[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: dragonmaw clan.jpg (265 KB, 900x693) Image search: [Google]
dragonmaw clan.jpg
265 KB, 900x693
>Dragonmaw edition

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft universe as a tabletop RPG setting. Play nice and keep the shitposting to a minimum.

>Previous thread:
>>46167274
>>
File: Orb of the Sin'dorei.jpg (86 KB, 658x509) Image search: [Google]
Orb of the Sin'dorei.jpg
86 KB, 658x509
Turned into blood elf wat do
>>
Completely new to this topic so I'm probably making a huge fool out of myself, but is there a reason Warcraft shouldn't be viable? Or am I completely missing the point?
>>
>>46198810
As I understand it, it's a question of when you set your game. Setting it in the time of the RTS games should be fine, but doing it during WoW time complicates things a bit.
>>
>>46198757
Find better armor.
>>
>>46198914

Blood elves only wear skimpy outfits though.
>>
>>46197156
Blizzard has stated that Tandred isn't canon.
>>
File: If I were a blood elf.jpg (87 KB, 512x515) Image search: [Google]
If I were a blood elf.jpg
87 KB, 512x515
All my characters have a blood elf costume

Nothing like having your stoic, mustachoid male human paladin take a vacation as a blood elf girl in a bikini armor now and then
>>
>>46198757
suck on big green dick
>>
>>46198840
I think other than the RTS, Vanilla WoW has the second strongest leaping off point for a table top setting. The rebuilt, reborn and fledgling nations of the world have just come back into moderate power, and each face threats within their realms.

The Forsaken have to deal with the zealous Scarlet Crusade, savage worgen plaguing their woods, and the Scourge battering at their walls and only getting stronger. The Ironforge dwarves have to deal with the guerrilla attacks of the Dark Iron dwarves, the emergence of the mysterious, brutish troggs, and the remnants of the Dragonmaw Clan.

Each nation has their own set of threats that could easily be elevated into a more dire threat, rather than low level mobs that you hack through in the beginning of your leveling.
>>
>>46199835

Gaaaayyyyy
>>
how would you run a Scarlet crusade based campaign set during early wow?
>>
>>46198840
also, a lot of game mechanics don't translate well from WoW to the more popular PnP games
>>
>>46200149
Start it during the third war, repeatedly hammer home the futility of the resistance against the scourge

Then kill off the party and have them come back as forsaken during the Vanilla WoW period
>>
>>46198757
>panic
>remember Blood Elves live for more than 1,000 years
>less panic
>>
>>46200788

Draenei live longer, so it's a trade down for her.
>>
>>46199316
Lyrissa please
>>
>>46200739
What would be really neat is to have the final stand that they have be in a big final fuck you to the scrouge before they are torn down from their barricades. So something like they were part of a rear guard that had to hold the line to allow their brother and sisters to flee as they had lost an engagement from the Scourge and needed to regroup.

Heck with Tyr's hand and the surround lands there you could have the Players' be instrumental in the founding of that place as a scarlet holdfast.

That being said, what all are the Scarlet crusader's holdings? I know of the monastry, the chruch in Stratholme, and then the areas surrounding Tyr's hand. Is that it or are there more I'm missing?
>>
>>46201467
tyr's hand was a scarlet city.
Various parts of tirisfal glades were controlled by them.
>>
>>46201467
>>46201503
They used to own Hearthglen (Where Tirion's son dies to betrayal) and a few towers in Tirisfal Glades.
>>
>>46201025

What? What did I do?
>>
>>46201581
They also patrolled major roads in the plaguelands.
>>
>>46201678
And they were FUCKING BASTARDS
>>
>>46201695
I miss when they were still loosely affiliated with the Alliance and had emissaries with them. It made the dynamic between human factions much more complex and interesting.
>>
>>46201743
Yeah there was that shade of dubious mortality with the Alliance since the crusaders I bet used the excuse of FUCKERS HELP US FIGHT OFF THE UNDEAD BATTERING AT OUR DOORS

While the Alliance stood there and said, "Why don't you move out?"
>>
>>46201833
>why don't you move out of the scarlet monastery, perhaps one of the holiest shrines in the eastern kingdoms and leave the cities and villages in the eastern plaguelands that you have held on to, as well?
>>
I liked hearing stories like the one about the Headless Horsemen where you see what the Scarlets were like outside of LUX VULT thing. They seemed really sympathetic about everything the guy was going through. They also seem to get an unnecessary blame for being xenophobic when they had statues of elves and dwarves they considered heroes. They were literally just Lordaeron without the crown.
>>
Alliance sucks dicks
>>
>>46202009
Ya, I enjoyed the vanilla version of the Crusade more than the wotlk version simply because while they were a minor faction they threw a cog into the scourges plans for the plaguelands. I really wished that blizz had made them have a rep attached to them much like the bloodsails where if you killed the argents you would gain their favor.
>>
>>46199863
>I think other than the RTS, Vanilla WoW has the second strongest leaping off point for a table top setting.
I think it might actually be a bit better, with how it expanded the world from the more tightly focused RTS setting.
>>46202329
The Scarlet Crusade is easily my favorite human faction in WoW. I kind of feel that they have everything that the current human depiction is lacking, which results in a sort of imbalance making humans feel bland and uninteresting. If they had a bit of Scarlet injected in them, I think that might fix a few things.
>>
>>46203360
What exactly are the compelling points of a Scarlet crusader that are missing in all of humanity?
>>
>>46203628
A drive to retake what is theirs?

Fanaticism that should exist in some way?
>>
File: 1439290180813.png (532 KB, 936x1136) Image search: [Google]
1439290180813.png
532 KB, 936x1136
>>46201625
you're trying to corrupt the innocents and you know it
>>
>>46203628
Well, there's what he said: >>46203693

Their ruthlessness was also quite nice.

The current human outlook is just a bit too naive, to the point where they look stupid. The Scarlet Crusade may have been just as stupid, but I think a mix would balance things out. As it stands, Stormwind is the dullest enemy faction in-game.
>>
>>46203907

At least I'm not posting furries.
>>
>>46203922
The humans are trying to overtake the draenei as the moral compass of the Alliance.
>>
>>46201833
Stormwind was under control of onyxia and she refused every reinforcement request.
Which is why every town had their own militia to begin with.

It was cool to see the people's militia in Northend.
>>
>>46199863
>>46203360
I agree that Vanilla WoW is probably the best to set a campaign in, unless speciffically doing one where the players are fighting in the third war. You have a lot more freedom to explore when it isn't all about fighting off the Scourge and the Legion, Horde and Alliance have solidified as proper factions (in WC3 Horde only really settles down on Kalimdor after the events of main campaign), and Blizz hadn't shaken the status quo a lot or messed up with the lore much at that point (Vanilla WoW is mostly pretty low key; the only major lore character that gets killed is Kel'thuzard, who'se "only" a lieutenant of the Lich King and being a lich, wasn't even truly killed anyway).

