[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy Battles General WHFB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: Dspl_07.jpg (1 MB, 1500x2328) Image search: [Google]
Dspl_07.jpg
1 MB, 1500x2328
They May Be Bad But They Look Good edition
(Female Dark Elf appreciation thread)

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://unsupported-armies.blogspot.com/

Previous thread: >>46178812
>>
File: D-E-W.jpg (325 KB, 598x900) Image search: [Google]
D-E-W.jpg
325 KB, 598x900
>>46202387
>>
>>46202417
>>
File: bitch_im_fabulous.jpg (70 KB, 819x975) Image search: [Google]
bitch_im_fabulous.jpg
70 KB, 819x975
>>46202446
>>
File: Profound_sadness.gif (499 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Profound_sadness.gif
499 KB, 500x281
>tfw war is kill

I have fond memories of the public quest in the orc starting area where you had to wake the giant up and convince it to smash down the dwarf gate
>>
File: 1456352409298.png (364 KB, 844x478) Image search: [Google]
1456352409298.png
364 KB, 844x478
>>46202572
Hey anon

Return of reckoning
>>
>>46202667
that thing has more bugs than it has bytes
>>
>>46202572

It had so much potential. FFS, Mythic KNEW what drove a successful RvR MMO! Then EA, and a two faction race to the bottom. Makes me sick.
>>
File: sheerforceofanger.jpg (56 KB, 496x496) Image search: [Google]
sheerforceofanger.jpg
56 KB, 496x496
>>46202667
>It is after the dwarf and orc starting areas were axed and it's about as stable as the mind of an obese 22 year old girl obsessed with neopets

I'm mourning the loss of the potential game, not the game that actually lived
>>
have recasters got Bret minis? namely Knights Errant and Men-at-Arms? I can't afford some original at the moment, and I'm afraid they'll be gone by the time I can.
>>
>>46202667
It's all pvp, players running forward in Norsca blindly. Not what made me fall in love with the game back in its day.
>>
>>46202340

Except it doesn't matter the logic, the phrase is "have and eat".
It means "you cannot give it as a gift and also keep it".
>>
>>46204030
Yes I can, its called my dick.
>>
As an Orc player of ~10 years before I started to bow out of the tabletop aspect of the hobby: Animosity sucked. Full-stop.

For anyone who says it's "funny" or "adds character to the army": Imagine your entire army has Frenzy. Only it doesn't get the additional attack, or immunity to psychology. It can test to restrain... but never at anything higher than Leadership 9 (with no re-rolls). Oh, and if you're not within 16" of an enemy unit at the start of your turn, you're instead testing for Leadership 9 Stupidity (again, sans Immunity to Panic and BSB reroll and whatnot) every turn. And if any of your units actually have these rules (ex: Savage Orc Boyz, who have both animosity and Frenzy), you need to test twice in the relevant situations. About one in every six of these tests you fail will also cause d6 hits to both that unit and another unit in your army, as well as leave both units subject to stupidity (Repeat it with me now: Without the bonus') for the remainder of the turn.

Your only way to mitigate this "Special" Rule is to put a character (~80+ points base) in with the unit, which causes it to take D6 S5 hits instead. Oh, and it doesn't block the one-in-six thing mentioned above: If a unit on either side of it suffers the effect, well, sorry!

Ha ha ha, very funny to play right? Good times? I'm sure your opponent agrees that you got the better deal when they're stuck with a measly "Reroll failed to hits in close combat" or "Have armor saves", how you shouldn't complain and the hobby's for fun and- hold I rolled a twelve mind removing that whole block of Boyz for me? Thanks. - and how you shouldn't complain because really you sound like a - Oh yeah roll Miscast for all your Shamans. Yeah, I bought that item. At [points] why wouldn't I? - you're sounding like a no-fun Win-at-all-Costs player.
>>
What do you think about this? Is swiftstride and ability to take the drums (which would leave you with just 25pts on a weapon, unless you take a lord... yeah) worth 100 points and a hero slot?
>>
>>46204912
Are you going heavy on Blade Dancers? Maybe. Those dances are nice, but it seems to me like the character will be about as tough as a dandelion puff what with a 6+ ward and basically nothing else.
>>
>>46205024
not really. a unit of 5-10, or maybe two units of 5 in bigger games.
I'd still maybe stick a hero inside - but actually tooled for battle. Forest Guardian Kindred with Sacred Spear of Cadaron, most likely. now THAT would be powerful.
>>
I just had a thought... how compatible are 9th Age and 8th Edition? Since some people dislike some of the 9th Age's armybooks (I gather it there's little problem with core rules), would it be feasible to use 8th Ed. armybooks with 9th Age rules and facing 9th Age armies without a conversion document?
Sure, balance would be off, but that's a different matter.
>>
>>46205199
Yeah.

9th core rules mostly just fix the biggest bullshit in 8e we all wanted fixed, like tons of magic dice exploits, always gaming for level 4 spells, cavalry hordes being blocked from a charge by a fence post, and so forth.

I'd say use 9th Beastmen, Brets, and Tomb Kings though. Its only fair because they were forgotten/mishandled in 8th.
>>
>>46205387
8th Edition Tomb Kings is a travesty, IMO. Not only for what was done to them compared to their old lore and rules, but what was done to them in comparison to Vampire Counts.
>>
>>46205387
and Wood Elves. fuck that kindred-less, aspect-less 8th Ed armybook
>>
>>46205452
ET sadly fixed them.

Literally the last great buff before being the first to be buried forever.
>>
So, /whfb/, what are you currently working on?
>>
Filling out empire for 9th. Have a great all mounted list already, now just getting some more infantry.

Returning to dwarfs, also for 9th age. Have a decent army, but want more of the beautiful newer expensive infantry boxes before they get possibly squatted
>>
>>46205842
My own rule set

No bully pls
>>
>>46205842
Stripping/repainting Skaven for Kings of War. I bought a bulk pack of rat ogres on ebay the other week. Mostly classic 90s minis, a few 2000 pewters, 2 classic (living) bone rippers and 2 mordheim rat ogres.

Planning of fielding 12 of them, so it was a good find.
>>
>>46206065
Oh, and a Blood Bowl rat ogre.
>>
>>46205842
The same thing I work on every thread.

nothing because I'm shit at modelling and I don't have the money to do it anyways
>>
>>46205783
Dunno if still having the incantations missing (much cooler than another lore) and having the fluff still say "the TK woke up to find their kingdom in a sorry state" instead of the old "Settra restored the old kingdom of Nehekara a 1000 years ago and now wants to expand it again" counts as "fixed".

