[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stat me, /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (296 KB, 393x575) Image search: [Google]
file.png
296 KB, 393x575
stat me, /tg/
>>
>>46330229
asspulls: infinite
>>
>>46330229
High Concept: The Great Detective of Baker Street
Trouble: Cocaine Is For More Than Eye Surgery
Aspect 3: Friends & Foes In Scotland Yard
Aspect 4: A Network of Beggars And Orphans
Aspect 5: No Slouch In A Fistfight

Stunt: There Is Only One Woman
When resisting a seduction attempt by anyone other than Irene Adler, add +2 to your Will roll.

Give him high Notice, Investigate, and Lore, midrange Fight, Physique, Provoke, and Will, and low Empathy, and you're set.
>>
>>46330272
Are you talking about the Holmes from the books, whose deductive reasoning is actually pretty solid? Or the one from the new BBC series, who might as well be a fucking wizard?

I want to say I don't understand why tumblr loves it, but tumblr is the antithesis of quality.
>>
>>46334085
When it mostly sticks to the source material it's quite solid and exciting. The original parts are a bit painful to watch, though.
>>
>>46334164
This desu
>>
>>46334164
Which series?
Are we talking Jeremy Brett?
>>
>>46334164
The first couple were great, but the second run was a noticeable drop in quality. I think the best episode is the one with Adler, personally.

Tumblr is all over it for a couple of reasons. One, they get progressiveboners over shipping Holmes and Watson. Two, a maladjusted but brilliant protagonist is their ideal self-insert, because they don't realise that they only fir one of those criteria. Three, one of the writers also writes for Dr. Who, so their loyalty is transferred over from that series.

They are, of course, also all crazy.
>>
>>46334406
Nah, Jeremy Brett is just altogether excellent, I mean Behelit Cummingfast.
>>
>>46334506
You mean Beandig Cucumberpatch?
>>
>>46334506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsiE8ABiztU
>>
>>46334418
Which is odd because Tumblr would hate the original Sherlock Holmes

>Patriotic
>Racist by modern standards
>Loved guns
>Misogynistic
>Loved explaining everything.
>>
>>46334913
Yes but gentlemen and hats.
>>
>>46334967
Are not products of Tumblr approved culture but of imperialistic aristocratic white culture. So double racist.
>>
>>46335001
Why is it white and not British? Why are all whites lumped together into a big pot? There's as much difference between a Serbian and a Welshman as a Japanese man and and a Bengalese man.
>>
File: Holmes.png (212 KB, 762x998) Image search: [Google]
Holmes.png
212 KB, 762x998
>>
>>46335025
I'm rubbing my nipples RIGHT NOW.
Just throwing that out there.
>>
>>46334418
I quite enjoyed the wedding episode. It wasn't too bad by the show's standards. (Not that that's high praise)
>>
>>46335267
And good for you as long as no children or non-consenting adults are in the room, but it doesn't answer my question
>>
>>46334418
>Two, a maladjusted but brilliant protagonist is their ideal self-insert
Sherlock Holmes in the novels was probably severely autistic, not a "high functioning sociopath" (something that doesn't even exist, mind you). Healsotalksreallyfastwhileinsultingpeoplesothatmustmeanhe'sreallysmartandwittyevenifhiswordsmakezerosenseyouantiintellectualcretin.
>>
>>46335759
I love that he doesn't know that the Earth revolves around the sun until Watson tells him, and then promptly resolves to forget that fact as soon as possible in case it takes up memory space reserved for valuable crime-solving know-how. He's just such a nut.

As for 'high functioning sociopath', I would agree that it's certainly not a medical term to distinguish one sociopath from another, but I would say that it's still useful to talk about sociopaths who still manage to exist in society without alienating everyone they know or turning to a life of crime or whatever.
>>
>>46335025
>Why is it white and not British? Why are all whites lumped together into a big pot?

Because Tumblr is secretly hilariously bigoted.
>>
>>46340796
>Secretly
>>
>>46335025
>Japanese man and and a Bengalese man.
In America, they are both Asian.
Stop trying to be a snowflake. OH, you must single me out for my special culture when EVERYONE else's background is ignored! Fuck you, mang.
>>
Rolled 2, 5, 2 + 3 = 12 (3d6 + 3)

Assuming you roll for stats, I will roll for him then stat him 5e d&d style. I am also going to assume low power campaign, so naturally his stats will be overall lower.
>>
>>46341631
gah, messed it up. going to use an outside source for rolling dice, thank god for wizards of the coast dice roller.

12, 7, 11, 10, 5, 10.

Sherlock Holmes is a Neutral Good Level 1 Human Investigator with a Noble background, trained in Bluff, Athletics, Insight and Persuasion.
Humans get +1 to all abilitiy scores.
Strength: 11
Dexterity: 11
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 8
Wisdom: 6
Charisma: 13
>>
>>46331269
First time i've seen a Fate sheet in a stat me thread
>>
>>46344590
I kind of half-assed it, too, but I was at work without my Fate books OR my Sherlock Holmes books.
>>
>>46334913
To be fair he gets outwitted/outdone by women on a usual basis.
>>
>>46331269
Personally, I've never bought the idea that Holmes had a thing for Adler; he was fascinated by her and respected her intelligence, but he never seemed to consider romantic feelings to be worthwhile.
>>46344720
He was temporarily fooled by women, but only one woman ever outsmarted by one - Adler.
>>
>>46348753
Whether he fancied her or not, I think she's the only woman who could successfully beguile him in that way-- even if it was only because he wanted to see where she was going, rather than for her actual charms. I mean, it's not like the stunt makes him WEAK to a seduction by Adler, he just doesn't get a bonus to resist, and his Will roll is still pretty good, when the GM isn't compelling his cocaine Trouble.
>>
>>46350707
Excellent point. In that case, I'd use "beguile" or "bluff" instead of "seduce".
>>
>>46334535
*Bamhut Cunt'n'snatch

Didn't he play the an autist in that other movie too?
>>
>>46352531
You mean Builtafire Can'tlightthematch?

I think he was in the Immitation Game as Turing.
>>
File: 76273925_1482089_120738_max.jpg (54 KB, 600x479) Image search: [Google]
76273925_1482089_120738_max.jpg
54 KB, 600x479
>>46330229
Best Holmes: Soviet Commie.

Prove me wrong, except you can't.

Watch it, it's extremely good.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.