[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Hybrid Cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: db32_threecards.jpg (98 KB, 670x290) Image search: [Google]
db32_threecards.jpg
98 KB, 670x290
Do you think WotC will bring back hybrid cards? Why or why not?
>>
>>46296158
They should make the mechanic evergreen, it's pretty straightforward.
It'll come back in the next Ravnica set, that much for sure, but I really hope they use it sooner than that.
I liked what they did with the Khans in FTR.
>>
File: Soulfire Grand Master.png (125 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Soulfire Grand Master.png
125 KB, 223x311
>>46296158
Yes. Because they didn't mind bringing back the symbols in Tarkir and people like these cards. There is very little reason to say WotC will never ever bring them back.
>>
>>46296330
That's actually the exact card that got me thinking about that, Anon. I feel like the the Khans block would have been perfect for a hybrid revival because of all the tri-color support.
>>
>>46296158
>all the tri-color support
This is bait, right? There was very little three-color support in the full Khans block. WotC even admits that. There was basically just 1 set of it.
>>
>>46296545
I'm lying to myself. I want there to be tri-color support.
>>
>Lorwynn-Shadowmoor Block
Damn. Not sure if it's nostalgia or not, but I still think its one of the best blocks. Especially love the art style.
>>
>>46296158
Yes. I think Tarkir was the test run, like >>46296330 shows.

I do think they are going to wait though for one major reason. Hybrid cards tend to be tricky to make because they need to have something that both colors get normally.

The thing with that is, they don't have evergreen keywords for all the various color pairings, so making commons under NWO with minimal complexity for such a set is hard to pull off.

An R/G hybrid, for example, can just be Trample. But a U/B one? There isn't something as straightforward that they can throw on there, except maybe flying.

I think this will improve though. They've added prowess to give U/R something, and I feel like they'll end up adding Skulk for U/B. Combined with Menace for B/R, and they're getting more evergreen keywords for these sorts of pairings.
>>
>>46296158
They've brought it back several times.
I'm more interested in whether they bring back mono-hybrid.
>>
File: Rimescale Drake.png (246 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Rimescale Drake.png
246 KB, 375x523
>>46297115
>tfw no snow monohybrid mana
>>
File: image.png (138 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
image.png
138 KB, 223x311
>>46297576
Awe shit.

Snow creatures is OP my nga
>>
>>46297576
this would be a solid way to make snow mana nonparasitic
>>
>>46297576
>or with one mana from a snow PERMANENT
I know that's how snow mana actually works, but I /really/ wish they would change it to make snow rituals work.
>>
>>46299366
>snow ritual

They could just make it say 'target land becomes snow until end of turn and adds X to your mana pool'
>>
>>46299553
I would prefer Snowrceries and Sninstants
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1200x675
>Snowrceries and Sninstants
>and Sninstants
>Sninstants
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.