[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many days until your next session /tg/? 4 days seems eternal.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: BTS_Steaming_Icon.jpg (256 KB, 869x490) Image search: [Google]
BTS_Steaming_Icon.jpg
256 KB, 869x490
How many days until your next session /tg/?

4 days seems eternal.
>>
>>46197939
>How many days until your next session /tg/?
6 hours. I'm frustrated I was sick as fuck for the last one.
>>
Playing tonight, then with another group in three days.
>>
>>46197939
Going to play a larp this saturday. After that it;s tuesday (and every 2 weeks on tuesday)
>>
>>46197939
TOMMOROW!
>>
My group plays a rotating group of games whenever they want.
So, nearly every fucking night at this point.
I've been ditching their games just to get some sleep.

I can't keep doing this.
>>
>>46197939
I wish I knew.
>>
>>46197939
5 hours and 32 minutes.
>>
File: speculative max.jpg (158 KB, 1890x812) Image search: [Google]
speculative max.jpg
158 KB, 1890x812
1 week and I'm the DM.
Should probably prepare.
>>
>>46197939
>How many days until your next session /tg/?
Never
I've never played but I want to
>>
>>46197939
Forever
Last one was two years ago
>>
>>46198812
me too bruh, me too.
>>
>>46197939
Tonight was horrible, didn't plan enough, plays just sat there.
I'm moving to a module next week, I spend too much time on this game and it's adversely affecting my study.
>>
Our main game got delayed another two weeks _again_, so 17 days until that one. But we've got two other games lined up before that, with smaller groups that can actually make it, in 2 and 5 days from now. Too bad both of those are games I have to run, forever DM ;_;
>>
>>46197939
I was supposed to GM for an online game of Mutant Chronicles 3e this Saturday, but we've had two players drop game because of work schedules conflicting with game days. So now it's all postponed until my mate and I can round up some more players.

It's a little disheartening, I was looking forward to doing rpgs again after so long out of the hot seat.
>>
2 days until my Achtung! Cthulhu game that I GM which I am utterly unprepared for

3 days until my Achtung! Cthulhu game that I play in which I am very much looking forward too, especially because I get to have a pint and a meal as it's ran in a pub.

4 days until I start playing in a new Pendragon game which should be interesting, seeing as I've never played it before.

X days until I run a one off homebrew game with some interesting rules that I hope will be very fun.
>>
My group haven't decided on the next meeting yet. I should probably try to poke people about that again, the current GM doesn't do that enough. Next meeting still probably won't be for another week or so. Being adults is suffering.
>>
>>46197939
My game finished last saturday.

I am finally free of foreverDMing after three and a half years.
>>
>>46197939
3 days, if my players show.
>>
My group disbanded yesterday so I have no idea when the next game will come
>>
>>46197939
Tomorrow, missed the last one we had and last weeks got canceled because the DM had "work" like a scrub. Looking forward to killing more first order scum.
>>
>>46198014
Yeah iKnow that feeling. Gotta get off the train at some point broSkii.
>>
Last session was cancelled, and I'm worried about the GM. Can greentext if anyone cares to stay awhile and listen.
>>
>>46199657
if you feel the need to share go ahead anon.
>>
7 hours, 30 minutes, and 52.118 seconds.
>>
>>46199891

>Be part of RPG community for local city
>GM is also site admin
>Works 9-5 IT Job, freelance RPG writer with credits, also contracted GM for large RPG producers
>A few sessions ago
>GM arrives late
>Also forgot character sheets and material for current campaign
>Decides to run one-off instead
>Can tell he's pretty tired from the start and not entirely there
>Nobody really mentions it because he's an A+ GM otherwise
>Slow to respond to questions
>Misunderstanding quite a bit
>Eventually collapses as he gets up to get a drink
>Tries to soldier on but he's slurring his words, not sure if he's tired or what
>Collapses again against a player
>Decide to call it off
>Call him a cab to get home

>Since then he's been better, apparently work and all has been getting to him
>Next session is on saturday
>He posted in another thread for a Mutant Chronicles game he is also running that he collapsed in a supermarket the other day so he called that game off
>Group has tried to hint he can take a few sessions off if he needs to
>Worried he's gonna have another incident this weekend
>We discussed alternatives like letting someone else GM that day
>I'm the only other known GM for that system and I'm crap in comparison to the GM

Should I just ask the GM if he wants to sit this one out?

