[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with the sudden hate and mockery for this guy? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: 2nd_Co._Cpt._Sicarius.png (3 MB, 1123x1490) Image search: [Google]
2nd_Co._Cpt._Sicarius.png
3 MB, 1123x1490
What's with the sudden hate and mockery for this guy? Is there an actual reason for it? Was it there before the youtube series?

Are we seeing the emergence of a new "armless failure" like meme?
>>
>>46198338
Eh, I just dislike him because Graham McNeill made him seem like a bone headed, tactically inept fuckwit who goes with gut instincts.
>>
>>46198338
Lets be perfectly honest. He could be the next coming of the Emperor and with that helmet, be mocked until the next great race rises up to take humanity's place among the stars. While those style of head pieces were damn useful in war, during the ancient eras, they were never anything other then a tool to assure that you could spot your commander during the chaos of battle.

Tards are very distinctive. You can tell them by their attempts to understand memes.
>>
>>46198338
Part of the problem is Cato Sicarus' endless self confidence and self promotion is matched with more than a little plot armor and luck, and seemingly tremendous lack of tactical acumen

If he was actually COMPETENT along with being self aggrandizing and boisterous, he would be considered a bro and a beloved character.

Also people are still salty about SPIRITUAL LIEGE.
>>
THE UNDYING: I am the Undying, I am doom incarnate...

>He towered over me, this monster of living metal. He wore a crown with a red gemstone, torcs banded his mechanised arms and an azure pectoral hung around his neck. These were royal trappings. Here I fought a king of the dead, a robotic anachronism of an old and conceited cultured, full of darkest anima. Necrons they were called. His regal status only spurred me on.

>SICARIUS: We are the slayers of kings!

>I spat the words in anger at the gilded monster before me.

>He and I, we fought alone. None interfered. I had drawn only my sword, and would engage it thusly. For my victory to have any meaning, this was how it had to be. Even terms, his crackling war-scythe matched against my venerable Tempest Blade. But in the end, it was not my sword that was found wanting...

>After a savage duel, he cut me deeply. No foe had ever done that before. And with blood filling my mouth, I fell. I, Cato Sicarius, Master of the Watch, Knight Champion of Macragge, Grand Duke of Talassar and High Suzerain of Ultramar, fell. And as the veil of darkness wrapped around me like a funerary shroud, I heard the monster’s words again...

>THE UNDYING: I am doom

-Veil of Darkness

He actually talks like that.
>>
>>46198338
I always thought he was meant to be an utter cunt, a prime example of "so good but such a cunt" type of character that we all secretly love when he gets rekd and humbled.
>>
Titus is superior
>>
>>46202217
Titus is not canon.
>>
https://youtu.be/bM8YGsAmeqE?t=2m10s

because when you actually put his actions down on paper, he has been a huge fucking prick to his own guys.

>>46203325
And thus proof that GW would rather fuck over its good characters than fix its Wardian nightmares.
>>
>>46198338
I don't have anything against him, but TTS definitely paints him in a mocking light. I can't think of him without hearing that high-pitched voice anymore.
>>
File: Strike_Force_Ultra_Captain.jpg (66 KB, 550x620) Image search: [Google]
Strike_Force_Ultra_Captain.jpg
66 KB, 550x620
>>46198338
It's just because of Text to Speech. There was some dislike for him, but that was as part of the wider problem with the Ultramarines being too perfect. Now a lot of his flaws have been picked out and poked at, and everyone wants to join in the 'fun.'

And I think more people are liking Agemman now.
>>
>‘The point, my lord,’ continued Tigurius, ‘is that a decision must be made concerning Agemman. I know you value his counsel and his sword arm, but this is not the time to allow past glories and a lifetime of honourable service to blind us to the fact that Castra Tanagra has changed him.’

>‘Severus Agemman is a hero of Ultramar,’ said Calgar with a warning tone. ‘A hero of the Imperium.’

>‘That he is,’ agreed Tigurius. ‘No question. I stood with him on the walls of Castra Tanagra. I watched the two of you face the daemon lord, but he is not the man he once was.’

>‘None of us are, Varro,’ said Calgar, looking at the gaunt, drawn features of the librarian. ‘Perhaps you most of all.’

>Holding the daemons back from the walls of Castra Tanagra had drained Tigurius in ways Calgar could never know.

>Tigurius smiled grimly. ‘There’s truth in that, my lord, but you know of what I speak. The First Company needs a warrior who can lead them in battle, and Severus has never fully recovered from the daemon lord’s blow that struck him down. You know it, and I know it.’

>‘You would have me replace him?’

>‘I would,’ said Tigurius.

>‘And who could replace him? Sicarius? Ventris? Galenus?’

>‘It is not my place to say.’

>‘Since when has that ever stopped you?’

>‘This decision must be yours and yours alone,’ said Tigurius. ‘Much depends upon you making the right choice.’

>Calgar heard the subtext.

>‘Is there something I need to know?’

>‘Many things,’ said Tigurius. ‘But chief among them is that a new enemy gathers, an inhuman foe whose ancient mind is beyond anything we have faced before.’

>Tigurius looked up into the face of the Avenging Son.

>‘And we must be ready to face it.’

-Caldar advent short story

Agemman is no good. He has mad PTSD. He has to be put down. Calgar must find a new captain for the first before facing off against the new rising threat that is approaching Ultramar.
>>
>>46203854
To be fair, only Tigurius has said anything about it. We haven't actually seen him suffer from PTSD, and if Asmodai can keep his job when he is half-insane over a Fallen that ruined his day, I think Agemman can keep doing what he has to do. And quite frankly, there's no one really better for the job - he's a hero, a pillar of the Codex Astartes, and Calgar obviously values his counsel, and I doubt that Sicarus is much of an adviser.

