[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beleaguered Prince Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 20
File: Beleaguered Prince Quest.jpg (77 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Beleaguered Prince Quest.jpg
77 KB, 750x600
Twitter: @BeleagueredQM
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/FEc6v8FP
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Beleaguered%20Prince%20Quest

===============

You are Prince Meirion auk Gwyrren, the only sane man in a royal family with dubious concepts of strategy, justice, taxation, and governance in general. You have made it your goal in life to keep your family on the throne and your head firmly attached to your body.

Also, your evil uncle tried to chemically castrate you. You should deal with that.

A cursory investigation by Myrddin suggests that you were your uncle's target this time, so your older brother and father should be in perfect health. Since you managed to avoid your uncle's poison, it seems that all is well and that his plot has been foiled, at least for the moment. Now, you just need to plot your retaliation.

"It's a pretty far-sighted plot," Myrddin says. "The Crown Prince marries a maid, the second prince can't father any heirs. If something happened to the princess, the king's succession would be tenuous at best and your uncle would be able to smoothly claim the throne."

"Are you sure you're all right, your highness?" Olwen asks. "I can check, if you want to make sure."

"Haha, no, I'm fine, thank you." Plus you already checked. You're perfectly fine. "The question is, is the maid in on my uncle's plot, or is he just being opportunistic?"

"There's been no progress on that front," Myrddin says. "We could pursue that investigation, or we can retaliate against Prince Aled."

"He must have gotten his poison from someone," Olwen says. "It's an inconspicuous poison on its own, but someone in the Alchemists' Guild might be involved with this, if only indirectly. If we deal with them now, it might prevent future poisoning attempts against you or others."

>"The poisoner is an immediate threat. We'll investigate the alchemists."
>"The poisoning attempt failed, so I can ignore it for now. Let's find out more about that maid."
>>
>>46316460
>>"The poisoner is an immediate threat. We'll investigate the alchemists."
>>
>>46316460
>>"The poisoner is an immediate threat. We'll investigate the alchemists."

We should steal his poison and feed it to uncle.
>>
>>46316460
>"The poisoner is an immediate threat. We'll investigate the alchemists."
>>
File: Myrddin2.jpg (417 KB, 703x800) Image search: [Google]
Myrddin2.jpg
417 KB, 703x800
>>46316460
"The poisoner is an immediate threat," you say. "We'll start by investigating the alchemists. In the meantime, we'll just hope that my brother's lover is unrelated to this."

"I agree with your decision," Myrddin says. "The maid will still be there after this is done, but things could get complicated if your uncle sends his associates away or… silences them."

"How do you want to do this?" Olwen asks. "We do a lot of business with the Alchemists' Guild, so we could approach them directly."

"Moreover, it's possible that Prince Aled bought the poison through legitimate pretences," Myrddin adds. "If we make careless accusations, it could cause problems for us. Ideally, your uncle should remain ignorant of our involvement."

You've gotten used to royal infighting. A layer of plausible deniability covers everything and ideally, your opponents should never become aware of how much you know. Retaliation best when people aren't exactly sure what you're retaliating for.

>"We'll approach the Alchemists' Guild directly. Make it look like legitimate business."
>"I'd rather be circumspect about this, at least until we find something."
>>
>>46316953
>>"We'll approach the Alchemists' Guild directly. Make it look like legitimate business."
Possibly a fertility aid? Make it seem that his poisoning worked?
>>
>>46316953
>>
>46316953
>"We'll approach the Alchemists' Guild directly. Make it look like legitimate business."

Easiest way to go about it, and if our uncle does get wind of it he may assume the infertility poison worked and we're looking for a cure.

If it was procured legitimately it will also tell us how much of the darn stuff he bought.
>>
>>46316953
Shouldn't ever assume Aled isn't always at least one step ahead of us. Then, at the times where he isn't, we can be pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: Olwen1.jpg (647 KB, 1011x1318) Image search: [Google]
Olwen1.jpg
647 KB, 1011x1318
"We'll take the middle road," you say. "We'll pose as legitimate customers, but we'll be discreet about it."