Problem is I would have to GM and I have nothing prepared, and attendence of the GM is sketchy in the first place so I don't want to miss another session.
>>
>>46200052

>GM has a stroke
>"here's a cab bro, GL HF"

You're a retard.
>>
>>46200052
Yeah let him fucking sit out.

>>46200079
This
>>
>>46200079
>>46200091

I was the one who called an ambulance for him. The rest of the group convinced me that he was just tired.

I'm with you guys on this, it's just I'm not sure the rest of the party realizes it.
>>
>>46200102
If the dude is passing out he can't run a god damn game. If your buddies want him to keep running it that's fucked up.

So you better start prepping your dm shit.
>>
>>46200102
They killed an employee at my work that way. He was showing all the signs of having a stroke for like 6 hours before he ran into someone who gave enough of a damn to call emergencies services.
>>
>>46200139
>>46200196
Yeah, I just messaged him asking if he wants to play for a session or two and let some others GM for a bit.

I'll use the next session to playtest a module I was preparing for my online group.

It would be easy if he wasn't so stubborn about doing everything possible, but he pushes himself way too hard.
>>
>>46200196
>>46200139

>>46200259

Welp, he replied. He's battling a virus, went to the doctor for his stress induced anxiety attacks (which is a good thing apparently, he thought it was something much worse) but still fully insists he's good for the next session.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for this saturday, but I'm putting my foot down if he has another incident.
>>
Tomorrow hopefully. Beyond that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Early 20s is seriously the worst time to be into tabletop gaming. Everyone has part-time schedules that overlap and crisscross and are always changing because none of us have won the lottery and gotten full-time stable careers yet, even though 3/4 of us have Bachelor's degrees.

We thought we had Sundays down as our game day and it stuck for a while, but then one player's schedule got fucked because her manager got fired for stealing money--and not just stealing money, but money collected for charity. And not just charity, but MAKE-A-WISH.

We all had a Two Minutes' Hate over that asshole just before the next game.
>>
>>46197939
16 days...
have to get mentally preprared to get into character properly
>>
>>46198910
I know all of those feels bro.
>>
>>46202274
Not as crazy as my group (well, probably ex group because this >>46199441 is me)
A college student
2 people looking for a job
2 fathers
and a kid in High School.
>>
>>46197939
Friday can't come fast enough, man.
I want to DM but i don't mind if the other guy runs his game.
>>
>>46197939
Not for 2 weeks, going to Spain soon :(
>>
>>46197939
Today. Nobody seems to be awake yet though.
>>
>>46197939
18 days for iron kingdoms rpg, 8 days for star wars edge of the empire it's killing me having to wait this long. Plus I've got a biology test on Wensday of next week.
>>
>>46197939
Playing in a few hours. Learning how to play edge of the Empire with a few friends, and we've only had one session so far.
>>
>>46197939
Playing tonight. Running Friday
>>
>>46197939
3 days here. Thankfully getting my fix by playing Castle Ravenloft with the family in the meantime.
>>
>>46197939
some time next month

for both groups

that I forever DM for
>>
Roughly a month and a half? Can't play until I'm back home from uni
>>
Saturday, hopefully.
Been about 3 months since the last and I have to prep and get the table ready as well.

Really wish I wasn't the only one who would DM/wasn't bad at it.
>>
6 days. My group will probably be picking-up our OOTA campaign. I'm playing a lawful evil drow who seems to be slowly moving towards lawful neutral.
>>
>>46197939
3 days, though I don't feel like going.
>>
>>46197939
> 4 days seems eternal
> 4 days
> Wednesday + 4 = Sunday
> playing D&D (Satan's Game) on Easter Sunday

You heathen motherfucker. Go listen to a boring guy drone on about shit in a poorly heated castle and then eat some chocolate.
>>
>>46206045
Sorry I meant saturday I had been awake all night. Still haven't slept actually.
>>
>>46197939
Two days.
>>
less then an hour for my main one

the other is indefinitely postponed
>>
>>46197939

Summer probably. I've got a sandbox Dark Heresy game in the works for the guys I grew up with and first played RPGs with. They'll be in charge of an underhive gang and knowing them, will get up to all kinds of shenanigans. One player has said he will spend his xp on nothing but contacts.

