[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General - /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: nax26lMOqh1rnjvda.png (213 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
nax26lMOqh1rnjvda.png
213 KB, 500x478
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

"Why respect metamorphs, when my extracts can do ANYTHING that you can" edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/XehJXVjp
Current UI class leaks (missing: 20-25, 28-31, 40-53, 66, 68-69, and 71+): http://imgur.com/a/t3zlP

Old Thread: >>46255330
>>
>>46264485

Chad Thundercock is a dank meme from robots and foreveralones on 4chan to reference the clean-cut football stars who fucked a dozen girls in High School and never knew what it's like to even be remotely lonely. The female equivalent is Stacey.

Thundercock is a reference to his mighty hammer-like penis, which slays many maidenhoods throughout his life.
>>
What are some good fighter archetypes?
>>
>>46264500

>Be 20th level Alchemist
>3rd level Cavalier comes into your shop, dirtying the pristine floors with his muddied boots
>he arrogantly boasts he is to enter battle, and demands your strongest potions

How do you respond?
>>
>>46264541
Oh, different Chad Thundercock then. Carry on.
>>
>>46264549
Lore warden
>>
>>46264299
Fred Dom. Teap Arty. Capi Talism. Freem Arket. Colt Garand.
>>
What is the ideal class for a stereotypical Andoran hero? 1pp and 3pp.
>>
>>46264549
Eldritch Guardian, Mutagenic Warrior.
>>
File: image.jpg (274 KB, 596x734) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
274 KB, 596x734
>>46264574
We make alchemist bombs just for this reason.
>>
Does the paste bin include link to download core rulebook?
>>
>>46264574
Throw a greater plague bomb in his general direction. Won't kill him quickly, but will teach him for his insolence.
>>
>>46264637
Gunslinger because best amendment.
>>
>>46264822
There's a link to the Trove, which has pretty much everything.
>>
>>46264850
I found it, thanks a lot! Starting my first pathfinder campaign today. Played one with a friend that had elementsome of pathfinder and dnd 3.5 mixed. I'm super excited
>>
>>46264574
Hook him up with a day's worth of extracts, well-labelled and seated in the custom harness that every 20th-level alchemist has designed for their extracts. Have him pay for it all later, since he's sure to win. If not, well, it's just extracts.
>>
Would you allow a werebatkin or kitsune vigilante to use their bat/fox shape as their social identity?

I want to be a bat that is so cute that it becomes famous across entire cities whenever it shows up. And with Celebrity Perks, I can even get people to pamper the bat and shower it with gifts.
>>
>>46264903

>custom harness that every 20th level alchemist has

What's your design? I prefer lacquered cases over the mahogany some people use.
>>
>>46264903
B-but extracts don't work for anyone other than the alchemist.
Or is that your plan in the first place?
>>
>>46265035
>infusion
>>
>>46264637
Gunslinger, why is this even a fucking question?
>>
>>46265050
Infusions that aren't used still occupy your extract slots. So if the cavalier doesn't drink them all, you'll have to hunt him down and kill him to have all the slots available again.
>>
>>46264500
POTION SELLER!

I NEED YOUR STRONGEST POTION!
>>
>>46265070
>Gives a bottle of contagion
>>
>>46264925

As cute as that might be, I'm not sure how that would work. Is the animal the favored pet of some famous noble or something?
>>
Sup /pfg/

Going to start playing in a week or two with some friends, there will be 5 of us + the DM. I really want to roll a witch and pretend to be good, helpful and friendly, while secretly plotting to kill the entire group in their sleep on something.

Being new to this, I'm wondering what's a good way to start? My DM already said that he wouldn't mind if I pulled it off so no problem there.

Any tips in general or specific tips about how to murder my friends would be great, thanks guys. Many loves!
>>
>>46264574
Show him the standard-market-cost price list.
You were hoping for delicious despair, anyways.

At worst you taste delicious despair *and* get paid twice what you created the things for.
>>
>>46265125
don't be /that/ guy
>>
>>46265062

That sounds like a hilarious character: a pharmacist who hunts down customers to ensure they use the whole prescription.
>>
When a mutagen fighter loses armor training do they lose the ability to move normally in each armor?
>>
>>46265168
that part comes from armor training therefore yes.
>>
>>46265125
Don't be the dick-ass rogue. Just don't.
(Coup de grace and the ability to cast Silence)
>>
>>46265070
Hook the man up with a bottle of elvish absinthe and go about my life.
>>
>>46265158
Oh, this is the first time I've played, is it BM to do such a thing? Feels like a stupid question, but I've known these guys forever, I'm pretty sure they'll laugh with me after being mad for a moment.

Part of the story the DM is making is that the races are at war, yet we somehow have come together, I was going to put that in my RP as well, while sparing or killing people of my own race in the party based on their actions throughout the story.
>>
>>46265213
No I want to be a witch brother.
>>
>>46265216
PvP is something that has to be openly discussed at the start. If even a single person in the group isn't okay with PvP, PvP is not okay as it will ruin their fun and in many cases cause the campaign to just fall apart when it finally boils into actual actions.

It's a trust thing. Don't be That Guy.
>>
>>46265216
killing the entire group in their sleep is extremely poor form.
>>
>>46265216
Always be ready for inevitable betrayals (and by ready I mean you're completely fucked if you're incapable of taking down the entire party in a single action when they invariably ALL turn on you all at once: Riven Hourglass' level 9 final counter maneuver is a real treat there) with the nuclear option.

But NEVER be the one who starts the war. Be the one who ends it.
>>
>>46265125
>first time player
>hurr I'm gonna kill the party

You ARE "that guy"

Don't be that guy.
>>
>>46264549
Unbreakable is great for a bit of multiclassing
>>
>>46265125
I hope the other players are part of a close group of friends who would take no issue with that kind of behavior, otherwise it'd be pretty dick-ish and /that guy/ territory.

The best way to murder people without them knowing you did it is not to do it, i.e. lead them into traps, lie about the severity of threats - even better if you secretly enhanced them.
You'll want to be very friendly and useful, maybe make up a backstory of being hunted by some vengeful spirit to explain the fact that guy 1 had his throat slit when you were on guard duty.
>>
>>46265216
1) It's a cooperative game (usually). If you go into a game where PC murder is on the table then sure, fine, that's expected because everyone else agreed to it and you're not safe yourself, but if the rest of the players are expecting a fun time and get killed by one of their friends they're going to be (justifiably) upset.

2) If you get into the game you generally spend a lot of time and effort building a character up and you get attached to it, and when that thing dies in what's basically a bullshit way you're not going to be happy about it. Let's say you're playing an MMO and you have your character. You've spent months raiding, getting cool equipment, leveling up, etc. Then one morning you wake up, log in, and he's completely gone because someone hacked your account while you were asleep. You're basically doing that.
>>
>>46265125
>Being new to this, I'm wondering what's a good way to start?