Maybe do some retcons, like not make Night Elves part of Alliance and Forsaken part of the Horde (neigther really made much sense in the lore and was pretty obviously made just so people could play as NElves and the Undead while keeping the "two factions" setup for gameplay reasons).
>>
>>46199863
Classic WoW is THE tabletop point in WoW lore. After all, that's pretty much what it was designed to be. That's the design paradigm MMOs followed back then

How times change
>>
File: 1390966863745.png (820 KB, 497x863) Image search: [Google]
1390966863745.png
820 KB, 497x863
>>46203922
Naïvete is largely setting-dependent. One setting's grizzled realist is another setting's evil bastard, and one setting's blind fool is another setting's true hero. Stormwind's humans have an outlook that's somewhere between realistic and optimistic for the Warcraft universe, it's mostly just Anduin and Varian who take forgiveness to extreme levels.

That said, I did enjoy it whenever the Scarlets were portrayed in a halfway-sympathetic light, no pun intended.
>>
>>46204224
I wish that instead of the Duskwood Mlitia turning evil in legion they finally get their reinforcements from Stormwind, but the REINFORCEMENTS are evil.
>>
File: carlcuck[1].jpg (39 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
carlcuck[1].jpg
39 KB, 600x615
>>46204354
>Duskwood Mlitia turning evil in legion
Please be shitting me
>>
>>46204391
And we get to murder them all. :^)
>>
>>46204294
>it's mostly just Anduin and Varian who take forgiveness to extreme levels.
Which is kind of weird to me, as while I haven't really followed wow lore that closely after Cataclysm, back in Wrath at least Varian was essentially Alliance Garrosh (before Garros went full-retarded): agressive and warlike, and advocating direct military action against the opposing faction even when they were at the doorstep of a far greater common enemy.
What caused him to do a complete 180?
>>
>>46204391
The guard captain and her father the Mayor have the last name "EbonLocke," same as the boss from Green Fire.

So clearly they must be related and also evil despite the fact that it literally just means "Back Hair."

So they turned the whole Night's Watch (Including fucking Ladimore) against most of the town, and you kill them in the Assassination Rogue Artifact questchain. I guess you should call it the CHARACTER assassination Rogue now.
>>
>>46204391
The Assassination Rogue artifact quest reveals that the Night Watch has turned evil and are now Legion collaborators. They murder half the town and leave the other half cowering in their homes.
>>
>>46204476
Not a *Complete* 180, but he's relatively mellowed out, partly due to Anduin and partly because of Saurfang mourning his son in Icecrown.
>>
>>46204294
What exactly was her plan with "disbanding" the horde anyway? Kill everyone? Internment camps? You can't just "disband" an alliance of nations.
>>
>>46204528
Be angry because her willing military outpost was destroyed by a tactical strike.

Seriously, Jaina could have avoided all of it by remaining fucking neutral.
>>
>>46204528
Kill or capture the exhausted Horde leadership and military.

Offer only the harshest of terms.
>>
>>46204547
>blaming characters for Blizz's disregarding writing of "make video game happen"
>>
>>46204547
nah. It was destroyed by a WMD and she was already a part of the alliance. She should have sunk the niggerhovels.
>>
>>46204573
>be Jaina
>settle a peace with the Horde because there isn't really any reason to fight
>daddy comes, takes over your town and uses it as a staging ground to fight the Horde
>kill him
>join the Alliance anyway because "muh racial unity"
>get nuked
>>
>>46204560
>Offer only the harshest of terms.
And then what, occupy them to force the terms? Tauren, Trolls and Orcs are friends after all, not just allies of convenience
>>
>>46204573
>Not only back the Alliance but give them a direct road into the heartlands of the horde
>Give them aid in destroyed and murdering many Tauren civilians.
>Directly assault Sen'jin and Durotar in times of hardship

It's like poking a sleeping bear and be angry with the outcome.
>>
>>46204612
execute their leaders if they disobey, grab their spiritual leaders while you're at it
>>
>>46204596
You forgot
> Be raidboss two addons down because lolblizzard
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 325x547) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 325x547
>>46204547
>Magic!Nuke
>tactical

But also

>military outpost
>is a city
>>
>>46204522
Saurfang sr is too good for this world, just give the old orc a break
>>
>>46204649
And how is pissing the barbarians off and riling them up going to accomplish your plan to disband them?
If anything, they'll grow closer together.
>>
>>46204649
Their Spiritual leaders ARE their leaders.

You kill Vol'jin Thrall and Baine and you have fucking Anarchy.

That's AFTER the fucking cataclysm caused by actually trying to kill Vol'jin Baine or Thrall.

I mean fuck, if a fight EVEN STARTED in the throneroom, how do you expect the Alliance leaders to even survive?
>>
>>46204653
>the largest Alliance port in Kalimdor
>houses or deployed almost all of the non-Sentinel Alliance troops in Kalimdor
>not a valid military target
>>
>>46204688
jaina literally has a titan keeper's power in her staff.
>>
>>46204659
Nope, he's got the Legion to kill.

That is literally his goal in Legion.

He's going to kill every fucking demon ever.
>>
>>46204705
Thrall was LITERALLY the Earthwarder.

Or better. Vol'jin LITERALLY has the Loa of Death in his pocket.

Jaina was the only Alliance character with any actual ability to bite back against the Horde leaders.
>>
>>46204705
I'm still not sure how "disbanding the Horde" is supposed to look like.
Tell their leaders not to cooperate with each other and threaten to kill them if they don't obey?
>>
>>46204749
no, destroy their capability to make war. disarm the populace and install a police state.

>>46204747
She can also freeze time and teleport people out.
She should have drowned the city.
>>
>>46204749
Yeah, I don't exactly understand how Jaina expected to disband the core of the horde.

They're literally neighbors in a land they tamed for themselves.

It's not like she even said something like dissolving them into the Alliance.
>>
>>46204629
Tauren Civilian deaths at Taurahoe were accidental, and though the decision to attack a semiaffiliated survivalist school that frequently trained and supplied passing soldiers is not exactly the most sound I can see arguments for and against it.

>>46204573
>>46204573
>>46204629
Destroying the mostly-evacuated Theramore was one thing, but SoO showed that he intercepted the escaping civilians at some point.
>>
>>46204693
>second or third largest Alliance city on Kalimdor
>houses almost all the non-night elf/Draenei civilians
>a valid WMD target
>>
>>46204241
Ok then during the time of Vanilla wow, what would be the best set up for this? I personally would want to start in Khaz Modan and work my way to the wetlands then Arathi then begins the FUN job of retaking Lorderon from teh Scourge bit by bit.

If I recall right, the main reason why the settlements in the Dwarf kingdoms have issue is due to the army being sent to all over the place to protect her allies and interest leaving the home front to be alone for the most part right?

So would something simple like needing to clear out a frost troll cave, gather meats for the spring thaw and maybe even doing something with clearing out a mine shaft filled with troggs be a good start?
>>
>>46204788
>Accidental

Yeah, no, you can't accidential attack a circle of tents filled with hunters. No shit it supplied soldiers, the barrens is the Hordes heartland.

The Alliance were the INVADERS there was nothing altruistic about their assault.
>>
>>46204817
>implying the Tauren aren't invaders

That is rightful Quillboar and Centaur land
>>
>>46204817
they literally allow civilians to escape before assaulting the settlement. that is as altruistic as you can get in an open war.
>>
>>46204794
>City is supplying a direct assault line into the heart of the Horde that has had Horde civilians killed.
>Not valid.
>>
>>46204688
>without its masters command, the restless horde will become an even greater threat to this world
>there must always be... a warchief
metzen is that you?
>>
>>46204836
>Allow civilians to escape
>Kill a majority of them anyway

Let me guess

>B-But the commander didn't order it.