"It's quite common," Myrddin says. "Many people, nobles and commoners alike, have certain needs that they don't want to publicize much. No one will be too surprised, and we can always make more overt inquiries later on if we need to."

"If that's how you want to do it, I'll leave your personal guards here," Olwen says. "It's not far anyway, and the alchemists keep their own guards."

"All right, just let me get changed first," you say.

You replace your finer clothes with something more suitable for a shopping trip. It's fancy enough that you look like a rich customer, but it won't raise too many eyebrows. The low-level alchemists shouldn't recognize you anyway.

The headquarters of the Alchemists' Guild resembles a campus more than anything. There are several buildings for offices, storage, laboratories, stores and so forth. The central building is the auction house made entirely of white marble.

"Where should we look first?" Myrddin asks.

>[Merchant/1d12] "Let's just have a look around first."
>[Merchant/1d8] "Let's see who sells contraceptive. We might find a lead."
>[Merchant/1d8] "Let's see who sells aphrodisiacs. Make it look like we need an antidote for a contraceptive overdose."
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>46317489
>>[Merchant/1d8] "Let's see who sells aphrodisiacs. Make it look like we need an antidote for a contraceptive overdose."
I forget if we roll now or later. Just in case her's a roll.
>>
>>46317489
>>[Merchant/1d8] "Let's see who sells aphrodisiacs. Make it look like we need an antidote for a contraceptive overdose."
>>
>>46317521
You roll later so the results don't influence the votes.
>>
File: high impact sexual violence2.jpg (53 KB, 600x734) Image search: [Google]
high impact sexual violence2.jpg
53 KB, 600x734
>>46317489
>[Merchant/1d8] "Let's see who sells aphrodisiacs. Make it look like we need an antidote for a contraceptive overdose."

>walking into a shop with Olwen and asking for aphrodisiacs
Oh my dick
>>
>>46317489
>That Olwen pic

So when is she getting glopped?

>>
>>46317489
>>
File: Isla1.png (1 MB, 1021x944) Image search: [Google]
Isla1.png
1 MB, 1021x944
>>46317489
"Let's see who sells aphrodisiacs," you say. "If anyone asks, I overdosed on contraceptives and I need a bit of help."

"A large amount of help wouldn't help you." Myrddin smirks. "Come on, those 'items' are hidden in a private corner of the shops."

"Of course you'd know where they are," Olwen says.

"… I know everything. This is just one of the things I know. Honest."

Myrddin's protests are somewhat lacking in authenticity.

You casually look around the stands without paying too much attention to any one thing. As far as the people here are concerned, you're just one more shopper among who knows how many. When no one's looking, Myrddin pulls you into a kind of alley and brings you to one of the smaller shops.

The place is lit by lightstones, but there are no goods on display. The attendant standing behind the counter greets you immediately.

"Welcome, sir," she says. "How many I help you today?"

>Roll 1d8, best of three.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>46317958
fluster the Olwyn!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>46317958
>>
Rolled 8 (1d8)

>>46317958
>>
File: YES.jpg (70 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
YES.jpg
70 KB, 600x720
>>46318003
>>
>>46318122
Deleting posts is cheating.
>>
>>46317985
We pass anyway, and can't crit, dude. You don't make any difference doing that except making yourself look bad.
>>
>>46317958
"A 'friend' of mine gave me a contraceptive, but there were some side-effects," you say. "I think I may have taken too much."

"Oh, that's not a problem," the attendant says. "Which contraceptive was it?"

"I don't really know," you say. "I had it with some wine. The colour was a little murky and it smelled funny. A little rotten, I think, but it didn't make me feel sick."

The attendant's face pales and she looks at you in horror. A second later, she's right in front of you, checking your eyes and your forehead and grabbing every bit of exposed skin on your body.

