[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog Days Quest Episode 98
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 22
File: DOG.DAYS.OP.2.jpg (2 MB, 2514x3296) Image search: [Google]
DOG.DAYS.OP.2.jpg
2 MB, 2514x3296
Biscotti's bar is not an unassuming place.

It's one of the largest drinking establishments in the entire region. It's rivaled only by Gallete's bar one nation over.
The bar prides itself on its fine selection of liquors, both local and established. Boasting at least sixty more brands than its counterparts in neighboring Gallete and Bruschetta.

Rum from the farmlands, scotch from Caranacha, and patrons from all walks of life gather in this temple of debauchery. It stands as a proud symbol of Biscotti night life and tourism.

So, why are you about to destroy it? It's a funny story.

You are Jack Albator, champion drinker, taster of fine ale, connoisseur of fluffy tails. You're here for one very specific reason: to foil another attempt on the place you call home.
The whole day has been nothing but foiling attempts on your home. It seems a very sinister nation has infiltrated the neighboring nation of Gallete and has been using its tools against you. One of which is a brand of special forces which Gallete employs for special political missions. Unfortunately, it's very lenient on who it answers to and what it considers a 'political mission'.

After getting to the bottom of that; you were faced with the possibility that the threat was not over. Yet another group, one that was actually smart enough to not make an attempt on your life in broad daylight, is still out there and waiting for the signal to strike.

Hopefully, after tonight, those people will be out of your way as well.
Until then, there's only one thing to do.

>Cont.
>>
File: Bar1.jpg (1 MB, 1039x1449) Image search: [Google]
Bar1.jpg
1 MB, 1039x1449
There's a loud pop inside the bar with a blinding flash of light. One of the waitresses quickly douses a spilled lantern with nonflammable oil to subside the sudden eruption of flames from the glowing pedestal.

The staff profusely apologizes as they clean up the unexpected mess. All the while; a table of many suspicious characters seems to materialize in the far end of the room.

You have to give Aligot credit; he is very precise and calculated with his magic.

Around you sit two women in cloaks, a white-haired boy, two small girls, and a guy with a silly hat.

"Sorry about the interruption." A waitress approaches your table with further apologies, "We'll have this cleaned up in just a moment. Were you guys already here?"
"We just showed up." You smile at her.

"Well, what are you all drinking?"

>I dun' know about them, but start me with somethin' light.
>'Ey princess, Drinking game?
>Get 'em whatever they want. Aye need to be alert.
>Just water.
>Come back in a few, we talkin' important business.
>Other?
>>
Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/jCGAA6J2
Archive:http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=dog%20days%20quest
Twitter:https://twitter.com/Announcer_QM
>>
>>46187658
>>'Ey princess, Drinking game?
>>
>>46187658
>I dun' know about them, but start me with somethin' light.
>>
>>46187658
>'Ey princess, Drinking game?
Fun option, every time.
>>
>>46187658
>>Get 'em whatever they want. Aye need to be alert.
>>
>Ey Princess, Drinking game?

Fun option, huh?

Writing!
>>
File: Tuile.1451119.jpg (4 MB, 4862x5432) Image search: [Google]
Tuile.1451119.jpg
4 MB, 4862x5432
"Ey Princess." You sneer over the table at one of the cloaked women. "Drinking game?"

Tuile's eyes snap to you after being called out, before a sinister smile wraps around her face.
"You're on."
"Four beers to get us started, 'n whatever these guys want."

"Heh, Four beers. And what would everyone else want?"

"Whiskey, shotglass. Just 'enough to keep me awake." Cody huffs.
"Uh.." Dorje tries to conjure something, but comes up blank.
"Wine, please!" Louise happily chirps, "Port, hint of chocolate. Keep it in one of those tall glasses!"
"Water." Yuuki replies, for some reason she's glaring at you.
"What's 'whiskey'? Uh, I guess. I guess.." Louise stumbles over her words. "I guess Whiskey, too?"

"Coooming right up." The waitress writes something on her pad and then hurries off.

Then you turn your attention to something that has been bothering you.
"Yuuki, Why're ye glarin' at me?"
"I thought this was an important mission, Jack. Not another drinking expedition."