Get a better Commander.
>>
File: 1448993288759.png (151 KB, 474x426) Image search: [Google]
1448993288759.png
151 KB, 474x426
>It's an "anon get frustrated that the Horde is literally Blizzard's golden child faction" thread.
>>
>>46204866
More like Alliance baby get's tired without riding on a high horse.
>>
>>46204851
>allow civilians to escape
>they choose to make a stand
>they die
abloobloo Remember my 2 tents on a road.
>>
>>46204834
Nigga Tauren are one of the oldest species on Azeroth, they predate the War of the ancients that birthed the Quillboar and the ugly buck fucking that spawned the centaur.
>>
>>46204794
>surrounded by the territory of a neutral power
>join their enemies and start making a huge contribution to their war effort
>get bombed
>muh civilians
>>46204834
fuck off Aggamagan
>>
>>46204893
>They defend their homes
>Slaughter them and loot their homes
>B-But we left a vauge conduit for them to run through!

How about this.... don't invade the fucking barrens and attack the Tauren?
>>
>>46204899
>orcs start a huge war
>deploy WMDs
>get their hovel saved because of plot armor.
>We dindu nuffin. The night elves trying to keep a good orc down
>>
>>46204877

>Implying an MMO built around two major factions should not have equal representation of both factions
>Implying Blizzard's been doing a good job portraying the Alliance well

Reminder they literally made the Blood Elves into a Horde race because they wanted more people playing Horde, and compensated the Alliance by giving them furries.
>>
>>46204922
how about this, Don't follow a retarded orc who wants to whet his bloodlust and cry about the consequences.

The alliance directly allowed civilians to escape.
The horde captured fleeing civilians and impaled them.
That is the difference between the two factions.
>>
>>46204851
Some of the Alliance people did go rogue, there are quests to execute them.

And yes, simply leaving an avenue for escape without announcing it was sorta a bad move that led many civilians to defend themselves and buy time that they didn't actually need to buy.

>>46204922
They needed a second front to pull pressure off of Ashenvale and Stonetalon.

A fight Garrosh basically started.
>>
>>46204950
>>46204947

And Garrosh started the war because the Alliance-Horde peace summit basically turned into a "Blame Garrosh and the Orcs for a massacre the Twilight council actually did"

Garrosh did many things wrong, but the start of the Cataclysm was Garrosh defending the Horde from an aggresive Alliance through the good old tactic of trying to strike first.

Ashenvale was a war since forever because the Horde needed those resources, but the elves refused. They even refused to teach Tauren how to use wisps when the Tauren ASKED.

There is no good or bad side in this conflict, it was basically the Alliance and Horde at it's most dickish until eventually the Horde grew guilty while Garrosh became an egomaniac.
>>
>>46205008
No, the horde literally said - So what if orcs skinned those druids, we are not allowing you to investigate.
>>
File: gudboy.jpg (256 KB, 850x863) Image search: [Google]
gudboy.jpg
256 KB, 850x863
>>46204929
>grom was gud boy, dindu nuffin
>was layin' off dat demonblood and gettin back on track
>just started going to spirit lodge and turn his life around
>need more lumber for dem warmachines
>>
>>46205027
No, Garrosh refused to bow down to the Alliance who were already making assumptions. He was headstrong, and instead of actually trying to make Garrosh see reason, all of his advisors and trusted retainers just turned on him.

Because like I said, Cataclysm was when everyone was a dick
>>
File: 1435898221162.jpg (49 KB, 620x427) Image search: [Google]
1435898221162.jpg
49 KB, 620x427
>>46205008

>Ashenvale was a war since forever because the Horde needed those resources, but the elves refused. They even refused to teach Tauren how to use wisps when the Tauren ASKED.

>A nation is justified in conquest if they ask for the resources first, and are refused

Boy oh boy imagine telling people that Nazi Germany was justified with invading Poland and France because they "needed it."
>>
>>46204547
Then Jaina's idea of Flooding ogrimmar would be completely justified too.
Its the biggest Horde military base and destroying it would wiped out the entire Orc population base.

I hate Horde fanboys
>>
>>46204528
How did you think the axis was disbaned after WWII?

A simple alliance of nation is the easiest to disband.
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85 KB, 749x720) Image search: [Google]
1418521657981.jpg
85 KB, 749x720
>>46205093

When were the Horde really given a bloody nose, anyway? It always seems to be a case of "oops, sorry" repeated again and again.
>>
>>46205008
>And Garrosh started the war because the Alliance-Horde peace summit basically turned into a "Blame Garrosh and the Orcs for a massacre the Twilight council actually did"
>Garrosh did many things wrong, but the start of the Cataclysm was Garrosh defending the Horde from an aggresive Alliance through the good old tactic of trying to strike first.

An attack he did eventually claim wasn't his (After quite a while IIRC) idea but openly praised anyway.

And apparently the Nightelves HAD been trading wisp lumber to the Horde (Though i always thought wisp "Lumber" was an abstraction of "Nature Energy" used to grow Ancients etc and being able to build non-Treant structures with it was just gameplay mechanics)

Cata was BAD writing, and I feel awful for the Horde players who had their faction's honor stained so badly, I'm not the kinda person who gets angry at the faction for Kosak's WC2 and Sylvanus boners.
>>
>>46204747
All aspect lost their power.
Every person still dies to pistol shot directly at head in WoW.

Stop with the power creep idiocy already
>>
>>46205093
If Jaina would have given warning and let the Civilian populace evacuate, sure.

I didn't actually see anything wrong with her idea of destroying Orgrimmar beside the fact that Orgrimmar is quite a bit more of a civilian target than Theramore, even when Garrosh makes it even more of a Military base.

>>46205147
Just pointing out how stupid it is, Gallywick was able to fucking Duel Garrosh in a vision until he got stabbed in the back by his mate by accident.
>>
>>46204787
Break up the Horde command structure.
Remove the warchief and force Horde back into several independent nation.
Its not difficult to understand if you have basic knowledge in politics.
>>
>>46205181
>Force them back into independent nations

How exactly do you do that then when the Tauren Trolls and Orcs culture right now is intermingled?

How do you split up the Orcs, Trolls and Tauren without going back to camps and just forcing more rebellions.

Let's put this into perspective, how exactly do you stop the tauren from doing what they want?
>>
>>46204851
There was never said majority of them died in the assault.
Go find the text on it or I call you bullshiting like every horde fanboy in the thread.

>>46204950
Again, Bullshits.

Those soldiers went rogue after the war to loot the settlement, and you were merely tasked to bring them back for disciple, not execution.

Taurajo massacre is a cata myth that's already abolished with later published text.
Only retards still think its a massacre.
>>
>>46205268
>H-Horde fanboy

I play a Human, I just find Alliance fanboys pathetic because they REFUSE to see how the Alliance was fighting dirty in the Cataclysm.
>>
>>46205216
don't allow them to form a fucking military then.
>>
>>46205123
Never, because BZ writers are all Horde fanzoys as we all know.

