[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infinity General: Free Society Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
Infinity is a 28mm scale skirmish game where everyday citizens are free to move as they please throughout the universe.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>Official Army Builder:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/army

>Token Generator:
http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (so you could compare units across factions)
http://n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
http://www.youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
http://pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
https://mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>Latest news is the Economically Questionable RPG Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>The Actual Faction Poll
http://strawpoll.me/5146634

>Scans (More Needed):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6nel34mw0la3bb/Infinity+1st+edition+Rulebook.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wd3pbtpjp5w9dig/Infinity+-+Corvus+Belli+S.L.L.+-+Human+Sphere.pdf

>Check out Operation: Flamestrike
http://flamestrike.warconsole.com

>Previous thread:
>>46212273
>>
File: 1448587814598.jpg (287 KB, 2048x1092) Image search: [Google]
1448587814598.jpg
287 KB, 2048x1092
First for best TAG
>>
>>46268796
did they give Avatars holoprojector?

you're TAG a shit
>>
>>46268587
>>
>>46268796
>Worse shot than PanO TAG
>Worse hitter than Nip TAG
>>
>>46269507
>sudacas fail again :^)
>>
File: tiger soldier javier.jpg (473 KB, 1888x1133) Image search: [Google]
tiger soldier javier.jpg
473 KB, 1888x1133
>>46268796
First for best AD troop.
>>
>>46269565
did they give Gao Tarsos a holoprojector

you're mimetism a shit
>>
>>46269969
Sauce on that information?
>>
>>46269969
>gao tarsos
>holoprojector
Jesus is tohaa gonna be the holo faction?
>>
I don't know anything about Infinity but my group is considering starting it up.
I looked at all the army synopses and the models in the catalog and the JSA is the only one that interests me, mostly because of the baggy pants+tight boots combination but also because I'm a minor weeb.

Is playing JSA on its own actually viable, or is it a one-note gimmick army where you're supposed to collect Yu Jing but can play JSA for some variation?

Also, I've heard about models being resculpted. Is there any way to find out which ones are already resculpted? Do we get to know in advance when models are about to get resculpted? I'm mostly concerned about the Keisotsu Butai, their faces look a bit derpy.
>>
>>46270827
JSA is viable, heavy infantry link teams are your friend. you could probably build a list avoiding keisotsu of you're happy to take robots as order monkeys
>>
File: Hac Tao.jpg (109 KB, 691x850) Image search: [Google]
Hac Tao.jpg
109 KB, 691x850
>>46270827
JSA is perfectly viable, came 2nd (iirc?) at the Interplanetary (the largest Infinity tournament in Europe, 80-100 players) last August.

There's a handful of ways to play them, though most use some variant of either a Keisotsu or Haramaki firebase, massed Ninja or massed Aragato.

It's certainly more of a gimmick army than vanilla Yu Jing, but there's still a number of viable variants.

>>46268587
Can't wait for the RPG to run my PC's through a good ol' black bagging for their inevitably subversive activities.
>>
>>46270827

Starting Sectorial can gimp you a bit, you'll be starving for some choice, but JSA is quite viable. Sectorial just ups the contrast on your weaknesses, but you can build to help cover them while exploiting the boost to your Sectorial's specialties.

The JSA starter is one of the older starter boxes, and it's obvious on half the models in it, mainly the cheaper mooks. We don't usually get a lot of word what's on the resculpt list and things can take a while when they're in the works because CB is chronically late on deadlines (though what comes out is near universally worth the wait).

There's a gallery of CB models so you might want to check the Yu Jing section, though you should build with balance in mind more so than looks, but checking it out first can help you avoid old, ugly sculpts.
http://infinitythegame.com/catalogue/yu-jing.html
>>
Is there any confirmation that HSN3 will be available at adepticon?
>>
>>46271366
preorders start tomorrow, should be delivered around two months after that. when is adepticon?
>>
>>46271525
Thursday
>>
>>46271935
i respect your optimism
>>
>>46272701
I believe he meant that Adepticon was on Thursday.
>>
>>46272762
i know, they optimistic thinking that they will have the book available 3 days after preorders start. are CB attending adepticon?
>>
>>46272978
Yeah they'll be there, Magno and Bostria are meant to be having a game.
>>
>>46273015
And when they announced they were attending (earlier this month) they hinted VERY strongly that HSN3 would be available at there.
>>
File: Capture3.png (1 MB, 857x614) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
1 MB, 857x614
Didn't have the moto.tronica terrain in flat pack, so you get aleph terrain instead (for now) time to start work on the miniture proxies, if anyone has a cache of the concept art dossiers those'd be much appreciated
>>
>>46273145
>>46272978
This is pretty much their MO. ITS winner mini is available to a select few (tournament winners) early then released to the masses and Gen con had a new van Zant then it was released later
>>
File: 1455506276831.png (707 KB, 529x664) Image search: [Google]
1455506276831.png
707 KB, 529x664
>>46270827
We should be clearer: Sectorials, as compared to vanilla Armies have a much more limited selection of troops in exchange for being able to make Link teams, which give a team of up to 5 units a bunch of passive and active benefits. Vanilla forces don't have access to powerful link teams (except Tohaa's fireteams), but they have a much wider variety of troops to choose from, and as such have fewer obvious weakness or gaps in their lists.

One thing to realize early on is that melee combat is not something that should be focused or relied upon. It's not exactly a trap option, but most of the time in most games you're shooting at someone and you can go whole matches without ever getting into melee combat.

As for JSA in particular: Keisotsu are quite old but since CB doesn't tell us what they're releasing until the month or so before the release, we don't know when they'll be updated.

JSA is viable, particularly for HI link teams (Haramaki are quite resilient). You can also do Akira-esque bike lists or (less effectively) Domaru lists, all of which may or may not have Ninjas in them.
>>
File: inf rev montage.jpg (653 KB, 1300x533) Image search: [Google]
inf rev montage.jpg
653 KB, 1300x533
>>
>>46274597
Very nice!
>>
>>46273015
Is Monday not a public holiday for the USA?
>>
>>46268587
>Look at the picture

Is Infinity a Dystopia?
>>
>>46275378

Not mine, all my painting sucks.

Working on a Bandit, though. Hopefully it'll work, but it looks like the primer I used isn't holding well enough, even when I washed the model with soap and water previously.

Maybe I can get the base coat on and throw a layer of clearcoat on before I continue, seal up everything nice before finishing it up and adding detail.
>>
>>46275551
Depends on where you live I think.