Throw away the character concept and come up with one that doesn't include you being a dick.
>>
>>46265231
>>46265233
>>46265240
>>46265241
>>46265249
>>46265291
>>46265305

Sorry :( I won't do it, but I do think I want to lead people into traps and what not, I think that could be funny. Is this less dickish and more acceptable? Hopefully while not getting them killed and just annoying them or whatever.

As for the close knit group of friends, yeah, we basically play everything together and have done so for the last 5 years. A bit of douchebaggery is not going to tear us apart.

Point taken though!
>>
>>46265318
Talk to them about it, not us. If you want it to be funny, then they need to be in on the joke.
>>
So I had a (probably stupid) idea to build a Harbinger as a sort of witch type character, taking Black Seraph and combining that with Veiled Moon to only have "spell" style maneuvers... all the touch attacks and bursts and whatnot in those two disciplines (I thought about dabbling in Elemental Flux as well, but that turned out to be too costly in terms of getting discipline access).

I've decided to go with Crimson Countess because of the cool Claim and Vitae options that back up the spellcaster-light type feel... but I was wondering about the blood pool option under the modified Grim News.

I keep my normal speed, right? What if I can fly, am I just this thin pool of blood floating through the air? Circle of Razor Feathers is a burst attack, and the blood pool ability only bars me from making melee and ranged attacks... can I still use CoRF? If so, I'm guessing I don't get to enlarge the burst to match my blood pool radius, so where should I center the burst? I know I can seep through small openings and whatnot, does that mean my form is amorphous overall? What exactly happens when my 50 foot radius blood pool tries to go through a 10 foot wide hallway? Can I climb inside a barrel and have an ally cart me around?

I'm really starting to like the character idea, but the game I'm building for (as a backup character) is 10th level, so if there's anybody that could clear this up for me, that'd be great.

(I want to point out that I only have the playtest version of the Harbinger and archetype for the moment.)
>>
File: YClJYpa.gif (930 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
YClJYpa.gif
930 KB, 480x360
>>46265122
My plan is to have a Figment/Sage familiar with Skilled (Disguise), which will impersonate my bat social form whenever my humanoid vigilante form is at work.

When I need to change identities, I'll become the Cute Bat, and my familiar will stop disguising itself and simply be another bat in the crowd.
>>
I want to bully a bull.
>>
>>46265318
See here's the thing; from a character point of view, if you keep leading them into traps and generally being a dick, their characters have no reason to continue adventuring with you. Being an unhelpful ass because you think it's funny isn't any better than trying to murder your party members. You're still initiating PvP, but in this case it's just going to turn into your party justifiably killing you because you are an active danger to the party's survival.
>>
>>46265367

So you want to prep the bull? Sounds like the job of an Ulfen fighter introducing his wife to a Mwangi wizard.
>>
>>46265396
Actually wouldn't mind so much, would laugh if they did turn around and kill me. Though this comes from an inexperienced player, so maybe I won't feel the same way after playing for 10 hours.
>>
>>46265318
Just killing people when you can because you can isn't really fun for any one. I've seen some interesting "I killed the party stories", but those have usually been long-running things with the motivation built up throughout the campaign and with a lot of preparation required. Killing a new party while they are sleeping is easy, over in a short time, has no build-up and all it has accomplished is wasting an evening for your entire group of friends.

If you're going to do something like it, and that is a big if, at least make it something long running. Spy for the BBEG, do nefarious things in secret, lure the others to do your bidding, etc.

Only, and I mean only, try and achieve a TPK if you have no qualms about leaving the game entirely and risk being on bad foot with the rest of the players in the future.
>>
Playing PFS tonight with my semi-Optimized Rogue. Still down to 51 damage (on average) per attack. Its funny how at level 9, with my 2nd level in brawler, I go from 1 attack per round to 4 attacks per full round, plus 7 attacks of opportunity per round with a free AoO every time someone misses me (with Offensive Defense). Not entirely bad, even if I only have +17 to hit.
>>
File: fairy-liquid.jpg (16 KB, 359x252) Image search: [Google]
fairy-liquid.jpg
16 KB, 359x252
>>46265070
>>46264574

"There you go. Now, some warnings: it only works to its full effect if you drink it in one go, and be sure not to be seen by the fae with it, for they consider its secret powers to belong to them and many regret making a dread enemy of the fae king."
>>
>>46264925
>>46265338
I'm going batty over the possibilibats of my bat-build.
>take the Beastkin trait
>I was raised by bats, and can speak with bats at will
>take the Loyal Aid social talent
>my loyal allies who gather information and perform minor tasks for me ARE ALSO BATS
>whole colony of bats travels with me from town to town, living off the free food I get from Celebrity Perks
>Mockingbird talent gives me (Ex) ventriloquism and vocal alteration
>I can stalk targets in bat form with my bat posse, then have the voice of my vigilante emanate from nowhere to scare them off their crimes, making it seem as if all the bats serve as my eyes and ears

You think bats are your ally, Batman? But you merely adopted the bats; I was born with them, molded by them. I didn't see the humans until I was already a woman, by then they were nothing to me but BATSHIT! The bats betray you, because they belong to me!
>>
I'm making a series of sporting contests for my city-state's Hero's Fair (including a melee, dueling, maybe a joust, archery, magic contest) followed by an invite-only dance hosted by the royalty and nobility to which winners are also invited.

Obviously we need a Super Smug Noble House to be here with some arrogant duelist son and arrogant mage daughter, but what other types of groups are needed for a tournament-type story?
>>
>>46265706

Perhaps, but Batman can't be rendered helpless with a little brushie brushie.
>>
>>46264574
inform him of his inability to handle my strongest potions
>>
>>46262359
Sorry, can't hear over the sound of giving my allies permanent Greater Metamorphosis for no gp cost
>Egoist 5/Metamorph10
>Student's robe for shared effect
>Might or might not be the character I have who goes around giving people shapeshifting powers because why not
>Is actually the Thrall of the Shaper 5/Thrallherd 10/ Shaper +1
>>
>>46265668
post build?
>>
>>46265751

You need the respectable noble family, the New Rich family, the Token Peasant family, and the Sheltered and Naive family.
>>
>>46265751
Rich Merchant Group enters its totally legit competitors, Hired Mercenary Not Even From Here and the lovely Literally A Planar Binding Succubus.
>>
Is there any way for a non-caster to get Wizard Arcane Discoveries?
Specifically Knowledge is Power.
>>
>>46265878
>>46265880

Don't forget the big bara Kurgessan!
>>
>>46265367
One of the new druid archetypes from UI can bluff animals, so we're probably not too far from an archetype that can intimidate animals.
>>
>>46264574
Is the town/city under attack? Is there an emergency going on?

If not, show him what I got and name the price. If he gets belligerent, defend myself and my place of business.

