[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, in terms of "OH SHIT" factor, of all the traitor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: WorldEatersVSNightLords.jpg (597 KB, 808x527) Image search: [Google]
WorldEatersVSNightLords.jpg
597 KB, 808x527
So, in terms of "OH SHIT" factor, of all the traitor legions it all comes down to the World Eaters and the Night Lords.

From the point of view of someone on a planet about to be attacked, which of the two Legions you absolutely DON'T wanna be attacked by? Which of the tow is the most hardcore, psychotic, balls to the wall Legion?

This isn't a World Eaters VS Night Lords question, this is about which of the two is the most fucking extreme and the ones you absolutely would not want to face in battle from a Loyalist Guardsman/Planetary Defense point of view.
>>
>>46377814
Night Lords, cuz Berzerkers just wanna kill me. Who fuckin knows what those spooky bastards will do to me.
Also I fail to see why Emperor's Children aren't on this list. I wouldn't wanna be captured by a Slaaneshi.
>>
>>46377814
>>46377814

Well, it's basically Freddy vs Jason. Night Lords are Freddy with all their spooky scary shit, "fear me and I become more powerfull" crap. World Eaters when zerked are like Jason, a smart intelligent Jason, but a unstoppable juggernaut of death either way.

IMO all the Edge Lords got going for them is the scary and psychological warfare factor. Once the WOW factor settles down and people get organized (if they get organized), defenders at least stand a chance of pushing them back or holding their ground, reason why the Edge Lords do a fuckton of blitzkrieg/guerilla type attacks and fall back before people can get over the shock.

World Eaters are pretty much like a giant tidal wave. You shoot one down and it doesn't do shit to stop the one behind him, probably motivates him even further. They just won't stop bum-rushing until you are dead, or they are dead, which can be kinda demoralizing since you can't really "hold them", either you die or they die.

In terms of doing fucked up horrible shit, I think both of them are on the same page. The Night Lords got that whole "flaying you alive and wearing your face to a date with your girlfriend" crap, but World Eaters will probably try to tear off your head with their bare hands, or will just drag your corpse on the asphalt until only the head remains... yeah they got that whole "kill quickly" thing, but it's a goddamn mad berserker, who isn't really thinking and just wants your head.

That's just how I see it.
>>
>>46377814
Night lords, it's a lot like being killed by a cat or a dog from a rodent's point of view
From that point of view, world eaters are a lot like a terrier, it'll come right at you, is impossible to fight conventionally and when it gets there it will rip you into tiny fucking pieces
On the other hand, there are the night lords, who are more like cats. They prefer to play with their food, so they'll pounce out of nowhere, but they won't kill you. They'll wound you and wound you and wound you until all hope is gone and you collapse and die
tl;dr, night lords, because they are utter, utter arseholes
>>
>>46377872
>Also I fail to see why Emperor's Children aren't on this list. I wouldn't wanna be captured by a Slaaneshi.

I didn't include them because i felt best to narrow it down to the two most "GIVE ME YOUR FLESH" legions. The World Bearers do a lot of sadistic fucked up shit too, but i don't think they hold a candle to WE or NL's. And can't it go both ways with Slaaneshi? I mean, it's a 50/50 chance a Noise Marine will either keep you as a pet and caringly/creeply love you and stroke your hair or a butt-rape you with his mutated dick wrapped with barbed wire, cuz I get the vibe that Slaanesh is about both ends of the "pleasure" coin.
>>
>>46377814

I wouldn't want to face either. PERIOD.

But if I had to pick, I would go with World Eaters. IMO I still think World Eaters are the most brutal fighters out there... like Dethklok concert on speed kinda brutal. But their Khornatte religion is all about killing fast, killing quickly and killing with honor. Yeah, they may hang my body on a mast later or stomp it until it's a river of gore, but at least I'll be already dead.

Night Lords would just tie me to a table and use me as part of a human-centipede and then use that to mess with the people in another fortified area. They might even do that, kill everyone on the planet, and leave me and the human centipede alive (and maybe others) alive and walking around amidst all the dead. They might even take our food so the centipedes have to eat the dead. It's their fucking style.

Nope, it's World Eaters. Take my head Kharn senpai..
>>
>>46378052
I don't know about that, a bunch of word bearers with a little prep time can turn the population and pdf of an entire world against itself due to corruption shenanigans.
>>
>>46378052
World Eaters want to kill you
Night Lords will kill you slowly and you'll die after untold suffering
Emperor's Children will use you until you die
Word Bearers unleash impossible horrors and offer your soul to eternal damnation, you will pray for death when your existence is nothing but suffering

Word Bearers, not even once.
>>
>>46377814
Not familiar with the lore...are Night Lords just specialized in being edgy or what?
>>
>>46380050
Terror tactics and psychological warfare so I guess you could put it that way if you were underage or a memester
>>
>>46379974

> Word Bearers unleash impossible horrors and offer your soul to eternal damnation, you will pray for death when your existence is nothing but suffering

Unless you kneel down, carve a chaos star on your forehead. In that case they will stop trying to torment your soul and join you in a circle of prayer.
>>
>>46379974
>Word Bearers, not even once.

Offer to connect you to the wisdom and power of actual Gods.

Why are they considered the bad guys?
>>
At least you stand a chance of living with these.

Death Guard or The Purge show up?
HA!

Go back to school, papa Nurgle is the last one I want to meet.
>>
>>46379974

> World Eaters attack
Just grab the nearest sharp thing and start hacking off the head of dead bodies while yelling KILL MAIM BURN! With any luck they will blind charge past you while you fade into the background.

> Nigh Lords attack
Lay down and slap on some gore. They can't torture what they think is dead, so they will just go after the living.

> Emperor's Children
Immedially start having sex in the misionary position for the purpose of procreation, preferably with a member of the oposite sex, of the same species. They will mistake you for one of their own

> Word Bearers attack
Just fall in with their flock and start speaking "Imhotep" in a low, eerie voice over and over again while blending with the crowd until you have fallen back to a safe enough distance to make your escape.
>>
>>46380276
>They can't torture what they think is dead, so they will just go after the living.

>Hey guys look! A fresh body! Good, because I needed a new cloak and gloves.
>>
>>46380419

> Goddamit Eduardo, that one isn't even rotten yet. We are trying to run a freak show here, not a fashion train. Now go on and go find yourself a proper rotten corpse.
>>
>>46380209

Because the actual gods are evil.
>>
Reminder that nightlords made heldrakes, which are like starscream but less retarded.
>>
File: Lorgar_Aurelian_sketch.png (2 MB, 1041x924) Image search: [Google]
Lorgar_Aurelian_sketch.png
2 MB, 1041x924
>>46380599
nice try loyalist dog
>>
>>46380611

That's LORD Starscream.
>>
>>46380611
reminder that night lords lose to feudal peasant levy
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 600x795) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 600x795
>>46380814
The peasants were lead by the spiritual liege who's kills avatars of Khaine with his bare hands.
>>
>>46380814
Well they're a bunch of uplifted mad max mooks, what would you expect?
>>
>>46380276
They can't torture what they think is dead,

I recall reading something about Space Marines hearing heartbeats but can't recall the source nor if it was just the scanners in their helmets.

Either way, I doubt this would work compared to the other ideas.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.