If you live in Yu Jing, then yes.
>>
File: 1405548235059.png (1 MB, 658x915) Image search: [Google]
1405548235059.png
1 MB, 658x915
>>46275551

Yes and no.

There's oppression, corporations run amok, corruption, clandestine secret wars (the entire premise of the game, really), illicit drug trades, illegal bodymods, capricious prick aliens, and the French, but for the majority of people they can get on with their lives. It's a little more manga-future and cyberpunk than a hellhole of a dystopia. Every faction has their problems, but they have a lot of good things about them as well.
>>
>>46275645
PanO detected.
>>
>>46275720
If you live there, its even worse!
>>
>>46275727
Nomads plz.
>>
File: 1456091309257.jpg (889 KB, 1576x1408) Image search: [Google]
1456091309257.jpg
889 KB, 1576x1408
>>46275645
>>46275551
>Is Infinity a Dystopia?
Not compared to 1980's cyberpunk dystopias, no. Especially not YJ. Pan-O may have Atek but the vast, vast majority of humanity in Infinity can live with better-than-middle-class living standards while working less than 20 hours a week, and being "middle" to "upper middle" class in Pan-O or Yu Jing means you don't have to work and can spend all day on Mayanet. Except for the poorest of the poor in Pan-O most humans do not do physical labor and have access to a personal AI internet drone to help them with almost everything.

While in Pan-O you can fall into the cracks of capitalism, in YJ even the most destitute and those incapable of supporting themselves whether by physical or mental disabilities are afforded a decent standard of living (shelter, food), etc.

Of course there's bad stuff, but it's less overtly terrible than the vast majority of cyberpunk-esque near-future fictions.
>>
>>46275829
if you're a Corregidor nomad though you work hard or you get your oxygen rights revoked, no idea how it works on bakunin but as a rule I imagine all three ships don't have room for people who don't contribute it some way.

Not sure what life is like for a Haqqislamite, but life on Ariadna is more or less modern day in a slightly more hostile environment.
>>
>>46277088

It's actually pretty hard not to find work on Corregidor to earn your pay because if you don't have work they'll assign you some, even if it's just scrubbing vent systems. If you don't work even when assigned, you get airlocked.

Bakunin is pretty free market, lots of tourism, entertainment, and artisan work. If you can wait tables or barista then you've got it made.

Tunguska is programmers and mafiosos. I assume that if you can code or can bulk up like a bouncer, and most of all follow orders and not ask questions, I assume you're in good.
>>
>>46274597
this is a cute way of doing the 180 arc of fire. How do you guys here paint your arcs onto bases? I really hate the concept so will probably paint over it after my events unless I get a result that looks passable.
>>
>>46275551
Only if you get born unlucky or piss off the wrong person. Yes, you'll be black bagged if you whistleblow about a powerful PanO corporation's crimes, and you'll be kicked through a wall if you disrespect the jade emperor in front of a Bao troop. But for your average person it's pretty good.
>>
>>46278855

I got some of the brass arcs from Antenocitis Workshop. Once my minis are done and based I just glue them on.
>>
>>46278855
I just paint one half of the rim red and leave it at that.
>>
File: 20160303_093435-1.jpg (806 KB, 1152x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160303_093435-1.jpg
806 KB, 1152x1152
>>46278855
I hate LoF markings on the bases, but its an ITS requirement now. Currently I have simple grey lines. Nothing fancy or glaring.
>>
File: shepard-smirk.jpg (117 KB, 412x500) Image search: [Google]
shepard-smirk.jpg
117 KB, 412x500
>>46275708
>and the French
>>
File: MY EYES.png (837 KB, 615x908) Image search: [Google]
MY EYES.png
837 KB, 615x908
>>
>>46281228

>"What's your WIP again?"
>>
>>46277523
Yea, I was more pointing out that you don't get a free lunch everywhere, outside of the big two life is a little tougher, I imagine so long as you're paying your way on the nomad ships lifes pretty good, everyone's quasi military on corregidor, and most of the wierdos on bakunin are kept in line by the moderators. I imagine the after work bar crawls are amazing.
>>
>>46281470
And how is life with the Most Blessed and Enlightened Haqqislam?
>>
>>46281591
I'd imagine somewhat like the big two, honestly. Just a lot more desert. They make a good living through the sale of Silk. Just a lot more deserts.

They've got whole districts dedicated to tourism, nice places.

Of course the Hassassins have a much harder life, as do the biker-bandits. But that is more self imposed than anything else the way I figure it.

>>46281470
After work pub crawls in Nomad space would truly epic. Imagine the bars in Bakunin, or the fights that erupt on Corregidor.
>>
>>46281719
I think the fights in both would be something epic until the moderators/whoever the hell polices corregidor break that shit up.

unless of course the bar in question is in someones private section where fighting is A-OK in which case I guess you better have metachemistry.
>>
>>46282958
I think Alguaciles do at least some of the policing work in Corregidor.
>>
>>46282958
There might be metachemistry only bars. Those people (can they be called people still?) can't get drunk off of normal booze anymore.

Tunguska would have the best parties and bars I think. Imagine how trippy that would be, all that hacking that's going around. Sensory shifts in sync with the music or drinks you're knocking back. Plus, you'd get to see everything even after you black out thanks to the handy recording of your Nomad Shenanigans.
>>
>>46283074
Bakunin has best parties by default. Just go to Vaudeville instead of Praxis if you can't stand the tail.
>>
>>46283142
But I want to touch fluffy tails.

And get a whole metric tonne of body mods myself.
>>
Can you Coordinated Order with G-Servants?

Do they count as a model?

ie, if I wanted to coordinated order a machinist and 3 auxilia, do I move all 4 of them and servants at once?
>>
>>46283885
No, a trooper with G: Servant or Synchronized cannot be a part of a Coordinated Order.

So in your example only the Auxilia and Machinist will activate WITHOUT the Auxbots and Palbot.
>>
>>46283983
http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/28325-solved-command-tokencoordinated-order-on-models-with-g-trait/?page=2

I think I can?
>>
>>46284082
nvm faq explicitly states otherwise.
>>
Any more news about MO?
>>
>>46285543
How new are we talking about? There is supposedly one new unit coming up.
>>
>>46271069
>>46271182
>>46271196
>>46273826
Thanks a lot for the information! The JSA starter box being one of the older ones and Sectorials having Link teams is really good to know.

