[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantasy Jackassery Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: FFQ3.jpg (218 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
FFQ3.jpg
218 KB, 1600x1200
((OP can't think of another name edition.))

The world is in disparate disarray; kingdoms come and go as the flow of the river, tribes and city-states are there one day, and gone the next...

But that does not mean there is no hope left for the allied races. Elf, man, and orc now stand together, beating back the tide of angelic, demonic, and otherwise otherworldly foes day by day, held aloft in ancient fortress and stronghold alike, barely eking out survival days at a time.

And you are only one among many. A face in the crowd, as it were. But, what do you stand as?

> Elf
Diviners and oracles fill their ranks. Most notably, they were able to scribe the future upon the skins of their brethren, each having a different story yet untold. You possess no such markings.
> Human
Once able to call upon the divine magics of their god and its servants, they now fight against that which once brought them hope. Now, they draw their magics from the areas surrounding them, in a sense replicating the Geomancy of old...
> Orc
What used to be the nomadic sorcerer tribes that wandered northern forests have taken refuge with man and mer. They formerly called upon what were thought to be demonic arts of evocation and abjuration -- suspicions proved wrong when they continued to be effective on angel and demon alike.
>>
>>46207254
> Human
>>
>>46207254
> Human
>>
>>46207254
>Human
>>
>>46207413
>>46207314
And so, you stand as a son of Man in all its glory -- for what good that means now, at least.

But it is no matter. With times being what they are, it would be obvious that you've received training in both blade and magic, but to what extent did you take your training? To make this easier, are you more skilled with

> blade
martial might and physical prowess; even though this is labelled blade, by no means does it restrict you to one specific weapon type. For all intents and purposes, assume that you are of above-average skill with nearly any mundane weapon you might get your hands upon.

or

> magic
Your prowess in your pseudo-geomantic abilities, and possibly other suites of sorcery. For an ease of reference-- if someone especially skilled in geomancy can raise a foot of stone from the ground in one minute, then you would be able to do so in about ten.
>>
Bear in mind that I am, more or less, making ninety percent of this on the fly, so if this becomes a persistent effort, there may or may not be revisions in how aspects of this works.
>>
>>46207611
>> magic
Let's be wizards.
>>
>>46207611
> magic
>>
>>46207611
>Magic
>>
>>46207611
> blade
martial might and physical prowess; even though this is labelled blade, by no means does it restrict you to one specific weapon type. For all intents and purposes, assume that you are of above-average skill with nearly any mundane weapon you might get your hands upon.
I wanna be that jaded grunt who's killed haughty mages with a crossbow, killed supremely skilled elven duelists by having a shield and armor as opposed to unprotective leathers and a just a fancy sword alone, and having lived by deciding we didn't want to mess with that dragon for more gold than we could conceive of.
>>
Can we be Enchanters? Like not really a mage but proficient on casting enchantments on your weapons?
>>
>>46207611
> blade
>>
>>46207611
>magic
>>
>>46207756
Being more skilled in one doesn't mean you can't use the other-- and, you must remember, that there are hordes of other creatures inhabiting the wastes and such to the point where if you rely solely on one, you will most surely find death.

>>46207782
Anyone can enchant, but it's a difficult process, and one of the few known sources of the primary reagent is behind where the demons/angels/horrors are all mucking about and essentially staging Armageddon.
>>
>>46207611
>magic
Tends to have a higher learning curve than than blade. We could just up our strength and buy a crossbow later.
>>
>magic
>>
It looks as though magic wins. Give me a moment.
>>
>>46207913
Would be noice to know what we'd get if we picked magic or blade, like spells, skills and equipment, etc.
>>
>Dead quest again
Why must this happen?!
>>
>>46209557
>chargen
that's why
>>
And now I return.
>>46208734
It basically determines your aptitude thus far. As a human, you've only been exposed to the way of... geomancy, but not quite. I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but you'll come to understand as the quest goes on. I suppose it mostly differs in power source, come to think of it, but anyways.

I will also say this: there is weeaboo fitan magic, akin to the ToB or PoW, in a sense. I most likely will not ascribe specific names to things like maneuvers and stances, however.
>>
>>46211100
So are you still running this quest?
>>
I'm going to have to hang it up here for the night; I'll like be running sometime during the day Saturday, Mountain Time.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.