[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FORCE OF WILL GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 15
File: Absolute kek zone.png (752 KB, 533x745) Image search: [Google]
Absolute kek zone.png
752 KB, 533x745
Currently the only way I know of to play FoW online is
http://untap.in/
It's pretty easy to get into some of you may already know it for MtG.

Post Deks, Critique Deks, talk about the meta
>>
File: tms-064[1].jpg (79 KB, 344x480) Image search: [Google]
tms-064[1].jpg
79 KB, 344x480
I know that in Magic terms it's just Force Spike, but aggro is so prevalent in this game right now that this card blows people out so hard while costing so little mana that you can still sort of develop your own board behind it. Turn 2 Gretel with this in hand is so damn GOOD.
>>
File: Muse, Celestial of Music.jpg (225 KB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
Muse, Celestial of Music.jpg
225 KB, 1080x1440
Post your full arts, bois

>>46231189
I love it in my 37 spell Vlad
>>
Finally got my Sylvia today, and I just realized my deck would probably work better with Blazer instead. In reality, it would probably be improved more by switching to R/R, but few decks can't say that.
>>
>>46232844
Grindy enter the field triggers are how you beat R/R. Lucifer is a godsend. Just play a deck that can hold off aggro for long enough to start grinding, and then R/R falls apart. Go ahead, bounce Lucifer. Really, be my guest.
>>
>>46232928
Infact, to add to this I'll post my Rezzard list that's perfectly suited to grinding out wins.

>Ruler - Rezzard, the Undead Lord
>Creatures
4x The Executioner
4x Prowler of Niflheim
1x Jeanne d'Arc, Shadow Princess of Purity
1x Soulless Soldier
4x Izanami, the Sealed Terror
3x Dark Faria, Shadow Pincess of Ebony
2x Underground Dragger
3x Fallen Angelic Destroyer, Lucifer
3x Persephone, the Nether Empress
>Non-creature
1x Pitch Black Moon
4x Space-Time Anomaly
3x Call of the Primogenitor
>Regalia
4x Deathscythe, the Life Reaper
2x Artemis, the God's Bow
1x Interdimensional Vessel, Apollo
>Stones
4x Black Moon's Memoria
4x Magic Stone of Dark Depth
1x Little Red, the Pure Stone
1x Grusbalesta, the Sealing Stone

>Sideboard
1x Conqueror of the Black Moon, Gill Lapis
4x Space-Time Collapse
4x The Scorn of Dark Alice
2x Barrier of Shadows
1x Schrodinger, the Fallen Black Cat
1x Glimpse of Kaguya
2x Hera, Goddess of Jealousy

Honestly it needs a copy of Laevateinn, the Demon Sword in place of a Persephone because swiftness on Rezzard is actually maximum kek, but this deck can hold its own against aggro just fine. I haven't tested against R/R aggro but honestly, I'm not worried. The biggest headache against conventional aggro is dealing with their ruler, and Refrain doesn't attack so whatever. R/R does nothing against my shit. By the time it's hit the board, it's too late for your creatures.
>>
File: 20160324_213226.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160324_213226.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>46231216
>full arts
>>
>>46232844
G/R Sylvia is just great atm, worse comes to worse side into reflect or do reflect into sylvia for a more aggro build since why would they side in sycthes for reflect.
>>
Can anyone help me build a beefy Green deck?
>>
>>46233814
Only green beef deck I like is machina ramp.
>>
>>46233951
What is in that deck?
>>
>>46234385
machina
4x elvish priest
4x gretal
3-4x dark machina
2-3x marybell
3-4x mechanical sprite
3-4x clockwork soldier
3-4x clockwork scout
4x wall of wind
4x magic screw
2x foment of world tree
1-2x march of the machine lord
10x wind stone
I dont have a decent side build but it was gonna be like portal of truth, sign to the future, more control spells etc.
>>
>>46231189
Why does Green get almost everything?
>>
anyone help be with my machina control deck?