>>46205452
Ironically, TK are the best army to play against VC. But other than that, yeah they pale in comparison (no incantations, no marching).
>>
File: 53242323t.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
53242323t.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>yfw you realize your guys are fighting on a field only the size of a slightly wider football field
>>
File: 15763834123_810ca9ab56_b.jpg (373 KB, 2100x574) Image search: [Google]
15763834123_810ca9ab56_b.jpg
373 KB, 2100x574
>>46206065
>(living) bone rippers
How the mighty have fallen
>>
File: Settra.jpg (76 KB, 736x850) Image search: [Google]
Settra.jpg
76 KB, 736x850
>>46206150
>the old "Settra restored the old kingdom of Nehekara a 1000 years ago and now wants to expand it again"

That one always seemed lazy to me, honestly. 1000 years is a fuckton of time, even to immortal skellingtons. Warhammer has always had a problem with scale, but that's one of the totally nonsense things. The Tomb Kings need to be just waking up, otherwise they're a bunch of lazybones
>>
How does the Dogs of War 6e list hold up today? Is it still passable?
>>
>>46206518
not really no

there has been a lot of points deflation since then.
>>
File: VC army.png (267 KB, 676x3502) Image search: [Google]
VC army.png
267 KB, 676x3502
Man the counts are hard to build, way too many choices. I wanted to squeeze the ghoul king in here but couldnt find the points in such a small army. Any recommended improvements?
>>
>>46206610
>points deflation

So why are Brets so popular? Is it just sudden nostalgia?
>>
>>46206518
pray 9th Age brings DoW and Kislev back

>>46206145
well, at least you're consistent. that counts for much.
>>
>>46206372
But they are Lazy bones. Settra has been awake since before Sigmar was even born and has accomplished fuck all. Araby rose to be a massive empire right next to them, the desert was invaded many times, and much of their treasure has been plundered by just about every faction in the setting. With the forces they have at their command, United Tomb Kings should be the scariest antagonist faction in the setting.
>>
File: image.jpg (509 KB, 2592x1472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
509 KB, 2592x1472
>>46195232

Thought I'd repost this closer to peak hours, but how would you guys change Chaos Dwarfs? Were there really no lore characters worth mentioning? And most importantly, hats or no hats?
>>
>tfw literally none of your armies are in Total War: Warhammer

I want to die
>>
>>46206150
I meant fixed as in rules.

No crumble, no required Hierophant, can march.
>>
>>46207021
>hats or no hats?
Should follow the same rules as helmet wings on High Elves; no for rank and file, yes for characters and the occasional elite unit.
>>
>>46206372
The TK mostly have themselves to fight.
There's more of their own descendants trying to take their throne than rivals in the rest of the world.
>>
>>46206984
Settra has been awake, but most of his people have been asleep. He also eschewed the council and company of the people most likely to be able to help him plan out restoration of the old Kingdom (the Liche Priests).

There's also him telling the other Kings to remain asleep until needed / deemed necessary, but that one's more forgivable since their post-awakening is dotted with various Kings and Kingdoms triggering civil wars. Hell, about 4 years before the start of the Imperial Calendar he had to deal with a civil war in Nehekhara as a bunch of Tomb Kings got cocky while his armies were chasing out Arkhan and Nagash.
>>
File: Tomb King Commands.jpg (380 KB, 1611x2000) Image search: [Google]
Tomb King Commands.jpg
380 KB, 1611x2000
>>46207061
But 1000 years!?!

You could dismantle every tomb in Nekhara, stone by stone, in 1000 years. It's way too long a timescale for internicene war, especially because they didn't wake up all at once and Settra and the other powerful kings could focus their efforts on quashing each as they awake if they prove troublesome. He already made most of them go take another nap, no reason to drag it out.
>>
File: hashut.png (3 MB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
hashut.png
3 MB, 1500x2000
>>46207021
no hat no life
>>
>>46207061
>>46206372
>>46206984

Must be quite a shock to have your great^6 grandfather (who you spent your life venerating like a minor deity) to suddenly turn up to try to bash your face in and take your kingdom. I imagine it was a long time after Settra 'conquered' Khemri for the former kings to settle down into their roles as merely lesser nobles within the same kingdom they once ruled in it's entirety, even if there wasn't any warfare per se.
>>
>>46206692
Prolly drop the staff or second Necro, you're splitting Power Dice thin otherwise.

Not sure why the solo vampire. You planning on warmachine hunting?

You could ditch Necro number two, replace the Vampire with the SGK with Seed.
>>
File: 1405259817087.jpg (165 KB, 375x1050) Image search: [Google]
1405259817087.jpg
165 KB, 375x1050
>>46207127
>>
>>46206871
Pretty much. People who see the boat leaving port want to get their stuff before it goes even though it's a bit weaker than normal

If you want to run dogs run them as mercs like you're meant to
>>
>>46207032
EVERY SINGLE THING IN FANTASY WILL EVENTUALLY BE IN TOTAL WARHAMMER.

You may have to pay an extra $10, but that's the price of one real model for a lot more game.
>>46207121
You're forgetting every TK who ever lived went to war with every other at once.

All those immortal armies, with nothing better to do.
>>
File: img4f5d21a17c1bb.jpg (101 KB, 583x768) Image search: [Google]
img4f5d21a17c1bb.jpg
101 KB, 583x768
>>
>>46207167
Vampire shackles up with the ghouls because i dont really have much of a hammer to my crypt ghoul anvil. Hes got the hellsteed for the "surprise" fly+3d6 charge/pursue, also because i had 30 points and no clue what do do with them

Does the seed actually improve the SGK's regeneration? I thought those effects didnt stack?
>>
File: Tomb Kings Old.jpg (28 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Kings Old.jpg
28 KB, 500x485
>>46207223
But they didn't all fight each other at once. There was a lot of fighting, but also a lot of the Kings who stayed/were persuaded to return to sleep for a bit. Civil wars happen, but 1000 years worth? If nothing else, they'd run out of skeletons.

>>46207298
Gross and cool. The buffing on his dick has me worried, though.
>>
>>46207298
I really like that base
>>
>>46207223
Imagine all those tomb kings uniting under Settra and being sent to conquer the old world. I don't think anyone, not the empire, not bretonnia, not even the dwarfs, could stop them.
>>
>>46207321
Crypt horror'
>>
>>46207345
>>46207343
At least he still got his junk.
>>
>>46207321
The Vampire is on a horse, and thus cannot join the Ghouls unit. It can only join other cavalry.

Unless you're playing 9th Age, I think there's more leeway on unit types combining.

Also, meant Dragonbane Gem rather than Seed. Sorry, had them mixed up in my head.
>>
>>46206610
>>46207221
Hmm, comparing with the Empire book, seems DoW are actually cheaper in most options. Doesn't seem fair to compare Pikes with Spears, given the extra rank, Always Strikes First in the first round, and Strength bonus against big stuff
>>
>>46207343
>If nothing else, they'd run out of skeletons.
No they wouldn't, all Tomb Kings regenerate. You can destroy a Construct, but kill a TK skeleton and you've only bought yourself like 60 years before they come back and beat your decrepit ass and skin your grandaughters for Settra's exceedingly boring harem.
>>
>>46207495
>Settra's exceedingly boring harem
*CLACK* *CLACK* *CLACK*
>>
>>46207495
Not even 60 years: Unlike what rules may imply the lore suggests that it's only a matter of weeks to months before a Liche Priest can turn any Joe Schmoe's skeletal remains into another Honest Grunt in Settra's Army. And that's assuming a ritual cleansing of the body picked clean of flesh and sinew by wildlife / the elements.

The thing people fail to understand is that the Tomb Kings are almost uniformly populated by people who have trouble sharing their power / authority... who are uniformly expected to share their power / authority with each other AND bend the knee to someone who has even more trouble sharing his power / authority.

When it's not that, a lot of the issues stem from the fact that it's hard to rebuild a civilization when you consider the work beneath you and semi-mindless skeletons make for shitty artisan labor.
>>
>>46207044
Inclined to agree, but depending on just how many types of dwarf units you keep I'm inclined to give rank and file the same as the current Hammerer helms.

