[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i am angry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17
File: RonIsAngry.jpg (95 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
RonIsAngry.jpg
95 KB, 600x450
i am angry
>>
Poor guy. If only the space elves had adopted him, the galaxy would be so much better.
>>
>>46225914
Angry about Eldar?
>>
>>46225914
No, you're Angron.
>>
>>46225914

Sire
>>
File: joint.jpg (139 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
joint.jpg
139 KB, 500x375
here, this should mellow you out
>>
>>46225929
angry about being a manlet
>>
File: Sexbot.jpg (57 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
Sexbot.jpg
57 KB, 640x452
>>46225914
Well, I'm horny. ;)
>>
>>46225979
Angron is the second taller after Magnus..

He literally Dwarfs a Dreadnought.
>>
File: 960.jpg (134 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
134 KB, 960x600
>>46225914
As am I.
>>
>>46226147
No. Angron is pretty short. He's like wolverine. Vulkan, magnus, and ferrus alone were bigger than him.
>>
>>46225914
>uses axes
>axes
>in futuristic warfare
> where the imperial guard have guns bigger than houses
> mfw a single imperial guard artillery battery could take out angron from 80 miles away
>>
>>46225926
He’d always known he was different. More bruised for one thing. And then one day his father had come up to him or, rather, come up to his waist, and told him that he was not, in fact, as he had always believed, an eldar. It’s a terrible thing to be nearly sixteen and the wrong species.
‘We didn’t like to say so before, son,’ said his father. ‘We thought you’d grow out of it, see.’
‘Grow out of what?’ said Angron.
‘Growing.’
‘What is my own kind, then?’ said Angron bewildered.
The old eldar took a deep breath. ‘You’re human,’ he said.
‘What, like Mr Varneshi? One of the hairy people?’
‘You’re eleven foot six, lad. He’s only five foot.’ The eldar twiddled his bracelet again. ‘You see how it is.’
‘Yes, but – but maybe I’m just tall for my height,’ said Angron desperately
>>
>>46226117
Hi there, I'm in [TARGET SUBSECTOR] and I'm looking for hot guys to have some fun with ;)), if you want to hang out, just draw an eight pointed star on the side of your cogitator and enter your full name and address!
>>
>>46226801
I don't think you can really sum up Asura's state of mind as angry.

The man was a literal god of rage, so powered by it that the very god that had created him was incapable of understanding it's depths.
>>
>>46225914
>meanwhile on [s40ks]
>>
File: Chaos Costanza.jpg (173 KB, 700x639) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Costanza.jpg
173 KB, 700x639
>>46226860
>mfw a dog of the Corpse Emperor believes that
>>
>>46226934
Imagine if Karot was always angry instead of noble and good harted.
>>
>>46226934
>maybe im just tall for my height
this made me chuckle. i dont read much lore of 40k, is angron a retard, or you just having fun with him
>>
>>46227060
I think that was a discworld reference.
>>
>>46227068
People who haven't read the Princess Bride should be put in camps.
>>
>>46227077
yes, you would like that wouldn't you papa nurgle.
>>
>>46226117

Horny about robots?
>>
>>46227060
>is angron a retard

He has nails rammed into his skull that make him mad as fuck. He is also a depressed nihilistic bastard that couldn't get over his anger issues against his daddy, tho his daddy did somewhat deserve it.

My biggest grief with him is how he compares papa Emps with the Tyrants from his homeworld. The fact he couldn't see the difference between the 2 makes me believe he is indeed somewhat retarded.
>>
>>46227154
from Angron's PoV what was the difference between the two?
>>
>>46227154
I'd also like to know the answer to >>46227176's question.
>>
>>46227176
From Angron's POV he was another conquerer I guess. The thing is, the tyrants on Nucaria did it for entertainment and their own benefits. The Emps tried to unify humanity and start a new age of enlightment.