Machina

-resonator-
4x fake wall
4x clockwork soldiers
2x gretel
2x clockwork scout plane
2x mechanical knight
3x dark machina
1x imitation dragon
2x Marybell, ISAM

-spells-
2x marybell regalia
4x tunder
2x stone to death
4x xeexs
3x absolute cake zone
3x flames of the outer world
1x March of the machine lord

-stones-
4x R/G stones
4x B/G stones
2x Wind stone
>>
>>46235886
because the game tried to solve a problem in mtg but over compensated. in mtg blue has everything and green gets big creatures
>>
File: 1427694692704.jpg (135 KB, 666x1023) Image search: [Google]
1427694692704.jpg
135 KB, 666x1023
You guys have a good Chtulhu list? Posted in last thread but no one answered. Basically, is there many archetype possible with the cthulhu cards? They interest me the most (I dont know much about the game yet but love the theme for those) and so wanted to start there.
>>
>>46233320
Hope you pulled that.
>>
>>46230865
>Force of Will
This looks like Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh got together and had a baby. Not necessarily in a bad way, either.

So is it any good, or are there just two or three functional decks and everything else is a joke?
>>
>>46236886
i think its pretty good. stole the best things from mtg, ygo, and HS.

a good number of decks and a fledgling community so most netdecks are only slightly better than most homebrews.
>>
>>46236735
Cthulhu isn't really a viable full-deck theme, but you can run a select package of them as a solid core of a deck. It's going to be a Black/Red removal strategy since one of the two super good Cthulhus is B/R. My gut says to run Gill Lapis because he likes sucking up all your mana in the mid-late game, and you can cast your Cthulhus without paying mana as long as you've got enough cheap sacrificial chumps.

Ruler: Conqueror of the Black Moon, Gill Lapis / Gill Lapis, The Primogenitor

Mainboard:
(Creatures)
4x Rasputin (Recyclable incarnation fodder)
4x Mozart (Incarnation fodder + Removal)
3x Dark Faria (Early lifelink, midgame removal)
3x Nyarlathotep (Best Cthulhu)
3x Hastur (Second-best Cthulhu, not best because he isn't a cute girl)
2x Yog-Sothoth (Third best Cthulhu, can BTFO your opponent if they don't have hard removal)
3x Lucifer (Flying+Lifelink+Removal+Fat body)

(Non-creature spells)
3x Call of Primogenitor (Graveyard recursion and creature tutor)
4x Thunder (Literally Lighting Bolt)
4x Flame of Outer World (Instant-speed uncounterable removal)
3x Space-Time Collapse (Removal)
3x Illusory Demonic Globe, The Earth (Makes your ruler go)
1x Pitch Black Moon (Graveyard manipulation, also your Ruler digs it out for free)

Stone deck:
4x Scorched Bales
4x Black Moon's Memoria
2x Whatever the fuck you want
>>
File: 1410835073551.jpg (26 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
1410835073551.jpg
26 KB, 525x481
>>46237429
thanks for the description and mini-description of each card. I'll look them up.
>>
you can play FoW on OCTGN, its easy as hell but doesnt have enough players
>>
Just made an account on untap.in, preparing a deck. Anyone wanting to help me learn what the fuck to do?
>>
>>46238619
Sure, what's your username
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>46231216
Pulled this yesterday when my local finally restocked in TTW. She seems pretty good, but mostly I'm just happy to snag a full art ruler and I'm at a ruler shortage so I'll take what I can get.
>>
Is there like a resource websites for decks and shit yet? I want to upgrade my green starter deck (Pricia and 4 sacred beasts) and get a template for a R/G Sylvia aggro.
>>
File: Bfr01Lr.jpg (1 MB, 3096x4128) Image search: [Google]
Bfr01Lr.jpg
1 MB, 3096x4128
>>46238711
Shit looks nice man
>>
New to this. Do I need to double sleeve foils? I heard that the cards are made a lot more durable and don't curve as much.
>>
>>46238966
The cards are made of a thicker, more plasticy stock than something like MtG. One sleeve is probably fine but it can't hurt to throw an extra sleeve on full arts or cards you really care about, if you're terribly worried.
>>
>>46238966
One sleeve is fine probably, the only issue I've had with FoW cards is that their edges damage super easily compared to MTG cards (which is solved entirely by sleeves), but they don't seem to bend like MTG foils do.
>>
Mothmoth here, did our game freeze up?