If yes, hook him up with some buffs and get my shit ready - there'll be fire and boom tonight.
>>
>>46265751
Also the masked mystery entrants, King I Miss Battling So Much, and Princess Fuck You Mom I'll Duel If I Want.
>>
>>46265751
Smug Nobles, an NPC or two (preferably from wildly different social classes) developing crushes on a PC or two, Political Asshat with reasons to be snide and unhelpful to the PCs, slightly unhinged mage or alchemist that causes some sort of non-threatening but annoying or embarrassing accident, pickpockets, maybe a rival of the PCs showing up.
>>
File: 3f4.jpg (49 KB, 460x619) Image search: [Google]
3f4.jpg
49 KB, 460x619
>>46265762
Don't be silly anon, no one is immune to that.
>>
>>46265939

>Large-chested tomboy noblewoman develops crush on swordsman PC
>she demands a duel, and then private dueling lessons, cue ceaseless "sword" jokes
>>
>>46264574
Throw Bottled Ally at him. Perfect crime with no evidence.
>>
>>46265926
>entire royal family is missing for the event because all of them decided independently to be secret tourney competitors
>>
>>46265751
Obligatory "yes i am totally an eligible contender" guy who no one knows and doesn't even live there and the family he notes doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>46265989
That's the PCs most likely.
>>
>>46265751
A potential romance. Perhaps a daughter (or son, depending on player preference) of a duke/baron/viscount/marquis/earl, drawn to the PC. Does she like them because of their ability? Does she just want to annoy daddy? Does she like slumming it? Does she want to escape her lifestyle?
>>
>>46265973

Make her a brown-girl and it's perfect.
>>
>>46265751
The not!Party with genders, classes and races shuffled around and names eerily close to theirs.
>>
>>46265751
Two goblins, one of which is standing on the other's shoulders, wearing a cloak, posing as a singular combatant. They pretend to be an alchemist, but really they just have a bunch of alchemist's fire they stole from a caravan.
>>
File: wewillrockyou.jpg (200 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
wewillrockyou.jpg
200 KB, 800x1200
>>46266007
>>46265989
This movie suddenly makes so much more sense to me.
>>
>>46265751
Three orc barbarians who have all consumed potions of invisibility and charge the most martially-capable PC in the middle of his duel with whoever.
>>
>>46265751
Kitsune non-magically disguised as a tengu competing in the archery competition.
>>
>>46265973
>>46266017
Could be a less chaste Joan of Arc, notes from her trial indicate she was tan, buff and busty. May have started as a farmgirl but was pretty iconic by the end. Noble girl could just be tan because tomboy activities or foreign dignitary's daughter.
>>
>>46265751
Have a rich family put in their level 1 wizard son for the magic contest. He's an arrogant asshole, and they won't shut up about how good he is at magic.
There's a high-level counterspell mage hidden nearby that constantly dispels/counters everyone else's magic so he wins
>>
>>46266064

I see what you did there.
>>
>>46265751
Iron Tortoise Warder with a tower shield, full plate, and no weapon for the dueling match.
He literally doesn't attack, he just counters constantly and makes taunting remarks.
He's renowned for his strategy of simply outlasting opponents and pushing them over when they get too tired to fight.
Everyone hates him because his matches last 30 minutes and nothing happens.
>>
>>46266065

>large-chested tomboy brown-girl noblewoman reveals herself to be a polymorphed Silver Dragon.
>>
File: maid of orleans.jpg (464 KB, 1065x1408) Image search: [Google]
maid of orleans.jpg
464 KB, 1065x1408
>>46266065
Given that Jeanne spent her time running around, fighting or at least exercising a shitload, and would have spent a lot of time in the sun, tan and fairly buff should be expected. Busty just happens sometimes, so coincidence.

Alternately, go for pic related.
>>
>>46266121
Naofumi, please.
>>
>>46266145

Exercise strengthens the pectorals and makes a good bust even more perky. Joan might have had good genetics but her lifestyle made it even better.
>>
>>46265751
A sprite enters the joust, riding a dragonfly. She has a toothpick instead of a lance and is not actually trained in combat. They let her enter because she's an official emissary of some forest fey and she REALLY wanted to compete.
>>
>>46266128

Ooh, this has potential - not being the brown-girl, but a silver dragon or maybe even a gold hanging around the fair to enjoy the revelries.
>>
File: PZO1129-Brawler.jpg (116 KB, 448x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO1129-Brawler.jpg
116 KB, 448x1000
>>46265973
So a chestier version of Kess the Iconic Brawler?
>>
>>46266128
Sounds cute

>>46266145
No idea who that is, but yes, the explanation for Joan's fitness is why the farmgirl was fit enough to fight. Also helps support breasts and keep big ones perky, like >>46266174
said.
>>
What are some feats that would likely fit with a Cleric of Asmodeus? Not so much just standard things, but things to up the whole "evil" ante.
>>
>>46266222

Yeah, either specializing in hand-to-hand or being a proper one-handed swordswoman.
>>
File: Tama Daimyoujin and Tama Ni.jpg (1 MB, 3612x2764) Image search: [Google]
Tama Daimyoujin and Tama Ni.jpg
1 MB, 3612x2764
>>46264925
So you're going to be Tama, but a bat or fox? I can dig it.
>>
How does Words of Power compare balance-wise with Spheres of Power? 3pp like Book of Magic, WoP Unleashed and Deep Magic may be referenced.
>>
pfg how do i make the game fun for my gm again

i feel like he's not getting much enjoyment from it anymore.
>>
>>46266418
Honestly? Probably more balanced than SoP.
>>
>>46266427
If he's overworked get him to run a module (or run it yourself and let him play). If that's not it we need more information. What do you think he enjoys about the game and what times does he look bored?

Maybe make get-togethers more like a party, with pizza and cake?
>>
>>46266418
Isn't WoP terribly limited? SoP limits casters pretty well, gotta have a theme if you want to be good at something. But iirc, Words lacks a lot of effects and slows down play, doesn't it?
>>
>>46266534
Yeah, it's only really a boost for spontaneous casters. Even the three 3pp books for it are written to address the inherent limitations.
>>
>>46266534
yes and no... it also suffers from massive internal imbalance. Some casters find themselves struggling to have worth equal to a kineticist, while others are only conjuration short of true arcane ability.
>>
Do the DSP archetypes make the kineticist playable?
>>
>>46266065

Wouldn't she just have a farmer's tan, not be uniformly brown?

Uniformly brown suggests she's running around naked, which reminds me of a tomboy I knew who used to hang out with me topless.
>>
Overall, would you say Pathfinder changing staves to be 10 charges but you can recharge at a rate of 1/day an improvement over 3.5's 50-charge disposables?
>>
>>46266801
Any good stories? Sounds like tadpole fishing to me.
>>
>>46266531

A d20 cake?
>>
>>46266851
Yes if only for creating uniqueness. Too much of PF has been about homogenizing everything to work the same way.
>>
>>46266898

None, sadly, and I can't say I ever got with her beyond some heavy groping considering we were both 14 at the time.