"What is that idiot Aeron doing?" She mumbles to herself as she works. "You're supposed to be careful with these things…"

Now you know who sold the poison to your uncle.

The attendant turns away and mixes several sachets of power, which she gives to you.

"Take one these every night before going to bed and keep the windows open to let the air in," she says. "You have to stay cool while you sleep. You should be fine in a few days, but remember, don't just take whatever drug people give you. If it doesn't come from an alchemist, you can't be sure it's safe."

"I'll keep that in mind," you say. "Thank you."

You pay for the sachets and leave the store. They're useless to you, but it'd be both rude and suspicious not to pay for them.

"Aeron, Aeron…" Myrddin repeats the suspect's name. "I think I know who it is."

"Should we see him now, or would you rather wait and corner him in private?" Olwen asks.

>"We'll go see his shop."
>"We'll wait until he's done with work."
>>
>>46318243
Should we poision the maid?
>>
>>46318243
Won't be able to pass this one off as a legitimate visit.
>>
>>46318243
>>"We'll wait until he's done with work."
>>
>>46318243

>>46318191
>>46318146
I just came back in here. Can't see the deleted post.
>>
File: Meirion.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Meirion.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>46318243
"We'll wait until he's done with work," you say. "I don't want to cause a scene in the Alchemists' Guild in case something happens."

"That's probably for the best," Olwen says. "If Myrddin was banned from here, where would he get the help he needs to satisfy his wife?"

"I'll have you know that my wife is perfectly happy with our living conditions," Myrddin says.

Wait. What.

"You're married?" You ask incredulously. You've know Myrddin for most of your life, but this is the first time you've heard about this.

"Oh, yes," Myrddin says. "About three years now. We just like to keep things private for a number of reasons."

"I have no idea how to process this," you say. "So I won't. Let's go wait somewhere for Aeron's work day to be over."

"Where do you want to go?" Olwen asks.

>Visit the markets.
>Visit the taverns.
>Loiter around the Alchemists' Guild.
>>
>>46318652
>>Visit the markets.
>>
>>46318652
>Visit the markets.
Loitering will make us look suspicious, and we can only loiter around the tavern for so long before getting into a bar fight or being obliged to buy a drink and potentially spilling all our secrets.
>>
>>46318652
>>Visit the markets.
>>
>>46318652
>Visit the markets.
>>
>>46318652
>Visit the markets.
Hanging around the tavern is a bit too indiscreet at our social stature.
>>
>>46318652
>>Visit the markets
>>
File: Myrrdin4.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Myrrdin4.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>46318652
"Let's visit the markets," you say. "I need to keep my finger on the pulse of the city. Food prices, ore prices, foot traffic, that sort of thing."

"A stable market is the sign of a strong city, while an unstable market heralds problem," Myrddin agrees. "That's especially true in the Aurwain. People from all over Gwyrddarfordir make their way here, so if there's a problem somewhere in the kingdom, it'll affect us."

"I'll take your word for it," Olwen says. "I mean, I know how to manage my family's finances, but I have no idea how you can keep track of all this."

"In general, you only need to keep an eye on goods that are useful to military efforts somehow," you say. "Beyond that, it's just a question of identifying the country's major centres of production and keeping track of how much their goods go far."

"We have a monthly review," Myrddin says. "This month it's silk, perfumes, corn, incense, soaps, snowtones, and dyes."

"You two put far too much effort into running this country," Olwen says. She's probably right, but someone has to do it.

>[Merchant/1d4] Look for new business opportunities.
>[Merchant/1d12] Just carry out your usual inspection.
>>
>>46319121
>>[Merchant/1d4] Look for new business opportunities.
>>
>>46319121
I don't see that a failure here should lose us too much more than an afternoon.

also gotta farm those gains yo
>>
>>46319121
>>[Merchant/1d4] Look for new business opportunities.
>>
>>46319121
We should stock up on poison and antidotes as well.
>>
File: Meirion5.png (136 KB, 281x719) Image search: [Google]
Meirion5.png
136 KB, 281x719
>>46319121
You decide to wander around the markets and see if there's anyone with potential. It's actually not that difficult to find a business to invest in. Plenty of people here are skilled at their craft, especially since this is the capital. The tricky part is finding something that can provide a significant long-term investment and benefit the kingdom as a whole. As much as you like Aurwain, moving a few extra coins around usually isn't worth your time. You like to think big.

