[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do all powerful and all knowing beings fight boredom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: laser bear.jpg (74 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
laser bear.jpg
74 KB, 500x340
How do all powerful and all knowing beings fight boredom?
>>
>>46339930

Give your creations free will
>>
Ever wonder why bad shit happens for seemingly no reason? It doesn't happen for no reason. It happens because those all-knowing, omnipotent beings have orchestrated the ripples of fate just to fuck you over for no other reason than the fact that it amuses them.

The gods are a blight! Throw off your shackles! Today humanity rises against it's supposed "masters!"
>>
by either figuring out a way to stop being bored using their all knowing or else removing their ability to be bored by being all powerful
>>
>>46339930
Laser bears is a good start.
>>
>>46339930
They roll dice and spend all their time figuring out how to cease existing.
>>
>Take your all-knowing ability and find a way to suppress it for X days/hours/minutes.
>Find some smuck walking down the street.
>Wonder what he'll do if X, Y, or Z happen.
>Create an alternative timeline for all three and delete them after you've had your fun.
>Repeat ad infinitum.
>>
>>46339930
>>46340120

I thought my day couldn't get better than I read this. Thanks.
>>
>>46340175
I do that too.
>>
>>46339930
Split off pieces of your consciousness into innumerable free willed shards, each such creature is 100% ignorant of the fact that it is a piece of the all knowing being until it reaches its death state.
Thus the being can experience mortal life and be surprised at every turn.
...and hijinks ensue.

>>46340120
Lazer bears are also good.
>>
By stripping themselves of their infinite knowledge and power by putting hem selves into a mortal form. Of course there are innumerable safeguards to make sure you get your powers back upon death, nobody notices your true form, and nobody can steal your true power in any way/shape/form. After a while they'll give themselves tiny fractions of their power or intelligence and live a life of a mythic hero or great seer.
>>
>>46339930
Create mortals
>>
They use their omniscience and omnipotence to get rid of their boredom.
>>
Make games about the fate of the world, I suppose.
>>
>>46339930

Maybe they know how to stop being bored, and are powerful enough to do it?
>>
File: DOTS.png (266 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
DOTS.png
266 KB, 400x300
>>46339930
>How does magic work?
>Why is necromancy evil?
>Can a paladin do drugs and not fall?
>What happens if an object is enchanted twice?
>What do elves think of slavery?
>Do female dwarves have beards?
>Can a demon ever turn good, and if so, is it still a demon?
>What you you call a half-orc-half-elf?
>Do elementals have souls?
>How do you kill a vampire?
>What do healing potions taste like?
>How many legs does a dragon have?
I DEMAND A SINGLE CORRECT ANSWER THAT APPLIES TO EVERYTHING!!
>>
>>46343291
Aren't you ever curious about the opinions and ideas of other people? Just pretend that every response is prefaced with 'In my setting' or 'How I would do this is.'
>>
One Punch Man
>>
>>46339930
They play D&D.
>>
>>46343323
This is the proper response to almost all "depends on the setting" posts.
I always presume that the "in your setting" is silent.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7 KB, 234x215
They become a hero as a hobby
>>
>>46339951
Kek
>>
They fuck with mortals and with other gods, literally and figuratively.
>>
>>46339930
An omnipotent being would simply stop caring about boredom

Omnipotent≠potentially omnipotent
>>
>>46343291
Magic is a complex of natural phenomenas. Be specific.
Because it fucks with natural order.
Yes.If his God prohibits then no.
It gets two enchantments.
They support it.Just like any other sapient being.
Depends on genes. But mostly yes.
Yes.No ,he automatically turns back to angel.
Div
No
Burn it.
Ambrosia.
None.
>>
>>46339951
This.
>>
>>46339930
Ever taken a look at the state of the world? There you go...
>>
If you know everything, how can you be bored?
>>
If they're really omnipotent, they could just make themselves not-bored.
Kind of a shitty way to go about it, sure, but at least it's risk-free.
>>
boredom is a function of the human brain that specifically rewards novelty and punishes repetition. Even if an all powerful being had such a construct inside their own mind, presumably they could just delete it themselves and then never be bored.
>>
>>46347840
>risk-free.

no.
no it is not.
>>
File: 1406776506788.png (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1406776506788.png
1 MB, 1200x1200
I always like to imagine they go find the person in the world with the most interesting experience: great adventure or intense emotions and then inject themselves into that person's shoe to live out that really interesting period, giving up their omnipotence for that duration so they can live in the moment.

And yes I'm implying Homura does this with Sayaka, since she's the only one with memories from previous universe
>>
>>46349138
They could make it risk free though. Omnipotent doesn't mean "all powerful except for this one thing"
>>
>>46343339
>>46347173
>all knowing
durr
>>
>>46349187
It's not risk free for the surroundings of the omnipotent being if the "make oneself not bored" thing implies actually doing shit instead of just snapping your fingers.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.