"It is, Yuuki!" You lean back. "What's a mission without a little fun?"

"Shouldn't you and the princess stay awake with your eyes peeled for suspicious people? You two came along because you knew the faces of most people who entered here."
"Aye, that's true. It's just aye never look at this place without a good set of beer goggles. So it'll be easier to recognize everyone that way!"

She frowns, "Okay, I'll just have to stay alert for everyone else." She crosses her arms, "By the way, everyone. Make sure you're covered."

>cont.
>>
File: Dorje_Hood.jpg (310 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
Dorje_Hood.jpg
310 KB, 450x600
Oh, right.
You adjust the bandana on your head which hides your glorious golden locks. Louise and Kayda wrap their matching blankets around themselves, almost appearing like sisters. You nudge Cody to take off his very distinctive leather hat.

"Hey Dorje, Kayda." Louise looks over across Yuuki. "Why didn't you two order anything?"

"I'm not sure what to get." Dorje tugs on his hood in defeat.
"I don't know what those things are." Kayda frowns. "So I just got the thing that sounds the sweetest."

Oh, she's in for a surprise.

>Hey, let me order somethin' for ye
>Have ye ever had anything to drink?
>Yer probably a bit too young for whiskey
>Let her try it, see what she thinks!
>Recommend Yuuki share her water with her, because she'll need it soon!
>Other?
>>
>>46189220
>>Let her try it, see what she thinks!
>>Recommend Yuuki share her water with her, because she'll need it soon!
>>
>>46189220
let's get them started with cider, maybe?
>>
>>46189220
Not something enough to get sloshed, but enough for fun.
>>
>Let me order somethin' fer ye

Goodidea!

WRiting!
>>
File: DorjeKiraKira.png (178 KB, 650x741) Image search: [Google]
DorjeKiraKira.png
178 KB, 650x741
"'ey" You nod over toward Kayda. "Ye dun want that stuff. It's not sweet at all."
"Is it? I wouldn't know."

"It's for tough drinkers. Lemme getcha a Cider, that stuff is nice and easy."
"It's for tough drinkers, but it's called 'Whiskey'? Why do they call it that? shouldn't it sound mean instead of inviting and sweet?" Kayda laments, seeming confused at the whole drinking thing.

"Uh." Dorje seems confused. "What's cider?"
"It's liquor, made from apples. Tastes good, very light."
"Huh, okay. I'll take that as well."

You flag down the waitress and get her to amend your order. She walks off, and you continue to scan the bar.

There aren't any faces here which you don't explicitly recognize just yet. In fact, most people here seem to be the type that you would normally expect to be here at this time of night.
Then again, you are thirty minutes early. You rather get here and blend in long before any scouts or watchmen comes in to assess the meeting place.

Everyone else seems on-edge as well. Of course, being this paranoid only seems to illustrate how much they don't belong here.
You decide to lighten the mood a little.

"Ye never had a drink before, Dorje?"

"Never had alcohol." Dorje clears his throat, "I should at least try it, I didn't have hair either until about a month ago and someone convinced me to start growing it."
"You didn't have hair?" Yuuki seems worried.

"No, I lived with lots of people. No one had hair, just in case of lice."
"Twenty others?!" Louise seems shocked.
"They weren't like.. related to you, were they?" Yuuki seems even more worried.

"I'm.. Not sure." He seems to sit back in his chair.

"Ha, I remember the little bald kid in Carancha chasing me." Cody smiles.
"No!" Dorje seems to jump in his seat. "Don't talk about that."

"What? It was funny."
"It was not funny!"

>Want to tell us more about this, Cody?
>Shh, Drinks are coming.
>Kayda, why don't you know about any drinks?
>Laugh at Dorje's misfortune
>Other?
>>
>>46190289
>>
>>46190289
>>Want to tell us more about this, Cody?
>>
Not much of a turnout tonight, it seems.

If it would help, we could continue tomorrow. But I have important work to do in the morning so thread would have to remain bumped all night and all morning.

