[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: 1439018368935.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439018368935.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
http://pastebin.com/gsYUFPGD

What's your least favorite book? Hard mode: No Beast or Changing Breeds.
>>
>>46254874
>>46254941
Welp, looks like you were first. I guess we'll just use this one.

As an actual answer to the question, I guess I'd have to say Werewolf's first edition core book. Second edition is fine, but 1e was a mess and seems hardly playable, if you ask me.(Mostly because of the linearly-purchased gifts that switch Renown with every dot)
>>
>>46254874
I don't know, Mummy?
Mostly just because I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it.
>>
Chronicles of Fagness
>>
>>46255161
Of the core books? Yeah. I agree, Mummy.
Not that the game isn't cool, because it is, but because I have so many gripes with the system.
1) Extremely limited in the kinds of game you can play.
2) Extremely limited in the kinds of character you can make.
3) Very, very complicated vocabulary.
4) They fuck with how dice works. Throws me off my game.
5) It's 1e.
>>
>>46254874
I'm torn on Beast and Mummy.

Beast because the mechanics seem perfectly fine, but its very vaugue about a lot of things and the story/lore in it is just not fitting well for me. I'm still going to use it and have fun making characters to play and add to my games, but it lacks the cohesion and sense of something more that the other splats all have. That and the rather lackluster way they went about the whole 'lessons from fear' bit.

Mummy because while very interesting, it left way way to many things unanswered and contradictory, and the Arisen themselves are very awkward in play in my experience. I'm seriously debating just taking the entirety of mummy stuff and flipping it around, making an ancestor worshiping cult of necromancers that spend time dead to stock up life energy so they can practice their craft.

Which reminds me, which book explains Duat if you get your memories back?
>>
So I'm trying to understand exactly how Lairs work for physical travel and the Primordial Dream. Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

Lairs have Chambers connected by Burrows, and unless an effort is made at least one Chamber will connect to the larger Hive/Primordial Dream of the 'area'.
Beasts can mentally switch to control their Horror in their Lair when physically in the real world, leaving their bodies mostly defenseless.
When in an area that shares a trait with their Lair, a beast can bring forth another trait and superimpose the Lair over the real world. This merges them with their Horror while it lasts and anyone who leaves the Chamber area during this time has physically entered the Beasts Lair and is stuck there.
Using Primordial Pathways a Beast can enter their Lair from anywhere, but locations that match it are much easier. When using this to leave the Lair the same applies.

By my reading of this a Beast with an underwater Lair has access to every lake and river and sea in the world, via going back and forth from the real world to their Lair?
How would other beings get in/out via Be My Guest?
How would the Horror act around someone the Beast has invited into their Lair, when the Beast isn't communing and in direct control?
>>
>>46255673
>>46255865

There's been some commentary on Mummy from one of the people who wrote for the line and what's interesting is that the mention the Mummy core going for an intentional WoD Vampire 1e/2e core feel, in that there's a lot of flavor while keeping things loose.

It's fascinating comparing that to DaveB stating that Deviant's a lot more WoD in its themes than CofD. It'll be fun to compare and contrast the two lines: Mummy is WoD in presentation, while Deviant could be WoD in tone.

For the topic at hand, my least favorite book is Chaos Factor. That adventure's...not that great.
>>
>>46256083
>For the topic at hand, my least favorite book is Chaos Factor. That adventure's...not that great.

Right... there are adventures to WoD.

Are any of them any good? I'm not an adventures-reading kind of guy.
>>
>>46256125

I'm not as familiar with the WoD adventures as I am with the CofD adventures (I hear the Transylvanian Chronicles are good? Can anyone confirm?) but my favorite CofD adventures are Blood Red, Ash Grey for Vampire the Requiem and Ruins of Ur for Mortal (specifically, it's based on Dogs of War, a really underrated supplement in my opinion).
>>
File: 1390429320463.jpg (9 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
1390429320463.jpg
9 KB, 252x244
Gimmie some cool ideas for a subterranean Nosferatu haven
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 675x547) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 675x547
>all this Mummy hate

Leave my favorite game alone!
>>
>>46256598
It's less hate, more confused rejection.
>>
>>46256644

It's not even really rejection, I think, it's more "this game seems neat/ok/like a game, it's just hard to grasp and kind of limited", which is a fair criticism of it, I think. Promethean gets a lot of the same stuff, only its lingo's much simpler and you can boil it down to "the spookiest road trip ever".
>>
>>46256528
Sub-basement that noone remembered to fill, only accessible through a crack in the wall from a subway tunnel, and some climbing. Only furnished with stuff that you can carry up there.

The tunnel it accesses is believed haunted by the local hobos.
>>
>>46256598
Hey I like it! I kickstarted it (and demon, and beast) and have had fun flipping through the book.
It just, ya know, doesn't seem to really explain anything or set a convincing tone for a narrative I can use for any of my games. Sadly my group is really really really into the crossover aspect of things thank god I'm the only one who understands mage among us and they don't fit that very well so far.
Granted I love the lore of just flipping through the book, the story of this great nameless empire and what they did. Just wish I didn't have to go through the books with a notepad and dictionary to figure it out.
>>
>>46257160

Oh yeah, didn't the final version of Beast get released to backers recently? I always assumed that final release on KS was around the same time as it going up for sale on DriveThru but I guess not.
>>
>>46258534
It did yea. The book is alright in my opinion, it just has a whole lot of 'why?' in it concerning the nature of things and the whole 'teaching lessons' aspect. Overall I'd give it a C+.
>>
>>46258685
Got a link?
>>
>>46258717
I've got the pdf but I've no idea if Onyx path or Drivethru rpg do any sort of background code or marking in their files, so I'm kinda loathe to risk putting it out there.

I can just do images of pages and things in particular if you've got something specific you're looking for though.
>>
>>46258814

What were the major changes, if any, between the preview and final Beast PDF?
>>
>>46255673
>1) Extremely limited in the kinds of game you can play.
>2) Extremely limited in the kinds of character you can make.

DESU I think this sort of design is part and parcel of the World of Darkness philosophy of taking a narrow concept like werewolves or serial killers and mining as much material as you can out of it. Their games usually work best when they don't stray too far from it. The common origins and insular mythology is one of the reasons I like Mummy so much.

3) Very, very complicated vocabulary.
Yeah it's a little excessive. But hey, consider the ensuing confusion and memorisation difficulties part of immersing you in the Arisen experience.

>4) They fuck with how dice works. Throws me off my game.
5) It's 1e.

yeah.
>>
>>46257160
>Sadly my group is really really really into the crossover aspect of things and they don't fit that very well so far.

Mummies' unique power curve makes them a bad fit for a group of PCs, but for Storytellers who have access to the book they make fantastic antagonists/npcs. The nature of the Descent means they're perfectly set up to bust into your chronicle terrifying everyone with their powers, transition into colourful but less powerful allies once they've got their memories back, and eventually fade out before everyone gets sick of them.
>>
File: TOP_SECRET.png (228 KB, 579x275) Image search: [Google]
TOP_SECRET.png
228 KB, 579x275
>>46254874
>What's your least favorite book? Hard mode: No Beast or Changing Breeds.

