[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
W-where's the sticky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: b14.jpg (65 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
b14.jpg
65 KB, 225x225
Every major board has a sticky to help newfags learn the rules of the content of the board.

How's a scrub like me supposed to get rulebooks, recommended tabletops, learn about game lore and not roll a double zero like I'm doing now without a sticky thread that links to all this necessary startup info?

At this rate, I'll never know the difference between The Eye of the Beholder and a swamp ent!
>>
>>46233804
Simpleton, swamp ents are a myth.

You may, however, be thinking of the oh-so-originally named bogyads.
>>
>>46233804
Lurking helps. I spent months lurking before posting in a world building thread.

Lurk more.
>>
/tg/ is such a diverse board that a sticky like that would be massive and need constant updating.

Just lurk more, OP.
>>
>>46233804
Look for the generals, they have PDFs and shit for the subject, other then that lurk more like I did.
>>
>>46233804
Lurk more and look for generals. Other anons have already pointed it out - the board covers too many topics to have just one sticky thread that can cover everything. Individual generals have the information for their game or system in the OP.
>>
"How to roll dice: "dice+2d6" without the quotes in the email field rolls 2d6. "dice+5d42+23" rolls 5d42+23. "noko+dice+2d6" rolls 2d6 without showing the roll in the email field.

In the rules department, you can look at http://www.4chan.org/rules - all global and board specific rules are in full effect. Apart from that, only two rules are important.

1. BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER.
2. PARTY ON, DUDES. (AND DUDETTES)"

-The Sticky
>>
>>46233804
Okay, OP, let's run through things for you super quick. What kind of /tg/ do you like? Do you prefer board games? Then go to board games general. Do you prefer card games? Find a general for that game, you might be a bit out of luck if you like poker, but you'll probably find something. Do you prefer tabletops? Cool. Wargames or RPGs? Rules heavy or rules light? What genre and tone? If your response is 'huh', then you probably want 40k or D&D, the basic entry points to wargame and RPG, respectively.
>>
is there not a sticky?
check the bottom of the catalog, report back and

>I'll teach you how to greentext faggot
>>
>>46235254
>implying I'm a total newfag to 4chan
Hit chance: 0%

You missed and jabbed yourself in the foot for 2 damage. Well done.
>>
like the other anon said, there's far too much variety on /tg/ for a sticky to really cover what you'd want. it'd need to cover magic, playing d&d, world building and dming in general, board games and tons of other things.
the /vg/ method where each major general has its own sticky opening post works best
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.