Makes me appreciate the tomboy duelist idea though, if you've known a tomboy you'll know it makes for a very fun character.
>>
>>46266771
Barely, but you can say yes.
HOWEVER they also offer bigger better alternatives to the kineticist that kineticist better than it can kineticist itself.

so, kinda zero-sum there too
>>
>>46266801
People at the trial could only comment on what they saw, so face and hands pretty much. Was probably just a farmer's tan though.
>>
Looking for some RP advice.

My character is currently a cleric of Asmodeus, however I get the feeling we may be going up against some devils or the church of Asmodeus soon.

How should I be able to mentally reconcile this matter? A deal with Hell has no bearing on me, the only ones bound by the deal are those the deal was made with, so if my Church superiors made a deal, or others did, it does not inherently mean I have to go along with it either, right?

That said, the nature of lawful does seem to push me into conforming with Church hierarchy?
>>
>you get to play tonight

thank you jesus
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current position on PoW stuff multiplying damage on a crit is that bonus damage from maneuvers never multiplies, regardless of if it's flat or dice, but bonus damage from stances is multiplied if it's a flat bonus?
>>
>>46267130
Bonus dice never multiply, flat modifiers do.
>>
>>46267255
I thought some DSP guy said that bonus maneuver damage doesn't multiply either way.
>>
>>46267130
This is currently correct. It's under review for PoW's errata.
>>
>>46267255
This is incorrect. Stuff like the Momentum Crash line from PF doesn't multiply at all. What you see is what you get with maneuvers.
>>
>>46267313
Thanks. Trying to figure out how to get the best damage out of Cascade of Elemental Wrath; it seems like with Elemental Nimbus active, flipping back and forth between elements to get the bonus from Elemental Flux Explosion feat comes out to around the same average damage as sticking with fire thanks to that 2xWis damage with a x3 crit multiplier.
>>
Never played Pathfinder before but I have played 3.5 D&D and 5e. Can someone explain CMD and FCMD?
>>
>>46267541
Momentum Crash? From PF? Did you mean from DSP?
>>
Need your help /pfg/:
How do I make a dervish dancer bard (the archetype) do decent damage at level 7? I'm trying to help a friend with his character build.

Current feats: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance, Arcane Strike, Improved Initiative, ????
>>
>>46267660
I believe he meant Primal Fury. There's unfortunate acronym confusion.
>>
>>46267117
Remember that outside of their pledge to Asmodeus, devils themselves are quite often scheming and planning against each other in a bid to gain more power. It's likely the Church of Asmodeus has similar factionality.
In simpler terms, try diplomacy first, and fight if the attempts break down.
>>
>>46267660
Yes, I meant Primal Fury, as Gareth pointed out.

Any flat damage increase is exactly what the maneuver gives you. Which is still pretty fucking good, especially if you're making multiple attacks (Raging Hunter Pounce + Momentum Crash is 10 damage per hit for every iterative you get, for example).

I can totally see one of they ways they bring PF down in power is to allow those flat damage increases to scale, but lowering/removing the number of attacks or lowering the amounts of damage you can get from different maneuvers. Really, you don't need to tack damage on to every maneuver willy-nilly to make them worth using. They just have to do stuff that is useful IN ADDITION to doing damage.
>>
>>46267063

So we're left with a large-chested athletic tomboyish farm-girl with an uneven tan that sneaks into the faire and holds her own against trained soldiers, powered by her own buff body and strength of will?

Sounds like a keeper to me. And a Chosen One Paladin.
>>
>>46267739
Ah, I see then, thanks. Never got into PoW enough to remember it all. Well, aside from a side mission where I sent the party to a setting based on Soul Caliber.
>>
File: Demiurge_003.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Demiurge_003.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>46267117
As a cleric of Asmodeus, you should by all means be a capable lawyer.

Deals with hell are something you should specialize in, LEGALLY. I don't mean by this that you should make as many as possible, but rather that you should know how to negotiate good ones in favor of those you like and/or yourself (just as any good devil would).

When you don't like something about any sort of deal, you find loopholes and interpretations. Combat should be a very last resort; ideally the rest of the party should end up scared as FUCK of your ability to make legalese your filthy sow.
>>
>>46267867

I agree with this, but I'm unsure how to actually play it out, you know? Unfortunately in terms of skills my cleric is pretty much empty, so I have no diplomacy or anything along those lines.
>>
>>46267117
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo---cleric-archetypes/asmodean-advocate-cleric-archetype
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Conversion%20Channel
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Diabolical%20Negotiator
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Devilish%20Pride
>>
Quick /pfg/, I've been drafted into a friend's campaign in half am hour because I know the system better then the newbies he's trying to teach. Give me a character concept so I can quickly whip up a sheet.
>>
>>46265834
How do I shaper? Is there anything but free workers/meatshields and poisons?
>>
>>46268039
jackass wizard
>>
>>46268039

Admixture Wizard who really loves fire, and gets really sad when he needs to change the element
>>
>>46268039
Master Summoner with no idea what the fuck they're doing
>>
>>46268039
Middle aged Bard seeking a great tale to write before he's too old to travel.
>>
>>46267959

Sadly none of this helps at the present moment, and I'm extremely feat starved.
>>
>>46268086
Oh I like that one. It's been a while since I've played a straight-uo caster and I like the idea of admixture.
>>
>>46268173
Another question. What do you guys use to make your character sheets? Up until now I've been filling them out by hand but I feel as if that method is rendered obselete by the multitude of sheet generators out there.
>>
>>46268350

Myth-Weavers is solid.
>>
>>46268350

I just let YAPCG build my character then transfer all relevant info into a txt doc on my phone.
>>
>>46268350
Libreoffice doc. It also adds up numbers for me.
>>
>>46268350
I use Abellius' character sheets, and then make Google documents based on them. Sometimes I'll download the document as a PDF and store it on my phone so that I have access to it even without internet access.

Myth-weavers has gotten MUCH better compared to how garbage their new format character sheets used to be, but I really don't like relying on a website to store my character sheets.
>>
>>46267657
It's pretty much just a compact form of your bonuses when defending against stuff like trip, grapple, sunder and the like. FCMD, I think, is just the same thing when you're flat footed.
>>
>>46264500
My GM is using Pathfinder rules with his custom setting, and just gave me permission to play around with the magical language that he`s created. It's basically the secret tongue of wizards, and keeping it out of the hands of muggles is one of the few things they'll always work together on, regardless of race or nationality. There is power in the words, which is why they keep it to themselves. He only has some simple rules it so far, listed below without the lexicon, basically a system of 'free casting', so if anyone has any inspiration I'd love to hear it too.

>Not the entire language just ones used mainly in spell creation.
>by adding somatic or material components to the combination of words used, may change spell.
>A DC 10+5 for every word used arcane knowledge test will enable the wizard to guess at best the spells effects
>If a spell turns out to be stronger then the wizard is able to cast at the moment then roll d20. 2-10 the spell fails and consumes d10 spell slots for the day, 11-19 the spell works and consumes d4 spells for the day, 20 the spell works no spells slots lost, 1 all spell slots lost for the day.