WRiting!
>>
>>46191015
Well I got here late. Along with another quest running that I'm following, attention is kinda split.
>>
>>46191015
i lost power for a few hours
>>
File: Cody1.png (23 KB, 299x285) Image search: [Google]
Cody1.png
23 KB, 299x285
"Want to tell us more about this Cody?"
"No, no, it's fine, no need to-"

"Yeah, sure." Cody smiles. Dorje seems to sink into his chair a bit more.

"So, when I first got here. I was wanting to see the world, y'know? So I traveled to some of the countries around Pastillage. There was this country a little ways from the joint called 'Caranacha'. I didn't know much about it, but I heard it was really easy to disappear there. "

Dorje is seeming more uncomfortable by the minute. That just makes you want to hear more!

"That's when-" Cody is chuckling to himself, "I got in this card game with one of the guys at their inn, well- turns out-"
"You flattened him." Dorje says, in a low tone. "You flattened an archduke and a royal guard."

"Hey, it was self defense." Cody smirks, "They couldn't handle their cards or their liquor. So I slipped out the back and-"
"You didn't slip out anywhere. I was following you the whole time." Dorje grimaces.

"There was this bald kid standing there!" Cody is grinning like a jackass. "This bald kid with a serious look on his face like he wanted to kick my ass."
"You wrecked a nobleman of Caranacha.." Dorje kind of trails off.

"So, I rubbed his head for good luck-"
"PFFT." Louise can't hold her laughter.
"I'm STILL mad about that." Dorje huffs.

"-And I was going to step past him, but he grabbed my hand HARD. Like so hard that I fell to the ground. I was laughing for like a solid minute while he dragged my ass over to the jail. And- And their jail-"
"It wasn't meant for someone like you." Dorje groans.

>cont.
>>
File: Dorje_Foxhand.png (240 KB, 764x974) Image search: [Google]
Dorje_Foxhand.png
240 KB, 764x974
"Their jail didn't have any locks on it!"
"That's not true, they just left it unlocked."

"There were no locks, and the two guys runnin' the place just picked me up and put me in a cell. At like, midnight after my hangover cleared up, I just slid the bars open and walked away. That was the best night ever!"
"That was the WORST night ever." Dorje corrects him.

"Yeah, I heard you got it pretty rough. You were trackin' me for what, a week? Two weeks?"
"We contacted Pastillage castle about returning their hero." Dorje huffs, "But he returned to Pastillage before our message ever reached them. It was embarrassing."

"Aw, lighten up." Cody smiles. "The Misses thought it was funny, just like I did."
"I thought it was a demonstration of our lack of preparedness." Dorje mumbles into his arm.

>That's a funny story! Anyone else got something like that?
>How did ye all get here, anyway?
>Ferget that, What kinda drinks do ye like?
>Shh, I think I see them.
>Shh, drinks are coming
>Other?

>Thread Pause
>>
>>46192217
>>That's a funny story! Anyone else got something like that?
>>How did ye all get here, anyway?
>>Shh, I think I see them.
>>
>>46192217
>>That's a funny story! Anyone else got something like that?
Kinda wanna hear more...
>>
File: 984322.jpg (62 KB, 600x534) Image search: [Google]
984322.jpg
62 KB, 600x534
That's right, I'm pausing the thread here because the turnout isn't very high and I'm getting very tired.

Everyone, if you wish for this to continue you will have to bear with me some tomorrow. I will not be back to continue until maybe late morning or early afternoon. If not, I'll post archive on my twitter and we'll continue next time.

Or, let's sweeten the deal: If you want to call it for the night or if we don't make it overnight, I will run on Thursday or Friday to balance out how short this thread was tonight. How would that be?

Let me know what you think, until next time.
>>
>>46192217

>>Shh, I think I see them.

>>46192289
rest well
>>
>>46192217
>How did ye all get here, anyway?

>>46192289
Sorry wasn't here most of the thread, work was distracting. Any time is good with me I suppose, as much as any ever is.
>>
>>46192761
Actually add
>Shh, I think I see them.
to that. Wouldn't do to be completely irresponsible.

For now.
>>
>>46190289
>I didn't have hair either until about a month ago and someone convinced me to start growing it.

