[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FORCE OF WILL GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Heavenly Instrument, Hydromonica.jpg (822 KB, 2382x3000) Image search: [Google]
Heavenly Instrument, Hydromonica.jpg
822 KB, 2382x3000
Discuss deck lists, builds, post your builds for critique

An online simulator for FoW is untap.in, the official one is still in the works.
>>
>>46297707

Oh cool, thanks for the simulator.
>>
File: Mary.jpg (71 KB, 640x317) Image search: [Google]
Mary.jpg
71 KB, 640x317
Who is best girl and why is it Marybell?
>>
New to the game. Wanted a break from MtG so I got the Vingolf Knights box. It's adorable and seems fun from what I've seen. Any recommendations for getting started?
>>
>>46298685
Find a Ruler you'd like to try building for. There's a musketeer in Vingolf, I can't remember her name, but she makes Puss in Boots really really powerful and easy to work with just for ideas off the top of my head. If you're going that angle, CMF has most of his bread and butter between the Three Musketeers and Elvish Priest.

Regalia is running pretty rampant in the meta right now, so getting your hands on some of that is a good idea. I'd say consider picking up one or two of the Seven Kings starter decks, as they each have 4 of their Ruler's regalia included. The Faria and Melgius dual pack specifically is really good for ripping out some good regalia.

SKL and TTW are two really strong sets with a lot of good stuff in them, but the most recent, TMS, is pretty good too. But really, jsut take a look at a database or something and see what appeals to you. The Rulers are a really cool game mechanic and can add a lot of depth to building if you want them to.
>>
I'm having some problems with priomgenitor I'm trying esper but it doesn't seem to work
>>
How exactly am I supposed to keep up with Green? I went to a tournament the other day, I was expecting to lose every game, I mostly just went to learn, but everyone there was running Green and stomped my ass before I could even try anything.

Whether it was R/R, Puss in Boots, or Yggdrasil, I just got swept up by how fuckin fast they were with Elvish Priest, Moonbreeze Elf, and Gretel. Is there any way for other colors to keep up? It looks like all of the ramping in the game is under Green, so if I want to run Black or White or Red I'm just shit out of luck unless I go at least half Green.

The Earth and Apollo can get me some extra earlygame mana for free, but that only gets me Moon and can only be used for ability costs and Judgement. Are there any other alternatives to non-green ramping and I'm just missing them? Or at least any way of reliably countering Green?
>>
>>46302617
Red can outpace green. Cthuga and Lancelot both put the heat on really fast.

You can use the colorless muskateer from Vingolf to turn the mana from The Earth and Apollo into any kind of mana, which is my super secret Gill tech.
>>
>>46302900
Can't the mana from The Earth and Apollo still only be used for ability costs and Awakening though? That IS pretty useful just in general, but I don't really see how that helps somebody like Gill get moving much faster. If anything, that just makes Puss in Boots even stronger.

Unless I'm wrong about the mana only being used for abilities, or there's some great turn 2 ability you could abuse that I'm overlooking.
>>
I want to fuck Piruruk.
>>
>>46303014
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. The musketeer's ability IS an ability cost, it produces a new will of any color. Wow, yeah, that's a really really good strat.
>>
>>46297707
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.