>>46238966
>>46239010
>>46239051
Foils definitely warp but it's a lot more uncommon than in MTG. I haven't doubled sleeved anything and run into no problems.

>>46238917
Those beautiful things jumped up to $20.
>>
>>46239273

Apostate here, yeah it froze.

I'm gonna turn in for now, I have to wake up in four hours for work so I can pay for 3 more Pricias
>>
>>46239312
Wrong thread? Because FoW is jap made who give no fucks and will put torpedo tits on the chicks.
>>
>>46239382
Nigga's spamming. Does it everytime his ban expires
>>
>>46239395
But won't that just get him banned again?
>>
>>46239312
If you want to have a good time, jine the cavalry, jine the cavalry, jine the cavalry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XquoxxcHmdc [Embed]
>>
>>46239312
This reminds me though, in regards to characters in fiction changing.

What's up with Kaguya's redesign for TMS? She's been in like what, 6 sets now? And up until now has always looked the same, like how she's usually portrayed. So why's she a magical girl all of the sudden?
>>
>>46239411
He's a spammer, He doesn't care
>>
>>46239439
Interdimensional travel is a helluva drug.

I'm shaky on Grimm-cluster lore, but I think the world featured in that block got destroyed and the surviving good-guys abandoned ship to Seven Kings land.
>>
>>46239439
Kaguya is a fairy tale summoned by Scheherazade (or was it Fiethsing?) forever ago, her story can be found here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tale_of_the_Bamboo_Cutter

She is fucking immortal and sacrificed herself at the end of the Grimm cluster to turn all the Cthulhu into humans. Needless to say she was reborn and raised by Zero and Fiethsing.

>>46239526
Nah the Grimm world should be fine, Kaguya came here because everybody knew Alice was coming to SKL to fight Blazer and meet the Primogenitor, who destroyed Earth and is an asshole. Kaguya came to assist Alice.
>>
>>46239620
I understand now, thanks. I got in just after the end of SKL, so while I was able to pick up the gist of what went down in the Grimm cluster, I missed a few details. I guess that explains why she's white/green now instead of pure white or blue.

I really wish the website kept the lore stuff in a bigger archive so I could read back on all this.
>>
>>46239701
It's all there, just find the toolbar to the right and under story find the furthest back. It's a bit clunky.
>>
So is there another set to come in this block or is it straight to Vingolf 2.0?
>>
>>46240678
Yup, next set is Battle for [unpronouncable world name], presumably the final showdown between the faggy forces of Alice and Friends, and the manly and sexually attractive forces of Gill Lapis.
>>
Is Alice a lesbian?
>>
>>46241361
Doubtful. Valentina tries really REALLY hard to add her to her lesbian harem, and there's no way anyone could resist those tits unless you just weren't into them.
>>
Are they ever going to make new starter decks at all? And is the Green Starter deck that's out now pretty decent to start with?
>>
>>46241604
White > Green > Black > ???

The black one is better than most give it credit for, especially with just a couple changes.
>>
>>46241674
What's so good about the white one?
>>
>>46241778
1 mana 5/5 fliers, 5 mana for a 10/10 and 8/8 flier that gain you life, addition field that's basically removal at the same time as pumping your field, God's Art that ends the end. The green one is the only one that can give it any game.
>>
>>46241817
>1 mana 5/5 fliers
1 mana 12/12 fliers I mean.
>>
>>46241604
>Are they ever going to make new starter decks at all?
They release a new wave of starter decks around the start of every Cluster, so expect to see new starters and Vingolf2.0 around September.
>>
>>46241941
Any idea what they're going to be for those?