>>46205177
The horde never gave warning about the WMD.
Theramore is as big a civilian target as Origmmar
Stop with the bullshits.
>>
>>46205216
They are not, they have separate leader and ran as separate nation.
Else Baine and Vol'jin are as responsible to Garrosh's action as Garrosh is, since they will be directly supporting him.
Is it that difficult to understand?

Stop talking if you don't know how politics works.
>>
>>46204747
>Thrall was LITERALLY the Earthwarder.
I don't think he ever held ALL of Deathwing's power, just enough of it to fool the locks on the pre-WotA Demon's soul.

(Funnily enough, the post-WotA Demon Soul's Anti-Deathwing measures were shown to block Shamanism as far back as Day of the Dragon when the Dark Shaman Zuluhed the Whacked couldn't use it. Well, SOME aspect of the Demon Soul blocked Shamanism/Dark Shamanism, it's totally clear post-cata that it was the Deathwing Lock placed on it at the end of WotA)

>>46204895
We're not TOTALLY sure Agamaggan didn't create the Quilboar before he died, his spirit was pretty sad over them being evil dicks, and if they were just born from his blood after he died would he really give that much of a damn about them?

>>46204899
Hey, don't diss on Agamaggan man, he's fucking awesome.

>>46205177
>If Jaina would have given warning and let the Civilian populace evacuate, sure.
Garrosh gave a warning but had the civilian evacuees captured and tortured anyway. Or they got captured by the South Seas pirates and sold to the Horde who then tortured them.

>>46205268
It was a myth, but a very well executed one. It was shocking enough if you only saw half of the action that I actually quasi-RPed my overleveled horde character testing the quests and ganked the hell out of the alliance people in that battlefield suth of the camp, keeping the forsaken's hacksaw to dismember as many corpses as possible.

>>46205313
They gave a lot of warning hints that they'd be invading with conventional forces, mostly so the Alliance would send more reinforcements into the trap, but it also allowed at least a partial evacuation.
>>
>>46205292
Show me the text then asshole.
Tell me where they say they massacred tons of civilian?
Tell me where did they say the soliders went rogue in the middle of the fight?

Lying will get you nowhere, fanboy.
>>
>>46205292
Both sides played dirty in cata!
>>
>>46205356
I only vaguely recalled a few of the soldiers having gotten out of hand mid battle. But I can't actually say for sure that they did. I only ran Southern barrens once as alliance.
>>
Metzen breaks into your house and drunkenly demands ideas for the expansion after Legion.

What's your pitch?
>>
>>46205356
>>46205313

>Starts getting rabid and saying S-Show me the texts anon

Go do the fucking quests on both sides, Taujario was a clusterfuck because the Alliance commander is an inept dumbass and the Tauren are a race who have learnt running only gets them killed.

>>46205369
Oh I agree completely, like I said above, Cata is both sides being cunts to each other.
>>
>>46205337
A very well executed myth is still a myth once you read the story.
And go ganking low level player is just a dick move that I never do.

They didn't gave a lot of warning, Baine sent someone to inform Jaina of their attack, nothing more.
>>
>>46204816
Continuing this thought trail...
Probably make the players have to be stuck with certain races when they start out unless we go through with them being a bit higher level and working out of more contested areas like the wetlands.

Though for teh dwarven kingdom to start out with I could see you allowing players to play as humans, dwarves, gnomes and I think that would be it for the most part as that's all the Alliance would have wouldn't it?
>>
>>46205382
The ruins of Taujaro are filled with fucking looters.

Thats not a "few" soldiers.
>>
>>46205382
They did not, show me the text or I call you bullshiting.

Hawthorne said the attack was a complete success and the quest text says they broke from rank after the battle.

>>46205390
I did do the quest on both side and both side shows most civilian escaped.
Which is why you get a quest on horde side to help the civilian that escaped taujoro but got caught by quillboar or shit.

Like I said, show me the text or you are just another lying horde fanboy.
>>
>>46205118
The Horde isn't the Axis.
The Axis was completely ruined, fractured and fucked up. The conquered territories were just waiting for a possibility to split off, the economy was wrecked and even THEN you had decades of occupation.
I don't think the Alliance has the fucking ressources to occupy the Horde for that long.

>>46205296
The Horde IS military.
Tauren are huge-ass beasts made of muscle and horns.
Trolls are as quick as they are viscious and they can grow back their fucking limbs.
Any given Orc is still bigger and tougher than a human.
And on top of that, the land itself probably hates your guts thanks to their shamans.
Trying to occupy Durotar, the Barrens, Mulgore or the Echo Isles honestly sounds like a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>46205421
Looters, not killers.
You also forgot how the game cannot show the actual size of an army.
>>
>>46205429
>Most civilians escaped
>Only named ones are about three.

Keep the strawman up though man, I'm Alliance through and through.

I just don't enjoy defending dishonorable tactics under faction pride.

Lothar wouldn't do it.

>>46205455
The Village is still full of enough looters they drive off the Civilians.
>>
>>46205434
So you agree the Horde can be disbaned, just not as easily as AXIS was.

Don't have to occupy, most of the Horde nation structures are intact like Italy was.
The most you need is one force in orgimmar.
>>
>>46205462
You're kind of avoiding the question, aren't you?

I'm interested to see the text myself.
>>
>>46205473
Everything can be done if you just throw enough resources at it.
I just don't think it's feasible for the Alliance when they have all this other shit going on.
>>
>>46205462
Then what are those taurajo refegees that you save in When Plants Attack and Bad to Worse?
Huh?
And there's at least 5 named NPc made it out, lier.
Lying will get you no where fanboy

Where is your texts again?
Why I am the only one have to give out proofs while all you have is your disgusting dirty mouth?

The Entire village was leveled so no civilian would return during the war, what difference does it make again?
>>
>>46205519
There was nothing going on except the war with the Horde by the End of MoP.
WoD only happend AFTER Garrosh escape.
They can direct all their resource into this.
>>
>>46205455
Actually, if you're arguing for Taujaro then you need to take into account earlier attacks actually forced the Tauren to wall up Mulgore, cutting off Taujaro from it's logical retreat point, causing the Tauren Civilians to be forced into more hostile territory.

In short, the Alliance mercilessly attacked the Tauren, Surrounded and cut off Taujaro and then felt a pang of guilt and let the Tauren run off into their deaths

The Alliance effectively caused the Tauren to commit suicide and tried to claim the moral high ground, when, in reality, Jaina was already on good grounds with the Tauren and could have avoided the entire thing with Diplomacy with Baine and could even have swayed the Tauren to aid the Alliance.

>>46205485
>Alliance quests say they launched the attack on RUMOURS
>Tons of Tauren ORPHANS in Camp Una'fe

>>46205531
>You save some survivors
>T-That means Taujao is a LIE

You're the one starting to get fucking rabid and raving like a fanboy you fucking stupid cunt.
>>
>>46205544
The Alliance was badly damaged by the war in MoP and needed the time to recover it's strength.
>>
>>46205554
The whole expansion was a poorly written clusterfuck.

