[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DBZ RPG GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 20
File: DBZ RPG Logo.png (320 KB, 509x401) Image search: [Google]
DBZ RPG Logo.png
320 KB, 509x401
>Most recent version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzqNmYX2wzXZeC13YWl4d0JhRUk/view

This one's a bit too big for 4chan to accept, sorry.

>Suggestions Dock
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZO-js9ylLnqSrl4hVz1iJFE-S-imNrCrdnuyMaVrAk0/edit

Finally, we managed to release the Weapons chapter and the Enemies section. We've done some heavy rebalancing since the last version release and Regalia's worked hard on reformatting the .pdf to allow for a standard printing size. Our next version will come in a couple of days. We rushed this release and we're well aware that there are some grammatical errors that need to be proofread.
>>
>>46320888
> still no Kai rules.

At least you got rid of beastmen.
>>
>Nail Gun
Shit, that's good.
>>
>>46321180
Do not be fooled by this faker, that's not the real EpicMasterMind and this is not the real game
>>
>>46321250
Wait, what?
Explain further.
Never seen this before, so now I'm confused.
Making a whole pdf seems like a lot of effort for a... prank? Troll?
>>
>>46321268
Disregard, I suck cocks.
>>
>>46321268
The DPZ RPG being developed by BASED Regalia and EpicMasterMind is different from this one. There's apparently been someone taking some of the older versions of their game, building them up using rules from other systems, and either claiming them as their own or claiming to be the creators and taking credit.

>>46321302
This is what I get for not using a tripcode I suppose
>>
File: 1456542981932.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1456542981932.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46321268
THIS is the real game.
Wat was posted earlier is a weird ripoff frim another site, that seems to be built on older versions of the one originating here on /tg/, padded out with stuff from other systems.
>>
>>46321180
>>46321249
>>46321268
Last thread Regalia discovered some faggots on reddit ripped off his work and combined it with some WoD shit and claimed it was their own totally original game.
>>
>>46321444
Actually, looks like they'd been working on their own version for about ten years, but lifted some of Regalia's formatting and other ideas.
>>
>>46321477
I'll believe their ten year claim when they can point to versions with dates on them.
Because as it stands, there are whole passages lifted from Regalia and company's work.
>>
>>46321477
>>46321522
Not gonna lie, it's waaaaaaaaay better than Regalia's game either way.
>>
>>46321522
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11765.0.html

Looks like they delete each version and only keep the most up-to-date version on the forums.
>>
>>46321548
>4 unique IPs
>I know I'm one
>The Real Tournament Guy (please stand up) is another
>this guy: >>46321444 is a third
Sure thing, OP.
Either learn to shill softer or gb2 >>>/reddit/
>>
So, are there any examples of canon characters statted out, just so we can get a feel for how the numbers translate?
>>
>>46321751
For Regalia's? I always kind of figured that it was a kind of hazy scaling thing.
>>
File: Caught me.png (28 KB, 654x407) Image search: [Google]
Caught me.png
28 KB, 654x407
>>46321610
>>
>>46320888
In any case, it's worth a look.
>>
>>46322434
All this image shows is that you ARE >>46321477, which I already figured, and AREN'T >>46321444
You just damned yourself even more, OP.
>>
>>46322880
Actually, I'm both >>46321444 and >>46321548
While I think it's shitty some faggots ripped off Regalia, what they made in the end is better.
>>
>>46323186

I don't really care either way. But why would you say it's better?
>>
Does anyone have the most recent version of Dragonballs in the Vineyard? I think the idea seems really bizarre/interesting and I'd like to check it out.
>>
>>46325963
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oTq1TU-_zMdTRR4IoJ9VXu5vvq4lzSm2GNZ1-tU6lvs/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>46324632
Not him, but it looks a bit more complete and like there's been more thought put into the various stats, unlike how INT and CHA are useless in Regalia's game. And most of the skills are boring filler in Regalia's, while they have more use in the other game.
>>
>>46324632
Seems to me like it's more heavily based off of the Storyteller version with some other systems tossed in as flavoring, rather than having a mishmash of whatever shit the devs thought was cool in a game.
>>
inb4 Regalia updates the .pdf with watermarks.
>>
>>46326178

Thank you. Although unfortunately it didn't really have what I was looking for. Maybe they just never got around to making an antagonists section?
>>
>>46330277
Probably not.
>>
So are we getting a Dragon Ball RPG or not?
Also Maggeta rules when
>>
>>46330719
There's two in this thread and the official game from R. Talsorian, but that one only goes up to the Android saga.
>>
>>46330825
Dunno it seems like people are complaining that it's incomplete or that "this and this is broken/shit/whatever"
So I'm waiting for a complete version also Super rules would be a plus cause I'm really getting in to it lately
>>
>>46331236
Is Super really that different from GT, when you think about it?

