[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a game/system that lets me play or makes easier to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Is there a game/system that lets me play or makes easier to play special snow flakes/gary stus? i want to run a game like this for my players so they can let out their inner fag
>>
>>46285013
Beast: the Primordial
>>
>>46285013
GURPS and Exalted definitely qualify too.
>>
>>46285013
D&D 3.5
>>
>>46285031
aren't they too crunchy?
>>46285076
well if you play a lvl 20 campaign maybe
>>
>>46285031
the reply was to this guy
>>46285062
>>
>>46285013
Risus
Tenra Bansho Zero
>>
>>46285182
Not really. For the DM maybe, there's a fuckton of options and rulesets you have to choose or alllow before you put it in front of your pkayers. Your players should pick it up quick, mechanics are best learned by playing like all games. It's just dice and positive or negative multipliers with GURPS. Literally that's it. Like every other game. My first game was rifts so maybe I'm biased but many "crunchy" games felt just right for me, including GURPS, and D&D felt too abstracted at first (there's no dodge or block roll just AC what the fuck).

I can understand your hesistance but that's sort of what you're going to get with indepth character creation in order to make thorough mary sues of all kinds. You can try Mutants and Masterminds that game has a lot of options but people find it pretty simple.
>>
>>46285412
just asking, where should i start with gurps?
>>
>>46285516
4th Edition Basic Set. There's a link in the OP .pdf of the Gurps General.
Give their characters like 400 god damn points.
>>
Maid RPG if OP's pic is related
>>
Anima.
>>
MAID. Works for both serious and humorous attempts.
>>
File: 1393354744188.png (61 KB, 261x212) Image search: [Google]
1393354744188.png
61 KB, 261x212
>>46285031
>>
>>46285013
Nobilis: Game about being personifications of concepts, pretty wanky. But specific.

Risus: Lets you use anything as a stat, including Trenchcoat Full Of Katanas if you want.

Risus + Aspects: Same as Risus, but aspects allow you to have some inner turmoil / angst shit and get powers from it.
>>
>>46285013
Why would you pick the system? Do you need the crunch for "I`m the best in all stats"?
>>
>>46285013
MAID RPG will often generate these completely by accident.

It's a comedy game and that sort of thing is expected, though.
>>
>>46285013
BESM lets you be anything.

Also Graceful Wicked Masques (exalted)
>>
>>46289043
>Risus + Aspects: Same as Risus, but aspects allow you to have some inner turmoil / angst shit and get powers from it.
Where are the Aspects rules for it?
>>
Mage the Awakening with no paradox rules.
>>
>>46285340
is TBZ good?
>>
>>46285143
>aren't they too crunchy?
Specify that on your first post
>>
>>46285721
>400

Take if farther, give your players 800 and call it a day.

I generally give my players 125.
>>
someone haves the TENRA BANSHO ZERO pdf?
>>
>>46293543
Even better. Give them 800 points in HERO SYSTEM and watch how they react to be able to destroy planets and disintegrate city blocks on command.
>>
>>46295259
Agreed. Hero system fits the "Super special" and "Overpowered as fuck" requirements while also letting he GM make opponents for the sues
>>
>>46291857
Steal Aspects from Fate and make invoking one worth +2 dice instead of +2 points.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.