Also, where's the best place to preorder booster boxes, and they don't charge for that till the order ships right?
>>
Trying to build a black/green/red midrange with Gill Lapis

Shenanigans with Black Moon and Exploding Pricia, as well as Gill Lapis and his 14/14 ass

Featuring Zero and Fiethsing to fuck with aggro and Gwiber

Anyone have a good list to beat out R/R?
>>
>>46242605
Anyone happen to know?
>>
>>46245447
They haven't been revealed yet, and the second question depends on the website

If you can't afford to pay for it now, then just wait until you do, the next set doesn't come out for 3 months yet
>>
>>46246545
Just don't know what the precedent is for ordering booster boxes since I've never really bought them before. Don't believe some places will charge till it ships, but it'd be kind of weird if they did this early.
>>
So what exactly is the Willpower System? Are they going to mail me promos or something if I buy enough boosters to rank up?
>>
>>46247059
No idea, the prizes have been announced but this is the first period for the points, so we'll see
>>
>>46247172
>>46247059

First period ends in August, and according to the app you can get up to 12 PR cards from getting an A rank with it.
>>
>>46237429
I much prefer my Cthulhu combo list. You spend turns 1 and 2 dropping high power, high utility, or swiftness one drops like Hunter in Black Forest, Cthugha, Rukh Egg, and Ebony Devil. Turn three you play Pumpkin Witch, and proceed to OTK your opponent by chaining incarnations together and swinging over and over flying. The deck used to be "only good when it goes off," but since Rukh Egg and Reflect came out, the ability to filter out cards you don't need and search for your combo pieces has made it incredibly consistent. If they don't counter your Pumpkin Witch (and if you're concerned about that you can wait a turn before comboing off to use Refrain's counter ability) and if they don't kill more than 1 of the 3 dudes you play turns 1 and 2, it's a turn 3 kill nearly every game.

Also, anybody want to play on Untap? Username is Aptraptor. Wanting to test out this UB Seer deck a bit more.
>>
File: CASHire.jpg (43 KB, 396x309) Image search: [Google]
CASHire.jpg
43 KB, 396x309
WOAH A FOW THREAD!
NEAT!
>>
>>46247451
The Pumpkin Witch list has gotten ridiculous lately, I'm surprised it took people so long to abuse it this hard.
>>
Going to be buying the Pricia green starter deck, and wanting to know what are some cards I could look at adding in it and such?
>>
>>46250282
Bump.

I also just got Pricia yesterday and would like some advice.
>>
>>46250282
Pricia's Call to Action, the new Kujata Ox and Pricia, Beast Queen in Hiding and maybe that new Huanglong.
>>
File: Heavenly Instrument, Hydromonica.jpg (822 KB, 2382x3000) Image search: [Google]
Heavenly Instrument, Hydromonica.jpg
822 KB, 2382x3000
I can't tell you boys how happy I am there's actually people to post in my threads

Together, all 5 of us can make a difference.

>>46250282
Consider wall of wind
>>
>>46247451
>You spend turns 1 and 2 dropping high power, high utility, or swiftness one drops like Hunter in Black Forest, Cthugha, Rukh Egg, and Ebony Devil.

So what happens when they utter the dreaded words "ok, I Thunder/Demonflame/Rapid Decay it" twice in a row?

I've tried Pumpkin Witch combos like that before, and they inevitably eat shit and die to anyone running efficient removal.
>>
I want to fuck Piruruk.
>>
I need a Light Deck.
>>
>>46254134
I recommend not using sleeves to save on weight.
>>
>>46230865
>only way
It's also available on OCTGN and their last update was at the beginning of march.
>>
So I'm pretty interested in this game as a bit of time sink and alternative when I'm bored of MTG's bullshit. Is it lively enough to play online? I'm already pretty well invested in MTG, so physically picking it up will be pretty damn expensive, not to mention that it doesn't seem to be all that successful in my area.
How difficult is deckbuilding (as a former YGO/DM player and current MTG player)? The mechanics don't seem too different from the other games and a bit of a mix, so I guess I'll be alright with them.
>>
>>46255459
Not until they make an official digital version.
>>
>>46255459
Deckbuilding is about the same honestly. It's different, but about the same difficulty. Just remember to play Reflect and you're golden.
>>
>>46255501
So probably never? I checked out >>46255023
's advice and the OCTGN version seems relatively complete. Has almost 900 cards in it and feels a lot cleaner than untap.
If anyone's willing to give me a bit of a tutorial while testing out their client, I'd be happy to do so.
>>
File: 1458745411189.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1458745411189.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>46254134
I think holos weigh more, but I'm not sure.

