[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You must now design a space opera setting where the dominant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
You must now design a space opera setting where the dominant theme is 80s hair metal.
>>
I was born for this
>>
I'll take "Starbarians," for one hundred please, Alex.
>>
File: marine dance party.jpg (100 KB, 641x842) Image search: [Google]
marine dance party.jpg
100 KB, 641x842
Early 40k, back when it was Rogue Trader, could be used as a starting template.
>>
>>46309298
Orcs.
>>
Galaktikon.
>>
40k but Chaos is right.
>>
File: heavy metal bikinis.gif (999 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
heavy metal bikinis.gif
999 KB, 500x270
>>46309298
already been done without the pleb music
>>
>>46309298
Flash Gordon?
>>
>>46312706
Metal is pretty pleb by /mu/ standards, so no bully the cuhrayzee hair.
>>
>>46315038
I have yet to meet a /mu/tant with good musical taste.
>>
File: Hairmetal eldar.jpg (245 KB, 1086x840) Image search: [Google]
Hairmetal eldar.jpg
245 KB, 1086x840
>>46309298
Just focus on Eldar corsairs.
Done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OglaGA-UiLc
>>
>>46309298

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM
>>
File: ZiggyStardust.jpg (220 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ZiggyStardust.jpg
220 KB, 1280x720
Seriously wouldn't be that hard. Throw in a bit of glam rock and 80s speed metal to keep things moving and we're golden.
>>
>>46315038
/mu/ is where people with horrible taste go to make people with bad taste feel like shit for not having had horrible taste to begin with. It is also chock full of people who clearly have never had experience with playing, writing, or composing music which is insane for a number of reasons.
>>
>>46309298
The starship Krokus has been secretly fitted with an enormous cannon that can vaporize even the largest known cities.

A prisoner from a highly primitive planet overhears the warden talking with senior command about the weapon. Not long after, he is rescued with others by a rebel faction who were seeking one of their own.

The primitive is desperate to have himself heard. The power of the superweapon cannot and should not be unleashed.

"TONIGHT! LONG STICK! GOES BOOM!"
>>
>>46309333
>>46310048

Done.
>>
File: 741WFPk.jpg (539 KB, 1012x1256) Image search: [Google]
741WFPk.jpg
539 KB, 1012x1256
IT'S YOUR ONE-WAY TICKET TO MIDNIGHT
>>
>>46309333
why not just use the dark heresy and/or rogue trader template where the squad is also a traveling hair metal band?

it works for all those famous cartoons you've heard of.
>>
>>46315953
But what shall I call it?
>>
File: dune-poster-new.jpg (333 KB, 792x446) Image search: [Google]
dune-poster-new.jpg
333 KB, 792x446
>>46309298
Dune (1984)
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>46309298
whatever i come up with would definitely include guitar warriors
>>
>>46309298
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd0Gr7fwhnQ
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2SCIoq0VX4

The Warp Riders are a villainous faction, a thinly veiled expy of Chaos.
>>
>>46317761

CALL IT, HEAVY METAL!!!
>>
>>46309891
Came to say exactly this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVB8lM-oCSk
>>
I had a GM run a homebrew setting. We had various planets of metal, space was breathable and either traversable by vehicle or guitar-ships powered by a band playing inside. The main conflict was based on our musical dimension being invaded by laser people. Our party:

A vampire who drank motor oil and rode an enormous chopper.
A dragon-totemed barbarian who could never die.
The former Iron Khan of the War Planet, bestride a giant wolf.
A fabulous long haired male Pegasus Knight, possessed of glam.
Our bard, who as lead guitarist was the most powerful and feared, an ace virtuoso with a slick pompadour.

Our sessions generally involved trolling the authorities if the incumbent laser Emperor, racing other guitar ships, or fucking up planets. That's not hyperbole. We had just gotten over our grief at the accidental death of the duke we were meant to guard, entirely caused by reckless use of our guitar ship cannon, and our jubilation when our blood sacrifice of beautiful Space Glamazons was pleasing to our patron god, Dio, and the duke was revived. We decided to get revenge by firing the barbarian directly at the planet riding a wave of guitar energy. The crotch thrust he delivered to the heart of the Glamazon was on the order of several megatons. They never knew what fucked them.
>>
>>46324952
>oil drinking, chopper riding vampire
>glam-metal pegasus knight
>space glamazons
>spelljammer meets heavy metal magazine
>crotch thrust delivers several megatons of fuck

I want to live in this world forever.
>>
>>46324952
Holy Mother of Metal... It's like Ozzy and Legend of Black Heaven fucked Macross 7 pregnant and the kid was raised by Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath with an IV feed of Fuck Yeah.
>>
>>46324952
Post this setting, anon. Do it for the glory of all that is metal, or else we shall be forced to recreate it ourselves.
>>
>>46309298
Isn't that just Saint Seiya or Legend of the Galactic Heroes though?
>>
>>46325078
>>46325161
So was the vampire some kind of cybervampire? Did they drink oil since it was like blood for machines?
>>
>>46325223
Perhaps the cybernetic augmentations and the vampirism come from the same source. Technology that allows for incredibly powerful augments, but you must drink blood and oil to prevent your biological components from dying and keep your mechanical components functioning.
>>
A world whose magic is powered through 80s hair metal. The heir to this society is the one who has the craziest hair style. The main character is born with the most incredible rocking hair to ever be seen. His goal is to make getting your hair cut the way you want to legal, and fights evil henchmen and rock monsters through the power of his own hair metal with his loyal band of followers to ascend to his rightful place on the throne and free the people.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.