What's the best resource for learning the rules? I'd prefer to have an overview of the gameplay before I delve into the rulebook.
Corvus Belli's tutorials on Youtube? The video is 5 years old by now, will the rules in it be outdated?
>>
>>46285785
The quickstart rulebook provides the most basic stuff, and after that I'd recommend looking at batreps on youtube. Radio Free Neoterra is a good one. The wiki is a massive help for the more specific and complex rules.
>>
Is there a PDF for all the weapons in one table without HS/N3 split?
>>
>>46285785
The Youtube tutorials are still relevant. As someone that started with JSA. I recommend doing Vanilla Yu Jing first. JSA has a very aggressive, fairly unforgiving playstyle. You lack msv+smoke execept for a remote that you can take one of, and your smoke is limited to named characters. Model wise, they still look fine, an update to keisotsu and kempetei would be nice, but the older models like ninja, oniwaban, haramaki and aragoto (with the possible execption of asuka) hold up very well.
>>
File: tumblr_np3w2bsvuc1ruqqm0o1_500.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np3w2bsvuc1ruqqm0o1_500.gif
2 MB, 480x270
Possessed a tag for the first time and killed his lt with it. mfw.
>>
File: 1437937890553.jpg (378 KB, 1024x1446) Image search: [Google]
1437937890553.jpg
378 KB, 1024x1446
>>46286048
Possessed a TAG and killed a second TAG with it.
>>
>>46286048
Someone possessed my Gorgos once, so i hit it with like 6 HFT templates. The former champ just face palmed
>>
>>46281591
Well, a significant amount of the fluff riffs on the Fremen, of dune. So you'll be a total badass, but you'll have to be to survive past/to your 12th birthday.

They explicitly don't terraform and civilise some areas because they consistently produce awesome soldiers. In the more built up areas, I daresay it's not that different to PanO.

>>46283074
>are they even still people
Check your baseline privilege, mono-genus scum.
>>46283142
Considering the moderators have bunny ears, I'd say fluffy tail is a pretty legal upgrade.
>>
>>46278855
>>46280283
I hate them too; I used to just say the line across the shoulders. Now that they're required, I use a fairly dark tone of grey; it's visible if you look, but dark enough to not be glaringly obvious.
>>
>>46286048
Happened to me the first time I took a TAG.
Never used one since, despite owning 3.

...Having your own Anaconda rip through two thirds of your army will have that effect on you.
>>
>>46286558
>Anaconda
That explains it. Space Frogs can't properly support their TAG, and those things need to be babysat or they get horribly molested. A single line troop hacker with no repeaters isn't exactly a recipe for success when using TAGs.
But remember that if you take care of them, they'll take care of you. You've seen what Annie can do to an army, and she's one of the weakest TAGs in the game.
>>
>>46286531
Seriously though, if you don't clearly mark LoF before playing, you're making it needlessly difficult for your opponent. I paint the two rim halves in different colours, which is not very elegant, but at least it's clear. When I play against someone who doesn't mark those, I am often frustrated to find that what I thought was a sneaky approach outside LoF is in fact in clear view of my target.
>>
>>46286880
The reason I didn't was that I take a long time painting stuff, and I use an airbrush, so they were always getting covered. My opponent was alright with just asking for facings; we only had one situation in about 6 games where a facing wasn't clear between head direction and shoulder line, so we rolled for it.
>>
>>46287280
>and I use an airbrush, so they were always getting covered
Just... Do it after you're done with everything else? And using a regular brush I may add.
I do the markings at the end. If I need to play a half-painted mini I draw marks with a coloured pencil.
I've had situations with stuff like Lasiq sniper that has very thin figure and head covered in hood. Trying to visualize LoF on that was a bitch.
>>
>>46275829
All thanks to Writer Fiat, the best of all currencies.
>>
>>46287383
It takes me weeks and weeks to finish individual models, so I end up playing games with models in various stages of completion.
>>
>>46287748
Here's your (you).
>>
>>46283074
>>
File: around Nomads watch your gonad.jpg (191 KB, 565x542) Image search: [Google]
around Nomads watch your gonad.jpg
191 KB, 565x542
>>
File: Ye old Hsien.jpg (48 KB, 275x320) Image search: [Google]
Ye old Hsien.jpg
48 KB, 275x320
>>
>>46290318
is that a resistor on the base for terrain?
>>
>>46290318
The current Hsien almost looks good when measured up to this shitheap.

Almost.
>>
>>46275551
Yu Jing are tied with the Combined Army for the "bad guys" of the setting. No faction is perfect. Pan O are expansionist, jingoistic and think they are doing conquered people's a favor. The Nomads are an army of thieves and whores. etc.

However Yu Jing really stand out in the evil department. Not even the CA turn political dissenters into suicide bombers.
>>
>>46290664
>The Nomads are an army of thieves and whores. etc.
Excuse me.

Treasure hunters and respectable madams.
>>
>>46290664
All the factions are grey. YJ has harsh punishments for those who they find out of line and their racist bent against the japanese, but they don't have a lot of the problems of PanO's implementation of future hypercapitalism. Nomads are shady as hell with their biomodding and AI experimentation, plus their covert ops, but they're the ones fighting for a more free Human Sphere. On the other hand, Aleph is the all-seeing all-controlling AI, but it appears to operate on 0th-law Azimov logic (Do not harm Humanity or by inaction allow humanity to come to harm). It may not care about individuals but it has the vision for the future of the Sphere. List goes on. Who's bad and who's good depends largely on what point of view you bring into it. If you believe in a big picture that's best for "all of us", YJ and Aleph are the bad guys. IF you would rather think that individual liberties are the highest good, you probably empathize with Nomads and Ariadna.
>>
File: received_10205990668428179.jpg (59 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
received_10205990668428179.jpg
59 KB, 1080x1920
Looks like Christmas came early this year boys. Friday and it'll be in hand!
>>
>>46291837
have they mentioned what the pre-order miniature is yet?
>>
>>46291837
Does that mean rules will be out at the same time?
>>
>>46291875
They put it up or I will, don't worry anon.