>>46207220
Glorious.
>>
>>46207349
their fleets get wrecked by a tsunami because some fatass slann wanted the sun out of his eyes and turned the world a little to the left
>>
>>46207453
Oh, well then. I guess thats what i get for glazing over the rulebook where it concerned different sized models. Example picture must have been normal cavalry with monster cavalry or something. Still looking at the stats the ghoul king costs more and does less if the only upgrade i can afford him is a gem thats about it. Cutting the necromancer/hellsteed and maybe shaving a few ghouls could get me a new unit. Vargheists maybe?
>>
File: Tomb Guard.jpg (113 KB, 593x911) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Guard.jpg
113 KB, 593x911
>>46207495
>>46207575
So do the actual skeletons repair themselves, or do they bring in new bodies to fill out the ranks. Because the latter raises questions about what happens when you run out of Tomb Guard and you can't find any more fanatically loyal, expert warriors who worship the kings as gods.
>>
>>46207612
You joke, but: If the Slaan didn't lead to the collapse of the exhausted Dwarvish nations in an attempt to do some geological remodeling, imagine how different things could have been:
>Dwarves have a few centuries of peace to catch up on recent events.
>Strange-ass civilization the doorstep of several of their holds
>Find airships, mechanical constructs, occasionally crude firearms imported from Cathay
>Start political relationship with Nehekhara
>Nagash tries to come back, finds a bunch of pissed off and magic-resistant Dwarves outside his stronghold pissed that he's using Elf-Magic to trash their nation-state partners
>Nagash kicked in the mud, Nehekhara and Dwarves have good times for eternity together
>>
>>46207021
Change Chaos Dwarfs: Really, what needs to change other than expanding them. Cursed Sorcerer-kings of Mordor North, fire and shadow, stone and iron. Might push them a little more into body modding like an evil fantasy ad mech but only for the engineering-types. Maybe give into their kinda babylonian vibe with more freaky children-of-tiamat monsters

Hats. Hat indicates rank. Modest hat for R&F. True big hats for elites. Just inside the line before it becomes supremely goofy big hats And maybe over. WHFB can support some goofy elements for lords and heroes. But always have a hat. Only hobgoblins and failures go hatless.
>>
>>46207575
It takes years for the tomb kings themselves to regenerate after being destroyed, Settra took a decade to come back from getting a daemonic blade through the chest

>>46207349
The old world nations would probably unite in the face of a full scale tomb kings invasion. And they would beat it the same way every other major threat gets ended- by taking out the leader. Someone Kills Settra, the Tomb Kings collapse into infighting because each one wants to be in control, and without a leader as powerful as Settra to unite them they all abandon the old Battle plans and try to take advantage of Settras temporary Absence. The fractured armies are then beat back by the vengeful Old worlders, and probably get a Bretonnian Crusade thrown their way. A tomb King invasion would be scary, but it wouldn't be unbeatable
>>
>>46207712
Slann really just do not give a fuck and I love them for it.

>lizard wizards: no sense of right and wrong
>>
File: giant deamon prince.jpg (40 KB, 800x665) Image search: [Google]
giant deamon prince.jpg
40 KB, 800x665
>>
File: Tomb King Empire.png (795 KB, 598x881) Image search: [Google]
Tomb King Empire.png
795 KB, 598x881
>>46207787
You just gave me an idea for a WFRP adventure.

>Nearly 20 years ago, Wusterburg, a town near the Black Mountains, was attacked by a strange group of Undead, with unusual weaponry and unclear motives. Thanks to the intervention of priests from the local Verenan chapterhouse, they were defeated and driven off.

>Unbeknownst to the town, while the Verenans claimed they were taking all the bodies for thorough and righteous destruction, they actually wanted to study them, particularly the written orders found on several elite troops.

>Far from the eyes of the desert gods, and sealed in warded vaults, the bodies were unable to repair themselves, and a generation of scholars have prodded, measured, studied, and argued about what they believe are inert skeletons

>but now a Liche Priest has been dispatched to recover the lost Tomb Guard, and continue with the mission that brought them north in the first place. Using human agents, he contacts the PCs and offers them great wealth to break into the chapterhouse and remove the bodies; his deception may go so far as to having his agents dress as Witch Hunters and claim that they are hiring the PCs for a legitimate posse to deal with these obvious necromancers.
>>
File: giant mummy.jpg (371 KB, 1312x2280) Image search: [Google]
giant mummy.jpg
371 KB, 1312x2280
>>
>>46207712
Dwarfs would never ally with Nehekara on the same level they did with the empire unless they were desperate or indebted to them, or both. iirc the Nehekarans had the strength and the balls to raid the dwarf holds, so I'm sure they had a fair share of grudges against them. At best, the dwarfs consider the Nehekarans good trade partners and ally with them in the face of chaos or greenskin invasions.

If the dwarfs weren't wiped out by the slaan fine tuning of the world, they'd still be in control of the old world. It would have taken a few centuries to recover, but after that no one would be able to touch them. They would have little need to ally with the humans, and the empire probably would not have existed
>>
>>46208289
At least one Dwarf Hold was on good enough terms with a "minor" Nehekharan King (not King of Khemri, but a provincial king of a Borderlands City-State) to craft him Gromril Armor.
>>
>>46204764
Animosity feels likes the weakness you give an army because otherwise they're rolling over everything all day every day. Orcs aren't impressive enough to justify that shit, though.
>>
We don't get enough order vs order fights, the best one we have is the War of the Beard. What if we got the Modern day equivalent of it? What if the Empire and Bretonnia, both at the respective heights of their power, engaged in full scale war? Does Bretonnia stand a chance at beating the empire? would any of the other factions get involved? How do the bretonnians overcome the empires superior technology?
>>
>>46208848
>How do the bretonnians overcome the empires superior technology?
Faith in the Lady bestows a 6+ Ward Save, 5+ against particularly unchivalrously strong attacks like cannons.

That said, for other factions getting involved the Dwarfs stay neutral (frankly they like both empire and brets well enough). Wood Elves likely support the Brets. Most other armies are uninvolved but OK, WoC, O&G, and VC could see an opportunity to make some gains by attacking one side or the other. OK and WoC would be trouble mainly for Empire, O&G and VC for both (Particularly VC for brets.)
>>
File: bretonniadead.png (273 KB, 581x368) Image search: [Google]
bretonniadead.png
273 KB, 581x368
>>46208848
Assuming the Brets have the full backing of the lady, An army consisting of tens or even hundreds of thousands of knights will smash through most Imperial formations. I don't know how they will besiege cities, but on the open field the magical protection of the lady will do wonders against gun lines and canons. Plus, the bretonnian air force is the second best behind the high elves, you'll have Pegasus knights deep striking and taking out enemy commanders and war machines. Brets leading a full errantry war against the empire will definitely do serious damage. They brought down Araby in just a few years
>>
>>46208848
I think you can justify every order vs order fight though.

Empire vs brets is a scuffle between minor nobilities

Anyone vs welves is getting too nosy in athel loren

Dwarves vs anyone is setting out to go correct grudge number c-2451

Helves vs empire or brets is another one of their moods where they get overly pissy like when they sacked marienburg
>>
File: Basic - Character - Dwarf.jpg (18 KB, 450x503) Image search: [Google]
Basic - Character - Dwarf.jpg
18 KB, 450x503
>>46209219
>>grudge number c-2451

God damn it, the return policy was 30 days and it was the 30th day. Give us back our gold, you krutting manlings!
>>
>>46209219
There are always fights between the factions, yes, but I'm talking full scale war, not just a battle
>>
>>46207636
SGK blender lord is a BEAST though. Dragonbane just makes up for his only defense being Regeneration. I prefer him to a regular vamp.

Vargheists have Frenzy so they can be a problem. I prefer the Varghulf, but both are good.
>>
>>46207637
Seems the lore is the rise back out of Nehekara like a respawn point. Settra had to with his entire armg when those WoC beat him.
>>
>>46209706
The problem is that the SGK isnt a blender. Theres no points to spare for him, he'll have a dragonbane and beguile or dread knight.