Compacts & Conspiracies. Every Hunter faction it touched, it made worse. Especially my beloved TFV.
>>
>>46259877
For the billionth time, nothing in that book is to be taken as canon, just potential ways of handling the groups. They do it in every gameline.
See: The Idigam, God-Machine, and Strix's potential origins/explanations, the many different ways the covenants are presented across the Requiem books, etc.

That said, it's fine if you don't like the options, but I'm saying the above because it seems like 90% of the people who don't like it are misunderstanding that aspect of it and thinking that everything in it is meant to be canon.
>>
>>46259940
Oh, I'm well aware nothing is "canon" in nWoD. It's just that for other splats, the "include this if you want" craziness makes the setting MORE compelling if you include it, like Imperial Mysteries or Book of the Deceived. Compacts & Conspiracies actively makes it LESS so.
>>
>>46259877
Honestly I loved that. I actually have an important NPC Vampire who is one of the Leaders of TFV, the vampire believe in American Interest First before anything else.

>>46259940
They further implied that TFV is ran by vampires in Night Watch book, by explaining that TFV has very few equipment to deal with vampires and most vampires once cornered at normally let go if they are even caught in first place.
They talk about how vampires clean up their own messes so well, that the department meant to cover up vampire activities do so little work that the department believe if their higher ups ever hear just how little work they entire department would be cut.
Lastly if anty vampire that is on the clear to go list is killed by TFV Cell. That cell will have their funding severely cut and alot of their equipment redacted.
>>
When is mage 2e coming out
>>
>>46260412
It is out, you just can't remember it because you're a Sleeper.
>>
>>46260412
Soon™
>>
>>46260412

When Dracula's done reading it. I think it's safe to say that Paradox approvals are at least a month long process for any one bit of material.
>>
Has the new nomenclature system for mummy come out yet?
>>
Nobu from Daredevil as a Purified???
>>
>>46260787
Maybe. A year is a long time to wait for a death on the material tho.
>>
Nah. He's just a normal highlander. >>46260787
>6
>>
>>46260787
I'm pretty sure there was literally a "Blood Bathers" type of immortal in the same book, and it looks like that's what the Hand does to bring people back
See: Elektra at the end

So no, not a Purified.
>>
>>46260412
Mage 2e is a key component of DaveB's Imperium Rite.
The Tetrarchs fight desperately to keep him from unleashing it and finding his Final Key.
>>
>>46260590
Anyone..?
>>
So, the Purified. To expand. Have them start as completely mortal, except for a dot in Siddhi for Shadow Projection and a dot in what we'll call Samyana, to make them 'properly' immortal - able to regenerate their bodies. Beyond that, their powers develop until the oldest become what was listed in the book. Maybe Samadhi, for higher powers - become a weird locus-thing, lay a path that despite going from A to B only takes an hour to walk, despite B being 200km away, that sort of thing. Essentially shitting willpower in order to become a weird degenerate universe-being, overwriting the material with the remnants of their mortality backed up by the horrible waste-energy that is essence representing their immortal power. Final degeneration means they become a spirit, and if their chi ever drops below their mortality they dissipate and become something else - some sort of horrible pocket universe.

Toughts?
>>
>>46254874
>What's your least favorite book?

Still nMage 1e. It just doesn't look fun, even though I own the physical copy.

Mummy's a bit similar, but the concept is interesting to me. Just not the limited to Irem scope.
>>
>>46261901
Mage 1e core was bad. If you stuck with it there was a fun game to be found but man was it hard on the eyes.
>>
>>46256013
>By my reading of this a Beast with an underwater Lair has access to every lake and river and sea in the world, via going back and forth from the real world to their Lair?

If they have the necessary Lair trait then they can open a Primordial Pathway to enter their Lair by diving into the lake. But the reverse would need some appropriate STing; if you're Horror is a kraken from the deepest depths then I'd say you could emerge from the ocean, but not the kiddy pool or a river because that's not in theme. Whereas if your Horror is a nymph or more then you could gracefully exit lakes but not burst forth from the ocean, etc.

>How would other beings get in/out via Be My Guest?

BMG lets a person use Skeleton Key to enter the Lair as the beast does (find portal, spend 1 WP), but doesn't let them force doors to their intended location like a Beast. Entering through the use of Primordial pathways doesn't need permission since they overlay their Lair on reality and all present automatically experience both.

>How would the Horror act around someone the Beast has invited into their Lair, when the Beast isn't communing and in direct control?

The Lair recognises welcome visitors and witholds the negative effects of lair traits. Unless the Horror is Ravenous then I'd rule it leaves the guest unmolested, but starving Horrors are less likely to respect the Beast's wishes.
>>
"I can't take it anymore! I WANNA DIE!"
"We all wanna die, we're Huntsman!"
>>
>>46262022
>>46261901
The art fucking kills mage 1e core, just... I'ts SO FUCKING BAD, it takes the book down at least a point, at most two. I'm so fucking glad they got better art for 2e core.
>>
>>46254874
lads help. i sat down and read mummy: the curse and now i think i'm a mummy fan. i bought all this eyeliner and there's a clay bullshead in my room.
>>
>>46262642
You might have accidentally read Vampire.
>>
So spirits get strengthen, manipulate, control, create and mass create. Royal spirits are basically archmagi. Are there any numina examples of spirits using The Practices outside of the royal spirits og 6?

How much do their influences work? Could a time influence create extra turns, or mass create a timeline? Can an anger spirit work an angry man like a puppet with control, or an angry man spirit (without using its man influence, just anger). What happens if you strengthen air? Or time? Or magma?
>>
>>46263094
For that matter, gravity. Does mass created gravity turn up as thousands of monopoles? One big one? How much gravity?
>>
>>46263190
Why are you mass creating gravity? What are you hoping to achieve?
>>
>>46263199
Mass extermination of the jew lizard people who are weak vs gold and specific explanations on the mechanics of influence.
>>
>>46258928
>DESU I think this sort of design is part and parcel of the World of Darkness philosophy of taking a narrow concept like werewolves or serial killers and mining as much material as you can out of it. Their games usually work best when they don't stray too far from it. The common origins and insular mythology is one of the reasons I like Mummy so much.

Yeah. I agree that other splats can be a bit limiting, but Mummy allows literally for just one character background: Member of an ancient north-African empire that was made immortal and put to sleep. It completely removes the human aspect of the character creation.

>Yeah it's a little excessive. But hey, consider the ensuing confusion and memorisation difficulties part of immersing you in the Arisen experience.

Yeah. But it's like if Werewolf would only have had First Tongue vocabulary. Reading Mummy requires constant checking back to the Lexicon to figure out which of the odd old Egyptian terms means which.
>>
compared to the antagonist monsters of other Splats, how powerful are the Idigam?
>>
>>46263688
By this I don't mean an Idigam Gank Squad, I mean a singular Idigam, like the one behind that swarm of Locust Hosts.
>>
>>46263688
>>46263705
They're Rank 4-6 spirits with weird and sometimes terrifying powers. So they're pretty threatening to most splats. Heck, the Spirit Arcana doesn't even work right on them.
>>
>>46263735
>Heck, the Spirit Arcana doesn't even work right on them.
Well that's worrying.
>>
Where are the idgam rules?
>>
>>46263765
Werewolf 2e core, they cover an entire section
>>
Is -this- thread going to have gay werewolves?