>Roll 1d4, best of three.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d4)

>>46319454
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

>>46319454
hope!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d4)

>>46319454
Praise the dice gods!
>>
File: Olwen4.jpg (80 KB, 770x960) Image search: [Google]
Olwen4.jpg
80 KB, 770x960
>>46319454
You find absolutely nothing. Sure, there are some good spots, but they're already making money, while the stores that seem to be struggling are a risk that you don't need to deal with right now. Still, you spent some time exercising and getting some fresh air, so it's not like this was a total loss.

"The market feels a little strange when you take the time to really look at it," Olwen says. "Small stores, big stores, specialized stores, general stores. It's just a whole lot of everything, you know?"

"The market wasn't planned properly, to be honest," Myrddin says. "Ideally, the wholesalers would have their own section so they could deal with large clients more effectively. General stores would be located near the living areas so people don't have to go too far to get common conveniences. The smaller specialized stores should be cultivated more carefully to attract a special clientele."

"That sounds boring, to be honest," Olwen says. "This place has a nice charm."

>"A haphazard market is still inefficient."
>"It does feel more lively with all the stores mixed together."
>"It doesn't really matter so long as the merchants make money."
>>
>>46319620
>>"It does feel more lively with all the stores mixed together."
>>
>>46319620
>>"It doesn't really matter so long as the merchants make money."
>>
>>46319620
We should get them both somethig while we wait.
>>
>>46319620
but
>>
>>46319620
>>
>>46319620
>"Though I wouldn't mind seeing things run just a tad more efficiently."
Morale also does have an effect on sales. More money is made from customers and merchants in good spirits.
>>
>>46319620
>>
File: tumblr_o0py6hwRq41tiomd9o1_500.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0py6hwRq41tiomd9o1_500.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
>>46318652
>"I have no idea how to process this," you say. "So I won't."

>>46319620
>>
File: Meirion3.jpg (14 KB, 469x263) Image search: [Google]
Meirion3.jpg
14 KB, 469x263
>>46319620
"The most important thing is that the merchants make money," you say. "If a livelier atmosphere helps with that, so be it."

"I suppose a proper city should look energetic to travelers," Myrddin says. "After all, appearances must be maintained."

"Appearances aren't enough in this case," you say. "It's easy to look prosperous. Actual prosperity is a very different thing."

"As fascinating as this conversation isn't," Olwen interrupts you, "we're here to stalk someone. Let's get back to the Alchemists' Guild before we lose track of Aeron."

You cough awkwardly. "Right, we should do that. We need to find out if he knows anything about my uncle's plans."

You casually walk back to the Alchemists' Guild and wait for the alchemists to start leaving for the day. It takes some time, but Myrddin eventually spots Aeron. You follow after him from a safe distance away.

Aeron is leaving with a group of others, but he breaks away after a few streets and walks away on his own. You could ambush while he's walking, or you could wait to see where he's going.

>[Military/1d6] Ambush him as soon as you're sure you're not being watched.
>Continue to follow Aeron until he reaches his destination.
>>
>>46319963
>Continue to follow Aeron until he reaches his destination.
We can ambush him after we know what he's doing.
>>
>>46319963
>>[Military/1d6] Ambush him as soon as you're sure you're not being watched.
>>
>>46319963
>>
>>46319963
If it turns out he's picking up his kid or something I will be super bummed so...
>>
>>46319963
>>[Military/1d6] Ambush him as soon as you're sure you're not being watched.
>>
>>46319963
finally caught this live, fuck yea
>>
File: Meirion7.jpg (45 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Meirion7.jpg
45 KB, 640x360
>>46319963
You nod to Olwen. She begins to walk slightly faster than you to get ahead of Aeron, while Myrddin hangs back a bit. Fighting isn't his strong suit.