What I'm looking to do is create some new Cyper Lore abilities for the Cyphermage prestige class, since it's already focused on writing, runes, etc. and it would be a hell of a lot easier than creating one from whole cloth.

https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/c-d/cyphermage
>>
>>46268350
Excel
>>
>>46264574
>Mix Elixir of Sex Shift and love potion together into one bottle
>Give to schmuck
>???
>Profit!
>>
Random question. So I'm looking at the Small Earth Elemental to recalculate it for potential summoning with augmented summoning, and I'm running into some confusion.

A slam attack is calculated as if it was a 2handed attack if a creature only has one attack. Earth elementals also have power attack. So would their slam attack get the benefit of a 2handed bonus, or the one handed?
>>
>>46265318
And don't sweat it too much, new friend. We were all first time gamers once, and I remember some of my more cringeworthy moments when I was new as well. Though the others are right to warn you that your original plans might be frowned upon, because there's a thousand gaming horror stories about "that guy" ruining a campaign. Though in many cases "that guy" is also not a good friend.

But it is always best practise to approach your fellow gamers and ask them all how they feel about PvP before making any plans for it. And if it's off the table, it doesn't mean there can't be tension among your various characters. There's plenty in my group based on both actions and backgrounds.

I'm really happy that our new player is enjoying herself too. She never played RPG's ever before, and the dice gods have been favoring her well, since her Druid now has two big monsters as permanent pets thanks to good rolls for Charm and skills. And I was able to save her life when my wizard dodged an explosion with a natural 20, and I asked our GM if I could backflip, land next to her, and pour a cure light wounds potion down her throat to save her life. And he was cool with that on several levels, though it wasn't without consequences for the Druid.
>>
So thoughts on Hell's Vengeance 2? It definitely looks more solid than the first book.
>>
/pfg/ how do you guys deal with druid/ranger animal companions in urban environments. To random passersby freak out about the lion walking down the street past them?
>>
>>46267945
You don't need diplomacy, let another party member be your mouthpiece, all you need to be good at is sense motive
>>
So let's say I wanted to play a traveling psychotherapist. Wot're the best classes/builds for this, 1pp or 3pp?
>>
>>46269643
Mesmerist, probably.
>>
>>46269528

This is true, I can use Sense Motive for such purposes, but I still need to RP the situation.

Ultimately I'm just struggling a lot with RPing this character. It sounded like it could be fun but aside from being a bit more bloodthirsty than your average PC, I'm not doing a good job at... well, being a cleric of Asmodeus.
>>
>>46269702
Well, what do your stats look like?

Obviously lots of wisdom, but how's your intelligence? Your charisma? Your physical stats?
>>
>>46269515
Don't these passerbys freak out about wizards walking down the street?
>>
>>46269515
I'd say either have a leash to make the civvies not freak out, grab something to polymorph the companion, use that one cloak that can magically store animal companions, or sneak into the city and keep to the shadows.

>>46269643
1pp: Mesmerist, Psychonaut Alchemist, or Inquisitor with the Conversion Inquisition. Or really, anyone who has pumped a lot in Diplomacy, Sense Motive, and Perception

3pp, nothing especially that comes to mind, though an Eliciter can work
>>
>Grioths wield weapons fashioned from a strange sort of transparent material called voidglass. This material is as hard as steel, but made of crystals that voidglass shapers on unknown worlds grow into the desired shapes. Voidglass resonates with a creature's mind, bolstering thought and mental defenses. ... The creatures (and perhaps other strange beings with similar psychic capabilities) can funnel violent bursts of psychic energy through these weapons on a hit (see page 62). In the hands of any creature, a voidglass piercing or slashing weapon deals 1 additional damage on a hit - bludgeoning weapons gain no benefit.
>Whenever a grioth damages a creature with a voidglass weapon, a surge of violent psychic energy pulses into the victim's body, causing an additional 1d4 points of nonlethal damage. On a confirmed critical hit, this additional nonlethal damage does not increase, but the creature struck must succeed at a DC 13 Will save or become confused for 1d2 rounds. This is a mind-affecting effect. The save DC is Charisma-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.

Would it be fair to allow the grioths' ability to extend to all psychic characters, since 'beings with similar psychic capabilities' is a widespread thing since OA? Is 1000 gp for "+1 lethal, +1d4 nonlethal, shit-DC Confusing Critical" too cheap?
>>
>>46269738

The goal was to do a reach cleric, focusing on summoning devils with sacred summons.

Human Cleric of Asmodeus 7
STR 19 DEX 14 13 CON 12 INT 16 WIS 11 CHA
Fire (Smoke) and Trickery (Deception)

1 Improved Initiative, Combat Reflexes
3 Power Attack
5 Spell Focus Conjuration
7 Augmented Summoning

Sacred Summons would be at 9 and then the campaign will likely end somewhere between 10-12.
>>
>>46268065
Mostly specialized in Astral Constructs. At lvl 10 with Overchannel and a Torc of Power Preservation you can get up to the 13pp for lvl 7 Astral Constructs.
A Shaper gets 3 options, assuming you also take boost constructs, from the Menu. Natural Invisibility is great and you can easily make for some beast for the level summons.
Other option is an amazing Utility construct via Advanced Constructs for 1hour/ml duration. It can do any task that requires skill checks of DC32 or lower. I like to send them out with a Lyre of Building to do public works projects.

Utility constructs used as mounts are great they never tire so you can spend all day with them running. If you have an ally with a level in Empath you can easily build up a group of higher power astral constructs via Obelisk's spirit power. Lots of fun.

And thats before you get Genesis, which you can augment to the Create Greater Demiplane equivalent at lvl13-14 with some optimization and items. A Demiplane with Timeless is great for storing armies of Astral Constructs or just having a cool base.
>>
>>46269798
Oh man, now I HAVE to get my Bushi/Brutal Slayer's Nodachi made out of that shit, and play him as Sabi Hakuhei. I WILL BE THE WEEB-EST.
>>
>>46269849
>STR 19 DEX 14 13 CON 12 INT 16 WIS 11 CHA

STR 19 DEX 14 CON 13 INT 12 WIS 16 CHA 11

Dunno how that got all flipped around.
>>
>>46269876
I forgot the most important part! What class will be the best choice to grab so that I can go into Awakened Blade? If I need to be psionic to make the best use of that voidglass, and I'm Wis-based, then I'm assuming it's something like Wilder or Vitalist?
>>
File: griothB5.png (1 MB, 690x897) Image search: [Google]
griothB5.png
1 MB, 690x897
>>46269798
>>46269876
>>46269925
Sadly, Paizo decided that potentially letting PCs have that stuff was too powerful. Possession of voidglass is - somehow - an Ex ability on the current version of the grioth, as of Bestiary 5. Yes, having a physical substance is somehow an inherent ability of the creature that PCs can't make use of.
>>
>>46267846
By RAW, it'd only apply to the first attack, since the full attack from pounce happens after the charge.
>>
>>46270002
My DM loves stuff that is goofy and will generally handwave stupid bullshit like that, so I'm not terribly worried.