>>46254874
Least favorite line is vampire for sure. The themes don't appeal to me all that much and it has quite the horrible dedicated fan base.
>>
>>46263932
You are really hung up on the gay werewolves, huh?
>>
>>46263735
>>46263747

Does Werewolf 2e actually explicitly state that the Spirit Arcanum doesn't work properly against Idigam? Do you have a page number?
>>
File: Obrimos Unicycle.jpg (163 KB, 819x1036) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos Unicycle.jpg
163 KB, 819x1036
>>46262571
>The art fucking kills mage 1e core

Besides the fact that the layout sucked and the fonts and colors were impossible to read in Mage 1e, I will never forgive WW for the crappy and thematically ridiculous art like Unicycle Obrimos, Cowboy Moros and Crazy Out of Proportion Silver Ladder Guy.
>>
>>46264271
AFAIK it doesn't talk about Idigam mechanics in other gamelines.

In the Demon Storyteller Guide it talks about them in the crossover section, but there is no mention of mage arcana related to them
>>
>>46261199
>Mage 2e is a key component of DaveB's Imperium Rite.
>The Tetrarchs fight desperately to keep him from unleashing it

TFW people still don't understand that Dave is a Exarch, and with each day Mage 2e is not released, his powers and influence grow stronger.
>>
File: Audrey FUCKING SERIOUS.gif (650 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
Audrey FUCKING SERIOUS.gif
650 KB, 500x289
>>46263747
>OH LOOK THE BIG ANTAGONISTS FROM ANOTHER LINE BREAK THE MAGES CAPABILITY TO FUCK EVERYTHING OVER EASILY WITH MAGIC

Why the fuck is that worrying? Mages shouldn't be able to fuck with everything easily.
>>
File: Not Sure If Trolling.jpg (42 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
Not Sure If Trolling.jpg
42 KB, 604x453
>>46264351
>Mages shouldn't be able to fuck with everything easily
>>
>>46264351

Sigh...the trolls have come out from under the bridge...

If the Spirit Arcanum doesn't work against Idigam or has reduced efficacy, Mage fans will be just fine. Most of us simply want a explanation from Stew and/or Dave with a setting-appropriate rationale because Idigam can easily be used as Mage or crossover antagonists since spirits have been part of the Mage purview for decades.

In fact, Mage fans often care very little if the splat is "weakened" so long as its consistent with the setting and mechanics. For instance, in Vampire 2e, Rose stated that mages can now be subject to the viniculum. The response by mage fans was a collective yawn and some questions about what Arcana, if any, might alleviate the condition. Similarly, Mage fans manage to survive contently in a setting where they know virtually nothing about and cannot control the Divine Fire or Aether from Promethean and Demon, respectively.
>>
>>46254874
Least favorite book? (Not counting Beast, of course)

Well, that's easy....

nWoD-Demon: The Descent

oWoD-Tie between Time of Thin Blood (because fuck metaplot) and WoD: Gypsies.
>>
>>46258534
>>46258717

Seconding a request for a link to the revised Beast PDF with final revisions.
>>
File: sasuke.jpg (15 KB, 256x400) Image search: [Google]
sasuke.jpg
15 KB, 256x400
Stat me in 1e Requiem, /wodg/

Hard Mode: No fancy bloodlines, just the five core clans and five core covenants from 1e.
>>
>>46264689
Sempai, too much bait.
>>
>>46264689
>Stat me in 1e Requiem, /wodg/
Uh no.
>>
>>46264689
Go away Camilla.
>>
>>46264695
What bait? I'm just wondering how people would stat this motherfucker in 1e Requiem!

Personally, I'd consider him to be either a Mekhet or Ventrue (most likely Ventrue because of his elitism and emotional/psychological trauma make him a prime candidate for the Ventrue embrace)

As for covenant, I could see him either Unaligned or Invictus. Again. because of elitism.
>>
>>46264708
At least it's not HentaiLARP-chan.

Camilla's a dense weeb moron, but he at least tries to contribute to the thread (despite his rather idiotic hangups on 2e/CofD) but HentaiLARP-chan is probably the most blatant and obvious troll I have ever seen on /tg/.
>>
>>46264715
I'm gagging on y ou r bait sempai. It's so thick.
>>
>>46264715
People think it's bait because you're asking for a VtR version of 'Edgy Anime Guy #34758'.
>>
>>46264743
Well, excuse for me just trying to have a little light-hearted humorous fun! Sorry if I upset you guys, it was not my intent.

So, I know it's a sin on this board to prefer 1e nWoD to 2e nWoD/CofD, but I was thinking of running a chronicle with my buddies IRL and just going back to basics, back to where it all began with the nWoD/CofD. A chronicle that just uses the 1e nWoD and 1e Requiem corebooks and nothing else (at least at first, if the game grows I may include the other gamelines for NPC material). Sort of a semi-retro throwback campaign if you will.

Any tips?
>>
>>46264752
Eh, fair point. I was just trying to lighten the mood around here and have a little fun, but it apparently backfired. I apologize if I offended anyone here.
>>
>>46264794
Oh god. It's like Jim Profit is back.
>>
>>46264819
>Jim Profit
Who?
>>
Anyone ever used Mirrors' end of the world scenario?
>>
File: parkourdude91.png (188 KB, 410x350) Image search: [Google]
parkourdude91.png
188 KB, 410x350
>And it's down along the Falls Road
>That's where I want to be
>Lying in the dark with a Provo company
>A comrade on my left and another one on my right
>And a clip of ammunition for my little Armalite

So guys, what kind of weapons does your nWoD/CofD character currently carry?

Right now I'm playing a Gangrel mall ninja (sort of a joke character turned serious) packing a pocket knife, a Glock 17, and an AR-15.

Pic related, this is the guy who inspired my Requiem character.
>>
>>46264833
A shitposter who managed to persist for months because the mods liked him. Mootles himself descended from the heavens to ban the insufferable cunt. Try posting as him with a name. Go on. It'll be funny.
>>
>>46264819
Well, sorry for ruining the thread. For once I was being serious and asking for serious advice on how to run an old-school Requiem game. Sorry that I am using 1e instead of your precious sacred cow 2e.
>>
>>46264864
A big metal crowbar gotta love Wrathful Sword of St. Michael
>>
>>46264885
Too fast. You've got to manufacture outrage first. Then move on to hysterical indignant denials. I can usually get the thread to explode with any sort of intertroupe rivalry tales, because those are verboten to anyone who frequents wodg apparently. Give it a shot next thread.
>>
>>46264898
Nice, kind of cool in my book.

>>46264874
Nice try, but I'm not falling for that.

I get it, you guys hate me, but I'm trying to be serious and get some serious advice here on running a throwback chronicle.

