[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people edition war, /tg/? I understand why people may
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: ADD-PHB.jpg (564 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
ADD-PHB.jpg
564 KB, 1536x2048
Why do people edition war, /tg/?

I understand why people may hate games like 4E D&D or 5E D&D, but why do people feel the need to argue about it on the internet so intensely?
>>
Small dicks.
>>
>>46234949
Huh. I have that book. Never actually used it, though. My uncle gave me it a few years back, along with a stack of other DND books.
>>
>>46234949

because people have a really hard time to imagine things outside their small world build in their minds.

And small dicks.
>>
>>46235081

I have a copy of that in my library!

It's a rough gem.
A lot of good stuff easily missed because of poor organization.

The fact that fighters get to make a number of attacks equal to their level is only mentioned in a sidenote.
>>
File: 435345465.jpg (6 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
435345465.jpg
6 KB, 284x177
cos they got tiny dongs
>>
>>46234949
Because they like to upset people while feeding off their sensitivity.

And small dicks.
>>
>>46235176
>>46235117
>>46235029

What is it about inch-men that makes them so angry, /tg/?

Why can't edition warriors learn to make peace with their little peepees?
>>
>>46234949
They really want at least one some edition of D&D to be good, and the mental gymnastics required to think that for each edition are incompatible.
>>
I've never had sex before so when I see people liking things I don't I feel angry.
>>
>>46235332

because they are to busy shitposting!
>>
People get their egos invested in fandoms. Same phenomena as sports teams. And new editions of D&D tend to be substantially different from the previous one, so there's plenty for grognards to complain about.

Star Trek vs Star Wars and so on.
>>
>>46234949
Some people define their identity by their hobbies.

A criticism of their favorite edition is perceived as an attack on their hobby and by extension an attack on themselves and any fun they've had.
>>
>>46235478
You sound like you have a tiny dick.
>>
>>46234949

>I got BTFO now I'm going to cry about it why can't we all get alonnnggggg

Why do people post these therapy threads? You had a fight on the internet, get over it. Why does 4chan fling shit about literally anything? Each board has its topics and on /tg/ its the edition war. Be happy that /tg/ can be civil about most other subjects. Discussing D&D is fucking passe anyway.
>>
>>46235523
>Discussing D&D is fucking passe anyway.

And yet 80% of all fantasy discussion on /tg/ is either explicitly or implicitly tainted by D&Disms.
>>
>>46235523
>>46235846
> we have tiny dicks
>>
>>46235846

Yeah also the same amount of quest thread bullshit so that says a lot.
>>
>>46235029
>>46235117
>>46235176
>>46235308
>>46235332
>>46235509
>>46235874

How does all this business of dicks explain female edition warriors?

Are they futanari? Demi-futas that enrage because they are not big enough to play with the big futas?

Or would it be just, like, some other female insecurity like I don't know hairy nipples and a lopsided vagina or something?

What drives a woman to hate on D&D editions?
>>
>>46236001
Dick envy.
I mean what dick could be smaller than no dick.
>>
>>46236001
I want to be sexually bullied by small dicked 3aboo futas.
>>
>>46236096
>I want to be sexually bullied by small dicked 3aboo futas.

Every 4rries guilty pleasure?
Why else do they keep making threads? They know the kind of attention they are going to get!
>>
File: guaranteed replies.png (29 KB, 1399x70) Image search: [Google]
guaranteed replies.png
29 KB, 1399x70
>>
>>46234949
Because a new edition means that the older edition will no longer get new official material, most likely.
>>
My favoured edition is unpopular, and when I do get players they often have shitty preconceptions from paying worse editions.
>>
>>46234949
Because people feel threatened and abandoned by things changing, or upset by the idea of all the books they bought becoming unusable, or both.
>>
>>46234949
For the same reason why people argued about the sequels of star wars, hated on Twilight and so on.

It consists of two components
>1. its fun
>2. its part of an inherent consumer revolt against bad products. It is not only about not buying something, it is about letting everyone know that something is shit and that you wont take it.
>bonus reason The people who like it must be told that they are idiots because they are supporting something that hurts an industry your entertainment depends on, partially at least.

That's why people like to support stuff on Kickstarter with hundreds of dollars but complain about triple-A titles costing 70$.
>>
>>46236001
The ego is the inner dick everyone has anon, regardless of gender. The desire to stroke one's ego is so big that one's psyche will use any petty excuse to so, especially edition wars.
>>
>>46239274
Do you realize that your post is a perfect example of the kind of idiotic mental gymnastics we were talking about ITT?

>it's fun
>they are bad products

Neither of these things is A. justified in any way except personal taste B. a decent explanation for the need to share violently your opinion on the internet.
>>
The only time it actually matters though is when new players getting into the hobby are getting bad suggestions. You don't want first-timers to leave with a bad taste in their mouth because of a horrible system.
>>
>>46240953
You also don't (or shouldn't) want first-timers to leave with bad taste because a fucking neckbeard stragner doesn't shut up about the fact that they got the game wrong.
It's happened to me more than once, I always try to get new folks into my games, and often they show up telling me how they were berated by other acquaintances because we were playing edition X instead of Y.
Fucking neckbeards, play games instead of bitching all the time.
>>
>>46241478
>>46240918
>dude, don't eat those burritos, they taste terrible and give you running shits
>FUCKING NECKBEARD I'LL EAT WHAT I WANT IF YOU DON"T LIKE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46242421
Well that's the thing, there has to be a balance and you make sure you're being informative and helpful rather than autistic. I loathe 3.PF, but I try to be reasonable and explain the flaws I find and what I would recommend otherwise rather than going full REEEE.

Unfortunately, I when you're dealing with internet forums and neckbeards you're not as likely to get a reasonable discussion.
>>
>>46234949
Because people have yet to find the joy that is PARANOIA
>>
>>46234949
Because 3.5 is objectively the best edition.
>>
>>46244835
For everything except classic. It is the best special snowflake maker of the editions and if you want a crazy campaign then maybe but other than that it can be awful because of those reasons especially if your DM and group is using it seriously. ToB was weeaboo? It's an entire weeaboo enabling edition anyway and people had the gall to take it seriously.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.