[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be playing 5th edition for the first at some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Fr-logo.gif (28 KB, 382x106) Image search: [Google]
Fr-logo.gif
28 KB, 382x106
I'm going to be playing 5th edition for the first at some local gaming store and I hear the generic setting everyone uses is Forgotten Realms. What I want to do is a make a generic knight/paladin who rides his charger into battling carries a big lance, shiny long sword, etc. What kingdom would best suit my character concept?
>>
>>46325297
There's a lot of possibilities, but I'm not extremely familiar with FR. I can think of Tethyr, Cormyr, or the Moonshae Isles. There are probably others, though.
>>
>>46325297
Thay
>>
>>46325297
Ha ha ha.

>>46325297
Most important is the god that you want to follow as a paladin. Popular are Torm (LG, god of duty, loyalty, and courage, War domain) and Tyr (LG, god of justice, War domain), but there are others such as Ilmater (LG, god of self-sacrifice and endurance, Life Domain) and Helm (LN, god of watchfulness, Life and Light domains).
>>
>>46326238
ups, the first was for Thay >>46325357
>>
>>46325297
Cormyr, Impiltur (they also have some Paladins on Dragons), or Silver Marches (Knights of Silver).

For a god, go Torm. Maaaybe Kelemvor, but Impiltur could also make Bahamut/Marduk possible.
>>
>>46325297
Or you can NOT be a paladin and be a knight without that pansy-ass magic. Go battlemaster fighter with a Knight background from SCAG, it has some examples.
>>
File: distantmirrorbc.jpg (85 KB, 445x641) Image search: [Google]
distantmirrorbc.jpg
85 KB, 445x641
>>46325297
Cormyr is the stereotypical Ye Olde Medieval kingdom with shiny Purple Knights and kings. The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide has all the details.
>>
>>46325297
Cormyr is the common-or-garden medieval kingdom, Tethyr has a strong knightly tradition going on to the point they're big on worshipping a goddess of nobles after the restoration of monarchy (is Siamorphe still around?), the Moonshae Isles have 'em, Elturel's got the Hell Riders, Impiltur's keen on paladins, etc.

>>46326238
>no Red Knight
Doesn't the goddess of strategy get any love? Also, Siamorphe if she is still around.

Also, since I also love playing the lance-and-big-'orse knight (in various shades of armour shininess), it still pisses me off they haven't brought back the 2E rules of lance charging. One d8 more damage doesn't compare to 3d8 times twice.
>>
>>46329847
>Doesn't the goddess of strategy get any love?
Nope.

Hell this guy (>>46326260) is talking about Bahamut and Marduk, most modern players don't give a fuck about the old demigods or lesser godlings.
>>
Helm sees all. know that, and be judged.
>>
>>46329939
Damn, the Red Knight's right there in the SCAG Big List o' Gods. Which is sadly lacking in both the goddess of nobles and the goddess of hookers.

>>46330003
But Helm's a giant cock. Cf. Mystra 1.0 and Maztica for just the biggest examples of Helm dickery.
>>
>>46326238
>Most important is the god that you want to follow as a paladin.
>paladins are clerics
No they aren't.
>>
>>46330231
>Forgotten Realms /Faerun is a 5th edition setting
No it isn't. Most paladins are devote followers of a god, and their ideals directly depends on the god.
>>
>>46326238
Screw those guys, go with Morninglord.

>Mystra's boy toy gets uppity and starts killing your peeps
>go to the Prime Material and beat the shit out of him

Lathander is one hell of a guy.
>>
>>46331735
Well, he did cause that Dawn Cataclysm thing...
>>
>>46330231
In FE, paladins get their powers from their god. Just like in every edition of DnD except fifth. Cause fifth is pants-on-head retarded about fluff.
>>
Damara is the poster child of paladin nations, including hordes of non humans to kill and undead filled dungeons to explore
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.