Some brand new threat we've never heard of before, fighting in space and on new planets, a new set of Dragonballs that are also a threat to Earth, Dragonball-era characters are turned into kids, Goku learns a new Super Saiyan form and then Vegeta unlocks it out of jealousy...
>>
>>46331322
You know except for the whole munchi God of Destruction multiple universe thing not much so far but Dragon Ball progresses slowly,oh and Kid Goku.
>>
>>46331393
>Dragonball-era characters are turned into kids

>brand new threat we've never heard of before

Oh, and previous villains coming back from the dead to fight the heroes. Forgot that.
>>
>>46331416
>a Chinese Cartoon about superhuman fighters
>both have characters in it
>both have Goku
See anon it's not hard to do,but it also doesn't say much.
>>
>>46331459
Keep being in denial about Super being a poor man's GT

At least the art was better in GT.
>>
>>46331481
Here is your reply and I only make it in the hopes that this thread picks up
>>
>>46330277
What, exactly, are you looking for?
>>
>>46331865

It just doesn't have rules for some races/transformations that I'd like to see. And there's no real rules for making enemies that I can see.
>>
>>46332956
Why not scale off of PCs?
>>
File: innovation.png (1 MB, 700x898) Image search: [Google]
innovation.png
1 MB, 700x898
I don't even know what the fuck is going on.

Also, someone in the suggestions doc made a really great little breakdown of a potential system to use for health if we decide to completely abandon HP. Basically, for every 5 HP of damage the attack would perform the defender adds 1 to the DC for a STR+TOU test. Net successes for the attack result in damage effects that don't directly correlate to "damage" per say, but rather fatigue or other things that could compound to take you out of the fight.

The more net successes the more effects compound. So like 5+ net successes for the attack results in the defender getting fucking bodied, flying back into the scenery and getting stuck in some cliffs or something. 1 net success would just add a level of fatigue or something.
>>
>>46335832
Wait, so 5 damage is 1 Fatigue?

That would end fights really fucking quickly. How would it work with Burst Values/Multi-attacks?
>>
>>46335832

Hey Regalia. I like this idea quite a bit more than a simple HP system.
>>
>>46336317
Eh. I'm hanging out in the Playtest Tournament. When someone comes on, we can test it a few times and report how well they worked over here.
>>
>>46336397
BTW, we did another high tier combat test. Two, really. One against an enemy that kept scaling and one between two high tier characters.

In the first test, Vod started off as Tier 3 or so vs. four (then three, since one had to leave) Tier 1s. His defense was pretty massive but the difference between the Tier 1s and up until Tier 5 was negligible, except for bad rolls. What really screwed him up were the STR*3 high Burst Value ki attacks and the status effects. Burning and Blinding basically turned him into a (hard hitting) punching bag until about Tier 6, at which point even the 5 Fatigue from Blinding didn't slow him down much, and then Tier 7 where, even with the temporary Fatigue, he was practically untouchable.

That said, the Fatigue rules state that ALL dice pools are reduced, but this should probably change for ability-based dice rolls, since characters with low INTs and TOUs can't pass the DNs with one or two points of Fatigue.

For the fight between the high tiers, we had a Tier 7 with bonus die and a Tier 9 no bonus die. The Tier 9 was rolling three dice for offense, five for defense, while the Tier 7 was rolling 11 offensive dice and 12 defensive dice. The fight lasted seven rounds with the Tier 9 pulling off the win due to the low explosion threshold. That said, there was a question brought up.

>>46335832
I'm hoping you can answer it. For the Explosive ki attack mod, it says "An attack with this property is able detonates on contact with the target. When calculating damage, this attack may get bonus dice earlier than standard attacks."