Though they did a decent job at only showing the Horde enough of the story of Taurajo to get them angry.
>>
>>46205554
The wall was made AFTER Taurajo was destroyed to stop the alliance's advance. dumbass.
Go read Tides of War.
I am sick of tired of retards who don't read lore but think they know how the story went.

The alliance quest never said they attacked on "Rumours".
What Hawthorne said:

Ah yes, our assault on the Horde town of Taurajo. I struggled with the implications of the decision.
Taurajo was admittedly what you might call a 'soft target,' primarily a hunters' camp. Still, it had been used to recruit, equip, and train Horde infantry for many years.
When our scouts reported that Taurajo's most dangerous units were out on the hunt, we had to act quickly.

How many lies are you going to make fanboy?
Why don't you shut your dirty lying mouth and get out of the thread like the worthless cunt you are?

And you still can't give me where did it say lots of civilian died in Taurajo when there's so many refugee on the road.
Where is YOUR Proof you son of a bitch?
>>
>>46205580
The Horde just went through a Civil war and will be in a WORSE position than alliance.
The allies wasn't without their scraps when they defeat the axis you know.
>>
>>46205544
Azeroth couldn't go two years in the last two decades without some major shit going down. I don't think throwing the remainder of your forces after the MoP debacle was a good idea for the Alliance.

Personally, I'd fucking love it if the Alliance absorbed the Horde and my Blood Elf could finally talk to his human friends again.
>>
>>46205554
Here's Hawthorne's final lines in your chat with him:

Taurajo had a significant civilian population. I wanted to ensure that they could escape the fighting, and many did, finding refuge in the north.
There are some, even in Alliance High Command, who argued that I let an opportunity slip away. That I should've taken hostages. But I don't see the value in those sort of terror-tactics.
Hear me out, <name>: I want this war to end someday. It won't ever stop if we butcher or imprison civilians.
I just pray that there are those on the other side who see things as I do.

again, you have shown no proof except you never read the fucking Lore through out the thread, why do you even talk again?
>>
>>46205654
Russia literally drowned Germany in people.
The Alliance doesn't have the Gnomes for that kind of tactic. They have vastly superior numbers, yes, but they need them back home to not get their shit pushed in by all the other shit going on.

I'd bet Sylvannas would fucking love it if the Alliance transported a significant chunk of their forces to Kalimdor.
>>
File: N'Zoth.jpg (249 KB, 1497x2048) Image search: [Google]
N'Zoth.jpg
249 KB, 1497x2048
Well, we just got full art for N'Zoth himself. How about that?

As this is an RPG thread, how would you handle the Old Gods in a tabletop game? Would you treat them more as crazy tentacle monsters or as actual, but very alien, gods to the inhuman races that serve them?
>>
>>46204712
That probably is a break for him
>>
>>46205705
There was no other shit going on by the end of MoP.
did you even read what I said?

Why would Alliance transport a siginifigant chunk of their force to Just kalimdor when Forsaken is part of the Horde?
why do you always assume alliance are retarded
(which I admit they are in the story, but if they had the brain to disband the Horde they won't be THAT dumb).
>>
>>46205705
yeah, the alliance has to keep the majority of its army home at all times or otherwise sylvanas will wipe out stormwind and ironforge
>>
>>46205639
>>46205688

>He doesn't understand the entire fucking situation was set up by an ALLIANCE just to cause more bloodshed.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24637/the-butcher-of-taurajo

Read the post in green you fucking invalid. The Entire fucking game was rigged from the start.

Unclear orders.
Convict prisoner soldiers.
A genocidal "Ambassador"

Hawthorne was a general who was lead into a deathtrap.

Or did you forget the line "...What's this? A death warrant for the General here! This is good to know... Very good to know...".

And how the Ambassador says that General Hawthorne would have realiated with an attack if he survived the Assassination... when that is exactly what Hawthorne didn't want.

Alliance High Command in the Barrens was corrupt as fuck.
>>
File: WoW - Night Elves.jpg (644 KB, 1116x1213) Image search: [Google]
WoW - Night Elves.jpg
644 KB, 1116x1213
>>46204294
I gotta admit Jaina's voice sounded sexy as hell when she said "Dismantle the Horde" in the cutscene. I got a bonor from that.

Also posting favorite race. The Night is always beautiful beyond words.
>>
>>46205766
After Chronicle came out, its clear they are just crazy tentacle monsters.
So I guess just treat them as regular monsters.
>>
>>46205705
>I am a retard please rape my face

Did you watch too much enemy at the gates?
>>
>>46205766
drops phat lewt for 1d4 investigators per round
>>
File: 1412205071726.jpg (161 KB, 450x618) Image search: [Google]
1412205071726.jpg
161 KB, 450x618
>>46205804
Psst
Hey
Taz'dingo
>>
>>46205787
>There was no other shit going on by the end of MoP.
They weren't exactly at 100% of their strength themselves and LOOK at the History of Azeroth in the past 20 years. By now you have to assume some stupid shit is going to happen within two years.

>Why would Alliance transport a siginifigant chunk of their force to Just kalimdor
Because you need the forces to occupy the Tauren, Orcs and Trolls. THEY are the core of the Horde. Trying to occupy and conquer Lordaeron isn't going to net you shit, other than a long war with lots of soldiers dying to disease and plagues. And it sure as shit isn't going to get you far in disbanding the Horde.
At best you are going to break the Undead and Elves off. That's not going to scratch any Tauren's arse, because the matters in Azeroth shouldn't really be the concern of the Horde in the first place.
>>
File: warsong-Waifu.jpg (101 KB, 878x570) Image search: [Google]
warsong-Waifu.jpg
101 KB, 878x570
>>46205846
>You'll never rut furiously with an Orc or Troll girl
>>
>>46205705
>I'd bet Sylvannas would fucking love it if the Alliance transported a significant chunk of their forces to Kalimdor.
But Sylvanus was literally right there to be assassinated.
>>
>>46205887
rip in peace best girl
>>
>>46205766
I would make it that the shit they do is just creepy, like one of the servents in a game i remember had the ability to wear people like skins by living in their bones then when they needed to shed their human selves they would burst free and cahse you down to eat you.
>>
>>46205802
and that green post proves there's a massacre? no it says the opposite.
why are you still bullshiting to me?

This is the text of the quest:
> Clap 'Em In Irons
> Our policy of conscripting non-violent criminals from the Stormwind Stockades has come back to haunt us, <name>. Some of my less-scrupulous soldiers broke ranks after our victory in Taurajo and are looting the remains of the city.
> This is a breakdown in discipline. Worse, the desecration of their homes only spurs the enemy to fight harder when our ultimate goal should be peace.
> Take these manacles and bring the Taurajo looters to justice. Speak to them first, but you may need force to subdue them.

Where did it say the convicts slaughtered civilian again?
Actually it says the exact opposite because they moved in "AFTER" Taurajo was destroyed.

The Ambassador wants Hawthorne dead precisely because he was a nice guy who refuse to cause Horde civilian casualty.
Yes the High command don't like Hawthorne as I posted, and that's why massacre in Taurajo never happened and what you were spuring is a bunch of bullshit

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF OF TAURAJO MASSACRE???
>>
>blizz will never let us kill sylvanas and remove undead
>lordaeron will never be great again
>>
File: greymane4.png (119 KB, 631x675) Image search: [Google]
greymane4.png
119 KB, 631x675
>>46205960
>>
>>46205864
Except it didn't and they didn't have to put all that force back home.
Why are you keep making stuff up?