You continue to follow Aeron through the streets as Olwen flanks him. There are people everywhere, but there's a logic to the flow. People are heading back home or for a tavern after a long day of work. They're tired, focused on their destination, and, in some ways, the crowd makes it much easier for you to blend in.

You pick up the pace and trust Olwen to take the lead. Aeron sidesteps a small group of people and steps next to an alley. There's your opportunity.

>Roll 1d6, best of three.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>46320222
>>
>>46320222
dice+1d6
FUCKING ROLL THAT SHIT
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>46320222
Nice trips.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>46320222
>>
File: Olwen5.png (877 KB, 1024x1180) Image search: [Google]
Olwen5.png
877 KB, 1024x1180
>>46320222
Olwen rushes Aeron and shoves him into the alley. Myrddin and you step in to hide the two of them from the rest of the crowd. You look around carefully. No one has noticed anything.

Aeron is lying on the floor, petrified with fear. Olwen has her rapier to his chin to prevent him from screaming. So far, he's being very cooperative.

"It doesn't look like we have any problems here," Myrddin says. "Let's get this over with."

"We have a few questions for you," Olwen says. "You don't mind answering them, right?"

Aeron shakes his head as much as he can without getting an amateur shave.

You could just tell Aeron you're the second prince and use your status to intimidate him, but that could backfire on you if anything goes wrong. Alternatively, you could keep your identity secret and ask him about the contraceptives, or just bluff him to see what happens. He might start talking about things that you don't know about.

>[Sovereign/1d6] "So, how long have you been trying to poison royals?"
>[Intrigue/1d10] "Someone bought some contraceptives from you. Tell me about them."
>[Intrigue/1d6] "You know why I'm here."
>>
>>46320368
>>[Intrigue/1d6] "You know why I'm here."
let's see how far this gets us
>>
>>46320368
>>[Intrigue/1d6] "You know why I'm here."
>>
>>46320368
>[Sovereign/1d6] "So, how long have you been trying to poison royals?"

We may not be the heir but I doubt he or someone else won't recognise us sooner or later.

That and the other two options may not get us anywhere useful, he could think this is a gambling debt or a dissatisfied customer.
>>
>>46320368
>>
>>46320368
I really hope he doesn't know why.
>>
>>46320368
>>
>>46320407
I try to make sure that if you succeed a roll, you can something relevant to what you're trying to accomplish. It's a little difficult sometimes, but I don't think I've slipped up so far.
>>
>>46320368
Hope we're keeping our faces hidden.
>>
File: Meirion8.jpg (64 KB, 500x479) Image search: [Google]
Meirion8.jpg
64 KB, 500x479
"Hello, Aeron." You kneel down next to him and pat his cheek away so he can't get a good look at you. You are wearing a hood, but it never hurts to be cautious. "Here's the problem. You know why I'm here. I know why I'm here. What I don't know is how much you've been told, and until I've figured that out, I won't know what to do with you. After all, you might be a liability, but if you're not really involved, anything I say could cause some very big problems for you."

The tip of Olwen's rapier cuts at his chin. You can hear Aeron gulp in fear.

"So why don't you start from the beginning, and then I'll decide what I should do with you."

>Roll 1d6, best of three.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>46320753
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>46320753
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>46320753
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>46320753
>>
File: Olwen3.jpg (207 KB, 893x894) Image search: [Google]
Olwen3.jpg
207 KB, 893x894
>>46320753
"Look, I'm not involved with any of this, I swear," Aeron says. "As far as I'm concerned, it was just a bulk purchase. One bottle stays in Aurwain and two dozen bottles get shipped off to Duwcan. They're in a warehouse close to the city gates. They're in bottles from the Degfford vineyards. That's it. That's all I know. I don't know who else is involved, I promise."