And for all we know Tigurius has been tainted by the Hive Mind and is unwittingly serving their will.
>>
>>46203854
>a new enemy gathers, an inhuman foe whose ancient mind is beyond anything we have faced before

Who?
>>
>>46204052
>We haven't actually seen him suffer from PTSD

Actually, we did.

You should read this.

>http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/two-kinds-of-fool-ebook.html

>Captain Cato Sicarius leads his Ultramarines brothers into the space hulk Final Absolution to destroy the alien genestealers lurking within. Vowing to follow the dictates of the Codex Astartes and shed his reputation as a maverick, Sicarius executes his mission perfectly - until the unexpected arises and First Captain Severus Agemman does something unthinkable that may endanger them all.
>>
>>46198338
>>46198354
>>46198425

The Alfabusa videos aren't really helping his image either.

That and people generally think Titus is a better character than Cato.
>>
>>46204094
What happens?
>>
>>46204094
You can't leave me like that and not at least give a hint as to what happens.
>>
>>46198338
>>
>>46205324
>>46205081
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-ultramarines-short-story-two-kinds-of-fool-by-graham-mcneill-t9591460.html

Just download it and read it yourself. I don't like spoiling stuff. You need the full context on this one.
>>
>>46204094
How does that short story show that Agamman has PTSD
>Cato decides to play by the rules for once and follows the Codex
>something goes wrong
>Agemman decides to not play by the rules for once and disregards the Codex
>teleports in with Termies and they slaughter everything
>Cato and Agemman have the classic "we both can surprise still" banter with a slight edge to it
>>
>>46205422
You ignored the moment where

Agamman freezes from his PTSD
>>
>>46205439
Forgot about that part. But I've got it downloaded and I've reread it just now. It's not PTSD, it's the Brood Lord playing psychic shenanigans on Agemman. They always do that shit to both Marines and Guardsmen, trying to break them by forcing them to relive their most terrible experiences.

Relevant page
>The lord of the broods loosed a bellow that shook the walls of the chamber, and Agemman met its alien gaze. Its eyes were ancient, marbled orbs the size of his fist, and Agemman saw the silence between the galaxies in their empty, soulless voids. He felt sudden, agonising pressure within his skull, the presence of something invasive and hideously alien pressing against the surface of his mind.

>And in that instant of connection he was once again in Castra Tanagra as the daemon lord towering above him, its warp-sheathed claws poised to end his life. He felt the numbing horror of that moment again, paralysed by knowing there was absolutely nothing he could do to save himself.

>Fear was alien to Severus Agemman, but the psychic scarring of the instant he had faced death was all too real. The hive lord’s inhumanly powerful mind dredged deeply and amplified that pain and horror a thousandfold.
>>
>>46205590
I actually really like this. It reminds me somewhat of the old Deathwing short story.

Pyschic power, especially the massive power of something like a broodlord, can even affect one of the greatest heroes of the Space Marines. And of course Agemman is probably too proud to admit what's happening, right?
>>
>>46205422
>>46205439
>>46205590

You people got no idea what PTSD is, stop throwing that term around as if this is tumblr.

It's fucking disrespectful for people who actually saw some horrible shit (a war) and can't put it behind.
>>
>>46206327
Boo fucking hoo.

Go back to tumblr if you don't like it here. You're not needed. Shoo.
>>
>>46206480
>You're not needed.
Not him, but who is "needed" on this terrible website?
>>
>>46206567
>terrible website
If you don't like it just leave
>>
>>46206567

Giving you question considerable thought, I came to the conclusion that none of us here are here because we are needed, but because we are all simply unwanted by others.

That or the adversity which springs from anonymity, these "bantz" as they are called, are what is needed by those who come here voluntarily.

So I suppose that the question is instead reversed, who would need 4chan, because 4chan needs no one save the site administrator.

>>46206592

Are you new here or something? It's not a very good website in any sense.
>>
>>46206651
Most boards can be good when we don't have faggots like you shitting it up.

On topic, it really is mainly because of TTSD. I like the series, but the constant in-jokes and unfunny memes just ruin it later on. It was stronger when there were shorter episodes.
>>
>>46206651
I'm not saying it's a good website, i'm saying you can leave whenever you want
>>
>>46206592
But no other website pours enough tabletop bullshit into my mouth at such rapid pace. It's the best I've got, and it's still bad.
>>
>>46198730
Now Alfabusa has to do this scene in TTSD.
>>
>>46204054
Sounds like Tyranids.
>>
>>46206698
Fear not for I, Rogal Dorn, am fortifying the humour of this series.
>>
>>46206698
On some level I agree. I mean, I was never really approving of it, but the sheer length of the videos means that they set up all this time with dialogue, building up a joke, rambling their way through a story, and then you get...nothing. Or at least, nothing as good as what you were expecting.

They should just keep it short and snappy, or focus on the humor in the way like they do in their short side vids - like the Arbites video. It's making fun of how sucky the universe is, but it's not doing it from this outside, judgemental metahumor perspective.
>>
>>46203742
I now want a story with him and his Terminator Command Squad going through hell to save Cat-O Sicarius after another failed attempt at glory hogging, then have Agemman verbally abuse him for this bullshit, and ending it with Agemman carrying a K.O.d Sicarius on his back while stuff is exploding left and right.
>>
>>46198730

I, CATO SICARIUS
>>
>>46209576
I see you like Text to Speech.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.