>>46270016
You sure? I'd have to go back and reread to make sure, but I'm pretty confident boosts last through your entire turn unless they specifically say otherwise.
>>
>>46270064
It's a break in Pounce. Go read the ability, and see rules that literally no one uses.
>>
>>46270359
Um, no where in the universal monster rules does it say that all attacks from pounce aren't just considiered part of one attack action. The faq sidebar says
>Any melee attack sequence you can perform as a full attack is allowed as part of the charge-pounce-full attack
>>
>>46269643
1pp: Mesmerist
3pp: Beguiler
>>
Do I need line of sight to keep something in my Collective?
>>
>>46270731
Nope
>>
>>46270731
Only to add.

Otherwise the collective's later ability to have a planar range is the most useless upgrade imaginable.
>>
>>46270731
Nope. You even get the ability to keep folks in your collective even if they get shunted into another fucking plane, eventually.
>>
>>46270757
>>46270761
>>46270764
Do I need to keep them in Medium range to keep them in my Collective too, before I get to high levels?
>>
>>46270783
Yes. That one's the big limitation.
>>
>>46267846
Momentum Crash only works with 1 attack and is specified in target line.
Momentum Crush only works with 1 attack and is specified in text.
Devastating Momentum only specifies a charge attack and doesn't say just 1.
>>
>>46269515
If its a purely urban game they should have something like a dog (or mastiff for 'advanced' versions), though larger cats, or snakes wouldn't be too bad in fantasy settings. Minks / ferrets / badgers are also good options.

Even birds of prey (hawks, falcons, owls) would be just fine too as controlling animal populations is cool and people could get paid stupid amounts of money to hunt pests like rats.
>>
>>46270783
Yes, unless you take the Enlarged Collective feat.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/enlarge-collective
Then its long range so 400+40/level, unlimited at lvl 12, planar at lvl16.
>>
>>46269515
It's simple, you don't bring the fucking lion into town.
>>
>>46270799
Fair enough. I haven't carefully read that maneuver in a while, anyway. Doesn't change the fact that it's free damage on a charge attack.
>>
>>46269515
A lot of people would be somewhat freaked out. A guard or something would probably approach to try and do something about it, and the druid/ranger would have to convince them that they're no danger.
>>
>>46271120
Most places would have kennels / stables for 'unusual' creatures in a fantasy setting.

Hell I'd be surprised if nobles weren't trying to breed specialized mounts. Not to mention the average wizards familiar, or elves deciding to fuck around with animal husbandry because they live for literal millennia and that's like 50+ generations of animals right there.

Depending on the society they may require you to stable/kennel your pet (for things like war lions / griphons), to muzzle it (or whatever the equivalent is, be it hooding your falcon or claw capping your tiger) or they just may not give a shit unless you commit a crime.
>>
How does an Ordained Defender determine his effective Warpriest level when he uses a Blessing dependent on level?
>>
>>46271494

This seems reasonable considering how fucking crazy Golarion is. Level 1 dudes walk around with magically-bonded scorpions and shit perched on their shoulders, and hippogryphs are actual mounts you can just buy. I imagine that most towns big enough to attract the sorts of people with PC levels would not only be familiar with exotic animals but have means to accommodate them during their stay.

You'll probably get looks from the cityfolk, but it'd be more like the "Look at that guy's big mohawk" as opposed to "Holy shit he's got a gun!"
>>
>>46271494
50 generations for 20 year animals (what are you breeding? Turtles?)

250+ generations for 2-4 year animals (horses, cattle, elephants).

For things on a yearly cycle with relatively early maturity like wolves, lions, dogs etc you could easily get into 500+ generations in the life of a single elf.

I imagine that courtly titles involving animals would be extremely prestigious for elves (master of herds, master of the rookery, master of beasts), cause having centuries to guide the bloodlines and not lose any knowledge could lead to some bullshit. Fucking noble elven cavalry mounted on unicorns belonging to the crown or someshit. Trade in beasts with sylvan realms would probably be rare and expensive (Jesus could you imagine how rich the noble who managed to secure that right would be?) but extremely sought after. Wanna ride around on a smooth gaited (magically fast healing) tiger so you don't suffer penalties to attacks with a lance? Buy one from the elves.
>>
File: 1442569197078.jpg (27 KB, 550x281) Image search: [Google]
1442569197078.jpg
27 KB, 550x281
>>46271724
Fucking elves.
>>
>>46271777

That's how half elves are made, paisan.
>>
File: 1455034905961.gif (339 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1455034905961.gif
339 KB, 160x160
When will DSP write the Baneposting discipline that god commissioned?
>>
>>46272136
Hey, you got something against half-elves? It's not their fault their parents were race traitors
>>
File: 1hs.png (402 KB, 449x600) Image search: [Google]
1hs.png
402 KB, 449x600
>>46265070
It's not so bad, but life used to be better.

I used to have a routine, y'know? Dolores would be around. She'd wanna go *out* on a Saturday. She'd wanna take the paper and go read it in the park. And now that Dolores isn't around, I could still do that but it's just... Sometimes it's hard to convince myself to go outside, so I decide to stay in. And it's not *bad*.

I have one of those recorders that records the channels on the t.v. so I can watch all my favorite shows and never have to worry about missing any of them, which is wonderful.

But, I can't lie and say I don't miss Dolores every once in a while. But it's mostly just the little things. Like when you're eating dinner and you look across the table and you expect your wife to be there, but then you remember that she's dead. That stuff. That kind of stuff is tough.

I remember she would always put the mustard on my sandwiches for me. And the other day, I made a sandwich and I forgot to put the mustard on and I took a bite into it and I was like, "Why isn't there any mustard on it?". And then I remembered: Dolores is dead. And I cried for hours, just hours, mourning my wife again. It was like the old wound just opened right up again. And I was crying for hours probably, just hours, y'know? Which was fine. It was fine. That's just part of life, y'know? To just cry for hours because your soulmate is gone and she's never coming back. And y'know, that doesn't depress me. It doesn't depress me at all, y'know?
>>
File: 1ss2.png (626 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
1ss2.png
626 KB, 500x489
>>46272497
And sometimes, the neighbors come knocking on my door and they tell me that I've been screaming in my sleep. I've just been screaming out, "Dolores! Dolores! I wanna kill myself without you!" But, listen, those people used to the loudest parties, y'know? And if I can't make a little noise myself, then that's just fair, y'know? It's just fair that I get to make a little noise myself. And its fine, y'know. I don't know, I don't remember the dreams when I wake up but I'd imagine that it's just me dreaming about my wife and how great life was when we were still both alive, when my life had more of a purpose in those days.

