[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what podcasts does //tg/ listen to ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 1432360079630.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1432360079630.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
what podcasts does //tg/ listen to ?
>>
>>46311573
does anyone have a podcasts episode that talks about the release of age of sigmar?

i want to hear the opinion of people that just looked at the new rulebooks.
>>
>>46311573
Role play public radio.
>>
Mtg
Command zone
Commanderin
Gf bracket
Drive to work
Tap tap concede
Dnd is for nerds
Adventure zone
Plumbing the deathstar
Movie maintenance
Snack time.
>>
>>46313073
I discovered them last night.

Is their site broken? I can't download or listen to ANYTHING.

>>46311573
Mainly listen to One Shot and Campaign. They can get a bit too goofy at times, but the quality is top notch.
>>
>>46311573
I honestly do listen to nightvale

Also
biggestproblemintheuniverse
but that's nowhere near /tg/ related.
>>
>>46311573
Just Bailey Jay's.
>>
Sleepycabin
>>
>>46314027
Same here
>>
Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff
Plot Points
Adventure Zone
Crit Juice
Darker Days Radio/Network Zero
>>
Can anyone recommend an actual play podcasts? Especially Unknown Armies?
>>
>>46313728
>Is their site broken? I can't download or listen to ANYTHING.
I think so. Thought they fixed it.
>>
>>46311573

Percy's Trollcast for Blood Bowl. I've listened to 3die Block in the past as well.
>>
>>46316671

I hear they're moving to a new host in a couple days? But yeah it's been borked over a week now.
>>
I've tried a few podcasts but I can't find any 40k podcasts that aren't the following:

>goof off for 20 min
>recap last week for 20 min
>go over news for 20 min

so although they aren't podcasts really, I listen to a lot of the stuff from Fritz (wayofsaimhann on youtube) and Adam of Tabletop Minions.

I listen to a lot of Gamza's stuff but his style is a little abrasive sometimes, and he has shifted his channel to focus more on craft. Not that there is anything wrong with craft, but others do it way better (such as DM Scotty of the DM's Craft youtube channel, though the videos are sometimes painfully nerdy, even from the perspective of a nerd)
>>
>>46311573
HISTORY OF ROME PODCAST

OLD BUT GOLD
>>
>>46311573
System Mastery. They do reviews of shitty retro RPGs.

On that note, any other review podcasts out there?
>>
>>46313733
WTNV is good, bad fanbase.

>>46313073
RPPR is great.

>>46314027
Sleepycabin is great.
>>
>>46320048
Naw, NV itself got kind of consumed by the fanbase. I want to hear whimsical approaches to horror, not shipping fuel.
>>
>listening to podcasts
>>
Nothing /tg/ related, but

The H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast, or HPPodcraft, even into the subscriber podcast (they still release a free episode every month and subscription is $6.66 for three months and the Lovecraft stuff is still 100% to listen to forever).

A Podcast to the Curious, two guys discuss the ghost stories and miscellaneous works of M.R. James in the of HPPodcraft. They have a pretty patchy release schedule, but each episode is generally quite fun and informative.

Lore Podcast, 20 minute episodes about a spooky subject every second Monday, Patreon subscribers get some other small stuff, which is a shame.

Blurry Photos, two goobers discuss a spooky or unexplained topic every week, episodes can be about an hour and half long, have goofy intros and puns about the show's topic at the end. They generally give a good overview of that week's topic and they're good fun. But Lore is a lot more sober.
>>
>>46311573
Let's Drown Out
Sleepycabin
>>
Nothing /tg/ related. The co-optional podcast, Cox and crendor, sleepy cabin, The pizza party podcast and the Podquisition. I'm open to any good non mtg podcasts though.
>>
>>46314027
Marsquatch made me need to pull over since it was making me laugh too hard to drive.
>>
When I was into Netrunner I listened to Terminal 7.

I currently listen to The Diecast and SleepyCast. Sometimes I listen to Shut Up and Sit Down.
>>
>>46311573
Shut Up And Sit Down
The best boardgaming podcast.

Not /tg/ related - Roguelike Radio, Planet Money, Stuff You Missed In History Class, All Songs Considered
>>
>>46311573
All the wrong and gay ones.
>>
RPG Related:
I keep up to date with Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff.
I occasionally listen to Behind the Claw (Traveller), Darker Days or Midnight Express (World of Darkness).
I listen to discussion stuff mainly, for some reason, I can't into Actual Plays.

Interesting
Caustic Soda, Stuff You Missed In History Class

Funny/Film
The Flop House, How Did This Get Made, James Bonding, Doug Loves Movies, Star Wars Minute, Kumail Nanjiani's X-files Files (and the Indoor Kids)

Entertaining
The Thrilling Adventure Hour, especially Sparks Nevada and Beyond Belief, and even Down in Moonshine Holler grew on me. I always skip over Captain Laserbeam.
I highly recommend the Thrilling Adventure Hour.
Dan Harmon's Harmontown podcast, it used to have 15 minutes of D&D, Pathfinder, Shadowrun (with occasional guest stars) to round out the show at the end, Spencer the GM was going to change it up to be something a little more fitting for the timeslot, but that hasn't happened for a couple weeks.
>>
File: Welcome to Night Vale.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to Night Vale.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
>>46311573
>>
>>46320010
I *think* that's what Atomic Array did. I listened to it years ago but they just sort of stopped making episodes so it's been a long, long time.
>>
>>46311573
Comedy Bang Bang and WTNV
"Gaming podcasts" are a fucking cancer.
>>
>>46311573
Cox and Crendor in the morning.
Used to listen to nightvale but i lost interest around episode 30
>>
>>46311573
Harmontown
>>
>>46323133
>Stuff You Missed In History Class
Holy FUCK these hosts have terrible voices.
>>
File: Knifepoint-Horror.jpg (95 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
Knifepoint-Horror.jpg
95 KB, 600x544
>>46320682
In a similar vain, Knifepoint Horror is a good horror story podcast, with plenty of nicely chilling concepts.
Also Here Be Monsters explores some really unusual (real mostly) stories, a lot of them bordering on horror.
>>
I enjoy The f-plus, its hit and miss and some episodes are pretty shit but the good ones more then make up for it for me.
>>
>>46320010

Thanks for recommending that, I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>46320682
Patreon gets some stuff

Just trying to survive capitalism buddy
>>
>>46313700
Hell yeah adventure zone
>>
>>46313733
> biggest problem
My nigga
>>
BBC Radio 4 podcasts mostly, In Our Time, Great Lives, A History of Ideas
>>
Dan Carlin Hardcore History.
http://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/

Three Moves ahead for Strategy Game podcast.
https://www.idlethumbs.net/3ma

The Hyperbolic Game Chamber for bullshit video game plot.
https://soundcloud.com/hbgcpodcast
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.