Well, if you guys won't help me, I can always just go to Onyx Path forums.
>>
>>46264864
A halberd kept in twilight space. Because I am a fucking child I prefer to pretend he is extracting it from his anus.
>>
>>46264911
No thanks, I'm not a troll, at least not intentionally.

Fuck this, I'm just going to Onyx Path Forums for advice from now on.
>>
>>46264917
Must be a TSA agent's nightmare.
>>
>>46264864
One of my Mekhet characters used a katana unironically, and it was fun.

Currently my character is a Wizened who carries a baseball bat around his house, but is otherwise unarmed.
>>
So, anyone ever set a WoD game (Old or New) outside of the country you live in?
>>
>>46264947
Man. Might ask for a siddhi derivative to let it bleed through just for metsl detectors. Brilliant. Forget keeping it 'nothing suss' on the street. Now we're going to break physics.
>>
>>46255161
>I don't know, Mummy?
>Mostly just because I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

>having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

>wrapping my head
>>
>>46264864
He carries: absolutely nothing because it would just weigh him down and prevent him from running away like a bitch.
>>
>>46264917
Um...okay
>>
So how does apotheosis work for mummies? You're stuck at power stat 1 but your memory becomes your power stat? Can you eventually regain utterances, or..

And if sekhem is older than the supernal where did it come from?
>>
>>46265083
The Principle presumably, that/he/etc is the next laye up beyond the Supernal and is responsible for giving life.
>>
>>46265099
Principle is a God Machine on crack.
>>
>>46265119
Maybe God-Machine is the next stepin Archmage soul evolution. First they transcend the world, then the transcend supernal and become Gods, then they transcend godhood and become a Principle.

I wonder what's above that
>>
>>46265083
>sekhem is older than the supernal

What???
>>
>>46265165
Mentioned in the opath dev blogs.
>>
>>46265161
The god machine is an occult but universal thing. Not seperate to reality. An archmage wouldn't come back
>>
>>46265218

Do you have a link or quote?

"Sekhem is older than the supernal" seems inconsistent with both Mage and Mummy cosmology, which is particularly unusual since Dave is involved in both gamelines.
>>
>>46265262
On my mobile. But google and the domain reatric ti on on the dev blog should do the trick.
>>
>>46265290

Which Developer Blog, Mage, Mummy or Dark Eras?
>>
>>46265342

It isn't in the Mummy open dev, I just checked it.
>>
>>46265083
>older than the supernal

That's... not true. Nothing is "older than" the Supernal, the Supernal has always existed, it's a necessary part of the fabric of the Tellurian. I think you mean it existed pre-Fall?

Sekhem is just a separate force that doesn't emanate from the Supernal, like Pyros.
>>
>>46265342
Mummy.
>>
>>46265429
>>46265290
>>46265431
>Sekhem is older than the supernal

I believe the reference is likely from Dave's Dark Eras spoiler blog concerning the Muatpa Era Mage/Mummy crossover.

However, the blog does not support the original claim, and only states that Sekhem is not Supernal in origin and is just different and separate, not "older."

http://theonyxpath.com/going-back-in-time-mage-the-awakening-dark-eras/
>>
>>46263094
>What happens if you strengthen air?
The wind blows harder.(Even if it doesn't feel like there's wind, there is, and strengthening air would make it more noticeable at the least)
>Or time?
I'd probably rule that strengthening time lets the spirit speed up/slow down how quickly time passes/how long each roll of an extended action takes.
>Or magma?
It would burn hotter, maybe move faster

Create Time could probably make another turn, Mass Create would be needed to make multiple turns. Control Anger would let the spirit direct the man's Anger, but once he stop's being angry he's free of the spirit.

Spirits, as a rule, are weaker than the Awakened. The Influences are not the Practices, and Rank 6+ spirits can't do the same things that Archmages can do.

Granted, a spirit of nuclear explosives would have an easier time setting off a non-existent nuke in the middle of your choice of city than a Mage, because the spirit could do it at Rank 4, maybe 5, but the Mage would need to get [Arcana] 6, according to DaveB.

>>46263932
If only
>>
What's with the gay werewolf meme?
>>
>>46264968
I didn't run it, but I played in a game set in the Poland hunting ground.

I think the biggest problem I had with it was one of the other players insisting on calling the city "vrotslav" and trying to make us call it that too, because he googled "Wroclaw" and found out that's how its actually pronounced.
Was a fun game, but that guy kind of ruined it; he tossed a pizza box with part of a dead guy in it on the ground as we were leaving a place, which cause the police to start looking for us, and then something he did during his prelude(killing a guy's family just because they saw his face, not even while he was doing anything suspicious) lead to a big argument after the player'd left the game, when we went to a pack meet-up and ran into the guy whose family he killed.

>>46265083
I imagine there is no apotheosis, and that's the point; hitting Sekhem 0 means you go back to sleep. You're cursed to a never-ending cycle of waking up every Sothic Turn, with intermittent rouses due to your cult or various threats.
>>
>>46265661
Well have you ever seen a gay werewolf/
>>
File: Pucci_after.png (380 KB, 309x466) Image search: [Google]
Pucci_after.png
380 KB, 309x466
>>46265661
Rabid Wolf is here now
>>
>>46265661
In the first edition of Forsaken, they kept a bit of a hold-over from Apocalypse, in the form of the ghost children(or whatever they were called). When 2 werewolves had sex, and got pregnant, the child was GUARANTEED to be more spirit than human, and try to kill its parents and any other werewolves it came across.

As a result, the joke sprung up that the only way for werewolves to have sex was to be gay. It helps, of course, that werewolves are inherently a fantastic landscape for gay-themed stories, what with the naked hairy men and the feeling of being an outsider because of what you are(gay or a werewolf).

2e got rid of the ghost children, but that doesn't mean the joke's gonna go away.
>>
>>46265603
Rank 7 spirits begin developing Imperial Practices.
>>
>>46265697
No, apotheosis is an actual game trait for mummies. Achievable. The Heretic was the first.
>>
>>46265571

Will the Mummy / Mage crossover in Dark Eras have 2e conversion rules for Mummy?
>>
>>46264794
Keep the world small, at least at first. that way you can increase the size and add npcs/splats as you see fit. I recommend limiting them to a single city
>>
>>46265827

If I remember right, there's a quick and dirty 2e conversion set up at the beginning of Dark Eras to cover material that wasn't updated at the time of its writing. I think it's a reprint from Beast.
>>
>>46265920
At least it means nobody will HAVE to buy Beast to attempt 2e versions of their favorite splat until they actually release.
>>
>>46265920
Book or link?
>>
>>46265947

Well I mean, no one has to right now. The OPP forums have decent enough stopgaps. I think Geist is the only one without a fully fleshed stopgap.
>>
>>46265984
...immortals
>>
>>46263688
Idigams are scary as fuck their damage starts at aggravated, can take the souls of werewolves, usurpe the control of Angel and reshape them in their image. It wven mentions that idigams could probably do that to demons as well.
While Strix may nearly be indestructible these guy are unstoppable masters of essences.
>>
>>46266076
Shame. Maybe they'll give the gods of the Shadow a similar treatment.
>>
>>46266015