I'd recommend using a scale
>>
File: 456=-96.jpg (118 KB, 653x900) Image search: [Google]
456=-96.jpg
118 KB, 653x900
>>46256668
>>
>>46254134
Should I just get the Light Starter Deck and just build from there or should I just build my own?
>>
>>46258743
Depends on what you want to do. 4 Artemis is a good start for any deck.
>>
>>46255023
This plays surprisingly well. How did I not see this mentioned before?
>>
>tfw want Acrylic Sylvia
>tfw the closest AGP is giving Alice Saint of Healing

At least Rhode Island won't be as packed as Vegas.
>>
Is there any chance for a decent evolve deck?
I like the mechanic, but it is so damn expensive
>>
>>46259959
You could do it with 4x Pricia, Beast Queen in Hiding, the usual will ramp guys, and maybe Adombrali for the 5 effects. Also use that new 1 drop that gives swiftness and target attack to a resonator for the turn since most Evolution resonators are beasts.
>>
>>46260013
what are the usual will ramp guys?
>>
>>46260054
Elvish Priest, Wind Sprite, Moonbreeze Elf, Fiethsing, and Gretel if you play all wind stones.
>>
>>46235108
>>46236201
Enjoy losing to Tsuki Noble
>>
Been playing since seven kings, but I'm interested in attending more competitive events and possibly tournaments. Are there any good resources for discussing / learning about the current meta, and efficient deck building?

Also should I take it easy till September? It feels kind of foolish to buy expensive grimm cluster staples, like Cheshire, only for them to rotate out within six months.

Nice to see that FoW threads are getting off the ground now instead of dying to the barrage of quest/best primarch/MtG threads.
>>
I'm a complete noob to this game so naturally I thought "Let's build braindead mono-red aggro!"
Did I do well enough (on paper)?

Apostle of Creation/Cain, Traitor of the Gods
Hunter in Black Forest x4
Caldera-Born Dragon x2
Flash of Demon Sword x2
Apostle of Cain x4
Eden, the Crimson Garden x2
Jabal, the Grandsire of Nomads x4
Flame King's Shout x3
Gilles de Rais, the Golden Dragon x1
Cthuga, the Living Flame x4
Murderous Snowman x2
Burn to Cinders x4
Thunder x4
Jubal, the Grandsire of Musicians x4

Unyielding Flame's Memoria x3
Little Red, the Pure Stone x1
Milest, the Ghostly Flame Stone x1
Fire Magic Stone x5

Please be gentle, I'm just learning this shit for now and am well aware how retarded pure aggro builds in everything are.
>>
>>46260379
There aren't any real good places for discussion yet other than the facebook group, but they are pretty bad if I'm being honest. I would get cheap Grimm stuff that you would need for decks and avoid stuff like Cheshire Cat unless you need it for an event.

I'm thinking of trying to put together a Discord group for FoW just to try and get somewhere to discuss the game more actively.

>>46260390
Go with something more like this:

Cain
4x Ruhk Egg
4x Flame Sprite
4x Lancelot
4x Cthuga
4x Athena
4x Thunder
4x Split Heaven and Earth
2x Flame King's Shout
4x Laevateinn
2x Purifying Fire

20x Fire Magic Stone

Your best play is turn 1 Ruhk Egg into Cthuga to search out Lancelot for turn 2.
>>
>>46260390

no Rukh Egg / 10

See if you can add these.

>Rukh Egg

pure goodness, this + Cthuhga or Guinevere are what make Red_Deck_Wins win. Search out a Lancelot, a Blazer, your Gilles de Rais, or even another rukh egg if you still have Guinevere.

>Guinevere

pops Rukh Egg, draws, can also pop itself or a Hunter in Black Forest

>Lancelot

swiftness beater that can buff itself.

The truth is if you're running red aggro you might was well have other colors ontop of it. Sylvia is a great ruler and lets you run things like Rapid Growth and Pricia, Pursuant of the exploding flames, which are way too good to pass up
>>
>>46260462
>>46260503
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it tomorrow.
>>
>>46260462
Cool I'll try to keep an eye on these threads for that Discord group info. Also I'd like some opinions, if you'd be so kind, on a G/R Sylvia aggro deck that's a WIP. It has a heavy dragon theme.

