[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rage thread? Last night we went to a new LGS for some EDH: Holy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: Whyyyy.gif (284 KB, 460x343) Image search: [Google]
Whyyyy.gif
284 KB, 460x343
Rage thread?
Last night we went to a new LGS for some EDH: Holy shit why does MtG attract some of the worst social autism ever?
>Get there, two guys already there
>First guy is skinny whitey with a stutter playing casual slivers
>Second guy is tubby whitey playing Goodstuff grixis
>Everytime Sliversguy plays a card, Tubby goes "OH GAWD NOT SLIVERS HOLY SHIT DEAR LORD WHAT THE FUCK WHY SO BAD SOMEONE KILL THAT!" at the top of his lungs
> Slivers guy tries making conversation a few times "S-s-s-so how are you g-g-g-gu...." "YEAH HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING WE GOT IT" tubby yells over him.
Poor kid had enough trouble finishing sentences but this tubby's deck had no real wincon, just card draw and counters: He spent every turn taking over people and yelling out cringeworthy things
I'd like to play a game where people dont spend 55 mins bullshitting with "memeing it up" and dont have anything better to do than be a dick.
>>
So you prefer games where everyone is silent? Looks like you are another kind of autist
>>
No, I perfer when people don't bully or scream out every little thing.
>>
>>46199919
>whitey
>whitey
nigger pls go and stay go
>>
>Pathfinder
>Mistake #1, hosting online game
>Mistake #2, hosting ransoms from roll20.
>Get 48 replies in under 24 hours.
>Throw out the ones that obviously just copy-paste applicators without reading the game description or system. Down to 20.
>Throw out the ones that don't reply to messages in 23 hours. Down to 10.
>Knowing I'll get flakes I get all 10 to try and come to the game on time.
>2 have scheduling issues and drop, 3 flake halfway through the first session. 3 of the remaining 5 don't show up to the next session.
>I'm stuck with two people who would rather play pathfinder than 5e.
>Delete game, delete account, oath to only play games in person from now on.
>>
>>46200210
not even black but w/e be racist
>>
>>46200234
>ransoms
I'm pretty sure you should turn yourself in.
>>46199919
Where are you at?
>>
>>46200418
Texas
>>
>>46200451
I'm sorry.
>>
>>46199919
Youve discovered something: That /tg/ is allways either too thin or too fat.

Why?
Curse of the elder gods perhapse...
>>
>>46200487
It's not so bad most days.But some nights when The other tables are full with D&D, the smell is like the pastures: Almost the same as manure.
>>
EDH at my (kind of) local store doesn't have horrible people (except the one guy who hates EDH and played a chaos deck just to be an asshole, but he never won), but the house rules make winning with non-combo pretty much impossible so I stopped going.
>>
>>46200588
I'm sorry. I don;t think i'd play at a store with house rules like that. I'd like my meta to have more 1v1 but 4+ man games are the norm so most games end with someone casting Rings+Basalt M. and comet storm
>>
>>46200234

Mistake #1 wasn't playing online friend

It was DONT PLAY PATHFINDER WTF WHY DO YOU HATE YOURSELF
>>
>>46200522

Do you live in the middle of nowhere? I've lived in Texas my whole life but I'm from a city. When I moved north everybody was sad that I didn't have a Texas accent.
>>
>>46200387
>whitey
>ok
>nigger
>omaygosh das racis
Woah.
>>
>>46200667
I live close to Houston, but i'm from Idaho. Ya'll has become a staple in my vocab and it's really pronounced when I start to drink, but other than that I don't have the southern drawl.
>>
>>46200682
Whitey and nigger are nowhere similar is terms of how bad they are.
>>
>>46200715

>close to Houston

How close? I actually grew up pretty close to Houston too. Lived in the North side, now my parents moved down to the southern side (and a lot closer into the city too).
>>
>>46200744
20 mins North. Close by FM 1960
>>
File: 63666.gif (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
63666.gif
210 KB, 500x500
>Opposing player keeps calling Imperial Guard "Astra Militarum"
>GTFO NEW FAG DONT LET GW'S ORWELLIAN NAMECHANGING WIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46200741
They're both racist you dumb nigger. There's no real 'terms' of racism.
>>
File: 2pNqfNG.jpg (98 KB, 469x700) Image search: [Google]
2pNqfNG.jpg
98 KB, 469x700
>>46200741
You're not wrong, but at the same time the only people who care all that much are the ones with literal candy vaginas.
>>
>>46200781

Near like Conroe?