Immortals is a blue book, not a full game line.
>>
>>46265984
>>46265982

Does anyone have the recently released final PDF of Beast with the errata included?
>>
>>46266103
They're fun as fuck.
>>
>>46266127

Oh, I'm not saying otherwise, I'm just saying that people don't really do stopgaps for individuals books as much as they do corebooks.
>>
>>46264638
>nWoD-Demon: The Descent

Oh, cool. Why?
>>
>>46265603
And learn them all barring Assumption, for obvious reasons. Gaia can basically play with them all as instant action numina, but we don't have enough information on Shadow Gods to get into it, unfortunately. And probably never will, given that spirits are basically turbo-autists.
>>
>>46254874
Why is Changing breeds so bad?
>>
>>46266665
It's werewolf, but I want to be a moose or some shit instead because I'm just that kind of special snowflake
>>
>>46266665
Horribly balanced, and 90% of the fluff and the flavour of the game is basically "I want to fuck animals" written over and over again

Literally, one artist made a drawing of a character and then posted an edited version with a giant cock on Tumblr or DeviantArt or somewhere
>>
>>46266665
It's really not that b ad mechanically.. except for beast magic. Paradox free spells to the third arcanum? sure, why the fuck not?
>>
>>46266791
It has also got a lot of humans=bad, and science=bad. Which irritates me.
>>
>>46265165
>>46265218
>>46265262
I think it was "Sekhem is older than Atlantis", which is a different thing entirely.
>>
>>46266884
Also, kinda complicated. Because placing Atlantis on a timeline doesn't work.
>>
>>46266953
So it pre-dates mages, not the Supernal
>>
>>46266961
Probably. Sekhem, as in magical life force, is probably older than humanity.
>>
>>46266884
>>46266953
>>46266961
>Sekhem is older than Atlantis

That's not correct based on Dave's Dark Era spoiler. >>46265571
Besides, as the other Anon stated, Atlantis doesn't really fall within any timeline.

http://theonyxpath.com/going-back-in-time-mage-the-awakening-dark-eras/

>>46266985
>Probably. Sekhem, as in magical life force, is probably older than humanity.

That seems more accurate.
>>
>>46267040
If Sekhem is older than humanity it's necessarily older than Atlantis, unless Sekhem itself was a product of the Fall, which seems unlikely.
>>
>>46267040
>>46265571
There's nothing IN the devblog about Sekhem being older than anything, aside from one Mage faction's personal "in the beginning" mythology, which isn't any more universally true than the idea that every Mage in existence is in fact actually channeling the Egyptian gods every time they cast instead of wherever they think their magic comes from.
>>
The supernal is just a necessary part of the universe. It doesn't have to be related to sekhem, it doesn't have to be anything. Mages ascendikng aren't leaving, they're just going to the core of the universe, or whatever you like.

Sekhem is explicitly detectable by mortal science, so it's probably forcing itself through and into the universe as well as the supernal at the same time, plenty of shit up there has its own sponsor.
>>
>>46267137

Atlantis is not part of the timeline. Saying that "Sekhem is older than Atlantis" is just awkward within the CofD cosmology.

In any event, whether Sekhem predates humans has absolutely no impact on the overall setting other than mere trivia. However, the original claim, "Sekhem is older than the Supernal," would have massive implications on the nature of the Supernal World and Realms.
>>
>>46267290
As compared to the principle being something else that isn't from the supernal.
>>
>In contemporary terms, Sekhem is not “Supernal,” but the stuff of existence as it actually manifests.
This means the same thing as the "Vampires are not literally created by Stygia" stuff Dave has been going on about recently. Sekhem doesn't leak out of the Primal Wild or wherever - it's a natural, raw substance of the Phenomenal World, and through Mage Sight would be full of Fate, Prime, and Life related symbols.
>>
>>46267249
>>46267286

Dave's blog explicitly states that Sekham is part of the Fallen World (using Mage terminology), unlike anything Supernal. It's therefore not surprising that regular humans can find rare and unusual means to detect or manipulate it, whether through science or other non-Supernal magical means.
>>
>>46267341
For more info, a decent post from Dave on the OPP forums:

>So. I have been scratching my head trying to figure out where this misinterpretation came from.

>True Facts:

>The Supernal World underlies everything in the Fallen World, not just the material realm; an Obrimos can use her Sight to look at the Aether whether she's in New York, a six-river-deep Dominion in the Underworld, a Wound in the Hisil, lost in the Hedge, or in the Sidereal Wastes of the Astral. The Supernal is always there.

>The two worlds - symbols and phenomena - are in a descriptive relationship. The Supernal symbolizes everything in the Fallen, and through that gives everything meaning. Stare into the heart of the most Alien Idigam with Spirit Sight, and you'll see the Primal Wild symbols that describe the monster.

>What "not of Supernal Origin" means is that the majority of things mages investigate using the Arcana is not caused by the Supernal World directly leaking and manifesting into the Fallen. As far as beginning apprentices are taught in Cosmology 101, only spells and summoned supernal entities are of Supernal origin. Everything else weird in the Fallen World, from Men in Black, to lost places, zombies, mothman, the critters from the CofD corebook, broken timelines, etc, can be analyzed with Mage Sight but is not made of the Supernal symbols a mage sees floating around it when he Scrutinizes it.

(cont)
>>
It's so nice of the things in the Supernal to keep the other splats around as nice little pets for their mage babies to play with.
>>
>>46267378
>The common misconception that mages mistake other supernatural race's shit for the Supernal is impossible. Mages know damn well the Hedge is not Supernal Arcadia, because Acanthus can use their Mage Sight in the Hedge and see the difference - while, conversely, those Acanthus are very aware when they're in a real Arcadian Emanation Realm that their Supernal World is manifesting physically around them. This does sometimes lead to strangenesses like seeing Primal Wild Beasts in the background when Scrutinizing one of the Begotten, but eh.

>Most Mysteries are not of Supernal Origin, but mages are cool with that, and can use their Arcana to investigate anything. (The Divine Fire? Looks really pretty under Prime, Mind, or Fate Sight. That doesn't tell the mage anything about where it came from, any more than being able to detect vampires with Death means the Curse came from Stygia. Which, btw, it didn't.)

>Signs of Sorcery, as the blog says, is about the Mysteries that are, and how that both gives mages a leg up understanding them and unnerves them.
>>
>>46267392
Nice job posting that literally in the middle of a post from the Mage dev explaining how that's not the case.
>>
>>46267406
Except what he's going on is nothing to do with it. And the imperial mysteries book states that the other splats all have things in the supernal keeping an eye out for them, since noone else will. Charity cases.
>>
>>46267324

Most everything isn't part of the Supernal, as Dave has repeatedly reminded us. Very, very few things besides Awakened magic and the rare verge and similar circumstances are Supernal in origin.

The Principle does not appear to be connected to the Supernal, and given its unusual nature, would probably be quite the Mystery to a few curious and enterprising mages.
>>
>>46267451
Meant to link to >>46267431.

