[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WFRP's is a more post-modernist, post-hippie and utterly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: pic498057.jpg (582 KB, 1024x1353) Image search: [Google]
pic498057.jpg
582 KB, 1024x1353
WFRP's is a more post-modernist, post-hippie and utterly cynical viewpoint that dominates our current paradigm. You could call it 'apocalyptic' but in fact for reasons I will bring up later that'd be totally wrong. It's just nihilistic. It is the view that is left to us when we are taught that nothing is actually true, nothing is actually worthy of being maintained, nothing can be held up and only naive idiots think anything is worth fighting for, except maybe for tearing down and destroying everything. In WFRP you play the 'good guys' but you actually root for the bad guys. The lords of Chaos are the cool ones, as everyone knows, but more importantly they're the ones who are RIGHT. Law is a sucker's bet. It's doomed. And so all the paladins and heroes who fight for law are basically morons, and this is part of the (civilization-hating) joke.

It's not in any way a medieval view. Or early modern, or enlightenment, or victorian. It is a moral paradigm that can only possibly exist in this utterly spoiled generation of self-hating westerners.

The medieval worldview is a world where things matter. It is a world where everything has meaning. It makes individuals living under that paradigm much more significant and conversely much less self-centered than in our post-modern paradigm that says nothing at all is meaningful except your most immediate feelings and impulses.
>>
>>46188153
You are a faggot
>>
>>46188153
Bump
>>
>>46188255
Got to agree, OP is a faggot
>>
>>46188153
This isn't even an original post, this is a stripped down portion of the Rpgpundit shitting on Warhammer for not being as medieval as his shitty Dark Albion, which is just the War of the Roses with more magic and national stereotypes.
>>
>>46188153
I'd agree Warhammer is a product of the punk movement, a destruction of good value which left nothing but sjw cucks in the present.
>>
>>46188418
But Warhammer is not medieval, but early modern.
>>
>>46188153
If the evidence suggests that humankind and all its religions is just animate biological matter and its electro-chemical connections. So be it, no amount of philosophy will change that.
>>
>>46188551
He doesn't know that, and there's less than 100 years between the superposed eras.
>>
>>46188418
>>46188658
So he just shat on it without reading, and looking at his blog, he spends most of his time redpilling people and smoking?
Hypocrite
>>
>>46188153
Saving as pasta
>>
>>46188827
don't be cancer
>>
>>46188255
>>46188305
redpilled hard
>>
I agree with this desu
>>
RPG Pundit is a fucking moron, as his alias makes immediately evident.
>>
>>46189011
Who brags about smoking? Drinking yes, that gets repaired by the liver, but smoking is pushing cancerous material right into your lungs and blood stream.
>>
>>46188418
Who?
>>
>>46188153

Hrm. Okay.

Nihilism, contrary to most internet fuckwits isn't the disbelief in the meaning of things. Its the withdraw of belief in things to belief in the soul over doing things, the internal world, the meek found in what Nietzche called christian slave mentality. This would be even more common place in your medieval world view in which the the meaning of things is strongly distanced from the world, large focuses on the soul and the afterlife. The individual in a medieval society mattered even less than now, and mattered in even fewer ways.

Post modernism isn't a belief in nothing either. Its a critical examination of grand narratives and structures, with the aim of come to multiple points of meaning rather than a singular one dictated from a position of power.

Your problems with modernist (we're not post modern, the narratives and centralized ideological power of humanist projects and integrated capital is still very much the mainstay of the much of the world) self-centered orientations is a product of consumerism. Turns out humans made structures that are very good at selling themselves via our desires to continue.

tl'dr you don't know what any of those word mean and ur a faggot
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (108 KB, 540x512) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
108 KB, 540x512
>>
Where can I get a pdf of WFRP 1e?
>>
>>46189379
PDF thread Trove, or 7chan
>>
>>46189256
That was interesting, thank you Anon.
>>
>>46188153
For sigmar I will site thee fiend; your corpse shall burn before the peasants that you have tried convincing.

Darkness shall not cover this land as long as a single soul looks to the Lord of light!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.