4x Rukh Egg
4x Slutevere, the Whore Queen
4x Whelp Drake
3x Flame King's Shout
4x Sylvia Clanmate
2x Draig
2x Beast Queen Counter Attack
2x Laevateinn
2x Leaves of Yggdrasil
3x Rewriting Laws
2x Beastly Attack
2x Ame-no-Habakiri
3x Caldera Born Dragon
2x Flamewing Wyvern
4x Flame Dragon Commandant
3x Sylvia's Roar
2x Barrier of Flame
1x Pricia, Pursuant / Athena
7x Fire stone
3x Wind stone

Obviously Rukh Eggs and Guin are standard affairs, and I feel 4 commandants / whelps are justified seeing as this is a dragon heavy deck. I feel the need to cut down on Clanmates seeing as the only really exist for synergy and Sylvia judgement. Cards that I know need to be reevaluated/cut are Habakiri, Flamewing, and Barrier. I also want more Pricia and Athena. Thoughts though?
>>
>>46260882
Discord Group: https://discord.gg/0njPQF01U5Esvlkg

and I would personally go more like this for Dragons

4x Ruhk Egg
4x Guin
4x Cthuga
4x Pricia, Pursuant
4x Sylvia Clanmate
4x Flame Dragon Commandant
4x Whelp Drake
2x Gilles De Rais
4x Rapid Growth
4x Thunder
2x Sylvia's Roar or Demon King's Shout

6x Fire Stone
4x Magic Stone of Blasting Waves

Pricia and Cthuga are kind of a must have in Sylvia decks now since it can be an instant 1700 damage. The only thing that will really hurt is the Susanoo side deckers, but thats a risk with any deck that runs dragons.
>>
>>46261024
Susanowo is a necessary evil in the times of turn 2 double Gwiber and Adombroli Alice's World decks. Not sure if I should feel like a monster for throwing that deck together or not, but fuck me if it isn't a blast.
>>
>>46261024
Noted. I understand the importance of cthuga, and giles de rais for the immediate meta. Just trying to keep my options open in regards to the Alice cluster as that will be the primary card pool in 6 months.

Thanks for the group info too.
>>
>>46261152
>turn 2 double Gwiber and Adombroli
How? I could only get 2-3 Gwibers out on turn 2 in Musketeers.
>>
>>46261240
The way I did it was turn 1 elvish priest into turn 2 Morgiana off of priest, Cheshire cat off of a stone, drop adombroli incarnating priest and cat, produce light from enter ability and cast a gwiber off of it and then a second off of my second stone.
>>
>>46259176
What place is giving it away ?
>>
>>46261287
Gwiber is errata'd to only have a cost reduction for creatures you control that entered your field that turn. You can't use incarnations.
>>
>>46261786
hed have adombrali and cheshrie to meet requirements
>>
>>46236201
Bump for help

>>46260135
Why? I only have 2 creatures that have activated abilities, who are already straight beaters
>>
>>46261862
You can't sac the creatures that entered pay before you cast gwiber.
>>
>>46261938
he cast three resonators that turn and banished one of them, so gwiber still sees two that entered
>>
I'm in the middle of selling off and otherwise getting rid of all my Magic cards because I play Netrunner and Star Wars LCG and haven't really played Magic in a while.

What does Force of Will do that Magic doesn't? I must confess, I like the aesthetic and the idea of using a separate deck for your lands, but from what I've seen it looks like the differences are mostly superficial and don't really inspire me to rush out and buy some product. The elimination of lifebreak takes away one more unique element of the game, too, though perhaps that's for the best.
>>
>>46262334
Draw before untap, creatures attack individually, powerful red creatures and good creatures with flash, green is the counterspell color, while basically every color has some means of draw, decades of foresight so no obvious retarded shit like Hermit Druid and infinite combos are nigh impossible.