And, y'know, I look at her picture a lot. It's just that I look at her picture a lot. Because its right there, y'know, on the bedside and you wake up and go to bed and you're starting your day and ending your day with Dolores. It's hard not to look at the picture. She looks so beautiful in that picture.

But it's fine. It's fine. It's a part of life, y'know? That's part of how life goes.

I miss you, sweetie. I miss you so much.

I'm gonna do it.

Forgive me.
>>
>BBEG is a powerful diviner, obsessively searching for any clues as to an old enemy of his' whereabouts.
>Forty years ago, said enemy, who had already been imprisoned under maximum security (as in literally guarded by an actual Gold Dragon in a cell with all possible magical protections against escape), somehow vanished. The diviner was a local hero at the time.
>Slowly but surely he fell to more and more depraved methods to try and find out what had happened. The Gold who he had asked to guard the cell tried to stop him, only to get dragged off to the Abyss by a Balor the diviner had contacted, THEN rescued by an Azata raid, THEN get dragged by a bunch of mortal adventurers to the Plane of Fire, and THEN get stuffed in a bottle and locked up in a cave by some jerk who just wanted to keep the humiliation going.
>Said Diviner is inching closer towards an alliance with Geb - a trade of two missing persons cases. He gets help from a tireless undead task force that will leave no stone unturned, and in turn he helps Geb find Nex.
>The only reason the party is involved in this is because one of the guy's old friends died recently and they were at the funeral.

Is this kosher?
>>
>>46272295
>DSP
>delivering
How long did the gofundme emails take, again?
>>
How would one optimize a character for the new evil adventure path that pazio is releasing?
>>
>>46272577
shit on your character sheet, there's no way you can fail.
>>
Man, I'm going through the archetypes in PoW:E because I'm bored, and I just got to the Paladin one.

With innocent thoughts dancing through my skull, I pulled up the Chosen One to realize they both alter/change the same abilities. I just wanted to be a shota initiating Paladin who protects his friends. ;_;
>>
>>46272577
wizard, do not dump Int, done

>>46272657
>I just wanted to be a shota
Kill yourself.
>>
>>46272645
>>46272668
why do you even post?
>>
>>46272668
Now, now, isn't suicide a bit extreme?

Clearly what our friend should do is seek professional help.
>>
>>46272720
Because the point you're not understanding is that Paizo makes their shit so ridiculously easy that more or less any semi-functional to functional character will succeed. See: PFS and Crane Wing monks managing to break their "balance".

>>46272722
Fair point, I'll amend that to "see a therapist".
>>
File: two kitsune and two tieflings.jpg (559 KB, 1700x1202) Image search: [Google]
two kitsune and two tieflings.jpg
559 KB, 1700x1202
Is this what a typical party is like according to /pfg/?
>>
>>46272720
The tactics used by the enemies in that AP are god awful, unless your idea of optimization is amping up role-play while adhering to the stormwind fallacy you can't lose.
>>
>>46272756
No, not unless you listen exclusively to the degenerates, and why are you asking this again?
>>
>>46272765
Stormwind fallacy? Wat? What's that?
>>
>>46271777
>>46271724
"Hey mr.cavalier how'd you become an adventurer and why do you ride a boar?"

"Well when I was four years old I was taken from my dirt poor farmer parents by an elf who noticed me and said 'this simply will not do!'"

"What did he mean? What wouldn't do?"

"It turned out the elf was the grandson of the master of beasts for the sylvan realm of Silverglades which is a hereditary title. And a distant relation of mine saved his great patriarch from certain death in some war or another oh about 5000 years back."

"So what does that have to do with you?"

"Well it turns out that that his great grandpa was so inspired by my great whatever's tenacity and fearlessness that he wondered if he could make a mount the equal of the warrior, and set about breeding one right away. Grandpa had only managed light cavalry before and was curious about heavy cavalry"

"I still don't see how this involves you"

"It really didn't beyond the fact that the patriarch forgot to thank my relation at the time and only realized so some five hundred years after the fact, at which point he decided to wait till the breed of boars was done, forgetting entirely about human lifespans. When the grandson inherited the title, he thought to check up on my family to make sure the breed of boar was a proper compliment to their fighting style and he was abruptly reminded about comically short human lifespans. He decided to take me in and have me trained as a knight even though by his admittance the breed is only about half done, and it simply wouldn't do for our family to fade into complete obscurity before they can thank us with the 'princely gift' of a thousand heavy cavalry boars their armaments - sans riders -, and 150 years worth of assistance in management to some distant descendant of mine"

"So, you're not even part of the deal?"

"No, in some 5000 more years they'll be ready to cause chaos and completely upend the internal politics of another realm"

"Elves have no morals"
>>
>>46272802
Role-play and optimization are exclusive. By focusing on mechanics you're an awful role-player and thus power-gamey scum. That's why it's a fallacy.
>>
>>46272577
Apparently you be a seduction-based Bard so you can get bonuses for fucking essential NPCs in the second book.
>>
>>46272827
>Bard
wizard, arcanist, or sorcerer*
>>
>>46272827
>not using spoiler tags
Wow, thanks for that. I was planning to play this AP too.
>>
>>46272812
Posting from mobile and was hamstrung by word count here. Plz forgiv.
>>
>>46272823
Why is it named the Stormwind fallacy though? Is that a common attitude in WoW?
>>
>>46272906
Ah, stormwind was the poster who talked about the fallacy and why it was stupid, so it just got named after them.
>>
>>46272906
Nah, just because the guy who first posted it had the username "Stormwind" and named it after himself
>>
File: 1457770558528.png (80 KB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
1457770558528.png
80 KB, 400x236
>tfw excited for the new releases, and overall love pathfinder
>nothing to post or ask
I-I'll just keep lurking
>>
>>46272957
No! Share the characters you are/want to play! Their builds, goals, relationships! Share the world you're in, the world you're making. Share everything!
>>
File: [evil].gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
[evil].gif
1 MB, 540x540
>>46272577
One must delve to the darkest depths of diabolical depravity, seek the shadiest sinister sources of sinful satisfaction, and engage the most egregious excesses of Evil.

To truly play an Evil character, one must become Evil oneself - if only for a moment. Draw on every dastardly deed you've held yourself back from, every unholy urge you've silenced in your quest for societal acceptance, and coalesce it into a single being of vile purpose and hateful cunning.

Take everything that is horrendous, that is despicable, that is degenerate and blasphemous and WRONG about yourself, and create one single entity bearing only these traits.

Forge a bastion of Pure Evil, and marvel at your work, for surely only such a character could be drawn to the calling of this campaign.
>>
>>46272957
Tell me about your campaign!
>>
>>46272928
Isn't Godwin's Law also named after a poster from back in the day?
>>
File: Assassins Of Porphyra.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Assassins Of Porphyra.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Hey, what do you guys think of the 3pp Assassin base class? Too good, too weak? PDF attached and web link below:

http://porphyra.wikidot.com/assassin
>>
>>46273037
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Sure
>>
>>46272577
There is a lot of social stuff. A good fit would be someone who:
>can seduce multiple NPCS. high diplomacy/bluff
>can kill people without being fount out.
>???

