[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Champion Quest: Chapter 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 1
File: Clouds.jpg (281 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Clouds.jpg
281 KB, 612x612
"WAKE!" You hear a voice boom from somewhere near you.

You groggily open your eyes and look around. You are on a round platform somewhere in the Heavens, the ground feels like marble and you slowly get to your feet.

You get up and your eyes start to adjust to the brightness. You see pillars of stone extending from below the clouds, seemingly endless below but with a figure perched atop. Around you stands a pantheon of Gods, each imposing in their own way.

You start to recognize them, around you stand 5 of the 6 primary gods of the realm: Orim, the God of Knowledge and the Arcane; Elrorn, God of Shadows and Trickery; Ibil, Goddess of Warfare and Strength; Illyrie, Goddess of Friendship and Wine. Sitting on a golden pillar, higher than the rest, you see Aldor, God of Change and the Sky.

"Kneel." Aldor did not yell but his voice rumbled through the sky like thunder.

"We are in need of a champion," he booms, "Seriel has fallen, we are in need of a replacement."

Your eyes widen. Seriel was the God of the Seasons, and they wanted you to replace him?

"One of us shall give you our blessing, you may have only one. You will decide whose blessing to take. You are not the only one who has been given this choice."

What do you choose?

>Aldor (+1d to 2 stats of your choosing)
>Illyrie (+2d to Charisma)
>Ibil (+2d to Strength)
>Elrorn (+2d to Dexterity)
>Orim (+2d to Intelligence)

Here are your stats so far:

Level: 1
Int: 1d
Cha: 1d
Str: 1d
Dex: 1d
Health: 2
Defense: 4
Dodge: 4
Fame: 0
>>
>>46236330
>>Aldor (+1d to 2 stats of your choosing)
>>
>>46236330
>>Illyrie (+2d to Charisma)
Time for charm our way to victory.
>>
>>46236330
Ibil.
>>
>Ibil
>>
>>46236330
Ibil, Goddess of Warfare and Strength
>>
Writing
>>
>>46236545
What gender are we or is that to be decided?
>>
>>46236573
Why not just roll for it? 1d2, 1 is male, 2 is female.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>46236639
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>46236639
>>
>>46236639
dice+1d2
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>46236639
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>46236639
>>
"I am gladdened by your decision." Ibil smiles warmly at you.

You feel warm as you approach her, she has an open posture and smiles wider with every step you take.

You are surprised by her manner, this sort of kindness isn't apt of a Goddess of War. Nevertheless, you walk to the edge nearest her pillar and you feel her blessing wash over you.

"You will be strong, my child." She says, "Stronger than any other, but you are not a brute, tell me of yourself."

You can apply +1d to 2 other stats, 3 is the highest stat value for your level. (Also might as well vote for gender here too).

Here are you stats so far:

Int: 1d
Str: 3d
Dex: 1d
Health: 2
Defense: 4
Dodge: 4
>>
2 to Dex, Girl
>>
>>46236700
1 to Dex and Int, Woman.
>>
>>46236700
2 to Dex, Boy.
Isn't there another hero quest that's a girl already?
>>
>>46236700
1 to Int and Cha, Man
>>
>>46236739
What type of quest is this called?
>>
>>46236700
1 CHA
1 STR
Man
>>
>>46236806
Its late and I'm blind, swap that Str with Int
>>
>>46236700
Dex, Int
Female
>>
Writing
>>
>>46236700
Dex,Defense
Man
>>
Ibil smiles once more. "You are quick, in mind and body. This will serve you well in the trials to come. Men of my blessing will need to fight many foes to rise to the top, this applies to you too now."

Here are your stats so far:

Int: 2d
Str: 3d
Dex: 2d
Health: 5
Defense: 12
Dodge: 8

"Go now, in order to gain the favor of all the Gods you must first prove yourself in the mortal realm."

Ibil gestures softly that your time here is ended and you feel your surroundings contort out of reality. You regain your sense and find yourself in a big open field. Rolling hills stretch away from you in every direction.

You see what looks like a busy tent settlement in the distance. Distant figures bustle around and smoke billows from the chimneys of the humble houses.

You also see a thick haze of smoke coming from a different direction, you cannot see anything behind the wall of ash.

Almost beyond the horizon you can see a mountain, stoically piercing the heavens above.

What do you do?
>>
>>46237179
>Go towards the smoke
Find something to RIP AND TEAR
>>
>>46237179
Let's go to the settlement, see what's up
>>
>>46237179
>Go towards the settlement

get to know our area
>>
>>46236908
Defense, Dodge, and Health are not primary stats.
Sorry for the confusion, here is how I calculate them:

Health: Str+Dex
Defense: 4*Str
Dodge: 4*Dex

You take 1 hit point of damage when successfully hit. You are hit if an enemy's attack roll exceeds Defense or Dodge, depending on which is higher. When you are at 0 HP you die.
>>
>>46237266
got a description of our character? a name?
>>
>>46237300
Someone will ask you both as direct questions. I will go with whichever name and bodily descriptors are most common.
>>
Writing
>>
The journey to the settlement is short and without incident. You come upon a settlement which is very clearly populated. The people in the settlement look human, their skin is olive and they are an average size for humans. All of the inhabitants which you can see are wearing plain beige clothes, you notice that you are dressed similarly and you're glad that Ibil didn't send you down in the nude. You stroll into the settlement without so much as a glance from the scurrying inhabitants.