Rulers really change up the game and shit is super cheap so if you like the art go for it.
>>
>>46262334
>Draw before untap lets you do tricky shit with more mana in one turn
>Sets are smaller and almost everything is playable, so a single booster box is enough to build a competent deck
>Decision trees are much bigger due to you having the option of either making a land or using your ruler
My LGS plays more FoW than MtG these days. The game's only problem is Reflect being straight up better than every other ruler in the game.
>>
>>46261240
>T1
Wind Sprite
>T2
Cheshire Cat, Familiar of Holy Wind, tap Wind Sprite for W to cast a Gwiber, sac Cheshire Cat and Familiar to Adombrali, make W and draw a card, cast another Gwiber, sac Wind Sprite and Adombrali to another Adombrali, make W and draw a card, cast another Gwiber

You can literally have 3 Gwibers and Adombrali down turn 1 without needing a ruler. Reflect is the best for doing this though because it draws you through to the cards you need.
>>
Six Sages-based Ruler when? I love how gimmicky they are and kind of want to build a deck around them.
>>
>>46263917
You mean twelve apostles, right?

>Ouroboros
>Behemoth
>Phoenix
>Adombrali
>Leviathan
>Ziz
>Athena
>Valentina
>Izanami

What does it all MEAN?
>>
>>46264030
there's six sages AND 12 Apostles
>>
>>46264053
I know, but I'd rather have a twelve apostle one because apostles are giant monsters and shit.
>>
>>46264070
they are pretty awesome looking, Adombrali is my favorite because hes a fucking old one looking motherfucker
>>
>>46264103
I'm running a couple copies of Behemoth in my Reflect beasts. Dropping it then using Pricia's Call to Action tends to blow people's dicks apart.
>>
>>46264070
I'd accept a ruler for both groups, really. It's just that the Sages also have a mechanical connection to each other.

Unless, of course, they can combine the Apostles' "big fat eldritch and monstrous creature" gimmick in a pleasant and interedting way, as I can't really see any connection between them aside from each one having abilities that are representative for their color.
>>
So, how good would an Yggdrasil deck with Addition focus be, using the Oz creatures?

I gave it a test drive just now and it seems to actually do what it's supposed to do.
>>
Should I make it a point to just collect all the Rulers just in case, or is it really not worth it?
>>
>>46266309
Collect everything and then make the perfect Overlord Valentia deck to show yor bling with.
>>
>>46266410
Swinging Valentina for 3700 turn 3 is a blast. I second the Valentina motion.
>>
Anyone know a good deck for Pierce building/stacking?
>>
File: kayuga-j-ruler.jpg (139 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
kayuga-j-ruler.jpg
139 KB, 650x400
Could I get some advice on this deck I put together? Im still relatively new to this game so im not sure how great it is.
Ruler: Friend from another world, kaguya
Stones: 1x wind 1x light 4x gusting skies 4x moonbreeze's memoria

1x Avatar of the Seven Lands, Alice
3x Izanagi, Keeper of the Seal
3x Tsukuyomi Noble
2x Interdimensional Vessel, Apollo
2x Luminescent Bamboo Bullet
3x Wind Sprite
4x Moonbreeze Elf
4x Shining Strike
4x Seal of Wind and Light
2x Wall of wind
4x Timekeeper Elf
2x Wind Secluded Refuge
2x Holy Moon of Pure Nights
1x Marybell, the steel doll
1x Deathscythe, the life reaper
2x Cresent Moon Magician
>>
>>46270352
You should replace the basic stones with Magic Stone of Moon Light since it starts off as a wind stone and becomes a Wind/Light stone the minute you hit Gusting Skies or Moonbreeze. I'd say drop Alice and Timekeeper Elf for Gwiber and Lunar Ibis.
>>
I've kinda been looking into getting into a card game for something to do on fridays. There's a local store that hosts events for this, how easy is the game to get into? Are aggro style decks viable?
>>
>>46270991
Alright thanks for the help!
>>
>>46271207
No problem, just remember you can rest Wind Sprite/Moonbreeze Elf to pay for Lunar Ibis and use its awakening to unrest the Sprite/Elf for extra will.
>>
>>46271234
Oh and do you think I should run 1 gwiber and 4 lunar ibis or 2 gwiber 3 lunar or some other combination?
>>
>>46271310
I'd go 4 Lunar and 2 Gwiber dropping Izanagi to 2.
>>
>>46271339
Alright sounds like a plan
>>
>>46271185
Im not an expert on how good decks are right now but I came in from mtg and after a few games I got the hang of it
>>
>>46271185
The game is really easy to get into and Aggro decks are pretty much top tier.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.