[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planescape Torment 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: TNO.jpg (8 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
TNO.jpg
8 KB, 207x244
Anyone else got Planescape Torment 2?

My impression - Tides of Numenera is Torment. The factions are copied, the encounters are copied, the story line is copied. Everything is copied, with a bit of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. / Roadside Picnic thrown in. If you wanted Torment, you got Torment. Except, playing a carbon copy of it just doesn't bring anything to the table. They could have done so much with the world, and they didn't. I guess this is why sequels are always inevitably shit.
>>
File: m.jpg (154 KB, 639x322) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
154 KB, 639x322
>>46269227

Pic related - it's an Anna/Fall-From-Grace merge and one of the redeeming points of the story.
>>
>Based on original work by Monte Cook!
You could say I don't care but that would be a mild reaction.
>>
>>46269251

I don't know how much he had to do with anything other than the setting. The setting is fine, they just fucked it up.

>lasers everywhere
>anti-gravity
>"Pick up broadsword"
>>
File: nope.png (103 KB, 968x310) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
103 KB, 968x310
>>46269251
>Monte Cook
>>
>>46269227
only good thing I got from funding Kickstarter games is the Dragonfall DLC which I didn't even pay for

I hope you're exaggerating OP
>>
>>46269741

I am not exaggerating at all - the thing is, it isn't BAD. It's just a clone. As I mentioned earlier, it basically delivered what it promised to deliver, and it's JUST that. There is no actual improvement on Torment whatsoever.

I never cared about the combat in Torment, but it wasn't total shit (despite what some people will claim). This combat seems to be so far. I am not even going to go into detail unless anyone cares, but it's basically "trade blows" with shit animation. Again, this is a non-factor.

What is a factor is that in Torment, you could randomly piss off people and turn the whole world against you, here you can't even do that. Again, a minor point, but one of principle.

I don't know, I can hate on it all day, but it comes down to "meh." Maybe we are just "too old for this shit," considering when Torment came out.

As far as paying - I don't care, I don't even play games anymore. This was the only game I bought/played in probably half a decade.
>>
Is it actually released?
>>
>>46272047
Nope.

That's troll logic for ypu.
>>
>>46272047
>>46272924

Early access is...
>>
>>46269227
Ehh..Didn't even knew about this project.
So if this is basically torment remake I welcome it. I can finally replay it with modern day graphics and interface.
>>
>>46274119

It's not a direct remake, it's a "spiritual successor" that's basically a direct remake in a slightly different setting.

The UI isn't much improved. Graphics are far worse than I expected, and I didn't expect much at all.
>>
>>46269241

You know, I can be okay with this, even if it is a mediocre clone.
>>
>>46269241
> consolidate two great waifus into one
noice
>>
>>46279333

Trips of truths, I guess.
>>
>>46280374
Rule of Three cutter
>>
How is the character creation and dialogue choices?
>>
>>46282893

Shh, the celestial Chorus will here you.
>>
>>46269227
Well Numenera is a giant pile of shit, not sure what you expected.
>>
>>46269827
>>46273436
>>46272047

Bear in mind you're dealing with a Beta, so something may change, I'd expect the graphics to be upped a little and the UI to improve a little.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.