Since there is no separate damage roll, should you assign Explosive's advantages to the initial dice roll?
>>
File: 1423069134102.jpg (56 KB, 540x492) Image search: [Google]
1423069134102.jpg
56 KB, 540x492
>>46336317
5 damage correlates to +1 DC to the defender.

The example in the doc posits that the attacker manages to do 43 damage, which you round up to 45, which comes out to DC 9. The defender rolls STR+TOU, or STR+TOU+(Bonus for armor)+(bonus dice from successes for blocking).

The net amount of successes that the attacker gains is then translated to damage effects like the ones found in Wulin/M&M3, where they can do different things. Say that at +4 you could break a limb, or at +1 you deal fatigue or something.

Remember, you can still heal fatigue with Willpower, so you could effectively say that Fatigue becomes the new measurement of health (once you become unable to act you're out of the fight) and that your Willpower effectively becomes your HP should you choose to spend it on healing Fatigue.

There are also some other changes that v0.6 will have, like some skill consolidations to remove redundancies and more overhauls to combat balance if we do indeed decide to abandon traditional HP, which looks likely.
>>
File: Vegeta's_Big_Bang_Attack.jpg (311 KB, 1024x1043) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta's_Big_Bang_Attack.jpg
311 KB, 1024x1043
>>46337004
>Since there is no separate damage roll, should you assign Explosive's advantages to the initial dice roll?

Yes. However - if the opponent tries to dodge or parry, then you go with the number of successes before actually rolling the additional bonus dice.

So if you're at tier 1 and you get a 6,7,7,9 on an Explosive attack with Standard -1, the person dodging or parrying would only have to dodge or parry against a DN of 4. If they take damage, you roll that 9 again like any other die explosion and add any new successes.

Also, fun fact, that means that at Tier 10 with a Standard -4 Explosive attack you get bonus dice on 10-2, making it nearly impossible not to keep rolling dice for damage. In fact, you'd keep rolling until you got a 1. Someone with a better understanding of combinatorics and factorials should do that one out so I can sit in awe at how broken that is.
>>
>>46337223
Don't really need to, ahaha. I was the one playing the Tier 9 and with the three offensive dice. The only reason I won was because I managed to get 22 successes on a roll after charging for a round. Another test roll got me as high as 45 successes. Rolling 3d10 at Tier 10 gives me an average spread of 30-50.

However, we didn't catch the wording until after the fight. I'll have to readjust how I apply it in the future. Maybe some clarification might be a good idea?
>>
File: Satan Punch.gif (2 MB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
Satan Punch.gif
2 MB, 500x270
>>46337428
>Maybe some clarification might be a good idea?
For sure. I've actually been wanting to reformat the Ki Attack Properties section for a while to make it more readable, similar to how transformations look now versus how they used to look.
>>
>>46337876
HAIL SATAN!
>>
>>46337887
I'd rather hail his daughter.
>>
File: 1454699062926.jpg (38 KB, 393x542) Image search: [Google]
1454699062926.jpg
38 KB, 393x542
>>46338785
His daughter's mother-in-law is superior
>>
>>46338810
You cannot sway me from mai waifu with old hags, anon.
>>
>>46339205
She's only twenty-something in that picture!
>>
>>46339255
And by the time that she's Videl's mother-in-law she's all dried up.
>>
>>46339289
She's only 40 by then. I'd hate to see your dating pool is 40 is unacceptable.
>>
>>46339308
I'm in my early twenties.
Forty is a little old for my tastes.
However, I'm mostly joking.
I just have a thing for girls with short hair, and Videl hits that spot just right for the vast majority of her screentime.
Also, Videl has better taste in men.
Goku's a cool guy, but he's not a very good husband or father.
>>
File: 45524112_p0_master1200.jpg (248 KB, 600x459) Image search: [Google]
45524112_p0_master1200.jpg
248 KB, 600x459
>>46338810
>Not wanting to be a shonen hero that gets to sleep next to a qt3.14 that wears Chinese dresses and metal bikinis
>>
>>46339506
Rather be Krillin.
Sure he goes through a lot of shit.
But in the end he also winds up with a VERY happy ending, and the best wife.
>>
>>46320888
Working on my suggestion from a few weeks ago about providing alternate traits for races and giving them some more variation. Already put it in the suggestions thing, but I'm working on more, thinking of trimming/rebalancing some of the ones I currently have.

