[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright Gentlemen, Forge world has replied to your email after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13
File: forgeworld.png (145 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
forgeworld.png
145 KB, 640x359
Alright Gentlemen, Forge world has replied to your email after you asked them to add a new type of tank to supplement their models.

It must be somewhere in between of Leman Russ Tank and a Malcador but no bigger.

What do you send them?
>>
>>46350747
Hercules super-heavy. And none of that FW "lets slap double main guns and quad lasers" bullshit they did with fellblade and falchion.
>>
File: Somua_S35_number_70.jpg (43 KB, 971x456) Image search: [Google]
Somua_S35_number_70.jpg
43 KB, 971x456
>>46350747
Damn. I guess that rules out the black prince and anything else in that size class.

I'd probably go with this, It just screams APC but also a tank?

Somua Cavalry Vehicle.
>>
File: MalcadorHeavyTank.jpg (44 KB, 711x451) Image search: [Google]
MalcadorHeavyTank.jpg
44 KB, 711x451
>>46350790
He did just say nothing larger than a Malcador.
>>
File: PzKpfwIIIH.Saumur.000a1y8q.jpg (95 KB, 800x468) Image search: [Google]
PzKpfwIIIH.Saumur.000a1y8q.jpg
95 KB, 800x468
>>46350747
Awesome! Panzer III, It isn't bigger than a malcador.
>>
>>46350882
You mean Malcador the super-heavy tank?

How big do you think the Hercule is, because it's basically a Malcador with its battle cannon turret and 3 lascannons (5 lascannons for the command versions).
>>
File: Ragnarok.jpg (148 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Ragnarok.jpg
148 KB, 1024x768
We'll never get a ragnarok. Or those old wave serpents.
>>
>>46350747

A Land Raider that costs less than 200pts.
>>
>>46351005
You seem to have the http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Malcador_%28Heavy_Tank%29 and the http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Baneblade confused.

>>46351026
>Old wave serpents.
Curious about those.

As for ragnarok, Kinda confused they aren't made as the poor mans model.

Shit plastic, shit production.
>>
>>46350747

Oh nigga I got you covered. Bear in mind, it's a WIP, and I haven't playtested it yet, so no idea how it'll play.

Throne of the Dark Gods:

>BS4 AV(F12 S12 R12)
>Type: Vehicle (Tank/Chariot, Open-Topped, Transport)

Wargear:
>One Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter
>Searchlight
>Smoke Launchers
>Extra Armor
>Dirge Caster

Transport Capacity: 10 models + Rider (8 models + Rider if Rider is in Terminator Armor).

Special Rules:
>Assault Transport

>Vessel of Chaos: In addition to the ten models a Throne of the Dark Gods may transport, the Throne of the Dark Gods also acts as a Chariot for the armies Warlord, and must be taken as a Chariot for said Character. While the Warlord must begin the game embarked upon the vehicle as its Rider, during any subsequent Movement Phase, the Character may choose to disembark the Throne of the Dark Gods, alongside a unit, at which point the Throne reverts to being a standard Vehicle and Tank. Note that unless it is acting as a Chariot, a Throne of the Dark Gods may not Assault.

>Hammer of the Warlord: When Assaulting as a Chariot, a Throne of the Dark Gods makes D6 Hammer of Wrath attacks at S6, in addition to the Attacks of the Rider. These attacks are made at S7 if the Throne of the Dark Gods has moved Flat-Out in the previous turn.

>Throne of the Marked: As long as the Rider is embarked, all friendly units within 12" of the Throne of the Dark Gods gain the Zealot special rules.

Options:

>May take equipment from the Chaos Vehicle Equipment list
>May take two Sponson-mounted Twin-Linked Heavy Bolters for +20pts.
>May replace any Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter with a Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer for free, or a Reaper Autocannon for +10pts each.

Based on a Land Raider chassis.
>>
>>46351043
Images?
>>
>>46351043
>Based on a Land Raider chassis.
Ah. Fuck. Right.

Open top not many people have done mods of that nature. Cool idea.
>>
File: hercules.jpg (252 KB, 1024x666) Image search: [Google]
hercules.jpg
252 KB, 1024x666
>>46351041
>You seem to have the

Look, m8, you better start coming clean about what you think we're talking about here because this is getting retarded.

Here's the Hercules, both the normal (at the bottom, with the battle cannon) and command versions (no cannon, 5 lascannons). How fucking massive does that look to you?
>>
>>46350747
> Vespid soundwaves disrupter, antigrav
Probably smaller than a Russ though...

> Tau Whaleshark
Basically a bigger hammerhead to allow one of the following: transport (tau doctrine of mobile firepower), drone Harbinger or maybe some sort of area shield.

I got nothing for kroot...
I guess gue'vesa could have more or less modified imperial tech?

> ork Choppa-Krusha
A gigantic frontal drill, as many rocket as possible for an engine, direction optional, maybe some crazy passengers... That's pretty much it.

> Necron World devastor
Pretty much a smaller version of the Star wars thing: eat materials, shit scarabs. Maybe a graviton-like attack as it devours armour to build additional scarabs.