I ended up going with the vargheists, swapping out a zombie horde since i only had one necromancer and spending the core points on a couple packs of dogs to escort the vargheists or general redirect dog things.
>>
>>46209322
is dat sum HeroQuest?
>>
>>46208376
Probably that one that loves killing Orcs and collecting their skulls.
>>46208848
In early Fantasy, the Brets were the greatest threat to the Empire and KF was a terrible leader after Magnus saved the Empire.
>>
>>46209934
It wasn't that one, no, but they did love killing them some Orcs. His first battle, when still a "green" commander, ended with him holding a Khopesh in each hand and standing over a giant ass pile of Orcs he personally slew with his then-recruits.

I could see the Dwarves and Nehekharans getting along pretty well, all told, so long as they met more of the chill Kings / Queens and not the assholish "Oh, how delightful! I'll have twenty of the short ones for entertainment in the afterlife! Kill the rest of them for all I care" ones.
>>
File: 1458775572493.jpg (329 KB, 612x945) Image search: [Google]
1458775572493.jpg
329 KB, 612x945
What's the most important thing about your army in your mind?
>>
>>46211029
That is such an incredibly broad question i doubt anyone is going to answer you
>>
>>46211029
You are playing Skaven, which makes the way you use character different than any other army. Also depends on their role in your army. if you could be more specific about what you mean I can help.
>>
>>46211029
>skaven
Version 1:
naked Seer, two if points permit - spam Dreaded 13 and whatever else is handy
BSB in 2+ rerollable or 2+/4++ - avoid combat keep alive for Ld rerolls
lvl 1 Engineer with Condenser - spam lightning
lvl 0 Engineer with Orb - fire at convenient opportunity (skitterleap for positioning if possible), then use as a chaff
lvl 0 Engineer with Rocket - ditto

Version 2:
naked Seer, two if points permit - spam Dreaded 13 and whatever else is handy
Warlord with that 100pts Warpstone sword - keep in second row for fuck you support attack and taking challenges in which you can strike first
BSB in 2+ rerollable or 2+/4++ - avoid combat keep alive for Ld rerolls
lvl 1 Engineer with Condenser - spam lightning
couple naked Chieftains or engineers - to stuff first row of Warlord's unit
>>
File: keanu.jpg (115 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
keanu.jpg
115 KB, 400x400
>>
>>46208848
That already happened, the empire got shit on.
Bretonia is smaller yet much more united and competent.

Only real problem is kf and his hammer or the magic colleges taking an opportunity to abduct a whole of damsels.
>>
File: Basic - Character - Barbarian.jpg (17 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
Basic - Character - Barbarian.jpg
17 KB, 450x500
>>46209921
Aye. Durgin Redcloack of the Redcloak Clan lived a good life and died many deaths.
>>
>>46206351
Good ol' Boneripper. Or "Boner-ripper" as my friends and I called him when we were 13.
>>
>>46203118

you're out of luck buddy, there are only three bretonnian items missing from the recaster's range, but unfortunately those are: Knight Errant, Men-at-Arms, Peasant Bowmen
>>
>>46212290
Just missing the KE heads, or can they not do KotR either?
>>
>>46207453
>The Vampire is on a horse, and thus cannot join the Ghouls unit. It can only join other cavalry.
>Unless you're playing 9th Age, I think there's more leeway on unit types combining.

Another 9th apologists who haven't played 8th but hates it? Ofc cavalry characters can join infantry, the fucking examples of joining a unit in the BRB are cavalry characters joining infantry units, he only loses the LoS

I'd appreciate if people who hadn't played 8th (sorry, if you got such a basic rule wrong that would come up in your like first 5 games you haven't played 8th, plain and simple) should stop shittalking it
>>
>>46211295
Does anyone actually believe that New Coke story?
>>
File: 1458637090149.png (16 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1458637090149.png
16 KB, 746x982
>>46212561
>>
>>46211266
Spam D13 doesn't seem like a great idea. Spam Wither/Plague. It's easier.
>>
>>46211295

operation New Coke
>>
>>46212351

Recasters are recasting the sprues, so they are missing both KE and KotR. Similarly, if they had one they'd have the other as well.
>>
>>46212628
That;s a heck of a blind spot in the range: Core.
>>
File: Paladin.jpg (132 KB, 550x397) Image search: [Google]
Paladin.jpg
132 KB, 550x397
>>46212577
I mean, he's not wrong.

It's damn stupid to do because the bonus to your armour save is not worth getting your dick blown off by a war machine, but you can put a mounted character in an infantry unit in 8th.
>>
>>46212577

You know what shitposting is bro? Talking shit about how bad a system was when you apparently never played it.

There are multiple guys doing it, like the 6th dude talking about the broken S4 'unit deleter' stone throwers in 8th, or the 40k dude bitching about T6 models being immune to S3 attacks in fantasy. These are the shitposters, who are acting like an expert in a game they never played.
>>
>>46212677
The reason it smelled like shitpost was
>basic rule wrong that would come up in your like first 5 games

There's no reason to do that pretty much ever.
>>
>>46212561
What? I just glanced at 9th, I still play 8th.
Besides, same game.

Take off the tinfoil, m8.
>>
>>46212709
Really? I swear I remember a rule that models can only join units of the same type.
>>
>>46212709

of course there are reasons to do it. giving LD outside of general range, giving stubborn to a unit, giving special bonuses in a unit. For instance, I mostly take my Warrior Priests mounted but I end up joining up a Halberd unit with them many times. I mean I can imagine that between bad players this doesn't come up but play a GT or ETC level event and you'll see it pretty frequently

>>46212745

the only restrictions are for monsters/flyers/chariots/warmachines
>>
File: 1452465369984.jpg (167 KB, 700x677) Image search: [Google]
1452465369984.jpg
167 KB, 700x677
>>46212898
That doesn't seem like it's a "basic rule" then if it's just something a few specific heros do. If someone just plays with their group of 4 or 5 guys it's perfectly likely that would never happen.
>>
>>46213576

dunno, I'm not a tournament player but I knew that rules, so I'd be inclined to agree with this anon >>46212561

I think it has always been the rule, I have started with sixth and don't remember cavalry ever not being able to join units, they certainly could do it in 6th, 7th or 8th
>>
>>46213576

Something that is in the small BRB, with three or four illustrated examples is a basic rule

I mean you can say forming ranks isn't a basic rule then, it has the same amount of explaining pics
>>
File: het.jpg (10 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
het.jpg
10 KB, 187x269
>open box of plastic stormvermin
>take one look at sprues

Jesus Christ I hate this. It'll take me a full fucking day to assemble this. Am I the only one who prefers to just pay the premium on metal models?

I put them back in the box and I'm not even going to bother till everything else is painted.
>>
>>46213987
The great thing about metals is certainty. You come in just a couple pieces, go together easy, and moslty have a solid product, something that feels real, like it's THERE.

The great thing about plastics is that they tend to come on sprues with a million bits. They're so easy to convert and kitbash and love just throwing you tools.

Monopose plastics are an abomination, but the Stormvermin are pretty alright. I respect the heck out of metals though and can't honestly say which I'd go for with all options open.
>>
>>46214356
Don't get me wrong, the sculpts are great. They look better than the old ones by a huge margin and better than the older Marauder ones, too. But good god. The bodies are in halves, the sprues connect on weak points, and there's fragile breakable bits everywhere. All day project.