Sure, these things came about from the fallen world. But they're of the fallen world, and the supernal. Things in the supernal stop anyone from altering them.
>>
>>46264864
Jace seems more of an incompetent Hunter who would get lucky at times.
>>
>>46267451
>And the imperial mysteries book states that the other splats all have things in the supernal keeping an eye out for them, since noone else will. Charity cases.
No it doesn't. The thing looking out for Werewolves is Luna, for example, who isn't in the Supernal. She's very much in and of the Phenomenal World. She's also hideously fucking powerful.
>>
>>46267378
>True Facts:

>Mage cosmology is everywhere, no other splat can escape it's supremacy

>Mage cosmology is responsible for everything that exists in the world

>Mages can understand everything but nobody else can understand Mage cosmology

>>46267406

>Mages are perfect and never mistake other realms for theirs, unlike those silly other creatures

>Mages don't care that your plat isn't a mage, they still know more about your shit than you do.

>I love Mages so very, very much. Them being unnerved is totally comparable to dying in sunlight
>>
>>46267491
Greetings, fellow shitposter.
>>46267488
Page 36, imperial mysteries.
>All supernatural beings with greater templates and some
with lesser templates have sponsors in the Ascension War
who actively prevent archmages from meddling with their
agents. These entities will sometimes, if sought out and
bargained with, permit an archmaster to transform a human into one of their charges, but strongly resist attempts
to alter the powers of their creation. For example, rumor
has it that archmages of Death have infl icted the curse of
vampirism in the past, but no one has cured that curse except
in legend and no one has ever undone the First Change of
a werewolf.
>>
>>46267491
>Mage cosmology is responsible for everything that exists in the world
>Supernal symbols describe things, but that doesn't mean they made things. They'll tell you what it is, but that doesn't mean it came from there.

>"He totally said the Supernal made everything and everything comes from there!!"
>>
>>46267531
That doesn't contradict >>46267488
Luna, as a Rank 8 Spirit, is very much in the Ascension War. Anything in the same weight class as an Archmaster (or a higher weight class) is.
>>
>>46267534
>Supernal symbolizes everything in the fallen realm and gives them meaning. No matter the alienness of it, something supernal describes it

Supernal responsible for it all.
>>
>>46267562
I'm beginning to suspect that you just straight-up can't read.
>>
>>46267561
Okay, pick one. Luna is a Supernal being in the Supernal and part of the Ascension War, or Luna is IN the Fallen World.

"Ascension War, the: The confl ict between archmasters,
godlike entities and Ascended beings in which the ententes
attempt to promote their rival meanings for the Phenomenal World"

Because it's going to be really fucking hard for her to promote her 'rival meaning' for the phenomenal world from a place where her 'rival meaning' means exactly jack shit to anything, reality included.
>>
>>46267591
I'm beginning to suspect you just ignore anything that doesn't fit your worldview. Not to mention - if the other celestial spirits are in the fallen, including those of higher rank, then why would Luna be sitting in the Supernal?
>>
>>46267562

Sigh... Ignorant troll who clearly doesn't understand the nature of the Supernal (or much else) in the CofD chooses to remain willfully ignorant despite all good faith attempts at help.
>>
>>46267626
"I don't agree but can't actually refute anything that's said. You must be a troll. Sigh. It is so hard that my godlike intellect is ignored. Why does noone ever listen to me?"
>>
>>46267597
>Archmasters, godlike beings, and Ascended beings
She falls under the "godlike beings" heading.

Luna doesn't need to go to all the trouble of Sealing Omens to promote her version of the Phenomenal like some chump Archmaster, she has constant access to the Practice of Transfiguration for anything related to her themes. You know, the "do literally anything" Practice? That lets her do a hell of a lot to "promote her meaning".
>>
>>46267617
Luna's not in the Supernal. The only people in the Supernal are Supernal Beings and Ascended Mages, and those aren't the only participants in the Ascension War. She doesn't need to be in the Supernal to do what she needs to do when she's Rank 8.
>>
>>46267675
Except that they're influences and numina, not actual supernal power. It says that the Gods of Shadow, like Luna and Helios and Gaia all live within the Shadow, not the Supernal.
>>
>>46267597

"Godlike" does not equal Supernal.

Some "godlike entities," such as Luna or Helios, some Deathlords in the Underworld, etc., are unquestionably part of the Fallen World, yet play in the same power class as certain archmasters.

I suggest you try actually reading Mage and the pertinent entries of Dave's 2e spoiler blog. Listening to other people, including Dave, as well as taking your medication, may also prove helpful.
>>
So I heard there was enough compiled Mage 2e materials to cobble together something akin to a game. Any idea where I could find this? I might stich it into a pdf.
>>
>>46267675
>the Supernal underpins literally everything, even all the other realms where other creature types make their niche

>Mages have access to the self-described "do literally anything" power

>Mage fans will still claim that their pet splat doesn't undermine everything else
>>
>>46267711
I suggest you actually do something other than spout ad hominem, since you're never even convinced the shitposter, let alone me. High handed bullshit impresses noone.
>>
>>46267708
The only entities that need access to the Supernal to fight in the Ascension War are Mages.

You keep insisting "But Luna's not in the Supernal!" when that's completely irrelevant.
>>
You know I'm half tempted to make a Mastigos version of Marvin the Paranoid Android.
>>
>>46267754
You've conceded every point I've made so far. Show me the part where she's able to access the supernal. Shit, show me the part where Numina can access the supernal. Because that's what Rank 7+ spirits do. They use numina based on the practices. Or are you implying your average spirit rips between the supernal and the shadow? That a werewolf or a vampire could nip up to kneecap someone?
>>
>>46267730
>Clearly someone who doesn't like their personal views about the CofD challenged, even when they conflict with the canon setting as described by its actual authors and developers over the course of years.
>Also someone particularly sensitive to criticism, likely due to the fact that he really has some diagnosable mental pathology requiring medication. Autism possible.
>Suggest leaving /wodg/ for the "safe space" of rpg.net may be perferable.
>>
>>46267725
>the Supernal underpins literally everything, even all the other realms where other creature types make their niche
The Supernal just tells you what shit is. It's symbols that describe stuff. Everything else IS stuff.

>Mages have access to the self-described "do literally anything" power
Archmages are a distinct template from Mages and are specifically designed to be OP bullshit. Also, as stated, all Spirits of Rank 8 and above have access to said "Do literally anything" power, and few Archmasters actually achieve the ninth Arcanum dot required to get access to that power for one Arcanum. They have to undergo an entire second Seeking, except vastly more difficult and likely to kill them or worse. And then do it again for any other Arcanum they want the Practice of Transfiguration for.

Imperial Mysteries made Archmages OP bullshit, and then made everything else in the book that isn't an Archmage even MORE OP.

>Mage fans will still claim that their pet splat doesn't undermine everything else
Mages aren't Archmages. They're different templates.
>>
>>46267826
>Show me the part where she's able to access the supernal

What does this have to do with ANYTHING?
>>
>>46267842
Going back to ad hominem huh? Good luck with that. Come back when you can show me how spirit numina are actually supernal practices used by mages.
>>
>>46267826
Show me the part where you need to be able to go to or access the Supernal to participate in the Ascension War.