>>46291868
It's the merc hacker apparently.
>>
>>46275551
More of a Heterotopia if you really want to categorize it.
>>
>>46290664
>not turning political dissenters into tools for the greater good
I bet you don't even break eggs for your omellets. Human eggs, that is.
>>
>>46291770
>If you believe in a big picture that's best for "all of us", YJ and Aleph are the bad guys
meant to say YJ and Aleph were the good guys in that case.
>>
>>46291902
Nope. It's a merc unit we already have. But now with a new profile.
>>
>>46292780
I wish it was an alternate Krakot sculpt. But then the preorders would run out in record time.
>>
>>46292874
Well, the Krakot ITS mini will be release shortly, because ITS16 is only a few months. So you'll get an alternate sculpt so after.
>>
>>46291837
Thursday can't come soon .
>>
>>46293095
...enough
>>
>>46293095
I wish I had a ninja shopper. Waiting for my preorder is gonna be hard....but N3 came pretty fast so it probably wont be too bad especially since the east coast gets things before the rest of the US
>>
>>46291902
>>46292780
so valeria gromoz resculpt?
...ok...
>>
>>46293774
plsno
At least let it be something we can all use without starting a new army, like with Joan
>>
>>46293774
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

It's absolutely not Gromoz.
>>
>>46295047
deduction
we'll see though
we'll see
>>
>>46295047
But for the right price, she can be if that's what you're into.
>>
So what's the point of paying piles of points for elite infantry? I see that medium troops like Intruders are pretty good buy they die like chumps.to cheap dudes with template weapons. Same goes for heavy infantry and tags. Everything seems to get countered by cheap dudes or cheap hackers.

So why take the cool stuff? You might have ten good guys and a tag but my 20 dudes are going to wreck them
>>
>>46268796
Sure, but tags are garbage so what's the point?
>>
>>46295638

If supported properly, a good team of medium dudes or a heavy dude with some support can chew through cheap dudes like cotton candy. Plus, just throw one TR REM in the mix and suddenly a section of the board is closed due to imminent ARO before you get in range with a chain rifle. Plus, numbers don't matter as much, Orders do. With some cheap mooks at his back, that one powerful Intruder with an HMG can gun down more mooks more effectively than some mooks with chain rifles. And if you're throwing those mooks in the line of fire, you're going to be losing orders every turn.

Plus, the game is less about killing the entirety of the other team than it is about completing your objectives before your opponent. You can't do that without specialists. Elimination games are okay for beginners and small points, but not the best way to play by far.
>>
>>46295638
The same as that 20 dudes gonna get wrecked by templates and suppressive shots from those "useless" elites of well prepared player.

The elites means they're a toolbox unit that can cover almost any assigment in one dude that also can outshoot/outmove/outwhatever enemy.

Your kurrwa thugs maybe can be menacing in 1 and 2 games with noobs, but just an annoying games of slog after that. And also taking so many grunts makes your option limited to short range gun and will hamper your unit movement, so your call....
>>
>>46295638
WELCOME TO KURWA.

>>46295835
>>46295925
Both these guys are clueless.
>Plus, the game is less about killing the entirety of the other team than it is about completing your objectives before your opponent.
Kurwa strong.

>The same as that 20 dudes gonna get wrecked by templates and suppressive shots from those "useless" elites of well prepared player.
Kurwa is not afraid.

Consider the fact that you -should- be taking at least 2 groups of 20 orders. You should always Kurwa.
Ignore expensive stuff for more Kurwa. It's why Whine Ying players are so bad, they can't figure out how to drop expensive trash for true Kurwa strength.
>>
>>46296014
fuck kurwa
russia shouldve nuked them
three times
>>
File: Codecposting.jpg (205 KB, 700x546) Image search: [Google]
Codecposting.jpg
205 KB, 700x546
>>46296014
>>
>>46290649
You shut your whore mouth, Hsiens are one of the best-looking HI.

(Yannick Hennebo skinny legs aside)
>>
So how do you take mercenaries? Are they ever worth it? I don't see any Mercs in army builder besides the bounty hunters
>>
>>46296705

Most factions only get Bounty Hunters as standard Merc unit. Sectorials can change up those options, adding some more to each specific faction.

Mercs are kind of fun. Their Booty option means they can generate a random loadout, and also pick up a weapon from a dead model on the battlefield.
>>
>>46296705
I see them show up more in sectorials. Qapu Kalki seems to have a lot
>>
>>46296742
So who can take the Anaconda TAG? I was also looking at Senor Massacre but I can't find any armies that can take them
>>
>>46296772

The French for the first, Corregidor for the second.

>>46296742

And now vanilla lists got those Morat Renegades as well.
>>
File: anaconda.png (508 KB, 830x624) Image search: [Google]
anaconda.png
508 KB, 830x624
>>46296772

I think maybe an Ariadna and Haqq Sectorial can take an Anaconda.
>>
>>46296818
Nope, they get ScarfAce.
>>
>>46296705
If you're army list allows Mercs, then you can take them. It's different per sectorial and some may not have any at all.

>>46296772
>>46296818
Currently only the Merrovingians can take the Anaconda
>>
File: remove poland.png (452 KB, 707x697) Image search: [Google]
remove poland.png
452 KB, 707x697
>>46296014
>"Man, I really like taking elite units but garbage spam is better hmmmm..."
>"Better go complain about it on the internet rather than talking to my regular opponents, trying different mission systems, changing the terrain density on my table or other counter tactics!"
>>
>>46296818
French can, QK get iggies
>>
>>46296101
It's not often i'm critical of units, but that dinosaur head and horrible coat look hideous
>>
Complete noob here, can this game be played 2v2 and still work well? Can it do 2v1 as well (e.g. 2x100pts vs. 1x200pts)?
>>
>>46297671
2v2 games are pretty fun, pretty sure there are official rules for it too
>>
>>46295638
>Everything seems to get countered by cheap dudes or cheap hackers.
it only gets worse once you start bringing in scenario play, where cheap orders and specialists get the job done much faster than the competition.

The real reason you take big, elite stuff is because it looks cool. That's it. Infinity is not a very well balanced game, but a fun one.
>>
>>46297159
Who's the guy in that photo anyway? Lawni?
>>
>>46297159
Who's complaining? That's just the state of the game.

Maybe CB could figure they're own shit out and make TAG worth choosing and Kurwa less powerful?
>>
>>46297801
If you play europoor style....

Your fault giving much polack players enough opening for napoleonic style aro and movement freedom.

Well since you cannot purge your world war, 40k "only 2 buildings and 4 grass" imagery away, then kurwa is really for you.
>>
>>46297986
But kurwa is better on a dense board where disposable template weapons and limited aro make numbers better.
>>
>>46298058
Kurwa?
>>
>>46297986
That's the thing, horde style is best regardless of table type. Even more so with N3.

I personally find it makes for a more entertaining game when you aren't depending on one or two key pieces in any particular match, and getting to rub shit in the faces of those who post "it's not your list it's you" is even sweeter.
>>
>>46298108
Why isn't there a limit on orders if going full Kurwa breaks the meta?
>>
>>46298088
Kurwa.
>>
File: 1453095135610.jpg (135 KB, 680x759) Image search: [Google]
1453095135610.jpg
135 KB, 680x759
>>46298161
This tells me nothing
>>
>>46298058
Nah, denser board also means they must move like a bunch up then prone to alot of templates and hmg or suppresive seats.