Then again, I guess this "age of enlightment"was a bad thing for the World Eaters anyway since they would proberly have gotten the Thunder Warriors treatment in the end.
>>
File: Mortarion_Reaper_of_Worlds.jpg (194 KB, 674x704) Image search: [Google]
Mortarion_Reaper_of_Worlds.jpg
194 KB, 674x704
And I'm mortified to be on the same side as you
>>
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 734x950
>>46225914
Hi, Angry. I'm Dad
>>
>>46227281
The tyrants were living in their own golden age while having organized slavery and deathmatches.
>>
>>46227423
And you believe the Emperor would allow such things in his golden age?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x363
>>46227350
Please, someone, screencap.
>>
>>46227465
He took in Angron's world pretty readily .
>>
>>46227465
he allowed prisoners to have their brains operated upon and turned into living machines that are trapped in their bodies. He was a gilded tyrant but a tyrant all the same.
>>
>>46227493
>>46227512
True but I asked if the Emperor would allow it in his Golden age?

Both of your examples come from an age were the Emperor needed a warmachine to fuel his conquest.

Except for Servitors, which if you ask me, is making good use of hardened criminals, instead of the death penalty.
>>
File: 1452571142010.jpg (154 KB, 500x803) Image search: [Google]
1452571142010.jpg
154 KB, 500x803
>>46226967
Nah, he just had a lego stuck on his foot.
>>
>>46227569
It is the worst excuse ever. He should have slowed his conquests down instead of making a mad dash for the galaxy and sowing the seeds of his downfall.
>>
>>46227465
The Hive World model predates the Heresy.
No fully benevolent leader would set out to design a social system in which 95% of the population lives out their short, shitty lives in sardine cans, while the remainder get mansions.
>>
>>46227621
pretty much this
>>
>>46227060
>is angron a retard

EVERYONE in 40k is a retard until proven otherwise.

Hell, Emps is plenty retarded, and he's way, way smarter than Angron.
>>
>>46227060
https://econstudentlog.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/guards-guards/
>>
>>46227612
>It is the worst excuse ever.
I don't see how it is a excuse? The young Imperium was beset on all sides from within and without. The Emps needed a warmachine and he needed it fast.

>He should have slowed his conquests down instead of making a mad dash for the galaxy and sowing the seeds of his downfall.

This is most certainly true.

>>46227621
>No fully benevolent leader

The Emperor was many things but I don't think benevolent was one of his defining traits. He was a man with a plan and that plan required war and the loss of life.

Angron wasn't wrong when he looked upon the Emperor and saw a conquerer, he was however extremely shortsighted when it came down to the long term goals.
>>
>>46227718
I would assume the question is: According to the lay of the setting is angron a retard?
>>
>>46227569
Problem is that you aren't recruiting some low level private. You are trying to recruit a general for your army and the last thing you want is dissent.

Even if the blurb about gladiators being Khornate is true the fact that big E used teleportation to zap him out makes it a stupid move. If the world was compliant, why didn't emp make a deal for the release of gladiators? Why didn't he try a duel method for supremacy like he did with Russ and Vulkan? It's like Big E deliberated and purposefully chose a method that would piss Angron off the most
>>
>>46227779
>the young imperium was beset
by what? The eldar? The tau? Chaos? Orks? The emperor wanted to go full sonic on his galactic conquest and created a system that would collapse without war. He took the worst things about the DAoT civilization and enshrined it in his imperium
>>
>>46225926
Expanding on this, say I want to do a writeup on angron raised by the CWE, what would happen to him?
>>
File: 61.jpg (748 KB, 1232x1754) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
748 KB, 1232x1754
>>46225914
[citation needed]
>>
>>46227829
Angron rejected the Emperor. This is a pretty big deal because the Emperor himself rarely had to face something like rejection.

On top of that I doubt none of your solutions would have worked. Angron wanted the tyrants on Nucaria dead, no matter the cost. Any attempts to establish a peace between Angron and the Tyrants would again have been rejected by Angron.