Humans: Iron Willed: They double their willpower pool.

Saiyans: Extraordinary Senses: Same as the Alien’s Trait of the same name.
Saiyan Constitution: For any check against disease or poison, Saiyans double their TOU pool.

Half-Saiyans: They’re already getting the wider choice variety offered by the Humans/Saiyans.

Beastmen: Evolutionary Adaptation: Beastmen pick Electric, Burning, or Freezing. Their body provides them with a natural way to cope with this element, providing them with +1 to the dice pool when resisting the side effects of those specific modifiers.

Arcosians: Made of Iron: They get the same trait that Humans get.
Nightmare Evolution: Their transformations are so hideous and terrifying that their opponents and allies automatically enter a state of Awe, with no resistance, the first time they see it. Afterwards, they must make an INT check with a DN equal to half the Tier of the form the Arcosian is transforming into.

Androids: Should get the Power Options discussed in [Suggestion: Alternate Android/Cyborg rules]
>>
>>46339998
Majins: Monstrous Energy: Any time a Majin would take Fatigue, they roll a d10. On a 10, they don’t take Fatigue.
Regeneration: As per the Namek Regeneration, save that they don’t need to worry about the head or torso being destroyed.

Namekians: Great Namek: Some Namekians have Extendable Arms. Others have the ability to go further, growing to monstrous sizes. This trait unlocks the Great Namek transformation.
Dragon Clan: Some Namekians come from a clan of sorcerers. This Trait gives one point to the Knowledge: Magic skill and allows the Namekian to perform small feats of magic, such as minor transmutation (CLOTHES BEAM!), healing abilities (free Heal ki attack as offered by alien Healing trait.), and weak precognition (vague feelings of good or bad events only).
Poko Priest: The Namekian has spent all of their time focusing their Ki inwards. Treated as having only one dot in STR and TOU, they spit out eggs to summon monsters to fight for them. They share their Ki pool with these monsters, who take on the Priest’s STR and TOU stats for their own, sharing the AGI and KI stats, skills, and having only one dot in CHA and INT. Each monster created costs one Fatigue point, and each monster created has an equal amount of Fatigue as their creator at the time of creation.
>>
>>46339998
>>46340011
Current edits I'm considering

Nightmare Evolution: Make people spend Willpower to resist the enforced Awe. There's really no penalties for going into Awe except your enemies go up a tier, but there's probably gonna be that one guy who hates that he can't just kick the guy's ass mid-transformation.

Limit the Dragon Clan's magic to purely cosmetic stuff to prevent people from going "I'ma make me some Dragon Balls!" right off the bat.

With Poko Priest, I included it because someone seemed super interested in the idea, but I'm kind of struggling to come up with a balanced way to do this. I'm not sure I succeeded.
>>
>>46340059
>>46340011
>>46339998
Just added a Self Destruct trait for Androids. Might slip it under the Alien Traits suggestion from a while back.
>>
>>46340219
Probably would've helped if I'd posted here.

Self Destruct: Deals damage equal to the sum of all of their dots in a 25 meter radius. Must make an INT or TOU check equal to their KI or TOU scores or die in the process. A success means that their heads have survived, allowing a new body to be built for them.
>>
>>46340246
And some Alien Traits.

Self Destruct: Deals damage equal to the sum of all of their dots in a 25 meter radius. The character dies unless it has some form of regeneration or repair facility, in which case it must make either a KI or a TOU check with a DN equal to their KI or TOU score. Whichever is opposite. Meaning if they make a TOU check, they must roll from their KI pool. If they make a KI check, it must be with their TOU pool.

Alternate Form: Different from a transformation, this allows the user to change shapes and alter their bodies! This does not change their tier or stats in any way, it’s purely cosmetic. However, it might allow them to do something like turn into a flying animal or a fish and survive in those environments as well as the natural kind would!