I've also got a VTM game on the drawing board, but I'm unsure when I'll get to run that because it needs a lot of work.
>>
>>46197939
Two or three days. I think two.

>4 days seems eternal.
When actually I have a life to deal with, the weeks just fly right by. Sometimes it feels like the last game was just yesterday.
>>
>>46200396
you're a good person. just so you know.
>>
>>46197939
...Weekend after next? Maybe? If everything pans out. Something might come up, again. Call-in at the office. Schedule shift at the last minute. Malaysia goes down again. Forgot the plan and went to a bar with a buddy from the arcade. Too tired from school, overslept, played CoD for seventeen hours straight and my alarm didn't go off again. Something.

Son of a bitch I hate my friends.
>>
Two days. Our large group campaign is a bitch to plan for
>>
>>46197939
15 minutes or so. Last session ended with a cliff hanger, I'm pumped.
>>
File: 1383680311551.gif (828 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1383680311551.gif
828 KB, 200x189
tomorrow

>MFW I HAVE TO DM
>>
>>46197939
Somewhere between 129 and 190.
>>
It has been at least 245 days since the last thing i could call a session. 4 years since my last good session.
Current location has yielded poor results thus far.
>>
>>46197939
Got a session tomorrow, climax of the second arc

Im the DM and I haven't prepped it yet
>>
>>46197939
Tomorrow, after our DM gets off work at 11 PM
Our sessions usually last 6~ hours, but mostly about two thirds of that is dealing with one or two encounters, and the last third is arguing what to do after the encounters.
>>
Leaving in 1 minute boys. I also played yestarday, Sunday, and I might DM Friday.
>>
File: 1443854768952.png (36 KB, 255x199) Image search: [Google]
1443854768952.png
36 KB, 255x199
I haven't played in over 9 months due to assholes in my group deserting completely, both as players and friends, a shortage of players and DMs, studying abroad for a year and my foreign uni's gaming club being filled with Those People
Still have to wait at the very least 4 months before I can maybe hope organizing something
I'm sick of this shit, ttgs are one of the rare social activities I really enjoy.
Now it feels like I'm just writing useless stuff for myself, characters, factions and fluff pieces piling up without purpose, campaign ideas accumulating and knowing no one wants to play them.
Please hold me /teejee/
>>
>>46197939
What rulebook is that?
>>
>>46198014
I had this happen to me once. I joined a group and was brought in kind of mid campaign. it was on a Sunday, and it was more or less a pretty enjoyable experience. The group said they'd be getting together again and playing together on Monday. I happened to have that day off that week, and was able to make it, and again it was more or less fun. Then they told me they were meeting again on Tuesday. "I'm sorry guys, but if you guys are going to play every day of the week, I don't think I can make that. I work nights, I can't make it to every game." So I missed Tuesdays game. I find out Wednesday that my 11th lvl character just accidentally fell in a hole and was eaten by zombies.

Needless to say I never played with them again.
>>
>>46197939
Next session will prob be some comfy dicking around in the city while halfheartedly searching for the missing Prince. We don't really care if we find him or not.
>>
>>46207295
Sounds miserable
>>
>>46197939
Three, four, and eleven. I've got one weekly on Saturday, and two bi-weekly on alternating Sundays.
>>
Tomorrow. Hype for playing my new character since my old one died.

>the party split and the DM is somehow finding time to run 3 sessions a week until we join back up
Makes me glad I'm no longer foreverDM, but I hope we get our shit together soon so he doesn't have to stretch himself this thin.
>>
File: 1440462593957.jpg (21 KB, 409x350) Image search: [Google]
1440462593957.jpg
21 KB, 409x350
About 44 hours from now.
Setting up a blindness situation and a single monster encounter just under deadly. If that all goes down too quickly, I want to do a bar brawl skill challenge.
>>
5 Weeks.

We game when we can, but everyone's just so busy these days...
>>
10 days, doing them every second week now
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.