No they don't, Tauren and Trolls are fine to let them govern themselves. All the Alliance needed was to occupy Orgimmar and break Orc's presence in Horde.
Without the Orcs Horde will fall apart into multiple factions, which is all alliance needed.
They are DISBANDING Horde, not destroy horde, learn the difference.

You have no idea how politics works.
>>
>>46204712
Saurfang is the best.
>>
>>46205982
>Except it didn't and they didn't have to put all that force back home
It's not about what they need back home, it's about what they need to invest to conquer and hold AT LEAST Durotar.

>No they don't, Tauren and Trolls are fine to let them govern themselves. All the Alliance needed was to occupy Orgimmar and break Orc's presence in Horde.
You never played WC3, did you?
>>
>>46206021
and post wc3 the tauren and trolls have settled peacefully.
>>
File: 1377464537880.jpg (27 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
1377464537880.jpg
27 KB, 318x307
>>46205982
>Kill the Orcs, kill the Horde
Hm
>>
>>46205942
There were a fair few civilian deaths because the chance to escape wasn't totally publicized, (A professions trainer and a ...baker? I think)
>>
>>46206088
well killing the orcs would ensure that the horde was a nonentity
>>
>>46206021
They are NOT destorying the horde, is it that hard to understand?
They only needed enough force to keep durotar Governed.

I was top 10 in WC3 ranked, thank you for asking.

And how does WC3 help explain how to keep Horde intact again?
Without Orc and the rlarge force forsaken and Bloodelves would have no reason to stay in the Horde.
After they broke apart is far easier to deal with.
Do you even know politics?
>>
>>46206088
The Orc made up the majority of Horde's force and Thrall's friendship with Tauren and Troll is what puted them in Horde in the first place, while BE and Forsaken joined for the Forces Horde supported.

Without the Orcs these elements will be gone and Horde had no reason to stay together.
Horde was pretty much made entirely from Thrall's personal charm and the Force he commanded.
>>
>>46206129
They chose to stand and fight, defending their home as warriors, and died valiantly.

It was funny back in cata how some Horde player used boasted that every Horde member can fight but bitch about civilian death when they fought and died.
>>
>>46206133
He's saying that the Darkspear and Tauren needed swarms of Orcs to run interference against the Centaur, Harpies, and Quilboar.

But that was BEFORE they Made Mulgore Great Again by building the wall and the Centaur and hopefully some harpies seem to be getting a bit less aggressive towards fellow azerothians, and the Quilboar may become sane again when Agamaggan finally pulls off a Cenarius/ Lo'Gash/Malorne.

>>46206203
>They chose to stand and fight, defending their home as warriors, and died valiantly.
And partly to buy time for an evacuation that didn't need time bought for it because the commander didn't plan to chase down and kill evacuees anyway.
>>
>>46206133
>They are NOT destorying the horde, is it that hard to understand?
You do know that you still need forces to conquer and hold the Orcs if you want to "remove them" from the Horde?
>>
>>46206133
>And how does WC3 help explain how to keep Horde intact again?
It explains the loyalty the Tauren and Darkspear harbor towards the Orcs.
Yeah, Elves and Undead might fuck right off if you cut them off from Kalimdor.
Tauren and Darkspear will likely stand with the Orcs.
>>
>>46205815
That's a shame. I kind of prefer how their spawned races revere them and the specifics of their faith, like how the Sha corruption disgusted the Klaxxi even when they still worshiped Y'Shaarj wholeheartedly. The Aqir insectoids don't really seem to be corrupted or insane when compared to other Old God worshipers, probably because they're already fully compatible with them and a part of the system. To the Mantid "Chaos is order unrecognized by a lesser mind!"

After Chronicles, I kind of think of them as alien anti-life terraforming units. Their corruption is more like assimilation, remaking the world and all the life on it in their own image in body, mind, and soul. Madness seems to only be for those who are not entirely assimilated or weren't born to it, which makes sense since the change should render them unstable.
>>
>>46206242
So... what was his point? that the Tauren and Troll still needed to Orc to protect them?
Don't think they did else SoO would never happened.

That was the flight masters' plan, but the others apparently were just being confused.
>>
>>46206315
was getting caught part of his plan?
>>
>>46206283
No you just need to break the Orcs as a steady power in The Horde, we are not talking about genocide or stuff like that, just destroying Orc's power structure.
Which is significantly easier since we are not talking about another war.

>>46206308
Yes and that is exactly why you have to remove Orc from Horde's power structure.

Yes, and that's all the alliance needed anyway.
We are just DISBANDING the horde, not killing them, remember?
As long as the Horde does not stand as they are now its a win.
>>
>>46206371
>No you just need to break the Orcs as a steady power in The Horde
How do you intend to do that without, well, another war?

>Yes and that is exactly why you have to remove Orc from Horde's power structure.
The Tauren and Darkspear aren't just going to stand by and do nothing, they are going to help the Orcs push back.
>>
>>46206365
getting caught?
The flightmaster died, you can free his spirit in a horde quest
>>
>>46206415
Negotiation, since Garrosh was by then settled as the cause of the War and BBEG you can definitely use it as a excuse to make Horde reduce Orc power presence in the Horde.
You even have the moral high ground

We are not talking about Killing orc or destory their lively hood. why do you always links "disbanding" with "attacking" anyway?
You can totally make a statement that even they have to agree on.
>>
>>46206417
so his spirit was captured.
Was getting his spirit caught part of his plan?
>>
>>46206470
I don't think asking the Orcs to pull out of the Horde is going to work.
I mean, what terms are you offering them for abandoning their friends and allies? The people that stood with them when they came to Kalimdor and through all the crazy shit that happened since Vanilla?
>>
>>46206492
Its not their spirit is caught, its that their spirit lingures without realizing they died.

The flightmaster did simply remark he need to go once u freed his spirit, so I guess he did plan to die.
>>
>>46206564
>the flight master crashed the alliance's plane with no survivors.
>>
>every expansion introduces new factions
>none of them were involved in the lore before
>and retroactively fitting them in is a hassle

Did no one think to tell the Titan Watchers about the whole "Legion invasion" during Warcraft 3?

>>46206492
Of coursh
>>
>>46206582
Garrosh Hellscream: Not the hero the Horde needs, but the one it deserves.
>>
>>46206622
Well congratulations, you got yourself caught,
Whats the next step of your master plan?
>>
>>46206537
I said break their power structure, not booting them out.

You could make the argument for the Horde to be a council-governed faction, removing the warchief position.
Then instate more other race than Orcs.

Open the Troll and Tauren to invite Orcs to join them and live with them, but not for Orcs to stand as a huge military threat as before.
You can even make a few more ridiculous offers then retract them when objected to show you are "open to suggestion".

