[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hear a lot of differing information on space marines. Are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 1414020006472.jpg (171 KB, 572x800) Image search: [Google]
1414020006472.jpg
171 KB, 572x800
I hear a lot of differing information on space marines. Are they chemically castrated or not? Sometimes they seem totally focused on duty and ignore women, but then you have like the Space Wolves who save a city only to use all of the prostitutes for weeks and blueball the Guardsmen who held the line before they showed up.
>>
Depends on the author
>>
Depends on the chapter
>>
Progenoids are gonads reabsorbed into the body.
And even then Space Marines are hardcore hypnoidoctrinated murder machines with only a vague concept of life outside killing and training for killing. The only ones that give a fuck about women are Space Wolves because they are mary sues.
>>
>>46226812
>The only ones that give a fuck about women are Space Wolves because they are mary sues.

That's exaggerated. The only source for that is the Space Wolves series where once or twice a character remarked that a woman was good-looking, and it wasn't in a manner of infatuation of breeding nature or whatever, it was just a remark to describe their appearance.
>>
>>46226851
Both Lukas and Russ himself personally remark on banging multiple women.
>>
>>46226886
I'm gonna need quotes.
>>
>>46226886
Where do you find women big enough to handle those dude without being ripped apart? Or do they have a (comparatively) micro penis?
>>
>>46226935
The new codex mentions Lukas "sharing the beds of multiple women in a single night" or some shit in his entry.
>>
>>46227006
He was also a legend among Fenris's womenfolk apparently, before he became a Space Wolf.

So that raises even more questions.
>>
>>46226954
>Where do you find women big enough to handle those dude without being ripped apart?
Its not that hard. Women don't need to be bigger; they just need some practice.
Trust me, I've seen some shit.
>>
>>46227035
I feel like that part came after he was a marine, but I don't have a copy of the book on hand and I don't feel like hunting it down.
>>
File: IDontUnderstand.png (416 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IDontUnderstand.png
416 KB, 640x480
>>46226954
Well, they could probably be like gorrillas in terms of penis/body ratio.

The strength of a Space Marine is a bigger issue, though. I feel like there'd be a lot of accidental deaths.

>>46227006
If true, that's really stupid.

>>46227035
Well, 14~ is probably adulthood on Fenris.
>>
>>46227063
You're right. Checking the 5th edition codex where the line is originally from, his sharing the bed with a dozen women in a single night and being a legend among womenfolk is only in the past tense. With no mention of before being a Space Marine or not.

He also locked a bunch of Inquisitors in a pen with a herd of horny grox.
>>
File: 1458561100014.png (300 KB, 469x540) Image search: [Google]
1458561100014.png
300 KB, 469x540
>>46227162
>He also locked a bunch of Inquisitors in a pen with a herd of horny grox.
Oh Lukas. Such a trickster, that guy.
>>
>>46226812
>And even then Space Marines are hardcore hypnoidoctrinated murder machines with only a vague concept of life outside killing and training for killing.

This is the most important part. They're literal war autists that spend every hour of every day training for or engaged in battle. Their every drive and urge, their very body chemistry, has been bent toward that single end. It's like asking what a draft horse thinks of female jockeys -- it's so far outside of their frame of reference it's entirely immaterial.

Also, chem gelding is a costed option in DW. Therefore, some but not automatically, depends on chapter doctrine, YMMV, batteries not included.
>>
Space Marines have fully functional reproductive equipment, it isn't shrunk, if anything it's increased in size according to the book the Emperor's Gift.

However, Space Marines do not feel desire. They have no sexual urges as to them the pleasures of the flesh are immaterial. The only thing they desire in life is to serve and die for the Emperor to better humanity. To them, pleasure is ripping apart Xenos and drinking the thrill of battle while hopped up on Space PCP.
>>
>>46227539
Honestly they can probably use it as a weapon somehow
>>
>>46227006
>>46227035

sometimes you just need to be an even bigger mary sue I guess
>>
>>46227162
Slaanesh would be proud.
>>
File: republic commando.jpg (100 KB, 750x427) Image search: [Google]
republic commando.jpg
100 KB, 750x427
>>46227705
>>
>>46228082
its alright. He is genetically resistant to chaos :^)
>>
They bum each other for dat unit cohesion
>>
File: Citizen.jpg (54 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Citizen.jpg
54 KB, 250x250
>>46226711
>i literally cannot stop posting about dicks
>this is tg related

dickposter pls go
>>
>>46227071
>Well, 14~ is probably adulthood on Fenris.

this is the stupidest shit about space marines. with hormone therapy you can practically turn a woman into a man - and vice versa - in all but reproductive organs.
space marines could easily take grown men - men in their 20s at least - and turn them into astartes via their gene-tech and hormone injections.
the only benefit of recruiting kids is the thing about child soldiers are more receptive to indoctrination, and even that could be fixed by mind-wiping the guy.

it's much better to choose young adults that already have skills and combat experience that also proved themselves to be psychopaths, than just recruit seemingly better than than average kids and hope for the best.
>>
>>46230895
point is, Lukas was probably at least 18 when he was snatched up by the wolf priests. old enough to develop his shitty attitude he's so famous for
>>
>>46230895
>space marines could easily take grown men - men in their 20s at least - and turn them into astartes via their gene-tech and hormone injections.