Sorry for being so nosy, I just think it's interesting running into someone from so close over the internet.
>>
>>46200797
Lol k cuck keep thinking that. I'm not black. Short of my farmers tan i'm a pasty fuck and call myself whitey all the time: it's not a big deal down here.
>>
>>46200819
Humble, but close. No shit though you live close?
>>
>>46200845

I used to. We were south of Conroe, in Klein. Now they live in Houston itself, I think towards the Southwest side. Broadway, the Gulf Freeway, and Hobby airport are all really close.

I moved up to Vermont for school.
>>
>>46200492
I am pretty average actually. I just don't visit any clubs because of horrible stories I read on /tg/
>>
>>46200492
Or maybe it's because fa/tg/uys spend their free time at the gaming table instead of the gym or kitchen.
>>
>>46200887
Ah shit :/ I'm always down to play with new people. How's Vermont treating you? You guys still have snow?
>>
>>46200937

It's been off and on. Usually at the end of winter it'll be nice out then it'll go down to barely below freezing, then it gets nice again until it just stays nice.

Sorry for getting your hopes up, anyways. I wouldn't have minded a game either.
>>
>>46200845
Not the guy you were responding to, but I live in Katy and I'm wanting to get into get into /tg/ stuff with a group close to where I live. Any recommendations as to FLGSs on the West side of town?
>>
>>46201050
I'm not super familiar with the area but I did stop by Odyssey on my way to Sugarland, and they were decent by most standard: A solid 4/5 store.
>>
>>46201128
Cool, I'll look into it.
>>
>>46200234
Why is roll20 so shit?
>>
>>46199919
I visited last week a LGS for the first time to get into MtG. It was nice and they recommended me to come to a draft. They were all nice and had average bodytypes except for two fat guys and nobody smelled.
There was a competetive guy who told me a bit about MtG tournaments (after I asked him). He looked at my draft deck and gave me a few tips. He wasn't sure about the status of the casual MtG group around here though.

It was pretty nice.
>>
>>46201543
While that's not rage, i'm really glad that you had a good time. Two of the LGS in my area closed down in the last two years: While not due to shitty people, it's due to shitty people. I'm also really glad it didn't smell. 7 out of the last 10 times i've been up to this new one someone reeks like piss.
>>
>>46201602
>While that's not rage
Yeah, I went offtopic without noticing . I was a bit surprised that stuff like that exists even though I was lurking for some time now and just posted without properly thinking.

I was expecting the worst when going there though
>>
File: SuwakoSanae.jpg (179 KB, 540x666) Image search: [Google]
SuwakoSanae.jpg
179 KB, 540x666
>playing EDH
>expecting well-adjusted people

found the problem.
>>
>>46200210
And you must be translucent because you skin is too thin to hold any color
>>
>>46200797
>Portrait of an idiot
>>
>>46201260
It isn't. You just need a fucking miracle to find a good group. Done it twice now. Been with both groups for over a year. I don't have to suffer shitty D&D or Pathfinder games to find games to enjoy anymore, because my groups enjoy Shadowrun, Fate, Exalted, L5R, and literally anything else.
>>
>>46199980
Dealing in extremes is a sign mental/emotional deficiency.
>>
File: 1419722158303.gif (871 KB, 322x166) Image search: [Google]
1419722158303.gif
871 KB, 322x166
>mfw that guy keeps reading from fanfiction sites when we're playing a game.
>"Oh hey, here's a good story-"
>NOT THE TIME
>Tested him last time we played DW.
>He's playing a Salamander.
>Go over the breaching strategy and he's not paying attention.
>"And then we'll take the darkie, set him on fire and hang him from a cross."
>Full minute before he looks up and goes "Hmm? What's up?"
If I ever get enough sack to DM a game, rule 0 is "NO LAPTOPS" unless necessary.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.