[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever take prisoners?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10
Do you ever take prisoners?
>>
File: NOSTICKY!NOSTICKY!.jpg (34 KB, 725x393) Image search: [Google]
NOSTICKY!NOSTICKY!.jpg
34 KB, 725x393
NO PRISONERS!
>>
We're bunch of vampires, of course we take prisoners, we can't just do with normal rations.
>>
File: Orc Hug.jpg (91 KB, 401x373) Image search: [Google]
Orc Hug.jpg
91 KB, 401x373
>>46270311
We keep the men as pets and woman as servants.
>>
File: 1451407621752.jpg (752 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1451407621752.jpg
752 KB, 1920x1200
Only when it's conveint to do so and only when there is something to be gained from having them present and on hand. And don't get me wrong, I don't go out of my way to make people suffer so I'm usually the first to deal the killing blow because I aim to make it quick and painless regardless of who it is.
>>
File: 1445786468636.png (310 KB, 477x724) Image search: [Google]
1445786468636.png
310 KB, 477x724
Do you ever leave survivors?
>>
File: Rogue Traders.jpg (1012 KB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Traders.jpg
1012 KB, 2100x1500
>>46270311
Absolutely. Ransom of high-value individuals, like military commanders, genehanced elite soldiery, and noble family members are an absolutely critical part of our quarterly Black income, and make up 7% of our total combined Terran yearly income.
>>
File: 1306916246814s.jpg (4 KB, 113x126) Image search: [Google]
1306916246814s.jpg
4 KB, 113x126
>>46270311
>Fighting the enemies of the emprah
>Taking prisoners
Only heretica and deviants do that
>>
>>46270311
>Do you ever take prisoners?
I mean, obviously.

How would I make money if I never ransomed a soul? Would I find chests of gold just lying around? I think not.
>>
>>46272148
Well, for those who dabble in arcane arts it is quite possible to ransom souls without having to bother dragging their original bodies around.
>>
>>46272175
Sounds like necromancy to me. Wasn't that banned by the guilds?
>>
>>46270311
Took an animal poacher in once in star wars.
Locked him in one of the animal cages that used some kind of taser-device to gain information from him.

>I interrogated him for the location of the coffee.

I asked the gm how the coffee was.
It was terrible.

>I threw the scalding how coffee into the mans face.

Fucking poachers.
>>
>>46270311
Typically no. If I can get away with leaving them incapacitated or scaring them off rather than killing them, I will. Provided my character has scruples of course. Played a "burn 'em all" cleric once. No prisoners. No survivors. Huge cunt in general.
>>
File: Evagreen Inquisition.jpg (62 KB, 1107x1009) Image search: [Google]
Evagreen Inquisition.jpg
62 KB, 1107x1009
>>46271808
Brother, do you even Interrogate?!
>>
>>46270311
Back on topic, if it's atall possible at this point - hey, fuck it, I live for lost causes, I play 3.5 for fun for fuck's sake:

Yes, we take prisoners, depending on the situation and the feasibility of doing so. Certain goblin and gnoll tribes are known to barter or exchange prisoners for captives, and most soldiers and mercenary companies have some sort of ransom fund for their people. Barring that, many families or villages can be convinced to pay or perform various services (or swear fealty to, what lord are we working for this month? Oh, right, that one) in exchange for their people being returned relatively unharmed. And word comes to worst, there's a pretty good slave market over in Three Roses where they can work to buy their own freedom if no one likes them enough to pay.

Just another day in the life of a mercenary company, really. In fairness, we also have our own funds set aside, above what the Company has for us if we get our damn fool heads captured, which is a comfort even if we haven't had to rely on it yet.

Crunch-wise, it really, really doesn't hurt that our GM awards experience for 'overcoming challenges', not 'slaying enemies', which does encourage us to think outside the box and find alternate, easier solutions to our problems. Like the time we stuck the wizard's tower in a not!elastic Bag of Ever-Holding...good times, that.
>>
>>46270311
Not anymore since every prisoner gets magically free every time and gets his vengeance while we sleep.
>>
My Paladin tries to, but they always "went for the Rogue's dagger" when I'm not looking and get killed.
>>
As a DM I never let players take prisoners, it just slows down the game.
>>
File: 1439881914203.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1439881914203.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>46272818
>"As a DM, I never let my players do a very common thing that happens all the time in real life."
>What? Why?
>"Iunno. Cause it makes my job harder?"
>>
>>46270311
Yes, because in Reign if someone surenders and means it but you kill them anyway then they have the options to haunt you. You able to see and hear them as if they were real but can't touch them. This goes on until you die, go mad, or they give up.
I can't see the last one happening to an adventurer though as they just have to get right up in your face next time there is a fight and you are pretty much fucked.
>>
>>46270311
I miss Spoole
>>
File: Rogue Trader (3).jpg (87 KB, 900x632) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Trader (3).jpg
87 KB, 900x632
>>46270311
Sure, we'll either ransom them off, or send them off to the Astropath for re-education.
>>
>>46270311

In Shadowrun I make my party take prisoners, or at least not just kill everyone in sight. We tie up non-combatants with wrist ties and tape their mouths with duct tape.

Reason being that a) we're not assholes who just kill random lab workers and dudes in suits, and b) runners who do go on that kind of murder spree generally end up attracting a lot of the wrong kind of attention, which goes against the low profile we want to keep.

In fantasy games it very rarely comes up. In my DnD DM's games (not the same guy as SR), Orcs are all evil, dark elves are all evil, the cultists are all evil, and they all fight blindly to the death anyway.
>>
>>46270311
Depends.
PoW are not an issue, but any personal enemy will die and their lineage will be uprooted.
>>
File: Zip Cuffs.jpg (37 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
Zip Cuffs.jpg
37 KB, 900x599
>>46275775
>wrist ties

That's not how you spell zip-cuffs.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.