They can, but they don't do this because it's more difficult. They did it with Luther and Kor Phaeron.

The younger you are, pre/start of puberty preferably, the more you can nurture the geneseed via your growth phase, and the safer the already highly unsuccessful procedure becomes.

It's like playing Russian roulette. Do you want 1 round in the chamber or 5? You can do it with 5, but why would you? That's what you're asking. There's no fucking advantage to taking a 20 year old who has more shit you need to recondition who makes it harder to implant when you could have fresh blank slate kids. It's the reason the military won't even take you if you're too old.
>>
>>46230895
>it's much better to choose young adults that already have skills and combat experience that also proved themselves to be psychopaths

This is why chapters who are into that sort of thing choose kids who have skills and combat experience that also prove themselves to be psychopaths. They all get brainwashed with hypnotherapy anyway. You know nothing about the fluff that's why you're so flabbergasted.
>>
>>46227162
>He also locked a bunch of Inquisitors in a pen with a herd of horny grox.
Inquisitors are, in general, pretty hardcore individuals. Wouldn't the end result of that 'hilarious prank' be a whole herd of grox that the local human population relied upon to survive being slaughtered in self-defense, leading to countless deaths by starvation in the months to come?
>>
>>46226886

Primarchs are likely different from Space Marines.

>>46231960

I could see an Inquisitor getting killed by a grox.
>>
>>46232125
>I could see an Inquisitor getting killed by a grox.
I guess the ones that interact with Space Wolves could, since they seem to have become the disposable mooks of choice for hyping up that chapter.
>>
>>46232164

Grox are dangerous creatures and not every Inquisitor is a combat monster.
>>
>>46231070
>They can, but they don't do this because it's more difficult. They did it with Luther and Kor Phaeron.

which makes no sense from a biological standpoint. in Prospero Burns they take full-grown men, and they even rejuvenate and enhance an old man to a non-astartes post-human being.
also, Kor Phaeron was already an old man by the time they enhanched him, and Luther was also probably in his 40s.

>This is why chapters who are into that sort of thing choose kids who have skills and combat experience that also prove themselves to be psychopaths. They all get brainwashed with hypnotherapy anyway.

this is bullshit. even the most badass kids are shitty. in a warrior culture that breeds hard fighting men, how do you select the worthy crop, when the kids can't compete with the adult fighters? even the most competent of kids will fall behind the battle tested men.
and don't give me that shit that they even take the kids to battle. that shit doesn't happen. even the child crusades only happened because they had no more fighting men left to send to war.
if that happens on a feudal world, the warrior culture just failed anyway.
kids are just shitty. I was training in martial arts from my childhood, and looking back, I can appreciate how little that meant. I was a fast learner, but grown adults can learn combat much faster, because they aren't troubled by a changing body.

>You know nothing about the fluff that's why you're so flabbergasted.
I know ALL about fluff. that doesn't mean that I can't see when something is stupid.
Astartes is pumped full of growth hormones and whatever space-fantasy bullshit they have. it's practically meaningless when the transformation happens as long as the guy is not in his late-30s.
>>
>>46232760

Pretty sure with the various characters who were too old to be implanted with geneseed and thus were merely enhanced to be more than human they're always quick to point out that they're inferior to Astartes.
>>
>>46232760
>which makes no sense from a biological standpoint.

It makes perfect sense. Puberty, hormones, and the fact that the older you get the harder it becomes to build and maintain muscle are scientific facts.

>but muh BL

Let me stop you right there.

It seems you still don't understand the point. It's not IMPOSSIBLE, it's IMPRACTICAL. The disadvantages of recruiting adults rather than children aren't worth the few advantages.
>>
>>46232991
yes. but for example, in Prospero Burns the fenrisian huskarl that was later named "Godsmote" was made into a full astartes, and he wasn't a kid.
and in Damnation Crusade the guy that became Gerhard and later Tankred, was also an adult before he was implanted.
>>
>>46233957
>It makes perfect sense. Puberty, hormones, and the fact that the older you get the harder it becomes to build and maintain muscle are scientific facts.

yes. because your hormone production decreases. but your body uses the same hormones during puberty that bodybuilders use to become big and swole. even those that are in their 40s.
why? because they don't naturally produce it in that volume anymore.

regardless if you're a kid or an adult, if you were turned into an astartes, they would pump you full with hormones. it makes very little difference if you're 14 or your 25.
it might become problematic after 35, since you're deteriorating at that point, but hormones will still do their job.
especially if you factor in the super-science they probably use for it.

don't tell me that they can make super soldiers that don't age, but they can't fix a 30-something.
especially that men are pretty much in their prime in their 30s, unless their body is fucked up by bad nutrition, narcotics, booze and smoking.
>>
>>46233972
>Godsmote

Godmode, morelike
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.