The homes are tents, made from some sort of dark brown hide and rope. There is no pavement on the ground anywhere and a quick glance through an open door shows that there are weapons inside the private residences. You cannot see a barracks anywhere but you do know that these people aren't undefended.

You see people working outdoors for the most part, there is a man and a woman tanning leather, the same color hide as the tents are made from.

There is a large, burly looking man gently singing to the children of the settlement as they gather around him. He sits on a rock while they all crouch in the grass.

You see a short line of 6 or so people outside a very large tent. There is a large plume of smoke coming from the hole in the top of the tent.

You feel that you can talk to these people, if you could get their attention. What do you do?
>>
>>46237668
ask one of the people where we are and see if we can get a map.
>>
>>46237713
Which one?
>>
>>46237798
the guy singing to the children
>>
>>46237865
I'll vote this
>>
Writing
>>
As you walk towards the large man his singing becomes clearer. He holds no instruments and the singing is melodic without having a strict rhythm or chord progression. As you approach you can hear the lyrics clearly.

"And over the hills,
we did see a man,
his face was like that of a horse
and all that he killed,
it was a whole clan!
this monster or man, with no remorse."

The children started to stand up and skip or run off in various directions, you assume this was the end of the song. The man sends a child away as you approach. His face hardens, no doubt recognizing you as an outsider.

"What brings you to our village?" He asked, in a startlingly brusque voice.

What do you do?
>>
>>46238129
"I am apologise for my intrusion. But I have recently escaped from a slaver attack. I have no clue where I am."
>>
>>46238129
"I'm a lost traveler, I'd like to know where I am. Perhaps you can shoe me a map?"
>>
"I'm a lost traveler, I'd like to know where I am. Perhaps you can show me a map?"

The man's expression softens. "I have a map in my home, I'm sure my wife would be happy to make some tea if you'd like to come with me. However, I cannot let a stranger into my home, what do you call yourself?"
>>
>>46238446
I honestly can't think of a namE, I'll Let you decide OP
>>
>>46238446
I am the heart girt with a serpent.

Please show me this map. I would also like to inquire regarding lodgings for the evening.
>>
>>46238446
Mengar Thenn
>>
>>46238446
Attero Dominatum
>>
>>46238628
In case anyone is wondering why such a wierdo name:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bornless_Ritual

It's appropriate given that we're a Bornless Being.

I suggest changing it up time to time. "I am he who the winds fear. I am he who hate the evil that should be wrought in this world. I am he whose mouth flameth. Etc. Etc."

I want to go full supernatural good guy
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

1,2: The heart girt with a serpent
3,4: Mengar Thenn
5,6: Attero Dominatum
>>
>>46238731
I'm happy with that name
>>
"I am Attero Dominatum." You decree.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Attero. I am called Temay, I live right over there with my wife Subo." Temay gestures towards a nondescript tent among the others.

The two of you walk into his tent and are greeted by the smell of food. Temay's wife, Subo, is garnishing a still simmering piece of some sort of meat. Upon closer inspection, you suspect that it is a bird of some sort.

"This is Attero." Temay introduces you. "He would like to see our map."

Subo gives a slight nod of acknowledgement in your direction. She starts boiling some water over the fire in the center of the room.

Temay leads you to a table to the left of where you entered. On the table you can see a simplistic map of the area. Judging from the location of the settlement and the mountain you saw earlier, you are on the southern side of a vast expanse of plains. Curiously, you find that where the wall of smoke you saw earlier was, there is a little marking indicating a castle.

You can see several other settlements on the map, much like the one you are currently in. There is a similar icon to the Northwest but with a star next to it.

What do you do?
>>
>>46238900
Ask if he'd be so kind to provide you with some water so you can ser off towards the castle.
>>
>>46239027
Sorry
*Set
>>
>>46239027
supporting this
>>
>>46238900
>Attero Dominatum
LoL, Seriously surprised that won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IwmYAdgU18

>What do you do?
Get info and supplies I guess.
>>
"I would like to investigate this castle here. Would you be so kind as to provide me with some water?"

Temay's face changes, you can't quite tell what he's thinking. After a few seconds of thought, he responds.

"Of course, I can give you enough water to survive a week in the plains." He pauses to think some more. "I will give you more if you can do me a favor as well."

He continues, "there is a creature in that area. It has attacked distant holds and this one is the closest to our village yet, I fear for our lives."

He breathes in deeply. "I have weapons you can use, food to last a week, and perhaps some basic armor if you'd like. But you need to bring me proof of death for this monster. It has the head of a horse and the body of a man. And I am no fool, you must bring an intact corpse back to this village, I will not be handed the head of a common wild horse."

Temay's eyes sink, "please, I-I'm sure the Elders will repay you if you are successful. The creature killed my daughter years ago and has only grown stronger since."

Do you take the quest?
>>
>>46239294
uhh, what?
>>
>>46239294
>>46239313
Move along folks, this guy is just shitposting on every thread on /tg/.
>>
>>46239278
I'll take the quest. You have my word. I swear on the gods that I will slay the creature.
>>
>>46239294
If you want to have a good time, jine the cavalry, jine the cavalry, jine the cavalry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XquoxxcHmdc [Embed]
>>
>>46239278
>I'll take the quest!
>>
>>46239278
"I swear on that I will avenge your daughter. I will slay that beast. Ibil shall grant me strength. I shall require a sword and some armor. Also some rope would be appreciated."
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.