[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rare Miniatures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Preview-1.png (248 KB, 560x718) Image search: [Google]
Preview-1.png
248 KB, 560x718
Okay, so I'm curious; what are some of the rarest miniatures for wargames (or RPGs) out there?

This is sparked by a search for Dead Space-like minis that resulted in this OOP Kabuki Miniatures mini, the victim of a swift C&D most likely. I know there's event exclusive miniatures from half a dozen games, OOP stuff from the odd third-party, older mini sculpts, and old minis cut from both production and game... But I'm curious as to what the rest of /tg/ has in the vein of esoteric knowledge of forbidden miniatures.
>>
File: 9624534142_7c35b8ccd4_b.jpg (291 KB, 1024x503) Image search: [Google]
9624534142_7c35b8ccd4_b.jpg
291 KB, 1024x503
I'm also familiar with the DOOM miniatures which seems to go for an arm and a leg nowadays.
>>
File: 1457257849859.png (100 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1457257849859.png
100 KB, 250x250
>>46214680
This is hot
>>
File: RT Assault Marine.jpg (25 KB, 273x296) Image search: [Google]
RT Assault Marine.jpg
25 KB, 273x296
I think the legendary Rogue Trader-era Assault Marine is somewhere in the top list of rare minis.

I've searched for years without even finding a pic of a real one. There's only this, from a very old ad leaflet (i think)
>>
>>46218515
Funny
>>
>>46218515
thats a conversion, no-doubt
>>
>>46214643
Some of the rarer stuff that's still available and being produced would be something like the fan-made miniatures for various games, like all the Epic forumware based on the forgeworld stuff but in 6mm scale.

If you just mean rarest, period, then something like the custom miniatures that the Perry brothers made for Peter Jackson after the Lord of the Rings movies are probably pretty far up there. There's like, 1 model of Peter Jackson as a hobbit in the warhammer world museum and 1 in Peter's possession, that's it.
>>
>>46219242
The bottom of that page showed a bunch of goofy stuff you could do with the rt01 kit.
>>
>>46214680
Man I was looking for a mini Doom marine to make a diorama with when I was on Crystal meth. Wanted to keep a chunk of Crystal in a tiny berserk pack. I was obsessed with dioramas when I was on that shit for some reason
>>
>>46218515
Not sure if joking or retarded...
>>
File: Sgt Centurious.jpg (241 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Sgt Centurious.jpg
241 KB, 1600x1200
>>46214643
The old GW 'Sgt. Centurious' mini - you probably see more counter-fits than real ones on E-bay these days.
>>
>>46214643
Mother fucked that's attractive. Bet it costs over 100$ by now tho.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.