Don't forget Angron was ready and willing to die. If the Emperor had teleported them all away he would have tarnished his honor and that of his fellow warriors. If the Emperor assisted them and destroyed the Tyrants then again he would have taken away THEIR fight and death.
When it came to Angron I believe there was no good solution in any event, but the Emperor did indded pick one of the worst solutions and he didn't even care afterwards, because he acted like a lil'bitch because he got rejected by one of his sons.

>>46227863
>by what?

By a multitude of Xeno races, rebel Empires and the rising threat of Chaos. The only difference between 30K and 40K is that in 30K the Imperium is on the offensive and in 40K the Imperium is fighting a failing defence. 30K is still a shitty era to live in just like 40K which is even more shitty.
>>
>>46228103
>Don't forget Angron was ready and willing to die. If the Emperor had teleported them all away he would have tarnished his honor and that of his fellow warriors. If the Emperor assisted them and destroyed the Tyrants then again he would have taken away THEIR fight and death.
>When it came to Angron I believe there was no good solution in any event, but the Emperor did indded pick one of the worst solutions and he didn't even care afterwards, because he acted like a lil'bitch because he got rejected by one of his sons.
Angron was fighting for the freedom of his gladiators. The emperor forcibly taking him away and letting them die is pouring a carton of salt on his wounds. If the emperor wanted to set himself up as a great liberator, he should have taken the side of the slaves instead of doing a smash and grab and running away.

>
By a multitude of Xeno races, rebel Empires and the rising threat of Chaos. The only difference between 30K and 40K is that in 30K the Imperium is on the offensive and in 40K the Imperium is fighting a failing defence. 30K is still a shitty era to live in just like 40K which is even more shitty.

Oh and due to the big E's ham handed attempts at forming an imperium, Chaos is ascendent, the cornerstones of human triumph lie trampled in the dirt while trillions cheer it on, and even bigger threats amass. The emperor found a perfectly blank slate and instead of painting a picture, he barfed all over it.
>>
>>46228235
>If the emperor wanted to set himself up as a great liberator

How would he do that? No matter what the Emperor was a conquerer. Like I said, his choice of actions with Angron were poorly chosen but regardless of what, Angron would have seen what the Emperor is and rejected him a second time.

The Emperor's and Angron's ideals and morals are polar opposites.

WHat I think is that the Emperor believed Angron would move on after his comrades had died, or at the very least carve out a new brotherhood with his Legion. But it's not really a good idea to let a angry man with nails in his head and a grudge run around with a elite force of warriors...but hey, the Imperium found that out later on.

>Oh and due to the big E's ham handed attempts at forming an imperium...

The Emperor failed yes, due to his policies and the short sightedness of his own sons, I never argued otherwise.
>>
>>46228365
>How would he do that? No matter what the Emperor was a conquerer. Like I said, his choice of actions with Angron were poorly chosen but regardless of what, Angron would have seen what the Emperor is and rejected him a second time.

He was the most powerful psyker in existence and had millenia of experience in manipulating humans from the shadow. All he had to do was show that war isn't the answer to everything and secured the freedom of the slaves from the planet. An example of gunboat diplomacy, but diplomacy nonetheless.
Instead he kidnapped angron and left the gladiators to die
>>
>>46228570
Alright let's run with your scenario for a moment and assume Angron thanks the Big E for his help afterwards.

Then what? Big E's intent from the start was to find his lost sons and add them as generals for his war for conquest. Under what reason would Angron join a man that violently commits wars upon aliens and humans alike for the simple reason they disagree with his future vision?

