revive a Rifts campaign i started a while ago with a bunch of really good guys, they were all awesome roleplayers and they were super creative but conflicting schedules made us split up and it died off.
I'd like to start it up with them traveling to the deep south, right on Louisiana right on the border of Texas, basically the plot would be that there was a break out at the CS Lonestar complex, bunch of muties and DBees escape into the surrounding areas, it was actually staged by General Caval and a small group of his loyal followers, one of them being a member of the party, the sabotage took place when funding to Caval's program was going to be cut, he was head of Mutant and DBee, "relocation" basically Mutant hunters, he staged the escape to get the funding back, things got out of hand, afterwards he went rogue. The party would be hired as Mercs by the CS in a large technologically advanced city called Silverlake held by the CS to hunt down the Mutants, the one party member that was part of Cval's crew would constantly get ambushed by Caval's assassins so he couldn't get the word out, they'd meet up with another member of the crew eventually and he'd help them out, maybe give them clues, stuff like that. We haven't been able to meet up because of conflicting schedules but we're hoping we can get up and running in the summer
>>
>>46386702
I have read it and it certainly played no small part in the idea, though with a bit of Unforgiven in there, and probably a darker ending than either.
>>
>>46384715
I want to run a D&D campaign where the PCs are the BBEG's pet fantasy black ops squad, and there's another DM running a normal game in the same world with her group and mine competing
>>
>>46387851
Would both parties be evil or would the other group be the good guy special forces?
>>
>>46387963
Other party would be standard good/neutral adventurers, not special forces. Though there would be a plan to set them up as enemies at some point.
>>
>>46384715
A few actually

>> A new continent covered with a massive jungle has been discovered, Nations decide to colonize it, giant golems made of an unknown metal wander aimless killing any intruder, protecting lost ruins. Indiana Jones with an Heart of Darkness situation

>> A giant cancerous-like growth of flesh has dropped from the sky and started expanding warping nature and creatures into monsters and abominations. Players are epic heroes that must stop this thing and deal with the political stuff (refugees, managing soldiers)

>> Evil Empire, organizing a resistance aganist the Good King gone bad, while keeping up the appereance of being loyal supporters.
>>
>>46384715
I've got a Zoids campaign that is mostly fleshed out. Bad guys have depth (I decided to treat them like the main character and figured out their motives, reasons, strengths, weaknesses, personalities and so on). NPCs will ditch your ass if you're an idiot and do things they hate, plenty of neutral NPCs, some cool, some douchebags, and so on. People to recruit, people that you could either piss off or ignore.

My favourite part is that if the players decide to ignore the obvious signs of bad shit and just let criminals get away when they are right in front of them, it will escalate to a Bad End. Whilst they will still have a chance at salvaging the situation, the worst Bad End will be true hard mode. Time is of the essence motherfuckers, are you a good dude or apathetic? Hell, be a well paid rude dude, but pick a side.
>>
>>46384715
I have been thinking of creating a Cold War gone hot game set in the mid 90s. The premise is that Regan gets successfully assassinated in 1981 and The Soviet Union takes advantage of a less hawkish presidency by asserting their influence Europe and annexing several countries namely Finland and South Africa. Meanwhile the US successfully developes Project Excalibur (in real life a satellite mounted x-Ray laser powered by a nuclear warhead) that when tested detonates all fissionable material on the planet. The PCs fight in the nuclear wasteland 10 years into WW3.
>>
>>46388829
Oh, I haven't run it yet firstly because I've never run anything and was nervous/thought I wasn't ready but now just because I haven't finished fleshing out the world. Once I'm done with that, I'll be keen to give it a shot.

No fuzeors, no blox, no bio-shit. No fucking mega-win death saurers, thats lame.
>>
I'd like to run a Star Wars campaign where Rogue One fail to aquire the Death Star plans. The Rebels are all but destroyed and the empire rules the galaxy. The players have to find the plans, rally an army and destroy the Death Star.
>>
Alternative setting Mouseguard campaign.

PCs are 'uplifted' mice, part of a genetic propagation from a Prometheus-type figure, a dying breed (thanks to the intelligence trait being recessive or some some of conjunctional trait leading to a high rate of sterility or something). They make their living traveling the underground tunnels that make up the known world, ferrying supplies and information between the fortified bastions mousekind uses to protect itself from the growing hordes of feral mice and other predators.

The central premise is the PCs being entrusted with a cargo with the singular ability to stem or break the seemingly inevitable decline of their civilization and how or even whether they can protect it from the grasping hands of those who would use it for personal game.

Primary factions would likely be: noble houses that control the bastions, the guildhalls that control the division of labor and constantly vie for increased influence and an increasingly militant religious organisation venerating the original uplift.

Sort of a semi-apocalyptic/survival horror game drawing on works like 'The Children of Men', 'Metro 2033' and 'A Canticle for Leibowitz'.
>>
Oh dear God this April Fools joke.
>>
File: OPInfographic.jpg (342 KB, 908x1800) Image search: [Google]
OPInfographic.jpg
342 KB, 908x1800
>>46388667
>> A new continent covered with a massive jungle has been discovered

Damn kid, this is my idea also. I read The Wordy Shipmates by Sarah Vowel and became real interested in the motives and methods of the colonization of the new world.

One thing that always bothered me about typical DnD settings is that the world is littered with ruins that have laid untouched for centuries. Man, if that thing was full of treasure, SOMEONE would have looted it by now.

So the old world is pretty much adventured-out. The tombs have all been raided, the monsters have all been killed. The greenskin hordes have been defeated and impressed into servitude. The New World is discovered and it's fresh with exciting new tombs to rob!

So the nations of the Old World start shipping surplus adventurers over there. Colonization of the New World ticks all the boxes for adventuring! Lost ruins! Tombs full of golden treasure! Exotic creatures unknown to civilized man! Foreign cultures that people fell no guilt about exterminating! It's perfect!

I'm stealing that bit about the golems though, I can't believe I never thought of it.

>>46389878
>>Oh dear God this April Fools joke.
I might be dumb, but I'm not getting it. Help a brother out, sempai?
>>
>>46390858
Names and the new layout. Don't refresh your page.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.