[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k New Player, and Skitarii.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 640x336
Hello all, I'm looking to start my first army soon, and I've decided to go with Skitarii. I currently have pdfs of the Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii Codices, as well as the 7th edition rules.

Could I have some advice on how to not screw up building/putting together the models, as well as painting them, and general advice for being a new player?

Also, I see that the Start Collecting! Skitarii pack has a unique formation called the Dominus Maniple that lets you field all the units that cone with it, does anyone know how many points it is?

And for my final question, I'm torn between choosing between Metalica or Ryza for my paint scheme. I'm leaning towards Ryza, and would line to know what paints I should buy for them.

Oh, and one more question, what should I equip my units with, as I've heard that the Dominus Maniple is Vanguard only as well.

I'd like to believe that I have a basic understanding of the rules, but I'm sorry if I have a hard time understanding certain answers and questions, and thank you in advance.
>>
>>46344175
Honestly, I think I might just stick to the Mars color scheme, as it's nice and simple enough for me, as well as there being a video on how to paint it.
>>
the base for Dominus Maniple is 250pts. and with max points put in to upgrades, it's a around 650pts.
>>
>>46344231
and yes it is vanguard only, but vanguard are much better than rangers, despite not looking as cool
>>
>>46344231
>>46344254
I'm perfectly fine with the Vanguard, I think they look cool, and I like the whole "Rad Trooper" bit of their lore.

But anyways, do you know what exactly the Dominus Maniple comes with, so I could apply the upgrades? And if so, what upgrades should I apply?
>>
Onager Dunecrawler, Skitarii Vanguard, and Tech Priest Dominus,, with no changes to their units besides only being able to take one onager instead of a squad of 3
>>
>>46344493
Interesting. Although, I'm afriad that I meant that I wanted to know what weapons/upgrades the vox comes with, terribly sorry for not clarifying properly.
>>
Bump for advice.

If anyone else does come in here, I will likely be sleeping, or busy.
>>
>>46345591
Are you asking for the abilities of the formation or are you asking for the options of the units inside the formation?
>>
The formation allows the tech priest to nominate an enemy unit within 18' of him each turn and let units within the formation reroll hits against that enemy unit. Simple but practical bonus that can come into play very often if you manage to get your tech priest up in the frontline. Your vanguard should always take omnispex to cuck enemies out of cover saves, then it's just a choice between taking 3 arc rifles or 3 plasma calivers.
>>
>>46345670
Both, really.

>>46346517
Ah, I can see that would be quite useful. Thank you.
>>
>>46348634
The Start Collecting box contains full sprues, which gives you 1 of every option.

I'm assuming you have no prior Warhammer experience?

Clean mold lines before building.
>>
>>46348685
Good to know that it comes with 1 of every option, I'll try and think of what to equip them with. Got any tips for that?

Yes, I have no prior experience.

Got it.
>>
>>46344175
Play war convocation if you want to win, play anything else if you want to have a fun game.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.