By contrast I just put together a bunch of metal Rat Ogres in minutes. Super glue and green stuff. And clipped/filed a few bits of flash.
>>
>>46213987
Eh, that's the part I like. Magnetizing, modding, assembly.
Flash clearing is calming.

Painting is...eh.
>>
File: 1458369421322.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1458369421322.gif
4 MB, 270x263
Why do all the dragons suck?
>>
>>46215375

Most dragons are good to great senpai
>>
>>46215424
>300 points for something thats rarely going to survive the first turn
>>
>>46215496
>backseat warhammer at its finest

My star dragon owns every game.
>>
ETC2015 is the highest level event in Europe, had zero changes to cannons:

11 Black Dragon lists
8 Star Dragon lists
3 Chaos Dragon lists
2 Imperial Dragon lists
1 Zombie Dragon list

Almost 10% of the field is pretty good considering that only 1/3 of the armies has access to dragons, and one of those can only take them with a special character. Really only the forest dragon is weak, tho I must admit I expected more Zombie Dragons.
>>
>>46215751
They kinda had to make zombie dragons shitty otherwise youd never get rid of it with the amount healing they can dump on the things.

Not to mention why would you ever get a dragon when you could get another terrorgheist for the same cost and not stick your 600 point lord on a 250 point "hit me with cannonballs" stand

Honestly, id be interested in seeing the list with the Zdragon
>>
File: pic455062_lg.jpg (1021 KB, 1024x710) Image search: [Google]
pic455062_lg.jpg
1021 KB, 1024x710
Anyone want to share stories about their first encounter with warhammer? I was about 9 or 10 and my family just finished settling in our new house (dad was military) and i was going over to one of the other kid's house that was my age for some bike riding and he asked me if i knew anything about warhammer, i was super confused so he took me over to his cousin's house who was about 4-5 years older than me and introduced me to both 40k and fantasy. I was instantly hooked his cousin had dwarves and chaos for fantasy and chaos, orks, and space marines for 40k. It was too much for my brain to handle needless to say that's all i wanted to do when we hung out, me and my friend even ended up saving our lunch money for monthes until we could split the lizardmen brettonian starter box
>>
>>46212561
Wait, do you really lose the look out sir for being mounted?
As a skaven player I've never put a dude on a horse before but I've shot at an assload of them.

One of the locals does it with his black orc warboss on a boar and a unit of black orcs and being able to beam cannon it would make my dick infinitely erect.

>>46213987
The metal storm vermin are also a huge pain in the ass anon, those halberds bend like nobodies business while being trimmed.
>>
>>46216843
>ait, do you really lose the look out sir for being mounted?
>As a skaven player I've never put a dude on a horse before but I've shot at an assload of them.
>One of the locals does it with his black orc warboss on a boar and a unit of black orcs and being able to beam cannon it would make my dick infinitely erect.

yeah, LoS only works for a character in a unit if they share the unit type, pg 99 small rulebook
>>
>>46215375
Because you have to invest.

Threat mitigation. If something you wanna field is cannon bait, you field more cannon bait so one of them can reach and destroy the cannons, then assrape the entire rest of their army ten anuses at a time.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 512x288
>>46215973
I saw this part of LotR and really liked it. Ten years later, I saw the Island of Blood box, realized that with having finally landed a respectable job at decent pay I could emulate it.

Literally five 80% unfinished armies later, Age of Sigmar released me. Now, its just shelf pieces for my amusement and nothing more to buy again.
>>
Are any Forgeworld monsters worth buying for stats? Since it seems none of them will be in Age of Sigmar, I was considering buying one before its gone.
>>
>>46206030
No bully here, been working on my hybrid ruleset of 6th/7th.

>>46200310
That fluff has the animosity taking place before the battle, notice the "out of rock lobba range".
>>
>>46207121
>>46207129
>>46207223
>>46207343
>>46207349
>>46207495
According to the lore in 6e, and even in the disgraceful 8e, all of Nehekara is united under Settra, and most of the kings sleep while awaiting his command. You have some slightly more independent cities, like Khalida's Lybaras, but even her bows to Settra.

>>46207637
According to the lore, each king and prince was interred with his army, including Tomb Guard. For thousands of years. That's millions, if not billions of skeletons ready to fight.
>>
>>46207637
>>46218181
End Times Nagash has lore that says the Tomb King Underworld and all the souls in it are ready at any time to be called back to mortal world to animate the skeletons and statues that form the Tomb King armies.
>>
>>46218236
Which then didn't happen, Vampires did everything alone. The only Tomb King that was even mentioned in the end was Khalida waiting to ram her staff up Khorne's ass when Chaos overtook everything.

None of them survived to Age either. Honestly, the fate of TK is my vote for the single biggest fuckup/letdown Games Workshop has ever done.
>>
File: village set.jpg (219 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
village set.jpg
219 KB, 600x600
Hi /tg/.
Just bought myself this set for my mordheim group, which is none existing at the moment. But I mighty exited anyway, because this opens the opurtonity to actually get something going again! I am also planning on a 4x4 battlemat to enhance the game experience even further once the buildings are painted.
>>
>>46215973
i live in small eastern european shithole country
always big fan of fantasy, lotr, stuff like that, but never met warhammer, even 40k (mind you, i didn't have ready access to internets back then)
many years ago (12-ish, I guess) I went with my parents to London as tourists
walking around Covent Garden, see Games Workshop store, wander in
first thing we see as we enter - awesome LotR diorama with fellowship vs troll
Oh. My. God.
wander around the store awe-stricken. ogle at LotR stuff mainly, of course, but soon notice some more flashy stuff - Warhammer. 40k didn't catch my eye (don't like sci-fi), but all teh elves and dwarfs and stuff...
buuuut, it was expensive as fuck so we obviously didn't buy anything, I even didn't ask.
go back to home country.

a year later, at school, have a window in timetable, so wander with buddies around
see a store
"Waaaait a second, that looks familiar!"
it's a FLGS which sends Warhammer among other things
bored shop assisstant offers to teach us the rules
Oh. My. God.
we spent hours in that shop "learning the rules" over several weeks
missed some of the shittier lessons for it
then the shop moved into different building

then, years and years later, as I was studying in uni I thought, "Hell, that was childhood, right. But what am I waiting for NOW?", so I went and bought IoB.
>>
>>46215751
Forest Dragon isn't weak, it had 6++, IIRC
it's just Wood Elves traditionally don't gear lords for close combat, and you normally use caster general anyway
>>
>>46213987
bah, I have both metal and plastic stormvermin.
plastics are one of the best and most beautiful kits in the game for me. easy to assemble by the way
metal are unform and ugly as fuck. not imposing at all. use them as unit fillers where nobody can see them before I remove them.
>>
>>46218276
>Which then didn't happen

Probably because Nagash and his pet necromancer blew up the place while fighting the Underworld god.

>Vampires did everything alone.

The Tomb Kings helped Nagash fight against Nurgle's armies and the Skaven. After Skaven blew up his pyramid and he regressed from godhood, he left the Tomb Kings behind to defend the ruins of his stronghold. He did this probably because they were not trustworthy.
>>
>>46218352
Ah...also the best of the Tomb Kings died fighting against Nagash. What remained were third-fourth born inbred princes.