The Emperor is still a man that forcefully submits others if need be, and therefore he is the thing Angron hates and fights against. Sure the Emperor's future vision for all this is a good one, but for whatever reason the big E rarely shared his future plans with his favoured sons, let alone Angron "nails in the brains" the madman.
>>
>>46228716
Angron realizes that instead of being a rage fueled beast he can also try and be a better person. The warhounds don't ever get the nails implanted in them and thus remain loyalist. All those worlds the WE ate, they don't happen.
He actually becomes the red angel he set out to be, where he rises above his handicaps like his brother sanguinius instead of succumbing to them.
>>
>>46228801

That is all assuming he doesn't reject the Emperor a second time. The Emperor is still a man that is pretty much the opposite of what Angron seeks in a leader.

At the very best Angron might have complied and joined the Warhounds but they would become a Legion that would only be used against the most hostile of beings such as Orks, and then in the end the Warhounds might have indeed stayed loyal, but I believe this to be the very best case scenario.

>where he rises above his handicaps

Sounds like a cool scenario. But the nails were utterly degrading him and would've killed him sooner or later.

Anyway I gtg now but I enjoyed this. have a good night.
>>
>>46229064
you too.
>>
>>46228103
That's what I mean. There's a smart move that fails and a dumb move that's dumbest. Even if the entire house is burning down and no amount of water is going to save it, I'm sure pouring kerosene isn't a good move
>>
>>46229519
The emperor was the joker. He wanted to watch the galaxy burn. Abaddon is his true son
>>
>>46228055
>Striking Scorpions temple
>Help chases out the Fallen Phoenix Lord when they go right off the deep end.
>Get bored with Scorpions. Become Swooping Hawk.
>Fall in love with farseer.
>Can never be with farseer becasue she isn't into you.
>Whatevs.
>Just keep on switching temples every few hundred years.
>Become jack of all murders king of none. Raw physical prowess makes up the difference.
>Still have thing for tall chicks that can see the future.
>Fuck all the willing women on the path of the seer
>Continue being badass
>Take up painting as a hobby

Biggest issue is going to be finding armour that fits.

This is assuming he would never have been an active psyker without the brain damage.

Angron the Farseer, once apprentice to Eldred, could be a thing.
>>
>>46225914
The eternal debate.

http://strawpoll.me/6927873
>>
>>46226147
>>46226854
Primarch height rankings-

>7 feet: Space Marine baseline
Per GW
>8 feet: Alpharius/Omegon
Larger than standard marines, but still the smallest of the primarchs, close enough that taller marines can pass as them and with some trickery they can pretend to be normal marines
>8-9 feet: Angron and Lorgar
the wolverine and the preacher
>9-10 feet: Fulgrim, Guilliman, Curze, Corax, Dorn, Perturabo
The statesmen, the dodgemonkeys, and the architects (Perty looks bigger because he wears terminator armor)
>10-11 feet: Mortarion, Ferrus, El'Jonson, Russ, Khan, Horus, Sanguinius
The frontline fighters. Horus looks bigger than msot because he routinely wears termie armor. Sanguinius being so tall (not counting wings) is part of what makes him appear unearthly.
>12+: Vulkan and Magnus
Vulkan "as big in his armor as Horus is in his terminator armour"
BL implying things about Magnus' real height with psychic projection or biomancy or whatnot aside, dude's the only primarch who couldn't wear power armour, just a breastplate that leaves his arms bare
>>
>>46229975
Glad to see Mortarion is where he belongs.
>>
>>46229984
I fear that magnus will only have a 4+ armor save when his rules come out
>>
>>46229929
yeah. I could see that happening. After all he has the emperor's splooge in him. He would be better at psykery than average warlocks.