Duwcan is the kingdom's second largest city and your uncle's own principality. It's under his direct authority and only answers to your father as a matter of tradition, goodwill and courtesy. There's definitely a connection there.

"All right, you can go now," you say. "But Aeron? Try to stay away from deals like this in the future. There are some things that you just don't want to get involved with. Understand?"

"I understand completely."

Olwen pulls her sword away and Aeron runs off. He's not one of your uncle's men, so there's no point in keeping him in custody any longer. Besides, you have a shipment of poison to deal with.

"How do you want to deal with this?" Olwen asks.

You're fairly certain you know which warehouse Aeron is referring to. You could take care of this yourself to prevent anyone else from getting involved, but on the other hand, there are also benefits to using a proxy that can't be traced back to you.

>"Let's rob a warehouse."
>[Intrigue/1d10] "Let's hire people to rob a warehouse."
>>
>>46320990
>>[Intrigue/1d10] "Let's hire people to rob a warehouse."
>>
>>46320990
>>[Intrigue/1d10] "Let's hire people to rob a warehouse."
>>
>>46320990
>>
>>46320990
>[Intrigue/1d10] "Let's hire people to rob a warehouse
Don't let them know who we are and don't cheap out.
>>
>>46320990
>"Let's hire bandits to rob the caravan."
Attacking the warehouse right now, right after our uncle tried to poison us, seems too unsubtle to me. He'd pick up on it right away.
>>
>>46320990

Yeah, no way personally committing thievery couldn't backfire on us.
>>
>>46321036
You have a point, could we possibly incriminate the pirates that our sis is hunting down?
>>
>>46321036
The caravan itself is too far outside your influence, hence why you need to go after the warehouse. It won't be a problem so long as your helpers are true professionals though.
>>
>>46321036
This is a good idea and as the other anon said we can incriminate the pirates.
>>
>>46321113
Could we at least delay the attack a day or two (having first ascertained that the caravan doesn't leave before then), so it might seem less directly related to our attempted poisoning?
>>
>>46321157

I think either way this is going to be connected to our poisoning attempt. Uncle is going to suspect something and in doing so will either believe that someone else found out about it (given that we were successful in hiding our not drinking the poison) or know that we found out about it but what will he do after that? Call us out for destroying his attempt to make us sterile?
>>
File: Myrddin6.jpg (25 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Myrddin6.jpg
25 KB, 500x281
>>46320990
"Let's hire people to rob a warehouse," you say. "Myrddin, can you make it happen?"

"It won't be a problem," he says. "Prince Aled's warehouse is heavily guarded, but so long as you're willing to spend the money, alchemy can solve any problem. I'll get someone to smash the place, steal a few things on top of the wine bottles, that sort of thing. I'll even arrange for a burglary spree over the next few days to throw suspicion off."

"Excellent," you say. "Make sure no one gets hurt though. If you can focus the burglaries on my own warehouses, that would be best."

"I'm familiar with the procedures," Myrddin says. "You two can go on ahead. I'll contact you at the palace when I'm done making the arrangements."

>Roll 1d10, best of three.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>46321227
What are the odds of a crit here?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>46321227
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>46321227
hopin ta crit
>>
File: Meirion2.png (163 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Meirion2.png
163 KB, 500x281
>>46321227
You and Olwen return to the palace and wait for Myrddin to take care of things. You sit on your private balcony and calmly watch the sun go down.

"Another busy day's almost over," Olwen says.

"They're all busy days," you say. "I have difficulty remembering the last time I had a vacation. Mind you, it's probably better that way."

"For the kingdom, or for you?"

"Both, I imagine," you answer. "I'm honestly not quite certain what I would do if I woke up one day and had nothing to do. People need to keep busy, you know?"

"I do," Olwen says. "I don't know what else I'd be doing if I didn't have to look after you."