Why would anyone want those guys?
>>
File: mind-blown.gif (352 KB, 250x138) Image search: [Google]
mind-blown.gif
352 KB, 250x138
>>46218313

Oh man, this brings me back!
Still remember when I saw Warhammer for the first time. Was dragged along to my mothers friend who had a kid in my age, but we had never really gotten to know one another.
First thing I see when entering his room is an old Dark Elf Warrior, and he starts explaining about this game, where you are the commander over an army of these models you paint. How you march across the fields of battle, which is also hand made, and how you position your troops for the perfect strike. He keeps going on about magic and shit, but my mind is already blown out the fucking window! I'm literally speechless!
First thing I do when I get home is call a friend, and I'm so exited my 14-year old nerd boner is about to explode!
Next time he tags along and the guy has exchanged his DE team for a small lizzardmen force, and I can instantly see the look on my friends face, he is hooked! With minds blown over the awesome factor this hobby brought with it, we shared a box of Warhammer fantasy 3ed, and even got a third friend to catch on. Now, almost 20 years later, we still enjoy this hobby!
>>
>>46212573
>that New Coke story?
Source?
>>
>>46218305
I'd play some Mordheim with you, but I bet you're not where near me.
>>
File: 1456508799651.jpg (137 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
1456508799651.jpg
137 KB, 528x960
>>46218305
I'm jelly. Post pics when it's done.
>>
can we get a comprehensive list of stuff you can do with Warpstone?
let's start
>eat
>snort
>plug into wiring as batteries
>burn like fuel
>burn like incense
>burn like explosives
>channel magic through it
>channel electricity? through it
>stick it into wounds
>use it as bullets
>use it as gunpowder
>use it as poison
>...
>>
>>46218305
how much did that cost?
>>
>>46218634
Use it as bait
>>
>>46218658
hm, now we need a modification of bait picture with skaven instead of fish and waprstone hook
>>
>>46218276
Keep in mind nehekara was getting flooded by daemons before the invasion happened, they weren't in the very best shape when Nagash arrived. When Nagash did come, he expends most of his power to create a giant cloud of necromantic Magic that boosts even his scrub necromancers into masters. Even with this the vampires were losing handily to settra before Nagash cut off their access to the underworld. This allowed Nagash to defeat SETTRA since his anti magic gear didn't work anymore. Without Settras will protecting them, and without any ability to raise fallen troops, the rest of the tomb kings either surrendered or went out like bosses
>>
>>46218634
Warpstone is a booster, mixing it with anything makes that thing better.
>>
>>46218719
>mix warpstone with more warpstone
>>
File: IMG_2828.jpg (434 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2828.jpg
434 KB, 1000x1333
>>46218613

I live in Sweden. My friends all know Mordheim is pure gold, and I can see a manly tear of nostalgia gathering in the corners of their eyes every time someone mentions it. Hell, some of my best and most fun memories from youth comes from that game alone!

Im hoping this terrain, painted and on a good looking battlemat, will strike like a hammerblow to the old wargamer hearts, beating life in to it once more!
>>
>>46218719

>makes it better

That can be discussed. It changes the properties of a substance, but not necessarily for the better. This is Chaos taken form remember, you might get your blood exchanged for dog piss for all you know, before you stick that stone in!
>>
>>46218833
>Sweden
Yeah, US here.
>>
>>46218833
This explains how easily you guys were conquered by muslims.

>>46218873
Actually the process of just using warpstone will make something better, exposure to warpstone in general causes mutation.
>>
>>46218994
how comes Warlock Engineers ain't mutated?
only Moulder creations mutate for some reason
>>
>>46212573
I don't believe GW would do it on purpose.

But if AoS truly bombed the way people think it did they might put the 8th ed rulebook back up on their website as a quiet gesture of conciliation.
>>
>>46215973
Me and some friends from school got into 40k, then one of them invited me round to play Fantasy. It turned out he had bought the 6th edition set with Orcs vs Empire.

We played a game and I was kinda put off by how easily the Orcs got rekt, but it turned out my friend hadn't been playing the rules right.

He thought cannons automatically hit, the wizard automatically had all spells, and the wizard automatically cast those spells.

When asked about why he thought these things, he responded with "I didn't see any rules about them in the rulebook"

My later introduction to 7th edition was a lot smoother.
>>
why both Dwarfs and Norse share viking names and aesthetic? are they related?
>>
>>46219420
Dwarfs have always been close neighbours with humans. They range the entire World's Edge Mountains so any humans close to them would have some contact with dwarfs, even if it's just a little. From there all it takes is one guy to take a dwarfish name to start it off and a few generations later there's a Bjornsson in every village.
>>
>>46211845
>That already happened, the empire got shit on.
>Bretonia is smaller yet much more united and competent.
>what

I don't think there has ever been fluff about the empire getting wrecked by bretonnia, and if they were it was in really old fluff that has little resemblance to anything around now. Both nations spend most of their time fighting themselves, true unity is actually pretty rare.
That being said, a fully United bretonnia launching an errantry crusade into a divided empire would probably result in bretonnian victory.
>>
File: Trap-Bait.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Trap-Bait.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>46218679
Something like this?

Fresh-New from Photoshop
>>
>>46219505
snout should be more ratty, I'd say - kinda hard to tell what it's supposed to be - but pretty much yeah
>>
>>46219527
had problems finding a good profile shoot from scaven, if anybody has something id be thankful
>>
>>46219544
any rat would suffice
generic rat would be better recognizable
>>
File: Trap-Bait2.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Trap-Bait2.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>>46219587
Good point, updated
>>
>>46219637
awesome, will be used!
>>
>>46219449
>Both nations spend most of their time fighting themselves, true unity is actually pretty rare.
>That being said, a fully United bretonnia launching an errantry crusade into a divided empire would probably result in bretonnian victory.

Bretonnia has had only one civil war as far as I know (not counting the retarded end times civil war).
>>
>>46219654
Two, but they were started by the same Dukedom and got their shit slapped by the rest of the country each time. Seeing that Mousillon was more trouble than it was worth, the King stripped it of its power and didn't install a new Duke to rule it.
>>
what are those errantry wars you people talk of?
is it what I think - all those pennyless Knight Errants going WAAAAGH! into foreign countries with official Bretonnia being sorta "What? Errants are independent. Not our problem."
>>
>>46219673
It's official as the King is the one who declares an Errantry War. It's basically the fastest way to gather an army as boys as young as their early teens grab their armour, strap on their swords, jump on their horses and make a bee line to where the army is being mustered. You get a lot of young and eager to impress teenagers with weapons to throw at an enemy when you don't want to wait for the more experienced knights and their retinues.
>>
>>46219654
The brets aren't getting in full blown civil wars, just petty dick measuring contests between nobles or bratty Knights errant when there isn't a strong enough King or a big enough threat to unite them. 8th edition mentions this as being a pretty big problem for them since they have such massive egos. These are the kind of guys who start minor wars because someone insulted their ugly wife (actually in the fluff), im sure there's all kinds of hilarious reasons why the brets fight each other
>>
>>46219690
how is different from regular war? why do those pennyless and eager to impress teenagers require King's call?
>>
>>46219690
They all come from noble families, and they at least all have hand me down armor and horses so they aren't penniless. They just don't own land yet and aren't official Knights of the realm
>>
I recently finished rereading Dune and this got me thinking...

ain't Bret Damsels basically Bene Gesserit?
>>
>>46206372
My personal pet peeve is the several hundreds years of complete technological stagnation the Empire has had in the middle of its steampunk 30 year war thing.
>>
>>46219728
The army is a lot bigger but less experienced, as it's mostly made up of young noble sons who go on crusade to become full Knights of the Realm. If they distinguish themselves, and survive, they earn their full knighthood and can even be granted a fief of their own.
>>
>>46219758
so why don't all Errants assemble for each and every war that Bretonnia fights? or Errantry War means it's JUST Errants?
>>
>>46219757
it's influence of Chaos.
it made High Elves arrogant, it made Dark Elves cruel, it made Empire stagnate, it made Brets stagnate even more.
CHAOS DID IT.
>>
>>46219774
Knights Errant do join normal armies, but an Errantry War army is almost exclusively Knights Errant. Other knights do fight in an Errantry War but the younger men often go ahead and fuck things up like Crusaders often do.

