[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd Edition pdfs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: wfrp-preview1_lrg.jpg (449 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
wfrp-preview1_lrg.jpg
449 KB, 1600x900
First and foremost, I'm a newb. So please, bear with me for a bit.

I've been looking everywhere for the pdf pack of every released book, but haven't found it. I found a couple of packs in tors but they come missing one book or two.

Does anyone out there has the pdf's?
>>
Amazingly enough, having the .pdf for the complete collection of Warhammer 3e is pretty stupid because the vast majority of your gaming information is going to be printed on cards, handouts, career sheets, party sheets, etc.

The books offer useful knowledge of course and great outlines, but without those cards and such they are incomplete games. The exception is the Player's Handbook, Creature Companion and DM's Guide hard back books.

Those give you everything you need to run the game without having cards, EXCEPT for the dice which are hard to come by and to really have a good pool you are going to need about 3 of the dice packs since they are stingy with dice in those.

I find it neat that FFG actually managed to successfully combat piracy by having a component heavy game, but at the same time lost sales because those same components drove up the price and caused veterans to pass on the title.
>>
>>46358638

For clarification I have the entire game collection.

That is over 90 careers, 200+ skills, 200+ spells, 200+ blessings, about 100 locations, 50+ items, 200+ tactics (excluding career specific tactic cards), 100+ standees, and silly amounts of tokens and stance meter add-on bits.

That isn't even getting into the massive amount of wound cards, the miscast cards, condition cards, rune magic cards, insanity cards, and disease cards (over 500 of those combined together)

You will be missing about 4/5ths of a game by just getting the texts. Even the hardcover tomes and vaults for them only leave with about 1/3 of the available content.
>>
>>46358638
Sorry but I forgot to mention, I have the basic set that comes with the cards and dices. But since I'm not from US or EU(and that we are in a very bad shape economy-wise) I can't afford the books, otherwise I'd buy them all, I love warhammer.
>>
>>46358847
OP here, I envy you deeply. How much did all of it cost you?
>>
>>46358868

Then you are still kind of fucked, friend when it comes to content because, like the base game, those books don't list the actions, spells, and what not anywhere in the tomes and the pdfs would not include them.

That said, if you want something to improve what you have, you should look for the pdf of the hardcover books and try to save up for the vaults.
>>
>>46358847
BTW, can you put it all in a table and take a picture of it so I can envy you more?
>>
>>46358933
Is this what you mean by "vaults" ?
http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Games-Creature-Vault/dp/1589947398/ref=pd_sim_21_1/188-8794929-6616023?ie=UTF8&dpID=51494v2drAL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR105%2C160_&refRID=1RCEDR0VTFAZHVPCC199
>>
>>46358847
>>46358933
Then what do you guys suggest me to do? Play Warhammer 2nd edition?
>>
>>46358847
Is there any hope that someone will make a dedication effort to scan all those since 3E is discontinued anyway?
>>
>>46360196
Is 3rd edition discontinued?!?! Because of what? Low sales number?

Now that I know this, it'll get only harder to get everything we have to in order to play the game properly.

It would be great if someone made the effort do scan everything
>>
>>46359041

Yeah that's what I meant by vault (also sorry for the delay, my internet shat a brick on me)

>>46358914

All in all, counting the binders for the cards and sleeves?

Well over $1000. Close to the $1500 mark I would say.

>>46358987

>Put it all on a table and take a picture

Not right now. Table is full of stuff D&D game later tonight. Sunday is Warhammer night. Monday is online random RPG sessions with light stuff, Tuesdays and Wednsdays are D&D with online players and IRL players. Thurs-Sat, rest and adventure prep.

>>46359397

>2e

A lot easier if you only have the books and dice to play, I am not going to lie. 3e is a better game on the whole in my opinion because it is more flexible with the narrative dice system and a lot more balanced (naked dwarf syndrome is the most obvious example).
>>
>>46360196

I seriously doubt it given the amount of double sided cards involved. It would make more sense to simply create a whole database of the cards set-up like how they are in the PHB Hardcover edition.

>>46361339

It was dicontinued for two main reasons. 1. The sales figures weren't fantastic. They weren't god awful, but not high enough to counteract reason number two.

2. The license for a Warhammer Fantasy RPG was due for a renewal by Games Workshop and FFG figured it wasn't worth it especially since GW (as the story goes) was talking about a major change to the Warhammer Fantasy universe and it would result in a lot of changes to the core books. This would be a new edition change and that would be a major redesign right after a major redesign and FFG figured people wouldn't bite.
>>
>>46361734
wtf how do you find that many people to play with and that much time to spend on it?
>>
>>46361896
>
I seriously doubt it given the amount of double sided cards involved. It would make more sense to simply create a whole database of the cards set-up like how they are in the PHB Hardcover edition.
Well, how likely is anyone to do that instead
>>
Just play 2e like normal people
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.