Also, if you refer to the murica image, theres alot of sniper opening and lowboxes makes a sniper haven since you can find highground easily and got much bonus from proning, also only few spaces that end up shorter than 10" but still keeping density if you look closely.

That's the example of good board.
>>
>>46298191
Kurwa jest kurwa.
>>
>>46298152
Because your EO a shit
A
SHIIIIIIIT
>>
>>46298152
because tournament organizers don't want to admit the system is easily broken with a blatant band-aid
>>
>>46297986
Europoor here, have never experienced either of those terrain styles. Always had a nice, balanced amount of the two. Works just fine.
>>
>>46298152
because full Kurwa is like a TAG rambo, something only scrubs can't deal with
>>
>>46296014
>>46297801
>>46297985
>>46298058
>>46298108
>>46298373

>I am kurwa bitch, destroyer of threads

Hmmmmmm

Are you one of those theoryhammerer from 40k general thats shits in anything you dont like by exploiting the potential hole in system even you don't play the system yourself?

Since to be honest with you, the kurwa already become memes since everyone realize that they are easily bitchslaped by templates, hmg's, camo's and TR.

But of course you don't know that, you don't even touch the game.
>>
Looking into infinity to play a table top game that... allegedly... means you have to use your brain a little.
But first off what's with all the Poland hate? Not Polish just curious
>>
File: 13-IsobelMcGregorDossier1-min.jpg (805 KB, 1754x1240) Image search: [Google]
13-IsobelMcGregorDossier1-min.jpg
805 KB, 1754x1240
>>46298880
It's a reference to a style of play that is particularly popular in Poland (the joke is that the armies required were easily proxy'd by other miniatures which were the only ones Poles could afford) that involves spamming twenty or thirty (or even that goddamned 50+ of) very cheap specialist troops, often with camouflage.

Since the number of regular troops gives you your order pool, and camouflage makes it inefficient for the opponent to discover (unless they've built a list for it), the excessive number of troops makes up for the deficit of those Ariadna troops being very squishy, and also gives a cushion in case button-pushing fails (which require orders). Therefore this type of meta is very strong.
>>
File: 1466832641456558995.gif (1024 KB, 386x172) Image search: [Google]
1466832641456558995.gif
1024 KB, 386x172
Can some one please explain what this Kurwa nonsense is? If like to know before someone at the shop exploits more rules against me.
>>
>>46298958

Solution seems simple enough. AVA TOTAL becomes AVA 5, combat groups capped out at 2 groups of 10.
>>
>>46298958
I'd be more inclined to define Poland as more than 12-3 models. I used to run ten model lists and was comfortable doing so; it made for nice quick games against another ten model list. My most frequent opponent began to use more and more cheerleaders, to the extent that he now has at least 15 models. I've been forced to do the same to compensate, as I simply can't contend with that amount of orders with a low model count.
>>
File: 1454794096399.png (686 KB, 760x900) Image search: [Google]
1454794096399.png
686 KB, 760x900
>>46298987
It's not really an exploit, it's just a fairly successful strategy that is difficult to counter unless your list is built for it.

How to Kurwa succesfully:
- play Ariadna.
- don't take any unit over 30 points.
- take as many FO specialists as you can. (generally Kurwa lists take more than the usual 4 specialists per 10 units)
- take as many cheap camo units as you can
- conversely, take as many impetuous super cheap smoke units as you can (40+ highlander rifles with chain rifles, for instance)
- swamp midfield with camo and mines, thereby allowing your immense order pool have all the chances it needs to push buttons.
- lose all your friends.
>>
>>46299059
That literally solves nothing if you knew what those lists were composed of. A more realistic restriction would be on how many camo/infiltration units you can take, as since they are already order efficient, order spam pushes them over the edge.

Honestly the only thing that annoys me is that the "best army" is not-WW1/2 era tech in a futuristic elite spec ops combat game. I see this trend all too much:

>"Wow this game looks super fun and all these models look cool"
>plays a 7-order list and realizes you need orders to do stuff
>"Ok so I'll just pick my favorite fancy units."
>realizes rambos have big weaknesses
>"Ok I'll just run more orders"
>realizes ariadne does this better
>"I got into this game to play fun future modern skirmish game and this isn't fun"
>>
>>46299168
I personally wouldn't define Poland until it's more than 2 full order groups. You'll see Pan-O and YJ run 12-14 unit lists these days. A full 10 for your main group, plus a small secondary group for your TR bots, snipers, and other ARO options that you can push into the main pool when something dies.
>>
>>46299186
Is this why everyone hates on Ariadna then? Thankfully only one person around here plays them. Everyone else plays Nomads
>>
>>46299207

Then you wouldn't get Advent Calendar lists, and Shasvastii lose one of their biggest advantages with all that TO.

Still, I'd trade Advent Calendar lists for a balanced game.
>>
>>46299243
>Everyone else plays Nomads
This is one thing stopping me from placing a order for a Nomads starting box plus a handful of other things.
>>
File: 1457223296581.png (1 MB, 1322x934) Image search: [Google]
1457223296581.png
1 MB, 1322x934
>>46299243
Yes. The problem is that Ariadna's 'weakness' of having squishier troops doesn't matter if a) the opponent has to waste orders revealing camo troops (thereby not shoot at squishy troops) or there's 20+ smoke troops and this is combined with b) having enough troops to provide orders for specialists that it doesn't matter if a lot of those troops do get killed.

It's a multiplicative effect. Each alone isn't that bad, but together it becomes a problem that overcomes the relatively average stats of Ariadna units.

It's why in many ITS tournaments most people prepare a list specifically to deal with camo.
>>
>>46299168
Funny, since i can counter the 15ers even when i only bring around 9-10. You maybe just suprised.

Make sure you bring templates and high rate weapons, also TR and links for ensuing tears.
>>
>>46299287
I didn't know this when I started. I was super excited but there are five other Nomad players now all using the same models
>>
>>46299416
15 isn't poland. 30 or 40 highlander rifles (chain + smoke) with William Wallace and whatever specialists you need is poland.
>>
>>46299287
>>46299424

Oh god, am I in the same boat? I've been painting up my Nomads and now I'm worried about the playerbase at my prospective LGSs.

I might have to start a second army, then. Thinking ALEPH or Tohaa.
>>
>>46299424
Yeah, I don't want to play an army everyone else does. Always been the one who plays something rarer or less common.

My second choice is Haqqislam, but I'm not sure why I can't pull the trigger and place an order.
>>
>>46299186
How much of a shit-fit do you think Kurwa players would throw if CB announced that, effective immediately, Availability: Total was being removed from the game?