A bald pretty boy just sounds wrong. Good going, Aileen, or whoever it was that convinced him.
>>
one more bump
>>
>>46192194
>I was wanting to see the world
That's a nice way of putting 'running from a thirsty squirrel', Micah.
>>
I always miss these threads and staying awake till around 2 o clock in the night will kill me.
>>
File: Kayda_2.jpg (141 KB, 1000x850) Image search: [Google]
Kayda_2.jpg
141 KB, 1000x850
>Thread Resume

You tap Cody's shoulder and laugh. Dorje seems to sink in his seat.
"That's a good story!"

"One of the better ones." Cody grins. "I don't know why you don't see the humor in it, Dorthey, it was funny!"

"Dorje." He mopes, "And it was a wake-up call. For how bad our security is. This happened in the town inside the castle walls."
"Come on, lighten up." Cody taps the table. "There's no way you could have known I was a hero back then. You didn't even know others existed, and I didn't exactly go around tellin' everyone that."
"Still." Dorje pouts.

The waitress sets down several mugs and smaller glasses filled with assortments of liquor. You were starting to wonder where she ran off to.

She slides four beers in front of you and the Princess. Tuile gets that wicked gleam in her eye as she grabs for two of them.
Wild one, she is.
Cody takes his shotglass and immediately pounds it. He slides it back to the waitress asking for another round. The waitress takes special attention to not spill a single drop of Louise's wine. You can practically see Louise's mouth drooling as she takes the glass.

Finally, two unassuming cups are placed in front of Dorje and Kayda. Both of them eye it with suspicion, taking the time to smell it before sipping lightly.

"Anyone else got any stories like that? That was pretty great." You grin, taking a drink from your mug.

"Uh." Kayda speaks up, in a weak tone. "Like.. that time I attacked you and tried to burn down your airship?"

"..No no, Kayda. HAPPY stories. Drinkin' is happy time."
Unless, you're one of the people who drink to get happy. Then no one wants to drink with you.

Wait.

>Cont.
>>
File: Bar2.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1009) Image search: [Google]
Bar2.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1009
"Err, hold that thought." You notice something unusual at one of the tables near the center of the room. The people sitting there started at one, then doubled to two. Now there are four people sitting there, and two just walked in.

It's them.

Still ten minutes before the meeting time. You suppose the first guy was a scout, and the others are further reinforcements tricking in.

>Discuss the plans with the others, there isn't much more time.
>Keep drinking, don't concern them with it just yet in case they start acting weird.
>Nope, go over there and try to blend in yourself.
>Ask everyone to get a look at them and see if they're anyone they recognize.
>Ask the waitress to bring something to them. A note, a drink, etc?
>Other?
>>
>>46207233
>Keep drinking, don't concern them with it just yet in case they start acting weird.
yeah, let's try to act unsuspicious
>>
>>46207233
>Ask everyone to get a look at them and see if they're anyone they recognize.
>>
>>46207233

Wait until they're gathered. No point in spooking them before the supposed time of the meeting.
>>
>>46207233
>>Keep drinking, don't concern them with it just yet in case they start acting weird.
>>

WRiting!
>>
File: Yuuki.jpg (647 KB, 941x1000) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki.jpg
647 KB, 941x1000
You decide that instead of getting everyone riled up; you're going to play it cool and pretend to be the drunken band of revelers that you are. No need to spook them before their full numbers can be gathered, after all.

With that, you look back toward Tuile and give her a playful grin.
She's already drunk one of her mugs, and is eagerly waiting for you to finish yours.

That spirit of competition is strong.

"How about you, Yuuki? What do you normally drink?"
"Water."
"No, I mean alcohol."

"Mm, they don't really have it here. It's a drink called 'sake'."
"What's it like?"
"Very smooth, not sure how else to describe it." Yuuki keeps a keen eye out, but is unfortunately angled wrong to notice the people at the table who are slowly multiplying.

"Hey." You try to distract Yuuki from her paranoia. "Tell me somethin', why do ye use a spear?"
"Jack, it's not a spear, it's a-" nagi- something something.