I didn't read too much into it, but a cha-class seems like a good fit. Anti-Paladin or something. You will want a bit of spell-casting at least.
>>
>>46272872
That's barely a spoiler, and if being told "this character is viable" is enough to deter you from playing the character you obviously weren't too into the idea to begin with.
>>
>>46273037
If you have an unusually broad definition of "poster", sure.

>>46273046
>fluff
It's nice that you have this, but I'll only be checking mechanics.
>nongood only
Off to a rough start.
>3/4 BAB
A class devoted to one specific part of martial combat should not have less than full BAB.
>two bad saves
Reflex does make sense, but it's objectively the weakest save.
>4th-level casting
Lot better than nothing, but it's still not good.

So far, it looks like rogue with a small spell list and death attack. Death attack in its usual form is, frankly, shit. It's unusable in actual combat, and only matters for NPCs, solo campaigns, or unusually flexible parties.

Assassin secrets look mildly interesting and it's an improvement over the base assassin, but from what I understand they get magus casting except even more gimped. It's the bastard son of a rogue and a magus, and is probably about as good as an Unchained rogue, significantly worse than a magus.

t5, t4 maybe, needs full BAB, better saves, and an unique thing to do in a real fight that isn't as shitty as sneak attack or death attack.
>>
>>46272957

I know that feeling anon, I just post here when I want to shit up the thread and see those red !'s.

Why should I get angry when I'm about to have a session with a player I have a history with? We even worked out our backstories last night so they interconnect, as well as be utterly adorable.
>>
>>46273014
>>46272985
oh well, im about to join a campaign in august/july, but since all the other players will be newbies, i'm starting a "prep" adventure (think like... Fairy tail: many people, bulletin board, etc) with over 40 different characters to choose from. Every session a quest, and everyone can change character until they find what they'll like for long term commitment.

i looked for so many cute pictures, for portraits, to lure every kind of player.
Was fun.
>>
>>46272756
You are missing the super buff and dreamy Initiator Husbando
>>
>>46273225
Oh wait, are you the guy with the other player you ERP'd with? What's the backstory?
>>
>>46272756

is that a fucking martial on the left
>>
>>46272553
I'm still waiting to hear back from mine...
>>
>>46273645
You need to email their new address, iirc. Check the archives.
>>
>>46273668
I did.

[email protected].

The only emails I've recieved on my 4chan email account are from hitbox
>>
>>46273709
Ah. Well, that's disappointing.
>>
>>46273643
Bushi Brutal Stalker of course
>>
>>46265986
And I'm doing this. The image is just impossible to pass up.
>>
>>46270521
The FAQ says that the full attack is part of the charge-pounce-full attack, yes.

However:

This is what Pounce does:
>When a creature with this special attack makes a charge, it can make a full attack (including rake attacks if the creature also has the rake ability).

This is what Charge does:
>Charging is a special full-round action that allows you to move up to twice your speed and attack during the action
>After moving, you may make a single melee attack. You get a +2 bonus on the attack roll and take a –2 penalty to your AC until the start of your next turn.
>Even if you have extra attacks, such as from having a high enough base attack bonus or from using multiple weapons, you only get to make one attack during a charge.

Together, by RAW, what happens is:

>Move up to twice speed
>Make a single attack as part of the charge, with a +2 bonus
>Make a full attack afterwards, since that's what Pounce says to do.

Nothing in the FAQ contradicts this. You might be able to argue intent, but it talks about a "charge-pounce-full attack" sequence. That's what the RAW allows you to do.

No one does this by RAW though, not even the devs. Just a weird quirk of the rules.

Lances only apply to the first attack though, so I'd expect Momentum Crash to be errata'd to be the same, instead of +10 damage to everything.
>>
Could an undead cleric cast stuff like cure light wounds or sunbeam without burning himself?
>>
>>46274017
Yes, as long as he's not targeting himself.
>>
>>46272957
>enjoying things

You wonderful faggot
>>
>>46274017
Yep.

I mean, you don't take damage from casting Fireball, and that hurts everyone.
>>
>>46274017
Yah mon. Just like a fleshbag can cast burning hands without burning himself.
>>
>>46272756
>>46273541
What if the one on the left is the initiator?
>>
>>46274040
I always imagine fireball to be "fire just appears in that spot and burns things", not a hadouken

>>46274073
this is a fair point

my main sticking point is that cure light wounds and it's ilk is a touch spell
>>
>>46273979
Momentum crash explicitly only works on 1 attack. Same with momentum crush.

The only maneuver in that line that doesn't explicitly say it only works on 1 attack is Devastating Momentum which is a 7th level maneuver.
>>
>>46274092
I see. That's good to know; I didn't have it up in front of me. Pounce is still weird af though
>>
>>46274083
If it's not a Husbando, then it's not /pfg/
>>
>>46274091
You actually fire a pea-sized bead, which then explodes on impact.
>>
>>46274091
>I always imagine fireball to be "fire just appears in that spot and burns things", not a hadouken

>You point your finger and determine the range (distance and height) at which the fireball is to burst. A glowing, pea-sized bead streaks from the pointing digit and, unless it impacts upon a material body or solid barrier prior to attaining the prescribed range, blossoms into the fireball at that point. An early impact results in an early detonation. If you attempt to send the bead through a narrow passage, such as through an arrow slit, you must “hit” the opening with a ranged touch attack, or else the bead strikes the barrier and detonates prematurely.
>>
According to DSP, two of the martial disciplines are "broken". Which were they again? Broken Blade was one, I think?
>>
>>46274172
Primal Fury
>>
>>46274172
Broken Blade is too powerful
Steel Serpent is too weak
>>
>>46274113
>implying the one on the left can't be a husbando to the other girls
Have you never heard of an Orekko, anon? The turbo-masculine ones are pretty much dudes. I guess it'd technically be a Sesshakko in this case, because samuraispeak.

>>46274172
Broken Blade and Primal Fury do entirely too much damage, mostly from the maneuvers that work as full attack+. The single-attack maneuvers in those disciplines are much less retarded, iirc..
>>
>>46274172
I believe thrashing dragon is getting toned down a bit as well.
>>
>>46264500
Okay so
I need really weird/fantastical pirate captains for a piracy cmpaign. So far, the only ones I've got is an awoken monkey gunslinger and a Sorcerer who's convinced everyone he's the hottest shit on the ocean and never stopped bluffing
>>
>>46274205
>>46274210
>>46274224
Ah, thanks. Some guy is asking me how to replicate Undyne in Pathfinder, I spent way too long trying to figure out how to make a suitably STRONK Psionic Armoury before I remembered Solar Wind existed.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.