[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you play something like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Eye of Horus.jpg (136 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Eye of Horus.jpg
136 KB, 640x640
The world has only humans, it's medieval, and magic is extremely limited. Deity-like figures exist and can be seen, but only in their plane of existence. They're called Lords and are many, each of which has power over an element or a concept. Some Lords are inherently more important and powerful than others (the lord of blood is probably going to be more important than the lord of wisdom). If a lord dies (I'll explain real soon how that happens) then their domain goes to shit. For example, if the lord of blood dies, people all over the world are going to suffer all sorts of blood-related illnesses for no reason.

Since the dawn of man, Lords and humans have been working together, but not necessarily in unison. By the time of the campaign, the Lords and human factions are split into two factions: Pro theocracy and Anti theocracy. Essentially, the pro theocracy faction sees humans as flawed and sees the Lords as necessary and give all their rule to them. Generally, it's the lesser Lords (the majority) that flock to this faction. On the other hand, most of the powerful Lords support the humans, for reasons that differ between each Lord.

Lords give a piece of themselves to humans (if they do this too many times, they die), granting them immortality (save for a violent death) and the ability to use magic related to their domain. The PCs would be one of these humans, their goal being serving their Lords in smiting the other side and turning the tide of a centuries-long gridlocked battle.

Don't know if it sounds good, I'm a bit liquored up and want to know if I should even contemplate this any further.
>>
Forgot to mention that combat would be pretty asymmetrical, and without the use of magic to augment your fighting capabilities, you'd probably get your shit smacked around easily.
>>
hey, ill give anything a shot if i got a cool DM running it.

And if we can kill one of these gods I'm in
>>
>>46301314
>medieval
Doubt.
>>
>>46301314
>the lord of blood is probably going to be more important than the lord of wisdom
Dropped.

>for no reason
You just stated the reason.

>Lords give a piece of themselves to humans (if they do this too many times, they die), granting them immortality (save for a violent death) and the ability to use magic related to their domain
Sounds like it's from an anime.

Sounds absolutely meh-tier. I'd maybe play it if I knew you were a good DM, or if you had an actual plot hook somewhere in here.
On the other hand, I'd definitely play it if I got free reign on what the concept of my character's Lord was, just to mess around and do stupid shit.
>>
>>46304769
>And if we can kill one of these gods I'm in
Just wait until the Lord of Breathing goes senile, forgets how often he can power up humans, and dies. Then everything dies.
>>
>>46301314
I too have played Dark Souls, OP.
It sounds like an okay game concept.
>>
>>46301314
>>what is Nobilis?
>>
>>46301314
Not by a long shot.
A friend of mine had something similar to your Lords, Nobles.
Never again.

You, like him, put so much emphasis on these dieties, but if your players are not these deities then they will just be overshadowed.

The point of an RPG is to let the players have fun, the plot should revolve around them in some way, even if the world rejects them it still engages the players.

If you want to fully flesh out these deities, write a book instead. Don't make the players suffer through your explaining of how great your world is, engage them, make them want to care.
>>
>>46307251
>for no reason
Meaning, spontaneously, not through infections, not through inheritance.

>sounds like it's from an anine
Maybe but I was just thinking of a way to make magic actually mean something, yet at the same time not allow the gods to just gift everybody they want and dominate the world.

>>46308143
Again, the gods are to give meaning and awe to magic; they're what make the PCs stand out. If they "reject" serving their lord after having been gifted their essence, nothing would happen to them. They'd just go about a world that's essentially in a medieval cold war. They'd somehow contribute to the grand scheme of things through the butterfly effect. Hell, I could imagine how shocking it would be that one of the Lord's servants refuses to serve. It would probably shake the kingdom quite a bit.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.