>Cont.
>>
File: Yuuki_happy.jpg (406 KB, 700x760) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki_happy.jpg
406 KB, 700x760
"Where did ye' come from where a spear was your weapon of choice?"
"I've been training with it since I was young." She gently taps her weapon, which is hidden under her chair. "I grew up in a family with no brothers, so my older sister and I trained from a young age to protect the family household."
"How many sisters ye have?"

"Eight."

"Eight sisters?" Louise seems surprised.
"That must have been a handful." Cody agrees.

"It was okay." Yuuki drinks another gulp from her glass. "Really, I'm glad I got out of there. I think if I stayed another month Dad would have found someone for me to marry, and off I go- never to see my sisters again."

"Er, Yuuki. Drinking time is happy time."
"-It's just as well, only regret is that I couldn't bring my sisters with me." She lays her head on the table. "I hate my family, and everything they stood for. I think about my youngest sisters every day."

That's when you realize something.

"Yuuki, why is yer water cup full?"
"Uhh." She looks at her hand, and then at the cup. "I dunno."

"Yuuki, did you just drink that Whiskey Kayda ordered earlier by accident?" Cody muses.
"Did not." Yuuki huffs.

>Tell us more, drunk Yuuki.
>Okay, then why did ye just order another?
>Tuile's up two beers and you've only finished one, time to get serious.
>Observe the table some more, try to see if you can make out any voices.
>OTher?
>>
>>46209451
>>Tell us more, drunk Yuuki.
>>Observe the table some more, try to see if you can make out any voices.
>>
>>46209451
>>
god damn where is every one
>>
>>46209451
>Okay, then why did ye just order another?
>Tuile's up two beers and you've only finished one, time to get serious.
>>

Writing!
>>
It must take some kind of skill to get accidentally drunk.
>>
File: Yuuki_cry.jpg (976 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki_cry.jpg
976 KB, 1200x1600
"Aye, interesting story. Do go on."

Louise is.. almost on the brink of laughing at Yuuki. You can see it in her face. Kayda is still testing the cider to ensure that she won't be poisoned by it.

Cody looks close to falling asleep. Maybe something kept him up last night.

Yuuki, on the other hand, seems more than happy to keep talking.
"Oh, I am so glad that I have Anna now." She leans back in her chair. "I asked her when she first summoned me if she was planning to make me the trophy wife of some rich snob. She said that was horrible and to never say that ever again."

"Well, that IS horrible." Cody snorts.

"-So then, I didn't believe her 'cause I thought she was just hiding it so I wouldn't get scared. I hid around Bruschetta for like two weeks. Sleeping on benches and stealing food from the bakeries." Yuuki seems annoyed, but gladly drinks from her cup anyway. "The whole country was on alert. Annetta was convinced someone had kidnapped me, and sent hand-written messages to every single baron and noble within a hundred miles."

"Harr, that's good."
"Hey, I don't remember the Misses ever doing that for me." Cody seems almost insulted.

"-Oh she was SO WORRIED" Yuuki continues, "She told me that she spent every night crying and writing letters."
"How did they find you?" Kayda seems invested in this story.

"I took a cake one day from one of those fancy shops, and someone saw me from the posters. A few hours later I was caught."
"You were really that scared about being summoned?" Louise is invested, too.

>Cont.
>>
File: Yuuki_worried.jpg (134 KB, 835x1181) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki_worried.jpg
134 KB, 835x1181
"Oh yeah." She takes another sip, and then orders ANOTHER! "I thought I was kidnapped and ready to be sold or something. I didn't sleep for days after I got here."

You try to ignore this, it's a big enough scene as it is. Instead you focus on the table, and try to gleam any conversations that they may be having.
Unfortunately, they're all having conversations in the pitched silence. Each one leaning over to whisper to the other.

If they weren't trying to look suspicious, they're doing a bad job of it.