Marking: By marking an item or being with your ki, you’re able to sense it no matter where they are! Stealth, Afterimages, disguises, and hiding are useless against your senses. Removing such a marking requires a Ki test with a DN equal to your own. If you mark more than one item or being at once, you cannot tell which is which. You can only mark a number of items/beings equal to your (KI+INT)/2.

Ablative Armor: Your race has evolved with not a thick shell, but layers of chitin or scales that break off when hit! At the beginning of every combat, take your TOU and increase it by half of its current dots, rounded up. This extra TOU is temporary, it loses one dot every time you take damage until you hit your normal Toughness rating. It takes either a healing ability or several hours of rest to regenerate your protective layers.
>>
>>46332956
DitV is super narrative in the way it works, it doesn't need a lot of rules minutia. Honestly you could just make things yourself and eyeball the trait dice, or just treat various races AS a collection of traits. Transformations all work the same, so technically all of them are there in that you're supposed to make them yourself.

As for making foes just look in the Dogs rulebook, it's all the same with different fluff.
>>
>>46321180
Has anyone actually made any Beastmen characters? I've seen aliens, humans, Arcosians, Majins, Androids, Saiyans, Half-Saiyans, and Namekians, but the only Beastman I've actually seen was a dev.
>>
>>46343035
When playing around making characters I made a Chaotzu sized mouse man named Korobi Jakku whose whole schtick was he hated people calling him cute because he was wanted to be a serious, hardass fighter.
>>
>>46343035
Ther
>>
>10 different versions of the system claiming to be the original
>mfw my system is still better
>mfw I have no face because I'm on mobile
>>
File: Vegeta_First.png (595 KB, 614x460) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta_First.png
595 KB, 614x460
>>46346256
I don't know why people are so upset over the plagiarism, Regalia's game is still full of holes and borrows a ton of existing tabletop concepts already.

The best part of Regalia's game is the formatting
>>
>>46347063
>The only good part of Regalia's game is the formatting
Fix'd
>>
>bitching about plagiarism
>copyright infringement and trademark violations errywhere

Regalia doesn't exactly have much high ground here.
>>
>>46347063
True enough. He's lifted entire mechanics from other games and given them slight tweaks.
>>
And now they've posted time/date stamps for their game onto their Facebook. They must have an eye on Regalia.
>>
>>46347063
Regalia acknowledges his influences?
>>
>>46347155
True.

>>46347938
This isn't even really my biggest gripe with the game, using existing concepts(especially attributes and skills or whatever) is fine, but these aren't implemented in any interesting way.

Making a character is extremely obnoxious, especially if you're trying to make an alien and you have to figure out what combination of aptitudes gives you the best combination of attributes & skills.

Combat suffers from making you build around 4~5 different dice pools and has no variation from turn to turn. You will always just roll your best attack and your best defense, the only real shenanigan involve using flavored ki attacks.

>>46348210
This is fine, maybe some competition will make both games become better.

>>46348280
Regalia deserves credit for making his own game and his own document, but I can't fault others for trying a different approach even if some of the same ground is covered.
Hell, I was in a DBZ RPG forum sixteen fucking years ago that had it's own rules, and I've seen homebrew akin to Regalia's Ki Attack builder years ago(granted it used addition and was built for magic attacks).

The only thing to get upset about is all these fuckers making tabletop DBZ games and all naming them "DBZ RPG", shit is confusing.
At least call it "Regalia's DBZ RPG" or "I copy and pasted parts of a system I kind of liked but ultimately didn't like DBZ RPG".

The same way that Riddle of Steel has 17 fucking clones made, someone should just fix Legends of Wulin so it makes sense(and is DBZ related).

And when you do, don't fucking name it "DBZ RPG".
>>
>>46348947
Offense/Defense and either Ki, Agility, or Strength is the best combo. If you're building your own race, there's zero reason to take anything but Offense and Defense with one of those other three.

Also, name it the Dragonball Victory System.
>>
File: King_cold.jpg (39 KB, 550x684) Image search: [Google]
King_cold.jpg
39 KB, 550x684
>>46348968
>Dragonball Victory System

I like it. Go copyright it before someone else does.
>>
>>46348947
>Riddle of Steel has 17 fucking clones
I can only think of three. SoS, Bovine and BoB.
>>
>>46349893
>Bovine
Haha. You've given yourself away, friend.