Line infantry would now have a high availability like 8 or 9 instead.
>>
>>46299483
But thats a terrible list. an MSV 2 sniper found in most lists, or a TR bot that can out shoot B1 smoke grenades will wreck a list like that.
>>
>>46299596

AVA 5 means you can max a Link Team, but frankly I don't think that'll solve the problem since Ariadna has a lot of different cheap camo troops.
>>
>>46299596
none? poland isn't about spamming one unit type
>>
>>46299483
Why would you take that many irregular troops?
>>
>>46299648
As with everything, depends on the terrain. Also, totally not a shit list. Highlanders are rolling 14+3 for grenades within 8 inches. Doesn't matter if 4 or 6 die to a TR bot so long as one gets through. Also, since 30 Highlanders costs just 180 points, you still have 120 points to fill out the list with actual units.

>>46299726
Because Wallace makes them impetuous+regular order troops.
>>
>>46299571
>>46299485
I'm kind of doubting playing the game now. Everyone plays the same stuff and Nomads seem to play like garbage anyway. It's really stupid that some 10 poiny scrub with a chain rifle can kill my 50 point Intruder in cover with zero effort
>>
>>46299409
Yeah, agreed somewhat

I myself don't come out with msv and/or some 'nades.

Or if i didn't, i just try using grunt bait tactics
>>
>>46299571

Play QK, get best of both worlds?
>>
>>46299742
That's a lot of dudes
>>
>>46299799

The idea is that the rest of your list keeps that 10 point scrub from getting to your 50 point Intruder to get off a shot, and you have a multitude of choices to keep that from happening.

Still, high lethality is a draw to the game. Some factions have more durable troops with more wounds and armor, but ultimately the best playstyle is not to get shot at all. Sending your boys running through the streets without cover is asking for a 10 point conscript to ruin your 50 point specialist.

>>46299742

Can't Morlocks do the same thing for Nomads? Though they lack a model that can make them all Regular.
>>
>>46299483
The definition of polacks is different in every lgs nowadays.

I myself just assume that every list that had more than 1 group is kurwa symphatiser.

>>46299726
Because polland
They're so poor, they even can't afford discipline soldier.
Not suprising that their garrison is just filled with teenage street tugs and slav merc gangs.
>>
File: Chest Mines.jpg (75 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Chest Mines.jpg
75 KB, 720x960
>>
>>46299960
>The idea is that the rest of your list keeps that 10 point scrub from getting to your 50 point Intruder to get off a shot, and you have a multitude of choices to keep that from happening.

Terrain made that impossible. First time I could see the guy was when he popped out and killed the Intruder in cover. The intruder failed his dodge and then failed his armor. Not really surprised, armor looks pretty worthless in this game.

At least my other guys killed him, but it was pretty stupid. A ten point guy shouldn't be able to kill a fifty point dude with zero effort, but whatever
>>
>>46299960
>Can't Morlocks do the same thing for Nomads?
Not to the same extent, because in addition to the Highlanders, Ariadna has tons of cheap camo infiltrating specialists to round out the rest of the force. So 30 highlanders + wallace leaves, what, 85 points to fill with 11 point 0 SWC limited camo inferior infiltration volunteers mixed in with your caterans FO SAS/Uxia plus whatever Isobel/paramedic/dozer/112's you need.
>>
>>46300157

Well, I guess my second faction should be Ariadna, probably USAriadna, so I can bring diversity to my prospective LGS while absolutely not engaging in Poland spam. Lead by example and all.
>>
>>46300249
USAriadna's quite strong, at least in my experience. Less Poland than Caledonians/MRRF, but still Poland. 18 point 0 SWC FO + camo + infiltration AVA 4 Foxtrots with mines are really quite strong. Grunts are pretty decent as well, if a bit slow.
>>
>>46300249
the road to hell is paved with good intentions

soon you will be singing in polish while moving fifty camo tokens around the board
>>
>>46300337
>>46300387

ALEPH, then. Can't spam shit when everything's so pricey.
>>
>>46300408
ALEPH is great, Vanilla or SP. Both are really good.
>>
Is Army VI down for anyone else?

>>46300432

Well, as long as it's not Poland.
Also Nesaie Alkê is cute.
>>
>>46300078
Git gud with AROs. Intruders are squishy, so cover their backs with other units or they're likely to get squashed. Lay down some suppressive fire, get a TR remote or sniper, even hiding a shotgunner around a corner can work.

>>46300496
It's down. They were probably trying to unfuck something and fucked everything in the process.

Alke is pretty good for leading Thorakitai around. She's a bit slow and short-ranged to be good without a posse, though.
>>
>>46300387
Fuck it maen, its just you not faithfull enought.

Im running 10 man scots homeland elite guard with only 2 camo's and still kickin powerslaves butt outa Ariadna now and then.
>>
File: yuriko oda isobel mcgregor.jpg (117 KB, 877x620) Image search: [Google]
yuriko oda isobel mcgregor.jpg
117 KB, 877x620
>>46299799
>>46300078
>Nomads seem to play like garbage anyway
Nomads have the best medium infantry in the game, incredible hacking coverage, and very balanced and strong units like Hellcats, Intruders, Wildcats, Zeros, Jaguars, and a good selection of remotes.

>First time I could see the guy was when he popped out and killed the Intruder in cover.
Then this is a deployment issue. Presumably you took a MSR Intruder? That guy should be sitting as far back as possible, preferably prone on top of a building. He should have someone babysitting him (probably cheap aguaciles or moderators). You should know that the Intruder is a very powerful unit and that your opponent will place it's death as one of his priorities.
>>
So apparently this is the way to go if I want to win games. Yay

William Wallace
Highlander w/ Rifle x5
Highlander w/ Chain Rifle x35

Can't wait to get started

This game is terrible, isn't it?
>>
>>46300657
Or you could play want you want to play and git gud.
>>
>>46300613

I suppose an Intruder's presence on the board is enough to merit going after it.

Could it be a feasibly DISTRACTION unit, though that's still a hefty investment and your opponent would have to shift more points than it's worth into intercepting it than you paid to get use out of that.

And Haqqislam is the faction of asymmetrical trades, not Nomads, so it's probably better that you holds off on that for everything save your disposable glass cannons like Zeroes.

Zeroes might have helped that situation, though. Infiltrating Minelayers to put some protective mines in the way of the Intruder.
>>
>>46300078
A well positioned Intruder can take down a 115 point Cutter (in a few orders) that is otherwise near unstoppable to line troops that can't deal with a BS15 Multi-HMG TAG with TO. It depends on how you play. If someone got that close to your intruder with a chain rifle, you messed up big time.