You seem really stuck on this idea that only Mages, Exarchs, and Supernal Gods are in the Supernal, when it has nothing to do with anything.
>>
>>46267850
>Mages aren't Archmages. They're different templates.

And nobody else gets an equivalent, because that would detract from Mage's fun no doubt
>>
>>46267868
>Rank 8: The spirit may achieve anything related to its area of influence, as though it were under the effect of the Practice of Transfiguration.

They're not Supernal Practices. They don't need to be Supernal Practices when they can explicitly accomplish anything and everything the Supernal Practices can. Luna essentially has 9 dots in the Moon, Madness, Change, etc. Arcana, which also includes all effects of 8 dots and below.
>>
>>46267873
Nah, mate, you need to put up or shut up now. Show me how mages shape the fallen using the supernal from the fallen. I'll give you a hint, you can probably win this argument by showing me the other part, like how Luna shapes the supernal using numina. Because that's what rank 8 is. A numina of transfiguration. It doesn't affect the supernal, only the fallen.
>>
>>46267826

Is there really something wrong with you?

Spirits of sufficiently high Rank do not access or use Supernal Powers. *They don't need to.* Their inherent abilities are more than sufficient to deal with archmages, no less minor beings like regular mages.

Imperial Mysteries just patterned the very high level Influences on the Imperial Arcana as an easy shorthand for such entities to be readily used Mage players within an entirely Mage supplement.
>>
>>46267909
>And nobody else gets an equivalent

Well yeah. Except for Vampires, of course, with their Methusalehs.
>>
>>46267932
Is something wrong with you? Serious question. Are you autistic? Because you seem unable to actually give a straight answer. You know, one that actually answers the question asked. But hey, I guess methuselahs are supernal beings now too ,right?

I'm going to go to bed. I'll check for your no doubt scintillating answer on how we're all really stupid heads that answers every point we've brought up.
>>
>>46267913
And for >>46267597
Guess what having access to all the effects of the Practice of Transfiguration does under the heading of Change?

It lets you make any Change you want!

Luna does not need access to the Supernal.
>>
>>46267979
Methusalehs, Maeljin, Celestials, and other powerful entities doesn't need to be Supernal to be players in the Ascension War!
>>
>>46267931
The Supernal is a set of symbols that describes the Fallen. When you change things from the Supernal, the Fallen changes to fit. When you change things from the Fallen, the Supernal changes to fit, otherwise it would no longer describe the Fallen, and would no longer be the Supernal.

QED.
>>
>>46267868
>Come back when you can show me how spirit numina are actually supernal practices used by mages

Let's try this again...

Numina are not Supernal Practices. They are not meant to be, nor do they in any way need to be.

The inherent powers of high Rank spirits are sufficiently powerful that these beings easily are equal (or superior) to archmages, and vastly outclass regular mages.

Powers and abilities need not be connected to the Supernal to be outrageously powerful.
>>
>>46267979

Go to bed, and let the adults who actually read the books and possess reading comprehension skills and a social quotient beyond a ten year old discuss the CofD.

Also, don't forget to take your medication.
>>
>Chariot of Fire:

>With this Numen, a qashmal can whisk a character away, gathering her up in a circle of fire, and depositing her anywhere else in a matter of seconds. Spend four Pyros and roll Power + Finesse. If the qashmal’s passenger doesn’t want to be carried away, she can resist with a roll of Resolve + Stamina + Azoth. If the qashmal succeeds, it lifts its subject up in a spectacular display of screaming wind and lashing fire.

>The wind and fire stop as suddenly as they began, and the passenger is gone. The Elpidos drops its passenger anywhere on Earth, in the material world or in Twilight, seconds later. The passenger has no say in where she is left.

Does the qashmal go with the person when using this power? It says passenger which suggests yes, but the power seems to read like they're just vanished and dumped alone somewhere. If there's no definitive yes/no, educated guesses welcome.

Can a qashmal use this on itself?
>>
>>46254874
Guildhalls for Mummy was dry, and some sections laboured a "ohhh we're sooooo creeeepy" without really explaining how.
>>
File: maya_yam_speak.gif (174 KB, 1077x810) Image search: [Google]
maya_yam_speak.gif
174 KB, 1077x810
So would I need mind AND forces to upload someone's brain to a computer or upload computer data to a brain? Or would I just need mind?
>>
>>46268524

I'd say Mind, Forces, and Matter to get the whole kit and kaboodle.

Mind's role is obvious, Matter arranges the "neurons" in your new writespace, and Forces to govern the electricity or something.

Mind and Matter are definitely necessary, Forces I'm just kind of throwing in because it sounds relevant to electrical stuff.
>>
>>46268524
You'd need mind to create a mind-construct with someone's personality (not their brain, but everything that makes them them, you know). And you need something that allows them to interface with the computer.
There are a few ways you can do that, Forces is one of them. Matter another. But I think the easiest would be to find some kind of Astral entity with a fitting numen, learn how to apply it to your Mind-construct, and let it go.
>>
>>46267531
>archmages of Death have inflicted the curse of vampirism in the past
This just gives me ideas for a Vampire game involving a new Clan springing up as a result of Archmage fuckery
>>
>>46268823
Sure. I intend to have a new Clan rise as a result of demonic fuckery.
>>
>>46268852
Descent Demons or Fallen Demons?
>>
>>46268872
Inferno brand
>>
>>46268880
>>46268872
Yeah. Infernal.
In this particular chronicle the Belial's Brood are right. Vampires are demon-spawn.
>>
>>46268632
>>46268524
Yea, that kind of thing doesn't work well in Mage since it's an inherently dualistic setting - your Mind is most emphatically NOT just neurons firing in your brain, its a separate immaterial thing linked to the Astral.

So you really can't "upload" someone's mind. Though I'd say Mind/Forces would let you, say, record memories to physical mediums, or interface with a computer directly. The entire mind is something that can't be physically stored, though.
>>
>>46268880
>>46268901
Funny really, I think a Bloodline that can place is ts roots in Descent Demons would be interesting, their Discipline lets them steal parts of a persons history by feeding from them, and grants them some Embed-like abilities. I think a downside that might work would be that you weaken the Gears by doing the former.
>>
Holy crap, the Mage shitposting in this thread has reached an all time high. Why does this happen every time anyone talks about Mage? We get it, you don't like Mage. Let us enjoy it still, asshat.
>>
File: nwod-header1.jpg (89 KB, 940x198) Image search: [Google]
nwod-header1.jpg
89 KB, 940x198
Mage bitching is boring, so lets talk about something else.

Like this shit right here. This organisation presumably exists in the WoD/CofD, and yet their acronym is decidedly meta.