Has BoB come out with weapons yet or shall we pray they're released tomorrow?
>>
>>46348968
>>46349014
Fun fact, Dragon Ball Victory is the name of the continuity universe in the play test tournament for Regalia's system
>>
>>46350099
There's always time for prayer.
>>
>>46350783
Well, you've just ensured that's not the name that'll be chosen.
>>
>>46350787
That's all we can expect from someone with such a lordly caliber.
>>
File: 1430138504417.jpg (81 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1430138504417.jpg
81 KB, 480x640
>>46347175
>>46347155
>>46347063
>>46347938
>>46348210
>>46348280

My issue with it isn't a legal one or anything like that, since, y'know, this is a non-licensed fan work. As it's been stated, that's not the high ground I'm taking or anything.

I also completely acknowledge my influences in development. Thread before last had a huge megapost where I listed my influences and where you can see them in the game, and how that's either hindered or helped development (note that's actually before I discovered this other system).

What bugs me is that these guys out and out stole my formatting, my text, lifted the exact images from the book to use them in almost identical contexts, and didn't credit EMM or myself in any way, shape or form. Hell, part of me thinks they stole the core mechanic because the last version of the game I saw when I talked to the guy on Reddit was using a d12 based system. I wouldn't have given a shit if I was asked or given credit for the influence, but we're sort of passed that now when you get to the point that you're completely imitating the original work and claiming it as your own.

I mean, that's why whenever I come in here and throw out suggestions, I frame them within the context of the system it was inspired from or say "Hey, somebody last thread/in the suggestions doc/on Facebook had a really good idea, let me see what you guys think." Most of these ideas aren't mine. They're from people in these threads and from Facebook that have taken the time and have enough interest to actually post suggestions to improve the overall game. That's why /tg/ and Facebook and TournamentGuy are listed in the Special Thanks section, because without you guys this game wouldn't exist and it wouldn't be in nearly the shape that it's in.
>>
File: 1430835110400.gif (291 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1430835110400.gif
291 KB, 500x281
>>46350940
Here's a short list of inspirations from other systems:

>Aptitudes lifted directly from Dark Heresy 2nd Ed
>Core Mechanic inspired by FATE, Storyteller, ORE and Shadowrun
>Tension from Giant Guardian Generation, reworked to serve as a measure to prevent high level attacks and transformations rather than to increase attack
>Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Ed for general formatting as well as initial combat actions
>L5R for Dueling and Ki Struggles
>Mekton Zeta for the Ki Construction
>Now Legends of the Wulin for narrative damage rather than actual HP

Shit, early versions of the character sheet had content directly from Shadow Run (damage track). Earlier versions of the Ki system that were never released looked like the powers you'd have in Wild Talents, where each had their own pool that you had to roll, which was ultimately scrapped.
>>
>>46350940
>because without you guys this game wouldn't exist and it wouldn't be in nearly the shape that it's in.

Don't blame us for the sad state of your game.
>>
File: goku_by_tsb.gif (968 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
goku_by_tsb.gif
968 KB, 240x320
>>46351155
Motherfucker you know exactly what I meant.
>>
>>46351358
You need to play an Arcosian.
>>
>>46352794
because he needs some chill
>>
>>46353449>>46353449
That was bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>46351072
I still think that using Charisma/Intimidate to modify the Tension gauge should be a thing.
>>
>>46357181
Imagine a CHA buld based off of early Dragonball.

They keep making jokes of everything to keep the Tension rate minimized.
>>
File: 1438710777006.jpg (32 KB, 325x752) Image search: [Google]
1438710777006.jpg
32 KB, 325x752
>>46358015
>>
>>46335832
>Mutants and Masterminds damage system.
I can actually get behind that. I always liked how it made every attack that was big enough to matter at all significant in its own right, instead of reducing hit points until the same attack becomes the straw you hope to cripple the camel with.
>>
seems like we had more replies when we focused on the other game
>>
>>46363800
Regalia made a mistake posting that game. He thought we were all going to get mad or something that they were "ripping him off" but then it turned out the other game was just better than his. I feel a little bad for him in a way, but he dug his own grave.
>>
>>46363848
I haven't managed to read through all of it yet. In what ways is it better? Just that it's more complete?