The goal is to remove forsaken and Blood elves from the horde while reducing Orc's influence.
Its about diplomacy skills.
>>
>>46206638
He is what thrall deserves because fuck thrall with his glorification of the old horde.
>>
File: Garrosh did everything wrong.gif (1003 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Garrosh did everything wrong.gif
1003 KB, 400x400
>>46206654
CRASHING THIS GAME

WITH NO SUBSCRIBERS
>>
>>46206697
I imagine saurfang being like "what the fuck are you saying?! We slaughtered children there was no honor"
>>
>>46206697
old horde dindu nuffin

they were good boys

doomhammer was a hero
>>
>>46204596
Do you not remember the Theramore quests? Jaina's troops were actively starting to mutiny because of her neutral attitude towards the Horde.
>>
How brutally would the black templars pulverize azeroth?

>inb4 hurr durr 40kid get off my lawn
>>
>>46206779
p. brutally, but that's what happens when you mash two settings together that aren't on the same scale.

In-Game they'd just end up being a raid tier, so that'd be weird.
>>
>>46206831
man, I should go forth and spew this in the writethread.
>>
>>46205090
How does it feel to miss the point that hard?
>>
>>46206697
>guys we're the New Horde, all that warmongering is behind us
>name capital after Doomhammer
>name major outposts in the Eastern Kingdoms in his memory, as well as after Fel Horde leaders
>glorify the first orc to partake in Mannoroth's blood

>>46206831
Khadgar would have us farming them for raid gear in a month or two
>>
>>46206861
>implying that the Horde couldn't just set up lumber camps in Northrend if they needed lumber that badly.
>>
>>46206885
>so blanks running lose in azeroth and pulverizing demons and mages.
>>
>>46206779
>the Twisting Nether is basically just the Warp
Burning Legion confirmed for Chaos?

>>46206885
At least there'd be a reason to replace your gear with quest greens, it's from SPACE!
>>
>>46205331
>I totaly know politics!
>My subjective opinions are objectively right!

Ayn Rand, you are dead. Stay dead. The world is a better place without you.
>>
>>46205828
Read about any battle in the easter front, Russians always had far more soldiers and a metric shitload more guns.
>>
>>46207070
and they deployed them properly, and late war germans took more casualties than the soviets because they were throwing volksstrum units at the advancing red army.
>>
>>46207024
> have no point to make
> have nothing to say except insults

Hope you stay dead too.
>>
>>46207107
>Russia literally drowned Germany in people.
Should have been

>Russia literally drowned Germany in tactically deployed people

Then
>>
>>46207184
No, it should have been
>Russia drowned germany in war material.
>>
>>46206885
Fucking metzen said during the 2013 blizzcon that saurfang was his pick for an orc warchief, guess he got out voted
>>
Fucking thrall and his stupid "I wish i was a female so i could have groms demon seed" ass
>>
>>46207249
And outvoted again, considering it's now Rotttitts McBansheevagoo.
How the fuck did they explain that? Everyone hate's her stinking guts, how isn't the Horde breaking apart right now?
>>
>>46207377
Dave Kosak, that's why

This guy is literally cancer
>>
The character the player is playing in WoW seems to be treated as a hero who has done a load of shit / unstoppable juggernaut. How powerful would they in lore, if acknowledged?
>>
>>46207377
If I had to guess, Sylvanas got the title strictly due to seniority in the Horde. Consider that the other remaining leaders of the Horde (Baine, Lor'thermar and Gallywix) haven't been around as long. Consider the original three leaders of the Horde: Cairne is dead, Thrall retired to be the World Shaman, and Vol'jin - as of Legion - is officially listed as MIA he's coming back in a big way, don't kid yourself. That's my opinion as to why Sylvanas got the title.
>>
>>46207544
Blizzard stated that player characters are on par with every other heroes in WoW.
They are equals that fight side by side, not their sidekicks.
>>
>>46207956
Except when you take down the Lich King.
>>
File: 1442578648373.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1442578648373.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
>>46207715
>Rexxar has more gradentials than either Sylvie or Lor'thermar or the fat goblin
>can't be warchief because Blizzard forgot about it and never gave him any further development

The annoying thing was that Rexxar sort of embodied everything good about Grom Hellscream, which would have been a nice juxtaposition to Garrosh who represented everything bad about Hellscream
>>
>>46209065
Rexxar doesn't want the job. He wants nothing to do with politics, and when asked to return to the Horde, he said "Fuck off, I'm happy here."
>>
>>46209065
Rexxar is more happy in the wild
>>
>>46209088
yeah that's just a shitty cover by Blizzard. Rexxar ends the TFT campaign by stating he'll return in the Horde's hour of need. I'm struggling to think of larger hour of need than Garrosh fucking the place up or Sylvie taking the reins
>>
>>46209144
For what it's worth, Rexxar said "fuck off" way back in TBC.
>>
>>46209167
that's what I mean. For a character they built up so much in TFT, they just dropped him when WoW hit. He did some stuff in Vanilla (and to be fair on vanilla, most major characters did nothing) but then they basically forgot about him after TBC
>>
>>46209088
The problem with being Warchief is that wanting the job means you're probably not going to be good at it.

Garrosh was a decent military leader, albeit kind of an asshole, in Northrend. He was good where he was, didn't want to be Warchief.

Then he got made Warchief and decides he's the best fucking leader on the planet, turns into a colossal god damn bastard that wants to burn the world. Like someone flipped a switch and he went full murderhobo.

So yeah. Saurfang and Lor'themar would be great Warchiefs, because 1. They aren't emotional fuckwits that swing between depression and mania, and 2. They don't want the position, so the power hopefully won't go to their heads.

...Or you could give the job to Sylvanas. Who wants power, all the power, and has shown a willingness to abuse it. That's... an idea. Not a good one, but it's an idea.
>>
>>46205058
Lumber is the Orcs achilles heel clearly.
>>
File: 1411386381127.jpg (340 KB, 731x1279) Image search: [Google]
1411386381127.jpg
340 KB, 731x1279
>>46209269
just waiting on her to try to kill us in legion!
>>
>>46209330
Can we go to an alternate reality and swap our Sylvanas for vanilla-Sylvanas? I think it would be for the best.

For us. Fuck that other reality, I just want the Forsaken to be led by someone vaguely sympathetic.
>>
>>46209330
>no comfy fanfic for arthasxsylvanas.
>>
>>46209330
Kelly is yelling at Arthas to throw the damn urn in to the well.
>>
>>46209455
>No comfy Arthas x Kel'Thuzad fanfic.
>>
File: damn.gif (3 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
damn.gif
3 KB, 100x100
>>46204486
>destroying another Alliance city.

Not even surprised. That's what? Three expansions in a row?

>>46204547
>Calling a city-buster tactical.

Triggered.
>>
So what's the story behind Sylvanas' dreadlord?
>>
>>46205815
I don't really understand how this misinformation keeps spreading if you actually read it. They're not just regular monsters. They're still unknowable to mortals, and still have motives to destroy the world. That hasn't changed. Their creations still revere them, and only them. Nothing has changed except why they're doing it, which is that they were just kind of all splooged out into the world from the Void to go out and corrupt a Worldsoul.
>>
File: 120117_varimathras.jpg (152 KB, 585x350) Image search: [Google]
120117_varimathras.jpg
152 KB, 585x350
>>46209642
Varimathras was a dreadlord in service to the Burning Legion. After the Forsaken realized their independence from the Scourge, Sylvanas and her kin beat the fuck out of Varimathras's forces. She basically pressgangs the dreadlord into her service in exchange for his life, making him swear allegience to the Dark Lady. Surprise, surprise, he was never really under her control and spent years plotting behind her back. It all came to a head with the Wrathgate incident and the Siege of Undercity, where Varimathras uses Royal Apothecary Putress and a major chunk of the Forsaken to fuck over everyone and try to summon his "master." Fortunately, Thrall, Sylvanas and the PC beat the fuck out of him, and he's never seen again.