The fuck kinda shady shit is going on in their offices?
>>
>>46269784
Operating Nebraska Wastewater.
>>
File: 1360450375480.png (15 KB, 576x504) Image search: [Google]
1360450375480.png
15 KB, 576x504
>>46269784
I'm not saying it's Valk, but

It's Valk.
>>
So I´ve downloaded all the books from the pastebin. Where should I start, aside from the chronicles of darkness book, which I asume is the core rulebook?
>>
>>46269882
Generally it's CoD, in addition to the latest splat of whatever gameline you're interested in.
>>
>>46269882
Read CofD core, Beast: The Primordial and download Immortals for 1e and read that.

then stop. forever.
>>
>>46269882
The Chronicles of Darkness book and then the core of whatever splat you're interested in
If you want Vampire, Demon, or Werewolf, you'll have to look for them specifically, since iirc they aren't in the mega. I recommend 4shared, if you can bare it
>>
>>46269929
>>46270013
Thanks, will do that.
>>
Is there a Mega, Mediafire or similar link that includes the CofD second edition books like Vampire and Werewolf 2e and Demon?
>>
>>46263067
Or Beast.
>>
>>46270076
Demonoid has a torrent collection.
>>
File: Disney.jpg (520 KB, 877x1024) Image search: [Google]
Disney.jpg
520 KB, 877x1024
Disney Princess Mages

Yes/No
>>
>>46270434
No. Because why?
>>
File: Teletubbies.jpg (271 KB, 1024x1280) Image search: [Google]
Teletubbies.jpg
271 KB, 1024x1280
>>46270539
So you agree that they're actually Beasts then
>>
>>46270568
Eh. No?
How did you get to that conclusion?
>>
>>46270434
Dat Tinkerbell doe.

Sounds like a fun idea for a cabal.
>>
>>46270568

Gaston is the archetypical Antagonist hero, apparently. Does that count?
>>
Which splat does this make you think of?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4
>>
Just for fun, if you were going to pick songs to be the theme songs of each of the nWoD/CofD gamelines, what would you pick?

Here's my picks, I've included a few fan games....

>Vampire
"Dragula"-Rob Zombie

>Werewolf
"Werewolves of London"-Warren Zevon

>Mage
"Abracadabra"-Steve Miller Band

>Promethean
"Frankenstein"-Edgar Winter Group

>Changeling
"Fairy Hills"-The Wolfe Tones

>Hunter
"Carry On My Wayward Son"-Kansas

>Geist
"Don't Fear The Reaper"-Blue Oyster Cult

>Mummy
"Walk Like An Egyptian"-The Bangles

>Demon
"The X-Files Theme"-Mark Snow

>Beast
"Welcome to My Nightmare"-Alice Cooper

>Genius
"Weird Science"-Oingo Bongo

>Princess
"Ray of Light"-Madonna
>>
>>46271520
Initially Promethean obviously. But the end was much more Geit obviously
>>
Running my first ever nWoD Vampire game.
Set in LA in the mod 90s.
Any suggestions? I've got the first few missions lined up (mostly influenced by the early missions in Bloodlines)
The overall arch is they get turned against the princes orders. He orders the sires killed but gets the neonates sent to Santa monica.
After a few missions they're brought back to LA and given the freedom of the city.
After that I've only got vague ideas about a split in the Primogen between the old guard and the new guard and a couple of serial killers who are competing.
>>
>>46272073
Needs more LA riots
>>
>>46271556
One of the first character establishing moments my Sin-Eater did was to use the Industrial Boneyard to have every speaker start playing Dead Mans Party.
>>
>>46264503
>you will never bind qt Mages with vinculi to do your bidding and suck your vampire dick

Why even unlive?
>>
>>46272073
Cathayan Cocksucking Concubines are a must, Anon.
>>
>>46272073
Make Pisha romanceable.
>>
Could caine beat goku?
>>
>>46274797
Coukd Goku win?
Caine CAN'T DIE eventually Goku will waiver and fall.
>>
>>46274851
>Caine CAN'T DIE
Doesn't Lilith kill him during gehenna?
>>
>>46274797
Every Spirit Bomb Caine's hit with, Goku's hit with 7. Gotta do something lulzy like send him to Dead Zone or summon God to lift his curses.
>>
>>46275217
Depends on the ending you pick. I'm not sure which Gehenna is considered cannon.
But none the less, in the ending where every vampire except the PC in the world dies, Caine is "brought back" to live by God.
God is a dick
>>
>>46275315

But spirit bombs can't hurt the pure of heart. It'd bounce off Goku.
>>
File: Boone's Farm.jpg (11 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
Boone's Farm.jpg
11 KB, 380x380
So, what do you drink when you play nWoD?

Me, I usually go for the gamer classic Mountain Dew, but every once in a while when I'm the ST, I'll grab a bottle of Boone's Farm. Strawberry Hill bitches!

Here's a song relevant to the conversation and it sums up my feelings perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SotHF_cTpIs
>>
>tfw no Mummy group

being atamajakki is rough
>>
File: Boone's Farm Blue Hawaiian.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Boone's Farm Blue Hawaiian.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>>46276054
Here atamajakki, have yourself some Boone's Farm, courtesy of your old pal Camilla.

atamajakki, you're coming with me down to Boone's Farm!
>>
>>46275959
>>46276197
>Boone's Farm while GM'ing a game

Camilla confirmed for being an alcoholic

Well, at least he's not posting anime or sperging about how great 1e Requiem is and how CofD is ruining his fun. Baby steps I suppose.
>>
>>46275959
Water
>>
>>46276197

The fuck is that. Why is the alcohol blue. Why is the alcohol a color that is not "brown" or "no color".
>>
So, who here likes Changeling? Lost or Dreaming, either one is fine.
>>
So I got my hands on the mummy book, and I have to say I am both intrigued and very confused.

Can anyone give me a suggested reading order or run down of things for the why/what/how of the judges, rite of rebirth, nameless empire, and Arisen? Can the krewe in my Sin-Eater game manage to get to Duat if they go deep enough?
>>
>>46276306
Is it a cooler? Judging by all the fruit on the label it's probably a cooler.
>>
>>46276306
It's dyed blue and probably has a lot of sugar and artificial sweeteners and colors. Boone's Farm is a low-end wine known for its sweet taste, relatively low alcohol content, and cheap price. Because of these factors, it is popular among teenagers and college kids.

Boone's Farm is one step above Mad Dog 20/20, Wild Irish Rose, and Thunderbird, but a step below every other wine.

Camilla confirmed to have shit taste in wine.
>>
>>46275959
I used to do speed and drink vodka when playing it helped me get the vamp paranoia. Now I just sip beer or a G&T
>>
>>46276307
CtD has a really cool concept. I didn't have much fun playing it, though that may have just been because of my GM.
>>
>>46276351
Nah, Boone's Farm isn't really a wine cooler, just a cheapo flavored wine. Think along the lines of MD 20/20 but with a lot lower alcohol content. And a sweeter taste.
>>
>>46276434
>speed and vodka

Damn, that's hardcore. Sounds like it could've been a disaster waiting to happen. Glad you switched to beer.
>>
>>46276307
I like the concepts and themes of CtL, but I've never played it and I don't know anybody who would be willing to run or play it.
>>
>>46276463
Brain fart, meant The Lost.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.