>>46219778
>>made High Elves arrogant
What a load of horse shit.
>>durr we didn't choose Malekith cuz chaos whispers in our ears
It's the perfect example of fixing something that wasn't broken.
>>
>>46219797
>What a load of horse shit.
>It's the perfect example of fixing something that wasn't broken.
that's from 8th Ed Elf armybooks.
>>
>>46219815
I know, that's my gripe. 8th was pretty bad for just about everyone involved. Not choosing Malekith because he was too much like his father and grew up in a torture-bdsm palace made more sense than CHAOS DID IT CHAOS DID IT
>>
>>46219669
I know one about the false grail and I think Mordred. What was the other?

>>46219716
Thought they just jousted the fuck out of each other or duels, not really battles or skirmishes.
>>
>>46219881
Merovech was the first time around. He had horrible dreams where he thought he was Landuin, the first Duke of Mousillon, reborn. He crushed the Skaven when they tried to unleash the Red Pox on Bretonnia, and during a victory feast he was challenged by the King to a duel because of his inhumane treatment of peasants and his overall dickish attitude to everyone attending. Merovech ripped out the King's throat, drank his blood and prepared for war with the rest of the kingdom. A new King was installed and he waged war against Mousillon, and eventually Merovech was slain. It's more of an insurrection than a full on civil war.
>>
>>46219902
Ah, yep that sounds familiar. I really need to go back and read the old lore.
>>
>>46219827
>Not choosing Malekith because he was too much like his father and grew up in a torture-bdsm palace made more sense

That's exactly what happened. The Elves wanted peace and they saw that Malekith would mean that they will not have it. The Chaos Gods knew should the Elves march to war, they will finish Aenarion work and deny the world to Chaos forever. So the Chaos Gods deepened the Elves doubts and fears of Malekith.

This is a long line of WHFB fluff that's suppose to reflect the tragic nature of the world. Factions and characters in the world were put in a cross road situation where the right choice would save everyone but circumstance always made them pick the choices that would doom them and the world.

What's funny is that the Elves had more of these situations than most factions.
>>
>>46219969
It's still a detail that wasn't necessary. The First Council had reason enough not to choose him, making it Chaos' fault is a weak cop out. Even if we believe Malekith could have stopped Chaos forever, it would be a better story if it fell to the coucil's own fears and doubts. Not Chaos hitting the plot button. That way if any of them knew, they'd have their own "What have we done?" moment and not be able to blame it all on the daemonic equivalent of scopalamine.

I don't care for Malekith being the hero we needed not the one we deserved, but if it were left to the hubris of mortals I could at least stomach it.
>>
>>46220012
>but if it were left to the hubris of mortals I could at least stomach it.

The whole idea of Chaos is to fuel hubris of mortals and manipulate them walk to their own self destruction willingly. It's all within the character of the setting.

Also since they retconned the Pleasure Cults to be non-Slaaneshi, they had to move the Chaos influence of the Elves elsewhere.
>>
>>46220068
There's a difference between hubris and making Chaos do everything. If Chaos were to have had a hand in everything, then we may as well have had Caledor II shave the dwarf ambassadors because Chaos said so, or Nagash create Necromancy because Chaos said so. Influencing events is fine, specifically daemons in disguise, but 'Chaos Did It' is lazy writing.

The Pleasure Cults retcon was also a bonehead move. It changed it so that a god who was the only Chaos brother to offer the elves anything to gods that already existed, but were for some reason nearly banned and self destructive.
>>
>>46219778
>Chaos made the Slaan sleepy and dizzy
>Chaos made the Elves extremely arrogant
>Chaos made Dwarfs unreasonable arrogant

But must epic of all

>The damnation of Be'lakor and his rise to daemonhood tainted the hearts of all men. If a man looks deep into the darkness of his own heart, he will find Be'lakor staring back at him

I guess that leaves the greenskins with no fluff as to how the Chaos corruption affects them. If there is any fluff about that, I couldn't find it.
>>
>>46220123
unreasonably stubborn*
>>
>>46220123
Khrone looked into Greenskin souls, then looked at Gork and Mork and said "You niggas did my job for me."

>dat Belakor shit
that's some top-grade bullshit
>>
>>46207787
>Someone Kills Settra
here's where your scenario fails
no-one kills Settra
took Death incarnate to scatter him, though not kill
some petty mortals ain't got shit on Settra
>>
what makes Kislev different from Empire so it needs its own armybook, apart from 2 special characters?
>>
>>46220410
Game wise or fluff wise?
>>
>>46220435
both
>>
>>46219026
Moulder intentionally mutate themselves, skaven in general are a stable mutation and it takes a lot to get their bodies altered.

There was one skaven who got trapped on the outside of an air ship and traveled through a storm in the chaos wastes, he got mutated into what was essentially a small vermin lord but looked majestic as fuck.
>>
>>46220459
The army list is a lot smaller, but it functions as an Allied Contingent as well as its own force. The footmen have greatweapons and bows, with the ability to fire at the same accuracy when being charged. They are also stubborn, so even with the lack of armour they'll stick around longer than the average Empire equivalent.

The fluff is a lot of vodka, grit and KISLEV STRONK. They're on the doorstep to Chaos infected lands so they're always the one being shit on first whenever Chaos waxes strong. They have mostly good relations with the Empire, though some see them as cowards who let Kislivites die while the Empire remains safe. It's ruled by Tzars and magical Tzarinas from the same dynasty, as opposed to the Elector Counts choosing from their own number.
>>
>>46220410
Never got it's own book from GW, just a White Dwarf supplemental allies list that had 4 units, a hero, and 2 special characters.

It's literally !NotRussia/Poland. They could have expanded upon it to make something cool, but then the same could be said for Tilea, Estalia, Araby, Ind, Nippon, Cathay, Border Princes, and Norsca.

But people didn't really want more human factions. I personally would have loved for their entire world to have been fleshed out.
>>
>>46220410
Nothing, they have a signature knight unit and weild ice magic but they're just the empire with less black powder.

>>46219449
It's not recent but it isn't old fluff either.
>>
File: dragons above Caledor.png (6 MB, 2107x1334) Image search: [Google]
dragons above Caledor.png
6 MB, 2107x1334
>>46220546
>>I personally would have loved for their entire world to have been fleshed out.
This. I would have bought the shit out of purely fluff supplements. Big tomes that detail whole races and nations during the 6th edition timeline. Like Liber Chaotica or Liber Necris but for humans, elves, dwarfs, etc.
>>
>>46220546

Cathay would have been so damn cool.

They could have even added non-humans to it. I mean, I'd love to see a Sun Wukong hero in it.
>>
>>46220597
>every cliched Chipan must have a Monkey King
oh god, why? why must stuff be so cliched?
>>
I'm thinking about playing Beastmen in Mordheim. Any experience/opinions about their warband? Tips for list building?
>>
>>46220410
Ice magic,bear riders,higher alcohol resistance.

This is exactly that kind of stuff you would like to see in a codex supplement
>>
>>46218348
Problem with the metal stormvermin are that their heads are way too big. They don't fit together, either. I have to put a few Marauder ones in behind the champion and flag, and those clash with their better proportions and upright posture.