>Try to move closer, maybe to the bar.
>Keep this up, no one is even paying you any mind.
>It's party time.
>So, uh, anyone else want to share stories?
>Share a story about yourself
>Other?
>>
>>46211114
>>Try to move closer, maybe to the bar.
>>
>>46211114
>It's party time.
Wake Cody up before he's too far gone.
>>
>>46211114
>Share a story about yourself
I just really wanna know. and THEN
>It's party time.
>>
>>46211114
>>Try to move closer, maybe to the bar
>>
>>46211114
>Try to move closer, maybe to the bar.
>>
>Try to move closer, maybe to the bar
WRiting!
>>
File: Jack_And_Friend.jpg (200 KB, 980x1490) Image search: [Google]
Jack_And_Friend.jpg
200 KB, 980x1490
While Yuuki is still going on about her wonderful summoner, you notice something.

The table of fiends isn't even paying attention to the room at the moment; instead they're all combing over some kind of notebook.
You need to at least hear something about that.

While their attention is distracted, and Yuuki has gone on another rant; you decide to pick up and move to the bar.
Discreetly, you sit in one of the stools right in front of the bartender. You start chatting him up just to make it seem like you're upset about something.

At the same time, you listen.

--

"So, front assault didn't work, the forest plan didn't work, and they somehow uprooted the basecamp."
"Yeap."

"And the dungeon assault."
"Oi, and the dungeon assault."

There's some murmuring around the table. Most of it revolving around if this is still a good idea or not.

"I still say we back out." One of them stammers. "Every single possible route has been cut off. That's it, it's over for us. We should return to our country and pretend we weren't involved with this."

"If you abandon us now, I will fluff you myself and throw you into Biscotti castle." Another one replies.

There's silence that overtakes the table. The big one points to his notebook.

"Our goal isn't to the others, that's why we had the ninjas go in. Our goal is simple, We need to take the blonde guy out."
"Right, right. It's what the musclehead said. He didn't give us with much advice in doing that."

"I got the perfect plan for doing that. We take away the big guy's summoner."

Your ears perk up.
"His summoner?"
"Oi, he's so busy chasing around leads, it's doubtful he's visited the girl in the last few days. We break in, snatch the girl, and off we go until he expires."

You're going to kick their asses.

>cont.
>>
File: Extraction_team.jpg (541 KB, 980x700) Image search: [Google]
Extraction_team.jpg
541 KB, 980x700
"So, where do we start?"
The big guy smiles, "Starting is the easy part. We kidnap his summoner, Princess Tuile."

Oh.
You pound your drink and ask for another. This went from blood-boiling anger to mild bemusement in record time.

"You really think assaulting Biscotti castle after the last two attempts is gonna work out?"
"We won't have to assault Biscotti castle, you see." The guy whispers.

"Why not?"
"Because I know exactly where the princess is right at this moment."

Your ears perk up again.
"She's with her friend, Charlotte, at a dinner party. You know how those royal types are. Can't resist a fancy event."

You think you've heard a enough.

>Showtime!
>Get together with the group and discuss this.
>Wait to intercept them at this 'party'.
>Order another drink.
>Listen to them some more. This can't be the 'smart' group.
>Other?
>>
>>46213098
>>Get together with the group and discuss this.
>>Listen to them some more. This can't be the 'smart' group.
>>
>>46213098
>>
File: touch fluffy tail.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
touch fluffy tail.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Always touch the fluffy tail.
>>
>>46213098
>Showtime!
>>

Writing last post of the night because it is late and I am tired.
>>
File: Tuile_Grin.jpg (265 KB, 850x1219) Image search: [Google]
Tuile_Grin.jpg
265 KB, 850x1219
You decide you're going to listen in on this a bit more before you return with what you've learned.

"So, this dinner party. How do we know this isn't going to be just as guarded as the castle?"
"Maybe more so, because the castle is at least a fortress."

"That's easy, boys. We aren't crashing the party."
He takes some notes out of his pocket, sliding one to each member.

"We're invited."

Oh wow, that might be the single smart thing they've done.

"Invited?"
"Yeah, we ain't exactly high-class people."

"Not to the party, fools. Look at the ticket."

"It's.. an order."
"That's right, it's for cooking supplies. We sneak in with the supplies, sneak out with the princess. Easy as that."

"Boss, how we supposed to just sneak out with the princess?"
"That's the best part: It's a Gallete dinner. So they'll be worried about Princess Charlotte when you start the distraction."