And he doesn't need armor. He is a fucking demigod
>>
>>46230342
He'd get invuln out the ass though because of his future sight shittery.
>>
>>46229929
thanks for the ideas senpai.
>>
>>46230163
In the Dumpster?
>>
>>46233729
you know it.
>>
>>46230342
>>46229984
>tfw Magnus's model is a titan
>>
>>46228062
Man I miss the old fluff.
>>
>>46229984
Is there any images of Horus not in termie armor?
>>
>>46235472
yeah. It makes angron seem tragic without making the emperor look like a fag.
>>
>>46237422
I never got why the new writers had to turn the Emperor into the biggest douchebag and the primarchs into whining children.
You can write a tragic backstory without any of that easy.
>>
>>46237463
yeah. They could have just made angron detest the fucking bureaucracy of the imperium and thinking that the slow stagnant death of corruption was worse than a small government-only the strong survive- kind of rule.
>>
File: ronswansonfrown.jpg (52 KB, 700x650) Image search: [Google]
ronswansonfrown.jpg
52 KB, 700x650
>>46237498
Angron is the grimdark version of Ron Swanson.
>>
>>46237880
poor fella
he had a hard life
>>
>>46226934
So... Angron would be Will Ferrel from Elf?
>>
>>46238627
yeah.
>>
>>46226860
>mfw a single imperial guard artillery battery could take out angron from 80 miles away
That manlet squats Warhounds, he doesn't give a shit about shells
>>
>someone posted Angron saying "I am angry"
>nobody posted Perturabo saying "I am perturbed"
>>
>>46227060
>is angron a retard
He is very... indifferent to things a normally functioning person wouldn't be, which is why he gets called retarded.

>>46227281
>The thing is, the tyrants on Nucaria did it for entertainment and their own benefits. The Emps tried to unify humanity and start a new age of enlightment.
The Emperor offered subjugation or death. If we talk about morals, does the reason why you enslave or kill matter that much?
>>
>>46239248
>If we talk about morals, does the reason why you enslave or kill matter that much?

Of course it does you fucking moron. Doing something evil for the sake of survival, humanity, or others is far better than doing the same evil act for your own perverse desires. Jesus Christ what kind of bleeding heart SJW question is that?
>>
>>46239248
>militiamen fighting to keep their family safe are just as evil as the terrorists killing said families because they both kill!
>>
>>46228103
>When it came to Angron I believe there was no good solution in any event, but the Emperor did indded pick one of the worst solutions and he didn't even care afterwards
I agree 100% with this guy. Angron is my favorite Primarch, but he is also a crack baby because of the nails. He should have been left on that hill to die, all other solutions would have lead to a bigger disaster
>>
>>46239347
>>46239360
Let me start by saying that I do agree with Emperor's idea for the necessity of the Great Crusade and the unification of the humankind, I'm just playing the devils advocate.

The argument is from the perspective of the "morally pure" or chaotic good. Basically is it right to do a wrong to make right?

Angron didn't care about the overall good that came from the Emperors actions because of his upbringing and the means those goods were achieved. He saw the Emperor as an enslaving tyrant who could not claim moral high ground
>>
File: Leman Russ.jpg (343 KB, 729x1000) Image search: [Google]
Leman Russ.jpg
343 KB, 729x1000
>>46225914
I HEARD THERE WAS A PRIMARCH THREAD AND I GOT HERE AS FAST AS I COULD.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 955x536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 955x536
Roboute here.
>>
>>46241170

> And you brought your fucking dogs with you to work *again*
>>
>>46239125
>inb4 "I am Rogal Dorn."
>>
File: Perturabo_sketch.jpg (203 KB, 535x464) Image search: [Google]
Perturabo_sketch.jpg
203 KB, 535x464
>>46227341
I am somewhat perturbed by our brother's presence, also.
>>
>>46239347
>I am going to lead the human race into a brighter future
>by stuffing them in hive cities and taking millions of people and throwing them into the grinders of war.
>I am totally not a tyrant.

>>46241170
hey remember you got your shit pushed in
>>
File: Rowboat Girlyman.jpg (189 KB, 958x1018) Image search: [Google]
Rowboat Girlyman.jpg
189 KB, 958x1018
>>46241170
I heard there were traitors and I got back to Terra as fast as I could. Did I miss anything?
>>
File: 1458248924751.jpg (969 KB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
1458248924751.jpg
969 KB, 1000x1405
>>46244726
nothing much.
Its water under the bridge.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.