Complaining about the plastic sprues does invite comparison when the metals suck, but they were made when GW was making ugly Skaven models in general. The 6e plastic Skaven are notoriously ugly.
>>
>>46221290
Ugly? You say these are ugly?

I agree.
>>
>>46221365
Most of the first run of multipose plastics are amongst the worst Citadel sculpts ever. The Skaven are bad, but the Chaos Warriors might be the worst of all time.

When they first came out they were 20 bucks a box, though, I shit you not. At that price, it was well worth it.
>>
>>46218352
>>46218393
>>46218689
Which is how GW wrote TK out of Warhammer forever so ticks could get more attention.
>>
File: Chaos Warriors.png (2 MB, 1854x709) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Warriors.png
2 MB, 1854x709
>>46221446
My friend had those old Warriors. They were impossible to rank up.
>>
>>46221539
I'd maintain that an entire regiment of the older one pose plastic Chaos Warriors would look much better on the table than those hunchbacks on the right. The newer ones on the left are better than both, though. Tall and imposing, like something with base 4 stats should be.
>>
>>46207127
Do you have more of these with other minis?
>>
>>46221539
The left ones are the best looking rank and file models created by GW yet,it is unfair to compare 6th chaos to them
>>
>>46221539

Oh god I hate the old chaos warriors, aka hunchback horrors. While the new kit certainly doesn't come with a lot of customization as far as the pose goes, it fits well within a regiment, and they look grimdark, my favorite era of warhammer (right around when Mordheim hit the shelves).
>>
File: hq_chaoswarriors1.jpg (742 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hq_chaoswarriors1.jpg
742 KB, 1024x768
>>46221724
These are what they replaced. They aren't great models, but at least they aren't misshapen hunchbacks. Also whoever painted them forget about the shields.
>>
>>46221821
Those would make nice campaign markers.
>>
>>46221845

Yea, like keeping score on vp or such.
>>
>>46221845
None of the one pose plastics are horrible. They aren't great, and they only look passable in an entire regiment of clones, but they are nice in a nostalgic way. When I was a little kid, to answer the "how did you discover Warhammer" question, my friend's older brother had an attic filled with Warhammer and Epic, mostly plastics, including the one pose guys. So I like them for that reason. No one will ever be nostalgic for the 6e Chaos Warriors (I hope).
>>
>>46221821
The first models of any sort I ever owned were five of these dudes from that old painting starter set they used to do. Therefore I get pretty nostalgic over these chunky fellas.
>>
File: chaos warriors.jpg (519 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
chaos warriors.jpg
519 KB, 1296x968
>>46221821
Hunchbacks are by far the worst chaos warriors ever made, the old metals are better and the old mono pose plastics are better
>>
>>46221980
Love the Mad Max looking fellow (? Gal?).
>>
>>46219505
Needs more of a rat nose and jewhands.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 350x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 350x248
>>46220622
No wargame has a monkey army yet.
>>
>>46222084
see
>>46221365
>>
>>46219755
Well, as far as I know they don't have an eugenics program nor marry the ruling class. But I might be wrong about the latter.

>>46219969
The chaos bullshit is new, baseless fluff that only chaos edgelords accept. But overall, this >>46220103 .

>>46220369
Sadly in the 8e TK book he dies to a chaos barbarian lord. An unknown one, by the way.

They really fucked up the TK fluff in 8e.
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 780x585
AoS rumors time, because they affect model availability and one day lightning may strike (no pun intended) and we'll get something feasibly useful outside Anime of Starjammer.

Order book next week. Rumor is 21 factions. Ten are Elves, fuck the A, split between model types like "Phoenix Temple" and "Witch Covens" that blend models from all three factions.
One faction is Dwarfs and humans in the same group and rumor is all artillery is just that faction now.
Biggest rumor is Brets are gone, across the board. Hope you guys that wanted some stocked up. If not, likely last chance both from GW and secondary market before prices increase 300-1000%.
>>
>>46222264
>Sadly in the 8e TK book he dies to a chaos barbarian lord. An unknown one, by the way.
That was good though, because Settra coming back and wiping out more Norscans than any other faction has in revenge was a great anecdote.
>>
File: 13ChaosWarrior-Silver.jpg (157 KB, 1023x826) Image search: [Google]
13ChaosWarrior-Silver.jpg
157 KB, 1023x826
>>46221821
Those still look a lot like their original HeroQuest counterparts
>>
>>46220410
Bear cavalry.
Holy battle bears.
The only faction that can use ice magic, led by a sorceress.
Hard hitting, lightly armored, cheap, iconic cavalry.
Horse Archer skirmishers.
Bardiche & arquebus elite infantry.

Basically Bretonnia if they weren't faggot queermo french who hated infantry.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>46221365
That filename.
>>
>>46222276
do chinamen make brets?
>>
>>46222084
no army, but still everything has a Sun Wukong, goddammit.
>>
File: 1.jpg (49 KB, 448x640) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
49 KB, 448x640
>>46223134
>>
>>46222987
Kislevites don't have bear cavalry. Just the priests of Ursun.

And even then, the only guy riding a bear we hear of is Tsar Boris.
>>
>>46223134
So there's unexplored territory.

May as well complain about all fantasy having goblins.
>>
>>46223227
goblins are variated though.
orcs are variated.
elfs are variated.
even dwarfs are, though to a lesser degree.

every Wukong I've seen is a fucking copy of every other Wukong.
>>
There aren't even good Chinese historicals. I've looked. Only good range is Khurasan's 15mm Qing.
>>
So it finally happened:
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index.php?news/260-new-deamon-of-wrath-model-up-for-pre-order/
Thoughts?
>>
>>46223386
>5.5 cm
>50mm base
okay, it's gonna be one tiny-ass Bloodthirster. then again, it's pointless to compete with FW and GW bloodthirsters, so this guy needs his niche, I guess

what's more important is they are getting their own line! woohoo! IT HAS BEGUN!
>>
>>46223386

It was just a matter of time. I kind of hoped it won't happen, and they will go back to do a non-profit stuff, but given their goals to monetize the project it was inevitable.

Sadly this will be the beginning of the end as they were safe before creating models, now GW will go after them and shut them down.
>>
>>46223386
>http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index.php?news/260-new-deamon-of-wrath-model-up-for-pre-order/

He looks like undetailed shit honestly
>>
>>46222264
Chaos whispering and corrupting stuff has always been a thing.
>>
>>46223501
models come from 3rd party producers. 9th Age itself is still technically non-profit.
>>
>>46223386

Looks shitty, and the last thing we needed was another daemon prince. Alert me when they are making quality TK, breton or Dogs of War models
>>
>>46223527
for instance it has corrupted WHFB into chaos-wanking shit
>>
>>46223533

Yeah, the lawyers and the court will decide that not you or me
>>
>>46223523
he look like 3D render to me
undetailedness always more noticeable in renders than in real things
>>
>>46223493
>what's more important is they are getting their own line!
Not exactly. It's a new cross-compatable model, not 9th age branded and designed.
>>
>>46223549
Chaos wank was always a thing since it was introduced.
>>
>>46223574
that's irrelevant
>>
>>46223574

pinktaco pls go
>>
>>46223217
Not hard to extrapolate from the fact that Ursun is Sigmar-tier important to Kislev.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 620x320
>>46223323
Not true.
>>
>>46223386
Meh.
Let me know when a Malal range comes out. Or Daemons of Order.

There's plenty of third party options for Daemon Princes and Bloodthirsters already.
>>
>>46223836
>Or Daemons of Order.

wut

I hope they aren't doing stormshits
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.