Myrddin returns after some time. He seems quite pleased with himself.

"All the necessary parties have been bribed and everything has been arranged," Myrddin says. "There will be a string of burglaries in the warehouses starting tonight and your uncle's warehouse will be robbed before the shipment leaves. He'll never know we were involved."

"As always, I'm very pleased with your work, Myrddin."

"I am pleased that you are pleased, your highness," Myrddin says. "That said, how do you want to deal with the poison?"

>"Destroy it. I don't want to leave it around."
>"Keep it. It might come in useful some day."
>>
>>46321362
>>
>>46321362
>"Keep it. It might come in useful some day."
Hide it well but uncle might need medicine at some point.
>>
>>46321362
>>"Destroy it. I don't want to leave it around."
>>
>>
>>46321362
It could be used to incriminate or frame us, if it was tied to us.

And we likely won't have need to render anyone sterile in the indefinite future.
>>
>>46321362
>Destroy it
No evidence of our involvement and we don't need it to find its way into the wrong hands once again
>>
>>46321362
>>
>>46321362
Keep the sachets, though, just in case that stuff comes back into play.
>>
>>46321362

What's to stop Aled simply strongarming Aeron into making more though?
>>
File: Meirion4.jpg (275 KB, 630x891) Image search: [Google]
Meirion4.jpg
275 KB, 630x891
>>46321362
"Destroy it," you say. "I don't want to leave it around. Evidence and all that."

"Quite understandable," Myrddin says. "I'll make sure it's disposed of safely."

You nod. "Now I just need to decide if I'm going to keep pursuing my uncle," you say.

"Technically, you're even," Olwen says. "Sure, he won't even suspect that for quite a while, but if you start up a plot against your uncle now, you'll be the one going after him."

"It might cause some political instability if we escalate things too quickly," Myrddin adds. "Underhanded conspiracies are one thing, but if we take things too far, you might spark a battle you can't win."

"I'm well aware of the risks," you say. "However, I'm not sure I want to stay in a reactive role either."

So far, you've only been defending yourself and retaliating. You've done a good job of holding things together, but you're also giving your uncle time to hatch his next plot. If you attack him, you might force him to behave himself for a while.

>"I suppose I can drop things now that we're even."
>"It's not enough to even things out. I need to break something of his."
>>
>>46321674
>>"I suppose I can drop things now that we're even."
>>
>>46321674
I need to resolve brother's marriage issue. That takes priority
>>
>>46321674

Actively pursuing him risks us looking like the usurper. We know he's untrustworthy, we just need to wait until he sticks his neck out too far.
>>
>>46321674
There are more important things to deal with.
>>
File: Meirion6.png (541 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Meirion6.png
541 KB, 600x800
>>46321674
"I suppose I can drop things now that we're even," you say. "It'll take him some time to sort out all the damage to the warehouse anyway."

"We're moving back to the maid then?" Myrddin asks.

"I'll decide that tomorrow," you say. "For all I know, there might be a brand new disaster to deal with when I wake up tomorrow morning."

"If there is, we'll be sure to let you know," Olwen says. "Good night, your highness."

Your advisors return to their chambers. You stretch out your muscles and relax in a hot bath for a bit before going to bed. You lie down on the bed and stare out the window at the stars. One more day gone by. You'll deal with tomorrow when you wake up.
>>
>>46321674
>Drop it for now, but we'll keep and eye on him...just incase
>>
>>46321966
And that's another thread done. The next one will be Friday April 1st at around 7PM EDT. Yeah, I remembered daylight savings this time. I will see you all then!
>>
>>46322015
>The next one will be Friday April 1st at around 7PM EDT.
>Friday April 1st
>April 1st
Surely nothing bad will come of this, and we will have a perfectly normal thread.
>>
>>46322015
Cheers mate.
>>
>>46322015
Thanks for running.
>>
>>46322015
Thanks for running. Hows our exp count looking?
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.