> Some sort of "all you can buy" demon engine abomination
Space hulks are an amalgamation of ships, those thing are the same with tanks. You can add weapon after weapon on it, but the more you put the less mobile it is, until the point it can't move at all and is just wonky pile of gun-turrets that has to be invoked on the battlefield.
>>
>>46351143
Either in the top left that's a land raider with a turret or another tank next to it.

Still that dome turret tank looks pretty neat and so does that one on the bottem right.
>>
>>46351186
>I got nothing for kroot...
It would be better to make theirs look like steam engines given that their weapons are based on that period.

Steam trains and things like that.
>>
File: hetzer.jpg (44 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
hetzer.jpg
44 KB, 500x321
>>46350747
A Tank Destroyer based off the Jagdpanzer.
>>
>>46351264
The thing is their role right now (at least fluffwise, crunchwise you will need a sniper tank) is light infantry, infiltrators, scouts...
That lead to motojets or things like that that are more tau, or animal things which they already have.
So that mean you had to create a new facet to the kroot. What would the kroot have for heavier warfare?
>>
>>46351354
So the laser tank destroyer?
>>
>>46350747
Nothing, we do not need yet another tank variant.
>>
File: He's a traitor.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
He's a traitor.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>46351970
He's a traitor.
>>
>>46351041
>>Old wave serpents.
>Curious about those.
Not OP but these are the good Armorcast Wave Serpents from before you were born.
One of the most stylish models ever, but finding them is such a hassle.....
>>
>>46351026
GW could produce this and other alternative Guard sculpts with zero changes to the rules and still made loads of dosh, yet they choose not to.
>>
>>46352200
Wait, since when has GW produced a model because the fans want it?
(when they did, it could always be described as accidental, yet they did got serious dough with those, from what I hear[admech, harlis, new bloodthirster, new eldar jetbike.....])
>>
>>46352150
>Before you were born..

Anyhow. I'd recommend forgetting them as a wave serpent instead reuse the asset as a mobile webway.

It looks like it, something that can't attack but can deploy troops anywhere on the battlefield as long as its there.
>>
>>46352508
I would use them as "civilian eldar craft" in protect the civies scenarios, if I ever could get my hands on one for a reasonable prices.
>>
>>46352646
People sell entire army's online on Ebay.

I've got an entire space marine and some elder units from a bygone era.
>>
>>46352508
>It looks like it, something that can't attack but can deploy troops anywhere on the battlefield as long as its there.
> Not moving enemy troops too.
> Not using two portals on enemy fire to make him shoot himself.
>>
>>46352836
Now your thinking with webways.

Webways theme song plays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg67XggeraM
>>
>>46352836
Greatest fucking idea ever conceived, You could have your anit tank on the otherside of the battlefield firing into a entry portal while your exit is position to fire on enemy armor and like wise.

Suddenly the elder become this even more awesome race.
>>
File: mineflail.jpg (13 KB, 504x282) Image search: [Google]
mineflail.jpg
13 KB, 504x282
>>46351043
Pretty good acktually.

>>46350747
>Name
Lionsmane destroyer
>Fluff
While the Leman Russ was named after the Primarch Leman Russ. The Lionsmane is said to have been developed secretly by Lion El'Jonson for use against heavy infantry and blockade breaking. The tank equips a mineflail ostensibly called a manefail and it is from this that the lionsmane takes its name.

BS 4 AV(F13 S13 R10)
Type: Vehicle (Tank, Transport)

Wargear:
>6 Hunter killer missiles (one shot)
>Mane-flail (S4 ap4 Assault 10)
>1 forward mounted twin linked plasma cannon OR Gryphon mortar +40pts
>1 pintle mounted Plasma blastgun (Str 7 Ap2 Rapid fire 2/4), can be upgraded to Heavy bolter (free)
>Searchlight
>Smoke launchers
>Extra armour cannot be taken as this is a rare variant with a tempremental machinespirit

Transport:
>10 models (Or 5 models in terminator armour) Can exit vehicle from sides or front. To exit front flail must be turned off and in upright position.

Special rules:
>Assault Transport

>Mane-flail
The maneflail projects 3" from the vehicle front and automatically hits any infantry in front of it or in the path of its movement. As a biproduct any and all mines in front of the maneflail detonate without hitting the vehicle. If striking another vehicle the mineflail does no damage.
>>
>>46352276
>create a whole new range of models
>accidental
>>
File: BT5.png (228 KB, 561x350) Image search: [Google]
BT5.png
228 KB, 561x350
I'd like a "fast" tank concept
>>
>>46350747
A Piranha with a hull-mounted railgun.
Not the heavy railrifle, those are for pussies.
>>
>>46350981
>>46353403
Chimeradon, I believe, is a Chimera hull tank with a conqueror cannon (48" S8 AP3 Blast).
>>
>>46351905
>So the laser tank destroyer?
Something like that.

I'm imagining a S10 AP1 Heavy 3, or something like that.
>>
>>46353819
Don't those exist?
>>
>>46354409
They are s9 ap2 and have to forfeit moving to shoot 3 times but yes, they do exist already.
>>
File: Hëävy Mëtäl.jpg (822 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Hëävy Mëtäl.jpg
822 KB, 1680x1050
>>
>>46352836
Now I'm going to need a webway table to play alongside to any normal table playing eldar/DE.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.