I keep seeing people call it better without saying how, and it's just kind of going over my head
>>
>>46363890
More complete, system actually works and is more balanced out, ki attack system that actually works, overall it just does everything Regalia tried to do and actually succeeds at it, unlike Regalia's.
>>
File: shit.png (362 KB, 793x891) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
362 KB, 793x891
>>46364217
Yeah but check out this formatting, terrible.

If they were going to rip off Regalia you'd think they'd rip off the best part of his work.
>>
>>46364280
Honestly maybe Regalia should be putting more work into his game not sucking than the pretty formatting.
>>
>>46364217

Honestly? I'm not seeing it. The 1-5 dot stat system works fine in some games. But not for Dragonball.
>>
>>46364499
I don't disagree, but that's a problem both systems share.
>>
Can someone run me through a quick combat of the not-Regalia system?

I'd like to hear the differences, but this is quite a pdf to read through.
>>
>>46364564

Eh, I feel like at least Regalia's system attempts to address the "Just add more dice!" problem with the way tiers work.
>>
File: 13.png (7 MB, 3230x2003) Image search: [Google]
13.png
7 MB, 3230x2003
>>46364683
I've been sifting through it (and I'm me, so take this with a grain of salt not only because of the innate bias but also because I'm bad at reading and writing), but it looks like you subtract their defense from your pool and then roll for successes. If your attack is successful then you carry them over to damage.

My initial reaction is that it might be possible to negate damage entirely by simply having a higher defense than the attacker has Dexterity (or whatever pool is used for the attack you make), but they've also got a Mekton-ish Defense Reduction thing going on where if you land an attack then it reduces the opponent's defense by 1 regardless of if it does damage. This stacks until the end of the round of combat, and then defense is returned to its standard value.

It's an interesting idea. I'd like to see how it plays, though. There are also way more moving pieces in this game, too, and that's slightly off putting to me, but if you're used to juggling lots of variables in combat then I guess that's not a hassle.
>>
A bunch of people with hostile intentions, causing drama and pretending to be other people. Pretty sad.
>>
>>46366201
When are you going to get a secret skype group like all the other /tg/ homebrew games?
>>
File: 1423662498870.jpg (35 KB, 308x317) Image search: [Google]
1423662498870.jpg
35 KB, 308x317
>>46366549
>Implying there isn't a secret Steam Group there isn't.

>>46366372
As far as I know Epic hasn't posted in this thread yet since he's home on Spring Break doing things like trying not to think about his thesis and playing Warframe and SFV. I've only used my trip this whole thread.

I want to believe that every post in here that's complaining is actually a disgruntled person, but given that someone made this OP posing as Epic and attempted to delete the entire Suggestions Doc not realizing I have access to the comprehensive list of revisions that I can revert to at any time, I'm also willing to believe that somebody is kind of ass-mad.
>>
File: 1454491449158.jpg (1 MB, 1500x2100) Image search: [Google]
1454491449158.jpg
1 MB, 1500x2100
>>46366947
Endure Regalia, endure.
>>
>>46321180

Are kais going to be playable? I'd like to see that happen.
>>
>>46366947
Well, that means you're doing something right.
>>
>>46366947
There's only 23 unique IPs, so it's very likely that it's only a few people who are being this mad.
>>
>>46366947
OP here. I changed the version listed in the suggestions doc, but I didn't delete the entire thing. Kinda pointless when it takes two seconds to revert the changes.
>>
>>46367842
You can make Kais with Alien rules. Just use the Celestial Trait.
>>
>>46369645
You don't even have to do that.
You could make any combination of alien and fluff it anyway you want.

Hell, you could make a half saiyan or a Main celestial and say the abilities apply to the fighting style of the character
>>
>>46369933
True.
>>
Is Burning the best elemental attack? I don't see why anyone would choose Electricity or Freezing. One just shocks someone for one turn without doing more damage and the other offers Fatigue, but they both have (hypothetically) easy DNs.

Plus, both of them can be overcome with willpower while Electricity can't.
>>
>>46372702
I think you mean "Burning" can't.

Then again, Burn can be ended with a move action, and there aren't really any other uses for Move actions.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.