Proof positive that you never, ever, ever take a dreadlord at his word. Their greatest trait is that they are professional liars.
>>
>>46205473
Silly allie. Orgimmar wasn't even the strongest horde capital at the time, and it still isn't.
>>
File: 1363221796136.jpg (67 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1363221796136.jpg
67 KB, 282x341
>>46209977
>Grand capital of the Horde is not the Horde's strongest city
>>
>>46209977
>Try raiding Mulgore.
>Have to wait for the lift.
>>
>>46209896
for those that don't know what Wrathgate was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4rc5W4dKY
>>
>>46210010
>>46210014
Not knowing about Undercity's military supremacy.

Dark Lady watch over you :^)
>>
>>46209896
Thanks.

>>46210041
>Wrathgate
Knew about it. Just thought Putress was an uppity fuck, not that there was Dreadlord fuckery in the background.
>>
>>46210105
its for other people
>>
>>46209896
Those spoilers for Illidank's novel that talk about him nuking the dreadlord homeworld into oblivion

I haven't been hyped for a WoW book in quite sometime.
>>
>>46210014
>Who's defending Thunder Bluff?
>One max-level Elemental Shaman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veo_es0Qa0Q
>>
>>46210041
RIP Bolvar
>>
File: 1418845721590.jpg (178 KB, 1020x690) Image search: [Google]
1418845721590.jpg
178 KB, 1020x690
>>46205216
Maybe the trolls and orcs are, with the trolls lacking an actual city of their own for years, but the tauren's culture is vastly different from the rest of the horde. The horde is closer to the forsaken view of a collaboration of outcast nations banding together so as not to be destroyed by the much more unified alliance. Even without the night-elves or draenei the alliance would wreck all of the individual nations of the horde.
>>
File: Pandarian_jinyu.png (235 KB, 320x710) Image search: [Google]
Pandarian_jinyu.png
235 KB, 320x710
>>46205388
make them a playable race damnit
>>
How old is the steamwheedle cartel? In warcraft 3 Medivh tells everyone to sail to THE FORGOTTEN LANDS OF KALIMDOR, but we have places like everlook and gadgetzan in WoW. Have the goblins (and maybe by extension, the pirates) known about kalimdor for a lot longer? How about The Venture Company? One could imagine all of central/southern kalimdor to be a sort of wild west of goblin entrepeneurship - as long as you keep away from the night elves

and if thats the cae, someone in the eastern kingdoms must've heard of kalimdor before jaine and thrall went there
>>
>>46210140
I'm still laughing.
>>
File: 1350713475176.png (136 KB, 1920x1371) Image search: [Google]
1350713475176.png
136 KB, 1920x1371
>>46210485
>>
>>46205388
the scourge kills all of the forsaken

bolvar uses cheap undead labor to rebuild

the alliance kills all of the orcs and everyone is happy
>>
File: 1458109118987.jpg (154 KB, 800x1054) Image search: [Google]
1458109118987.jpg
154 KB, 800x1054
>>46205388
Let Jaina nuke the Horde like they deserve.
>>
>>46205388

The Alliance is the evil faction, for a change. End raid has the Horde and Alliance rebels laying siege to Stormwind to wipe out Nazi humans.
>>
>>46210660
Goblins as a race are incredibly young. At least them being intelligent is a fairly new occurrence.

Just checked the chronicle and they became intelligent enough through Kaja'mite to overthrow their Troll overlords a scant 100 years before the dark portal opened, which means that Undermine and the cartels is an even more recent occurrence.

Keep in mind that Kezan is much closer to Kalimdor than it is to the eastern kingdoms, and as far as we know Goblins were the first ones to have long distance air travel. So it makes sense for them to have more of the world explored than the races of the eastern Kingdoms.

Of course if anybody had asked a High Elf about an Eastern continent they'd have been able to name Kalimdor in a snap.
>>
>>46211400
Mean tot type western continent
>>
>>46205388
Major Horde-Alliance war. Both sides aggressively assholes about it. Jaina means Blood Elves are kill. Orcs mean Ashenvale is kill. Forsaken forces drive for Stormwind. Zones are Gilneas, Kul Tiras, and phased Wetlands (War Zone), Ashenvale (ALL ON FIRE), and Eversong (reminiscent of Bone Wastes in Terokkar).
>>
>>46211757
>Setting fire to Ashenvale
Way to waste the lumber. Sounds like something Garrosh would do.
>>
>>46211821
Lumber isn't even that good for metalworking.
>>
File: picard tea.jpg (363 KB, 800x610) Image search: [Google]
picard tea.jpg
363 KB, 800x610
>>46205388
Punch Sylvanas because LUX VULT. Aside from that, let it be a breather expansion where instead of a world-ending threat, the PCs get to embark on a golden age of exploration across Azeroth and under its oceans. Circumnavigate the planet, explore the southern oceans, and discover more new lands and civilizations. Make Admiral Taylor proud.

And for fuck's sake, let us dick around in a proper Azjol-Nerub zone already.
>>
>>46212032
But then how are we going to suck Thrall's dick for an entire expansion, anon?
>>
>>46205388
Kill WoW Make WoW 2, which retcons Cata and everything that came afterwards

Seriously, Cata is such a monumental clusterfuck that the only way to fix it is to remove it from existance.
>>
>>46205388
Titans versus Old Gods (Most of which are no longer kill. Can't keep those things down for good). Legit choice of side: Titans offer purification for their chosen few and a place in New Azeroth. Old Gods offer a life with free will mostly like you've been enjoying until now. Horde and Alliance break down in favor of patron factions. Old Gods centered in Ny'alotha, Titans in Uld(somethingorother), questing zones neutral turf where each side wants objectives. Raids on neutrals too powerful to let fuck off like former faction leaders and dragon aspects.
>>
>>46212098
He gets to be Worf.
>>
>>46212032
as long as I get a god damn alliance airship!
>>
>>46209896
Atleast putress had a great voice in that cutscene
>>
>>46210519
Fuck the fishelves
>>
File: ginyu force.png (363 KB, 646x393) Image search: [Google]
ginyu force.png
363 KB, 646x393
>>46210519
I would play one solely to get to WoD, acquire the naval title, and proclaim myself Captain Jinyu.
>>
What edition would a WoW RPG even use?
>>
>>46212942
DID YOU THINK WE HAD FORGOTTEN?

DIIIID YOU THINK WE HAD FORRGIVEN!?

>>46210519
>>46213188
OH good god.

>>46210105
>Knew about it. Just thought Putress was an uppity fuck, not that there was Dreadlord fuckery in the background.
Yeah, Blizzard fuckin removed the Post-Wrathgate Battle of Undercity in Cata. I still have no idea why.
>>
>>46212942
>create Putress
>give him a godly VA
>kill him off
o-okay...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.