>>46300657
Nope, you need specialists to push buttons in order to win objectives. Highlander rifles are terrible units. Also, that list is annoying, but totally managable. Bring a link team with 2+ ML's, plenty of direct and circular templates, and lots of MSV + MSR, and you're fine.
>>
>>46300657

You can't win a game if nobody plays with you, anon.
>>
>>46300613
This was exactly what I did, it didn't help. I had the HMG on in my list.

My opponent brought three jaguars and three Intruders of his own. I couldn't move much without getting install gibbed by snipers. Not much I could do and he was able to move his guys up onto a building behind cover and blast my Intruder
>>
>>46300657
Don't worry, polish play is almost entirely memes. Really severe unit spamming needs to be countered in specific ways, but it's rare in most metas anyway and can be knocked down with relative ease by a dedicated list.
>>
>>46300657
HAH

2 blast templates, 2 shotgun backdroppers and TR and HMG HI should do the trick.

Eat your own claymore, filthy poorland
>>
>>46300699
>Intruder as distraction
I wouldn't use it as that; even with mimetism it's too squishy with only 3 armor and PH 12. What it *is*, however, is something that can't be ignored if it's in a strong ARO position. Forcing enemy movement can sometimes be just as good as killing an enemy.

>>46300746
Ah, Nomad vs. Nomad (no Corregidor sectorial?). Jaguars are quite good and they did their job. You need to be able to deal with them (as well as other similar units like Kuang Shi and Highlander Rifles).

Spektrs are good, if expensive, as are Zeros. Take a Moran; Crazy Koalas are scary to deal with. Reaktion Zonds are strong and you might do well to have a strong firebase in Wildcats.

It really depends on the synergies of a list and how you play.
>>
>>46300699
Hell no. Distraction Intruder is a terrible idea. They're great at killing things, but they go down like a sack of shit if you don't take care of them.
I've used a list with a distraction Gecko once, though. It worked out pretty well, but the thing ended up getting 7 kills so I'm not sure it was really just being a distraction at that point.
>>
>>46300750

I've seen polish played once. Due to some terrible luck it ended up with one Marut killing 15 of the enemy purely on reaction shots with it's Heavy Flamethrower.
>>
>>46300914

A heavy-handed distraction, then.
>>
>>46300657

A single sniper and Wallace is gone and suddenly you have an uncontrolled mob.
>>
>>46300746
Why is your intruder out of camo on your reactive turn? Intruders are best used offensively. I think it's best to not to take aros with them unless absolutely needed or if the opponent were down to their last few orders. On your turn save an order to recamo after you're done capin fools.
>>
>>46300657
>no specialists
:^]
>>
>>46300982

If you can get that Sniper to draw LoS on Wallace.

Though he is 1W NWI, so you'd need two wounds to remove him from play.

Maybe if you hit him with an template EXP, preferably fired from a Link Team for +1B so you can pancake two templates over him and anyone close by him. You also have that EXP template for mopping up handfulls of Irregular dudes at a time when they start charging.
>>
>>46301105
>Though he is 1W NWI, so you'd need two wounds to remove him from play.

All snipers are Shock. They don't care about 1W NWI.
>>
>>46301136

Forgot about that. Man it's been awhile since I've been in the Infinity loop.
>>
>>46301155
But you still feel qualified to comment on strategies, and problems you have with the game. This is the problem with most nerd hobbies I think, people who just want to be heard, irregardless of how unqualified their opinion is.
>>
>>46301155
then quit kurwaposting ya doof
>>
>>46301155

Yeah, the Shock is likely from 'Turns out that even redundant organs don't let you keep going if the head pops off'

But yeah, Indirect Fire or a good sniper can really ruin Poland's day.

Get a C+ guy up on a building and all that melee goes to waste and they are not exactly good shots.
>>
>>46301231

In it being pointed out that I am wrong, I have become less wrong, something that would not have happened had I not posted, keeping me dumb and oblivious.

>>46301317

I ain't kurwa-postin'.
>>
>>46301345
Ok, I think that's fair. If infinity general were super busy, i think people would have a right to complain about uneducated posters, but really in being wrong you've bumped the thread which is pretty handy
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-27-23-26-16-1.png (530 KB, 1440x2284) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-27-23-26-16-1.png
530 KB, 1440x2284
All this talk of order spam lists makes me really want to try it. I usually field 12-14 in SP and avout 14 in QK/NCA.

Well, I went into USARF with the intent on playing Minutemen fireteam or going Maverick heavy. But never have the chance because CB thinks shit like the Navajo Terrain Pack and "new" DD is higher priority than Marauders, Minutemen, Mavericks, and Foxtrots. I also intended on finally fielding my USARF this year, but I joined Flamestrike with SP, so I havent had the opportunity to play my Muricans
>>
>>46301036

>plays a killing ITS Mission like Decap.
>>
>>46301030
>Why is your intruder out of camo on your reactive turn?
Because I had tried to take out his Intruder sniper and didn't have any orders left since he had taken away two of mine already. The enemy sniper made his armor save of course and that was that.

My guy never even left the deployment zone but chain rifles are stupid and ignore cover and everything else.
>>
>>46301231
>irregardless
That isn't a word. Stop trying to sound smart
>>
>>46301410
>or quadrant control or annihilation
>>
>>46301136
Including MULTI and AP ones? If that's the case, they should probably explicitly state that in the rulebook and wiki somewhere.
>>
>>46301441
>That isn't a word. Stop trying to sound smart
irregardless you determined the argument i was positing
>>
>>46301461
No, only regular snipers are shock
>>
>>46301461
somewhere like this?
>>
>>46301036
Who needs specialists when the entire opposing team is dead?
>>
>>46301484
No I didn't, that was another anon. I'm just here to tell you that you're an idiot. Now go learn how to use words properly
>>
>>46299799
sure the 10 point scrub can kill your intruder, the idea is that he has to get into range first, giving you plenty of time to leverage your intruders superior firepower and shooting skills to wreck the fool before he gets there. Infinity is in general a very lethal game, it's one of the reasons why unsupported tags are junk. you can potentially kill all but the heaviest with a standard mook, however that's usually less successful in practice against a decently supported TAG
>>
>>46301543
That sure looks like AP and not AP+Shock to me. It could easily be argued either way, the fact that the default sniper has shock might mean that it applies to all snipers or it might mean shitall. Does the AP heavy pistol get shock as well since the normal heavy pistol has it? I assume not, but I've never seen it be explicitly stated so I don't know for certain.
>>
>>46301661
The AP sniper rifle does not get shock. Only the regular sniper rifle. I dunno what the other guy is going on about.
>>
>>46301661

They're mutually exclusive weapons, otherwise the regular Sniper Rifle is just a longer-ranged Combi.
>>
>>46301563
Youre still lose since not taking any objective anon
>>
>>46301589
So now you're gramar nazi?