"Wait, ME?"
"Exactly, because you don't get caught. Not that I've seen at least."
"And hey, if it doesn't work out, we'll- uh- write you a thank you card sometime."

"Guys, wait-"

You think you've had enough of this. With some help from a waitress you sneak back to your table.

--

"And I just-" Yuuki stammers, already on her third glass. "And I just wanna protect all the kids here. It breaks my heart how much they're mistreated."

"I'm not mistreated." Louise finishes her wine.
"I'm mistreated?" Kayda seems confused.

"Argh, 'nuff of that." You sit down, "I got their plan and it's kinda weird."
"What's it about?" Tuile is finishing your beer for you. Maybe she doesn't get this 'competition' thing.

"They're going to Charlotte's dinner party to kidnap you, who isn't there. Because they think you're my summoner, which you aren't."
"Oh, I see." Tuile feigns interest as she finishes off your glass. "Welp, the day is saved then. Want to come sleep at the castle tonight?"

There's a part of you that wants to say yes more than anything right now.

>Thread End.
>>
File: 1419906300364.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1419906300364.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Sorry for the slow pace the last couple of days but I've been beat. I've been up during a really harsh set of training at work. I'm beat.

Maybe I should have postponed until friday, but I have other things then too.

Well. Thanks for putting up with my slow pace. Hopefully next week will be faster. Thanks to everyone who participated.
>>
File: 1413523458098.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1413523458098.gif
2 MB, 400x250
And again my tiredposting has made me post the wrong end-card. Here we go.
>>
>>46215404
It was uh... a Cody end-card.
Thanks for finishing up the thread Announcer, I prefer just wrapping it up now rather than waiting until you could run a full thread to continue off. It'll look better in the archive too.
>>
>>46215404
Heh, I kinda don't mind the one you used.
>>
>>46215404
thanks for running
>>
File: 1411930849255.gif (3 MB, 570x315) Image search: [Google]
1411930849255.gif
3 MB, 570x315
>>46215389
Hey uh, I don't want to impose, but I used to follow this quest up until the conclusion of Jack's adventure into bear land and that bizarre village everyone was getting teleported into. I've tried to catch up on the archive but there's just so much to go through I never found the time, but I still want to get back in on this quest. Can anyone give me an abridged version of whats happened since then?
>>
>>46215404
Thanks for running.

Didn't expect Yuuki to have had such a rough time of it at first. With how Annetta is, I always though it was sunshine, rainbows and fluffy bunny(girl)s from the get go.

Unless Dorje had some trials of his own, it's starting to look like Jack had the easiest time.
>>
File: 1410554422981.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1410554422981.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>46215925
Sure.

You missed:

>Returning to Biscotti to find that everyone is still half-crazy
>Atsuko being dere-dere
>Taking all the kids on a shopping trip
>Finding out that something big, with scales and claws, had started a nest in Catland's castle
>Assembling the team to go take down a dragon.
>Yuuki's body being too 'gifted' to fit through small passages while trying to infiltrate the castle
>Jack nearly avoiding being lit ablaze
>Finding out about several prisoners Gallete was keeping below the castle in the dungeons
>One of which was a teenage dragon with emotional problems.
>The other of which was a little girl who claimed to be Gallete's princess.
>In disgust, the team leaves with both of them and returns to Biscotti
>Yuuki nearly starts a war over this
>Jack nearly starts a war over this
>Late that night, when Jack is sleeping at the shrine. Biscotti castle is attacked
>Not by dragons, but by ninjas.
>Yuuki beats them back with the art of freezing everything.
>Louise fails her save and is almost kidnapped.
>But is then rescued by Pomelo, the clumsy dog-knight
>Repeated attacks from unknown forces continue to happen throughout the following day
>j/k, we find it was bearland all along
>Yuuki is kidnapped.
>Kayda has a mental breakdown and nearly destroys her nation's sitting king.
>Yuuki is rescued.
>Louise goes on a dungeon expedition with Kayda
>Proceeds to light everything on fire
>Which leans to now: luring out the last of the bad guys who don't seem to be very bright.

I've been debating whether to put a plot synopsis in the pastebin or not for people. I need to reconsider doing that.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.