[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What abilities would a Necromantic Ooze have?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Blackooze.png (36 KB, 192x169) Image search: [Google]
Blackooze.png
36 KB, 192x169
so I'm running my first campaign and i usually use creatures from the monster manual.

but i wanted to spice things up from the normal enemies and throw some interesting types at them, so i randomly chose ooze. and the players are fighting a necromancer.

so it pained me to see there was no version of an undead slime in the book.

i was hoping you guys would help me make one.

for starters i figure its made from the rotting ooze that comes from a decomposing corpse, then a necromancer grants it life.

Help?
>>
I dunno what level your party is, but there's a flesh and a bone ooze, respectively, in MM2, I think?

They're kind of disappointing as enemies if you know anything about the system, but they might be a good start for a necromatic themed ooze.
>>
>>46284150
This is 3.5, by the way, you didn't specify system.

If it's 5e, I have no idea.
>>
>>46284150
the party is currently lvl 4 adventurers, pretty good at straight up combat, but i enjoy challenging them with enemies they can't just trade blows with. i like golems and the like.

>>46284167
sorry my bad, were using Pathfinder, a friend of mine only sent me 1 book so i don't know which edition
>>
File: Boilborn.png (851 KB, 726x925) Image search: [Google]
Boilborn.png
851 KB, 726x925
>>46284220
Ask /pfg/ for the books then.

While you're there, ask them that question.
>>
>>46284271
Thank you, ill go there next to pick up some of the books
>>
Aura fort saves or damage could work. Lifesteal.

Maybe animate corpses if the slime moves over them.

Give it some insane grapple abilities as well. Its MO could be trying to get someone in a grapple then lifesteal them to death, finally animate the corpse then move onto the next victim.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.