Are you this desperate?
>>
>>46301661
How can you not know for sure, it says right on the chart that AP sniper rifles are AP only, and K1 are K1 only. Are you retarded?
>>
File: Helghast.jpg (442 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Helghast.jpg
442 KB, 1920x1080
>>46299816
Not really a fan of sectorials oddly enough.

I really should just get some Haqq stuff, love how they look and their fluff. Plus, the TAG is amazing looking.

Start box, a support box, a Laqis w/ Viral Sniper, Sekban w/ Missile Launcher, and Shaytaniyah / Shihab remotes.

Anything else I would need for a jump into the deep end of Haqqislam?

>pic related
Color scheme I'm thinking.
>>
>>46301651
OK, that's cool, but I was never able to leverage his fire power. This happened bottom of one, I never had a chance. Terrain and his snipers meant I wasn't able to get LOS on the back of the building where he was able to climb up, maintain cover, and then poke his head out and shoot my Intruder.

Sure, I had aros at that point and killed him but my Intruder was still dead.
>>
>>46301651
>unsupported tags are junk
What does supporting a TAG mean? Bring an engineer sure, but what else?
>>
>>46301975
Cover fire from other friendlies to cut down possible ML/ADHL threat.
Hacker support also count for active or counteractive.
>>
>>46301975

Engineer, a Hacker is a good idea as well, Lots of covering fire and dudes to watch its ass and check its corners, and maybe smoke for cover.
>>
>>46301975
bringing engineering support, making sure you don't push it too far up so they get easy lines of fire with their big TAG killing stuff (or get hackers/repeaters up on it) and at best keeping some hacking support for it as well so you can deal with enemy hacking.

Basically don't go full rambo, make sure you support the tag with the other units in your army and make it the tip of the spear rather than the lone warrior.

This won't make your tag invincible mind, but it'll give it a much longer life expectancy and reduce the chances of someone overlording you and shooting you in the face with your own stuff.
>>
>>46301793
Mostly because that other dastardly anon was instilling doubts in me, but partially because all snipers having shock would explain why the MULTI sniper has no shock mode.

I still don't know why the MULTI sniper is the one MULTI weapon with no shock mode. Wouldn't that be one of the things you'd really want out of a fancy sniper rifle?

>>46301975
Engi and hacker, as well as whatever ARO dudes you need to ensure it doesn't get taken from behind on the reactive turn.
>>
>>46268587
So, if an Infinity anime were ever made, what would you fa/tg/uys want in it?
>>
>>46302193

Fan-service
>>
>>46302193
What is Ghost in the Shell?
>>
>>46302271
Ghost in the Shell doesn't have interstellar travel, aliens or delicious Chimeras.
>>
>>46302183

Sorry, 'All Sniper Rifles' was a bit deceptive in retrospect. I meant Sniper Rifles (Even if the owner lacks Marksmanship for it)
>>
>>46302193
Well-choreographed and highly lethal action scenes, some insight into what life is like in Infinity's societies, waifus.
>>
>>46302193

Just flat give us Myrmidon Wars, the in-universe series.
>>
>>46302271
Basically.

Put it in space, have the team be O-12 problem solvers. Get some political disagreements between the various people.

>>46302347 too
>>
>>46302326

With regards to Marksmanship, each successive higher level grants the benefits of the lower ones, right?

This would mean running the Assisted Fire Supportware program from a Hacker on your TR HMG REM gets you an HMG with 360° Vision and 4 B ARO with Shock Ammo that ignores Partial Cover until the end of your next turn.
>>
>>46302456
>each successive higher level grants the benefits of the lower ones, right?
Yes, except for Level X. Level X explicitly does not grant the lower levels.
>>
>>46302318
No but it has a shit one of other themes very much prevalent in the game also the creators have flat out stated the game is influence by scifi anime like GITS and AppleSeed.
>>
>>46302456
Damn right it fucking does. Assfire can take even the humble sensorbot and turn it into a murder machine.
>>
>>46301878
>>46301420
Why are you bringing 3 Intruders? That is beyond daft. Why are you revealing camo to fire a HMG in reactive fire against a MSR when it's only the 1st turn? He can't fire on you if you're in camo without discovering you first. These are all bad decisions.
>>
>>46302362
This.

This is a very good way to get a disparate group of people from many different backgrounds (Ideally one from each faction) together even people who would never agree to work together otherwise.
>>
>>46302193
Story about Duenan and Briareos wrecking thugs, terorist, and politician ass

But in space
>>
>>46302558
>He's a down on his luck Dogface looking for work after being refused entry into acting school.
>She's a former Pheasant agent discharged for kicking Kuang Shi out of her dropship onto enemy positions.
>Together, they fight crime!
I can dig it.
>>
>>46302836
No Tohaa for diversity?

It also needs Achilles
>>
>>46302836

It's basically Dire Foes but the RPG instead of the mini pack, and they work together instead of against each other.

Still, wouldn't mind getting a Dire Foes II. We can have new special characters for all those other cheap mooks, and introduce some new toys to the table to make Linking to characters an attractive option.
>>
>>46302836
>She's a former Pheasant agent
Does she get nagged on by her former command for being too expensive to employ?
>>
>>46302876
Achilles can go fuck himself and the ALEPH womb he slithered out of.
>>
>>46302929
Problem Nomad?
>>
>>46302908
An IS spec ops character wouldn't be a bad idea, actually. YJ seriously needs some more Chinese characters anyway, since there's only 1 now that Ko Dali is the EI's fucktoy.
>>
>>46299186
This is why no one at my FLGS plays Polan style. We've all agreed to not play anyone with retarded lists like that because usually in tournaments, the player going second doesn't get all of their turns.
>>
>>46302966

That's what I mean, spread some love to the sectorials passed over last Dire Foes with a cheap hero model that brings something the base model cheerleader doesn't, and urge people to Link that character with those cheerleaders to maximize their effectiveness.
>>
>>46302966
>>46302997

Aleph also needs someone Hindu.
>>
>>46302555
I didn't bring three Intruders, I brought one with an HMG who died right away. My opponent brought three Intruders for some reason. I went after his sniper because he came out of camo.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.